Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

Just imagine: Out of sheer curiosity Bethenny Frankel searches google's gossip about her, ends up on this forum, and reads through all this. What would you tell her?

This is what I would say-  Beauti-med in Pit Meadows. That is what you need. That’s where I got my botox injections in Pit Meadows. I don't mean to be rude- but they're better than the people you're going to on a weekly basis.

To get real therapy so that she can be the best mom to Bryn as possible because she will pass on garbage her mother gave to her even if it is unintentional.

• Love 6

My non-catholic son is a godfather for a catholic kid. His wife (a non practicing catholic) is the kid's godmom.I didn't click on the link but I wonder if it's old info. Reason #867 that I'm no longer a catholic! Reason #868: that a baby can't have 2 god dads or 2 godmoms.jeeschh

• Love 1

I'd tell Bethenny to look into EMDR therapy with the best NYC has to offer. Then after a year of it, under the guidance of a therapist, get into therapy ... Alongside her mother. Then do it with Jason also. This will be the best thing for her daughter that she can do. Better than hawking imported blenders and repackaged stevia.

• Love 4

Yest. 6:06 pm

I keep reading Jason's mother notarized the trust document without being able to do so. Why do two posters keep saying this, Is that a NY state law or general law

I believe the issue was a) His mom is a notary in PA not NY and B)she may have notarized the documents without the people she was witnessing present. That he was using his mom as his notary was more of an ethical issue.(I wouldn't do it for big things, use a parent as a notary, but that's just me)

• Love 2

Can everyone please take a breath, remember this is supposed to be fun, and remember you're literally never ever going to change anyone's mind on the internet and stop picking each other apart please!? Thank you.

• Love 2

Bethenny is smart, she knows what worked for her last time she was on the show and is running with the same "I am a victim but I will overcome" storyline except she has added in single mom and going through a divorce. IMO, there has been zero growth in her and she is never going to be happy or satisfied with anything or anyone (exception of Bryn for now).

I have always been a Bethanny fan. She's got a personality that you either love or hate. For me, her draw is her quick wit and humour. Listening to her reminds me of my family, talking 300 miles an hour, sending zingers, and laughing. She does tear up too much, but she always did. Whatever she discusses (if she enters the discussion rather than sleep during it, heh) she does so with her entire being. She was never marriage material, but I am glad she gave it a go, and had her daughter. She will be a good mom because she's spent enough money on therapy to recognize bad mom traits.

• Love 2

To get real therapy so that she can be the best mom to Bryn as possible because she will pass on garbage her mother gave to her even if it is unintentional.

This is what I would tell her too. I personally loathe therapy but recognise that it's beneficial for many people and one should at least try it. You know, with a therapist that doesn't allow filming. Doesn't she only see him for the show? I'm sure I've read that somewhere - probably here.

Even all around good mothers who love their kids very much can transfer their issues to their kids. Kids aren't stupid and Bryn won't be little forever, she'll soon pick up on Bethenny's neuroses - if she isn't starting to already.

• Love 4

I agree that was a shitty little article with no real substance. I'm sure Jason takes Bryn to school during his week with Bryn. And I hope it's true about the birthday party.....I despise over the top children's parties.

• Love 12

From the article:

Okay, I gotta defend Beth here even though I'm not her fan. The kid is five years old! What are people expecting? Fireworks? A stripper popping out of the cake?

Maybe an open bar ... goody bags stuffed with ipods and tins of caviar, a pinata that poured out jewelry and gift cards when busted instead of candy.  Sheesh.  I am gonna guess most people here would have found the kid's party just fine, but leave it to some crackpot to criticize what was probably a perfectly decent party for being mediocre just because the parent is wealthy.  The same person probably would have criticized Bethenny for showing off if she had thrown a Taylor Armstrong-scale kiddie party.  You can't win with some people. 

IMO there is nothing wrong at all with throwing your kid a simple, small scale party even when you have big bucks.  God forbid a kid actually learn a sense of scale and restraint.  They might grow up to be, you know ... humble or something {{shudder}}.

• Love 11

I agree that was a shitty little article with no real substance. I'm sure Jason takes Bryn to school during his week with Bryn. And I hope it's true about the birthday party.....I despise over the top children's parties.

Me too. 

• Love 6

IMO there is nothing wrong at all with throwing your kid a simple, small scale party even when you have big bucks.  God forbid a kid actually learn a sense of scale and restraint.  They might grow up to be, you know ... humble or something {{shudder}}.

Plus, and I admit this is a personal tick of mine, I hate the whole over the top birthday party  nonsense across the board.

• Love 9

After a conversation on the Heather thread regarding her "nurturing", I replied about Bethenny and was curious about your comments. She's a wreck on the show, upset that everyone knows her business but comes back anyway and is not portrayed as a very sympathetic character. Do you think this a comfort zone for her where she thought she would feel safe?

(edited)

After a conversation on the Heather thread regarding her "nurturing", I replied about Bethenny and was curious about your comments. She's a wreck on the show, upset that everyone knows her business but comes back anyway and is not portrayed as a very sympathetic character. Do you think this a comfort zone for her where she thought she would feel safe?

Not sympathetic ... yet. I think the brittle hyper stuff is part of the intended editing curve -- a canny arc, moving from  "She's crazy and unlikeable!" to "She's making me crack up a bit more, each week"  to "Bethenny IS back, after all."  She has to be presented as an underdog for anyone to ultimately enjoy her "journey" through the season, imo.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 1

Not sympathetic ... yet. I think the brittle hyper stuff is part of the intended editing curve -- a canny arc, moving from "She's crazy and unlikeable!" to "She's making me crack up a bit more, each week" to "Bethenny IS back, after all." She has to be presented as an underdog for anyone to ultimately enjoy her "journey" through the season, imo.

Interesting, a journey to her own show, then. I think I'm more empathetic than sympathetic. I still wonder if she came back because this felt like a safe, familiar place to her where she could be in control and that backfired.

• Love 3

I think she was promised a lot of latitude regarding filming and gets frustrated when her cast mates don't let her do as she pleases.

So you think it's totally about control? Her own, not controlling her castmates, right? But how could anyone in charge make promises like that to her and follow through? That would be the epitome of naivete for Bethenny to believe that.

I don't know for sure, but when I saw how she blew off Kristine that came to mind. That, the way she doesn't seem to want to make friends with the new cast mates, and her tendency to skip/be early/be late for filming certain events. I also think that Beth realizes she's be break out star of the series and thinks of it as "her" show.

Perhaps you're right. I'm sticking with she thought it would be a safe place where she could be in control, but isn't. Course I have the right to change my mind after every episode.

• Love 7

OMG! What is up with Bethenny's face? Is it because she is sooooooooooo thin or is she getting too much Botox around her nose/mouth? That line right under her nose is scary, it's like she is sneering!  JMO

Possibly the extremely low body fat percentage?  Her face is very drawn.  The shorter hair looks great though.

• Love 5

I'm totally onboard motorcitymom's theory that Bethenny came back with a very clear agenda - 1) to rehab her image and tell her story her way (post-Jason, divorce and custody drama, failed talk show), and 2) for prominent Skinnygirl product placement. In that respect, it's working - the show is doing everything that she wanted it to. I don't think she thought about it being a safe place per se, but maybe subconsciously she thought she could do the job in her sleep, she's a veteran, it'll be a piece of cake....and now lo and behold, it's not exactly turning out that way.

• Love 8
(edited)

I hope don't get in trouble for saying this but based on what I've heard on the show...I wonder if Bethany's mom is bipolar and sometimes she comes across as manic depressive herself.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 3

Oh, I agree that fame is one of the most important things in Bethenny's life. Like all of the Housewives on these shows, she's an attention seeker. This I don't understand since I'd wager that almost all of us here have no desire whatsoever for our 15 minutes of fame.

I have wondered if Bethenny is aware of her fragility and this is her redemption. At least in her eyes, you know? That viewers would feel sorry for her and she would gain back some of the fans she lost with the whole divorce drama. I think Bethenny's initial popularity and how many sided with her during the Jill shit went to her head and she assumed that her behaviour this season would have the same effect. I think Bethenny is calculated enough to think this but at the same time, I don't think that doesn't mean she isn't as brittle and prickly as she appears to be. Plus, she isn't all that great an actress!

Of course, this is all supposition since I don't know her but my bet for her coming back is redemption which, of course, she's never going to admit. Personally I think she's done her time on reality telly and should have stayed off it totally, including if Bravo had given her her own show. For Bryn's sake as she's not always going to be five years old and her parents divorce/custody battle has already been played out in the public eye enough. I do wonder what Bryn will grow up to say about *her* parents/childhood.

PS, I'm glad you replied, even if I don't always agree with you, I really enjoy reading your posts! :)

If Bethenny's summit team finds her reality TV appearance do nothing to enhance her brand, sales are flat or down, Bethenny will have to reweigh her priorities.   Is she returning to reality TV to launch new products and increase sales or is she returning because of her lust for the limelight?

No matter what endeavor Bethenny enters into she will always do well with pre-sales.  I don't believe her books are on NYTimes Best Sellers list because she is a great read.  Bethenny has guaranteed pre-sales and they are enough to give her a boost and land her on the lesser list of "Relationships".  Good for her.  Con Agra is big and will garner significant shelf space for her new salad dressing because  Lord knows the world needs another low fat salad dressing.  I find Bethenny confusing - on one hand she is fighting tooth and nail to control every bit of food going into her child's mouth (legumes and vegetables - no animal protein) and on the other she is splashing her brand all over unhealthy products such as microwave popcorn, soda enhancers and alcoholic beverages.  I am sure if she needs or wants the exposure there will be Skinny Girl cigarettes in the near future.  

Oh but you are forgetting one party .....  Jason has actual financial backers investing in his divorce case!  I am sure they know all about everything that is going on, LOL !!!

That has to be the most nuts thing I have ever heard of.  A financial backer for your divorce, ugh.  It would be a hoot if it turned out to be his sweet little old parents who took out a mortgage on their house to fund their son's money grab.  I wouldn't be surprised. It would explain a lot about Jason, i.e.. the apple didn't fall very far from the tree.  And it would show why Old Man Hoppy was willing to trot around in his underpants, lmao.  It was part of their financial strategy, haha

Well the financial backer for the divorce Jason seems to have these days is Bethenny.  Wasn't she just ordered to pay Jason's attorneys a $100,000.00 subject to set off?  Again this is Bethenny claiming someone said something.  Perhaps the financial backer was in response to Bethenny flaunting her superior financial position and claiming she would out lawyer him.   In court proceedings as part of discovery it would be ascertained the source of Jason's attorneys' fees.  Sadly, it is not uncommon for working lass parents to have to help divorcing children with attorney fees.  So much of this is superfluous.  Bethenny and Brandi seems to have this is common about whining about attorneys fees.  Quit screwing people over and your attorney fees will cease.      

Trying to be fair to both parties it just seems highly unlikely that conversations Bethenny testified to that she claimed were so egregious that Jason should have been deprived 50/50 custody.  The conversations didn't happen in a vacuum.  The men in their underwear story - during a time of marital strife is it really necessary to have a photo shoot in the home or is Bethenny perhaps being a tad passive aggressive?  Photo shoots aren't some basic human right. Caring parent moves the circus that is her business to say an office and treats the family residence like a home.  The dishes in the sink- they have a housekeeper, unflushed toilets - exactly how many times were they discovered? The "this is what 43 looks like" these aren't just comments that are unsolicited.  Something was said or written by Bethenny to prompt a response. Whether they began with a letter followed by an assertive divorce petition, Bethenny CHOSE to rip the carpet out from under Jason.  Bethenny has a record of leaving relationships in such away the other party is angry.  Start with her agent she tried to screw out of his commission, Jill Zarin (Jill deserved much of that but she did launch Bethenny has a RHONYC), Alex McCord, her father, her former stepfather, her mother, her first husband and the list goes on.

• Love 6

Possibly the extremely low body fat percentage?  Her face is very drawn.  The shorter hair looks great though.

ITA, it is her weight/no fat, that is the cause of that line just below her nose. I just saw a replay of her interview/talk with Billy Bush (from yesterday) and she is even thinner now than she was during HW filming! She needs to get a grip on her eating issues before Bryn starts to emulate her. JMO

• Love 7

I haven't read the conversation in the Heather thread and for the most part am guilty of skimming on this one.

I do think Bethenny thought this would be a comfort zone for her.  For the most part she had a fan base that was rooting for her.  Do you remember Julie, her assistant?  For a while now, I've been thinking what has been different this time around is that Julie isn't there.  If I remember correctly, Julie was constantly by Bethenny's side.  I think Julie might have had a better handle on Bethenny's personality and was able to calm/control/massage her personality.  It may even have been Julie that handled all the social media and PR.  With it being a success, the Bethenny we are seeing now had no reason to come out.

I also remember (or think I do) right before Julie left she had made a comment to Jason about not being able to handle it anymore or some such.  I thought then that all was not what it seemed. 

Maybe Bethenny should buy Julie a car.  :D

• Love 6

I haven't read the conversation in the Heather thread and for the most part am guilty of skimming on this one.

I do think Bethenny thought this would be a comfort zone for her.  For the most part she had a fan base that was rooting for her.  Do you remember Julie, her assistant?  For a while now, I've been thinking what has been different this time around is that Julie isn't there.  If I remember correctly, Julie was constantly by Bethenny's side.  I think Julie might have had a better handle on Bethenny's personality and was able to calm/control/massage her personality.  It may even have been Julie that handled all the social media and PR.  With it being a success, the Bethenny we are seeing now had no reason to come out.

I also remember (or think I do) right before Julie left she had made a comment to Jason about not being able to handle it anymore or some such.  I thought then that all was not what it seemed. 

Maybe Bethenny should buy Julie a car.  :D

I agree with you Ellee, Julie softened Bethenny's hard edges and made her more likeable and I think you are right that Julie was able to calm Bethenny down. I have to wonder if the reality of Bethenny without Julie was a shock/surprise for Jason and he found out that he could not calm her down himself. Their marriage fell apart rapidly after Julie left IMO.

• Love 4

I agree with you Ellee, Julie softened Bethenny's hard edges and made her more likeable and I think you are right that Julie was able to calm Bethenny down. I have to wonder if the reality of Bethenny without Julie was a shock/surprise for Jason and he found out that he could not calm her down himself. Their marriage fell apart rapidly after Julie left IMO.

I think Bethenny couldn't handle the success.  When Bethenny's spin-offs happened, I think she fell in to the same traps that all the HWs have fallen in.  They suddenly have to make themselves into a whole 'new' person.  One that is smarter, more clever, the leader of the pack.  Heck, Bravo has been doing that very same thing since HWs took off.   Without other HWs to snark on, Bethenny had very few choices left.  Jason, his parents, his friends.  It spelled disaster from the get-go.

• Love 9

She might be one of those people who doesn't realize the damage she's doing (yes, you can do damage to your body while below your natural set point, even if you don't look emaciated) until she suffers a medical consequence. I hope she wakes up before then. She's not my favorite housewife but I wouldn't wish the hell of an eating disorder on my worst enemy. Take care of yourself, Beth.

She needs to get into some real, in-depth therapy ASAP!  JMO

• Love 4
(edited)

All I know this is definitely not the Bethenny from Season 1.  Success and a bit of fame has NOT brought out the best in Beth. She comes off very rude and walks around with a sense of entitlement. 

I agree with the majority here-Beth needs therapy OFF screen.   

Edited by BeachyMum
  • Love 4

Someone posted that B doesn't allow Bryn animal protein. I haven't read that anywhere else, but why would B eat it but not want Bryn to?

I believe it came up during the custody battle, she wanted to have total control over what Jason fed Bryn.

• Love 1

Well the financial backer for the divorce Jason seems to have these days is Bethenny.  Wasn't she just ordered to pay Jason's attorneys a $100,000.00 subject to set off?  Again this is Bethenny claiming someone said something.  Perhaps the financial backer was in response to Bethenny flaunting her superior financial position and claiming she would out lawyer him.   In court proceedings as part of discovery it would be ascertained the source of Jason's attorneys' fees.  Sadly, it is not uncommon for working lass parents to have to help divorcing children with attorney fees.  So much of this is superfluous.  Bethenny and Brandi seems to have this is common about whining about attorneys fees.  Quit screwing people over and your attorney fees will cease.     

Trying to be fair to both parties it just seems highly unlikely that conversations Bethenny testified to that she claimed were so egregious that Jason should have been deprived 50/50 custody.  The conversations didn't happen in a vacuum.  The men in their underwear story - during a time of marital strife is it really necessary to have a photo shoot in the home or is Bethenny perhaps being a tad passive aggressive?  Photo shoots aren't some basic human right. Caring parent moves the circus that is her business to say an office and treats the family residence like a home.  The dishes in the sink- they have a housekeeper, unflushed toilets - exactly how many times were they discovered? The "this is what 43 looks like" these aren't just comments that are unsolicited.  Something was said or written by Bethenny to prompt a response. Whether they began with a letter followed by an assertive divorce petition, Bethenny CHOSE to rip the carpet out from under Jason.  Bethenny has a record of leaving relationships in such away the other party is angry.  Start with her agent she tried to screw out of his commission, Jill Zarin (Jill deserved much of that but she did launch Bethenny has a RHONYC), Alex McCord, her father, her former stepfather, her mother, her first husband and the list goes on.

It was nice of you to respond at length even though you find discussion of the issue superfluous, lol.  

Of course parents may sometimes have to help their grown children with attorney fees.  I think most people know that.  But what I think some people don't know is that (allegedly! allegedly!) Jason hired a forensic accountant to go through Bethenny's finances with a fine tooth comb in order to lay claim to as much money as he can. I don't know if the cost of an expert like that is something you can make your spouse pay for as part of "legal fees."  That may be why he had to bring in a third party to help him bankroll his case.  

It just grosses me out that you can invest in the outcome of someone's divorce that way.  I find the idea unsavory, especially if those people are in fact Jason's own parents.  That would go way beyond helping your kid get out of a bad marriage or keep custody of the children, things which are valid family concerns to me and deserving of support.  But if Jason's parents are funding his attempt to get as much money as he can given the circumstances, that is just slimy imo. They were married for two stinkin' years.  They had a prenup.  I would be telling my son to honor his word and the agreement that he made and not sully himself trying to grab every nickel from his wife he can.  He's going to be getting a generous amount of child support for many, many years.  I would tell him to be satisfied with that, settle the divorce, move on and concentrate on raising your daughter.  Not encouraging him to put money ahead of everything and holding up everyone's ability to move on for literally years. 

Something was said or written by Bethenny to prompt a response. Whether they began with a letter followed by an assertive divorce petition, Bethenny CHOSE to rip the carpet out from under Jason.  Bethenny has a record of leaving relationships in such away the other party is angry.  Start with her agent she tried to screw out of his commission, Jill Zarin (Jill deserved much of that but she did launch Bethenny has a RHONYC), Alex McCord, her father, her former stepfather, her mother, her first husband and the list goes on.

I can't equate what went on between Bethenny and her friends and family to what went on with her old agent because that has to do with contracts and business dealings and it was not a personal relationship at all.  I think that whole thing is irrelevant in terms of characterizing how Bethenny's relationships end up.

But with re: to Alex McCord, she and Bethenny ended up fairly close friends, didn't they? At least on the show.  I recall one of their last interactions, with Alex bringing Bethenny some expensive maternity clothes and being sent on a mission to tell Jill to back off. The hives, lol.   And Alex reporting back.  Maybe after Beth left the show, got married, had a baby, and Alex moved to Australia they stopped getting together on the regular, but I don't think it is because they ended up on the outs as was suggested.

Jill Zarin may have arguably launched Bethenny on RHoNYC but she also did everything she could to destroy Bethenny later so, well ... fuck her, quite frankly.  She is also a non-factor in judging anything about Bethenny imo.

I have never heard a word out of Bethenny's first husband at all, much less an indication that he is still angry at her.  From what I read, she doesn't sound angry at him, either.  He is a real cutie by the way. I'd never seen him before I looked him up just now. 

And with regard to her family, her stepfather didn't seem especially angry as much as he seemed a little hurt she ignored him for so long, although he seemed to take some of the responsibility for their estrangement himself.  

Her mother is just a complete nutcase and that relationship is also pretty much a non-factor to me.  

I've never heard of anything her father said about her that indicates he was angry with her, although they were estranged and he didn't want to see her as he was dying.  I have no idea what went on with them, but imo when it comes to someone's relationship with their parents and long term estrangement, I think you have to lay a good portion of the blame on the parent for the situation if they have the chance to see their child and won't. So I can't blame Bethenny for that situation, either. 

I don't know who else you are referring to when you say the list goes on and on.  Kelly Bensimon or somebody?  LOL! 

Someone posted that B doesn't allow Bryn animal protein. I haven't read that anywhere else, but why would B eat it but not want Bryn to?

The story about Bryn's diet didn't get that specific about why hot dogs and bacon were no good, but I would understand objecting to Bryn eating those two things in particular because most of them are heavily processed with nitrates.  I know I stopped eating that stuff years ago, and go only for uncured bacon and weanies.  

Beth does eat animal protein, but I think the thing about Bryn having it has more to do with the quantity of it in her diet when she is with her dad.  Americans eat way too much of it and it spoils us for other things.  Her eating all this salty fatty stuff at dad's then going to mom's and being just as happy eating lentils is not very realistic.  It is tough enough for Bryn to have to go back and forth between households as it is without having to contend with two different diets when she switches off.   

think the brittle hyper stuff is part of the intended editing curve -- a canny arc, moving from  "She's crazy and unlikeable!" to "She's making me crack up a bit more, each week"  to "Bethenny IS back, after all."  She has to be presented as an underdog for anyone to ultimately enjoy her "journey" through the season, imo.

I agree, and I also think the editors went back and enhanced this story arc after the negative feedback of the first few episodes.

"I'm in the midst of (another) life crisis and such a delicate flower, but I'm going to tell two widows that they need to rebrand DEATH." 

** snore **

• Love 3

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/lawyers-bethenny-frankel-estranged-husband-battle-custody-trial-article-1.1808281

I remember reading early on when Bryn was too tiny to decide that Bethenny claimed the kid was a vegetarian by choice. This explains that Bethenny is all about Bethenny. 

There is no doubt in my mind Bethenny will try and screw the kid up like she claims she was over food and diet issues. I am hoping Jason will keep the child's options open. Look for Skinny Girl candy cigarettes coming out soon.  Nothing but atificial flavor and sweeteners.

• Love 4

It was nice of you to respond at length even though you find discussion of the issue superfluous, lol.  

Of course parents may sometimes have to help their grown children with attorney fees.  I think most people know that.  But what I think some people don't know is that (allegedly! allegedly!) Jason hired a forensic accountant to go through Bethenny's finances with a fine tooth comb in order to lay claim to as much money as he can. I don't know if the cost of an expert like that is something you can make your spouse pay for as part of "legal fees."  That may be why he had to bring in a third party to help him bankroll his case.  

It just grosses me out that you can invest in the outcome of someone's divorce that way.  I find the idea unsavory, especially if those people are in fact Jason's own parents.  That would go way beyond helping your kid get out of a bad marriage or keep custody of the children, things which are valid family concerns to me and deserving of support.  But if Jason's parents are funding his attempt to get as much money as he can given the circumstances, that is just slimy imo. They were married for two stinkin' years.  They had a prenup.  I would be telling my son to honor his word and the agreement that he made and not sully himself trying to grab every nickel from his wife he can.  He's going to be getting a generous amount of child support for many, many years.  I would tell him to be satisfied with that, settle the divorce, move on and concentrate on raising your daughter.  Not encouraging him to put money ahead of everything and holding up everyone's ability to move on for literally years. 

I can't equate what went on between Bethenny and her friends and family to what went on with her old agent because that has to do with contracts and business dealings and it was not a personal relationship at all.  I think that whole thing is irrelevant in terms of characterizing how Bethenny's relationships end up.

But with re: to Alex McCord, she and Bethenny ended up fairly close friends, didn't they? At least on the show.  I recall one of their last interactions, with Alex bringing Bethenny some expensive maternity clothes and being sent on a mission to tell Jill to back off. The hives, lol.   And Alex reporting back.  Maybe after Beth left the show, got married, had a baby, and Alex moved to Australia they stopped getting together on the regular, but I don't think it is because they ended up on the outs as was suggested.

Jill Zarin may have arguably launched Bethenny on RHoNYC but she also did everything she could to destroy Bethenny later so, well ... fuck her, quite frankly.  She is also a non-factor in judging anything about Bethenny imo.

I have never heard a word out of Bethenny's first husband at all, much less an indication that he is still angry at her.  From what I read, she doesn't sound angry at him, either.  He is a real cutie by the way. I'd never seen him before I looked him up just now. 

And with regard to her family, her stepfather didn't seem especially angry as much as he seemed a little hurt she ignored him for so long, although he seemed to take some of the responsibility for their estrangement himself.  

Her mother is just a complete nutcase and that relationship is also pretty much a non-factor to me.  

I've never heard of anything her father said about her that indicates he was angry with her, although they were estranged and he didn't want to see her as he was dying.  I have no idea what went on with them, but imo when it comes to someone's relationship with their parents and long term estrangement, I think you have to lay a good portion of the blame on the parent for the situation if they have the chance to see their child and won't. So I can't blame Bethenny for that situation, either. 

I don't know who else you are referring to when you say the list goes on and on.  Kelly Bensimon or somebody?  LOL! 

The story about Bryn's diet didn't get that specific about why hot dogs and bacon were no good, but I would understand objecting to Bryn eating those two things in particular because most of them are heavily processed with nitrates.  I know I stopped eating that stuff years ago, and go only for uncured bacon and weanies.  

Beth does eat animal protein, but I think the thing about Bryn having it has more to do with the quantity of it in her diet when she is with her dad.  Americans eat way too much of it and it spoils us for other things.  Her eating all this salty fatty stuff at dad's then going to mom's and being just as happy eating lentils is not very realistic.  It is tough enough for Bryn to have to go back and forth between households as it is without having to contend with two different diets when she switches off.   

For  someone who claims to be a family law attorney the concept of an expert witness being foreign to you stymies me.  Of course in a mutli- million dollar divorce parties hire experts.  The issues are about money so it would be a forensic accountant.  They are divorcing each other they don't trust the other person's representations.   There is nothing inherently evil about hiring experts and the court can and will award money to parties for expert witnesses.,  It is the little catch all phrase-"attorneys fees and costs". There has been no proof and in fact I offered the contrary that Jason's divorce was getting bank rolled by anyone but Bethenny and Jason at this point.  Attorneys take cases on contingencies every day.  What exactly would the difference be in lending a friend or family member money to fight a divorce they didn't want? 

Bethenny left her first husband for his best man so yes there was some resentment.  I believe she even whined it was hard on her because she was close to the family and they no longer had anything to do with her one she left their son and started dating a member of the wedding party.

Her step father, by her own accounts was a drug user, gambler, who beat her mentally ill mother.  She avoided him like the plague for 25 years.  She has zero sympathy for her battered mentally ill mom- who did reach out to her when she was pregnant with Bryn but Bethenny could not be bothered.  Time better spent tracking down the abuser.  Bethenny for claiming her father abandoned her and yet he walked her down the aisle when she married the first time.  She also lived with him as a n adult to pursue an acting career.  During the first season bragged on him.  There have been an inordinate number of pictures of Bethenny as an adult hanging out with his winning horses. He did see her before he died but alas he didn't use his last breathe to make things right with her. 

Regarding Alex McCord- essentially  when Bethenny's show was tanking she wanted to do a RHONYC Reunion show.  Alex was a member of SAG and as such is to receive a scale wage to appear on a talk show.  Bethenny refused.  This is Alex who was good to Bethenny for a number of years, appeared for free on her spin off.  Bethenny had issues with Martha Stewart and then had her on her show- something Martha Stewart never really needed to do.  Alex reported prior to leaving for Australia she and Bethenny were not on good terms.  She had a column for a couple of years you could look up the Bethenny and Jill Zarin stories about why they didn't appear on Bethenny's talk show.

Let's see there was the intern Max who she humiliated, her latest ex-husband, his parents, the citizens of Hazelton..  I think maybe it is not productive for me to specify the number of people she has alienated.  She herself and Andy Cohen have said she is a polarizing personality.  That would mean there are those who love her and those who hate her.

As to the food issues there was nothing to indicate that Jason was not feeding Bryn nitrate free food.  As I said before she claimed her two year old had elected to be a vegetarian.  Bethenny wants the kid to eat vegetables and legumes.  She can keep the kid on that diet during her 50% custody.

• Love 7

For  someone who claims to be a family law attorney the concept of an expert witness being foreign to you stymies me.  Of course in a mutli- million dollar divorce parties hire experts.  The issues are about money so it would be a forensic accountant.  They are divorcing each other they don't trust the other person's representations.   There is nothing inherently evil about hiring experts and the court can and will award money to parties for expert witnesses.,  It is the little catch all phrase-"attorneys fees and costs". There has been no proof and in fact I offered the contrary that Jason's divorce was getting bank rolled by anyone but Bethenny and Jason at this point.  Attorneys take cases on contingencies every day.  What exactly would the difference be in lending a friend or family member money to fight a divorce they didn't want? 

Bethenny left her first husband for his best man so yes there was some resentment.  I believe she even whined it was hard on her because she was close to the family and they no longer had anything to do with her one she left their son and started dating a member of the wedding party.

Her step father, by her own accounts was a drug user, gambler, who beat her mentally ill mother.  She avoided him like the plague for 25 years.  She has zero sympathy for her battered mentally ill mom- who did reach out to her when she was pregnant with Bryn but Bethenny could not be bothered.  Time better spent tracking down the abuser.  Bethenny for claiming her father abandoned her and yet he walked her down the aisle when she married the first time.  She also lived with him as a n adult to pursue an acting career.  During the first season bragged on him.  There have been an inordinate number of pictures of Bethenny as an adult hanging out with his winning horses. He did see her before he died but alas he didn't use his last breathe to make things right with her. 

Regarding Alex McCord- essentially  when Bethenny's show was tanking she wanted to do a RHONYC Reunion show.  Alex was a member of SAG and as such is to receive a scale wage to appear on a talk show.  Bethenny refused.  This is Alex who was good to Bethenny for a number of years, appeared for free on her spin off.  Bethenny had issues with Martha Stewart and then had her on her show- something Martha Stewart never really needed to do.  Alex reported prior to leaving for Australia she and Bethenny were not on good terms.  She had a column for a couple of years you could look up the Bethenny and Jill Zarin stories about why they didn't appear on Bethenny's talk show.

Let's see there was the intern Max who she humiliated, her latest ex-husband, his parents, the citizens of Hazelton..  I think maybe it is not productive for me to specify the number of people she has alienated.  She herself and Andy Cohen have said she is a polarizing personality.  That would mean there are those who love her and those who hate her.

As to the food issues there was nothing to indicate that Jason was not feeding Bryn nitrate free food.  As I said before she claimed her two year old had elected to be a vegetarian.  Bethenny wants the kid to eat vegetables and legumes.  She can keep the kid on that diet during her 50% custody.

In the words of the world's greatest drag queen evah, Willam Belli  ... "Your tone seems really pointed right now," lol. 

First of all, I am not a family lawyer and I never claimed to be.  You must have me confused with another poster.  

But even though I am not a lawyer, one thing I do know for certain is that a contingency arrangement with a lawyer in a divorce case is barred in New York, so that is not what is happening here.  The attorney fees are being paid by someone up front, probably by Bethenny, and I never disputed that.  I don't know why this is what you are focussing on, because who is paying the attorney fees actually had little to do with my point. 

I was focusing on the idea of an outsider possibly funding the hiring of a forensic accountant, which is entirely possible in this case.  

I think the problem is that you seem to be assuming that any expert Jason chooses to hire will necessarily have to be paid for by Bethenny.  But you are incorrect.  Certain costs are excluded from orders to pay legal fees all the time.  It is up to the court if such a cost would be covered, and if so, when.  It is not guaranteed Bethenny would ever be responsible for paying for Jason's forensic accountant, now or in the future.  For this reason, a forensic accountant would wisely insist on payment up front  because their bill may not be ordered to be paid by Bethenny.   And that money - which is needed up front - has to come from somewhere.  That is why it is possible that Jason may have a third party paying for this expense at present. 

At any rate, I certainly never asserted that it was "inherently evil" to hire such an expert.  I am well aware that expert witnesses are engaged for cases like this one all the time.  My point was about the idea that someone's parents would fund such an expert in this particular case seems a bit slimy because I personally would be encouraging my son to honor his prenup and move on with his life rather than dragging out the case for years trying to make a money grab that is completely unjustified in my opinion. 

Regarding the list of people left burned along the trail of scorched earth Bethenny left behind her as she travelled through life ... I myself don't hold her solely responsible for her relationship with her parents.  They sound like a pretty messed up bunch of people.  And I think acrimony among people who are divorcing/divorced is too common to be taken as evidence of some huge character flaw.  Nor do I take the inevitable end of a few shallow, show-based relationships as proof of much.  As for the people of greater Hazleton, I don't recall any huge outcry from them.  I think they have far more important things to worry about than Bethenny Frankel, and they have given her little thought, if any at all, since she disappeared from their midst. 

I just have to laugh at the hot dog issue.  Sure, there was no proof Jason was pumping Bryn full of nitrate-laden weiners.  But there is no proof he wasn't. We could go around in circles about it all day, but there is no point.  I will just say that personally I don't think it is that incredibly strange a mother would be concerned about what her daughter eats when she is at her father's home.  I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting your child to eat healthy foods wherever they are.  I think if the shoe was on the other foot and it was Jason expressing concern about Bryn's diet while with Bethenny, some people would be applauding his concern for his daughter.  Why it is some big sin that Bethenny is concerned escapes me. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/lawyers-bethenny-frankel-estranged-husband-battle-custody-trial-article-1.1808281

I remember reading early on when Bryn was too tiny to decide that Bethenny claimed the kid was a vegetarian by choice. This explains that Bethenny is all about Bethenny. 

There is no doubt in my mind Bethenny will try and screw the kid up like she claims she was over food and diet issues. I am hoping Jason will keep the child's options open. Look for Skinny Girl candy cigarettes coming out soon.  Nothing but atificial flavor and sweeteners.

Unfortunately, there's a good chance she will. 

Now this just sounds like desperation:

He would turn the television on as loud as he could and then put the remote in his backpack and leave with it,” Frankel said.

Now, if this is 'true', I could be wrong but I've never heard of a TV not being able to be turned off at the unit.  Or, you could just unplug it.  Just sayin.......

• Love 7
(edited)

Maybe she didn't want to turn off the TV.  Maybe she wanted to watch it.

The buttons on my TV are on the side in the shadows and almost impossible to read.  I've not been able to find the remote before and gone to turn the sound down using the buttons and ended up switching the source feed over to the DVR and it was hell to figure out how to fix it.  Had to pull the whole entertainment stand out and get a flashlight.  It took half an hour. 

And having no remote would sure make clicking through a couple of hundred channels a real pain. 

Swiping the remote just sounds like such a petty way to annoy someone.  What a jerk, lol.  

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 3
(edited)

Of course parents may sometimes have to help their grown children with attorney fees. I think most people know that. But what I think some people don't know is that (allegedly! allegedly!) Jason hired a forensic accountant to go through Bethenny's finances with a fine tooth comb in order to lay claim to as much money as he can. I don't know if the cost of an expert like that is something you can make your spouse pay for as part of "legal fees." That may be why he had to bring in a third party to help him bankroll his case.

It just grosses me out that you can invest in the outcome of someone's divorce that way. I find the idea unsavory, especially if those people are in fact Jason's own parents. That would go way beyond helping your kid get out of a bad marriage or keep custody of the children, things which are valid family concerns to me and deserving of support. But if Jason's parents are funding his attempt to get as much money as he can given the circumstances, that is just slimy imo. They were married for two stinkin' years. They had a prenup. I would be telling my son to honor his word and the agreement that he made and not sully himself trying to grab every nickel from his wife he can. He's going to be getting a generous amount of child support for many, many years. I would tell him to be satisfied with that, settle the divorce, move on and concentrate on raising your daughter. Not encouraging him to put money ahead of everything and holding up everyone's ability to move on for literally years.

I can't equate what went on between Bethenny and her friends and family to what went on with her old agent because that has to do with contracts and business dealings and it was not a personal relationship at all. I think that whole thing is irrelevant in terms of characterizing how Bethenny's relationships end up.

But with re: to Alex McCord, she and Bethenny ended up fairly close friends, didn't they? At least on the show. I recall one of their last interactions, with Alex bringing Bethenny some expensive maternity clothes and being sent on a mission to tell Jill to back off. The hives, lol. And Alex reporting back. Maybe after Beth left the show, got married, had a baby, and Alex moved to Australia they stopped getting together on the regular, but I don't think it is because they ended up on the outs as was suggested.

Jill Zarin may have arguably launched Bethenny on RHoNYC but she also did everything she could to destroy Bethenny later so, well ... fuck her, quite frankly. She is also a non-factor in judging anything about Bethenny imo.

I have never heard a word out of Bethenny's first husband at all, much less an indication that he is still angry at her. From what I read, she doesn't sound angry at him, either. He is a real cutie by the way. I'd never seen him before I looked him up just now.

I've never heard of anything her father said about her that indicates he was angry with her, although they were estranged and he didn't want to see her as he was dying. I have no idea what went on with them, but imo when it comes to someone's relationship with their parents and long term estrangement, I think you have to lay a good portion of the blame on the parent for the situation if they have the chance to see their child and won't. So I can't blame Bethenny for that situation, either.

I don't know who else you are referring to when you say the list goes on and on. Kelly Bensimon or somebody? LOL!

The story about Bryn's diet didn't get that specific about why hot dogs and bacon were no good, but I would understand objecting to Bryn eating those two things in particular because most of them are heavily processed with nitrates. I know I stopped eating that stuff years ago, and go only for uncured bacon and weanies.

Beth does eat animal protein, but I think the thing about Bryn having it has more to do with the quantity of it in her diet when she is with her dad. Americans eat way too much of it and it spoils us for other things. Her eating all this salty fatty stuff at dad's then going to mom's and being just as happy eating lentils is not very realistic. It is tough enough for Bryn to have to go back and forth between households as it is without having to contend with two different diets when she switches off.

LOL please, many children of divorce go back and forth between homes and eat steak at dad's and Ramen noodles at mom's and live to tell the story. If that story was true it's just another example of Bethenny being the asshole control freak IRL that she is showing herself to be on tv.

Based on what I see on tv, if EVERY relationship you have turns to shit,and you're the common denominator, it might be time to look in the mirror to see who the real problem is. Whether business or personal, it's very telling.

As for the divorce, Vickie from the OC was the breadwinner in her family and she hired a forensic accountant at the time of her divorce too so I don't think it's as sinister as you make it out to be. As for letting go, everything stated about Jason has already been stated about Beth. Look how many people think old man Morgan should just give up already and pay off Sonja to end things. Yet he keeps fighting. Maybe Beth is taking lessons from him.

Edited by Mya Stone
  • Love 6

Maybe she didn't want to turn off the TV.  Maybe she wanted to watch it.

The buttons on my TV are on the side in the shadows and almost impossible to read.  I've not been able to find the remote before and gone to turn the sound down using the buttons and ended up switching the source feed over to the DVR and it was hell to figure out how to fix it.  Had to pull the whole entertainment stand out and get a flashlight.  It took half an hour. 

And having no remote would sure make clicking through a couple of hundred channels a real pain. 

Swiping the remote just sounds like such a petty way to annoy someone.  What a jerk, lol.  

There's always pulling the plug.  She could have gotten a second remote.  You can buy one from Verizon for $10 and hide it.  And there's only one TV and one remote?  Remember this was Beth's testimony over custody.  Jason is a 'remote' stealer and shouldn't have custody.

You know I'm just having fun here because the whole thing was so absurd. 

• Love 7

In the words of the world's greatest drag queen evah, Willam Belli  ... "Your tone seems really pointed right now," lol. 

First of all, I am not a family lawyer and I never claimed to be.  You must have me confused with another poster.  

But even though I am not a lawyer, one thing I do know for certain is that a contingency arrangement with a lawyer in a divorce case is barred in New York, so that is not what is happening here.  The attorney fees are being paid by someone up front, probably by Bethenny, and I never disputed that.  I don't know why this is what you are focussing on, because who is paying the attorney fees actually had little to do with my point. 

I was focusing on the idea of an outsider possibly funding the hiring of a forensic accountant, which is entirely possible in this case.  

I think the problem is that you seem to be assuming that any expert Jason chooses to hire will necessarily have to be paid for by Bethenny.  But you are incorrect.  Certain costs are excluded from orders to pay legal fees all the time.  It is up to the court if such a cost would be covered, and if so, when.  It is not guaranteed Bethenny would ever be responsible for paying for Jason's forensic accountant, now or in the future.  For this reason, a forensic accountant would wisely insist on payment up front  because their bill may not be ordered to be paid by Bethenny.   And that money - which is needed up front - has to come from somewhere.  That is why it is possible that Jason may have a third party paying for this expense at present. 

At any rate, I certainly never asserted that it was "inherently evil" to hire such an expert.  I am well aware that expert witnesses are engaged for cases like this one all the time.  My point was about the idea that someone's parents would fund such an expert in this particular case seems a bit slimy because I personally would be encouraging my son to honor his prenup and move on with his life rather than dragging out the case for years trying to make a money grab that is completely unjustified in my opinion. 

Regarding the list of people left burned along the trail of scorched earth Bethenny left behind her as she travelled through life ... I myself don't hold her solely responsible for her relationship with her parents.  They sound like a pretty messed up bunch of people.  And I think acrimony among people who are divorcing/divorced is too common to be taken as evidence of some huge character flaw.  Nor do I take the inevitable end of a few shallow, show-based relationships as proof of much.  As for the people of greater Hazleton, I don't recall any huge outcry from them.  I think they have far more important things to worry about than Bethenny Frankel, and they have given her little thought, if any at all, since she disappeared from their midst. 

I just have to laugh at the hot dog issue.  Sure, there was no proof Jason was pumping Bryn full of nitrate-laden weiners.  But there is no proof he wasn't. We could go around in circles about it all day, but there is no point.  I will just say that personally I don't think it is that incredibly strange a mother would be concerned about what her daughter eats when she is at her father's home.  I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting your child to eat healthy foods wherever they are.  I think if the shoe was on the other foot and it was Jason expressing concern about Bryn's diet while with Bethenny, some people would be applauding his concern for his daughter.  Why it is some big sin that Bethenny is concerned escapes me. 

I am not assuming anything.  Recently Bethenny was ordered to pay $100,000.00 to Jason attorneys and as I have stated previously subject to set off at the time of the court's final determination.  Subject to set off means that anything she paid may be deducted from what she might own Jason if the Court orders it.  It is up to a judge unless of course the parties settle the matter. Obviously, Jason could be ordered to pay all his own fees and costs.  At that point he would have to repay Bethenny.  Attorneys hire the experts and clients pay them  Your concern over my focus and assumptions are not needed.  I am disputing your assumption someone is bankrolling the case for Jason. Since no one knows what is in the pre-nup why do you assume Jason isn't honoring it? Or express his parents are not good people.  I simply said it was common for parents to help their divorcing children with attorneys' fees.  You have made it sound as if the Hoppys have hired the forensic accountant.  A case could just as easily be made that the parties are at issue over the amount owed and not the terms of the pre-nup.  One would not hire a forensic accountant to interpret the terms of the pre-nup it would be for the numbers.  There are any number of issues the forensic accountants may be exploring, writing opinions, being deposed and prepared to testify to.  Both sides have them.

I don't need to go around in circles over hot dogs.  The entire custody case to me is one that is living proof that when you have 50/50 custody you lose control over what the other party does when they have the child.  Bethenny offered the hot dog scenario as proof of Jason being unfit to share custody.  She lost.

I'll state it again there are numerous committed relationships Bethenny has bailed on and left people hurt.  She has a very strong desire to be a public figure and in doing so she has caused to be exposed the numerous broken commitments.

Unfortunately, there's a good chance she will. 

Now this just sounds like desperation:

He would turn the television on as loud as he could and then put the remote in his backpack and leave with it,” Frankel said.

Now, if this is 'true', I could be wrong but I've never heard of a TV not being able to be turned off at the unit.  Or, you could just unplug it.  Just sayin.......

it would happen once with me and then I would get a duplicate remote.  This is a rich woman who claims to be smart.  Who is to say he didn't accidently take it mistaking it for his cell phone?  Or more likely - it never happened.

• Love 6

Maybe she didn't want to turn off the TV. Maybe she wanted to watch it.

The buttons on my TV are on the side in the shadows and almost impossible to read. I've not been able to find the remote before and gone to turn the sound down using the buttons and ended up switching the source feed over to the DVR and it was hell to figure out how to fix it. Had to pull the whole entertainment stand out and get a flashlight. It took half an hour.

Swiping the remote just sounds like such a petty way to annoy someone. What a jerk, lol.

If this is what she considers one of the horrible things about her ex she should consider herself lucky. I imagine what she put him through on her best day pales in comparison (thinking back to the day the "chef" prepared thanksgiving dinner).

When I lose my remote I log in to my remote app and change the channel from my phone. I'm sure if I had a house full of assistants here I'd just send one down to the cable office and get another. But then again maybe NYC doesn't have all the conveniences of jersey.

• Love 7

If this is what she considers one of the horrible things about her ex she should consider herself lucky. I imagine what she put him through on her best day pales in comparison (thinking back to the day the "chef" prepared thanksgiving dinner).

When I lose my remote I log in to my remote app and change the channel from my phone. I'm sure if I had a house full of assistants here I'd just send one down to the cable office and get another. But then again maybe NYC doesn't have all the conveniences of jersey.

Nice.  I didn't think of that.   My husband did that and one night we had a channel changing duel between him and his iphone and me with the remote.  Oh yeah, I won....

• Love 4
(edited)

I actually just took a look at my flatscreen and it seems to involve fiddling around the back. Which is irritating, especially if someone has cranked the tv up loud. I guess the question I have for anyone who deems this a minor irritant (and let me be clear, I think this is a very minor story in the rich tapestry of the ugly divorce) is if this is how you would react.

"My ex cranked up the tv on top volume and then walked out with the remote and god bless him. I wasn't inconvienced at all and I'd rather never watch the tv again rather than use a remote. When my ex pulled a passive aggressive mean trick on me, I smiled and liked it and thanked him for it because gosh darn it, I should have just gotten up to change the channel or better yet, just unplugged it! My ex was treating me graciously and respectfully and I *thank him*"

And no, I don't think anyone going thru an unpleasant divorce is going to respond this way, which is why I wonder why Bethenny is a)wrong to bring it up if she is actually divorcing the man and b)why it wouldn't be deemed obnoxious and rude. If this happened to me, I would be angry and annoyed. I don't know anyone in my social circle who wouldn't be angry at an ex partner who pulled something so petty and childish.

Point - if we're talking about reasonable adults, then Jason was being unreasonable in swiping the remote, inconveniencing others and forcing someone to buy an extra remote rather than just not steal the remote. That it's easily fixed doesn't mean Jason should get a "Way to go! Good Boy!" for being a petty asshole.

Edited by ZoloftBlob
  • Love 4
I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting your child to eat healthy foods wherever they are.  I think if the shoe was on the other foot and it was Jason expressing concern about Bryn's diet while with Bethenny, some people would be applauding his concern for his daughter.  Why it is some big sin that Bethenny is concerned escapes me.

Because she has serious food and diet neuroses, if not past (and possibly current) eating disorders.

• Love 7

I actually just took a look at my flatscreen and it seems to involve fiddling around the back. Which is irritating, especially if someone has cranked the tv up loud. I guess the question I have for anyone who deems this a minor irritant (and let me be clear, I think this is a very minor story in the rich tapestry of the ugly divorce) is if this is how you would react.

"My ex cranked up the tv on top volume and then walked out with the remote and god bless him. I wasn't inconvienced at all and I'd rather never watch the tv again rather than use a remote. When my ex pulled a passive aggressive mean trick on me, I smiled and liked it and thanked him for it because gosh darn it, I should have just gotten up to change the channel or better yet, just unplugged it! My ex was treating me graciously and respectfully and I *thank him*"

And no, I don't think anyone going thru an unpleasant divorce is going to respond this way, which is why I wonder why Bethenny is a)wrong to bring it up if she is actually divorcing the man and b)why it wouldn't be deemed obnoxious and rude. If this happened to me, I would be angry and annoyed. I don't know anyone in my social circle who wouldn't be angry at an ex partner who pulled something so petty and childish.

I personally don't think anyone disagrees that it's not rude. What I think is ridiculous is that after alllll the awful behavior she has shown to the world and how she treated Jason, his parents and his friends, that THAT story is what she puts out to the press. As if we are all gonna sit back and agree with her that yes, there's the proof, Jason is the devil. IMO, the story makes Bethenny look more petty and desperate than Jason.

• Love 9

When you are trying to win custody, one of the key things you try to show is that you are the parent who is going to do the best job when it comes to supporting the child having a relationship with the other parent.  Lots of time the party who may be ever-so-slightly less desirable as a parent in general can look like a saint in terms of encouraging the child to have a good relationship with the other parent and get the greater share of custody on that basis.  It won't overcome if you are like a drug addict or something, but often when the sides are roughly equal, it can be the determinative factor. 

That is one reason you can get into such petty nonsense in a custody case ...  you are trying to show that the other person is willing to screw with you just to upset you.  It is intended to translate for the judge the idea that "if Jason is so determined to be a petty little jerk just to annoy Bethenny, maybe he would not do everything he could to facilitate Bethenny and Bryns relationship just to screw with Bethenny, too."

Thus the Festivus-style airing of the grievances. 

• Love 1

When you are trying to win custody, one of the key things you try to show is that you are the parent who is going to do the best job when it comes to supporting the child having a relationship with the other parent.  Lots of time the party who may be ever-so-slightly less desirable as a parent in general can look like a saint in terms of encouraging the child to have a good relationship with the other parent and get the greater share of custody on that basis.  It won't overcome if you are like a drug addict or something, but often when the sides are roughly equal, it can be the determinative factor. 

That is one reason you can get into such petty nonsense in a custody case ...  you are trying to show that the other person is willing to screw with you just to upset you.  It is intended to translate for the judge the idea that "if Jason is so determined to be a petty little jerk just to annoy Bethenny, maybe he would not do everything he could to facilitate Bethenny and Bryns relationship just to screw with Bethenny, too."

Thus the Festivus-style airing of the grievances. 

Well then Bethenny was screwed. She testified she had threatened Jason with never seeing his daughter again.  Not that it will change anyone's mind but those are pretty powerful words when you are  up against someone who has a $100 million dollar war chest.  So when it came to parties most likely to ensure the other parent has regular contact Jason came out ahead.

Courts don't care about hidden remotes, or dirty dishes in the sink - they care when one parent threatens to deprive the other parent of seeing their child.

• Love 6