Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E.15: Plot Twist (Season Finale)

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

It would be an interesting psychological study on how being a reality tv star impacts you

Badly

• Like 3

Broke and Scheana were cut from the same cloth - they are loyal to who gives them stuff/money. Say hello to your kids for me, Broke. Oh, that's right - you only have contact with the one. Seriously, last night Scheana and her meat puppet crossed an invisible line for me. They are as disgusting as Sandoval.

And Scheana's crying and hemming and hedging - has NOTHING to do with being torn between Sandoval and Ariana. She's crying because she's breaking up with Ariana, CLEARLY making her choice, and she knows it will make her look bad, and maybe a tiny part of her feels guilty. She's a terrible friend who equates money and gifts with love, despite claiming to having so many "bast frands." Ariana, run, girl. Just run. 

I've always been in the minority about Katie - I've always liked her, even through the rage texts and anger. Women are allowed being angry. I put myself in her shoes - if I was divorcing my husband, and a mutual "friend" sent me a text like that then MOVED IN with my recent ex? Yeah, I'd have feelings, and I'd be tired of seeing her show up everywhere. I'm kind of blown away by the attitude that people should immediately get over breakups and have no emotions about them after. Again, Lauren from Utah, let's bring Rand into the situation. 

It's kind of sad because the whole yearbook photo moment at the end ... these folks have all had a decade to make something else in their lives happen than this show. I'm glad Ariana is taking advantage of all she can and working her ass off on Broadway, etc. But James is truly the only one who has taken this show and used it most to his advantage. Broke and Scheana are panicking, thinking of the loss of their Bravo check because they are talentless hacks. And if they could STILL make $ supporting Ariana - they would be, and they'd still be Team Ariana. This is another reason they're bitter. It's gross. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 7
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Lassus said:

I know the reaction is more split, but Katie's interaction with Jo was the horrible unjustified full-of-herself bitchiness that the anti-Ariana camp has been accusing her of.  "You moved on someone I didn't want anyhow too fast!"  Enough, Dark Cloud Katie. 

Couldn't disagree more. Much like this expectation that Ariana immediately forgive Sandoval, why wouldn't Katie be angry with someone who acted like friend, claiming to love her, who then immediately moved in & on her ex before they were even divorced?  

If anything, Katie's shown herself to be the true ride or die, voice of reason, morale compass this show desperately needs...including the boss quote "when a guy fucks over your friend, fuck the guy" Exactly.

Take a seat, Scheana & Lala. Stop treating Ariana like your meal ticket all the while claiming to be her friend. She doesn't owe you (or the viewers) her peace & sanity. Sandoval's rant and ensuing hot mic moment AGAIN showed the world exactly who he is. The fact that they'll continue to defend him while criticizing Ariana is now showing everyone who they really are. 

Edited by snarts
  • Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

What’s the deal with the effusive Applebee’s name-dropping? 

4 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Some money changed hands? 

I'm thinking that Chili's wasn't too happy when they heard the comments about going to and "living for" Applebee's....they dropped a bunch of cash on that dumb commercial on Bravo that features Scheana and Katie! 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, snarts said:

Couldn't disagree more. Much like this expectation that Ariana immediately forgive Sandoval, why wouldn't Katie be angry with someone who acted like friend, claiming to love her, who then immediately moved in & on her ex before they were even divorced? 

I get it, sure.  Perhaps it's subjective, and for me with Katie it's a body of work over time.  But it's not like Raquel and Ariana.  When, ever, did Katie ever do anything with Jo at all?   

Anyhow, again, I hear you.  I don't feel massively strongly on it, I mostly feel bad for the weirdo and dislike Katie.  But even if I don't like Katie she can't approach the toxic shittiness of Schwartz.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

Same old $hit: Katie being bitter.

LaLa being reasonable. Scheana making sense regarding her Sandoval relationship. Ariana still being a bitch. If I were her "new" bf I would be so over her obsession with Sandoval cheating on her. You got a bf you supposedly think is awesome. Poor guy has to listen to Ariana constantly talking about her ex. 

No sighting of LVP! But the finale is not over yet!

What evidence is there that Dan (right? I think it's Dan) listens to her "constantly talking about her ex"? Or an "obsession"? Haha, there is neither. Seems like we see her talk about him only when other people bring him up and we've seen her tell them that she doesn't want to talk about him. And reasonable pre-soft Lala wigged out over someone playing pickleball with her ex.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, lasu said:

Yeah, I could totally see him being someone she could count on if something happened like her grandmother dying. 

Oh wait. 

Lol! You got me there! Okay, let me preface my comment… as long as Sandoval has the opportunity to plan elaborate costumes and sets, he’s your go-to guy. 😆

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

When has Lala EVER shown her real life on this show? Cause we all know she's been fake as hell this season buddying up to Sandoval and Jo.  Don't even get me started on "I'm being soft right now" bull.  Oh wait, I forgot her water tasting event and her sponsored sperm party. For YEARS Lala has lied/hid things on this show. She denied she was dating a married man, made cast members sign NDAs and once she brought Randall on the show all we heard was how great a man he is.  

Being "real" isn't being forced to have a conversation with your abusive ex just so he can look good. We all know it wasn't going to go well and probably would have just subjected her to more hurt.  What was real was getting the hell out of there and going to Applebees.

Scheana is gross.  She, Brock and Lala see relationships as transactional.  "What can you do for me?" I don't fault them for filming with Sandoval but she's gone out of her way to try to redeem someone that doesn't deserve it. James films with Sandoval but isn't constantly talking to Ariana about "how he's changed." What's sad is Scheana SO cares about what the audience thinks about her and she's going to get slaughtered over this.  

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Lol! You got me there! Okay, let me preface my comment… as long as Sandoval has the opportunity to plan elaborate costumes and sets, he’s your go-to guy. 😆

Thanks for taking that with grace!! And I agree, if Arianna had let him produce her grandmother's funeral, he might have been there!

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

For anyone that has Peacock, I highly recommend watching the after show- this week Ariana was discussing how Tom never tried to actually apologize off-camera - which I believe, but that’s hard to prove right?   Cut to a few minutes later Tom says something like “yeah I should have given her a genuine apology… I can still do it at the reunion.”  😂 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
16 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

For anyone that has Peacock, I highly recommend watching the after show- this week Ariana was discussing how Tom never tried to actually apologize off-camera - which I believe, but that’s hard to prove right?   Cut to a few minutes later Tom says something like “yeah I should have given her a genuine apology… I can still do it at the reunion.”  😂 

It also has Good As Gold, the random fan getting into a bonkers fight, and I don't think anyone has mentioned the hot mic moment right at the very end.  Schwartz says something about Arianna leaving being a plot twist, and then Sandoval starts laughing and says, "yeah but it's good for ME."  Ugh.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I'm thinking that Chili's wasn't too happy when they heard the comments about going to and "living for" Applebee's....they dropped a bunch of cash on that dumb commercial on Bravo that features Scheana and Katie! 

Now I'm wondering if that's why Katie wasn't with them at the end.

Ariana: Hey! Come with us. We're going to Applebee's.
Katie: Shit. I can't. I have an exclusive with Chili's...

• LOL 5
13 hours ago, Marley said:

Lala is the worst. Who gives a shit what she thinks.

Brock can shut up at anytime lol.

Sandoval is such a whiny bitch narc. He just had to keep being the victim.

Of course Scheana loves Sandoval. He just has to buy her love and compliment her stupid shit. She doesn’t care how ppl actually are.

Why must I watch perform. No thanks.

Jo trying to get her moment. She’s a complete fake.

I like Daniel. He seems chill.

Sandoval introducing himself was so awkward. He just always comes across as such a fake dbag. I don’t know how anyone can buy this bull shit Sandoval redemption arc. He’s not even pulling it off in any way. He can barely pretend to be sorry.

Scheana needs to just shut up about Sandoval and talking about him to Ariana.

Ariana sure has to comfort Scheana a lot about a situation that isn’t really about Scheana.

Oh poor Sandoval is just trying to apologize. Shit the fuck up you loser.

Billie Lee go the fuck away.

Ariana was completely right about Sandoval and his fake as redemption arc look at his little freak out at the end. That’s the real bitch ass Sandoval.

LaLa can’t even hide her jealousy. She wished everyone rallied around her when her joke fiancé cheated on her. That’s the real root of her anger. Everyone should go be friends with Rand lol. He didn’t murder anyone so who cares.

Oh also Lala should remember when she was being fake and hiding her life Ariana was always there for her.

This seems like the end of the show to me. It probably should be.

All this 100%. 

• Like 5

Lauren from Utah was seething with jealousy. When she called Dan "a square", when Dan has been nothing but nice and normal. She's probably jealous that after her break-up, she didn't immediately find a nice guy that would treat her well. She just got The Don. And her final rant was just ridiculous. It seems like they all thought that it's the finale party so Ariana and Tom need to have a conversation when Ariana has made it clear that she has no desire to speak to him. She stated her boundaries and has never wavered. She said she's the final level in Tom's redemption video game and she's not giving him that because she knows it's performative. 

Tom's rant about how "she's talked shit about all of you" was also ridiculous because they've all talked shit about each other! They've all been on this show for years, there have been many fights, people get along one season and hate each other the next. Yes, I'm sure that Ariana at some point has talked shit about Lala and Scheana. It wouldn't be recent since she stopped speaking to Tom. He is clearly grasping at straws trying to get the cast and the audience to hate Ariana. His hot mic moment proved exactly who he is. He's loving the fact that Lala and Scheana are mad at Ariana. 

A part of me wishes she would leave the show but another part of me hopes she sticks around because it pisses Sandoval off. He can never have his true redemption arc because she will be there to shut it down and reveal his true colors. 

"Tom didn't make a mistake, he made choices." Thank you Katie! A random drunk hookup that you regret the next day is a mistake, a months long affair under your partner's nose with her friend is a choice. 

Also, who was that rando that tried dancing with them in VIP and then got kicked out? A friend of Kyle's? He clearly didn't care about how he looked because his face wasn't blurred out.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I wonder if she either wasn't invited to the Chili's commercial, or she knows they did a Chili's commercial together without her, so she's shadily promoting Applebee's to fuck with Chili's...🤭 And maybe also hoping to get an Applebee's commercial...

Edited by Aim123
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
9 hours ago, Stiggs said:

Broke and Scheana were cut from the same cloth - they are loyal to who gives them stuff/money.

She's a terrible friend who equates money and gifts with love, despite claiming to having so many "bast frands."  

I've always been in the minority about Katie - I've always liked her, even through the rage texts and anger. Women are allowed being angry.

I'm not sure why, but I've always liked Scheana and I find she's always been fairly open about her life, even when it put her in a bad light or made her appear so desperate and clingy.

I also understand her friendship with others is shown by her thoughtfulness, generosity and loyalty (and she doesn't lie).  I'm the same way, so when a friend makes a thoughtful (or grand) gesture towards me, I sit up and take note. Tom is smart and knows how to provide grand gestures, and Scheana needs to be herself, and if her friends don't like what she's doing, she needs to recognize it's a "their problem".

I've usually enjoyed Katie and I love her looks, but I don't like how she continues to treat Jo. I don't care what Jo has done; Schwartz likes her as a good friend. Jo was always friends with the Toms, and I do recognize that she was in the mix with Rachel and the Toms, but again, I think she just really enjoyed hanging with the Toms.

If Schwartz was unaware of Sandoval and Rachel until the last minute, why is Katie assuming Jo knew about Rachel and Tom right away? Rachel admitted she didn't tell anyone of the affair.

• Like 1

On the aftershow, Scheana said something about how Lala built an empire. And now I have a genuine question...

Did Lala build an empire? What is this empire? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
4 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Excellent post. I realized that Sandoval can't even change his behavior because he doesn't recognize when his behavior is horrible. Everything to him is transactional. His first thought when Ariana stormed out was "that'll look great for me." He assumes everyone thinks like him, but he doesn't comprehend filming someone without having to interact. I understand Ariana's "grey rocking" and she doesn't need to speak to Tom to be on VPR.

He doesn't truly "get it" because he is a narcissist. He figures after being caught in the affair, and discussing it, he should then be accepted and forgiven by all. He may say some good words, but he doesn't have an empathy chip, so he won't be able to maintain this empathetic posturing..

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

What evidence is there that Dan (right? I think it's Dan) listens to her "constantly talking about her ex"

Only "the evidence" the producers give us. That's all I have to go on, to establish my opinions, thoughts, perspectives.

Maybe A&D are madly in love and will go on to make babies, get married and live happily for eternity.

Katie is always going to Katie but I can't fault her when it comes to Jo.  If it meant being with that dirty, wet, smelly dishtowel of a man known as Schwartz Jo would rent the first box truck she could find and run Katie down then back over the corpse then prop it up just to run it down again.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
(edited)
18 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

Only "the evidence" the producers give us. That's all I have to go on, to establish my opinions, thoughts, perspectives.

Maybe A&D are madly in love and will go on to make babies, get married and live happily for eternity.

We agree: no evidence of “constantly.” And maybe they will; I don’t care or know.

I really thought that James was about to propose to Ally and that she was trying to get ahead of and avoid it. 

Ugh, Sandoval sidling up to Dan so deliberately was so cringeworthy — not that he shouldn’t have said hi and intruded himself, but oh my goodness, wait for an actual organic kind of scenario, like, say, if they just happen to be standing near each other at the bar or if one of them reflexively holds open a door for the other or something. 

ETA: Haha! I typed "intruded" when I meant "introduced"! I guess it still works?

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Katie W said:

When has Lala EVER shown her real life on this show? Cause we all know she's been fake as hell this season buddying up to Sandoval and Jo.  Don't even get me started on "I'm being soft right now" bull.  Oh wait, I forgot her water tasting event and her sponsored sperm party. For YEARS Lala has lied/hid things on this show. She denied she was dating a married man, made cast members sign NDAs and once she brought Randall on the show all we heard was how great a man he is.  

Being "real" isn't being forced to have a conversation with your abusive ex just so he can look good. We all know it wasn't going to go well and probably would have just subjected her to more hurt.  What was real was getting the hell out of there and going to Applebees.

Scheana is gross.  She, Brock and Lala see relationships as transactional.  "What can you do for me?" I don't fault them for filming with Sandoval but she's gone out of her way to try to redeem someone that doesn't deserve it. James films with Sandoval but isn't constantly talking to Ariana about "how he's changed." What's sad is Scheana SO cares about what the audience thinks about her and she's going to get slaughtered over this.  

You hit nail on the head here with the word "transactional." I frankly never judged her for it, but Lala bragged about BJs for PJs. She thought she snagged her wallet with Rand. Scheana wants all of the attention and only thinks that love=money. She is quite possibly the most desperate person on TV - and that's saying a LOT with Atlanta Kim breathing air - and I think her soul is just shallow and malformed. Both of them are just sad individuals. 

Also, Lala doesn't yet have the wisdom to know that going through rough shit doesn't automatically give you wisdom. But great audition work for The Valley. 

I used to think Sandoval was mildly entertaining but he's always been a dyed-in-the-wool misogynist. It's grown, and multiplied - and he's downright frightening. He has no idea that he's shit, and guys like that... 

Agreed that Ally just bought herself another year before James seriously brings up marriage again. James looks at her like Rob looks at Amber. I've become fond of DJ Muppet Baby, and I hope it works out for these two crazy kids. But mostly so Graham Hippie and the cats don't have to be in a broken home. :)

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Stiggs said:

Agreed that Ally just bought herself another year before James seriously brings up marriage again. James looks at her like Rob looks at Amber. I've become fond of DJ Muppet Baby, and I hope it works out for these two crazy kids. But mostly so Graham Hippie and the cats don't have to be in a broken home. :)

Would you mind explaining this reference? Thank you!

I, too, hope that James and Ally stay together for the dog and cats.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Would you mind explaining this reference? Thank you!

I, too, hope that James and Ally stay together for the dog and cats.

Oh, gosh, sorry I didn't explain! Boston Rob is a guy who has been on Survivor a billion times, and during one of the seasons he met his wife, Amber. I'm never one for a reality showmance but LORDY he was so in love. Apologies for my Survivor reference! 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Leaving the fancy party for Applebee’s made me laugh.

Just goes to show how much all of them are still trying to live in their "20-something" lives and how they have not really progressed from that.  In reality, they are all still trying to be the young, hip, cool kids that live on cheap drinks and even cheaper food.  

Or, maybe, they really just cannot afford anything better than Applebee's?  

I'm not saying that Applebee's is not good, but to me, it is definitely a place more enjoyed by 20-somethings on a budget than those in their 40's who are supposedly living a more "upscale" lifestyle.  These VPR cast members are such a study in contrariety.  They want to be perceived as living the ultimate upscale lifestyle (million dollar homes, designer clothes, etc.), but still are jonesing for the greasy, deep-fried "2 for $20" apps and $1.00 margaritas at Applebee's.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 4

This is totally off topic but since Survivor Boston Rob was brought up, I'm starting to think Applebee's has invested a ton of money in product placement cause the last episode of Survivor was so focused on Applebee's that it was getting out of control lol 🤣

Anyways.. back to our regularly scheduled programming...

I know there are factions that are siding with Ariana vs the rest of the group or whatever the division is but I really have to give it to her to stand her ground to not want to talk to Sandoval. She has not wavered one bit.   It is well within her right to not want to talk to the man that literally torched her long term dreams (with another cast member who provided veritable on-camera evidence i.e. flirting, ass slapping at Scheana's wedding for the entire world to see).  It is mind-boggling to me to see people angry at her for not wanting to cave in.  I'm looking at you Lala 👀

In my opinion, she's done a stand up job for showing folks how to NOT back down on your personal boundaries, even if it means costing other folks their paychecks--which  it seems like Lala and Scheana are scapegoating her for that (which is infuriating in itself)! 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Stiggs said:

Oh, gosh, sorry, I didn't explain! Boston Rob is a guy who has been on Survivor a billion times, and during one of the seasons, he met his wife, Amber. I'm never one for a reality showmance, but, LORDY, he was so in love. Apologies for my Survivor reference! 

Ha!!! Even though I haven’t watched “Survivor” in ages, I watched when it first began airing, so I know exactly whom you are talking about!! What a gorgeous couple!! I just googled them. Their daughters are soooo cute!

At first, when I was reading your post, I saw “Rob” and, of course, I immediately thought of Scheana’s Rob. Amber? Amber Valletta, his older sister, the supermodel? How does Rob look at his sister?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 4
19 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Was this event for a rotgut whiskey Kyle was promoting? I barely remember him as being the jeweler friend who got engagement and or marriage rings for at least two couples on this show.

Was it?  I thought he was opening another branch of his jewelry store?

9 hours ago, lasu said:

Schwartz says something about Arianna leaving being a plot twist, and then Sandoval starts laughing and says, "yeah but it's good for ME."  Ugh.

This was in the regular episode!

4 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Ugh, Sandoval sidling up to Dan so deliberately was so cringeworthy — not that he shouldn’t have said hi and intruded himself, but oh my goodness, wait for an actual organic kind of scenario, like, say, if they just happen to be standing near each other at the bar or if one of them reflexively holds open a door for the other or something. 

I think this was the planned/produced conversation that was to end with him having a private chat with Ariana to end the season - the way the producer freaked out on her is why I think that!

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

Felt like it was obvious Tom was trying to buy Scheana's forgiveness and she is to naive to realize it. 

Lala is jealous of Ariana. While I agree with her Ariana/Tom hid parts of their relationship off camera she should be equally mad at both of them. Instead she is only mad at Ariana. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 5/7/2024 at 10:11 PM, TheCouchPotato said:

Why is everyone pushing that sleezy, greasy scum on Ariana? She summed it up perfectly - she’s the boss level and he’s angry because he can’t beat her and redeem his image.  

She’s handled herself with so much maturity and grace for someone that was humiliated on live TV - I may have run him over. Guy is a conniving dirtbag that can’t act worth his life. Even after all the shit he put her through, he refuses to show one genuine iota of remorse. 

Vanderpump Rules No GIF

👏👏👏 Brilliantly stated!

• Like 4
8 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Just goes to show how much all of them are still trying to live in their "20-something" lives and how they have not really progressed from that.  In reality, they are all still trying to be the young, hip, cool kids that live on cheap drinks and even cheaper food.  

I'm not saying that Applebee's is not good, but to me, it is definitely a place more enjoyed by 20-somethings on a budget than those in their 40's who are supposedly living a more "upscale" lifestyle.  These VPR cast members are such a study in contrariety.  They want to be perceived as living the ultimate upscale lifestyle (million dollar homes, designer clothes, etc.), but still are jonesing for the greasy, deep-fried "2 for $20" apps and $1.00 margaritas at Applebee's.

While I do not like Applebee’s (my friends and I call it Diarrhea City… ‘nough said) I do understand the need for occasional corny chain restaurant food.  It’s more of a comfort/nostalgia thing.  Yes, we are now adults who can afford better… but sometimes you just gotta have the breadsticks at Olive Garden (I highly recommend dunking them in the Alfredo sauce)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Lassus said:

This is in fact both monetarily and.... monetarily.  I don't see much else.

Tom's lying and infidelity is abusive behavior.   If you buy your wife the dress or car or vacation of her dreams and then cheat on her,  you are not going out of your way to go above and beyond.

I can be fair and say that I'm not sure we've seen him be terrible to his friends in the same way he was to Ariana. But for the above, the "I'll always be there for Ariana", that's NOT good or going above and beyond.  It's just a creepy thought about future intrusive, showy behavior.

Have you ever seen a Broadway show?  

Tom is acting for the camera. He wants a moment to shine even though it was ridiculous to say he’ll be there if Ariana needs anything. Why would she want anything from him?
Yes, I’ve been to Broadway shows. Have you? It doesn’t mean Ariana is talented. Erika from BH had a broadway role and she is awful.  I will say Ariana has to be better than Erika. Still, she only got these opportunities because Tom is a shitty person and a cheater.   

• Like 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I'm not saying that Applebee's is not good, but to me, it is definitely a place more enjoyed by 20-somethings

As someone who lived in San Francisco, considering the plethora of excellent dining opportunities for the City by the Bay, even post-pandemic, the choice of Applebee's made me laugh.

As did Lala's choice of Chinese restaurant.  Should have asked a local.  Henry's Hunan - which was once called the "best Chinese restaurant in the WORLD" by Tony Hiss in the New Yorker.  Still alive and kicking' and if you journey to S.F., go visit.  Tell Frank I sent you.  

Edited by Carolina Girl
Because verbs matter
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, njbchlover said:

That was supposed to be the irony. They were supposed to be cute for wanting Applebee's, down to earth, normal. However.. I think there's something behind it and I think it was product placement.

• Like 6
40 minutes ago, Aim123 said:

That was supposed to be the irony. They were supposed to be cute for wanting Applebee's, down to earth, normal. However.. I think there's something behind it and I think it was product placement.

I don't know why/how I arrived at the assumption, but I kept thinking they must have thought they were going to partner with Applebee's but that fell through so it became Chili's. Just weird speculation on my part. Otherwise I have no idea why on earth Applebee's was mentioned so much. 

• Useful 1
On 5/7/2024 at 9:05 PM, snarts said:

Lala is jealous shrew. Loved that the mask slipped entirely & everyone got to see her true colors. Would someone please tell her that they're casting Rand for next season & she's expected to hang out with him. I'll grab the popcorn for her reaction. 

Oh, I would love for that to happen!

On 5/7/2024 at 9:45 PM, Stiggs said:

Also, Jo, I am not sure what you expected, girl. 

I saw something in the media thread that said that Katie felt bad about being a bitch to Jo after seeing this season.

PaulHarvey.thumb.png.981f6fb6ca1da97ba0ffb09d1d62155a.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

As someone who lived in San Francisco, considering the plethora of excellent dining opportunities for the City by the Bay, even post-pandemic, the choice of Applebee's made me laugh.

As did Lala's choice of Chinese restaurant.  Should have asked a local.  Henry's Hunan - which was once called the "best Chinese restaurant in the WORLD" by Tony Hiss in the New Yorker.  Still alive and kicking' and if you journey to S.F., go visit.  Tell Frank I sent you.  

I thought the Applebee's reference was an inside joke.  As you say, the SF area has a great number of excellent restaurants.  Also, we forget but these folks came from the restaurant world and are generally pretty discerning.  My experience only, of course.

WRT the Chinese restaurant, the host/owner/Chef, was the star of a Food Network mini-series (I think it was the Food Network, I don't think it was Bravo).  It had something to do with her expanding her father's business? She catered an event for Kristi Yamaguci, I believe.

• Useful 3
(edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 2:09 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Those gold gloves were too loose and looked like gloves you wear to wash dishes.

They looked like novelty oven mitts to me.

On 5/8/2024 at 2:22 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I thought there was supposed to be some kind of altercation between a non-cast member and Billie Lee? Didn't Sandoval tried to intervene? 

#MeToo I am sure they showed footage of it in the season previews. Maybe Ariana flipping the proverbial script and refusing to talk with Sandoval at the end was judged more interesting? I am assuming it will be part of the "lost footage" special following the reunion episodes. 

On 5/8/2024 at 3:46 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Sandoval hollering that, no, Ariana is the performative one: she actually doesn’t like any of the other cast members and says terrible things about them. 

You know, it's weird that I had never heard of the word "performative" until now, and I heard it at least twice in this ep!

Edited by Gharlane
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
10 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

Oh, I would love for that to happen!

I saw something in the media thread that said that Katie felt bad about being a bitch to Jo after seeing this season.

PaulHarvey.thumb.png.981f6fb6ca1da97ba0ffb09d1d62155a.png

Yup. I read Katie apologized once she saw the episodes. One of the reasons I like Katie - she apologizes when she's wrong. Sometimes she doesn't think she's wrong when she is, lol, but I like that she can admit when she is. I am still not sure what Jo expected that night, other than drama. But thanks for the throwback of Paul Harvey! 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
13 hours ago, princelina said:

This was in the regular episode!

I think this was the planned/produced conversation that was to end with him having a private chat with Ariana to end the season - the way the producer freaked out on her is why I think that!

Oh, probably! But oh my god, people -- how clunky! 

Sometimes, I just try to comment as if it is all...unprompted. And sometimes it is and other times it's not, but I feel like assuming that it all is all fake makes it feel less interesting to post about -- or something like that. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, albarino said:

I thought the Applebee's reference was an inside joke.  As you say, the SF area has a great number of excellent restaurants.  Also, we forget but these folks came from the restaurant world and are generally pretty discerning.  My experience only, of course.

WRT the Chinese restaurant, the host/owner/Chef, was the star of a Food Network mini-series (I think it was the Food Network, I don't think it was Bravo).  It had something to do with her expanding her father's business? She catered an event for Kristi Yamaguci, I believe.

Oh I was sure the Chinese Restaurant they visited was a Bravo set up.  But DO go to Henry's Hunan if you're in the City folks.  It's really worth it..

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Maybe -- though IS Applebee's hip or cool anywhere? They seem to be mainly geared toward suburban families, at least where I am, people taking the kids out after whatever activity or game they just did, toddlers peeking over the back of the booth, all the servers singing some happy birthday song...

Nothing wrong with that; my BF and I go pretty often (they have the Impossible Burger -- I wish they would go ahead and provide some damn vegan cheese to go with it).

My preferred margarita is $13; I don't really know of that's cheap or not, to be honest.

Edited by TattleTeeny
12 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

Lala is jealous of Ariana. While I agree with her Ariana/Tom hid parts of their relationship off camera she should be equally mad at both of them. Instead she is only mad at Ariana. 

I find it very disappointing how the women will turn on each other so quickly if there's a hint of cheating. I don't understand why the men aren't ostracized and verbally abused as well, especially when they are seen chasing these women down.

Yes, Tom FINALLY got his comeuppance, but after multiple flings/ cheating, and only because he fully "emotionally" cheated. I'm still waiting on Schwartz and Jax to face their cumulative fires.

But then I see Katie still treating Jo like crap after maligning her online. Jo is single and doesn't need to answer to anyone, especially Katie who's only an acquaintance.

I like Katie but I don't like how she does not support women other than Ariana. And even with Ariana, it was very slow coming, years in fact.

• Like 1
(edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 3:53 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

The STD condemnation.

It was difficult to hear, but Ariana claim Sandoval gave her VD? 

On 5/8/2024 at 7:46 AM, JenE4 said:

That was an interesting peek behind the fourth wall. I’ve heard that these reality shows are “scripted” in so much as there are specific things cast members are told to talk about at each filming event (which is why every housewives’ dinner is an airing of grievances of past arguments). So apparently Ariana got out of talking to Tom all season just as long as she agreed to have a conversation with him at the finale event. Tom took his cue. Ariana runs off to Applebee's with people who aren’t even on the show. 

Did someone say "plot twist"? 

20 hours ago, princelina said:

No, I am pretty sure I heard someone say he was promoting "his whiskey", whatever that means, plus, there were bottles and signage for it that read something like "Chan's Golden Whisky" all over the place, hence Schemer singing her lame song there.

Edited by Gharlane
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

Did someone say "plot twist"? 

Yes.  Schwarz said it to Sandy, who replied it was good for him and started laughing.

• Angry 1
5 hours ago, Aim123 said:

Listen, liking low-thought, low-level brain-frying junk food isn't always a hipster or sponsorship-driven endeavor.

Sometimes people want, deserve, and like simple trash.

LOOK AT ALL OF US AND THIS SHOW.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

But then I see Katie still treating Jo like crap after maligning her online. Jo is single and doesn't need to answer to anyone, especially Katie who's only an acquaintance.

I think I would assume that someone reaching out to me to show solidarity at the end of my marriage would either be more than an acquaintance or an acquaintance who is trying to become a closer friend. I don't condone how she has treated Jo but I do understand why she would be upset, and I think she has the right to be. Katie just seems to lack a filter. She actually says what most people would just keep to themselves or tell their friends behind the other person's back. I give her props for being upfront, but there is no reason to be outwardly cruel. 

I think it's telling that Schwartz basically gets a pass on his bad behavior because he is sweet, adorable and endearing when he isn't cheating on his girlfriend/wife. He is so much more likeable and does show SOME contrition. Sandoval on the other hand, is gross and just blames everyone else for his bad behavior. I wouldn't be surprised if has BPD. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1