Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: White Out

• Start Topic

Has no one acknowledged the marriage because no one knows?

When everyone walks into Gold's shop, he says, "Looks like the honeymoon's been cut short". But yeah, I'd like this to come up already. I'd actually like to see Regina's face when she finds out. Hehe.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
Yeah, that's the stupidest thing he's ever tweeted (which is saying something). Sorry, guys, but if it's a deleted scene, by definition it is not canon.

I remember one writer who considered deleted scenes canon if they cut it because of time, and not because they weren't happy with the result.

We shouldn't be surprised Adam thinks there's nothing wrong with the scene.  

They could have had Henry later *actually* get rid of his Regina memories for real if he had discovered her plan to off Marion with Sidney.

Edited by Camera One
They could have had Henry later *actually* get rid of his Regina memories for real if he had discovered her plan to off Marion with Sidney.

Or it could have been Regina's price for re-mirroring Sidney... or ripping her curse in the first place like it was supposed to be!

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

I tend to think the deleted scene means that Henry doesn't have the memories of Emma raising him but does have their year in New York.  It makes everything else about Henry's actions make more sense.  Don't get me wrong, its still nonsensical but for this show the deleted scene explains everything.

Henry not having his fake memories of Emma raising him goes a long way to explain why he's suddenly hardcore back to Emma is a back up Mom and desperate for Regina to be his Mother and not go evil again.  In a world where that state of affairs before the last curse made sense.  But again, this show.  I would go so far as to say that Regina likely removed those memories herself.

Even though it makes sense, I still reject that the writers can state that stuff they deemed too insignificant to leave in is canon just because the released the scene or say so on twitter.

I do reserve the right to reverse myself if they ever show deleted scenes of Charmings and the other fairyfolk plotting to blow purple smoke up Regina's ass to keep her from going evil again.

• Love 2

So by whiting out the Henry/Rumple scene where Henry wanted to white-out his memories, they removed one of the major reasons for titling this episode White Out. Elsa created an ice barrier on the road out of town... hardly a white-out but that was one of the double meanings.  Now what was the other one?  The only white-out in that plot was makeup for Emma's face.  In the flashback, Anna whited-out David's fear of Bo Peep?  Or did David white-out Bo Peep's power?  Either way, it's a stretch.  Then, there was Snow White out and about at the electrical plant?  

• Love 1

About the Snow/Regina deleted scene... I guess it wasn't as horrible as I feared.  At least Snow was only going to Regina's to basically ask her about the power, even suggesting Regina caused the blackout.

It's kind of ridiculous the show is claiming Regina raising a baby and being mayor at the same time is such a feat, when she was basically a dictator who decided everyone's role in society indirectly via Curse and could manipulate everyone into doing what she wanted.  So how would that be difficult?  

While I'm glad we won't have to see Regina refusing to give up her mayoral-ship, they made it sound like Regina knew all along that Snow was Mayor since she casted the Curse.  So why did Regina acted like the office was hers in 3B and never said anything to Snow about it?  She even introduced herself as Mayor of Storybrooke to Henry.  Though it was a positive that Regina actually acknowledged Snow had ruled a kingdom.

So Snow wheeled the baby in the stroller all the way from the power plant to Regina's house and then all the way back?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

I liked this one. Okay the Snow plot was filler and Henry/Regina were dull but everything else worked well.

Liked the previous history with David and Anna and the idea of Bo Peep as a warlord/butcher was actually pretty inspired for the show.

Belle and Rumple just get one scene and the episode isn't hindered by that.

Still not bothered by Hook and Emma but I found Emma's scenes with Elsa a lot more interesting to watch actually.

Ice cream parlour lady is clearly the Snow Queen then. Loved the name of her shop, 8/10

While I'm glad we won't have to see Regina refusing to give up her mayoral-ship, they made it sound like Regina knew all along that Snow was Mayor since she casted the Curse.  So why did Regina acted like the office was hers in 3B and never said anything to Snow about it?  She even introduced herself as Mayor of Storybrooke to Henry.  Though it was a positive that Regina actually acknowledged Snow had ruled a kingdom.

So Snow wheeled the baby in the stroller all the way from the power plant to Regina's house and then all the way back?

I'm glad we don't have to see a power struggle, too.  But Regina's currently in a funk and planning a quest.  When that's all resolved, what will she do?  She can't just stay in yoga clothes and rattle around her big house by herself. 

As for Snow and the stroller, maybe she has a garage and a minivan that we haven't seen yet.  One of the dwarves may have a car dealership we don't know about.

Going back to that Rumple/Henry deleted scene - I don't get this whole "you come from the lineage of The Dark One". It's malarky. Rumple is cursed. Not anyone else, just him. Rumple became cursed as The Dark One almost 14 years after Baelfire was born, therefore he didn't pass down The Dark One magic genes to anyone else because he ("he" Rumple, and no one else!) was cursed. Without the curse Rumple has no magic. So, WTF, writers. Why do you keep harping on such total BS nonsense? It. Makes. No. Sense. The complete and total sum of ZERO sense. Unless Rumple saying "you come from the lineage of The Dark One" is his way of making it sound cool that Henry comes from a line of cowards, con men, and killers, it's otherwise stupid and nonsensical. Rumple's magical powers aren't hereditary; his cowardice, yes, but his magic, no. 

• Love 7

Going back to that Rumple/Henry deleted scene - I don't get this whole "you come from the lineage of The Dark One". It's malarky. Rumple is cursed. Not anyone else, just him. Rumple became cursed as The Dark One almost 14 years after Baelfire was born, therefore he didn't pass down The Dark One magic genes to anyone else because he ("he" Rumple, and no one else!) was cursed. Without the curse Rumple has no magic. So, WTF, writers. Why do you keep harping on such total BS nonsense? It. Makes. No. Sense. The complete and total sum of ZERO sense. Unless Rumple saying "you come from the lineage of The Dark One" is his way of making it sound cool that Henry comes from a line of cowards, con men, and killers, it's otherwise stupid and nonsensical. Rumple's magical powers aren't hereditary; his cowardice, yes, but his magic, no. 

Replying in the magic thread.

Just noticed something a little odd about the episode. The scene in the loft where they hear Anna's heartbeat is at night, then Henry's scene with Regina is in the day, then Emma's scene with Elsa is a night, then the ice cream shop scene is in the day. It goes from night to day to night to day in four short scenes.

Just noticed something a little odd about the episode. The scene in the loft where they hear Anna's heartbeat is at night, then Henry's scene with Regina is in the day, then Emma's scene with Elsa is a night, then the ice cream shop scene is in the day. It goes from night to day to night to day in four short scenes.

I think the scene with Emma and Elsa is actually during the day, but the wall of ice is just casting a shadow.  So basically Henry's scene with Regina was the next morning, and ditto for Emma and Elsa on the road and Grumpy at the ice cream parlour.

I think the scene with Emma and Elsa is actually during the day, but the wall of ice is just casting a shadow.

You're right. The lighting is extremely awkward there. It seriously looks like night time.

Edited by KingOfHearts

You're right. The lighting is extremely awkward there. It seriously looks like night time.

Interesting. Remember people were confused about night or day time concerning a scene in the first episode already (the scene in front of Granny's diner), while I found the beauty and the beast dance scene partially overlit (it didn't look soft and dreamy to me, just overlit). And now this scene. they seem to have some lightning challenges. The full shots seem mostly fine, with even rather natural sunlight spots, but a few of the close-ups are not easy to tell if day or night, especially the last ones (which makes me wonder when they shoot those). Forest has plenty of shadows, can be twilight-ish, and the ice wall might be a DP's nightmare, aside that it probably was a mix of on location and studio shots. Maybe the curse of HD. LOL

• Love 1

I loved Bo-Peep the warlord. Everything about her was perfect, particularly the fake flowers on her shepherd's crook. I wish the show did more of that cracked fairy tale/nursery tale sort of thing. She was great as the butcher, too.

Anna/Elsa/Kristoff stuff is also good. I find Anna charming. I did wince during some of the Anna/Charming conversations about standing up to Bo-Peep. However, since prior to this, canon was shepherd/prince impersonator picked up a sword for the first time and slew a dragon then became the dashing swordsman who fends off trained knights on the regular with no further formal training, I thought it was an improvement that at least he got a day's formal training before taking down Bo-Peep. My fanwank is that in the Enchanted Forest, people have special abilities that get woken up as they near their archetypal role. David, as the hidden prince, just needed his fairy tale gifted swordsmanship woken up by need. I'll cling to this belief unless canon makes it impossible. :)

I feel like the TPTB are in a bit of a dilemma with Snow's character due to Ginny's real life limitations. If she was still pregnant while filming this, they can't have her do action scenes and she probably has limits on how much shooting time she's got. Also, no one knows when she'll go into labor and presumably need some time off to recover. I had assumed that she delivered over the break between 3B and 4A, but she certainly looks still pregnant! 

Regina/Robin/Marian is shockingly working okay for me. I still think it was a stupid twist, but I feared a horrible Snow/David/Katherine, Part II so it is exceeding my (admittedly really, really low) bar for what I can tolerate. Regina backslid believably but caught herself and pulled herself out of it believably. It's important character growth for her that after an initial typical Regina sublimation of sadness into anger, she letting herself instead mope and actually feel the sadness. Robin was direct with Regina instead of stringing her and Marian along. The main problem I have is that Marian is an obstacle rather than a character at this point, and Marian deserves better than that. 

I feel like the TPTB are in a bit of a dilemma with Snow's character due to Ginny's real life limitations.

Ginny had her baby about six weeks before they started filming Season 4, so yes, they were limited in her availability. She gave a few interviews this season about how she struggled to leave her baby and just how exhausted she was all the time. But in case you missed it, the writers haven't had a storyline to give Snow for a couple of seasons now. She should just go back to the Enchanted Forest with Baby Snowflake. David can commute via portal #12546282 that Rumpel missed.

• Love 1

I still think Snow could have been properly integrated into the A-plot here (considering the A-plot was Snow's daughter almost freezing to death). I'm sure they were limited by Ginny's availability but the question of why they chose to use the time they had with her in the way they did still remains. They chose to write her a plotline dealing with having the mayor position thrust at her and attempting to turn the electricity on (and "buy a flashlight" was hysterical, don't get me wrong) but why separate her from the story at all? No, Ginny couldn't have been at the ice wall with everyone, but here's the thing: neither could Snow. The character has a days-old baby ... so use the baby to the story's advantage.

Snow's stuck at home with Snowflake while everything is going on at the wall. Charming keeps her updated with a couple of frantic phone calls. It would have been no more physically demanding for Ginny and would have required no more screentime (and thereby working time for Ginny) but it keeps the character involved. Because Snow's absence while everyone was gathered around Emma is glaring and the fact that there is no onscreen reaction whatsoever from a mother whose daughter almost died is ludicrous.

• Love 4

I agree. In 3B, time and time again, they had Ginny doing pointless or idiotic scenes (eg. teatime with Zelena) which did nothing for Snow as a character, or even worse, used her as a prop.  It's not the amount of screentime; it's how they used her.  Her talents are best exhibited in emotional scenes, not action scenes, anyway.

• Love 1

I love how it seems like no one even bothered to let Snow know that Emma was dying. Eh, if Emma dies, she'll get over it. She's got Snowflake now and he's all she needs. It's fascinating that the writers don't even see how bad this is. Ginny got a question on GMA this week on whether this would finally be the season where Emma and Snow bond. That the interviewer used the word "finally" says a whole lot. Mary Margaret/Emma which had been one of the best relationships on this show in Season 1 has devolved into Snow walking into the apartment where Emma is shivering, covered in blankets and looks like death and instead of showing any concern for her daughter, gets a weird jealous look about Elsa. Nice. 

• Love 4

I want an Emma & Elsa girls' night. Can they head to a bar, get drunk and have Emma play Elsa's wing man? I liked their conversation in the ice cave and it really showed off their friendship chemistry and similarities and is so much better than Emma/Regina. Notice that while Emma is possibly going to freeze to death, she doesn't blame Elsa or yell or anything. She's just cool about the whole thing (no pun intended) and has a normal conversation with Elsa. Pretty sure Elsa apologizes too. It's so refreshing.

• Love 3
On 3/7/2015 at 10:00 PM, KAOS Agent said:

I love how it seems like no one even bothered to let Snow know that Emma was dying. Eh, if Emma dies, she'll get over it. 

It's fascinating that the writers don't even see how bad this is. 

It really tells you something that the Writers had Snow enter the room and they did not think about her organic reaction to the scene.  WTF was the point of making Snow seem like she was jealous anyway? 

It's like whoever wrote that scene had only written the Snow subplot with the power outage and didn't know what had happened to Emma in this episode.

I can't think of a logical way to explain it other than concluding this was how little the Writers cared about Snow as a character or about the Snow/Emma relationship.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

I don't really like this episode. The Emma/Elsa stuff in the makeshift ice cave is good, but the flashbacks are way too heavy-handed and don't add that much. It's just another Charming centric where he learns the exact same lesson again. But Bo Peep, on the other hand, is amazing.

It would have been more realistic if Anna had arrived on the eve of Snow and Charming's wedding and Charming was self-conscious about acting the part of a royal and not messing up the coronation since he didn't know any royal protocol and he was embarrassed to ask.

But I guess they wanted instead to use the episode to prove that Anna was another strong female who could fight.   Mulan would have worked much better in this episode if it must be kept as written.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Camera One said:

It would have been more realistic if Anna had arrived on the eve of Snow and Charming's wedding and Charming was self-conscious about acting the part of a royal and not messing up the coronation since he didn't know any royal protocol and he was embarrassed to ask.

It's pretty crazy that a farmboy never had any trouble blending in as a prince or king.

• Love 1

He even knew how to dance. David at the ball in the S3 finale could so easily blend in (and that was very early in his tenure as "James") that it's hard to believe his utter incompetence here. I guess he's a prodigy. One quick lesson or look at something and he can beat seasoned soldiers with a sword and dance better than Fred Astaire. If he's not a prodigy, one wonders how a simple farm boy found the time to learn to dance while someone raised in wealth and privilege with the intent of marrying a high royal never did.

• Love 1

It's the same objection I have to

Spoiler

Hook's rapid transition from beaten down slave to confident, educated pirate captain. Not enough time to develop everything that needs developing. 

All I can think about watching the ice cave scenes is that I wish Emma would zip up her freaking jacket. 

Edited by profdanglais
  • Love 2

Hah, did Regina seriously send a crow to tell Henry not to come by? What is this, Westeroes? Just pick up your phone and call him, or send a text, you drama queen! And Henry making his mom a stereotypical break up kit, like Henry is his moms bestie or something not her son, is just so freaking weird. what twelve year old boy does this? Even when Regina is moping like a teenager off-screen, she manages to bug me!

"Thats a bit old fashioned, and thats coming from me, and I still pay with deblumes" While I usually roll my eyes at the "what are your intentions to my daughter" speech, I can give David a bit of a pass, as Hook really did used to be a sketchy guy, and David is from a medieval kingdom, so he would be a bit more old fashioned, even with his daughter. Plus, its always fun to have Hook/Charming banter. At least they let him actually have a relationship with Emma, unlike Snow, who no one even bothered to let know that Emma might be near deaths door. I mean, she has her replacement kid now, I guess she wouldn't care?

Why cant Marco try to fix the power? He still has his modern memories of being a handy man, he should know how to do that more than Snow, who is a queen/freedom fighter/elementary school teacher. "BUY A FLASHLIGHT!" Why is everyone being such a jerk to Snow, why should she magically know how to fix things? Maybe get Regina's lazy ass out of her house and get her to jazz hands it up? I did love Snow reminding everyone that they lived their whole lives without electricity, and one day without wont kill them.

The flashbacks are basically useless. I like the idea of Ana actually meeting David when he was about to marry Snow, and her helping him becoming more royal, as he really did seem to jump into that super quickly. Honestly Charming acts more like royalty a lot of time than Snow, he grew up as a princess for almost her whole life! I do love Bo Peep the war lord who is a butcher in Storeybrooke. See, thats the kind of ridiculousness I can get behind! More of that, and less of Regina and her sad faces, please! I tuned in for fractured fairy tales, and fractured moral compasses. And I do really like Ana, I just wish she could have been used better, even if they do insist on her Forrest Gumping around the world for a bit longer. I mean, it really IS the smallest multiverse, right? And I would love to know how David and Kristoff got to know each other, and well enough that David would leave Kristoff his address (I mean, its nit like Ana could look David up in the magic Yellow Pages) and name. Neither of them seemed like world travelers at this point. And that wig that they stuck on David is the most evil thing spreading in the Enchanted Forrest by far. 

The saving grace of the episode is the Elsa and Emma stuff, which really is quite good. Elsa probably comes on pretty hard, but it comes across as more desperate posturing than really being nasty, and she realizes whats going on and apologies quickly when she realizes what she is doing is actually hurting innocent people. Its nice to see Emma have a real friend again, someone who can actually get her, who she doesent have a ton of weird baggage with. I did kind of hope for Elsa to see Charming and be like "wait, YOUR her dad? Your the same age!" but I guess everyone was busy. And, Captain Swan cuddles! Yes to cuddles!

• Love 2

This one was an improvement over the previous one (mostly because of minimal Regina). I'm not crazy about Anna teaching David how to fight and have courage, but Evil Warlord Bo Peep is utterly brilliant. I just wish that bit of the plot had made a little more sense and had been better executed. But the Elsa and Emma stuff is fun, as is David and Hook trying to deal with the crisis.

The Snow side of the story makes no sense. There has to be some kind of town maintenance crew to deal with stuff like the power outage. You know Regina didn't get her hands dirty dealing with that sort of thing personally during all the years of the curse, and she didn't have magic then. There had to have been some other option other than getting a schoolteacher who gave birth a day or so ago to deal with it. On the other hand, Leroy did have a good point that they fought a war to get Snow's throne back, so she needs to lead. Why has she been just sitting back and letting Regina be in charge? Why is anyone in town tolerating that?

We have still more timeline wackiness and them forgetting what's actually happened and when. Henry hasn't been in Regina's house since she was holding him prisoner and realized she'd become her mother. They only had a few conversations after that. Then they were in Neverland, they had the one moment when Regina tucked him in (which doesn't seem like something she was prone to doing), and after that, it was Pan, not Henry. Then the curse was reversed. The battle with Zelena was the same day he got his memory back. He seems to have still been living with the Charmings, considering that Robin and Regina are having their cozy fireside date the day of the "coronation" and then the events of this episode seem to be the next day/night. It's already a bit weird that Henry's putting together a gift basket for getting over a breakup for Regina, but even more so considering that they really don't have that kind of relationship, and him demanding to be let into the house because he wants to be in his own room is odd considering he hasn't been there since she tried to keep him there with magic. The Snow stuff also has timeline issues. Snow talks about how long it's been since she slept, but it's only been a couple of days since she had the baby. She acts like his middle-of-the-night shrieking has been a routine, but she's probably only had him home from the hospital one night. And as I said above, they're expecting a woman who gave birth a couple of days ago to do major repairs to the town's electrical system.

• Love 3

I still love the Emma-Elsa scene. Snow reminding everyone that they grew up without electricity. Hook and David working together to save Emma. I hate everyone ganging up on Snow to fix the electricity. Why don't they have a crew who can do that? And if not why would they go to an elementary school teacher and princess to fix it? Why would cursed Snow or Princess Snow have any idea how to do that? I do like that she figured it out. 

That's a great idea for Anna and David! It would make so much more sense if she helped him learn how to be royal. I have hard time buying that David doesn't know how to fight. It seems unlikely for the world he lived in. Yes he was a peasant and farmer but never had to deal with drunks? Petty thieves? Someone trying to steal their animals? Especially given his father supposedly died at a young age, what everyone just decided to leave a widow and her young son and their farm alone? 

• Love 1
On 1/20/2019 at 3:53 AM, andromeda331 said:

I still love the Emma-Elsa scene. Snow reminding everyone that they grew up without electricity. Hook and David working together to save Emma. I hate everyone ganging up on Snow to fix the electricity. Why don't they have a crew who can do that? And if not why would they go to an elementary school teacher and princess to fix it? Why would cursed Snow or Princess Snow have any idea how to do that? I do like that she figured it out. 

Because they wanted to show how Regina was the best mayor there ever was. Obviously, the power outage wouldn't have lasted long if Regina were still mayor.

Edited by KingOfHearts
3 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Because they wanted to show how Regina was the best mayor there ever was.

She's such an amazing mayor that she abruptly quits her job (or, from the sounds of it, just doesn't show up, then says she doesn't want to do it anymore when they go looking for her) during a crisis because the guy she's been dating for a couple of days decides to go back to his wife.

Spoiler

And then she apparently bails on the job again when she wants to follow her adult son around -- and this is the person elected Queen of the Universe.

• Love 3

Anna (to David): "Oh look at you, all heroic now."  

I can't believe they have to spell EVERYTHING out like that.

I question Ruth's decision to send Anna to Rumplestiltskin since she knew how dangerous he was.

Spoiler

I guess she had faith that Anna would be one of the few people with the ability to outwit Rumplestiltskin.

The scene near the end when Snow comes in, David says some placating words, and everyone stares meaningfully at one another and Snow asks zero follow-up questions is so unnatural, even putting aside her not noticing Emma shivering in the chair.

Spoiler

The Staff can detect Anna's heartbeat from *that* far away?  Seriously, that thing is amazing.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

She's such an amazing mayor that she abruptly quits her job (or, from the sounds of it, just doesn't show up, then says she doesn't want to do it anymore when they go looking for her) during a crisis because the guy she's been dating for a couple of days decides to go back to his wife.

And, of course, such an amazing mayor that people are satisfied to have her continue acting as mayor despite the fact that she cursed them for decades, terrorized them for years before that, and racked up a kill list that must have included loved ones of a sizeable number of her constituents. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, companionenvy said:

And, of course, such an amazing mayor that people are satisfied to have her continue acting as mayor despite the fact that she cursed them for decades, terrorized them for years before that, and racked up a kill list that must have included loved ones of a sizeable number of her constituents. 

She's the Good Mayor, what can I say?

Edited by KingOfHearts

I know that this is always something I wish they went harder on, but it really stands out here to me for some reason, but its is so weird to me that no one on meeting Elsa is like "wait, like the character from Frozen!?" at any point. Frozen was in the height of its popularity at the time, and Emma and Henry have their memories from being normal people in New York, they cannot be the only people on the planet who didnt have Let It Go stuck in their head at some point! maybe because Frozen is a more recent story, but it really stands out how weird it is. Even beyond it being a missed opportunity for comedy and even drama, or some good old fashioned world building, its just a weird plot hole. 

I mean, its generally weird that no one finds it odd that there are stories written about them and people know the intimate details of their lives, and think it was all made up. I would sure as hell want to know why these random people know all about me, or they know a bastardized version of my life story! I would be very confused!

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I know that this is always something I wish they went harder on, but it really stands out here to me for some reason, but its is so weird to me that no one on meeting Elsa is like "wait, like the character from Frozen!?" at any point. Frozen was in the height of its popularity at the time, and Emma and Henry have their memories from being normal people in New York, they cannot be the only people on the planet who didnt have Let It Go stuck in their head at some point! maybe because Frozen is a more recent story, but it really stands out how weird it is. Even beyond it being a missed opportunity for comedy and even drama, or some good old fashioned world building, its just a weird plot hole. 

Apparently, in the timeline, the "Frozen" movie had not come out yet.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I mean, its generally weird that no one finds it odd that there are stories written about them and people know the intimate details of their lives, and think it was all made up. I would sure as hell want to know why these random people know all about me, or they know a bastardized version of my life story! I would be very confused!

I really wish we would have gotten to see that. It would have been so fun and funny to see reactions to movies and stories about them. Hook's reaction to Hook in the Disney animation and the live action movie. How are they not curious like when Emma remarks to him about perms and he takes it as that must be bad. He's not curious to see what she's talking about and horrified by Hook's perm? But getting his butt kicked by a child? David and Thomas wondering why they don't even have names in Snow White and Cinderella? Maleficent and Regina hating how they were portrayed in the movies? Plus you'd think Emma and Henry since their the only ones from our world don't feel like asking questions to each of the fairytale characters? Especially ones with different stories which one is true? Why really did Maleficent target Aurora? Asking Arthur if he really did accidentally hook up with his sister and watching him react with shock, gagging and asking where that came from? 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Camera One said:

Apparently, in the timeline, the "Frozen" movie had not come out yet.

Yeah, Frozen came out in November 2013, and as near as I can tell, given the complete lack of an attempt at a coherent timeline, this arc takes place in the spring of 2013. The show starts in October 2011 and seems to take place in more or less real time in season one, going to spring of 2012, then season 2 seems to maybe take a couple of months, 3A is about a week, there's the missing year, then a week. I believe there were already some teaser trailers earlier in the year, but the early ones just showed Sven and Olaf, not Elsa and Anna. They kind of hid the fact that this was a princess movie until the last second, so I don't think anyone in Storybrooke would have recognized Elsa in spring of 2013.

Does Storybrooke even have a movie theater?

19 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

They made a couple of references to movies, but never followed up. Neal mentioned Mulan's movie to her, but it was just a moment for her to say "What's a movie?" Even though Hook was in a place where he could be shown movies, we never saw a follow up to Emma mentioning movie Hook's perm. I guess Henry just accepted the book rather than having any interest in quizzing the fairy tale people about their lives and how they compare to the stories.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

Yeah, Frozen came out in November 2013, and as near as I can tell, given the complete lack of an attempt at a coherent timeline, this arc takes place in the spring of 2013. The show starts in October 2011 and seems to take place in more or less real time in season one, going to spring of 2012, then season 2 seems to maybe take a couple of months, 3A is about a week, there's the missing year, then a week. I believe there were already some teaser trailers earlier in the year, but the early ones just showed Sven and Olaf, not Elsa and Anna. They kind of hid the fact that this was a princess movie until the last second, so I don't think anyone in Storybrooke would have recognized Elsa in spring of 2013.

Does Storybrooke even have a movie theater?

They made a couple of references to movies, but never followed up. Neal mentioned Mulan's movie to her, but it was just a moment for her to say "What's a movie?" Even though Hook was in a place where he could be shown movies, we never saw a follow up to Emma mentioning movie Hook's perm. I guess Henry just accepted the book rather than having any interest in quizzing the fairy tale people about their lives and how they compare to the stories.

Probably not. Although the movie was hyped a lot before then as most Disney movies are. But if not then what about the Snow Queen? Its probably a long shot but its a good question about what all was part of their memory load ups or not. But David mentioned having memories as Curse David of the Mad Hatter. Did they only get fairytales from their world or all the worlds? Did Regina just guess or was it somehow all part of the curse? She didn't seem to know anything about the Snow Queen or Arendelle. But then Regina seemed to be the only one who knew the Wicked Witch was real. The Dwarves only seemed to know how to deal with her from what happened in the movie. So did they not know?  Or did they watch The Wizard of Oz? But then why were they so confused by the flying monkeys? Then again no one from EF knew seem to know anything about Pan except Rumple and Hook. Emma and Henry knew from being in our world.  It never really makes any sense who knows what and who doesn't.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 2