Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E9: A Picture Worth a Thousand Words

• Start Topic

(edited)
18 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

It's not different from the past. Slade avoided paying child support for his sick kid who eventually died (this went on for several seasons), Brooks and Vicki concocted a fake cancer scheme, Gina had a DUI, as well, and Shannon made terrible comments (about her kids taken by CPS). 

Vicki doesn't understand science. She really (IMO) thought that she and Brooks could pretend he had stage 4 cancer but these holistic supplements they were going to peddle "cured" him. She is an anti-vaxer-- she really believes that vaccines are poison and supplements, and "natural" remedies are healing-- there are probably a large # of people that would believe that Brooks had cancer-- that chemo wasn't working, but taking vitamins did. And she and Brooks would make tons of money and he could settle up his child support. Of course, it backfired, but in Vicki's mind, it was plausible and she was ultimately trying to "do good."

Edited by bravofan27
  • Sad 2
3 hours ago, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

This whole ring footage seems a little suspect to me. If John had footage of Shannon nearly hitting his child why wasn’t it given to the police and included in her charges? That is a reckless endangerment charge, more serious than a DUI. Even if she pled down it would have been in the initial charges. So why wasn’t it and why is it news to Shannon?

John Janssen didn't want to add to her problems. She was arrested for a DUI, and at the hospital with a broken arm, and injuries on her face. They were still friends, and Shannon claimed she thought they were reconnecting as a couple. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Vicki doesn't understand science. She really (IMO) thought that she and Brooks could pretend he had stage 4 cancer but these holistic supplements they were going to peddle "cured" him. She is an anti-vaxer-- she really believes that vaccines are poison and supplements, and "natural" remedies are healing-- there are probably a large # of people that would believe that Brooks had cancer-- that chemo wasn't working, but taking vitamins did. And she and Brooks would make tons of money and he could settle up his child support. Of course, it backfired, but in Vicki's mind, it was plausible and she was ultimately trying to "do good."

Oh, I'm sure she doesn't understand science (she doesn't have college level education, and she doesn't seem that intelligent to me either), but not to that degree. She knew Brooks didn't have cancer, so it was fraud. She wanted sympathy, and a storyline. She also created a website, so I assume she wanted to profit from a cancer "charity". The charity she founded. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
41 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

John Janssen didn't want to add to her problems. She was arrested for a DUI, and at the hospital with a broken arm, and injuries on her face. They were still friends, and Shannon claimed she thought they were reconnecting as a couple. 

I disagree. He enabled her drinking when he was on the show - they were drinking buddies the first couple of years he was on with her.

If he actually cared he would not be doing what he was doing through his surrogate/bulldog/girlfriend to Shannon during the filming season.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

What cosmetic enhancements does Alexis need the 75k for? Couple of grifters. She was so ready (& stupid enough) to do John Janssen's dirty work, I'm mad they kept them apart. 

Shannon just needs to get sober, get a tune-up with Dr. Moon and go back to being her ditzy, blissed out self.  Her kids turned out the best. 

Edited by pythonite
  • Like 11
(edited)
On 9/6/2024 at 9:49 PM, ZettaK said:

I don't like John but I think it would be hard to be in a relationship with Shannon. She is insecure, emotionally volatile, and high maintenance. I don't think this show is helping her. I don't understand why she came back. Does she need money that badly? I thought she got a pretty big settlement from David. Speaking of David, I wonder if they are talking now. She never mentions him. Remember when it was David she was fixated on and the women were getting tired of hearing about it? She's transferred all that angst to John. 

I wonder about her childhood... if there was trauma. She picked two men who didn't treat her well and got into a codependent relationship with them. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 6

Shannon was so drunk when she hit the house that she most likely doesn't remember much about that night. She blew over 3 times the legal limit on the breathalyzer. She is the perpetual victim of her own poor choices. It's always someone or something else that caused her problems. She has cried her way through the entire season. I have no respect for Johnny J or Alexis. If he has threatened to release damaging videos of Shannon unless she pay up then he is evil. However that said Shannon took $75,000 from a boyfriend and spent almost 1/2 on a facelift.  He was neither  her husband or even a fiance. I suspect there was the expectation that it would be repaid. If she wants to take back her life she should repay the money and be done with him. That's what adults do. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Why can't they have a season where they take down Tamra?  I would enjoy watching her get taken down for a change.  Then maybe we could be rid of her for good.  

They fired her; she was off the show!!  Didn't stick.  😪

• Sad 2
8 hours ago, pythonite said:

What cosmetic enhancements does Alexis need the 75k for? Couple of grifters. She was so ready (& stupid enough) to do John Janssen's dirty work, I'm mad they kept them apart. 

Shannon just needs to get sober, get a tune-up with Dr. Moon and go back to being her ditzy, blissed out self.  Her kids turned out the best. 

I don't know how Alexis doesn't spill half of whatever she is drinking down the front of her body with those ridiculous duck lips.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
(edited)

Bravo, please get Heather to RHoBH and spare us anymore of Terry and their kids dancing around their penthouse singing, "We're Beverly Hills. We're Beverly Hills!" 

Edited by la patineuse
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

The most important thing to John Janssen is that he comes across as a "good guy"??

In that case: oops! 

I am not a clinician, so this is just a layperson's opinion of a reality TV show but ... I completely agree that there are some people who may not be "alcoholics" in the clinical sense but who have had problematic relationships with alcohol at various points in their lives due to stress, depression, life circumstances, etc. I know people like this. Heck, I probably fit into this category when I was in college. 

So, I agree with Shannon that this is a phenomenon that exists. 

However, the fact that Shannon cannot refrain from drinking, even during the hours she's filming a reality show on which the optics of her drinking are so, so terrible leads me to believe she likely is a plain old alcoholic. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
(edited)

It's very, very weird to be nodding along to someone speaking intelligently about how all people should be afforded dignity and respect and be able to live the lives they want to live and then... realizing that person is Alexis Bellino

Is this the world in which we live??

Edited by ladle1
  • LOL 10
(edited)

realizing that person is Alexis Bellino. 

Sounds like another village is missing it's idiot.

Edited by Palimelon
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4
On 9/6/2024 at 12:04 PM, Natalie68 said:

I know what I am going to say will seem mean and uncaring about Shannon and may be unpopular. 

Ever since she began this show, she has had a poor relationship with alcohol as well as her partners.  Neither is fun to watch.  She has had one problem after another every season she is on.  Some may be of her making, some not.  What bothers me is 1), she is still drinking which tells me she is in denial (not that it should matter to me), 2) her drama must override every event.  Her drama took over Heathers event which I found really interesting, had everyone talking about her problems and hijacked the episode.  I am not here for Shannon's repeated issues.  Now if she truly was working on herself like she claims, I would be rooting for her.  She is in major denial.  I thought I also heard her lie about passing out after the accident.  No, she got out and pretended she was walking Archie. It could be that she is just like someone I know that affects my feelings about her.  It is ALWAYS about her and her poor choices. The pic she sent Johnny J was a fuck you, see what you caused to happen.  He is icky but he was her icky for a long time.  It was nice of him to care for her and Archie after her drunken accident. He didn't have to.  It felt a little dirty to defend him at all.

Tamra and her crusty face can walk and she needs to take the other Amigas with her.  

I actually agree with you about Shannon (and Tamra's crusty face, though I doubt that's controversial). Shannon can be very self-centered and self-martyring, and I think there's a grain of truth in Tamra's claim that Shannon was very "me me me" in their friendship. That said, in this particular situation, I can't really blame Shannon because Alexis and Tamra keep coming at her in a public forum in a really horrific way. When even the women on RHOC are like "Holy shit, this has gone too far," then... this has gone too far. 

Believe me, feeling galvanized by Gina, Emily, and Heather rallying around Shannon Beador was not what I had on my 2024 bingo card, and yet... 

On 9/6/2024 at 3:13 PM, RealHousewife said:

Alexis still has the jugs, but I'm not seeing the Jesus.

Please don't let this be her tag line next season. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
(edited)
On 9/6/2024 at 4:37 PM, bravofan27 said:

Heather's reasons for wanting to move to LA the first season was because the OC didn't have any good restaurants. 

Was that the season that Heather was starting up a restaurant with some partners? What ever happened to that adventure? 

I remember laughing a couple of seasons ago when Heather was trying to reboot her career, and insisting that they had to have a place in LA because if she got a call for a reading she would need to be right there, not in OC. Until then I had no idea that there were emergency auditions. Only in Heather Paige Kent's mind, I would imagine.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 1
  • LOL 8

30 minutes ago, ladle1 said:

It's very, very weird to be nodding along to someone speaking intelligently about how all people should be afforded dignity and respect and be able to live the lives they want to live and then... realizing that person is Alexis Bellino

It's the world Alexis and Johnny J live.  These regurgitated principles don't apply to women named Shannon who dared to date her current douchbag boyfriend.  I seriously doubt that Alexis even knows what Family Equity is really all about. 

No points from me for supporting her kids either.  That's the minimum she should be doing.  I wonder what they think of their mother telling people on TV she is going to ruin Shannon's life.   Nice. 

• Like 10
12 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

No points from me for supporting her kids either.  That's the minimum she should be doing.  I wonder what they think of their mother telling people on TV she is going to ruin Shannon's life.   Nice. 

I’m willing to give Alexis half a point for supporting her kids, since she was so far in the other direction the last time she was on this show and that does indicate growth. 

Of course, that is offset by the trillion points deducted for trying to extort Shannon and bringing the epithet “Johnny J.” into public consciousness. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

I want to make sure I understand correctly. Is the entire basis for this silly feud and lawsuit with Johnny J because Shannon publicly outed him as a cheapskate who never paid for anything while they were dating? 

Does he even work? If he had enough money to loan her $75K, then why didn't he ever treat her while they were dating? AND ... why would she date someone like that in the first place? I know. It's Shannon, but still ... 

• Like 13

It's just crazy that Alexis says she wants to clear John's name. Couples fight. Breakups happen. I have a soft spot for Shannon, but I know no one is perfect and see that she could be a lot. If Alexis and John just kept quiet, I'm sure almost no one would have much of an opinion about John one way or the other. We didn't see him much before, but now it's his new partner trashing a vulnerable woman, threatening to put a video out there that could "destroy her life," Shannon dealing with yet another lawsuit that may or may not be fair. It's yucky, and I already felt bad Shannon had to deal with her ex's new girlfriend being thrown in her face. How much more is she supposed to take? 

• Like 13
  • Applause 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Does he even work? If he had enough money to loan her $75K, then why didn't he ever treat her while they were dating? AND ... why would she date someone like that in the first place? I know. It's Shannon, but still ... 

I think Shannon told the others this week that he sold his share of some business for a good amount so he had money.  He let Shannon pay for everything because that's who John Jansen is; when he gave her the $75K Shannon thought it was a sort of repayment for all that.  Later, after filming started, he said it was a loan and got an attorney to sue Shannon for it.   Seems to me that if it was a loan there would be some sort of paperwork. 

Either way, Shannon knows what a lawsuit costs, especially since she spent $300K defending herself from Bellino's ridiculous lawsuit and decided it wasn't worth going to court.  

As to why, I'm guessing that stems from Shannon's great insecurity and apparent fear of being alone.  😕

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Like 8
  • Sad 2
On 9/6/2024 at 10:13 PM, ZettaK said:

Tamra, Emily, and Gina who all mentioned Shannon's drinking on the trip, something we saw ourselves too, and at a bar (that was on social, and regular media) are not responsible for Shannon drinking in public. She is. It would be better for her if she didn't participate this season, a couple of months after her accident.

I think Snannon needs the money from the show to help pay her living expenses and legal bills.

• Like 6

Shannon said on Jeff Lewis's podcast that she asked for the money as she needed it to pay bills. Jeff had to ask her several time if she asked for it or if he just gave her $75,000. She finally admitted that she asked for the money. Now think about this. If you were dating a guy for a couple of years and YOU asked him for $75.000 would you really assume that this money was a gift or to repay for dinners and plane tickets and shoes that you purchased for him? 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 9/6/2024 at 3:53 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I am so tired of Alexis whining about how hard it is to film with Shannon. Why do you think Bravo brought you back? It certainly wasn't for your wit and personality. And of course she is as much a part of the lawsuit as Jansen is. She even admitted it by saying that she said to him "Lets just settle". Not "You should settle". Both she and Johnny J are showing what despicable people they are. I am just sad that Shannon is being put through the wringer again by Bravo. Can't they find a new target?

Heather claims to be supporting Shannon, but in her TH makes a snide remark that she has never ordered a mocktail in a bar. You do realize that if Shannon wanted to drink, she could just drink at home, right Heather? 

I love how Heather's reason for moving to LA has morphed from moving to reboot her career (her claim a couple of seasons ago) to moving for her children as apparently the OC is not as progressive as LA is. And of course the kids have to chime in to support Heather's claim. No mention any longer of her dead and buried career. It is nice that she supports her children, but she is hardly a unicorn in that department. But then, no one loves Heather Dubrow more than Heather Dubrow. 

BTW, my hubby has no idea that I watch a show that Heather is on, and has no clue who she is. When Heather appeared on Million Dollar Listing LA a couple of weeks ago, a minute or so into her appearance hubby said "That woman is really annoying". Now MDLLA is full of annoying people, and this is the first time he has ever said that about what to him was a random person appearing on the show. Lol. 

I totally enjoyed Tamra's daughter giving her one word answers during their phone call. And of course Tamra has to let us know that her son totally talks her ear off now. Of course we have to take Tamra's word for that, and we know she never lies. 

And in other news, Jenn is only getting six thousand dollars a month in support for her children for her upkeep. Gotta keep sleeping naked with Ryan I guess.  Desperate times, and all that. 

re the bold:  I hear you - but I feel that that political climate has changed alot in the past couple years, especially in Orange County and their acceptance (or lack thereof) for one to live their life they way they choose.  :)

7 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Shannon said on Jeff Lewis's podcast that she asked for the money as she needed it to pay bills. Jeff had to ask her several time if she asked for it or if he just gave her $75,000. She finally admitted that she asked for the money. Now think about this. If you were dating a guy for a couple of years and YOU asked him for $75.000 would you really assume that this money was a gift or to repay for dinners and plane tickets and shoes that you purchased for him? 

I think it probably happened when Shannon was drunk and she doesn't even remember the circumstances or what she promised. 

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I think it probably happened when Shannon was drunk and she doesn't even remember the circumstances or what she promised. 

That really seems likely. Alcohol probably gave her the courage to ask him in the first place.

• Like 2
On 9/5/2024 at 7:15 PM, Pi237 said:

As much as I hate to defend Johnny Boy, Shannon’s story about sending him a pic of her bloody face after the accident and him not replying isn’t the damning thing she thinks it is. He was sick of her drunk behavior, tried to get her to stay and she sped off. I can see him just going to bed and ignoring his phone, thinking it’s her drunk calling him again…am I missing something? 

I thought the point of her comment was that he claims he was being super attentive to her right after the accident, but the fact that he did not respond to this text indicates that he was not actually helping her in any way after it.

But I'm curious to see if anyone else had a different take on this.

• Like 3
On 9/5/2024 at 9:11 PM, ZettaK said:

It's possible that John didn't give the video to anybody, including the police because it was not exactly relevant to the actual hit and run, and DUI. He was probably still trying to protect her. They were friends, and they parted ways later on.

I'm super skeptical that he has ANY video that is worse than the actual fact that she had a DUI accident.

They've built it up SO much, and I'm feeling like this is just another RHOBH "Sutton said something very dark" situation.

I don't believe JohnnyJ had ANY reputation in the community--or at least not a positive one--and I doubt Shannon was doing anything other than possibly talking badly about her ex, which she has every right to do.

On 9/6/2024 at 1:53 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

Heather claims to be supporting Shannon, but in her TH makes a snide remark that she has never ordered a mocktail in a bar. You do realize that if Shannon wanted to drink, she could just drink at home, right Heather? 

THIS!!!

I have an occasional glass of wine or a cocktail in a bar AND i've ordered a mocktail at a bar--just depends on what I want to have at that particular time.

Now, maybe HEATHER would never order a mocktail because she wouldn't want the calories unless there was alcohol in the drink, but her assumption that NO ONE would CHOOSE a mocktail at a bar was LAUGHABLE.!!

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
On 9/7/2024 at 4:39 AM, Sweet-tea said:

I don't like John but I think it would be hard to be in a relationship with Shannon. She is insecure, emotionally volatile, and high maintenance.

I agree that Shannon has made poor choices in partners, but John never seemed to be a real prize himself. Now that he's shown himself to be a fame whore, I feel even worse for Shannon and her choice in men.

• Like 7
8 minutes ago, Dr Mama said:

I'm super skeptical that he has ANY video that is worse than the actual fact that she had a DUI accident.

They've built it up SO much, and I'm feeling like this is just another RHOBH "Sutton said something very dark" situation.

I don't believe JohnnyJ had ANY reputation in the community--or at least not a positive one--and I doubt Shannon was doing anything other than possibly talking badly about her ex, which she has every right to do.

I have never been a big fan of Shannon and always like Tamra.  Until Mean Girl season.  I will say this Shannon seems different.  She usually had something to blame on someone and not this time.  This time she is taking accountability.

Now should she keep drinking?  Who knows and it's not for me to say but I do not think Alexis and Johnny J look good at all.  They look petty and thirsty and that's hard to be on this show.

• Like 7
15 minutes ago, Dr Mama said:

I thought the point of her comment was that he claims he was being super attentive to her right after the accident, but the fact that he did not respond to this text indicates that he was not actually helping her in any way after it.

But I'm curious to see if anyone else had a different take on this.

I didn't really get that a whole lot, except to say that John didn't help her when she clearly needed help. I guess her point is that he isn't that great of a guy that he didn't come try to help her. She's hurt about it-- I think it's just showing he is a shitty person. I guess. I don't think it's about liability. Shannon doesn't remember sending the picture.

• Like 4
(edited)
On 9/7/2024 at 4:39 AM, Sweet-tea said:

I thought she got a pretty big settlement from David. Speaking of David, I wonder if they are talking now.

The settlement was apparently $1.4M in cash and $2,935/mo in child support and $7,065/mo in spousal support. the spousal support ends in 2029.

I'm not sure how much she is still getting (if anything) in child support, but that amount would not allow her to continue to live in the style she was living pre-divorce as a SAHM. Were they not as rich as they pretended to be in their early RHOC years, did David's business take a nose-dive, or was there some combination of factors at play?

I'm guessing Shannon spent a fair bit of that cash settlement trying to launch one or more of her businesses. Not sure any of those have taken off enough to be a decent source of income.

So, I think she needs her HW salary to keep up her lifestyle.

https://people.com/tv/shannon-beador-divorce-settlement-david-beador/

Edited by Dr Mama
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Dr Mama said:

Now, maybe HEATHER would never order a mocktail because she wouldn't want the calories unless there was alcohol in the drink, but her assumption that NO ONE would CHOOSE a mocktail at a bar was LAUGHABLE.!!

So, not to defend Heather, which I can't stand her "I'm right because it's my thoughts and I'm smarter than everyone so I don't need to fact check or bias check" but it's a little bit of stretch that Shannon cozied up to a bar and didn't order a drink there. If there is any environment that will be a trigger to drink, it's a bar.

Edited by bravofan27
  • Like 5
2 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I didn't really get that a whole lot, except to say that John didn't help her when she clearly needed help. I guess her point is that he isn't that great of a guy that he didn't come try to help her. She's hurt about it-- I think it's just showing he is a shitty person. I guess. I don't think it's about liability. Shannon doesn't remember sending the picture.

She has a concussion, so her memory was impacted.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

And she blew .24 which is insane drunk.

I'm not a doctor but  I thought BAC of .30 can put a person in a coma as well as being lethal.  Shannon was cutting it pretty close. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

And she blew .24 which is insane drunk.

She could have been dead just from that much alcohol.  I never realized how hurt she was as well.  I do still believe this WAS a wakeup call.  She was lucky to have not killed someone or herself or poor Archie.  But so far it seems she is not making excuses.

I am waiting for Tamra to come up with an excuse for being so psycho this season.

• Like 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

I'm not a doctor but  I thought BAC of .30 can put a person in a coma as well as being lethal.  Shannon was cutting it pretty close. 

If you have a blood alcohol of 0.4 (or higher) and you die, alcohol poisoning can be listed as the cause of death

i once spoke to a woman who worked in the local ER who told me a story of someone that came in, because he didn't feel well, with a blood alcohol of 0.6! i half joked that he probably drove himself there.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
On 9/6/2024 at 12:23 AM, ZettaK said:

John Janssen just denied Shannon's recollection of events the night of her DUI arrest, claiming, "In order to make sure Shannon would have someone there for her the moment she was released, I waited outside the jail for hours before bringing her home to care for her."

John alleged that he "bathed Shannon, fed her, and brought her to her medical appointments, while tending to her every need, and looking after Archie for 10 days following her arrest."

"Although we were no longer together as a couple the night of her DUI, and the traumatic events my daughters and I endured were still fresh in my mind, it was important to me that Shannon have someone to look after her," he shared.

"I made every possible attempt to try and get a hold of her in the hospital, however, officials told me she was under police custody and I was forbidden from coming there," he claimed. "However, that did not stop me from coordinating with her family to ensure I'd be there for her as soon as she was released from custody."

And another link below about John Janssen seen with Shannon outside her house immediately after her DUI, helping her up the stairs (photo). 

https://www.tmz.com/2023/09/20/shannon-beador-surfaces-ex-boyfriend-john-janssen-after-dui-arrest/

https://people.com/rhoc-recap-shannon-beador-says-ex-john-janssen-suing-her-is-extortion-8706651#:~:text=John alleged that he "bathed,10 days following her arrest."

I think this disputes what Shannon is saying that John was not there for her after her wreck. 

• Like 2

I have no love for Lexi or Johnny J, but Shannon didn't pull up her call log from that night. If I got a picture like that I would call - not text - the person to ask what happened. Hate to give Johnny J any credit, but maybe he did the same and Shannon just doesn't remember...

• Like 3
(edited)
On 9/8/2024 at 7:40 PM, Cosmocrush said:

I think Shannon told the others this week that he sold his share of some business for a good amount so he had money.  He let Shannon pay for everything because that's who John Jansen is; when he gave her the $75K Shannon thought it was a sort of repayment for all that.  Later, after filming started, he said it was a loan and got an attorney to sue Shannon for it.   Seems to me that if it was a loan there would be some sort of paperwork. 

Either way, Shannon knows what a lawsuit costs, especially since she spent $300K defending herself from Bellino's ridiculous lawsuit and decided it wasn't worth going to court.  

As to why, I'm guessing that stems from Shannon's great insecurity and apparent fear of being alone. 

Edited by FozzyBear