Type keyword(s) to search

You Know You're Obsessed With The Walking Dead When....

• Start Topic

..you have hours of crap on the DVR, or could go back to reading a pretty good book, but run across Merle hotwiring a car with one hand and Michonne decapitating a walker while tied to a pole and now have to watch the rest of the episode.  Especially because you know you'll get to see Merle tip a bottle of booze towards a walker while sitting in the car pretty soon.  Yay!  Is it October 11 yet??

• Love 5
(edited)

...when you get excited noticing that a marathon (starting with the first episode) begins in less than two hours, even though you've seen every episode multiple times.  (and knowing that you'll end up just keeping it on in the background because of the other household chores you have to do today--keeping an eye on the screen so that you won't miss favorite scenes.)

Edited by BooksRule
  • Love 3

... when you jettison other shows from your DVR to make room for the umpteenth TWD marathon you're sure you'll be recording - again.  Today is the first (short) season, but subsequent Sundays will be a bitch because of all the Sunday night shows I record (and all the stuff I have saved on my DVR for my Mum's next visit - hopefully this September). 

AMC has ruined me with Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead marathons like no other channel!  :-)

• Love 3
(edited)

You hear a siren as someone's cell phone's ring and immediately think the apocalypse is coming. The only reason my job doesn't suck is that if an apocalypse were to start while I was there, I would have everything one needs from ammo to groceries. lol

Every time I read a news article about a new virus popping up somewhere in Asia or Africa or the Middle East, part of my brain says it's the beginning of the end.

Edited by ikmccall
  • Love 3

walnutqueen, I'm lucky, because I don't have much on my DVR (I have the most recent episode of 'Zoo', and--I should be ashamed to admit this, but I'm not--'Lavalantula' and 'Snakes on a plane') and would be okay with deleting those items if I needed to with no regrets. The only Sunday show I'm recording these days is 'Falling skies'.  However, I guess I'm obsessed because I'll check ahead on the following Sundays to look for a few of my favorite TWD episodes and record them to watch a couple of times before I delete them (until the next marathon, that is). 

• Love 1

BooksRule - I'm partly disabled and obviously have no life, because my Sunday night lineup includes: The Last Ship, HUMANS, Ray Donovan, True Detective, Deadline Crime, Falling Skies, Port Protection, Ballers, The Brink, Last Tango in Halifax, Last Week Tonight, Dateline, Poldark, Food Network Star, Married to Medicine, The Crimson Field, Mother Funders, Save My Life:Boston Trauma, Halt & Catch Fire, Ice Lake Rebels, Clever Monkeys and a few more I had to pre-empt for later this week airings ... 

Why YES, I DO watch too much TV.  I also smoke and drink too much, and spend too much time on these forums when I'm not feeding too many stray animals and wasting my life with TWD marathons.   I find it less constipating than opiates for pain.   :-D

• Love 3

Well damn!! T-Dog just dropped the key!! Next episode we get one of my fave lines of the series when Darryl finds out The Group left Merle on the roof "Let me process this" LOL.

Oh to be so young and innocent TWD :))

• Love 7

Well damn!! T-Dog just dropped the key!! Next episode we get one of my fave lines of the series when Darryl finds out The Group left Merle on the roof "Let me process this" LOL.

Oh to be so young and innocent TWD :))

Speaking of young and innocent, how clear and unfurrowed Rick's face looked in the early times!  Almost young & innocent.

• Love 3

ETA : one of my favorite scenes - ever - was with the vatos and the old people,  Makes me cry - every. single. time.

Hits home even moreso now than it did years ago, since my Mum is old, feeble and failing ....

• Love 2

When your dino-obsessed brother makes you watch documentaries that center around carnivorous  dinosaurs ripping out/cutting their prey's jugular, and just makes you sigh and miss Rick. 

• Love 4

You know that the hiatus for this particular season has gone on for too damned long:

... when you're actually seriously considering watching episode four of the crapioca spinoff, even though any of its first three episodes would have been vastly improved by any TWD character whatsoever, and, yes, I am even including Father Pee Pants.

not to mention:

... when you're starting to say to yourself: "You know, FPP isn't that bad a character..."

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 5

... when you're watching its sister show and thinking to yourself, "God damnit, why isn't it 10/11 yet!?!?", especially when AMC keeps shows promos or snippets of the TWD characters talking about the show during commercial breaks.

... when you're watching its sister show and constantly mentally berating its characters because of their massive stupidity.  No, I don't care that its a 'prequel' (while I'm watching).

... when you look at people you know and think "they are so walker bait", or "they might just make it for a time in a ZA", or "I want to get as far away from them as I possibly can, in case they stay alive".  Or at places around town and think what should either be looted first or could be used as a defensible position, for a short while at first (at least).

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

When you search the web for anything you can find about TWD. I recently found some webisodes on Youtube. The first one shows how the half-walker that Rick encounters by the bicycle comes to be, one is set in a storage facility, and the last one is in the hospital Rick is in. Here is the link to play them all:  

• Love 2

Or at places around town and think what should either be looted first or could be used as a defensible position, for a short while at first (at least).

Absolutely.  I am 100 % convinced that, due to position, design, etc, my apartment would make the world's best zombie-proof safe zone. They are never getting in here  And I am never moving.  I also know exactly how I would modify which lamps to make them spears, and I obsess constantly that no one on TWD carries a spear.  To me, that makes a lot more sense than a knife. Mostly because I don't know how to get my hands on a katana.

• Love 1

Not sure if this is the right place to put it, but on a recent episode of Family Guy Chris thought Peter was a zombie and tried to kill him. As Chris said words to the effect "I must destroy your brain" and swung at Peter with a screwdriver, Peter said "what is this like the Walking Dead  where we have two seconds of violence and talk about it for an hour?"

It seems like you have that right.

• Love 2

I have a turtle. Please don't tell Enid. And instead of gravel, I use crushed coral in his tank. If you have any eco-concerns about that, don't. It's not harvested from reefs. It's raked up off of beaches where washed up bits of dead coral are a nuisance, and then hosed off and sold to the aquarium industry. If you're a turtle, it's a crunchy, digestible calcium source that has all the bone and beak benefits of giving cuttlebone to a parakeet. Sometimes he'll just sit on the bottom of the tank for five minutes or so, grazing contently on it. The sound is similar to when you get impatient with hard candy and just crunch in and chew it.

By now you can probably see where this story is going. Since it does get eaten, not every day, but often enough, I do have to add a few pounds of it every couple years. Today was one of those times, so I stopped into the pet shop on my way to work, and suddenly my inner TWD nerd took possession of me. Picture a man who is bald on top, with long severely windblown hair on the rest of his head, wearing a Hawaiian shirt and a red cooty mask with Dr. Zoidberg's mouth thingies depicted on it, meandering around toward the aquarium supply section uncontrollably keeping up a monologue of "Coral! Where are you, Coral? I'm looking for Coral. Has anyone seen Coral? I need you back in the house, Coral..."

I don't think one person there even got the joke.

Yet, so few people look up their phones to wonder about anything... I'm really not losing much sleep over it.

• LOL 3
18 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

meandering around toward the aquarium supply section uncontrollably keeping up a monologue of "Coral! Where are you, Coral? I'm looking for Coral. Has anyone seen Coral? I need you back in the house, Coral..."

Oh, my! I'm picturing this:

coral - Google Search.png

• LOL 5