Type keyword(s) to search

You Know You're Obsessed With The Walking Dead When....

• Start Topic

You and at least two other family members are watching the marathon for the third time. You find it satisfying that your 13 yr old daughter thinks Shane is a bad person; but feel compelled to convince her that Lori hooking up with Shane was understandable.

You watch the trailer for the season premiere and it almost convinces you to remain on the couch for a fifth hour of marathon even though you won't get satisfaction for 4 more days.

• Love 3

When I first heard about powdered alcohol, the most obvious advantage of it was ease of transport. But since I don't live a thousand miles from the nearest beer store, and since any cheapness of mass commercial transport cost will be offset anyway by the state artificially jacking up the minimum legal retail price, all I could really think was: "It'd be easy to carry in your bag during a zombie apocalypse!"

• Love 3

You are going out of town for the weekend without kids and spouse but promise to be back in time for the premiere of Walking Dead (NO!! Do not watch without me)! I've planned my trip accordingly so I can listen to football on the 6 1/2 hour drive back but made sure I was home in plenty of time to tuck the kids in and be seated on the couch with time to spare!

• Love 4

You get confused in your obsessions: there was a comment about Phillip over in the leadership thread and I was thinking of a Phillip from Survivor.....I am a sad sad little walker bait.

On our way to her ballet class my daughter wanted to discuss what we'd do if the apocalypse hit while we were in traffic. I pointed to a tree near the soccer field and said "yeah, we might not make it."

• Love 3

On our way to her ballet class my daughter wanted to discuss what we'd do if the apocalypse hit while we were in traffic. I pointed to a tree near the soccer field and said "yeah, we might not make it."

You get obsessed enough to teach your child a new road-trip game; instead of spotting out-of-state license plates, point out for Mommy/Daddy the best 18-wheelers to hijack for supplies and crush the other vehicles in your way.

"There's a Wegman's, a Publix, and a Dollar Tree! I call shotgun!"

• Love 7

We spent a few minutes this morning trying to make our faces look like Dales pop-eyed freaked out face. Yeah, 98 lb ballerina can't make her face angry but it was funny to watch.

Another bad laugh I had last night!---Dale is dead and being buried, and there is a voice-over from Rick doing the eulogy saying "I'd look over at Dale, and he'd look over at me, you all know that look he had..." and I spit Diet Coke all over thinking of the group around the grave saying "you mean this look?" and bugging their eyes out with mouth agape.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

O. M. G.

I just watched an episode I'd never seen before!

I forgot I had missed one! I was sitting there thinking, " I don't remember this" again and again and again till I realized that IT WAS THAT MISSING EPISODE! There had been a lightning storm in 2012 and we never saw the episode where Andrea and Michonne were being held in the hospital and interviewed on their first day in Woodbury and even Andrea was suspicious. The episode when the governor wiped out the national guard!

So many loose ends tied up! ( no pun intended)

3 days till the next one

• Love 2

....you take the Monday off after the premier in case you have to watch it over and over and over again and get no sleep.

People IRL think I'm nuts.  Granted I probably am a bit half baked but in a quirky, creative way.  I am so happy that when my Mothership TWoP blew we had this place to land.

• Love 5

"I'd look over at Dale, and he'd look over at me, you all know that look he had..."

I never understood how he could say that with a straight face.. I bet that scene had 50 takes until they could get to the point where no one burst out laughing.

• Love 5

I'm convinced that when this show ends, I will need therapy.  It's bad enough that I feel emotional attachments to the characters but sometimes I obsessively look for online spoilers and speculate about photos taken with a zoom lens by a stalker.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

When you spend over an hour on Friday night planning a dinner menu for Sunday around TWD premiere.

Yes, I did this.  We've decided on chicken tacos with all the trimmings.

Sadly, we're all night workers at Casa Persnickety so we will be watching it courtesy of the DVR at about 1 am PST.

The upside is at least we'll be able to fast forward through all of these pesky commercials AMC surely has packed into the premiere.

***counting down/Jeopardy theme***

• Love 2

When other people panic at the sight of fire trucks or ambulances in their neighborhood, but you panic because there's flashing yellow lights of road-work signs and two vans from the cable company and dear god they are opening trenches and spooling up long lines of cable and your heart is in your throat and a block of ice is in your stomach and you make the sign of the cross and you're not even Catholic and you're chanting oh no not my baby don't take my baby please just let us have one more day Lord just one more day what are you doing to my baby?!?!

• Love 3

Haha, Rosiejuliemom! See my previous post about skipping nap time today. It's pretty sad when I'm more anxious about the kids bothering me during my show than I am about anything bad happening ON the show.

• Love 3

I never stay up this late on a Sunday AND I have to go to work early tomorrow because I have to leave early for a doc appointment.  I am seriously considering calling out of work so I can watch the premier, the Talking Dead, then the premier again. 

• Love 3

I always watch TTD right after, while posting on here. I can't wait! Seeing what others have to say is half of the fun. 

Just took the 4-year-old on a 1/2 hour walk to ensure even more fatigue. I have 2 other kids, by the by - a 6-year-old and a 3-year-old. But the 4-year-old is the only one who gives me trouble at bedtime.

• Love 3
Just took the 4-year-old on a 1/2 hour walk to ensure even more fatigue. I have 2 other kids, by the by - a 6-year-old and a 3-year-old. But the 4-year-old is the only one who gives me trouble at bedtime.

Mine are 4 and 6. I can distract the 4 year old with The Lion King. My first grader is the one to watch. She just won't stay in bed and loves to ask a million questions about whatever I happen to be watching. It took me almost 6 hours to watch The Hobbit because of her.

• Love 1

I have planned my AMC marathon watch meticulously, so that I seamlessly flow directly into tonight's new episode late enough to be able to ff through all the commercials.  I can hardly believe the time is drawing nigh.  Such unspoiled anticipation!  :-)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

... you wake up for four days in a row with "Carl Poppa" going through your head.

MAKE IT STOOOOPP!!!

Yesterday I was thinking what a great scene it would be if the discovered our songstress Beth had be attacked by walkers and turned when she showed up in the forest shambling along, sing/gurgling the back-up for Carl Poppa. Then I realized that's why I'd never be hired to write for TWD.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Ha, I'm actually the opposite. I normally go to bed at 10, but on Sundays I stay up quite a bit later, posting. And then I often stay up when my husband gets up for work to rewatch certain scenes before the kiddos rise. I'm so tired right now. 

• Useful 1

You know you're obsessed when Sunday night is the only night of the week that you get a good nights sleep.

Ha, I'm actually the opposite. I normally go to bed at 10, but on Sundays I stay up quite a bit later, posting. And then I often stay up when my husband gets up for work to rewatch certain scenes before the kiddos rise. I'm so tired right now.

I meant once you do go to bed, shut off the tablet and close your eyes.

You see this endcap at a home decor superstore and can't stop giggling. Wistfully, you wish your pretend friends from TWoP/Previously TV forums could be there to share the moment.  You pay no mind to the other shoppers giving you the side eye as you laugh out loud and snap a pic.

Bj9SjCOl.jpg

• Love 8

You harshly judge a coworker (internally, of course) who swears she watches TWD but doesn't know who Andrea is ( during a discussion about Laurie Holden's involvement in human trafficking). Really?? She was only a main character who had a dramatic death.

• Love 3

Ummmm, what? How can you not know who Andrea was? Did she miss all of the first three seasons? Is she only watching for Daryl? Gah. 

Also, those stuff and things (THANGS!) baskets need to be mine. All mine.

• Love 3

Ummmm, what? How can you not know who Andrea was? Did she miss all of the first three seasons? Is she only watching for Daryl? Gah. 

Also, those stuff and things (THANGS!) baskets need to be mine. All mine.

She must not have watched the first three seasons.  I honestly believe I couldn't think straight when I heard her say that so I didn't ask any follow up questions.  But I will forever give her the side eye when it comes to TWD.

• Love 4

You hear a siren as someone's cell phone's ring and immediately think the apocalypse is coming.  The only reason my job doesn't suck is that if an apocalypse were to start while I was there, I would have everything one needs from ammo to groceries. lol  

• Love 1

In all seriousness, if I did not watch closely enough to post here, after couple of seasons she would have reverted back to 'the blond that looks like every blond in 80's/90s TV...like Matlock and Walker Texas Ranger' for me.  This was my name for her before I learned it.  :)