Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Instafight

• Start Topic

I'm so happy it's back!  Jax cannot be real.  There's no way.  The highlight of the episode was him going on about how everyone's made mistakes and his girlfriend's confusion.

Ariana is claiming she has a genius IQ (in her blog), so she would know if someone cheated on her.  And then she  states she evaluated the situation scientifically.  It's solved, folks!  There's no way FI Tom, who cheated numerous times on his last girlfriend and is known by all to be an excellent liar, cheated on her.  She's different, y'all. 

ETA: I forgot my other favorite moment was when FI Tom got sent over the edge by Kristen's new guy saying "You're 31!"

Edited by Dev
  • Love 4

A bare tattooed ass, forehead shaving, Queen Lisa in jeans, a British muppet getting punched...who could ask for more? Fabulous premiere.

And so this hour of awesomeness was summed up in the above sentence. Bravo!  (No pun intended). Maybe I should say Kadooz. 

Busboy does resemble a beat Muppet - - one that would actually admit to allegedly sleeping with someone who looks like she smells like old coffee and cigarettes.

While Busboy looks better than he did last season (just say no to crack?) he's still not all that.  I doubt that Flat Iron is jelly or anything.  The only thing Busboy has going for him is the British accent and Kristen may very well bang that out of him. 

Kristen claiming her nose looks different because of "contouring".  Uh-huh.  Why doesn't she just claim a deviated septum like everyone else?

Ariana is claiming she has a genius IQ (in her blog), so she would know if someone cheated on her.  And then she  states she evaluated the situation scientifically.  It's solved, folks!  There's no way FI Tom, who cheated numerous times on his last girlfriend and is known by all to be an excellent liar, cheated on her.  She's different, y'all.

Genius IQ?  If she's such a genius, what's she doing with these nitwits (Schwartz aside)?  And why didn't she figure out with her genius scientfic powers that Kristen and Jax banged and tell Flat Iron? 

I think Ariana is delusional.

• Love 1

Will there be a Stassi birthday ep this season?

I would think (hope) so. There may be some competition between that holy event and Shaena's wedding, though. *rubs hands in anticipation*

How come Stassi isn't living with her boyfriend? I'm guessing she'll start missing the feel of a chunky sweater at some point.

• Love 1

I guess Scheana is the producer's monkey this season and trying to start drama at every turn. She's friendly with Kristen because no one else will be. Guess having your wedding paid for by Bravo has some strings attached.

Botox in your 20s? They both look good, but geez. I doubt they need it, not that anyone "needs" it.

This trainwreck is absolutely my guilty pleasure. I love Lisa V anyway, but it's pretty remarkable to me that her elegant, posh brand hasn't been sullied by being attached to this bunch of bozos.

• Love 2

Oh my gosh, I forgot about Stassi's birthday episode to come! The gift that keeps on giving! Kristen's boyfriend was freakily enthusiastic at that dinner. He's going to fit right in. Why would FI Tom shave his forehead I don't get it?

• Love 2

Oh my gosh, I forgot about Stassi's birthday episode to come! The gift that keeps on giving! Kristen's boyfriend was freakily enthusiastic at that dinner. He's going to fit right in. Why would FI Tom shave his forehead I don't get it?

Perhaps he graduated from the Caroline Manzo Institute of Skincare Anomalies?

• Love 4

Please stop teasing about Stassi's birthday. That's probably at least not until episode 3 (through 6). I can't handle the anticipation.

And imagining the various and sundry ways Jax will find to ruin it for her.  

Damn, I'm glad this little gem's back.  I hope Bravo has awarded them a very long and fruitful season.

• Love 3

Stassi is looking more and more like Chelsea Clinton with that new haircut of hers. 

Jax definitely looks like the greasy old man of the group now. Damn has he aged. The alcohol bloat is really catching up, dude.

The nose contouring excuse Kristin is using...Kim Kardashian has been trying to convince us of that for years! 

I have a thing for Peter. He's hot. And I don't even like ponytails on men. 

• Love 5

Stassi is looking more and more like Chelsea Clinton with that new haircut of hers.

Jax definitely looks like the greasy old man of the group now. Damn has he aged. The alcohol bloat is really catching up, dude.

The nose contouring excuse Kristin is using...Kim Kardashian has been trying to convince us of that for years!

Can't figure out how to partially quote, but you maybe onto something with the Chelsea Clinton thing (somewhat apologies to Chelsea). Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 3

Oy, Mini Persnickety showed me a picture of Stassi she found through Google pre-chin implant and going through her self-professed "dark goth" high school days.

I'm just going to say that I'd have happily chipped in for that chin implant.  Girlfriend needed it.  

I, too, have a thing for Peter.

Because he seriously has a strong resemblance to Mr. Persnickety, ponytail and all.  I definitely have a "type."

• Love 3

Here are some before and after pics of Stassy:  http://www.allabouttrh.com/before-and-after-vanderpump-rules-star-stassi-schroeder/

It certainly gave her a lot of confidence.

I will laugh if Stassi's month-long birthday celebration is completely ignored for/gets little to no airtime due to Scheana's wedding. Stassi will blow a gasket.

I was kind of hoping Lisa would send them to Bakersfield for Stassy's birthday.  More than likely they will go to Palm Dessert to watch Lisa get her "star" on the walk of fame in a area she has visited once before.

• Love 1

Here are some before and after pics of Stassy:  http://www.allabouttrh.com/before-and-after-vanderpump-rules-star-stassi-schroeder/

It certainly gave her a lot of confidence.

I was kind of hoping Lisa would send them to Bakersfield for Stassy's birthday.  More than likely they will go to Palm Dessert to watch Lisa get her "star" on the walk of fame in a area she has visited once before.

As an inhabitant for the godforsaken central valley of California, I like to refer to this area as the armpit of California...and not just because of its geographic position.

I think sending the Goon Squad to the Armpit of California is an absolutely phenomenal idea.

I just won't use any public restrooms where any of them might have popped a squat.  

• Love 2

Oy, Mini Persnickety showed me a picture of Stassi she found through Google pre-chin implant and going through her self-professed "dark goth" high school days.

I'm just going to say that I'd have happily chipped in for that chin implant.  Girlfriend needed it.  

I, too, have a thing for Peter.

Because he seriously has a strong resemblance to Mr. Persnickety, ponytail and all.  I definitely have a "type."

I'm not sure you should admit that (see venereal diseases). But re Peter - Mr DC is 6'2" and on a good day weighs 170lbs (family metabolism) and loves his semi-beard, so who am I to judge?

• Love 1

As an inhabitant for the godforsaken central valley of California, I like to refer to this area as the armpit of California...and not just because of its geographic position.

I think sending the Goon Squad to the Armpit of California is an absolutely phenomenal idea.

I just won't use any public restrooms where any of them might have popped a squat.  

I live in Napa but we spend a lot of time at CSUF because my husband is in the wine business and they have an enology and viticulture department.  I don't mind the area around the university I will say the worst place I have ever been in the central valley is Kettleman City.  Now that would be a round trip to send Stassi on. 

When I was in Kettleman City there main attraction was the Bravo  Store .  I was half expecting to see a Real Housewives aisle, a Vanderpump Rules aisle and a Below Deck aisle.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

I live in Napa but we spend a lot of time at CSUF because my husband is in the wine business and they have an enology and viticulture department.  I don't mind the area around the university I will say the worst place I have ever been in the central valley is Kettleman City.  Now that would be a round trip to send Stassi on. 

When I was in Kettleman City there main attraction was the Bravo  Store .  I was half expecting to see a Real Housewives aisle, a Vanderpump Rules aisle and a Below Deck aisle.

That would make Kettleman City definitely a drive worth taking.  

Especially if the SUR staff were there running the cash registers.  

Every season Jax sports a new style & it doesn't work. Season 1, sweaters. Season 2 unneeded glasses Season 3 stupid, untied bow ties. He constantly looks sweaty. I don't know who I find more annoying him or Stassi.

Stassi is soooo mature & evolved but she agreed to be back on the show. Are we really supposed to believe that she's moved on when she's back on it? I don't buy that she came back due to her boyfriends job & not the chance to be back on the show & get a paycheck. I don't find her to be funny, witty or attractive. I find her to be bratty & mean. If she's not working for Lisa's restaurants then she doesn't belong on the show.

• Love 3

I saw a little more last night...

Is FI Tom doing chemo or has he not gotten the memo that wearing ski caps in warm weather is no longer the cool things douchebags do?

Instagram wars? You know the only reason that happened was b/c they thought some important modeling agency who was watching would be impressed with their macting.

• Love 2

berly57, it appears he's begging someone for an apology. Whoever it is, he's met their parents because I specifically remember him mentioning that. I too am very curious to find out. Is it Kristen or Ariana?

Edited by turbogirlnyc

There's a shot in the previews of FI Tom's hair looking really horrible. Could Kristen have taken away his flat iron?

Btw, luved that shot of Lisa walking like Carol Burnett's Mrs. Wiggins. Is Lisa about 86 by now or what?

Is it the scene where Tom is all a mess, taking a self video and is like, "I'm so sorry!" - that scene looks crreeeepy as hell. And of course he cheated on Ariana.

I still maintain that old lady Lisa needs to give up the heels, she can't walk in them for shit. She creaks from side to side.

• Love 2

You guys, I forgot this... the receptionist in the plastic surgeon's office for Jax's nose job had the HUGEST, UGLIEST lips! I really hope that doctor didn't work on her becuase if so, I can't imagine what Jax's nose will look like.

• Love 6

You guys, I forgot this... the receptionist in the plastic surgeon's office for Jax's nose job had the HUGEST, UGLIEST lips! I really hope that doctor didn't work on her becuase if so, I can't imagine what Jax's nose will look like.

Yes, the receptionists lips were bad, very bad. I can tell that Jax had a nose job in his talking heads. If you look at the right side of his nose, the bump is clearly gone. I admit I had a nose job in my early 20's (I paid for it with my hard earned money) and my PS did not give me a completely new nose. Not at all. He fixed a few things and the results were noticeable to me, if not to everyone else. When I showed up to work after the surgery, not one person could tell that I'd had it done.

Any ideas why FI Tom is hysterical in the previews?

Dat's just FI Tom being FI Tom.  Er, maybe forehead shaving & over flat ironing fucks with your head?

Hey, guess what?  E is now showing eps from last season!!! YAY!!  I so miss orange Katie.  Sniff.  Who could blame adorable Tom Schwartz from throwing a drink at her?  I wanna throw a drink at her just for that hair color.  Will this season be as good without Katie being orange?  C;mon, loser Katie --- go back to orange again.  Well, it looks like she's gonna be drunk a lot.  Me likey drunk Katie.

I was thinkin' Tom Schwartz is the anti-Jax.  Totally adorable, tiny nose, not a drop of muscle or sweat anywhere on him.  JAX OTOH is always sweaty (from the roids) & looks like a swollen bloated ape.  Ew.

Um, I'm still scratchin' my head over how a busboy can afford a Beemer.  Explanations please?  Should we tell the kids that college is a waste of time & to just become a busboy?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3
He fixed a few things and the results were noticeable to me, if not to everyone else. When I showed up to work after the surgery, not one person could tell that I'd had it done.

That's actually what a good  PS should do.  But makes me curious if Jax's nose after his nose job is noticeably different.  I don't notice much change.  He still looks bloated, sweaty, swollen & gross to me.

• Love 2

Dat's just FI Tom being FI Tom. Er, maybe forehead shaving & over flat ironing fucks with your head?

Hey, guess what? E is now showing eps from last season!!! YAY!! I so miss orange Katie. Sniff. Who could blame adorable Tom Schwartz from throwing a drink at her? I wanna throw a drink at her just for that hair color. Will this season be as good without Katie being orange? C;mon, loser Katie --- go back to orange again. Well, it looks like she's gonna be drunk a lot. Me likey drunk Katie.

I was thinkin' Tom Schwartz is the anti-Jax. Totally adorable, tiny nose, not a drop of muscle or sweat anywhere on him. JAX OTOH is always sweaty (from the roids) & looks like a swollen bloated ape. Ew.

Um, I'm still scratchin' my head over how a busboy can afford a Beemer. Explanations please? Should we tell the kids that college is a waste of time & to just become a busboy?

Didn't someone mention it was an older model so used?

Dat's just FI Tom being FI Tom.  Er, maybe forehead shaving & over flat ironing fucks with your head?

I am busting out laughing at my desk.  Not the best thing to do but damn, this comment is freaking hilarious.

My vote is that banging Kristen for 4 or 5 years has to fuck with your head in some ways (not to mention possibly expose you to some type of STI that you would normally only read about on WebMD).

I have never heard of Kettlemen City but I have spent time in Bakersfield (my ex is from there) and "armpit of California" is putting it nicely.  I am originally from Georgia and I saw more rednecks in Bakersfield.  Why must everyone drive a jacked up, big ass white truck in a place that is dusty and dirty?  There is literally NOTHING to do in Bakersfield other than plotting your escape plan.  To see the Vanderpump Tools exiled there would make my black heart squee with glee.

Edited because "initially" and "originally" do not mean the same thing.

Edited by psychoticstate
  • Love 3

Man, this show continues to provide the chuckles & giggles.  The clothes, the clothes, the clothes.  I've never seen people dressed like this.  It's like another planet.  Anyone know -- do people in LA dress like this?  Stass looks too NYC in this ep.  I'm sure she's gonna morph back into what she was.  She'll get extensions & start wearing the stupid shit everyone else on here wears.

So now EW is doin' recaps-

http://community.ew.com/2014/11/03/vanderpump-rules-recap-instafight/

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Man, this show continues to provide the chuckles & giggles.  The clothes, the clothes, the clothes.  I've never seen people dressed like this.  It's like another planet.  Anyone know -- do people in LA dress like this?

Not the ones that I know. But most of them aren't Bravolebrity famewhores either. A few have legit modeling careers, and one is in the music industry....and none of them name drop or brand drop or brag about wealth or faux wealth. The only time the people I know talk about their "connections" is when it directly relates to what they do. I would say the guys are closer to reality than the girls are, appearance-wise. Minus the FI Tom grooming product addiction.

Thanks to The People's Couch, I stand corrected that Kristen's tattoos are on her butt. (Didn't notice what the tattoos actually are, though.)

Um, I'm still scratchin' my head over how a busboy can afford a Beemer.

Don't forget, he's also a deejay. (Which can actually pay pretty well - and maybe he does a little extra side somethin', too.) And, according to FI Tom, DJ Muppet is a mooch, which saves him money.

Man, this show continues to provide the chuckles & giggles

It really does. I laughed several times during this episode, and will likely watch it again.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 2

Um, I'm still scratchin' my head over how a busboy can afford a Beemer. Explanations please? Should we tell the kids that college is a waste of time & to just become a busboy?

Maybe he lives in it?

Also - Beemers suck. They can be quite cheap and cheaply made. I feel like only douchebags actually buy them. People with actual money don't drive them.

ETA - James did have the line of the night: “Go take a Honda Civic selfie!" That was pretty fucking hysterical.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 2

Sigh - Scheana and singing - two words that go great together. I'm hoping for an original song to Shay at their wedding. Complete with revealing bride pop "star" wear.

Edited by OnceSane
no slut-shaming language, please

ETA - James did have the line of the night: “Go take a Honda Civic selfie!" That was pretty fucking hysterical.

I want to go take a Honda selfie and send it to James, i.e., DJ Muppet (good one, jaync). Flat Iron can have the last laugh when DJ Muppet is taking the bus because his Beemer broke down and Flat Iron's Honda is still chugging along.

Complete with revealing bride pop "star" wear.

That Scheana can booty pop in. Don't forget that!

Edited by OnceSane
quoted post was edited
  • Love 1