Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E09: Behind Frenemy Lines

• Start Topic

(edited)

In the aftermath of Teresa's tumultuous Tulum Party, Jennifer and Danielle tell two different versions of what went down; Margaret worries for Joe after receiving some unnerving test results; Danielle hosts a relaunch party for Boujie Kidz.

Airs 6.30.2024

Edited by snarts
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

How many times is Danielle going to relaunch her company?

Sheree didn’t relaunch that often 

well. That was more a failure to launch

• Like 1
  • LOL 16

I like that Rachel is doing this work with Juvenile Arthritis . I got JRA when I was 13. No one understood and it was really awful for a while. That was eons ago.

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 8
  • Love 2

Call In Sick or Call Out Sick

From A Way with Words: "Both are grammatically correct, but most Americans say call in sick. The call out version is largely associated with the New York metropolitan area, but spreading to adjacent states."

So shove it, Paulie.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7

Really  not trying to be  mean but with the duck lips Rachel Fuda looks like a Simpsons character.   Freaky

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 7

I'm confused; Teresa's excuse for leaving the relaunch party was because she had Milania with her and it's a school night...the place is literally crawling with toddlers and small children and Milania had to get home?

• Like 6
  • LOL 12
3 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Bougie Kidz now with a ball pit!

Bougie Kidz now with a spray painted sweat shirt that isn't the Bougie Kidz brand!

Bougie Kidz now with more basic styles!

Maybe her father set up the booth😉. When Danielle said her father owns a screen printing company in the fashion industry all I could think of was those t-shirt places on the boardwalk

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
13 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Maybe her father set up the booth😉. When Danielle said her father owns a screen printing company in the fashion industry all I could think of was those t-shirt places on the boardwalk

Me too, iron one decals, fake designer logos, Ocean City NJ, funny tees like 1. 2. 3. Floor drinking themed tees and of course the wolf howling.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

That's a good thought - I was thinking of one of those neighborhood silkscreen t-shirt places that does all the local rec/youth sports' team's t-shirts, t-shirts for local businesses and school fundraising events.

There's a shop or five like that in every area in New Jersey.

The best part of this entire episode was that we didn't see much of the husbands, and NO John Fuda at all!!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 9
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Call In Sick or Call Out Sick

From A Way with Words: "Both are grammatically correct, but most Americans say call in sick. The call out version is largely associated with the New York metropolitan area, but spreading to adjacent states."

So shove it, Paulie.

I thought Delores is a former prison guard? She said she has never worked in an office so was confused. Is she ashamed that she was once a regular ol’ employee instead of being a lifelong entrepreneur? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Yes, I believe she's talked about being a correctional officer prior to getting married. While I'm sure there were duties involving office work, I wouldn't consider that to be an office job.

• Like 10
19 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

Yes, I believe she's talked about being a correctional officer prior to getting married. While I'm sure there were duties involving office work, I wouldn't consider that to be an office job.

Sorry, I was confusing, I meant she had a regular job with a regular schedule and I’m sure she had to call in or call out at least once in her life. She acted like it was a foreign concept. 

• Like 7

If I was a small kid, I would have loved Danielle's  set up. Even the little kid who was the DJ. 

I thought I didn't mind Fessler, tonight  she got on my nerves. As for Gia, please go away, you say too much and I don't like  you. I saw her having  super long extensions replaced on FB, she looks very different ,  but the hairdresser  was the one that gave Danielle one blow out.

I did love the wedding, very nice. Other than that, I do believe  I'm hate watching this season. 

Kudos  to Rachel  for helping out Children  with juvenile  arthritis, it sounds  so painful.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

How is Margaret only 57? She looks 70 imo

Maybe in Lisa Vanderpump years?

Bougie Kidz now with more basic styles!

Maybe the next relaunch will be Basic Bougie Kidz?

NO John Fuda at all

So no snarking on his choice of facial hair styling...dammit!

I meant she had a regular job with a regular schedule and I’m sure she had to call in or call out at least once in her life. She acted like it was a foreign concept. 

"You have to understand, in my world, Italian-Americans don't do this call in/call out nonsense, that isn't how we operate".

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 3

Why did we have to see Joe Gorga officiating Melissa’s cousins wedding? Oh yes, to show him as this great accepting person and not the cave man that treated his parents and sister like crap. 

I know a lot people don’t like Gia but she doesn’t bother me for the most part. John Fuda knew what he was doing bringing up Gia and the years old analogy. He needs to keep the Teresa feud going and he knew bringing up Gia would do just that. 

Margaret’s thinness is making her look older. The over sized sunglasses are not doing her any favors either.  I can’t believe she has a hair color commercial! Her hair and pieces always look terrible! That fake bun she had on while she pretended to be worried about Joe was awful.

Holy shit, Margaret’s house is ugly! I get tired of all the same looking houses but Marge has no taste. 

When the Jenn Aydin/ Danielle fight happened, it was reported that both were suspended. Why the hell I am still seeing both of these shrill morons rehashing it?

Bwahahahaha! Jen Fessler had the nerve to defy Margaret and offend Rachel Fuda! How could she? Rachel finally got a moment away from her plain looking house and annoying husband to storm off.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

As for Gia, please go away, you say too much and I don't like  you. I saw her having  super long extensions replaced on FB, she looks very different ,  but the hairdresser  was the one that gave Danielle one blow out.

I am having that embroidered on a tea towel.

I have decided that that sort of thing done on Facebook is intentional, it is the FU to Jenn A. and Danielle.

3 hours ago, Palimelon said:

Maybe in Lisa Vanderpump years?

I thought it, you wrote it, lol...can we add Jiggy years too?

34 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Why did we have to see Joe Gorga officiating Melissa’s cousins wedding? Oh yes, to show him as this great accepting person and not the cave man that treated his parents and sister like crap. 

Had we even known that cousin existed before this episode?

36 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Margaret’s thinness is making her look older

Her hairpieces are plentiful, it is probably not doing her real hair any good, friction alopecia is real.

So Joe got some elevated numbers on his PSA test, okay, the doctor is being cautious and ordering an MRI, one step at a time, Marge gets dramatic, gets upset at the thought of Joe being sick then looks around at her unfinished closet and thinks about the lighting that needs to be done. 

Why couldn't Joe call the doctor, it's his prostrate.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
(edited)

This was boring. What stuck out to me most was Danielle's horrific logo/font. I am admittedly a typography snob, but that was egregious. It made me think of 1997. Also, is there a reason it's not "Bougie" with a g?

Call me crazy or tacky or whatever, I don't care, but I think Marge's house is fun. I dig it.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
Just now, TattleTeeny said:

This was boring. What stuck out to me most was Danielle's horrific logo/font. I am admittedly a typography snob, but that was egregious. It made me think of 1997. Also, is there a reason it's not "Bougie" with a g?

Would you rather her use Comic Sans? I am clutching my pearls at the very thought!

I think Danielle is stuck in the 90's and her taste is not exactly cutting edge, haute couture, au courant or anything enviable so her behind the times logo and company name is not a shocker.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think Danielle is stuck in the 90's and her taste is not exactly cutting edge, haute couture, au courant or anything enviable

Which makes her a perfect fit for this show.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Would you rather her use Comic Sans? I am clutching my pearls at the very thought!

Haha, Comic Sans has taken one for the team for decades! It's bad but there are more than enough others that go ignored because Comic Sans is there shielding them and absorbing the vitriol! (I'm talking about you, Papyrus -- among various others.)

• Applause 1
  • LOL 11
14 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Call me crazy or tacky or whatever, I don't care, but I think Marge's house is fun. I dig it.

I love her wallpaper choices and use of colors but a little bit can go a long way, there has to be a balance between the grey houses and Marge's technicolor trip, I always think resale.  Although her house is one of the most unique looking from the outside, it confuses me every time I see it and I have never fully understood her floor plan, the house suits her, she met a color she did not like.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

So the Gorgas invited castmates to her cousin's wedding just so it would be filmed? Got it. Also, isn't the officiant supposed to talk up the couple? Instead he made it all about him. 

Boujie Kids just launched and now it's re-launching. I had to wonder how many vendors Danielle tried negotiating exposure vs. actual payment for. The party planner for sure, since she had her actual name mentioned. 

Also didn't realize her parents were divorced. The rumors about the family discord online are wild and I hope there's no truth to them (think VC Andrews)  but they would make much more sense if it's her step-brother.

Rachel is so over the top dramatic, storming off. That's the second time she's tried to introduce the blogger storyline. Marge should be proud of her good soldier. Ironic though coming from Bravolover1234. 

• Like 6

Margaret takes Ozempic. Ozempic (and the similar medications) can cause hair thinning/hair loss, muscle loss, and sagging of the skin (because of the rapid weight loss). 

• Like 3

If Marge is 57, I'm 110 pounds.

Ain't NO way that woman is only 4 years older than me.  If she is, she is the epitome of "rode hard and put away wet."

I've never seen her wear an outfit that I didn't think was hideous.  She should steal the Swartzkopf clothing -- that actually looked nice on her.  And talking to Joe's doctor like he was a toddler?  OMG.   I watched the episode earlier where Marty (Danielle Staub's guy) said that Marge emasculates Joe.  Truer words never spoken.

I dislike BravoLover 1234 but I did like the JA work she was doing and I'd rather see more than that.  My DD (Milania's age) was watching with me, and I couldn't explain the "don't defend John Fuda" crap with Fessler.  It just doesn't make any f'ing sense.

Boujie Kidz can go away.  Puh-leeze.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Joe Gorga just continues to show everyone how much of an asshole he really is.  Calling himself "Father Joe" because he obtained some online wedding officiant certificate, and, then, professing that Melissa's cousin and his husband are his "best friends"....bullshit!!! 

Joe Gorga has, as you said, a caveman mentality.  His usual ideals are still stuck in the 60's - women should stay home and mind the house and kids, the men are in charge, etc. (We've heard him say these things a thousand times.)

I'm really not buying the whole "accepting of all people" persona and the "love is love" crap he and Melissa are trying to put out.

I do remember that Joe was accepting of Greg, the Manzo boys' gay friend), but I think that Joe Gorga is just "okay" with homosexuality as long as it is NOT one of his sons.  I think if that were the case, he's be a totally different person.  He just doesn't seem to be that progressive or accepting, imo.

Plus, Melissa and Joe know that they both need to project this opinion, because their public image would take a huge hit if something else were shown.

Also, did Bravo kick in for the wedding, or were there promotional deals cut with vendors because it was filmed for the show?  I somehow can't believe that the other housewives are sooo close to the groom and groom that they would be invited to what looked like a rather intimate wedding for NJ standards.  We've never, ever seen these cousins on the show before, never seen them in the presence of any other housewives.  Maybe they were involved in a few parties at the Gorga's home and not shown on film, but it seems weird to me. 

I think that Melissa's family is trying really hard to swing the show around to them...her sisters have always been thirsty and seem very opportunistic.  I actually do like Melissa's Mom, but Melissa and her sisters and their husbands?  Nope!!  

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

Calling himself "Father Joe" because he obtained some online wedding officiant certificate

Hey, if it worked for Joey Tribbiani...

• LOL 9

Annoying thing that Melissa does is state the obvious when it is happening, she did it before the wedding, she exclaims to her daughter Antonia, in a room crowded with wedding guests and the grooms, "Antonia, there's going to be a wedding!!! Woohoo!!" (or something to that effect).

Antonia stares back at her mother as to say with her eyes, "Geeze mom, ya think? I mean I am looking at the grooms and guests, why do you think we are all here? 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Joe Gorga just continues to show everyone how much of an asshole he really is.  Calling himself "Father Joe" because he obtained some online wedding officiant certificate, and, then, professing that Melissa's cousin and his husband are his "best friends"....bullshit!!! 

Joe Gorga has, as you said, a caveman mentality.  His usual ideals are still stuck in the 60's - women should stay home and mind the house and kids, the men are in charge, etc. (We've heard him say these things a thousand times.)

I'm really not buying the whole "accepting of all people" persona and the "love is love" crap he and Melissa are trying to put out.

I do remember that Joe was accepting of Greg, the Manzo boys' gay friend), but I think that Joe Gorga is just "okay" with homosexuality as long as it is NOT one of his sons.  I think if that were the case, he's be a totally different person.  He just doesn't seem to be that progressive or accepting, imo.

Plus, Melissa and Joe know that they both need to project this opinion, because their public image would take a huge hit if something else were shown.

Also, did Bravo kick in for the wedding, or were there promotional deals cut with vendors because it was filmed for the show?  I somehow can't believe that the other housewives are sooo close to the groom and groom that they would be invited to what looked like a rather intimate wedding for NJ standards.  We've never, ever seen these cousins on the show before, never seen them in the presence of any other housewives.  Maybe they were involved in a few parties at the Gorga's home and not shown on film, but it seems weird to me. 

I think that Melissa's family is trying really hard to swing the show around to them...her sisters have always been thirsty and seem very opportunistic.  I actually do like Melissa's Mom, but Melissa and her sisters and their husbands?  Nope!!  

Agree. Melissa wants her family on the show in the hopes to push Teresa out. She wants her to have some comeuppance for acting like Melissa should be let go. If we had seen the cousin in earlier seasons it might make sense for Joe to officiate on the show. Instead they introduce him 10 seasons in?  The cast being there was very odd. I wouldn’t invite my coworkers to my cousins wedding. Makes it look like the whole thing was for show. The grooms got to be on tv and Joe Gorga got a stamp on his gay passport.

Did one of Melissas sister get a divorce? I’ve only noticed one husband this season. I think it’s the one that said Joe Giudice owed him money at the baptism. 

• Like 7

Guess Georga has a hew job.  
Something that’s bothering me.  

17 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

How is Margaret only 57? She looks 70 imo

Did Margaret have needed surgery, or was it cosmetic on her whole shin?  It’s all bumpy.

Jenn Fessler bugs me,  she’s everyone’s friend.  She Rolls in, has her cookies and tea, then rolls in to another house and does the same.  So far, shes everyone’s friends.  Dying to know who she picks as her bestie, if anyone.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
19 hours ago, QQQQ said:

So shove it, Paulie.

I say “call out sick”. Because if you stay home because of illness you are OUT sick, you’re not IN sick.  Just my opinion.

14 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

Kudos  to Rachel  for helping out Children  with juvenile  arthritis, it sounds  so painful.

Yah this was good.  It sounds awful.

6 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Margaret takes Ozempic. Ozempic (and the similar medications) can cause hair thinning/hair loss, muscle loss, and sagging of the skin (because of the rapid weight loss). 

I have a friend who lost nearly half her hair while on it.  She didn’t even lose that much weight.  Horrible.

• Like 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

So Joe got some elevated numbers on his PSA test, okay, the doctor is being cautious and ordering an MRI, one step at a time, Marge gets dramatic, gets upset at the thought of Joe being sick then looks around at her unfinished closet and thinks about the lighting that needs to be done. 

Why couldn't Joe call the doctor, it's his prostrate.

I have my doubts as to whether or not the person on the phone was actually a staff member of his physician's office.  Have any of you spoken to a nurse or other staff member, told them to get the doctor while you hold on, and then have them actually do that with the doctor coming right to the phone?  In this day and age??  If it actually happened that way I'm beyond impressed, but I am dubious.

2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Jenn Fessler bugs me,  she’s everyone’s friend.  She Rolls in, has her cookies and tea, then rolls in to another house and does the same.  So far, shes everyone’s friends.  Dying to know who she picks as her bestie, if anyone.

I stick by my feeling that a friend to all is a friend to none.'

21 hours ago, ZettaK said:

How many times is Danielle going to relaunch her company?

As many times as she wants attention.  She also doesn't have much else to offer other than trashiness and temper.  I don't think the father story line is keeping many (if any) on tenterhooks.

19 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Gia is an adult, attends the housewife functions, comments freely on various situations, and seems to be acting as a housewife-in-training or "friend" but she doesn't want anyone to say her name or talk about her? Sorry, babydoll, you lose the protective shield afforded to housewife kids if you want to run with the big dogs.

In fairness, Fuda had no business bringing her into the conversation. It had no bearing on his beef with Teresa and Louis and was not like the analogy brought up by Jackie in the past.  It was just a ploy on his part to poke at Teresa.  Once he did I think Gia had every right to bring it up.  

2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Agree. Melissa wants her family on the show in the hopes to push Teresa out. She wants her to have some comeuppance for acting like Melissa should be let go. If we had seen the cousin in earlier seasons it might make sense for Joe to officiate on the show. Instead they introduce him 10 seasons in?  The cast being there was very odd. I wouldn’t invite my coworkers to my cousins wedding. Makes it look like the whole thing was for show. The grooms got to be on tv and Joe Gorga got a stamp on his gay passport.

Then she brought the same cousin with her when she was on the Jeff Lewis podcast...during Pride month.  Despite that she still is the least interesting cast member.  

Edited by ichbin
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
7 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I stick by my feeling that a friend to all is a friend to none.

Fessler's job this season seems to be shit stirrer. "Jen said this." "Danielle said that." And so on...

Obviously, Dolores would have been production's choice, but she seems to maintaining her Switzerland position for the time being. 

• Like 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Gia is an adult, attends the housewife functions, comments freely on various situations, and seems to be acting as a housewife-in-training or "friend" but she doesn't want anyone to say her name or talk about her? Sorry, babydoll, you lose the protective shield afforded to housewife kids if you want to run with the big dogs.

Hahaha

Like Kim D!

IMG_0639.jpeg

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

I'm going to say it...this show has jumped the shark. These women are boring and it has become an hour of publicity for these ladie's various and sundry businesses and /or fund raisers. I mean another hour of Bougee Kidz (sp?) PR? Enough already...

Also...just a comment on Gia...she's on the show in snippets because there is a new reality show that will be shown soon and she's in it. It's about a bunch of young adults who recently graduated from college and are navigating the real world of jobs, relationships, etc...I had a feeling that she was going to turn up on some kind of reality show on Bravo when they started to put her on RHONJ last season.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
20 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Wow !   Delores putting up her money to go into business with Paulie sounds very risky.  For her sake, I hope it goes well.

Will the new business be added to the marital property pile? Sounds like the wife is playing the long game. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, ichbin said:

I have my doubts as to whether or not the person on the phone was actually a staff member of his physician's office.  Have any of you spoken to a nurse or other staff member, told them to get the doctor while you hold on, and then have them actually do that with the doctor coming right to the phone?  In this day and age??  If it actually happened that way I'm beyond impressed, but I am dubious.

Very good point! The call had to be staged and probably from someone in production. 
The doctors office calls the patient.   Even if you pester them for information like Margaret did, you usually don’t get the results any sooner. The doctor usually does a call back upon request. 

• Like 4

So, Paulie isn't divorced yet and is starting a business with Dolores. When the divorce goes through, does Paulie's wife get half of his share/earnings of the business? Obviously a hypothetical question as I have no idea what the state laws are where they filed for divorce (if they filed in the U.S., that is), but come ON Dolores. WTF are you thinking????

What kind of HIPAA was the tech/medical employee + doctor avoiding when they decided to blab to Marge everything that was going on with Joe? Here's hoping production cut out Joe giving his permission to get the results and the next steps with the MRI.

These tacky-assed styles just reek of Danielle and her low-class taste. They look like the clearance rack at a ROSS.

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 4.35.24 PM.png

• Like 7
  • Applause 1