Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

ShaNaeNae
  • Start Topic

I know that it's far too late for me to be up when I look at Mo and Dani's wedding photo and think, his boutonnière flower matches her bouquet! They coordinate! He does love her! His excuses are legit! They'll be married forever!!!!!

Shipping Dani and Mo is probably a sign of a serious problem... so glad the finale is coming up so that I can put this all behind me and focus on "The Bachelor."

• Love 2

My ratings are based on looks only. Amy just isn't the best looking girl to appear on this show. 10s Paola and Kirlyam, 8s Justin, Amy, Aziza, and Evelin 7s Mohammad, Russ, Danny, Yasmir, and Chelsea 5s Cassia, Jason, and Daya 4s Aya, Louis, and Mike 2s Alan 1s Danielle and Brett. I think a lot of people base rating guys or girls off of personality. After watching both seasons there are two type of guys who go for a mail order bride: I want the best looking girl (Alan and Mike) or the guy who wants someone similar to their looks (Louis Justin and Jason). I miss the awkwardness and ridiculousness of Mike and the Russian. This season is missing the male train wreck. I feel bad for laughing at Danielle, but Mike was fair game.

I asked you politely to snark on clothing, makeup, whatever. But yet some of you continue to discuss people's personal looks or body shape when asked not to. If you want to continue in this line of posting, with ratings or outright stating you are going to talk about someone's personal looks (which they oftentimes have no control over), I will not be so friendly. Move on to another topic.

• Love 5

I just noticed his suit is bulging at his belly. Sad. Whoever mentioned the pictures were for the visa - good point. I still don't think its a legit marriage. I think dani knows it too. I think she has known all along its a business arrangement

• Love 1

You know, I was wondering why Dani didn't rent a dress. You can do that. Wear it one time and then what.... look at it in your closet? Guys rent their tuxes. I know plenty of bridesmaids that had rental dressed. Heck, you can even rent a fake cake and have a sheet cake in the back to serve guests. The money spent could have been money saved for the phone bills.

How do you know she didn't?  Maybe the show paid for it.  I don't think she could say anything if they did.

I don't think the show pays for their wedding attire. We are guessing she bought it from the wedding store where she was trying on gowns in the previous episode.

If you know otherwise, such as what TLC pays for, by all means share with us. :)  I have heard they are quite cheap and the brides/grooms don't get much of anything.

• Love 1

There have been a lot of comments about what Danielle should have worn. I give her a pass on her dress. I think she did quite well for herself, given her size, budget, location, and lack of fashion sense. Having been morbidly obese at one point in my life, I know buying clothes is never as easy as just shopping around, so I chuckle to read "she should have just bought X". As if there are tons of stores in her area carrying X dirt cheap and in her size. Plus size fashion has grown in popularity, but it's not even close to the options and variety to be found in standard sizes. There's not much variety in terms of styles and colors, and the garments tend to be boxy and unflattering. And special occasion clothes? Fuhgeddabout it. You're lucky if you find something in your size, let alone in your preference of color, style, length, neckline, and sleeve design. Often the choice is between frumpy mother of the bride dresses at department stores, and Lane Bryant's low cut offerings for the big gal who wants to be sexy. Danielle found an appropriate white dress that she liked, that fit her and was (hopefully) within her budget. And if it didn't have sleeves and a hem all the way to the ground, oh well.

ETA: Did neither Mo nor Danielle's son know that the boutonniere goes on the man's lapel? That kid stuck that flower on there like he was playing pin the tail on the donkey.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 8

Danielle gets the brunt of the mean-spirited comments and it is solely based on her looks.

Nah, I feel mean spirit toward Danielle primarily because she's indulging her delusion at her daughters' financial and emotional expense. They'll have to pick up the pieces when the dream gets smashed. She's making choices worthy of an abandoned 14-year-old, and her actual teenagers have to be the grownups.

• Love 7

I miss the days of TWOP we were allowed to snark on almost anything. I think children were the big no no and it seems to me that got pretty slack on honey boo boo.

Danielle's unfortunate appearance and her slovenly kept self are the reason to snark on that hot mess express.

Just sayin

• Love 5

I also dislike her because as a mother she continues to use her daughters as pawns in her game. She spent money to go to Doha, but they get evicted, cell phones shut off, lose utilities, and her daughters sleep on metal framed beds. I'm a mother and would never put my own delusions in front of the needs of my children. She's just a woman that makes horrible decisions over and over.

• Love 2

I miss the days of TWOP we were allowed to snark on almost anything. I think children were the big no no and it seems to me that got pretty slack on honey boo boo.

Danielle's unfortunate appearance and her slovenly kept self are the reason to snark on that hot mess express.

Just sayin

We don't allow posters to bash children here on this site either.

I like to think everyone here can enjoy making fun of the show, what happens, and everything that goes along with it, without making fun of someone's physical attributes that they have no control over. Being overweight, for many, isn't a choice. Make fun of someone's choice of clothes, their shoes, their hairstyle.... but please leave it at the door when it comes to making fun of someone's weight, or other physical disabilities they may have which they don't have control over.

I see people snarking on someone's wig, their choice of spouse, their in-laws... but I don't see anyone here tolerating people being made fun of for their size. Neither will I.

• Love 6

I'm good with those rules

I worked too. That was just an example. I could list the 20 + criminal charges and convictions. I find her a narcissist and manipulator. She plays the victim and turns on the crocodile tears. Though I've never seen a single tear run down her face

I worked too. That was just an example. I could list the 20 + criminal charges and convictions. I find her a narcissist and manipulator. She plays the victim and turns on the crocodile tears. Though I've never seen a single tear run down her face

• Love 2

So I've been following this forum all week. And I must say it is so funny and entertaining.

90 day fiancee is so interesting.. especially since my ex-husband married me for a green card too. (not the same as this situation though.. )

But seriously... the first time I saw Jason and his dad... I actually didn't realize it was still the show. I thought it was one of those Swiffer Jet commercials where they don't know how they lived without this cleaning mechanism before. Then I was like "Oh wait"

Also, Mo and Dani (which my brother and I call Meg Griffin and Not-Hugo-Boss) ... really.. I don't even know who to pity at this point. (kids I guess). I kind of hope they leave television for the sake of everyone's sanity.

BTW, I cracked up when I saw their wedding. It was like "oh it's the wedding? Oh.. Oh ok. I see..."

Edited by EggoWaffles
  • Love 6

So I've been following this forum all week. And I must say it is so funny and entertaining.

90 day fiancee is so interesting.. especially since my ex-husband married me for a green card too. (not the same as this situation though.. )

But seriously... the first time I saw Jason and his dad... I actually didn't realize it was still the show. I thought it was one of those Swiffer Jet commercials where they don't know how they lived without this cleaning mechanism before. Then I was like "Oh wait"

Also, Mo and Dani (which my brother and I call Meg Griffin and Not-Hugo-Boss) ... really.. I don't even know who to pity at this point. (kids I guess). I kind of hope they leave television for the sake of everyone's sanity.

BTW, I cracked up when I saw their wedding. It was like "oh it's the wedding? Oh.. Oh ok. I see..."

Welcome, dear cousin of Toaster Strudel

• Love 5

That's the funniest thing I've read all day. Welcome!

• Love 2

Thanks!!

And oh geez Toaster Strudel is so funny! I didn't even realize I also picked the same genre of username. I like this show but I actually have trouble distinguishing what happens in each episode.. they all mesh together to me. So I apologize in advance if I mention something from a previous episode on a forum about a different episode. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

• Love 1

Please don't shoot me, but I think Danielle looks kind of nice in the dress.

Agreed... not to mention she had such a teeny weeny pateeny budget. Not bad. I was just thinking that she actually looks less heavy in that dress than she does in the elastic band pants. 

• Love 3
The wedding venue was apparently a garden centre, so if she'd come too close Mo could always have grabbed a pitchfork to protect himself."Back! Back, I tell you! It's Ramadan! Don't touch me!"

And it wouldn't shock me if Dani responded: "We're not at the Ramada Inn, kiss me!!!"

• Love 5

ETA: Did neither Mo nor Danielle's son know that the boutonniere goes on the man's lapel? That kid stuck that flower on there like he was playing pin the tail on the donkey.

I do wedding photography and where the boutonniere goes (and how to put it on) is probably the most common pre-wedding issue! I've had to help so many guys put it on and tell them where it goes. This is definitely not common knowledge (and why should it be? how many times do people put boutonnieres on in their life). It seems if the mother of the bride (or another woman) isn't in the room where the guys are getting ready it is highly unlikely the boutonniere will be in the right place, haha. 

I am watching "Barefoot Contessa" now and I am comparing Ina Garten to Danielle. Ina is a full figured woman (as am I), but it doesn't change how gorgeous she is. She is always glowing. Her hair is perfect and her affect is always happy. Danielle should take some lessons from the beautiful Ina.

• Love 3

I am watching "Barefoot Contessa" now and I am comparing Ina Garten to Danielle. Ina is a full figured woman (as am I), but it doesn't change how gorgeous she is. She is always glowing. Her hair is perfect and her affect is always happy. Danielle should take some lessons from the beautiful Ina.

Aw I love Ina!  She is beautiful inside and out.  It's neat to see how much in love she and Jeffrey are, whenever he appears on her show.

• Love 1

I think Dani and Mo have an agreement. She gets him his green card and he helps out the family financially for a period of time. The drama and the trauma are for tv. Remember when she was hysterical crying in the bedroom and then as soon as the camera's were gone and she thought there were out of hearing range. She stopped crying immediately and spoke to him in a clear, hard decisive tone.

Jason and Cassia. Bad, bad match. Jason seems to be in his first relationship and sucking at it. He seems to have anger issues and control issues. He scares me. Cassie go home and grow up. You're never going to fet the relationship or attention you want from this man.

Daya and Brett. Last episode showed a robotic mama's boy. It was shockingly his lack of empathy and feeling when Daya called out his mom on her behaviour. I don't get a true sense of who Brett is. But from what I have seen I have my doubts about him.

Amy, sweet poise, beautiful, smart. I wish her new husband. They seem unevenly yoked. But in love.

Jason and Evelin, yawn.

How embarrassing this must have been for Danielle and her family. I know her heart must have just flopped into the pit of her stomach. Her brothers or cousins aren't small guys, could probably take ole M out with one punch. What size waders are these people wearing thru Mohammed's crap? Will he ever kiss her like a man usually kisses the woman he supposedly loves?

• Love 4

How embarrassing this must have been for Danielle and her family. I know her heart must have just flopped into the pit of her stomach. Her brothers or cousins aren't small guys, could probably take ole M out with one punch. What size waders are these people wearing thru Mohammed's crap? Will he ever kiss her like a man usually kisses the woman he supposedly loves?

It's hard to say whether Dani is capable of feeling embarrassment...I do believe her daughters and her sister were probably agonizing for her though!

• Love 3

To answer your second question.....I'm gonna say "no."

• Love 3

I'm re-watching this episode before the new one.....what was that thing that Danielle had on her wrist? It looked way too big to be a bracelet? I went back and found one of the pictures and you could barely see it hanging down because she was holding her flowers in that hand.  Did anyone else notice that?

On rewatch, I've decided Danielle knew what was coming. I believe Mohamed told her in advance there would be no kiss; she wasn't blindsided, in my opinion.

Danielle really has no pride, just a bulldog' s determination to get her bone -- eventually.

• Love 3

I find it interesting that all of the foreigners find it oh so surprising or unbelievable that the families of their prospective spouses would have doubts. We all know that lots of people want to come to the US... it is looked upon by many as the land of opportunity. I personally know of several people who got married to people only to find out later that it was all about the green card (of course, some of them should have known better but that is a different story). 

I think a parent being concerned about her son or daughter getting married to someone they barely know from a different country is natural and is to be expected. I kinda wish Draya would get that and just give his Mom the opportunity to get to know her and show her that she truly loves her son. Being all dramatic, making accusations and making him choose between you and his mom is not the way IMO. 

• Love 1

Ok first off, for us the sound was really off like the background music was incredibly loud and we could barely hear them speaking especially Chelsea and Dani and sometimes Eveline (sp?)  I'm sure they are going to back pedal next week and try to cover up all this stuff between Dani and Mo. This will be interesting to watch....

• Love 15

I'm really surprised that Brett' s mom split. Not very farsighted of her. What about ever seeing her granddaughter again? Did she think of that? Bad form and bad manners, in my opinion.

Chelsea' s emotionalism was very common and understandable on the Big Day. Their wedding was sweet and heartfelt. I don't doubt the couple's genuine love.

Evelin loves Justin. I'm not sure if Justin is the marrying kind though. We'll see.

• Love 13

By the way, in case anyone noticed, Brett's lips matched his purple vest :)

I loved those giant goblets they used in justin and eveline's wedding!!! They were probably filled with Danielle's tears after Mo dressed up as a 7-11 slurpee and ran away.

• Love 14

Brett didn't kiss Daya at the end of the ceremony. He just hugged her. She didn't look surprised though.

I liked Jason and Cassia's wedding more than I expected. However, Jason's dad was a little creepy, and Cassia's dress required a Brazilian wax to wear. Still, deadpan Jason managed to pull up a little emotion. Note to Jason and self: Never let yourself be filmed that drunk. Yikes during the restaurant party.

• Love 6