Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Speculation

• Start Topic

I tried to think of a witty title, but oh well.

What does everyone think of the season 7 possibility? Will it happen, should it, who do you think will be on and who do you want/not want on.

Personally I really don't know where they can go from here. The twins were a flop and Jim is hated not in the love to hate way, in a people can't watch him way. Ratings were already going down with the old cast. I see perhaps Kathy getting a bump back up to HW for interaction with the Gorga's who I see as Bravo trying to build the new season around, if there is a new season.

• Love 3

I don't know where they can go from here either. 

I've always maintained the Gorgas can't carry the show, and yet, here they are, still standing.

I don't believe Amber will be back. I think her husband fixed that for her.  Even if she does, the problem Bravo has is that viewers are not yet invested at all in the new cast members.    In hindsight, it was probably a mistake to let Jac, Caroline and Kathy go, especially with Teresa's fate being so uncertain.   My theory has been that they let Jac and Caroline go to get Dina back.  (with Caroline's gift being her own show).  But Dina brought nothing.  And, since she was only on for the first season and part of the second, newer viewers are not invested in her, either.

Kathy could come back full time - that might help.  Here again, though, her husband turned off many viewers, so I would think they would need to tone him down.   Rosie would also be an interesting addition, if we're able to see more than drunk Rosie looking for love and having dinner with the Wakiles. I think at this point, they have to bring Jac back full time.

But, I don't think there is much they can do to salvage what has really become a train wreck.  They may limp along for another season, but it won't be easy.

And Bravo had to know it was a train wreck, or Jac would not have been asked back, and all those extra scenes filmed.  Big mistake to spend 2 full seasons on the Guidice/Gorga feud to the exclusion of everything else, and to focus most of this season on Teresa Guidice.  Because, like it or not, they inadvertently made her the series "star".  They would have been better off to give her a back seat this season, and focus on some of the others.  

(Adding, I'm not sure what kind of women they want for this franchise in particular.   I'm sure there is no shortage of wealthy ladies in NJ with class.  But they would have to be out of their minds to join after seeing the last three seasons, so Bravo ends up with newbies like Amber and the twins.  )

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 3

If this was a scripted show, I actually would enjoy watching another season with the original cast, but after a five year break. As in, it's Joe's last few months in prison, an update on Gia only since she will be 18, and some scenes of the family getting ready to move to Italy. How Kathy and her husband regret their giant house after both kids have moved on, a new marriage for Dina and reconciliation with her family, etc. It would be an awesome short series or tv movie. Even what Danielle's kids ended up doing.

Reality is in five years viewers will have moved on. And anything without Theresa will be boring.

• Love 8

I wonder about this...I actually think that, if the franchise is renewed, the twins will be back - I know they're annoying, but I think their stories could be interesting.  And, as much as I hate to say it, Amber and Jim may be back, too, only because while we all think Jim sealed the deal on a non-return, HE got more online tabloid and blog press than everyone else, with the exception of Teresa and Joe.  Andy loves all types of press - good or bad.  Maybe there will be a few "contracts" that need to be ironed out, and maybe Bravo will send Jim to a class about how to play nice on Twitter and what can and cannot be said before filming.

I also think that Melissa and Joe will be back, and we may see occasional scenes with them and Joe Giudice and the girls (they are the only real tie-in at this point).  This could also leave the door open for one or more of Melissa's sisters, who, while not appearing this year at all, in past seasons, seemed like they were auditioning for Housewife status.

I wonder about Dina.  I think she may need the money and I think that she does enjoy the popularity.  If Jac comes back, then Dina will be a definite no-go, however.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 1

Second highest rated show on bravo of course they will be back.  They don't need the Teresa hiatus.  Somebody at bravo must be thinking "how long can these RH run?"  Fortunately no RH has succumbed to death so I believe, no one is irreplaceable and no one should be able to dictate who they will film with or not film with.  Caroline took a hike because of the Teresa mess but I do not believe she doesn't have another RH season in her.  Doesn't Bravo have talent scouts?  Hire the lady with the 33,000 square foot house-I found her dogs more interesting than dialed back Teresa. 

• Love 3

I think it will be back. The ratings are down, but they are still strong for a RH franchise. Bravo won't let this deal die. Like someone else said, I think the twins could be entertaining.  They are beyond annoying and famewhores to the extreme, but at this point in the franchise you are going to get nothing but famewhores. No one would put themselves or their families through this mess of a show if they weren't desperate for fame.

The thing I do like about the twins are their family dynamics. It reminds me of this show in the beginning, before all the drama. Lots of family dinners with food that makes me want to jump through the screen. I think that Rino is hysterical and I have warmed to him quite a bit. The Nichole/Bobby story seems fake to me, but there could still be some interesting story lines here.  I think that at the end of the day they will give them another try. So much of the season was edited out, there might have been some good stuff that we didn't see. 

Amber and her guy surely have to be gone. She added nothing to this show, except I think I heard that she once had The Cancer. 

I think Jac, Kathy, Mel and Joey will be back. As pointed out, they provide a connection to Teresa. I think Bravo will want to give us constant reminders of Tre so that they can keep her spot warm for her eventual return.  

I have heard a lot of rumors about Danielle. Andy treated her with warmth when she was on WWHL, so I don't think there is any animosity there. She has a connection to Jac, which would give Jac more of a purpose than just waiting for a text from Tre that is never going to come. I also wouldn't rule out Caroline returning. Surely there is no way that Bravo is going to renew her show? Andy loves her and I think he would welcome her being at least a "friend of".  Not to mention her daughter will be getting married and I am sure that whole family dreams of this wedding being on reality TV in some manner. 

• Love 7

Amber and Jim may be back, too, only because while we all think Jim sealed the deal on a non-return, HE got more online tabloid and blog press than everyone else, with the exception of Teresa and Joe.  Andy loves all types of press - good or bad.  Maybe there will be a few "contracts" that need to be ironed out, and maybe Bravo will send Jim to a class about how to play nice on Twitter and what can and cannot be said before filming.

You may be right - and we know Jim certainly did get the attention this season.   My view is based on 2 things.  One instance where he said he didn't like the way he and Amber were portrayed in a scene, and so he called the producers and "yelled at them".  The second is if I assume he's the strap on husband that threatened to sue - threatening to sue and calling up producers -  I just think he's overall too big a headache for Bravo. 

But, the attention he's received could make him worth it.

• Love 3

I wonder about this...I actually think that, if the franchise is renewed, the twins will be back - I know they're annoying, but I think their stories could be interesting.  And, as much as I hate to say it, Amber and Jim may be back, too, only because while we all think Jim sealed the deal on a non-return, HE got more online tabloid and blog press than everyone else, with the exception of Teresa and Joe.  Andy loves all types of press - good or bad.  Maybe there will be a few "contracts" that need to be ironed out, and maybe Bravo will send Jim to a class about how to play nice on Twitter and what can and cannot be said before filming.

I also think that Melissa and Joe will be back, and we may see occasional scenes with them and Joe Giudice and the girls (they are the only real tie-in at this point).  This could also leave the door open for one or more of Melissa's sisters, who, while not appearing this year at all, in past seasons, seemed like they were auditioning for Housewife status.

I wonder about Dina.  I think she may need the money and I think that she does enjoy the popularity.  If Jac comes back, then Dina will be a definite no-go, however.

I think Jim got press the same way Jill Zarin got press-by being the direct source for those online tabloids. Not sure Andy will look too well on that. Then again, what else can they do? If the show must go on, they have to have someone to film and who else would want to be on this show now?

• Love 1

He also tweeted something homophobic. Andy wasn't happy when Joe called someone a f*****, IIRC (as he should have been. It's disgusting to call someone that).

Yes, he called Joe Guidice out for that more than once, and even called Teresa out for it.  Wonder if he will do the same with Jim. 

Andy tends to give some people passes. 

Re:  Bravo filming Teresa before she goes to prison.  I don't put it past Bravo or Teresa.  

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 1

Didn't Bravo cut Melissa's sisters off to a point because of their constant mouth-running via social media after season 3, or was that a rumor? Jim seems to be doing a LOT worse than they ever did... And there's was always more of a ploy to get on more, Jim is actually cashing the checks while calling the show BS. I will be very interested in whether or not Andy tries to make him answer for it at the reunion and of course if Andy will let them stay. I think even though Andy can't actually stand the Giudices, in part because of his personal grudge over the shove even more than Joe's use of slurs, he overlooks their various errors not only because they make him money but because they'll stand him calling them out year after year. Where as I can actually see Jim threatening to "depose" Andy at some point and I just hope Andy has a running camera when that happens and airs it out of spite.

• Love 2

I am wondering if or when they will start filming Season 7?  The last couple of seasons, we have seen Christmas with the New Jersey housewives.  Given all that is going on with Teresa, I wonder if they will start filming before the holidays, and on, thereby showing Teresa "going away", or if they will wait until after....OR, if the show will continue at all??? 

Ugh -  I was so happy that they spun her and those loser kids of hers off to their own show where I never had to see Prince Balding Albie, Crittofer or Caroline 2, Sourpuss Lapband Lauren, again.

• Love 3

The good ratings imo, may have happened because Bravo screwed with the schedule.

That's just the thing.  I looked up the ratings of RHONJ and Manzo'd with Children for Sunday November 2nd on TVByTheNumbers and Manzo'd didn't do well even though it followed the first night of the reunion.  I'm pretty sure that Sunday November 2nd was the Reunion Part 1.  That's when Bravo was sticking to their Sunday night schedule.

RHONJ - 11/2/2014

1.0 in 18-49 demo and 2.285 million total viewers

Manzo'd with Children - 11/2/2014

.6 in 18-49 demo and 1.388 million total viewers

Edited by AnnA

That's just the thing.  I looked up the ratings of RHONJ and Manzo'd with Children for Sunday November 2nd on TVByTheNumbers and Manzo'd didn't do well even though it followed the first night of the reunion.  I'm pretty sure that Sunday November 2nd was the Reunion Part 1.  That's when Bravo was sticking to their Sunday night schedule.

RHONJ - 11/2/2014

1.0 in 18-49 demo and 2.285 million total viewers

Manzo'd with Children - 11/2/2014

.6 in 18-49 demo and 1.388 million total viewers

How is Manzo'd with Children doing rating wise compare to Kim Z's show Tardy? That would be a fair comparison IMO.

How is Manzo'd with Children doing rating wise compare to Kim Z's show Tardy? That would be a fair comparison IMO.

I have no idea but if you can tell me when it is or was on, I can try finding them.

When I looked for the Manzo'd numbers, TVByTheNumbers only had recent ones available.  I'm sure those numbers are out there somewhere though.

The most recent season.

IMO, that makes a big difference. Kim had the twins this season and would naturally draw more viewers because of that. I don't think Manzo'd with Children did badly in the ratings for a first season with no big "event" like a wedding or childbirth. Tardy is the only show that it could be compared to, both are spinoffs, both are single family shows and both are 1/2 hour only shows (VPR is a very different style show). Tardy at least had a wedding the first season while Manzo'd was just about daily family life. It will be interesting to see if Andy keeps the show or if he merges it back into NJ HWs now that Teresa is at "camp/college" until 2016. 

He could easily bring them back on board and bring Danielle back while keeping the current cast of characters excluding the entire Giudice family and Dina, for obvious reasons. They would/could then have the Manzo's/Lauritia's , the Gorga's and the Walikie's verses Danielle with Jim/Amber/Teressa/Nicole and crew siding with her. That could be a very interesting show  IMO.

• Love 2

I don't think that Dina is coming from a position of strength or if she is even wanted back, but I think that if Jacqueline is a full-time Housewife next season, Dina will not return, but I suspect that if Caroline re-joins the show that Dina would be open to being on the show with Caroline.

Edited by quinn

I don't think that Dina is coming from a position of strength or if she is even wanted back, but I think that if Jacqueline is a full-time Housewife next season, Dina will not return, but I suspect that if Caroline re-joins the show that Dina would be open to being on the show with Caroline.

They don't speak and now Dina is smoking mad at Caroline for calling her out about not being invited to Lauren's engagement party.  I believe Dina when she said she came back primarily as Teresa's friend.  I definitely see Caroline returning if it is predicated with the renewal of her dreadful show.  Any show in the 9pm Sunday timeslot should do well-to have a drop off of almost a million viewers does not speak well for the show.  I think Caroline is capable of bringing the show back to its previous glory days if they bring in someone other than Amber and Jim.

I think Caroline is saving the wedding of her daughter for the spin-off.

• Love 1

I think I'm down for it not coming back. Of course I was surprised they filmed last season. I started watching this series with RHDC (to see the Salahi's make fools of themselves - and they did), but even though DC has pretty good ratings it wasn't the bonanza they assumed it would be. The ratings here this season weren't spectacular either - despite all the public interest in the "fraudwife" (sorry Teresa but it's your own fault). If they haven't started filming yet though, there's less than 8 weeks before she has to report. Maybe next week Radar will say that Teresa's getting $1M to film her going "away"!

• Love 1

AnnA, I believe, posted a link in Reunion Pt. 3 that ratings averaged about ~1.9 million per episode for Season 6 of RHONJ. Many episodes were at around~1.7 million, and the final average was inflated by a few high-viewership episodes (e.g. the one right after Teresa's sentencing in early October.) It's a substantial drop from the peak in Seasons 2 (2010) of an average ~2.7 million viewers per episode, but it's still well within the range for Bravo to renew it. The last season exceeded the most recent seasons of RHOC and RHOBH, and it isn't too far from RHONY's all-time high in Season 4 of ~2 million viewers per episode. I think RHONY, whose average viewership was only ~1.2 million last episode, had the Bravo sharks circling the waters; Bethenny's return next year is its last chance to save it from cancellation. My current prediction is that Bravo will experiment with a Season 7, with or without Teresa, but that the gap between Seasons 6 and 7 will be longer than normal. If the ratings become as abysmal as RHONY's are now, it will be cancelled. I think Bravo is scrambling now to find new, non-Housewives programming to be their financial base, since the franchise's popularity as a whole is declining. RHOA's day will come too.

So it sounds like Caroline and Dina are starting to try and repair their relationship. Caroline posted a bunch of photos of the family (including Lexi) at the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree on Twitter last night (although Dina and Jacqueline were not there).

Caroline retweeted something Dina posted earlier:

TRUE - we kept it private :) RT @dinamanzo You're all very kind. Things have been good for a bit just wanted to keep it private for a minute~Not everything needs to be done w cameras

So... could this be a setup for season 7 with both Dina and Caroline?

• Love 2

So it sounds like Caroline and Dina are starting to try and repair their relationship. Caroline posted a bunch of photos of the family (including Lexi) at the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree on Twitter last night (although Dina and Jacqueline were not there).

Caroline retweeted something Dina posted earlier:

So... could this be a setup for season 7 with both Dina and Caroline?

http://www.allabouttrh.com/shocking-dina-manzo-makes-peace-caroline-manzo-jacqueline-laurita-good-manzoslauritas/

It is about time-onward for filming next season with no Teresa.

• Love 3

I wonder if they all want/need that Bravo paycheck, and Andy said, "No more separate shows."   You know it's not going to last if they are going to film together.  Jac and Dina will implode eventually.  

• Love 1

Joe and Teresa need money.  They've proven that there is little they wouldn't do in order to get it.  So a 'Teresa Goes to College' special wouldn't be a huge surprise.  Nor would Mama Giudice or Rosie signing on as full time Housewives and moving into the Marble Mausoleum for Season 7.

Bravo and the Guidices will milk this for all it's worth.  Someone speculated that once Andy is done with you, he's done - like Jill, he's done with Teresa.  I disagree.  Jill was a double whammy.  She pissed him off and had no story to tell.  Teresa pissed Andy off but she and her family have a story that is compelling to viewers and I believe Andy & Co. will exploit that until people stop watching.

• Love 1

I think its nice they made up too, and I would guess now that next season will consist of Dina, Caroline, Jac, Melissa Gorga, with Kathy Wakile and Rosie "sharing" their part again.  That might work.   I still can't imagine the twins or Amber being asked back.  (Maybe Amber if Jim behaves, and she commits to bringing the gossip on Melissa since she knew her before she was married.)  The twins I think have no real connection to anyone, and I just don't think it worked.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Caroline Manzo go at it with Mr. Marchese. That might be fun.  I am not a Caroline fan, but she does not suffer fools at all. And throw Al Manzo in the mix and Jim won't know what hit him.

I hope the twins aren't back. I don't hate them, I just don't enjoy watching them. Their voices hurt my ears and they seem to be so ON for the camera, especially when they're in front of that fireplace, holding those special sangria-like drinks. But, if they are back, I want Danielle. I think the 3 of them would be interesting. Danielle is so serious, defensive, and paranoid. I'd love to know if the twins would feed into that.

• Love 1

I apologize if this has already been posted.

It seems that Caroline, Jac and Dina have mended fences and spent Christmas Eve together.

I wonder if they were filming?  Filming during Christmas is pretty much SOP on RHONJ.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/caroline-manzo-dina-manzo-jacqueline-laurita-end-feud-180500057-us-weekly.html

I think they must be filming.  On top of this, Jacqueline has posted several pictures over the last few days of her and Chris dining with Kathy and Rich.  Once at a restaurant and once at the Laurita's pad.  Since I really cannot imagine that these folks just routinely hang out together, I assume they are filming. 

This may be pure speculation but the Inquisitr says that RHONJ has NOT been filming.  More importantly, they claim that Bravo turned down Teresa Giudice's salary request for S7 and are using focus groups to determine moving forward without Teresa.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1717925/teresa-giudice-fired-rhonj-casting-changes-coming-soon/

The more I have read this week, the more I am starting to think Lotus has been right all along and they are not filming.

The more I have read this week, the more I am starting to think Lotus has been right all along and they are not filming.

Did someone say my name? :) Hey, if Bravo needs a focus group, I hope they're reading over here. There are certainly a lot of us with strong opinions! (But focus groups seems weird, doesn't it? HW's have been running for years, and don't they get feedback in other established ways, ie. ratings, Twitter, blogs, buzz, etc... They seem to figure out if new HW's are a hit pretty quickly and decisively, like Carlton or Joyce on RHOBH, so it seems strange to me that they need a "focus group" to determine if ppl. liked Amber and the twins, esp. since the show ended months ago.)

If Dina and Caroline and Jaqueline have patched things up, I can't see why they all wouldn't return, esp. since they all seem kinda addicted to it. I think adding Rosie as a full-time HW is a great idea, too, esp. if they bring back Kathy. Maybe find a new gal or two, add Melissa, and it's almost back to the original, minus our favorite inmate, of course.

• Love 2

I would find it shocking that they are not filming.  Why would Teresa G be skiing with those stupid twins, unless the twins paid her.  But I guess that would mean the twins would be signed on for next season, and I don't see Bravo doing that either.

I think they are filming.  Jac has been with Kathy W, and it seems those two only get together for a cannoli fest when the cameras are present.

• Love 1

If Dina and Caroline and Jaqueline have patched things up, I can't see why they all wouldn't return, esp. since they all seem kinda addicted to it. I think adding Rosie as a full-time HW is a great idea, too, esp. if they bring back Kathy. Maybe find a new gal or two, add Melissa, and it's almost back to the original, minus our favorite inmate, of course.

I think this is likely the direction they will go in, and include Kathy because she has ties to Melissa. 

If they are filming now (and I think they are because of Twins and Teresa), I'm going to guess the twins have been demoted to friends. And since we've heard nothing about Amber, guessing they have not been asked back.

I would not mind Rose as a HW if the focus of her being there is NOT that she's gay.  I've had enough drunk Rosie looking for love and enough of Richie's comments and comments from Joe Gorga etc. relating to her being gay. 

I would like to see her and Joe Guidice - they're good together.  If they continue to film the Guidices after the 5th, I would like to see Auntie Rosie come over from time to time to help Joe out with the girls.

I think that cast would work very well.  And I don't think they need "focus groups".  Yes, Teresa has a fan base, but come on Bravo. Oh but then Bravo has made her the center of the show for the past 3 seasons now.  So maybe they do need focus groups.

• Love 1

I don't think the show can make it with just Caroline, Dina and Jacqueline. They have to keep the twins and the twins will know their is a target on them-there has to be some controversy.  I don't necessarily know if Dina will return-she seems to be allergic to work that involves anything that isn't nattering about party trinkets. 

• Love 4