Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

No, he is not..He is not Alex Kiriakis, Sonny's half brother..He is the son of Victor's brother..That is a retcon because Victor only had one brother and his name was Alexander...

This is so stupid. Do you they were casting for Alex (Sonny's brother), then realized they were crazy to have killed off Paul Telfer's first character so quickly and decided to put him in the role, but thought we wouldn't accept him, because of the accent? Hello, Show. We're the audience that accepted that plastic surgery changed curly haired, shorter, lighter Wayne Northrup into Drake Hogestyn. We later accepted the guy who played Chris Kositchek. We also accepted Northup back as Alex North. What's a little accent hand-waving? 

• Love 3

No, they invented a brother for Justin....Justin and Victor have always said that they were the only ones left from their original family.These idiots forget that the fans always remember every detail...Don't they have a continuity person on their writing staff...Unbelievable...or at least a bible about the characters' histories and family relations.....No wonder Days is last in the ratings....

At this point they really don't even need a book full of characters' histories. Have they never heard of google? Detailed character histories are freely available online.

Paul's getting angry that Sonny is still committed to his marriage was pretty psychotic--seriously, he just expects Sonny to fall into his arms because he's come out of the closet?  Or he just doesn't understand the concept of forgiveness?

Sparkle reminds me of Abifail.

• Love 4

At this point they really don't even need a book full of characters' histories. Have they never heard of google? Detailed character histories are freely available online.

Sparkle reminds me of Abifail.

Will is right when he says that Sparkle is after his husband...Sparkle is very subtle and Will can see right through him..Plus, Sonny encourages Sparkle by constantly eye-fucking him, smiling at him, seeking him out...He needs to stay away from Sparkle....Sonny is also fanning the flames of encouragement when it comes to Sparkle...Will is wrong with the way he is dealing with Sparkle...If Will was more calculating like his mother, he would come up with a scheme to unmask him....A part of Sonny enjoys the attention that he is getting from Sparkle...

Edited by Apprentice79

Will/Sonny/Paul are starting to give me Passions Gwen/Ethan/Theresa vibes- especially with all this sudden focus on "fate" and Sonny repeatedly saying he is committed to his "marriage" but not "Will"

What does that mean? I never watched passions...I think Sonny wants to stay for Arianna...I would not be surprise if something bad happens to Ari while in Will's care and Sparkle is the one that comes to her rescue..Since the show is committed to deify Sparkle and demonize Will as Satan..I am fully expecting that to happen....

Edited by Apprentice79

Once Guy Wilson was cast as Will, Freddie should have been the lead in Wilson, while Guy was supporting....I never understood why the show did not do that.....Freddie made Wilson gold in my opinion, even with Chandler's Will...Sonny is a legacy child just like Will..Has Freddie explained his reasons for leaving the show?

How is Sonny a legacy child?  I though a legacy character is from a family that has been on the show since it began.  Perhaps I don't really know what it means.

On the campiest most over the top soap ever, gwen and ethan were high school sweethearts. Theresa, who grew up with ethan as the daughter of the servant to ethan's family, fell in love with ethan and became determined to get him. She managed to get him actually, but gwen would not be thwarted and exposed Ethan's true paternity to the entire world in a tabloid and framed theresa. Ethan then united with gwen and she became pregnant but theresa again would not take no for an answer and went after ethan and got him back. Gwen lost her baby and a guilty Ethan who also no longer trusted Theresa married Gwen. Gwen then stole Theresa's son little ethan, theresa stole gwen's baby, and they basically plotted against one another and schemed and lied and stole to get Ethan to choose them. And Ethan basically remained the angel int he whole situation and would repeatedly tell theresa "i'm married" instead of "i don't want you" (because he would be routinely caught making out with her or secretly talking to her, etc. Then Theresa would repeatedly tell the WHOLE town "Ethan and I are fate." Turns out, Theresa got the guy in the end...

Do you think that Paul will get Sonny? The show has made it clear that he loves Will and they have built a life together...He has feelings for Sparkle, but it is based on nostalgia and what could have been..All of this is moot now, since Freddie is leaving....I want Paulson to get together so that they will be miserable together..Sometimes the fantasy is better than the reality...Plus, Will will never let Sonny see Arianna if he gets with Sparkle....

Edited by Apprentice79

Do you think that Paul will get Sonny? The show has made it clear that he loves Will and they have built a life together...He has feelings for Sparkle, but it is based on nostalgia and what could have been..All of this is moot now, since Freddie is leaving....I want Paulson to get together so that they will be miserable together..Sometimes the fantasy is better than the reality...Plus, Will will never let Sonny see Arianna if he gets with Sparkle....

I would have been able to say "undoubtedly" a month ago but with all the recent casting news, i'm unsure. I don't doubt Sonny loves Willl, even though I never shipped the relationship. But going along with the Passions analogy I've recalled, before the affair, I would have pegged Paul as the Gwen in the trio. But the combination of the paternity tabloid reveal of the rich hotshot everyone wants, Will's scheming with the help of Lucas (as gwen schemed with the help of her mother), Paul's mother being totally against Paul pursuing Sonny (as Theresa's mother was critical of Theresa pursuing ethan on passions) Sonny and Paul's strange charged encounters, only stopped when Sonny recalls that he is married, one little blond cherub Arianna (named Jane on Passions), and the way "fate" has suddenly become Paul's new theme song for life (especially with the camera pan over that "fate will find you" poster in Sonny's office), I'm still leaning toward Paulson as happening more than I am Wilson. I honestly think the show wants to take Will down a dark road way more than they want Wilson to be a supercouple and in order to be the early sami-mimicry the show wants Will to be, Will has to be desperate, insecure, and alone- he can't be blissfully happy with Sonny for it to work.

I would have been able to say "undoubtedly" a month ago but with all the recent casting news, i'm unsure. I don't doubt Sonny loves Willl, even though I never shipped the relationship. But going along with the Passions analogy I've recalled, before the affair, I would have pegged Paul as the Gwen in the trio. But the combination of the paternity tabloid reveal of the rich hotshot everyone wants, Will's scheming with the help of Lucas (as gwen schemed with the help of her mother), Paul's mother being totally against Paul pursuing Sonny (as Theresa's mother was critical of Theresa pursuing ethan on passions) Sonny and Paul's strange charged encounters, only stopped when Sonny recalls that he is married, one little blond cherub Arianna (named Jane on Passions), and the way "fate" has suddenly become Paul's new theme song for life (especially with the camera pan over that "fate will find you" poster in Sonny's office), I'm still leaning toward Paulson as happening more than I am Wilson. I honestly think the show wants to take Will down a dark road way more than they want Wilson to be a supercouple and in order to be the early sami-mimicry the show wants Will to be, Will has to be desperate, insecure, and alone- he can't be blissfully happy with Sonny for it to work.

I see what you mean..However, fate can also be used for Wilson, since their lives are linked through so many family members..They knew of each other before meeting in person. Paulson will happen , for it to happen Will has to become so unlikable and hated by the audience that Sonny will not look bad for walking away from Will and Arianna...People will say Yes and cheer him on as he leaves their apartment...They trashed Billie to make the Bo/Hope reunion palatable..Billie became a scheming bitch....They had her daughter kill Hope's son....Billie's insecurity regarding Hope drove her bananas and she had Kate helping her with her pathetic schemes..Billie even slept with Bo, when he thought that she was Hope....You can have a good triangle without trashing any of the people involved in it..

On General Hospital, the Holly/Robert/Anna triangle was awesome because everybody had a point of view and was sympathetic..I am still torn about who Robert's true love is..Some days, I say Anna and sometimes I say it is Holly..It was that damn good and layered....Nobody was trashed to elevate the other...Robert's relationships with both women were respected and given value...I would be happy with whomever Robert ended up with at the end of the soap because both women were special to him and were good with him and for him...Plus, the women respected one another and never stooped to name calling and catfights..That later was changed by Guza and company, but I will not even mention that....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

On General Hospital, the Holly/Robert/Anna was awesome because everybody had a point of view and was sympathetic..I am still torn about who Robert's true love is..Some day, I say Anna and sometimes I say it is Holly..It was that damn good and layered....Nobody was trashed to elevate the other...

I think in some of those later Holly visits under Guza she was trashed.  Holly adored Robert and would never have cheated on him, but even before the arrival of Ethan, when Luke, Robert, Holly, Robin and Patrick were together, Anna showed up and referred to Holly as a tramp more or less. Anna had never had an issue with Holly, so this came out of nowhere. I blame Guza, then there was the monkey virus with Holly being greedy, followed by Ethan and the retcon of cheating. At least more recently the show has somewhat corrected that. Sorry to be so OT, it just always bothered me.  LOL

• Love 2

I think in some of those later Holly visits under Guza she was trashed.  Holly adored Robert and would never have cheated on him, but even before the arrival of Ethan, when Luke, Robert, Holly, Robin and Patrick were together, Anna showed up and referred to Holly as a tramp more or less. Anna had never had an issue with Holly, so this came out of nowhere. I blame Guza, then there was the monkey virus with Holly being greedy, followed by Ethan and the retcon of cheating. At least more recently the show has somewhat corrected that. Sorry to be so OT, it just always bothered me.  LOL

I said before Guza took over in the 90's...loll.. you are correct...When the triangle was in effect in the 80'sand early 90's Holly was awesome...Ethan should have been Robert's son with Holly.....I always fanwanked that was Paloma masquerading as Holly under Guza...

Edited by Apprentice79

Loathe that they wasted the opportunity with Xander. I could have pretty easily recto bed the accent. And Justin's son being the one to take over the dirty deeds? That is how it should be not some fake retcon K.

• Love 3

Loathe that they wasted the opportunity with Xander. I could have pretty easily recto bed the accent. And Justin's son being the one to take over the dirty deeds? That is how it should be not some fake retcon K.

I am way more inclined to believe in an Arizona resident with a New Zealand accent than I am to believe Victor Kiriakis has a secret family member. Also, why is it Xander grew up with Brady and Dan but not Justin? Show made no sense today

• Love 2

Say what now? Alexander grew up with Brady and Dan? Why does he have that accent??? Or, uh, why do Brady and Dan have the accents that they do??

Yeah,  Paul seemed like Abigail today. It's on days like this, I find Paul as annoying as Will. I know Sonny gives him a few funny looks sometimes, but since Paul was in that bed with Will, has it not occurred to Paul that Sonny could just as easily want to distance himself from the guy who slept with his husband as the husband who cheated on him? Take out the fact that they're all the same gender/biological sex (with potential attractions to each other), and think about it....normally you don't like the person who slept with your spouse any more than you like the spouse who cheated on you.  Oh well,   Sonny clearly has a type -- annoying dudes!

Sonny is getting prettier each day.

Today was another one of those days where I stared weirdly at Abigail's face and was all "WTF is up with your face, lady?" Abigail's face is my nemesis!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

"He seduced me", Sneasel says to Jawn.  Jawn readjusts his dentures, settles down on his hemorrhoid pillow and snifs that Sparkle is NOT My Little Pony but instead just an evil tribble.  And all the time, Sneasel sits there, tiny rat teeth showing, waiting to go nibble on some sunflower seeds and take a sprint in his cage.

Evil little Sneasel.  Dumb as shit Jawn.

I fully admit that I don't care about Zander's back story - Show wants to retcon in a previously unknown nephew, I can live with that.  Maybe I wouldn't feel that way if Show hadn't assaulted us all for years now by throwing Bonehead Brady, Dirty Dan and assorted other asswipes in our face continuously.  I like this actor and I'll deal with the character.

Oh -  I didn't see Show as telling us that Zander grew up with Dan and Brady, just that they all spent part of a summer vacation together on an island years ago.  Hence the vague recollections on the part of Brady and that "I know that guy" we've gotten from Dan.  It makes sense that the older guys would have a fainter memory than Zander who is younger, especially if - for some inexplicable reason, he looked up to them.  WHY?????

Based on the utter lack of emoting coming from Mama Narita, somebody might want to break it to Sparkle that his mother has passed away, and tell MarRoomba she's talking to a dead woman.

Edited by boes
  • Love 7

Mama Narita is so boring I can't imagine either Stephano or Jawn ever wanting to hit the sheets with her. She's really not their type...

Paul is annoying me, but since he seems to have an actual personality and she doesn't, I keep thinking Mama Narita is lying about having given birth to him.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

I get a kick out of Mama Norita. She actually reminds me of my friend's mother. generally prim, proper, and reserved but with a bit of a cold tone. I cracked up when she told Will without the least bit of inflection "You're a very paranoid young man." I also like her and Paul's dynamic and the height difference. I'm a sucker for good mother/son relationships on soaps, watcanisay

• Love 7

Or cousin, if his father is a previously unknown Victor brother.

Of course, but if my memory serves (and hey, it may well not), Victor only had the one brother (whose name was Alexander). It was sort of him and Justin against the world.

• Love 2

I am way more inclined to believe in an Arizona resident with a New Zealand accent than I am to believe Victor Kiriakis has a secret family member. Also, why is it Xander grew up with Brady and Dan but not Justin? Show made no sense today

Victor sorta made it clear he loathes his bastard nephew.  Sure, he got him free from a murder rap, but that's nothing special.  I suspect that Alexandros is some type of illegitimate child of Justin's dead daddy, which explains why Wally got a FT contract.  He can battle his bastard half-brother. And maybe we will get a fun stunt cast of Mama Cook, who secretly had a Kiriakis heir and was left with nothing when Justin's father abruptly died.  It would totally make sense that she would name him after his father and croon to him that he deserves a piece of the Empire.

Hopefully they won't continue to address the Daniel-Brady-Xander beach frolics from years gone by. That's just too illogical

Oh, and congrats to DOOL for fooling the hyperactive, uninformed soap "press" and the dozens of internet wannabes with "Alexandros".  Not as great as the "Jake Kositchek Killed Marlena -- oops, Samantha Evans" fakeout of 30 years ago, when even Entertainment Tonight fell for the storyline.  But I am sure Corday and staff were chortling and guffawing in delight.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 2

Ugh it upsets me that Xander is not actually Justin & Anjelica's child but some random nephew we've never heard of before but who is still also named Alexander - GRRR stupid writers  - I guess it's good he's still a Kiriakis but I would have liked it better if he was Sonny's brother.

Does anyone care about Bollie being wanted by Florida police?    He needs to follow his sister out of town (he can take Abifail with him until she's recast with someone who can actually act)    I really hate that Chad is saddled with this stupid story.

Oh Will - Paul DID NOT seduce you - you willingly had sex with him - the more you tell your sad sob story the more I want to punch you. 

• Love 6

Will is right when he says that Sparkle is after his husband...Sparkle is very subtle and Will can see right through him..Plus, Sonny encourages Sparkle by constantly eye-fucking him, smiling at him, seeking him out...He needs to stay away from Sparkle....Sonny is also fanning the flames of encouragement when it comes to Sparkle...Will is wrong with the way he is dealing with Sparkle...If Will was more calculating like his mother, he would come up with a scheme to unmask him....A part of Sonny enjoys the attention that he is getting from Sparkle...

I agree that Paul wants to go after Sonny. He may even believe that he doesn't, but he so does. It makes it even weirder that Will isn't working like hell to save his marriage. (Again, a great opportunity to show Will struggling to accept responsibility and fight his own battles is lost)

In another example of my "never in the real world, but it's ok in Salem" line of reasoning, I don't care that Paul is after Sonny, mainly because he didn't set out to destroy the relationship; he happened upon it while that was already in progress.  Sure, he's not much for respecting boundaries, but I'm not sure how much respect one should give a marriage when one partner is willing to betray the other with so little prompting.

• Love 3

I agree that Paul wants to go after Sonny. He may even believe that he doesn't, but he so does. It makes it even weirder that Will isn't working like hell to save his marriage. (Again, a great opportunity to show Will struggling to accept responsibility and fight his own battles is lost)

In another example of my "never in the real world, but it's ok in Salem" line of reasoning, I don't care that Paul is after Sonny, mainly because he didn't set out to destroy the relationship; he happened upon it while that was already in progress.  Sure, he's not much for respecting boundaries, but I'm not sure how much respect one should give a marriage when one partner is willing to betray the other with so little prompting.

They are determined to make Will the interloper in his own marriage....I have a feeling that it  is going to get worst before it gets better..What if they make Will completely psycho, he tries to kill Paul, but, kills Sonny instead.....Will runs away with the help of Lucas, Sami, Marlena and Kate..Then Rafe takes custody of Arianna....Wilson gets a tragic ending and Paul is left in town to pick up the pieces after his twu wuv's murder. To make Paulson the greatest love story ever told, you can have Sonny die in Paul's  arms while declaring their eternal love to one another..Will will be shrieking in the background at Paul, look at what you made me do, this is all your fault...

Victor vows revenge on Will and decides to make Kate pay for her grandson's crime. There will be tension between Lucas/ Adrienne and John/ Marlena..This same scenario happened on Guiding Light  with the Dinah/Hart/Cassie triangle, Dinah turned Psycho and tried to kill Cassie, but killed Hart by accident..She was turned into an interloper in her own relationship like Will and her mother Vanessa helped her runaway....Cassie was left to pick up the pieces of her life without Hart...I never liked Cassie because Dinah was sacrificed for her...A legacy child was sacrificed for a newbie. Just like Paul, Cassie was the long lost relative of Reva a legacy character putting her on the same level as Dinah. I stopped watching the show after that. I never even watched the final show..I loved Hart and Dinah..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Wait, so Battery-Operated BOllie has yet another name? Why do these writers think the only way to make a character interesting is to give him or her a secret identity? Does no one realize that "confusing backstory" is not the same as "depth"?

And of all the characters for the FBI to show an interest in, this show chooses the walking vibrator? Yeah, no.

• Love 7

Wait, so Battery-Operated BOllie has yet another name? Why do these writers think the only way to make a character interesting is to give him or her a secret identity? Does no one realize that "confusing backstory" is not the same as "depth"?

And of all the characters for the FBI to show an interest in, this show chooses the walking vibrator? Yeah, no.

Why do these writers think anyone gives a single fuck about this plastic piece of shit? The feds can throw mannequin in the nearest body of water and animal control needs to put that Abifail creature down.

• Love 5

Why do these writers think anyone gives a single fuck about this plastic piece of shit? The feds can throw mannequin in the nearest body of water and animal control needs to put that Abifail creature down.

Sad part is that now that Chad has been revealed as wanting Abby just because he has feelings for her, as far as I am concerned he can join them in the pile of characters I give not one single fuck about. 

Betcha now that Xander feels all inferior to Dark Roast and his diamonds are in his fireplace, Dan gets to solve the great "diamond" caper. 

• Love 5

Well, whatever happens to Ben, Chad, and Abigail, I hope I can laugh at them.That seems to be what they're most good for (especially Abigail! I love laughing at her and her smug face when it drops in humiliation! I can never get enough of this!). 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Sad part is that now that Chad has been revealed as wanting Abby just because he has feelings for her, as far as I am concerned he can join them in the pile of characters I give not one single fuck about. 

If only his feeling were revulsion, disgust, dislike, disrespect, abhorrence, aversion, repugnance, contempt and disgust, all would be good,

I'd also be okay if he just wanted to bury her alive to see how long she lasts.

Edited by boes
  • Love 5

Are the writers really this dumb?  Do they not realize that fans loved the idea of Xander being Sonny's brother Alex.

Will can never be Sami.  I don't care how much the writers try to claim he is just like her.  Will has had Sami, Kate, and Lucas fighting his battles for years.  Lucas went to prison for him.  Sneasel will never be alone.  No matter what he does Sami, Kate, and Lucas will always be there for Will.

I feel like the same thing is being done to Will that was done to Sami when Rafe and Carrie started sniffing around each other.  Carrie as the golden child couldn't be the bad guy for wanting her sister's husband, so Sami was made to be the villain by having her cheat with EJ even though Sami was never a cheater before that.  Rafe and Carrie were also cheaters, but Sami was the only one who got blamed for anything in that horrible SL.  Ironically, prior to this SL, Will was treated as the golden child.

• Love 6

I don't hate Abby, but I don't get her, either. 

Do you know how awesome JJ and Abigail are in my head? If you'd have told me ten or fifteen  years ago that Jack and Jennifer's kids would someday be...whatever it is they are now....there's no way I'd have believed you  Maybe there's still hope for JJ if he gives up that self loathing, puppy love bullshit thing he's got going on, but there's no way these kids should be so dull. I also wouldn't have believed that Jennifer turned into a humorless, bitter woman, so I guess I'm a piss poor judge of fictional character.

I'm trying to remember the last soap kid that lived up to the awesomeness of its parents and coming up blank. Ciara is the only one who gives me any kind of hope, and the show'll be long gone before I get to see that happen.

• Love 6

Unfortunately, the show is repeating its already frequent pattern of generating conflict by ignoring history, retconning people or events, or getting people to act in ways that are completely out of character, or some combination of all of the above. The creation of Xander-Who-Isn't-Alex-After-All, his newly invented history with Daniel and Brady, Will's trying to recast his own role in sleeping with Sparkle Paul as some sort of seduction, and Marlena's confrontation with Mama Narita -- all of it stinks of "we wrote ourselves into a corner; please hold while we pull random crap out of our asses for a while."

Or maybe Won't is consciously repainting his own behaviour, since being the retroactive victim of seduction worked so well for his cousin Grabbigail.

• Love 4

I don't hate Abby, but I don't get her, either. 

I fall on the side of hating her, but, yeah, I don't get her either. I can never feel bad for her.  Like, NEVER. And at some point in time I've felt bad for everyone on this show, even if I hate them. Maybe I even felt bad for Stephano when Lexie died. I disagree vehemently with Eve's actions, but there are moments where I've felt something in the way of "Oh my goodness, you're screwed! What have you done! I think I might feel sort of bad for you, because....emotion x came in when you did that with your face...even though the fact that you slept with your daughters boyfriend was really stinky." Most of the time I find myself against Eve, but I can bring myself to feel somewhat bad for her because she's so....something-or-other.  I can never bring myself to feel any of this sort for Abigail. Like, I actively enjoy laughing at her, and I'm afraid it might be a disorder of some kind.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 10

Or maybe Won't is consciously repainting his own behaviour, since being the retroactive victim of seduction worked so well for his cousin Grabbigail.

At least no one (except Jawn, who is dumb) is buying Will's claims of being seduced. No one is saying that Sparkle "forced" Will to have sex, unlike Abifail's cheerleaders. Speaking of seduction, what was with Sparkle's Useless Mother trying to claim that Will seduced that precious snowflake? Even if that were true, which it's not, seduction isn't the same thing as rape or coercion. She knows Mr. Crest White Strips willing had sex with Will so what's her point? She can have a seat.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 7

I know we were supposed to find the big meeting at TBD as some sort of dramatic moment but between Tori Simpson's complete emotionlessness and Sneasel's over-wroughtness, the scene felt flat.  The only person's emotions I buy are Sonny's because he's as confused as I am :)

Who didn't love Abby's throwing an immediately suspicious eye on Chad when the reveal came about that the authorities are looking for Ben? There's our non-judgmental Abs!   Also what was with all of the exclamation points in her texts to Chad?  And she's just finding ways to contrive to be alone with him isn't she?  

• Love 5

Unfortunately, the show is repeating its already frequent pattern of generating conflict by ignoring history, retconning people or events, or getting people to act in ways that are completely out of character, or some combination of all of the above. The creation of Xander-Who-Isn't-Alex-After-All, his newly invented history with Daniel and Brady, Will's trying to recast his own role in sleeping with Sparkle Paul as some sort of seduction, and Marlena's confrontation with Mama Narita -- all of it stinks of "we wrote ourselves into a corner; please hold while we pull random crap out of our asses for a while." Or maybe Won't is consciously repainting his own behaviour, since being the retroactive victim of seduction worked so well for his cousin Grabbigail.

That is why the ratings are in the toilet..Ken Corday is an idiot....

Are the writers really this dumb?  Do they not realize that fans loved the idea of Xander being Sonny's brother Alex.

Will can never be Sami.  I don't care how much the writers try to claim he is just like her.  Will has had Sami, Kate, and Lucas fighting his battles for years.  Lucas went to prison for him.  Sneasel will never be alone.  No matter what he does Sami, Kate, and Lucas will always be there for Will.

I feel like the same thing is being done to Will that was done to Sami when Rafe and Carrie started sniffing around each other.  Carrie as the golden child couldn't be the bad guy for wanting her sister's husband, so Sami was made to be the villain by having her cheat with EJ even though Sami was never a cheater before that.  Rafe and Carrie were also cheaters, but Sami was the only one who got blamed for anything in that horrible SL.  Ironically, prior to this SL, Will was treated as the golden child.

Ken Corday is an idiot  period..He is shaming his parents by destroying their legacy..He needs to retire..I hope there are some NBC people trolling us and they let him know that we are dissatisfied with the show...Everybody is unlikable....Only Sonny for now is likable..I fully expect him to do something out of character to balance out Will's craziness....

• Love 1

I don't appreciate this Abigail foolishness- we already did this storyline and more compellingly with E.J. obsessing over Sami while she was with Lucas.

That ambush at TBD was everything. I loved Sonny's look of shock at Will- notice how unsurprised Will is by that reveal Sonny! Notice!

Also what right does John have to tell Tori or Paul who they can speak to? Hmm John let's think- there's one Japanese woman in town and one half-japanese man in town sitting together- how could they possibly know each other?

• Love 3

Wow listening to Sneasel tell his side of what happened to Jawn made me realize he's not in denial......he's in his own little bubble of reality in his mind. And I can't wait until Monday when hopefully he finally gets a rude awakening about what really happened. Paul seduced him, he's the innocent one...... riiiight. Am I wrong in recalling that it was mutual sex and they went at it more than once? For me the best part of today's episode was the brief scene when Will got all bitchy when he saw Paul at the club and Sonny just quietly but very forcefully said "be quiet, and listen." I'm getting the feeling that Sonny's set up Will for him to try more lies on him and I'm thinking that he's had it up to here with it. Next week I would just love to have Sonny just as quietly say "Will, I can't believe anything you say to me now. My uncle was right, I didn't marry you I adopted you."

Edited by madhacker
  • Love 9

I said before Guza took over in the 90's...loll.. you are correct...When the triangle was in effect in the 80'sand early 90's Holly was awesome...Ethan should have been Robert's son with Holly.....I always fanwanked that was Paloma masquerading as Holly under Guza...

I think TR wanted that too. He said Robert and Holly should have had a coma baby. For a while too I thought maybe Sam would be their coma baby. There was a scene from when they were married where they were discussing names and she said she wanted Samantha for a girl's name, then there was Sam's history of playing the con like Holly.

Again sorry to be OT, sometimes I just follow where the thread goes.  Please forgive.  :)

• Love 3

I just...I don't understand this defense.  Even if Paul had set out to seduce Will as part of some nefarious plot, so what?  Will didn't say no, he didn't keep his pants on, he CHEATED C-H-E-A-T-E-D on Sonny of his own accord.

• Love 14

I think TR wanted that too. He said Robert and Holly should have had a coma baby. For a while too I thought maybe Sam would be their coma baby. There was a scene from when they were married where they were discussing names and she said she wanted Samantha for a girl's name, then there was Sam's history of playing the con like Holly.

Again sorry to be OT, sometimes I just follow where the thread goes.  Please forgive.  :)

That would have been awesome..There was something about Ethan that I liked as Robert and Holly's son...There was a rumor that Sam was going to be revealed as the real daughter of Robert and Anna..That Robin was a fake, the babies were switched... but Tristan and Finola refused to do that....

This show just suck and Will is an idiot...He was not raped by Sparkle..I remember Sparkle asking him if he was sure about having sex..Will was excited to get some dick..I wish Sparkle  would tell Sonny that....Sami was never pathetic in her schemes and lies..Sonny knows how to handle Will and Will folds like a cheap suit...lol Sonny told him to be quiet and stay out of it, when Will started getting bitchy about Sparkle....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Will is still attracted to Sparkle....He focuses too much on him and not on repairing his marriage...

Oh undoubtedly, but I mean that Will and John are having this seduction convo at all, since John is Paul's father. Add that to that weird hand explosion thing John did when Sonny first came back home and Will was going to head home and be surprised, John knows much too much about their sex lives for comfort

• Love 1

I'm finding it more and more distasteful that so many of these people are acting like victims and blaming someone else for them willingly having sex with someone especially when there are so many actual rape victims on this show.

If the writers are trying to recreate Lucas/Sami/EJ, they need to stop.  1) they won't be able to do it, 2) they ruined the original SL with these three, and 3) they proceeded to continue to make things worse over time.  Lucas, Sami, EJ, Rafe, and Nicole were all thrown under the bus so Ken Corday could torture the fans, and tell them how wrong they were.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 6

I'm finding it more and more distasteful that so many of these people are acting like victims and blaming someone else for them willing having sex with someone especially when there are so many actual rape victims on this show.

Exactly..I hope Marlena and Sonny rip into Will on Monday.. Will is becoming more and more despicable. If I was a new viewer, I would think that Will was the interloper keeping the couple apart. Now Paul will use this to make inroads with Sonny...Sonny with his savior complex will be there for Paul as he process this news about his paternity....Will has inadvertently handed Sonny to Paul on a silver platter..He is so dumb..He should know better after watching his mother's schemes blow up in her face...

• Love 4

Why can't Lucas date Ann? Why does he have to get stuck with Sonny's mother? Yuck.

Oh wow, Sparkle has finally found out that his useless mother is a liar who forced him to grow up without a father. How devastating. Whatever. I wonder how long it will take him to use this situation to get Sonny to feel sorry for him.

I don't understand the writing for the Will/Sonny/Sparkle triangle. If they just HAD to have someone cheat, Sparkle finding out about Jawn would be the perfect set up for it. Sonny will try to support Sparkle and they'll end up getting closer, at least for awhile. This should have happened months ago and Sonny should have been the one to cheat. Then Will's behavior would be more understandable. So I guess making Will cheat first was just for shock value, not because it would lead to competent storytelling.

With FS leaving I wonder how much this triangle is going to change. For some reason I don't think they will recast Sonny so what happens to Will and Sparkle? Will as a character could survive without Sonny but unless they bring on another gay/bi man he would have to get with Sparkle by default. If Sonny and Will are both written out I'm wondering if they would get rid of Sparkle too. Just because he's Jawn's son doesn't mean he has to stay in Salem. He could move to Chicago and they could bond offscreen.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5