Type keyword(s) to search

Married At First Sight: The First Year

• Start Topic

I just looked at Jason's sister's facebook. She has a darling three year old daughter-a niece for Courtney to play with. S

Suspiciously she lives in New York, New York. What are the chances that she and Jason really haven't seen each other in all these years? Maybe she thinks that being friendly to Jason would be a betrayal of her mother. There is an interesting older picture of a good looking man (Jason's father?) and a woman (Jeanine's mother?).

In the images on Google for Hector Luis Carrion there is a younger Hector Luis who looks like Jason-maybe his younger brother?

To be honest I am not even sure that Lonnie is aware that Jamie has been using him as a weapon against Doug, I think the feelings are all in Jamie's head and Lonnie is just a convenient tool to hold over Doug's head that if he doesn't give her a baby, house, kiss her butt enough or any other of her selfish desires that she will hold Lonnie up as her perfect partner to show Doug how he is failing. Jamie is only happy when Doug puts his feelings aside to make sure Jamie is happy, yet  she never thinks to reciprocate and do anything to show her appreciation of how much crap Doug puts up with and we all know there is no hot bedroom action to make up for the craziness of Jamie's emotional needs.

• Love 4

There is no way in hell I'm going to believe that Jamie doesn't wear hair extensions and padded bra inserts anymore. Her hair changes scene to scene. She's too vain for anything else.

She's an attention whore who has to make the gender reveal announcement for her sister and be the first to hug Doug's dad and yell "surprise" the loudest at his party.

• Love 3

I can't believe that Jason's father doesn't know that the Jason Carrion on TV is his son. Even though this program is a relatively minor reality show compared with Duck Dynasty or Housewives of wherever, someone somewhere must have seen it and reported back to his father. So I do believe they are manufacturing drama on this, but just watching Courtney and how emotional she was with Jason leads me to think maybe it is on the up and up or maybe Courtney didn't get the memo that it was all fake. Whatever, I am banking that Jason has been contacted way before this from his relatives and he already has seen them.

As for Jamie, good grief. STOP SAYING MY EX!!! It is so annoying. Doug should have put his foot down from the get-go that he didn't care to meet The Ex in any way shape or form. They don't need to meet and they sure as hell don't need to be friends. Jamie isn't stupid...she knows this is ridiculous. The show wants drama and this whole thing was invented.

One good thing to come from this show....you can really tell that Jason and Courtney truly love each other. There's no faking that.

I heard Jason say that the sister was older and then at one point Cortney asked him if she and Jason were visiting his dad at the same time. Makes me suspect that Jason's mom was the other woman and the father's wife kicked him out, but perhaps they got back together and she didn't want Jason around as a reminder? Who knows, just a thought I had. Or the father's been married several times

I just looked at Jason's sister's facebook. She has a darling three year old daughter-a niece for Courtney to play with. S

Suspiciously she lives in New York, New York. What are the chances that she and Jason really haven't seen each other in all these years? Maybe she thinks that being friendly to Jason would be a betrayal of her mother. There is an interesting older picture of a good looking man (Jason's father?) and a woman (Jeanine's mother?).

In the images on Google for Hector Luis Carrion there is a younger Hector Luis who looks like Jason-maybe his younger brother?

Yes, these mystery relatives were, no doubt, contacted before any television exposure occurred.  For Jason's sister's photo and full name to be clearly splashed across the screen implies that she was consulted beforehand and gave her consent.

Even if the storyline of Jason wanting to meet his paternal side of the family is somewhat contrived, it is at least very realistic.   I do believe Jason is authentic in his wishes to know more about his father, even though I, too, question the wisdom in discovering everything, particularly his mother's part in this (as others have posted above, what if his mother was, in fact, the "other woman," thus making his birth the result of an extramarital affair?)

About Jamie's incessantly referring to her old boyfriend as "my ex:"  How weird.  I have always thought of an "ex" as an ex-husband or ex-wife, not an ex-boyfriend, especially one who was not exclusively committed to you (as in the case of Jamie's "ex." ). 

About Jamie's incessantly referring to her old boyfriend as "my ex:"  How weird.  I have always thought of an "ex" as an ex-husband or ex-wife, not an ex-boyfriend, especially one who was not exclusively committed to you (as in the case of Jamie's "ex." ). 

I find it horribly insulting to Doug for Jaimie to pronounce this other man as her 'best friend'. I think that's just ignorant of Jaimie and wrong and hurtful to Doug.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 9

Agreed!  And esp. if you want him to meet your husband.  I have one "ex" with whom I keep very vaguely in touch and see every couple of years when he is in town for some reason, and before Mr. P met him I just called him "a guy I used to date."  The whole "my ex" and "best friend" BS is very wearing.  So is season three of Married at First Sight: The First Year" going to actually be watching these fools make up controversy in year 3 of their marriage?

Jamie has way too many needs both emotionally and physically. I think she feels that she's too good for Doug. Jamie wants Doug to be romantic, to surprise her with gifts, to treat her like a princess. But she's quick to criticize him for dishes he left in the sink when he was still eating his sandwich. She's quick to criticize him for sending the car payment money to his parents then having them mail in the car payment. I agree with her there, but she could have approached it differently. She could have said "Doug, get the car payment book from them and we can start mailing the payments from here, I'll help you organize your bills."

Jamie wants married life to be like a fairy tale, and we all know that rarely if ever happens that way. She has a very idealized concept of what marriage is. She wants romance and doesn't realize yet that nagging, badgering and bossing Doug around will not give him any inspiration to be romantic with her. Those small instances start putting up barriers in a marriage unless they're worked out pretty quickly. With Jamie, everything is all about her and her needs. Anyone else comes second. I don't think she'll ever change.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 2

Yes, these mystery relatives were, no doubt, contacted before any television exposure occurred.  For Jason's sister's photo and full name to be clearly splashed across the screen implies that she was consulted beforehand and gave her consent.

Just a thought but it could be that he was looking during taping and they got in touch with the relatives after seeing he was but before show was edited and such for tv. Who knows really but I do find it a bit odd and confusing how it all is with this right now. 

SaucyMommy commented that these folks have all seemed too emotionally troubled to participate in this experiment. I'm starting to think that's a *requirement* to participate. This does not strike me as something a person who is even vaguely emotionally healthy would do.

• Love 2

Yeah, why can't she be best friends with her husband? I'm so over her coquettishness with Doug while she's trying to convince him she's right.

Perfect word!  Coquettishness.  That is exactly the best word to describe the way she was acting -- and I do mean "acting" -- when she and Doug were in the batting cage.

Agreed!  And esp. if you want him to meet your husband.  I have one "ex" with whom I keep very vaguely in touch and see every couple of years when he is in town for some reason, and before Mr. P met him I just called him "a guy I used to date."  The whole "my ex" and "best friend" BS is very wearing.  So is season three of Married at First Sight: The First Year" going to actually be watching these fools make up controversy in year 3 of their marriage?

...and the more I think about the "my ex" thing with Jamie, I have come to the conclusion -- besides the fact that the girl really does lack self awareness - that she is one of those people who preface every noun with "my."   For instance, have you ever gone into a store such as Best Buy, Staples, etc., etc., and asked the "associate" where you might find the HP Laptops or whatever?  The answer you get in return is, "My HPs are in aisle 5 and my Acers are in Aisle 6," and so on?

Another example:  You have a friend whom you've known most of your life. When conversing with this person she brings up her sister, Emily, whom you have also known almost your entire life.  But does she refer to "Emily" as Emily?  Never!  It's "my sister this," and "my sister that...."    I am thinking it must be an egocentric personality trait, but it sure does grate on your nerves when hearing it every five seconds from Jamie on every episode.

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Love 3

The "my ex" thing doesn't bother me as a descriptor. Yeah, they weren't married, but they were together for 6 years and lived together, so it's a significant relationship. I call my ex-boyfriend of 5 years "my ex" if I need to refer to him for some reason (although I don't talk about him even 1/1000th as much as Jamie talks about hers). I do believe, however, that you should not refer to more than one of your ex-boyfriends as your "ex." Save that for the significant one, if there is a significant one. (Jamie probably has several "my exes.")

I guess that's why I wouldn't refer to anyone as "my ex" - because to me that phrase really means "ex-husband" rather than "ex-boyfriend" - of whom I could have few or plenty, but they all have the same status - ex-boyfriend.  Unless he was around for enough years to qualify as "common law husband", it's still just an ex boyfriend.  No more.  

• Love 2

We have talked about it briefly in the Season 3 social media thread, on FYI at the end of each episode starting from this weeks there will be an extra 15 minutes of Jamie interviewing this years participants on their thoughts about it.

jamie_10.jpg

Edited by crazychicken
  • Love 1

This is very appropriate, because Jamie is always seeking an extra 15 minutes.

Brilliant, Clare! Love it.

UGHHHH, i hope that this wont become the Jamie show or " poor Jamie show"

ughhhhhhh

Look at what she's wearing! Ha. Of course it's always all about Jamie when it comes to Jamie. She really lucked into the golden goose when she decided to stay with Doug. Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 2

OK, this new, 15-minute show is officially titled "Marriage at First Sight: Unfiltered: (Episode Title)" Tonight's premiere discussed the newest MAFS episode, "Celebrations."

Between Jamie's overbleached ferret fangs, her peekaboo leggings and her exaggerated, over-the-top, melodramatic reaction shots during the interviews, this brainiac-show was of course all about Jamie...in Jamie's mind.

Also, I hope I misunderstood her goodbye message? Did she say, please join me on Married Life and on MAFS: The First Year? What is Married Life? ANOTHER Jamie show? She's gotta be sleeping with somebody not named Doug..

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 3

Married Life is clips recorded by the season 1 couples on a personal camera for the youtube channel it started rather suddenly when all the season 2 marriages exploded to bide time while they recorded the second season of First Year.

• Love 1

Oh Jamie hit the jackpot when she became friends with a FYI executive producer named Liz Fine, that is how she got the Atlanta gig. All her pleading for her fans went unnoticed until this chic came on the scene, Jamie interacts with her more than Doug on social media.

• Love 4
Oh Jamie hit the jackpot when she became friends with a FYI executive producer named Liz Fine, that is how she got the Atlanta gig

Does Jaimie have incriminating evidence against her or something?  I do not know why they think Jaimie is going to be the break out star of this series.

• Love 1

Her unfiltered segments on Season 3 are just horrible

She is not a journalist, journalist do not include their personal stories  in the interview

I personally do not want to know about someones "first" time.  Especially for Jamie to talk about her first time with Doug

I hope if anyone with the production company reads these comments, they will realize she is not the one to help them with the show.

I guess since i am talking about her, that they are actually getting what they want.

• Love 3

What I have learned from Jaimie's segments:

Jamie first time making love to Doug sucked.  Wait...these segments are not supposed to be about Jamie?

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 3

What I have learned from Jaimie's segments:

Jamie first time making love to Doug sucked.  Wait...these segments are not supposed to be about Jamie?

Well that would be news to her. She clearly thinks its about her, her time with Doug and her facial expressions. I couldn't even watch it all after seeing her ask them all about the texting and being so one sided. UGH

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 3

When do these segments air?

They are on FYI straight after the episode and available the next day on youtube, you are not missing much but Jamie mugging for the cameras. If you google married at first sight youtube the channel should be the first link, sorry I can't link on my tablet

• Love 1

Just watched the latest installment. Noticed for the first time that the title card actually says "With Jamie Otis." It's definitely a vanity project for her.

Whoever is producing and directing the segments definitely has some kind of personal stake in Jamie's success, imo. The camera focuses on her at least an equal amount of time as her interviewees, if not longer. She is really so over-the-top with her phony reaction shots.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 3

I'm seeing the sneak-peeks for the new shows coming up in March and Neph and Jasmine appear to be featured as a third couple right along with the other two.  This really bothers me for no particular reason, but it does. 

• Love 4

I'm seeing the sneak-peeks for the new shows coming up in March and Neph and Jasmine appear to be featured as a third couple right along with the other two.  This really bothers me for no particular reason, but it does. 

Production is killing the show.

1) Jamie & Doug are not engaging, and Jamie is irritating to many viewers.

2) Jason's father struggle is a horrible story line

3) Imposing Neph and Jasmine on viewers who have been with the show longer than an unmarried couple who were not married at first sight is insulting to the viewers.

• Love 3

3) Imposing Neph and Jasmine on viewers who have been with the show longer than an unmarried couple who were not married at first sight is insulting to the viewers.

You are right on with all these points. To bad they don't see this and understand what we are all seeing with how the show is at this point. 

• Love 1

There is no more story to Jamie, Doug, Courtney, and Jason.  The truth is now they all have been married way more then a year.  The problem is that none of the season 2 marriages worked out, so they are continuing with the original couples.  The fact that they have to add Neph into the mix ( a guy who was never married at first sight), just shows you how desperate they are.

The only thing left is the inevitable "Jamie will leave Doug in the dust as soon as she realizes the coupling is no longer lucrative for her fame whoring career" special.

• Love 2

And I don't blame Jason for bringing up the debt. I would be extremely uncomfortable if I married someone with so much debt and then he just announced to me he wanted to open up his own business with no reasonable plan. Where is the common sense here?!?!

I didn't watch much of the first season. I thought Courtney was an office manager or something and now she is a makeup artist. (?)

I assume they are probably getting paid well for doing these shows. Could anyone please explain the debt issues?

Jesus, Doug, don't work too hard to get that FYI check. Doug couldn't be more checked out if he tried.<br /><br />Still don't care about Neph or Jason's family. Actually I don't think I care about my of these people.

• Love 4