Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

I am surprised Bethenny did not react more rationally due to her experience working and growing up on the racetrack. The horses are gone over with a fine toothed comb on a daily basis by caretakers, of which she said she was one, and trainers owners and  vets. I am sure she saw horses break down and have accidents and need euthanasia. A lot. Horses getting drugged. It was the 70s.  Like holding a lead shank while horses had either/or done to them .  Admistering medical treatment is a matter of fact part of that life and she was probably called upon to dispense medical treatments many many times. Her dad had Saudi money customers, and the best vets in the world. To go to social media really is a head scratcher for me, even as crazy and needy as she is. Unless of course she lied about walking hots at Saratoga which wouldn’t surprise me either ! 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I am surprised Bethenny did not react more rationally due to her experience working and growing up on the racetrack. The horses are gone over with a fine toothed comb on a daily basis by caretakers, of which she said she was one, and trainers owners and  vets. I am sure she saw horses break down and have accidents and need euthanasia. A lot. Horses getting drugged. It was the 70s.  Like holding a lead shank while horses had either/or done to them .  Admistering medical treatment is a matter of fact part of that life and she was probably called upon to dispense medical treatments many many times. Her dad had Saudi money customers, and the best vets in the world. To go to social media really is a head scratcher for me, even as crazy and needy as she is. Unless of course she lied about walking hots at Saratoga which wouldn’t surprise me either ! 

Her emotional reaction is not surprising imo. She had that pet for 18 years. It is different when it is a working animal, IMO.

I also don’t think that she witnessed that many euthanasia at the track. Who wants to hang around for the procedure?

Are there usually people hanging out there?

• Love 4

Haven't seen the notorious vid but agree it's been magnified hugely - I mean, it's Bethenny, folks, whose whole life is made public.  I had a Mini Schnauzer who had seizures the last third of her life and eventually died at age 13 during one, much longer fit. My vet could never find the cause for these episodes & they were very upsetting to watch, so can't fault B too much for her reaction, although agree it wasn't optimal parenting.  Who knows how one will react as one's longest-standing 'friend' seizes endlessly Load the tumbril, fellows!

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Her emotional reaction is not surprising imo. She had that pet for 18 years. It is different when it is a working animal, IMO.

I also don’t think that she witnessed that many euthanasia at the track. Who wants to hang around for the procedure?

Are there usually people hanging out there?

Pets are different in some degrees you are right. I am surprised she didn't have a more practical reaction, even though she was a pet, based on her experience. She would have more medical experience with animals than most and though when it is your pet that does kick in. 

When you're the trainer's kid you see it from the day you are born! You have a horse in the middle of night (the literal middle of the night Bethenny not 8pm) you are the on on the end of the lead shank meeting the vet. It is your job. You deal with it as a professional. Horses die from stall accidents, colic, flipping over, starting gate injuries as well as exercise and racing breakdowns on top of needed euthanasia for old age.  A racing stable is working a dozen or dozens or more horses at a time all of whom get daily medical attention making sure their legs are tight, hoof care is perfect, their upper respiratory health is good, and some euthanasia. IT is eons more hands on than having one pet for daily feeding and watering and probably little else. I don't even own a horse and I have 5 vets in my contacts right now. I am surprised she wasn't more resourceful and her experience didn't kick in to help the animal. She knows  prob over 10 people with 15+ vets in their contacts! It is a head scratcher for me. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Pets are different in some degrees you are right. I am surprised she didn't have a more practical reaction, even though she was a pet, based on her experience. She would have more medical experience with animals than most and though when it is your pet that does kick in. 

When you're the trainer's kid you see it from the day you are born! You have a horse in the middle of night (the literal middle of the night Bethenny not 8pm) you are the on on the end of the lead shank meeting the vet. It is your job. You deal with it as a professional. Horses die from stall accidents, colic, flipping over, starting gate injuries as well as exercise and racing breakdowns on top of needed euthanasia for old age.  A racing stable is working a dozen or dozens or more horses at a time all of whom get daily medical attention making sure their legs are tight, hoof care is perfect, their upper respiratory health is good, and some euthanasia. IT is eons more hands on than having one pet for daily feeding and watering and probably little else. I don't even own a horse and I have 5 vets in my contacts right now. I am surprised she wasn't more resourceful and her experience didn't kick in to help the animal. She knows  prob over 10 people with 15+ vets in their contacts! It is a head scratcher for me. 

I personally believe that her little stunt on Instagram/Snapchat was part marketing, part famewhoreing 

Beth is far from being stupid, IMO and knew exactly what to do.

She chose to use her pet’ s situation to engage with her audience.

I wonder if she will go as far as exploiting Brynn on line, one of those days.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I personally believe that her little stunt on Instagram/Snapchat was part marketing, part famewhoreing 

Beth is far from being stupid, IMO and knew exactly what to do.

She chose to use her pet’ s situation to engage with her audience.

I wonder if she will go as far as exploiting Brynn on line, one of those days.

Wasn't part of the custody agreement about barring Bryn from tv/media appearances? (I could be remembering that incorrectly.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, film noire said:

Wasn't part of the custody agreement about barring Bryn from tv/media appearances? (I could be remembering that incorrectly.)

True. It is a good thing that Jason had good legal representation.

• Love 4

Just want to state that I think my vet (wonderful lady) might be in tune with this SM outburst re: Cookie. Just got an email regarding holiday hours and an emergency veterinary phone number bolded. There will not be the same stuff happening in my neck of the woods. Now I have 2 vets and the (new) local emergency numbers in my phone. If nothing else, by what happened to Bethenny, this sad incident has taught  the rest of us to be aware of what to do when the unexpected happens. Get those numbers in your phones now! 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Word swap out
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Lemons said:

Scary. I feel sick thinking about something like that going for 40 minutes. My 17 year old dog is my first and only pet and I'm a bit scared. Our 24 hour vet is about 30 minutes away because we moved. I'm going to look for another one closer.  this incident is making me take action anyway. 

You can enter your zip code here (and preferred mile radius) and find emergency vets nearby to you, Lemons (and good luck).

http://www.vetlocator.com/hotline.php

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7

looks like they are filming..Beth just posted a video on IG of all the women celebrating her birthday- greek style....camera men in the background...looked super fun actually!

oh...and Carolyn has a blond bob!?

• Love 3
On 11/10/2017 at 10:00 PM, Christi said:

looks like they are filming..Beth just posted a video on IG of all the women celebrating her birthday- greek style....camera men in the background...looked super fun actually!

oh...and Carolyn has a blond bob!?

Thanks for sharing!  I hope this means all are back (and not in the "friends of" mode)

• Love 1
11 hours ago, WireWrap said:

As id Bethenny never talked during someone else's speech! LOL  https://pagesix.com/2017/11/13/bethenny-shushes-chatty-guests-during-speech/   

They're lucky she didn't throw water on them ; )

Oh, and it seems that Sonja did donate to Bethenny's charity, I guess she just didn't mention it in any of her SM shout out. 

It surprises me she kept it so quiet - good for Sonja  Ramona.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2

Oh, and it seems that Sonja did donate to Bethenny's charity, I guess she just didn't mention it in any of her SM shout out. 

Some great reporting there PageSix.  She gave a shout out to RAMONA and Tinsley.  They weren’t chatty guests, they were drunk, rude assholes yelling for the staff to bring more booze.  Really, PageSix needs to start paying decent money because the staff would have cleared this up before they went to press.

• Love 1

I am just now seeing this about the vid and chose not to watch because I have an 11 year old Dachshund that has had seizures since she was about 5 and is pretty well controlled now but on the rare occasion that she seizes it is so very heartbreaking. I can barely call my husband from another room because I am dying inside and trying to be calm.  The room needs to be dark and quiet and I need to keep my wits about me when it happens...very hard to watch and it still hurts my heart to go through it.  Who videos a sweet animal/dog having a seizure???  Oh, Beth, that is who.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, raiderred1 said:

I am just now seeing this about the vid and chose not to watch because I have an 11 year old Dachshund that has had seizures since she was about 5 and is pretty well controlled now but on the rare occasion that she seizes it is so very heartbreaking. I can barely call my husband from another room because I am dying inside and trying to be calm.  The room needs to be dark and quiet and I need to keep my wits about me when it happens...very hard to watch and it still hurts my heart to go through it.  Who videos a sweet animal/dog having a seizure???  Oh, Beth, that is who.

So sorry to read about your pup, Raider. Considering the sensitivity about your own situation, it would probably be upsetting and disturbing for you to  watch the video. You don't need to see it to imagine the scene. 

• Love 3

Exactly.  You respond to a situation like that in the way that makes the most sense to you.  At the time, in the moment ... 

It's really easy to second guess someone else for how they respond to a medical emergency, but you have to remember that you are not them.  You don't have their experiences or habits or knowledge or their emotional tendencies.  You are not the person who was on the spot, going through the emotional pressure and not sure what to do.  Bethenny responded to Cookie being in distress by getting really emotional (not a surprise) and putting what was going on out in a social media blast (her all too common standard operating procedure).  She obviously was not prepared, either emotionally or logistically (just like so many other people who can't face their aging pet's immanent death and don't properly prepare) and she made some choices that don't make sense to some people.  But I think her choices made sense to her, at the time.   I suspect that like so many pet parents she had been telling herself that the end would come one day when she found that Cookie had passed in her sleep one morning, that it would be "peaceful" ... but what she got was an ugly medical situation that she just wasn't ready for and she handled it in the way that came most naturally to her. To her.

Was it ideal?  As judged by people not in the situation who have had time to calmly sit behind their keyboard and reflect, her response was a fail.  But how can anyone be so sure that all the things she could have done that have been suggested over and over and over would have been what they would have been capable of if it had been their eighteen-year-old dog experiencing a seizure that wouldn't stop? You don't know until you've been there.  You may think you'd be the picture of calm, but how can you know?  Even if you are preparing yourself for an aging pet's passing, when it really goes down, you may not handle it as well as you think you would. 

giphy.gif

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

So sorry to read about your pup, Raider. Considering the sensitivity about your own situation, it would probably be upsetting and disturbing for you to  watch the video. You don't need to see it to imagine the scene. 

Aww, Happy Camper, thank you for the warning.  My sweet girl is doing really well and is still running and chasing the other dogs.  The seizures happen so seldom now that I sometimes forget that she suffered from them so often and so severely.  

• Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:56 AM, film noire said:

I don't know you, RHZ, but I'm pretty sure I can bet the farm that -- after running to your mom for comfort -- you didn't ask her to stand by while you taped the seizure and uploaded it to social media. 

Publicly displaying an animal companion in that state shows a complete lack of respect for the animal, imo, and I can't imagine doing that to any animal that has been in my life.  They give everything they are to us, and deserve better than that.

I just faced this yesterday. Our 16 1/2 year old Maltese has been sick the past few days,he stopped eating and drank only small amounts and could barely move. My husband is out of town and even though I did call him, I did not video George in distress so that he could witness it. He had been to the vet just the day before and they thought dental issues were the cause but after they got his blood work back, it was far worse than any of us suspected. He has Acute Renal/Kidney Failure and there was nothing we could do to save him. Our vet called me and I had to make THAT decision and take George back to the vet 1 last time. He went peacefully while my heart shattered. I then had to drive myself home and then call my husband to tell him, call our son to tell him, call our DIL to tell her and then tell/explain it to my grand daughter when she got to my house an hour later. I keep it together until I have a private moment and then I call a close friend and they allow me the security I need to lose it talking to them. My heart hurts. 

• Love 16
7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

My heart hurts. 

{{{Wirewrap}}} That's such a hard way to have to let an animal companion go - so much to take in, and so much to let go of,  in no time at all - I'm so sorry you & George had to go through that.  (And telling your granddaughter must've been the icing on the shit cake  -  glad you had the ear of a dear friend after all that.)

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, film noire said:

{{{Wirewrap}}} That's such a hard way to have to let an animal companion go - so much to take in, and so much to let go of,  in no time at all - I'm so sorry you & George had to go through that.  (And telling your granddaughter must've been the icing on the shit cake  -  glad you had the ear of a dear friend after all that.)

Thank You

6 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

So sorry for your loss.

Thank You

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

@wirewrap  Heart felt shoulder pats sent your way. I hope time will help with the shattered feeling. Having had to make that decision two times, alone, like you to spare others more unbearable pain, I assure you, it does get better, when you are ready for it. 

Thank You

• Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:41 AM, WireWrap said:

I just faced this yesterday. Our 16 1/2 year old Maltese has been sick the past few days,he stopped eating and drank only small amounts and could barely move. My husband is out of town and even though I did call him, I did not video George in distress so that he could witness it. He had been to the vet just the day before and they thought dental issues were the cause but after they got his blood work back, it was far worse than any of us suspected. He has Acute Renal/Kidney Failure and there was nothing we could do to save him. Our vet called me and I had to make THAT decision and take George back to the vet 1 last time. He went peacefully while my heart shattered. I then had to drive myself home and then call my husband to tell him, call our son to tell him, call our DIL to tell her and then tell/explain it to my grand daughter when she got to my house an hour later. I keep it together until I have a private moment and then I call a close friend and they allow me the security I need to lose it talking to them. My heart hurts. 

Adding my prayers and sympathy for the loss of your pet.

Edited by Mrs peel
And and any are not the same word
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Odd. I've used Uber numerous times and never once have they pulled into my driveway so I wouldn't be expecting that service. A taxi or car service...used both and expected and received that service. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Odd. I've used Uber numerous times and never once have they pulled into my driveway so I wouldn't be expecting that service. A taxi or car service...used both and expected and received that service. 

She is just insanely entitled at this point:

539DA6E0-4428-47F6-9526-BBA82A8D5561.jpeg

• Love 6
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

She is just insanely entitled at this point:

539DA6E0-4428-47F6-9526-BBA82A8D5561.jpeg

Am I missing something? I've never had a problem with Uber. Objectively looking at what Miss Frankel has to say, it is just her opinion and I am open that her experience was different than mine. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, LIMOM said:

I can’t figure out what she is referring to with NYC incidents????

in anycase, if she wants white gloves service, she needs to pony up for a car service. Uber is not it.

She's an idiot. Is she saying that because we recently had a deadly, violent incident here that the Uber guy has to help her with her bags or lose his job?

• Love 5

She's an idiot. Is she saying that because we recently had a deadly, violent incident here that the Uber guy has to help her with her bags or lose his job?

Or the fact that the latest terrorist was a Uber driver in NYC.  Or the current rise in road rage incidents with Uber drivers.  Or the two reported rapes.  Really hard to tell why she’s saying it. But it was said before the news release that 57 million Uber clients had their data hacked.  So we do know that’s not why she’s saying it.  But really don’t all the people that you pay money to yell at you?  

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Or the fact that the latest terrorist was a Uber driver in NYC.  Or the current rise in road rage incidents with Uber drivers.  Or the two reported rapes.  Really hard to tell why she’s saying it. But it was said before the news release that 57 million Uber clients had their data hacked.  So we do know that’s not why she’s saying it.  But really don’t all the people that you pay money to yell at you?  

Maybe he yelled at Bethenny because she was yelling at him first. After all, she is not some shrinking violet who whispers her requests in a timid voice. LOL

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

I think I will go email TJMaxx and ask them to never ever ever ever have B as a spokesperson. And I think I will then ask HomeGoods  to have Dorinda be their spokesperson. It would be all kinds of funny to me if Dorinda got a gig. B wants TJMaxx something awful.

Edited 22 minutes ago by stewedsquash.

Ooh. I'd like to see Dorinda get that gig too because we all know that she likes to make it nice. 

• Love 6

Yup.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Maybe he yelled at Bethenny because she was yelling at him first. 

"You're not a DRIVER'S DRIVER!! You drive EVERYBODY!  You think I wanna drive just like YOU?  IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK, YOU UBER SLUT? THINK AGAIN, YOU CAR WHORE!"

• Love 7
22 hours ago, VioletMarx said:

She's lost her shit.  We all knew it (well, many of us knew it), but posting a video of her dying dog on social media and now this can't be twisted in any other direction.   

Betheny is so good at PR, because, IMO, public adoration is where she finds fulfillment in life.  It feeds her.  She's smart and she's mastered it, because for her, it is a survival skill.

It honestly scares me that many have bought into it.   Armchair psychologist here, but man.  All I see is 5 (maybe more) of the 10 personality disorders outlined in the following article:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/hide-and-seek/201205/the-10-personality-disorders

1. Paranoid personality disorder
5. Borderline personality disorder
6. Histrionic personality disorder
7. Narcissistic personality disorder
10. Anankastic (obsessive-compulsive) personality disorder

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 5

Well, if Beth was so concerned about recent events concerning Uber drivers, then why use the service?

If she wanted the services automatically provided by a private car service, then call a car service.  That's why Uber, in the vast majority of instances, is cheaper than a private car service. 

Sorry Beth that your life is sooo tough that you had to walk and carry your luggage up your driveway.  Note:  Uber doesn't drive up my driveway.  The private car service does.  It also carries the luggage to the door.  You get what you pay for. 

• Love 16
On 11/22/2017 at 6:24 AM, LIMOM said:

I can’t figure out what she is referring to with NYC incidents????

in anycase, if she wants white gloves service, she needs to pony up for a car service. Uber is not it.

I went to Applebees once and the server didn't even pull my chair out for me. I did complain loudly when he refused to do this, but then he was very rude and demanded that I pull out my own chair.

They didn't clear my dishes as soon as I was finished eating.

They didn't refill my water often enough.

Just remembering the entire horrible experience makes me want to lose my shit.

I'll never go back.

And another time, I went to a lovely buffet, but they actually expected me to get up and fill my own plate! Can you believe it? When I complained that I had to get up and get my own food, the employee raised her voice and was very rude to me. I can't believe that that she wasn't fired.

I'll never go back.

I can't believe the total lack of good service these days.  Hmmmff.

Edited by Happy Camper
Spelling error due to trauma from the experience
  • Love 19
20 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I went to Applebees once and the server didn't even pull my chair out for me. I did complain loudly when he refused to do this, but then he was very rude and demanded that I pull out my own chair.

They didn't clear my dishes as soon as I was finished eating.

They didn't refill my water often enough.

Just remembering the entire horrible experience makes me want to lose my shit.

I'll never go back.

And another time, I went to a lovely buffet, but they actually expected me to get up and fill my own plate! Can you believe it? When I complained that I had to get up and get my own food, the employee raised her voice and was very rude to me. I can't believe that that she wasn't fired.

I'll never go back.

I can't believe the total lack of good service these days.  Hmmmff.

Perfect analogy. I'm usually die hard defending Frankie, but damn,  her entitled butt makes it impossible this time.  

• Love 7

We've been going back and forth about the posting of everything with Cookie with Brynn there.  

This just dawned on me:  For the last 3-4 years Bethenny has been in very hard situations- getting divorced and the apartment mess, getting then losing the talk show, rocky love life and then the stalking/harassment case against Jason.  She's been consistently under high stress and just lost it and did the thing that she knew to do.  Maybe it wasn't the next best thing though.

I now work as an RN at an acute care psychiatric hospital and see many patients under high stress for long periods of time who react in many detrimental ways.  Even in our own lives we can all point to a time that stress got the best of us.  

Disclaimer:

I am not diagnosing her with anything or at all suggesting that she has a mental illness or needs inpatient psychiatric care.       

• Love 3

She threw water on strangers at a concert to shut them up, she slapped a gag order on a towboat captain to shut him up, she sent a lawyer's letter to her former assistant (Marilyn) to shut her up, she tried to sic the law on her ex to shut him up,  she gave a nasty interview about her female black critics ("Why doesn't that woman go do some work and succeed and stop making up stories about other people?") to shut them up -- and now she's threatening to get an Uber guy fired to shut him up. She gives zero fucks,  until somebody refuses to bend to her immediate will, and then she moves heaven and earth to harm them - what an asshole. #Bwrong

Edited by film noire
  • Love 19
9 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

We've been going back and forth about the posting of everything with Cookie with Brynn there.  

This just dawned on me:  For the last 3-4 years Bethenny has been in very hard situations- getting divorced and the apartment mess, getting then losing the talk show, rocky love life and then the stalking/harassment case against Jason.  She's been consistently under high stress and just lost it and did the thing that she knew to do.  Maybe it wasn't the next best thing though.

I now work as an RN at an acute care psychiatric hospital and see many patients under high stress for long periods of time who react in many detrimental ways.  Even in our own lives we can all point to a time that stress got the best of us.  

Disclaimer:

I am not diagnosing her with anything or at all suggesting that she has a mental illness or needs inpatient psychiatric care.       

Nahhh......Bethenny reacts this way to most things, big or small. It always has to be about her, only her opinion/feelings/likes/dislikes matter and she is always the victim. LOL

• Love 7