Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

talula, many thanks for your across-the-board TVGIFs.

The jokes just write themselves!

They all have a sense of humor...though the arguments between them makes more of an impression and gives us so many talking points. It's is great when they give us something to laugh about!

Love this reaction when Carole told Kristen that Bethenny called her "dumb." Kristen confronted Beth and her reaction was:

tumblr_npury23eny1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

• Love 1

I wonder if it's just that her bulimia isn't as bad as it used to be. She may have had swollen glands/ jaw muscles from that, which may have subsided if she's throwing up less.

But if it was related to bulimia, wouldn't we have noticed the same change during her pregnancy?

B's jaw was yooge (tm Donald Trump) when she was pregnant with Bryn. I do wonder if that pic above with Beth in the white ruffled top was taken when she was pregnant or post partum.

• Love 2

But if it was related to bulimia, wouldn't we have noticed the same change during her pregnancy?

You know you're absolutely right.  Unless she was still vomiting then, which is REALLY hard to imagine, would be so troubling and I have a hard time imagining Bethenny's that ill with the eating disorder.  

• Love 1

B's jaw was yooge (tm Donald Trump) when she was pregnant with Bryn. I do wonder if that pic above with Beth in the white ruffled top was taken when she was pregnant or post partum.

OMG yes it was:  

http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2010/04/Bethenny-Frankel-.jpg

http://www.bravotv.com/bethenny-getting-married/photos/episode-5-so-hoppy-together/item/9472821

http://www.bravotv.com/bethenny-getting-married/photos/episode-4-let-me-eat-cake/item/9471276

http://www.bravotv.com/bethenny-getting-married/photos/episode-5-so-hoppy-together/item/9472806

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 1

I googled pics of B when she was younger and this does seem to be something that changes for her at different times. So maybe it's linked to weight and /or other issues? I guess if it becomes prominent again we will know.

• Love 1

I'm no expert but when looking at shots of Beth head on, it does look like the jaw got smaller - I see it when you look at the alignment with her ears.  The back of the jaw doesn't stick out as much.  Or, it could be that she got fillers lower down below her cheeks which would less emphasize the jaw.  In any case, she definitely had something done and she looks better.

• Love 2

Problem with this season of RHONY is that ironically, adding Bethenny is making it less real.  We all know that all the housewives are scared to be on Bethenny's bad side, because she is the super-favored child of Andy and the great hope for saving the show.  So every single housewife has to kiss Bethenny's ass-- and each wife also knows that their hopes for remaining on the show rest heavily on their ability to make friends with Bethenny.  Which is part of the reason Kristen and Heather freaked out so much about not clicking with her, or not being accepted by her.

It gives Bethenny this huge amount of un-"real" power, since she's never going to be taken down, so to speak, not really.  I feel that manipulation this season, and it's totally turned me off.  I can't get invested when I know how much I'm being manipulated-- here, I'm being manipulated to accept Bethenny as the awesome, cool, A number one girl.  I used to like her, naturally, during early RHONY seasons, although she turned me off with her dysfunctional relationship behavior and her related drive to be famous, famous, famous and put everything on TV.   NOW, it's like I'm being force-fed Bethenny, and it makes me not like her.  It keeps me from being interested in the ladies' dynamics, cause I know they're all secretly clamoring for her attention.  

Can I just say "amen" to this entire post?  I was excited for Bethenny to come back, because I did like her in her first seasons on RHONY (though not on her spinoff and never watched her talk show), but it really has wrecked the show.  The whole dynamic is about who does Bethenny engage with, who will she film with, whose events will she show up to, etc.  

And Bethenny is making those decisions based ENTIRELY on her own interests - which is fair enough, I guess, but it makes for a rotten viewing experience.  She won't engage with Heather because she doesn't want the competition and Heather is too aggressive/hard to control.  Kristen is beneath her (and there might be something with Josh).  She WILL engage with Carole because Carole is Andy's friend; she will engage with Ramona because Ramona always makes Bethenny look good and Bethenny will ALWAYS be the fan favorite if Ramona is the alternative; Sonja is an opportunity to showcase Bethenny's own business superiority; etc.  

Then Bethenny shrieks about everyone needing to be honest on camera, while she claims to be single, even though she has a serious off camera boyfriend all season.

Then she says that the reason she shut out most of the cast members for the first half of the season was because she needed the relationships to be authentic.  Which is SUCH A LOAD OF BULL.  She took a job to interact with these women.  So - interact with them.  This is what happens when you take a job that involves meeting new people, whether it's being filmed or not.  You get to know people.  You invite them to dinner.  You meet their families.  You don't stand off by yourself and announce "I don't know you, it's not authentic to interact with you."  Bethenny's attempt to spin her rudeness as authenticity is - well, it's very smart, in that it's working.  But it's also working because no one can challenge her on it, because of Andy Cohen and the dynamic OhGromit mentioned above.  

Then Bethenny and Andy claim the ratings are up WHEN THEY'RE NOT.  Like they think we can't do the simple math of looking at two numbers and seeing if one is higher than the other?

Bethenny's brand identity is "keeping it real" but no one can keep it real with her, because she's being protected.  It's maddening.  And usually I get so into reunion shows, but this time, it's so artificial, and so manipulated, I just can't.  It's like watching a WWE wrestling match, the whole thing is rigged from the start.

P.S.  I also want to say that I think there is a whole Dorinda/Bethenny dynamic that has been buried.  In addition to being good friends with Ramona, Dorinda is ALSO close with Jill Zarin.  I think Bethenny avoided Dorinda at the beginning of the season, thinking Dorinda might be a Trojan horse.  Once she realized that in fact Dorinda was a sycophant, then she was willing to connect with Dorinda - and started giving interviews saying that Dorinda was different than she had expected her to be; and Dorinda, who was friends with Heather all season, now can't stop smacking Heather around and sucking up so hard to Bethenny that it's uncomfortable to watch.  (For instance, saying at the reunion that she would never expect to be invited to Bethenny's birthday party, when she had said during the season that she WAS upset not to be invited.) At some point, Dorinda got clued in that her own tenure on the show would be based on Bethenny's response to her, and she became All About Bethenny.  It's gross to watch.  I know Andy loves Dorinda and she'll be back.  I probably won't.  I'm down to just RHOBH, and I admit, firing Brandi and Kim is all that kept me in the fold on that one!

• Love 17

I read more than post here. But I was wondering if anyone has ever called Bethenny out on Twitter for her b/s of being authentic etc and even mentioned the fact her relationship was kept off the show?

• Love 1

I read more than post here. But I was wondering if anyone has ever called Bethenny out on Twitter for her b/s of being authentic etc and even mentioned the fact her relationship was kept off the show?

Not that I have seen/read. I admit, I do not read her twitter, or any of them everyday, but she seems to only have positive tweets to her most of the time. I think she may do a lot of blocking with anyone who really calls her out.

• Love 1

Interesting how Bethy comes off as relatively clever in her THs and exposes her shrew-side while filming.

Wish there were time and date stamps on the THs.

I guess it's all part of her attempts at a "redemption" arc? Ain't happenin' for me. And the main reason I opted back in to this franchise was Bethenny. Wrong again.

Again, talula, Well done! All around. Thanks. Very fun.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 4

Bethenny's brand identity is "keeping it real" but no one can keep it real with her, because she's being protected.  It's maddening.  And usually I get so into reunion shows, but this time, it's so artificial, and so manipulated, I just can't.  It's like watching a WWE wrestling match, the whole thing is rigged from the start.

So true!  I normally get into the reunion shows-- and I've noticed I'm very "meh" on RHONY's reunion this season.  And that's why-- it's so obviously rigged.  Bethenny will get (is getting) the kid glove treatment, and she gets to arbitrate others' fights as she chooses.  No one will be taking her on, or taking her down.

• Love 10

So true!  I normally get into the reunion shows-- and I've noticed I'm very "meh" on RHONY's reunion this season.  And that's why-- it's so obviously rigged.  Bethenny will get (is getting) the kid glove treatment, and she gets to arbitrate others' fights as she chooses.  No one will be taking her on, or taking her down.

I really like Bethenny, but her close buddy relationship with Andy...ruins It for me also. She has Andy's ear so I tend to think her influence for and against her cast mates can easily turn into manipulation. Especially if Andy wants her to stick around for another year...she just has too much juice on the show. Will Andy or anyone else ask her the hard questions...we have yet to see. I believe Heather started during the finale show by saying Beth can choose not to be a bitch.

• Love 6

The dinner with the "eat a meatball" conflicts and subsequent meltdowns was really about Bethenny's eating disorders. She didn't want to eat, and she didn't want the HWs noticing or commenting. That's my opinion.

B, in my opinion, is a woman perpetually on the edge. She needs constant attention, admiration and approbation. I have no doubt that she's highly sexualized, probably with a bj prowess that reels in the guys, makes them mesmerized and hypnotized until the Bethenny-manic takes over and ruins everything.

B is attractive, with a bangin bod that doesn't quit. She's been getting help lately with plastic surgery, but the body's muscle definition and tone, and beautifully-defined quadriceps, for example, speak to yoga, Pilates and discipline. Her fashion sense is gorgeous and on point. Robert Verdi was her stylist at one point, but fact is B is confident in her own taste and it shows.

B drives me crazy because while she proclaims her authenticity, she is not authentic at all. She plays a part, acts for the camera (especially while pretending she doesn't know there's a camera about) and uses and discards people. There's an underlying cruelty there, a dearth of character. She is damaged, and it shows.

BUT... I have noticed a gentleness in B when she's with Bryn. Bryn seems comfy with mom, and B seems comfy with Bryn. I feel reassured by that. My most fervent wish for Bethenny is that she not repeat the sins and foibles of her parentals and NOT demand a perfection or lockstep from Bryn. I hope Bethenny can learn to relax, love, and accept Bryn no matter what, and enjoy a genuineness of life for real. The test will be Bryn's adolescence and teen years. B can repeat her own mother's mistakes, or she can love, honor and respect Bryn unconditionally.

• Love 14
B can repeat her own mother's mistakes, or she can love, honor and respect Bryn unconditionally.

She needs to start by telling her dancing monkey, Carole, to leave Bryn's father's name out of her mouth.  Especially on national TV.

I don't know what's going on with the divorce but she and Jason also need to find a way to end it once and for all

They need to love, honor and respect Bryn more than they hate each other.

• Love 17

The dinner with the "eat a meatball" conflicts and subsequent meltdowns was really about Bethenny's eating disorders. She didn't want to eat, and she didn't want the HWs noticing or commenting. That's my opinion.

B, in my opinion, is a woman perpetually on the edge. She needs constant attention, admiration and approbation. I have no doubt that she's highly sexualized, probably with a bj prowess that reels in the guys, makes them mesmerized and hypnotized until the Bethenny-manic takes over and ruins everything.

B is attractive, with a bangin bod that doesn't quit. She's been getting help lately with plastic surgery, but the body's muscle definition and tone, and beautifully-defined quadriceps, for example, speak to yoga, Pilates and discipline. Her fashion sense is gorgeous and on point. Robert Verdi was her stylist at one point, but fact is B is confident in her own taste and it shows.

B drives me crazy because while she proclaims her authenticity, she is not authentic at all. She plays a part, acts for the camera (especially while pretending she doesn't know there's a camera about) and uses and discards people. There's an underlying cruelty there, a dearth of character. She is damaged, and it shows.

BUT... I have noticed a gentleness in B when she's with Bryn. Bryn seems comfy with mom, and B seems comfy with Bryn. I feel reassured by that. My most fervent wish for Bethenny is that she not repeat the sins and foibles of her parentals and NOT demand a perfection or lockstep from Bryn. I hope Bethenny can learn to relax, love, and accept Bryn no matter what, and enjoy a genuineness of life for real. The test will be Bryn's adolescence and teen years. B can repeat her own mother's mistakes, or she can love, honor and respect Bryn unconditionally.

Standing ovation for this post!  

• Love 3

I'm pretty sure I heard Beth say she doesn't like and doesn't give bj's, lol. 

Thanks, OhGromit! <3

I'm pretty sure I heard Beth say she doesn't like and doesn't give bj's, lol.

Well, I did say, "probably." :)

However, she is on record in her latest self-help book as recommending bjs:

"If it's your partner you're trying to make over, don't criticize. That just makes you look like a bitch. Instead, try positive reinforcement....Reward any efforts with lots of attention and/or a blow job, which is a highly effective positive reinforcement tool." From I suck at relationships....; p. 270.

There are other passages in her book where she mentions using blow jobs as rewards or incentives, too. Of course, the entire book is a huge exercise in "do as I say, not as I do" so who really knows, right? For me, I feel pretty comfortable in concluding that B is fluid and probably often willing to do whatever it takes to seal a deal. :) Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 5

So disappointing Bethenny telling people to get off Ramona's jock over the dress debacle (Bethenny created) and then is selling T-shirts and tanks with the slogan "get off my jock". a phrase created and not even applied correctly on the show.. Anybody have a mother, sister, friend, enemy who would ever wear such a stupid sentiment. 

• Love 5

Oh wow, I just googled "shave jaw surgery." You can actually shave your jaw down and it's considered "facial feminization." Ther are hoarded of images in google image. Interesting! I kind of think Bethenny actually had this surgery now. Had no clue you can even do that!

• Love 3

Now that's an 'odd' couple judging from watching 'The Profit'.

Thanks for the link...it mentioned Bethenny and Marcus attended the Hamptons Night at the Apollo event given by Ron Perelman. I looked up the event and found a photo entitled, "Bethenny Frankel chatted with Ms. Aguilera." Jimmy Fallon, Smokey Robinson, Jamie Foxx and Christine Aguilera were a few who performed. Many, many famous names attended. The event raised $4 million dollars for the Apollo theatre.

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2015/08/17/fashion/hamptons-night-at-the-apollo/s/17SCENE-APOLLO-HAMPTONS-slide-5TOO.html

Now that's an 'odd' couple judging from watching 'The Profit'.

It is indeed.  But the more I thought about it, the more I actually like this pairing.  I like him on The Profit.  He comes across as smart and reasonable.  I think he might keep her in check (to some degree).  And they are a much more "equal" pairing in terms of wealth* and "fame."

I was surprised to read that he is younger than her!  I always thought he was mid to late 40s for some reason.

*I actually have no clue how much either of them are "worth" but I am just assuming they are both rich!

• Love 1

Oh wow, I just googled "shave jaw surgery." You can actually shave your jaw down and it's considered "facial feminization." Ther are hoarded of images in google image. Interesting! I kind of think Bethenny actually had this surgery now. Had no clue you can even do that!

The first time I heard about jaw shaving and plastic surgery that basically damn near changed your whole facial bone structure was in some post on another board about Korean pop stars/Korean culture and plastic surgery. I swear some of the before and after photos you would think there was witch craft or shape-shifting involved. Just mind boggling. It made me think that if ever I needed any work that extensive that my ass would be booking a flight on Korean Air posthaste. I mean, it appears that they can even change the shape of your forehead over there. 

This buzzfeed article has the most amazing before after pics EVER:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kierawrr/31-crazy-before-and-after-photos-of-korean-plastic-4gx1

I hope this isn't as widespread as it makes it sound because that country will be left with a whole bunch of people with no facial character and all look alike and kids who look nothing like their parents, so off they go the doctor's office too.

• Love 2

I've heard jaw and chin surgery involves some of the most painful recovery of any surgery. Was there enough time for Beth to have had that done? The results in that link are insane!

Bethenny no way had the haw shaving surgery because there's no way she could keep out of the public long enough for recovery time. Attention and fans are her oxygen.

Someone, Sorry, I forgot who it was, mentioned that maybe Bethenny got Botox injections in her jaw muscles to reshape her face and IMO, that is probably what she did. Here is an example of how it works.    

• Love 2

Was the 3 Part Reunion Bethenny's audition tape for host of Celebrity Apprentice? I believe she'd be perfect for this type of reality show and she certainly has the balls to tell someone they're fired, lol!

The Celebrity Apprentice’ News 2015: Bethenny Frankel Is Begging Producers To Make Her Host Of The Show

By Joanna Mazewski on Sep 01, 2015 02:25 PM EDT

Does Bethenny Frankel want to be the new Donald Trump? That's what a new report says as rumors as swirling that the Real Housewives of New York star is begging producers to make her the new host of NBC's hot show, The Celebrity Apprentice.

According to Naughty Gossip on Tuesday, Frankel supposedly thinks she's the right person for the job, even though producers have been eyeing George Clooney's wife, Amal, for the role instead.

A source told the site, "Bethenny did Martha Stewarts version of the show and thinks she would be the best person to replace Trump. She knows reality TV and runs her own business. Plus, she's a women, which is something the producers are looking for."

NBC Entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt said, "We're obviously looking for a host of that show that will make noise and will be a big personality. There are a few people out there that fit that bill."

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/105741/20150901/celebrity-apprentice-news-2015-bethenny-frankel-begging-producers-make-host.htm

7f651949-22cd-446a-a804-f49c11d6d268_zps

Edited by talula

Bethenny never lets anyone else talk.  She'd be a terrible host of anything.

As for Celebrity Apprentice, wouldn't they want someone who is more of a celebrity?  I mean, unless you watch Bravo, you'd have no idea who she is.  I even watch Bravo and I had no idea who NeNe is, for example, because I don't watch Atlanta. 

And is Apprentice even still on?  I thought after Trump's asshole comments about Mexicans and everyone else who isn't Donald, that the network canned his shows? 

• Love 6

Oh no. Just no.

And a Forbes cover.

My head. Oh.

The Forbes cover is from around May 2011.

Bethenny never lets anyone else talk. She'd be a terrible host of anything.

As for Celebrity Apprentice, wouldn't they want someone who is more of a celebrity? I mean, unless you watch Bravo, you'd have no idea who she is. I even watch Bravo and I had no idea who NeNe is, for example, because I don't watch Atlanta.

And is Apprentice even still on? I thought after Trump's asshole comments about Mexicans and everyone else who isn't Donald, that the network canned his shows?

I don't watch it, but maybe she'd quit RHONY and that would be fine with me. Trump was a big blunderbuss just like Bethenny. They could give her a try and fire her if they don't like her?

Here's a quote from the article:

So far, it doesn't look like the show is coming back on the air anytime soon, though. Trump was fired after controversial remarks he made about immigrants and Mexican-Americans earlier this summer.

Edited by talula
  • Love 8

Bethenny never lets anyone else talk.  She'd be a terrible host of anything.

As for Celebrity Apprentice, wouldn't they want someone who is more of a celebrity?  I mean, unless you watch Bravo, you'd have no idea who she is.  I even watch Bravo and I had no idea who NeNe is, for example, because I don't watch Atlanta. 

And is Apprentice even still on?  I thought after Trump's asshole comments about Mexicans and everyone else who isn't Donald, that the network canned his shows? 

I don't think Trump can legally do a TV show on any network/cable channel now that he is running for President.

• Love 3

NBC announced they dumped Trump but kept Celebrity Apprentice.  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/13/nbc-officially-fires-trump-from-celebrity-apprentice/

I think that Piers Morgan would probably be in the running. Or even Geraldo or a Giuliana Rancic's husband.

Amal Clooney is someone just making stuff up.

No more Bethenny-her talk show flopped .  She is just the wrong person with her get off my jock nonsense. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 7

Oh no. Just no.

And a Forbes cover.

My head. Oh.

-----------------------------------------------

*You and me both, NewDigs.

*Why Forbes, whhhyyy...
*Deep breaths, deep breaths.

And, Do NOT give Celebrity Apprentice to her. Can you imagine the ego. The mania. Andy!

-----------------------------------------------

NBC announced they dumped Trump but kept Celebrity Apprentice. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/13/nbc-officially-fires-trump-from-celebrity-apprentice/

I think that Piers Morgan would probably be in the running. Or even Geraldo or a Giuliana Rancic's husband.

Amal Clooney is someone just making stuff up.

No more Bethenny-her talk show flopped . She is just the wrong person with her get off my jock nonsense.

--------------------------------------------

*Thanks for giving me precious hope, zoeysmom!

------------------------------------------------ Edited by Lisin