Type keyword(s) to search

Married At First Sight: The First Year

• Start Topic

I agree if he is the yearned for ex then it is weird even by Jamie's standards.

I did a quick snoop on Lonnie's Facebook and Linked In and something do fit

There is this picture of his two sons that he posted 5 years ago and they look like older teenagers then.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=102569016447280&set=pb.100000825476140.-2207520000.1448133235.&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-xaf1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F27036_102569016447280_884242_n.jpg%3Foh%3D61c5bf29d497904fe3d9002a80981ccc%26oe%3D56EE04FA&size=320%2C240

I can't find an age for him but his Linked In has he did an associates degree form 1987-1989 and he has owned his business for 23 years so my guess is he around 46 at a minimum. His business is about 15 minutes from Jamie's hometown.

Before the show came out Lonnie & Jamie did a radio interview promoting the wedding song, they do not speak to each other but Jamie calls Lonnie one of her closest friends

http://1037qcountry.com/wake-up-q/lonnie-park-jamie-otis-and-married-at-first-sight/

That is as far as I went as I feel like a stalker already and it all could be coincidence.

The ex is indeed Lonnie. I have avoided saying his name so far because it seemed that he had refrained from involving himself in this show this far and I didn't want to put his business out there. But I figured it was only a matter of time before someone was able to dig it up. That plus apparently he'll be on the episode next week...

And yeah, the fact that he wrote her wedding song for this show not long after she had broken up with him has had my eyebrows raised over the legitimacy of this "marriage" from the beginning.

Edited by Inf0rm4nt
  • Love 3

Right up Jamie's alley. Semi-celebrity status, older, seems rather chill, a bit better looking than Doug (facially anyway), a musician. Jamie being jamie I bet she thinks every song he's written since has been about her and that's why she's falling back in love with him.

Seems like this was all just a ploy to make him jealous or at least hopefully get him to reconsider if losing her was worth it. The fact that he wrote her song (which I found strange & a bit forced even when they first aired the episode) is pretty weird. Seems like he enjoys being desired to be honest if he's leading her on.Most guys usually know when we've got a girl wrapped around our finger; he clearly has the power to ruin Doug's & Jamie's relationship. If he decided he wanted her back, she'd drop Doug like a sack of bricks.

• Love 2

I just can't believe someone would be so selfish as to enter a blind marriage while still in love with their ex, which Jamie clearly is, otherwise she would've done the wise thing and cut off any contact with the guy ages ago. You can't just decide to fall out of love with someone, because it's the rational thing to do. That's not how it works. So if him not wanting more kids was the only reason they broke up, then I can see why she'd have a hard time getting over him. She's just making infinitely harder by keeping in constant contact with him. How does she ever expect to move on, if she doesn't let him go? Delusional! As long as she needs him and calls him her best friend, she hasn't moved on. So unfair to Doug, who didn't choose to be put in this position. No wonder he seems more fed up each episode. I would think the bare minimum requirement for participants of this "experiment" would be that they're truly single and not hung up on anyone. I wonder if Dr C. had any idea about the situation, since he was defending her so hard. Or was it all about his own ego?

• Love 4

Lonnie Park may be enjoying or benefiting from the exposure, it's all part of a larger plot.

Wonder why the producers made an episode where both females appeared to be over the top demanding.  Cortney with her 'ask me to take your last name', although when sitting at the bar in the water park the 'I want a diamond' thing was a little contrived by the end of the conversation.  Jaimie was simply portraying her usual character, so the producers were not working their magic on her.

Poor Doug probably entered into this social experiment with good intentions and now finds himself in this spot.  Kind of like Davina and that creep Sean from MAFS season 2.

• Love 2

Poor Doug probably entered into this social experiment with good intentions and now finds himself in this spot.  Kind of like Davina and that creep Sean from MAFS season 2.

Only difference being that Davina was kind of insufferable herself. 

• Love 2

Yeah Doug sold his soul a long time ago for that MAFS check.   I think if season 2 would have gone as plan and those couples would have been on first year He would have ditched Jamie by now but since those couples imploded in epic fashion, he has stuck it out. 

• Love 3

The ex is indeed Lonnie. I have avoided saying his name so far because it seemed that he had refrained from involving himself in this show this far and I didn't want to put his business out there. But I figured it was only a matter of time before someone was able to dig it up. That plus apparently he'll be on the episode next week...

And yeah, the fact that he wrote her wedding song for this show not long after she had broken up with him has had my eyebrows raised over the legitimacy of this "marriage" from the beginning.

I happen to know Jamie and Lonnie too.  I grew up near Jamie and she has always been after the spotlight and me and all of my friends always thought she was crazy and a fake. I think Jamie is all lies and has made this all up for tv because Lonnie's had another gf for a long time (I live nearby and I think his gf is even living there) There's a lot of ppl who felt sorry for him and what Jamie did with the other tv crap and I bet he doesn't want to get dragged into this show, he's a really nice guy. 

• Love 1

I happen to know Jamie and Lonnie too. I grew up near Jamie and she has always been after the spotlight and me and all of my friends always thought she was crazy and a fake. I think Jamie is all lies and has made this all up for tv because Lonnie's had another gf for a long time (I live nearby and I think his gf is even living there) There's a lot of ppl who felt sorry for him and what Jamie did with the other tv crap and I bet he doesn't want to get dragged into this show, he's a really nice guy.

I agree that Lonnie is a nice guy from what I've seen of him, and I've never had any personal problem with him - which is why I didn't want to put his name out there until others discovered it.

I do know that he's been dating someone else and probably did not want to be involved in this show, but I do find him writing the wedding song with her suspicious - not in that I thnk that Jamie's still been romantically involved with him while on the show, but as more evidence that Jamie was never serious about this whole thing from the beginning.

Edited by Inf0rm4nt
  • Love 1

It seems to me that Lonnie is not really into Jamie and her wierd games (going on t.v. to marry in order to make him jealouse).  However, why the heck he is getting dragged into this show (beyond exposure for his band ) is beyond me.

You can tell from those pictures that Jaimie is totally smitten with Lonnie, where she can barely stand Doug touching her.

Lonnie really does not look that much older than Jamie, but then a lot of people do not really believe that Jamie is 29.

• Love 2

Now I really hope this whole thing is a sham Doug and Jamie are in cahoots about from the beginning. Because if Doug really is finding out this ex history now thinking there was a chance of them having a real marriage thats just awful. Jamie is a special kind of shitty to have the wedding song written by her ex if that's true, with Doug in the dark about it.

• Love 3

If Lonnie is in a committed relationship then this is probably a fake story line for Doug and Jamie.  As other people have said, the show did not expect to have to go back to the first season people.  In fact, the title of the show makes no sense, because everyone has passed their first year of marriage.

• Love 1

Yeah, I am totally lost about it. I was scrolling through and they've been involved for a long time. She even went to the grammy's with him. So clearly this is a serious relationship. If this is true, this show is faker than fake. Much like the Courtney and Jason drama - fake

At least with Courtney and Jason, I believe the relationship is real.  I have no idea if they will last for the long run, but I do think they were sincere about their motives.

Either Jamie never had feelings for Doug and only stayed in the marriage for the fame and money or the Lonnie story line is just to stir the pot for an otherwise content couple (personally, I think the former rather then the latter is true).

Whatever the truth is...there is no reason for these stupid fake story lines.

• Love 1

Well, it seems from comments on Jamie's FB page, Doug's family and family friends are taking up for Jamie.  Even saying what we see on tv, is TV, and they know better.  Also, that the segments were filmed a long time ago.  I remember 8-10 months ago (when this season was being filmed) Jamie was constantly posting on Twitter and FB about how wonderful her marriage was.   So either the show is fake or the marriage is fake.   

I wonder what Lonnie's girlfriend thinks of all this drama with Jamie.  It would piss me off if I were in her position and everyone was watching the ex-girlfriend on tv crying over her current boyfriend.   Whether Jamie is faking it or not, it is WRONG.

Edited by tinypeanut
  • Love 2

I don't think Lonnie having a girlfriend really matters. This is Jamie we're talking about. That woman is nothing if not delusional. I'm sure she thinks she could have him back any time if she so wished, because she dumped him. Sounds crazy, but again, this is Jamie we're talking. After all they're still "best friends" according to her, so she probably thinks she's the one that got away for him.

I just don't think Doug is faking. He seems like a different person this season, worn out and hopeless.

• Love 2

I don't think Lonnie having a girlfriend really matters. This is Jamie we're talking about. That woman is nothing if not delusional. I'm sure she thinks she could have him back any time if she so wished, because she dumped him. Sounds crazy, but again, this is Jamie we're talking. After all they're still "best friends" according to her, so she probably thinks she's the one that got away for him.

I just don't think Doug is faking. He seems like a different person this season, worn out and hopeless.

Agree with this. And especially the part about Doug looking like that. You can totally see the difference in him. He looks like she sucked the life from him. I cringe when I hear Jamie talking because she is so out there in her thoughts and has no clue at all about the real world going on around her.

• Love 1

This whole ex thing with Jamie was so made up for the show. It's so fake and scripted. Now I see they are having another show about where to go on dates in Manhattan. Blah!

This whole ex thing with Jamie was so made up for the show. It's so fake and scripted. Now I see they are having another show about where to go on dates in Manhattan. Blah!

• Love 1

Neph's girlfriend Jasmine is an annoying pain in the ass. She's so immature and unrealistic. She thinks a few ties of his that are hanging on one hanger in the closet is taking up too much room and has to go to make more room for her stuff?  She even gave him an ultimatum, get the ties out or ship my stuff back to Texas. Well, if I was Neph I'd say 'adios chiquita' and go get some big packing boxes. What are these two doing on this show anyway?  I guess they had some blank spots to fill in from missing the other couples that didn't pan out and threw this couple in to fill up space.

All I can say to Jamie, is 'go girl'. Go to the old man ex-boyfriend and be done with it. Stop the whining and complaining and get out of Doug's life. Go live with your 'best friend'. After six months, you'll be crying to the new/old boyfriend that you still have a thing for Doug. You just can't be satisfied with what you have, can you? You will always want what you don't have.

Jason has a lot of anger towards his father, and rightly so. But Jason doesn't know the circumstance as to why his father left and started a whole new family. There's always two sides to a story and Jason only knows one side. It seems that it worked out for the father since the photos show him with his other children. I don't know if opening up this bee hive of emotions was a great idea. Sometimes it's easier to deal with old hurt rather than risking new ones. Emailing his half sister is a big risk for Jason. She might not want to have anything to do with him, there's old wounds there that have healed with time, he's going to reopen those and maybe she doesn't want that. Any rejected by her would certainly hurt Jason even more. I guess we'll find out.

• Love 3

This whole ex thing with Jamie was so made up for the show. It's so fake and scripted.

But remember she still has her stuff at his house that she needs to pick up. She has been without this stuff at least a year and 1/2 but

now she needs it????

I doubt even knows what stuff she left behind.

Isn't it an invasion of privacy for the show to display the Facebook page of Jason's half sister Jeanine without her prior approval? It was shown clearly, Jeanine Carrion-Cimmino. Of course I went to check out her Facebook page and she resembles Jason a lot. She's really pretty. This display must have been agreed to way in advance, otherwise I think there is a potential lawsuit there.

15805_892528914104928_625325454869022925

Ok so 7 episodes of this and NOTHING has been resolved. Nothing has changed. Yet, I'm 7 weeks in and I still am utterly annoyed by Jamie. I don't know WHY she is so insistent on the fact that Doug and her EX meet. I hate that she calls him "My EX". Call him by name. And I'm sorry but no one is friends with their ex's without one of the people have feelings. It just really doesn't happen. Typically if they say it's amicable it's been YEARS in between and it's for the sake of children. These two have nothing binding them together and she needs to move on. I truly believe no one is more delusional now than Jamie.

• Love 5

I was wondering the same thing, HumblePi. Of course I checked her FB after it was displayed on screen. I'm thinking she must make an appearance on the show, since surely they couldn't have shown her details to the world otherwise? They blurred out the pics in that envelope, so it does seem like they're concerned with people's privacy to some extent.

Jamie still storing stuff at Lonnie's place certainly doesn't help her case. Sounds like she hightailed it out of there straight to the altar. Seriously messed up. There are rebounds and then there is marrying a complete stranger to get over your ex you're still in constant contact with who wrote your wedding song. Crazy. I love how Doug's motivation to meet him is to get Jamie's stuff, so she doesn't have any reason to meet him again, while Jamie thinks they're all gonna be friends now.

Jasmine is awfully demanding for someone who'll get live in a nice house for free.

• Love 2

Neph is a moron. Jasmine is a moron. Good, I got my commentary on those two out of the way ;)

Jason turns into a total asshole whenever he talks about his father and his side of the family. I get that he is angry but yowza. He doesn't have to take it out on Cortney, who I think surprisingly is handling all of this very well. I think if Jason ever did talk to his father he would just get pissed off immediately and his father would not be able to tell him anything that would make him feel better about the situation anyway. I know a bit about this kind of thing because my father and I are estranged (my choice, after a lifetime of him treating me very poorly), and honestly the best way to deal with it is to accept that your father isn't a great dad, and just kind of forgive him for it. Sometimes you just need to say "you know what, he's not the father I want him to be, and that's okay, because I had a great mother and have a great (wife, friends, career, etc)."

Jamie pushing her ex on Doug is annoying as fuck. She has no self-awareness. Agree that she needs to stop calling him "my ex." Why not call him "my best friend" if that is a more accurate descriptor now?

• Love 4

I can't believe that Jason's father doesn't know that the Jason Carrion on TV is his son. Even though this program is a relatively minor reality show compared with Duck Dynasty or Housewives of wherever, someone somewhere must have seen it and reported back to his father. So I do believe they are manufacturing drama on this, but just watching Courtney and how emotional she was with Jason leads me to think maybe it is on the up and up or maybe Courtney didn't get the memo that it was all fake. Whatever, I am banking that Jason has been contacted way before this from his relatives and he already has seen them.

As for Jamie, good grief. STOP SAYING MY EX!!! It is so annoying. Doug should have put his foot down from the get-go that he didn't care to meet The Ex in any way shape or form. They don't need to meet and they sure as hell don't need to be friends. Jamie isn't stupid...she knows this is ridiculous. The show wants drama and this whole thing was invented.

One good thing to come from this show....you can really tell that Jason and Courtney truly love each other. There's no faking that.

• Love 4

Oh Jamie called this the "mid show finale" on her IG and said the show takes a break while MAFS season 3 airs, so I guess we don't have to wait another year to find out what happens, just a couple of months.

She also said in her blog that she's writing a book. What a surprise!

Edited by MsPH
  • Love 3

Oh Jamie called this the "mid show finale" on her IG and said the show takes a break while MAFS season 3 airs, so I guess we don't have to wait another year to find out what happens, just a couple of months.

She also said in her blog that she's writing a book. What a surprise!

Nothing but a fame whore - riding her 15 minutes and getting as much cash as she can. Clearly she's no longer a RN because we never see her going anywhere or doing anything. What a waste.

• Love 3

Doug looks gaunt and unhappy.  He does not do a very good job of maintaining his beard, so it looks like mange all over his face.  I remember the breezy guy at that alter who was happily introducing himself to Jaimie's family.  He might as well be a totally different person.   I cosign with the poster who think him being married to Jamie as sucked the life out of him and he might be better off, when they part ways (I am sorry, but I do not see this marriage lasting forever).

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 2

Jason turns into a total asshole whenever he talks about his father and his side of the family. I get that he is angry but yowza.

When he talked about his step-siblings, I thought he said some were older than him and some were younger. Did anyone catch that?

Was his dad with more than one other woman/wife?

When he talked about his step-siblings, I thought he said some were older than him and some were younger. Did anyone catch that?

Was his dad with more than one other woman/wife?

I heard Jason say that the sister was older and then at one point Cortney asked him if she and Jason were visiting his dad at the same time. Makes me suspect that Jason's mom was the other woman and the father's wife kicked him out, but perhaps they got back together and she didn't want Jason around as a reminder? Who knows, just a thought I had. Or the father's been married several times.

• Love 3

I'm guessing there are multiple baby mama's for Jason's dad. The only thing I thought was he didn't likely just treat Jason one way and the kids another. Just cause there are pictures of him with other kids - doesn't mean those kids don't have serious issues with their dad too. He's probably a dickface to all the kids. Maybe Jason is lucky he doesn't have to deal with him. 

• Love 3

Huh - don't know that it means anything, but it's been established that Jamie's mother got around quite a bit because Jamie does not know who her father is, even after (four, I think) different men were DNA tested. 

I'm surmising that Jason's mother was not married to his father, but the father was probably married to someone else. This kind of thing happens more often than people want to let on. If I'm wrong, I'll certainly apologize, but that's my guess for today.

Just seems strange that at least two people with very shaky or non-existent parental connections would end up going on a show where you legally marry a totally stranger. Paging Dr. Freud!

• Love 3

Neph is a moron. Jasmine is a moron. Good, I got my commentary on those two out of the way ;)

Jason turns into a total asshole whenever he talks about his father and his side of the family. I get that he is angry but yowza. He doesn't have to take it out on Cortney, who I think surprisingly is handling all of this very well. I think if Jason ever did talk to his father he would just get pissed off immediately and his father would not be able to tell him anything that would make him feel better about the situation anyway. I know a bit about this kind of thing because my father and I are estranged (my choice, after a lifetime of him treating me very poorly), and honestly the best way to deal with it is to accept that your father isn't a great dad, and just kind of forgive him for it. Sometimes you just need to say "you know what, he's not the father I want him to be, and that's okay, because I had a great mother and have a great (wife, friends, career, etc)."

Jamie pushing her ex on Doug is annoying as fuck. She has no self-awareness. Agree that she needs to stop calling him "my ex." Why not call him "my best friend" if that is a more accurate descriptor now?

I will say that Cortney is handling it well for sure. Its a hard spot to be in. I know how it is. My husband doesn't know his dad and a friend of mine as well. We don't really discuss this stuff. I know my husband's half sister called years ago. He was at work so I spoke to her the first time and he talked to her later on though. That was probably 7-8 yrs ago. We never really spoke to her again. We tried to email a couple times and sent a family gift for Christmas one year. We did get a thank you card but nothing ever again. He has 2 half brothers and a half sister. Plus we were told by this half sister that he also had another brother that was put up for adoption. My husband is the oldest btw. Our kids don't know the cousins they have on that end at all. Its crazy how that can be. I will say from my side of things that I have wondered if he thinks about them and how he feels but I do not bring it up or discuss it. I leave it to him if he wants to at all. I have no clue what the story is on why his dad left when he was a baby. I just know that sometimes its good to have both sides of the stories on these things and just assume one was right. If you don't know either side to find out if you want to get that closure on it. Getting angry and bottling that up isn't any good obviously. With Jason's story though it does sound like his dad got around. I understand being angry but find out why he wasn't there. What if it was something to do with his mom? I know he worships his mom and she can't give answers now but he doesn't even really know why his dad was gone. I'm taking it though he had some sort of contact with him in the past though if he did with a half sister too. I'm a little confused on it all at times because of how much they jump around on it and cut out.  

Jamie is just always going to be about herself and nothing else. Her sister calls to say they want to marry in a couple weeks and she is making it about her. How she wanted to plan it all and so on. Seriously Doug needed to put his foot down on this ex thing when she said his name the first time. As others said why is stuff still at this guy's house? Give me a break. I bet if Doug had stood up on the topic of the ex and put his foot down that Jamie would have plotted away of them all running into each other at some point. This whole thing is so stupid. If one loves their husband/wife and respects them this is not how they act. Any exs would be gone. 

• Love 2

I heard Jason say that the sister was older and then at one point Cortney asked him if she and Jason were visiting his dad at the same time. Makes me suspect that Jason's mom was the other woman and the father's wife kicked him out, but perhaps they got back together and she didn't want Jason around as a reminder? Who knows, just a thought I had. Or the father's been married several times.

Wow I think you've hit the nail right on the head with this. I saw the paperwork that Jason and Cortney opened and his father's name was clearly printed on the top, 'Hector Louis Carrion'. Jason's mother met his father at United Cerebral Palsy of New York, Brooklyn Rehab Campus. Jason said his mother was working there at the time. I'm pretty convinced now that Jason's mother was the 'other woman' who had an affair with Hector Luis Carrion and Jason was the outcome of the affair. I think his father might have been married and had a daughter Jeanine, who is 35 years old now (she lives in Staten Island) then Jason was born out of wedlock and his father went back to his wife and had another son and possible other children with her. OR...... Hector Luis was divorced, met Jason's mother and met her then divorced her and met another woman and had more children with her.  OR.... Hector never married Jason's mother at all but gave his last name to Jason.

Now I have to get working on the Jamie and Doug mystery. She said that her ex-boyfriend lives in the same town where she grew up and where her sisters still live. Doug commented that Jamie's ex can sing. Jamie and the ex. wrote the song that they used for the wedding between Doug and Jamie, the one on the beach in St. Thomas. That's pretty bizarre. So, Jamie grew up in Dryden, New York.  How many singer/songwriters could there possibly be in Dryden, NY?

• Love 2

It's already been established that Jamie's ex is Lonnie Park and the song they wrote together was used for their first dance at the original wedding. Doug played it on his phone in some episode this season too, which is weird now considering everything. I guess he was under the illusion that the ex was was ancient history for Jamie.

• Love 2

It's already been established that Jamie's ex is Lonnie Park and the song they wrote together was used for their first dance at the original wedding. Doug played it on his phone in some episode this season too, which is weird now considering everything. I guess he was under the illusion that the ex was was ancient history for Jamie.

I missed that! But I imagined her ex-boyfriend and best friend as a much older man in his 50's at least. I must have heard her wrong when she described him. But she did say he has children, right?  Thanks for the info.

• Love 1

I missed that! But I imagined her ex-boyfriend and best friend as a much older man in his 50's at least. I must have heard her wrong when she described him. But she did say he has children, right?  Thanks for the info.

If you go into the last episode thread you will see that he has two sons that appeared to be older teenagers when he posted their photo 5 years ago, and while I am not sure of Lonnie's age he has owned his business for 23 years. He has a girlfriend who is older as she has 3 teenage daughters herself, she is quite pretty and they have been dating for a while as they attended the Grammy's together in February this year.

If you go into the last episode thread you will see that he has two sons that appeared to be older teenagers when he posted their photo 5 years ago, and while I am not sure of Lonnie's age he has owned his business for 23 years. He has a girlfriend who is older as she has 3 teenage daughters herself, she is quite pretty and they have been dating for a while as they attended the Grammy's together in February this year.

Now I'm getting the distinct feeling that all this mumbo-jumbo about Jamie's ex being her 'best friend' is all another hunk of bologna being fed to us when in fact it's just another way that this farce of a show has intentions of creating drama in addition to furthering the career of Lonnie. I'm sure it's all being done with his blessings since it gives him free public exposure and recognition. 

• Love 2