Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E37: Power Of Veto Competition #12

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I have been waiting for weeks and weeks to see Frankie sent packing and it FINALLY HAPPENED! 

I loved Cody's swagger step to tell Derrick he won the Veto.  It was adorable. 

Frankie tried to save himself, but he knew the fix was in.  If things went according to Shelley, I would have loved Cody to use the Veto, but use it on Victoria just to let Frankie know FOR SURE that he was going home.  Frankie's speech was 1000% about Frankie.  He's such an egomaniac.  Boo. 

I was disappointed that Frankie got mostly cheers, not because I'm evil and want to see him boo'ed...which is partly true, but because it highlights how bizarre Christine's boos were.  Frankie has said and done worse IMO.  Frankie did put on a good face when leaving the house and didn't show any bitterness.  He seems to be like the rest of the jury and has decided that Derrick is a shoe in to win the game.

Derrick for HoH!  YAY!!!!  Go get it son!  Unless he wins POV, Caleb's time in the BB house is ticking.

• Love 2

I still believe that there was booing and that it was edited out and the cheering amplified especially after the show started off by mentioning "Ariana's brother" and that the audience was strangely quiet when Frankie was being interviewed except for the laughter when Frankie started squealing when his sister was mentioned. That looked like the most edited eviction interview ever.

I laughed when Frankie's mouth opened in "shock" when he was evicted but his little speeches showed he was prepared.

My satellite went out due to a storm, too, so I watched the rest online but missed part of the speeches. He told Cody he's "had better". Why do they call Florida the Sunshine State when it feels like it's always raining?

I had previously posted in the wrong thread.

• Love 3

Well, on the good side - Frankie is GONE!  However, that twit did NOT get the audience he deserved.

I went and powervoted my 20 votes for Donny.  Guess I know what my mornings will contain - voting Donny!  I'm too afraid a split of votes between Donny and Zach will open the door for Frankie...so doing what I can to vote Donny in that winner's seat.

• Love 5

My dish went out!  Can someone please give me details of how Frankie went out with as much detail as you can muster?  I have waited all season for this and I lost connection!!!!!!!!!! I need details.  I am begging. 

Thank God Frankie is off my screen. I cannot handle him anymore. Or his preening, stupid face. Or his ridiculous glitter. Or his overly affected way of talking. Or him bringing up that damn sister of his every five seconds. Or his stupid lie about wanting to keep Donny. Or really, anything about him. Go away, Frankie, go far far away!

I like Derrick, am happy he won HOH, and am rooting for him to win, but I can't anymore with his constant talking with his hands in the DR. What IS that? It's like an invisible person keeps flapping them around for some unknown reason. Just terrible.

Poor Victoria. Going to be completely useless until the bitter end.

• Love 5

I am so glad that Frankie is out.  However, it was painful to watch this episode what with all of his over the top reactions and glitter bomb as he entered the studio.  It really bothered me when Julie called him  an 'entertainer' when he went on and on with his speech before the vote.  I can't believe that Julie bought into his act and even was encouraging to him.  

I am actually finally vested in this season as I just didn't like Frankie's attention seeking and over reactions.

• Love 2

For words707,

He had to give a speech to everyone before he left out the door.

To Cody:  I've had better
To Victoria: pretty much about her being a non-competitor
To Caleb: handed him back the chess pieces and said he may be a queen but he's (referring to himself) as the King
To Derrick: totally forgot what he said to him

He walked out, twirled, threw glitter up in the air

Fawned over Julie, she did the same to him

Crowd gave loud cheers - CBS employees and friends - so no surprise there

His "keep me in the house speech" was like he was on Broadway - huge performance

Just glad he's gone.  Others can add more details.

• Love 2

I still believe that there was booing and that it was edited out and the cheering amplified especially after the show started off by mentioning "Ariana's brother" and that the audience was strangely quiet when Frankie was being interviewed except for the laughter when Frankie started squealing when his sister was mentioned. That looked like the most edited eviction interview ever.

I laughed when Frankie's mouth opened in "shock" when he was evicted but his little speeches showed he was prepared.

My satellite went out due to a storm, too, so I watched the rest online but missed part of the speeches. He told Cody he's "had better". Why do they call Florida the Sunshine State when it feels like it's always raining?

I had previously posted in the wrong thread.

What link did you use?  I searched for a live steam and the one I found did not work.  But the time I fucked with that the show was over. 

• Love 1

Well, I couldn't dislike Frankie any more than I did already, so him being painfully insufferable in his exit interview did nothing for me in that respect.  But Julie, JULIE, giggling like a little fangirl and encouraging him?!? No.  Unacceptable.  Also, since they didn't boooooooo I'm going to booooooo the audience.  Boooooo.

I 100% think Derrick changed his answer on that early Before/After question because he heard the audience gasp when he picked the wrong one.  Cody should be HoH.  I have no horse in this race though, so whatever.

Funny that 3/7 questions were specifically about Zach.  Ha.  

(moved this from the wrong thread)

• Love 5

I will say, that I thought it was incredibly funny how Frankie was all, "OMG Caleb is so my target next week if you all keep me here. I'm totally going after him." Really Frankie? I think Caleb is going on the block almost no matter what since he can't play for HOH. So if he didn't go up initially, and someone else won POV, he would be on the block. and the HOH doesn't vote. So how exactly is Caleb going to be your target in the f4?? 

• Love 2

I can't remember any details.  He puts on such a fake façade that I find him totally unmemorable.  Its one big blur of annoyance.

painfully insufferable

That is a very good description of Frankie.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 4

I dream of cherry pies, Candy bars, and chocolate chip cookies.

And Frankie crying into his dirty socks.  What a whiny loser.

I was hoping Victoria could pull out a win, but I hope to win Powerball too.  Derrick has this almost in the bag  I see Caleb and his bloody hands going next if he loses Veto.  

I heard one brief "boo" for His Pinkness and the applause was polite, at best

Did Julie really buy his schtick?  I thought she was smarter than that., or just that slick.

I expected more theatrics from Frankie; he was almost subdued (for him)

My dish went out!  Can someone please give me details of how Frankie went out with as much detail as you can muster?  I have waited all season for this and I lost connection!!!!!!!!!! I need details.  I am begging. 

Most have summarized, but it was OVERWHELMINGLY underwhelming.  Not at all what he deserved.

• Love 3

For words707,

He had to give a speech to everyone before he left out the door.

To Cody:  I've had better

To Victoria: pretty much about her being a non-competitor

To Caleb: handed him back the chess pieces and said he may be a queen but he's (referring to himself) as the King

To Derrick: totally forgot what he said to him

He walked out, twirled, threw glitter up in the air

Fawned over Julie, she did the same to him

Crowd gave loud cheers - CBS employees and friends - so no surprise there

His "keep me in the house speech" was like he was on Broadway - huge performance

Thank you dusky and I love that you call me "words" instead of wings. Keep it up, I am a grammar freak. 

Not to worry, Frankie will read the feedback and never publicly admit he is not bothered, but he will be. That is what I am telling myself to feel better.  Probably good not to dash my fantasy.  I will get twitchy and swear a lot.  

Bye girl!

Thank goodness he is gone. Although that face he gave when Julie said his name? Priceless!

Thoughts on Vic's outfit? wow..she went all out lol

What did it look like?

• Love 2

Did Julie really buy his schtick?  I thought she was smarter than that., or just that slick.

I don't think she cares.  For someone who claims she wanted to be a serious journalist before getting forced onto Big Brother, I don't understand why she never goes for the obvious question.

Like when Frankie said he was playing for charity (which will never be challenged now that he's not in line for the Big prize), Julie didn't follow up with are you donating the TA money?  He would have done it if called out on air too.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 2

Loved how the audience laughed when Victoria said that she had "fought hard to be here" in her goodbye speech.

I may have blinked and missed it, but did the remaining houseguests listen at the door to see what Frankie's audience reception was?  I may have missed it, but I don't recall them talking about whether he got boos or cheers or at least compare them to other evictees', as per usual.  

• Love 3

Thank you dusky and I love that you call me "words" instead of wings. Keep it up, I am a grammar freak.

Sorry wings707.  Can I blame it on the fact I'm at a bookstore workshop all week here in FL? :D

Victoria was wearing a long black dress without straps.  Lipstick was a deep red.  Hair braided as usual.

Edited by duskyliterati
  • Love 1

Sorry wings707.  Can I blame it on the fact I'm at a bookstore workshop all week here in FL? :D

Victoria was wearing a long black dress without straps.  Lipstick was a deep red.  Hair braided as usual.

and the heels!

A bit much for BB eviction night...but I too am from Brooklyn...and I would not wear that..but then again I am older lol

No need for an excuse.  I love the handle words!  Their proper usage is important to me!  

Edited by wings707

I don't think she cares.  For someone who claims she wanted to be a serious journalist before getting forced onto Big Brother, I don't understand why she never goes for the obvious question.

Like when Frankie said he was playing for charity (which will never be challenged now that he's not in line for the Big prize), Julie didn't follow up with are you donating the TA money?  He would have done it if called out on air too.

Loved how the audience laughed when Victoria said that she had "fought hard to be here" in her goodbye speech.

I may have blinked and missed it, but did the remaining houseguests listen at the door to see what Frankie's audience reception was?  I may have missed it, but I don't recall them talking about whether he got boos or cheers or at least compare them to other evictees', as per usual.  

These are two reasons why I believe booing was edited or else the audience was highly coached. [snip]

• Love 1

I remember back when she was something of a serious journalist.  I was one of the 217 people who watched "The Early Show" because of her.   I hadn't heard she was "forced" onto BB.  My company forced me into other areas many times.  As in "this is your new boss/assignment or there's the door".  She could have made it as a journalist elsewhere, but has done very well for herself.

Sadly, no follow up on Frankie's BS  Ariana is too important to The Network, and Mrs. CEO.

• Love 2

Honestly, I may be in the minority, but I still liked Frankie right up to the end.  That being said, I was glad he didn't get booed when he left.  However, his reign in the house was ready to come to an end.  I didn't figure him a chance to win for a while now, so it was just as well.  I'm sure he and Zach will get to hang out for the next week.  I miss Zankie, times like these are when i wish we saw more of the sequester house.

Sure Frankie can be a bit OTT, but with the remaining four, I'm thinking it could be dull in the Big Brother house itself.  We still have the pretty that is Cody to look at.  Same can be said for Caleb to some degree.  I'm hoping for a Derrick win I think, just because he has played a great game with very little blood on his hands.  I think he could beat any one of the remaining three.

If any of the remaining three had brains, they would be smartest to eliminate derrick if they want to win for this very reason.  I think Cody stands the best chance next.  I think anyone could win against Victoria if they brought her to F2 just because she never really won anything.  Caleb competes well enough, but he's just been so all over the place that I'm not sure where he stands with the jury at this point.  I think either Cody or Derrick could win against either of the other two.

Cody/Derrick might be a closer call, but some people seem annoyed by Cody and not Derrick at this point.  So I see Derrick with the advantage here as well. 

• Love 3

Yeah, so that wasn't live right...giving production plenty of time to stack the audience with CBS plants to make sure Frankie didn't get the booing of a lifetime. Oh and if Julie Chen hadn't spent so much time stroking the creep's ego she wouldn't have had to rush Cody through his liesurely flipping.

It didn't really matter who won HOH because they would have just done Derrick's bidding...which I have a feeling will be the elimination of Beast Mode Cowboy.

Fast forward through most of the episode....since it was forgone conclusion after Frankie didn't win Veto. It's funny that I didn't enjoy his boot as much as I have been anticipating all summer...only because it was so anti-climatic. It was no blindside because he knew the score...I would have loved to see him go out in a blindside...worst cast Big Brother player ever and that includes the likes of Enzo and Adam Baller.

• Love 1
I loved Cody's swagger step to tell Derrick he won the Veto.  It was adorable.

Agreed.  So cute.  Cody has gotten on my nerves a lot this season, but he is attractive, and things like his striptease for Sick Jocasta and that little swagger step have been fun to watch. 

Do you think that the hamsters could hear the audience at all during that HOH competition?  I'm thinking of when Derrick switched his answer at the last second (after the audience gasp).

I'm no expert on the taping set-ups, but I think they could definitely hear the audience.  And I hadn't even thought about it effecting Derrick's answer.  Interesting.  Although, I don't think HOH matters that much at this point - it's all about POV.

That looked like the most edited eviction interview ever.

100%.  I'm a huge fan of Julie ordinarily because I think she's a smart lady and she sometimes throws some super subtle shade, which I appreciate, and so her pandering to Frankie annoyed me.  And while I hate that Frankie got the edited eviction, I kind of understand why they really don't want booing.  Frankie was asking about Ariana's album, and Julie just repeated "No outside information."  I think that's the one thing the show tries to be consistent about, not giving the HGs any info other than what the HGs see/ hear and what production chooses to tell them, and I think they were caught off guard by the Christine boos during the double eviction.  

But, most importantly, FRANKIE IS OFF OF MY TV!!!  I'm thrilled, y'all.  THRILLED.  

ETA: Julie is married to the head of the network.  She isn't "forced" in to anything!

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 3

Cody has some fucking nerve saying he could see Britanys forehead a mile away and can't miss Derricks piglet nose. Code, you're short in height and the penis department so far from physically perfect yourself.

I'm not even being snarky, Moptorias voice rivals Fran Dreschers, Gilbert Godfrieds, and Linda Rickmans for most ANNOYING and GRATING. Cut that shit out lady.

If Cody can win the final HOH and have the stones to evict Derrick, he wins.  Big Move.  If he keeps Derrick, he blows 450K.

Hmm this has me thinking....  Maybe Derrick is finally gonna be willing to send his girl Victoria to the jury.  If she goes there then she can make sure she works the votes for him there and then Derrick would go back to being the house guest that both Cody or Caleb would pick as the Final 2.  Caleb and Cody would be too threatened by each other which is ironically hilarious.  

• Love 1

Frankie is all about his image.  He had a strong inkling that Donny was a favorite after the "overwhelming no" incident, and so he mentioned Donny at the end very strategically to attempt to gain favor with the American public.  Likewise about the charity.  There is nothing warm or genuine about this guy, he is calculating and fake to his core. I truly believe that.

• Love 11

There weren't boos but the cheering seemed subdued.

I didn't think the cheering sounded subdued or canned.  Whether they stacked the audience or amped up the volume, I can't say.

The only conspiracy theory I can come up with is that when Cody voted it seemed liked there was background noise that made me take notice and I took as the audience not particularly on Frankie's side.  But since I wasn't paying a lot of attention, I was looking for confirmation on Derrick's vote and it seemed like they muted the audience (or I was imagining things with Cody).

Edited by ParadoxLost

"I noticed he started a small campaign for that by throwing derrick under the bus for wanting to get Donny out"

As if even casual viewers won't remember his overwhelming play idea, instead of the save Donny mission.  Derrick is just as guilty, but fan favorite is much less important to him.

• Love 2

There weren't boos but the cheering seemed subdued.  I Just want to see Frankie's face if he sees that he's not in the top two for America's favourite.  I noticed he started a small campaign for that by throwing derrick under the bus for wanting to get Donny out

Yeah - I thought...'Isn't that cute:  Frankie forgot about live feeds!'

• Love 1
Code, you're short in height and the penis department so far from physically perfect yourself.​

Petunia13, we're going to have to agree to disagree on this point!  Not saying Cody is physically perfect, but he's definitely on the high end of the attractive scale.  And I've seen him showering, and even if he's a grower not a shower, he seems to be doing okay in the down-below area!

/end of Turtle being a lecherous old woman

• Love 3

Not saying Cody is physically perfect, but he's definitely on the high end of the attractive scale.  And I've seen him showering, and even if he's a grower not a shower, he seems to be doing okay in the down-below area!

Wait, wait, wait just a doggone minute!  Please back up your statement with a picture, or two, of Mr. Cody growing in the shower. Pleaseandthankyouverymuch.

• Love 1