Type keyword(s) to search

S46 Ep. 8 "Hide 'N Seek"

• Start Topic

I don't think Jeff should ever skip the voting.  What people say in front of the others and how they vote in private may be two different things.

Imagine if you wanted a certain person gone, someone who is after you, but everyone else likes.  You could say you wanted to leave and everyone should vote for you -- then go vote for the guy you don't like and play your secret idol, blocking all the votes in your direction.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

On one level I think Q was just plain old ravenously hungry. He was insistent that four people should skip the challenge so they all could get rice.
On another level I agree that a game in which he’s not General Q is a game he no longer wants to play.

I don’t like Venus because I do think she credits herself far too much.  I don’t like Liz for the same reason and because she’s done nothing until the Tevin vote, and because it’s stupid to play on a game show with little food when you’re allergic to the food that’s available.

i like Charlie, he has a social game and a sense of humor, except that I despise how his whole world is Taylor Swift.

i do like Ben, Hunter and Maria. Mixed emotions on Tiffany and Kenzie. I liked Q at the beginning but he’s self-imploded.

I think I wanted Tim to win, but that’s a moot point now.

• Like 3

What in the hell was that tribal? I enjoyed the voting confessionals, and Ben saying "This does not rock", and Tevin echoing it on the way out. But I have no idea what Q was doing - having a tantie? - or where any of it was leading. Tevin had his moments, but most of them annoyed me deeply. Even Jeff looked a bit annoyed as Tevin threw his head back and did that giant laugh before he had his torch snuffed out.

This is the oddest season and cast I can remember. Casting brief: Cast big! Cast egos the size of Jupiter! Cast delusional! Cast obnoxious! Cast loud! Cast histrionic! Cast clueless! Cast those who speak about themselves in the third person and those who believe they will be Survivor Legends!

There's usually one or maybe two of these in a normal season, but they've packed them in like sardines this time. The difficulty is picking out those who are just playing the game with the cards dealt them in the moment. It's exhausting.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Given his previous request to be voted off Yanu instead of Bhanu, I just think he's a quitter and a sore loser. He said himself in this episode the only game he's interested in playing is one he controls. He has either controlled every prior vote or at least thought he did. This is the first time the vote wasn't under his control.

Interesting we are now dead even with three former Yanu, three Nami and three Siga. I wonder if it even matters anymore.

Q’s a legend in his own mind.  I guarantee he will try and spin his whole quitting into something that makes him look positive and like a player-to himself.  Everyone seemed more annoyed that he was ruining their plans and less that they cared if he stayed last night.  I think no one is going to take him seriously or listen to him.  So maybe once he realizes he’s not going to call the shots anymore he really will take his ball and go home. 

I don’t know anymore about the original tribe splits, but Hunter and Venus clearly don’t like each other, and I’m guessing her and Liz aren’t cool either.  I don’t really think Hunter and Liz had problems but since she orchestrated getting Tevin out I doubt there’s any loyalty there.  From a secret scene posted in the media thread, Maria doesn’t seem to completely trust Ben and I think has little use for him and I don’t even know where Charlie stands anymore.  Oddly enough Yanu could have been another underdog Tika 3, which is maybe what Kenzie was going for, until Q went off the rails and now her and Tiffany know he’s not loyal to them.  

I do kind of like though that there isn’t one big alliance mowing everyone down.

• Like 8

Hide and seek providing insight into how someone plays- was Q the same one who figured Moriah was a threat because she said Audrey was her favorite player? I suppose at least no one is basing their alliances on zodiac signs.

Credit for the Soda vote, well, Venus did talk to people about it, even if others got convinced by someone else, they still voted the way she wanted. And if no one else is taking credit... although I'm sure if she makes final tribal, Tevin will stand up, "Um, actually." Not that it matters too much, someone's getting voted out each tribal.

I do still like Venus. I feel like with Gabler, everything his tribe loved about him was hidden from us. Similarly, I think a lot of what Venus has done that has everyone hating her hasn't been shown. I liked her walking in on the voting discussion; if the cool kids are going to sit on the beach while pointing and whispering, I don't think the outcasts should have to just sit and watch. And I do like that's she's trying to play her game and make moves. You've got some like Ben and Hunter, and I'm not sure they have much game plan (besides win every immunity for Hunter). It's too bad that she's pretty bad at it. Shame that the one friend she made got medievac'd out.

In the live thread, someone said Q's confessionals have the caps lock on, and yeah, feeling that. The attitude, the controlling, the everything, it really bugs me. I would have been good with a "you want out? Sure, we can skip the vote."

I find it interesting that Maria seems more dedicated to the six person alliance than Tim ever was. And if Tim was a fair target last time, I'm not sure why it was a crime to put out Maria's name (well, except for it not being Q's idea). Taking out Tim weakened the alliance, and targeting Maria or Tiff would hurt it more.

I'm not sure what was up with Q's "vote me out." I saw in an interview Jeff say that Q wasn't really trying to quit, which I agree with, and that Q is an enigma, and I don't think he's that deep. I was wondering if that was a plan for a big move, everyone votes for Q, Hunter plays his idol on Q so only Q's vote counts. But I don't think Q knows that Hunter has an idol.

I think my favorite part that I've haven't seen mentioned, after Tiff learns that Q's been talking about her idol, "Kenzie, get over here!" Our good friend Q out blabbing Yamu secrets.

• Like 5
(edited)

Someone up thread said Venus is getting a cruel edit, making fun of her. I agree - the shot of Tevin laughing over what an idiot he thought Venus was…all I could think was how much that would hurt her to watch later. Except that - his crappy outburst is what put the target on his back. And maybe Venus is secure enough to just shrug & say she stayed in the game longer than he did.

I posted last week - she’s very young and brash and I kind of love it. She hasn’t had her confidence stomped out - that happens to a lot of young women. She doesn’t feel like she needs to be sweet and keep her mouth shut. Why don’t people like/trust/want to play with her? I think because she’s very conventionally beautiful and society tells us a woman cannot be beautiful AND smart AND good. (And also because she’s kind of obnoxious, yes!!)

I get why people don’t like her, I’m not sure I’d want to be on an island with her, but she seems a much younger soul than Charlie, who I think is closer to her actual age.

Edited by Heathrowe
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Q mentioned having a multitude of siblings (14?) once and now I’m wondering about birth order.  I once subbed at an inner city school in a not great neighborhood.  At lunch in the teacher’s lounge I overheard two teachers talking about a 2nd grade student.  One teacher told the other that a specific kid was always driving her crazy because she was constantly being bossy.  Then the teacher did a home visit and realized the kid was the oldest in charge of all the younger siblings while the parents worked.  Then the teacher realized that being bossy was how the kid survived because at home the kid WAS in charge of everybody else.  :(

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3
16 hours ago, violet and green said:

Tevin had his moments, but most of them annoyed me deeply. Even Jeff looked a bit annoyed as Tevin threw his head back and did that giant laugh before he had his torch snuffed out.

YES!  And the same with Soda's prolonged exit last week.  These players all taking moments to ham it up for the cameras one more time before the torch snuff.  All trying to prove what great sports they are.

I'm telling y'all right now that if I'm on a future season and I get blindsided, I'm going to be extra salty and the only final words they're getting from me will be about how I'm getting ready to bust up a double cheeseburger with an extra order of fries and how I hope they choke on their coconut when they get back to their freezing camp. 

• LOL 8
(edited)

Wow, I honestly didn't think I could dislike somebody more than I disliked Q last week, but this week he just surpassed his previous level of obnoxiousness.  Stratospheric now. 

As the hide-and-seek game went on, I realized he was going to be talking, and talking and talking.....So I hit the mute and just waited until the immunity challenge started to resume sound. 

TC reminded me of that Maya Angelou phrase "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time".  When people tell you to vote them out, DO IT THE FIRST TIME!

I wasn't a huge Tevin fan, he's as lame an actor as Bhanu was.  But I would have kept him over the odious Q. 

The only person I can stand is Hunter.  His hiding place was legendary. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 8
  • LOL 1
On 4/18/2024 at 3:00 PM, LadyChatts said:

Q had pulled the “I’m done” card at Yanu and claimed it was a cover so people wouldn’t be on to him.  If next week he really leads off with this was his plan, he had no intention of quitting and it was either a plan to test his alliance or try to save Tevin, I’m going to wish even more they just got rid of him.  He seemed really rattled when Hunter got up and tried turning the vote back off Tevin, which seemed like the first time he realized he wasn’t in control.  So was this all an act at TC?  Maybe he didn’t want to seem like such a big threat (which I think he only sees himself as at the moment).  But how could he seriously not think this will backfire on him?  And now Tiffany and Kenzie know that he told everyone she has an idol and was plotting to get rid of her.  The 6 alliance is done.  Everyone seemed genuinely annoyed with his antics last night.  Does he really think he can recover?  

I wonder too if he thinks he can recover. Maybe he'll have everyone thinking his chances of winning are shot and they will keep him because he really blew up his game but maybe in his mind he will have a chance to make some moves that could help him win later. Problem is he burned too many bridges.  But maybe in his mind he doesn't think that.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Arkay said:

i like Charlie, he has a social game and a sense of humor, except that I despise how his whole world is Taylor Swift.

It could be better worse: he could be a Deadhead. They never shut up! 🤣

• LOL 4
On 4/18/2024 at 5:07 PM, Nashville said:

Peachy will do this only if two conditions are met:

1. A player at TC is proclaiming “Vote me off, please.”
  2. There is unanimous agreement among the other players at TC to do so.

Q definitely met #1 at this TC to be sure; Tiff’s and Kenzie’s (amongst others) protestations against doing so trashed #2 completely, though, so no way was Jiffy Pop going to call this TC as not requiring a stand-up vote - and his decision was borne out by the vote’s result.

That makes sense. Thanks for explaining.

23 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Starting to wish they'd kept Bhanu and gotten rid of Q. That's how screwed up this season is.

Nah I wouldn't want either one there.

19 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Q’s a legend in his own mind.  I guarantee he will try and spin his whole quitting into something that makes him look positive and like a player-to himself.  Everyone seemed more annoyed that he was ruining their plans and less that they cared if he stayed last night.  I think no one is going to take him seriously or listen to him.  So maybe once he realizes he’s not going to call the shots anymore he really will take his ball and go home. 

I don’t know anymore about the original tribe splits, but Hunter and Venus clearly don’t like each other, and I’m guessing her and Liz aren’t cool either.  I don’t really think Hunter and Liz had problems but since she orchestrated getting Tevin out I doubt there’s any loyalty there.  From a secret scene posted in the media thread, Maria doesn’t seem to completely trust Ben and I think has little use for him and I don’t even know where Charlie stands anymore.  Oddly enough Yanu could have been another underdog Tika 3, which is maybe what Kenzie was going for, until Q went off the rails and now her and Tiffany know he’s not loyal to them.  

I do kind of like though that there isn’t one big alliance mowing everyone down.

Yes what is interesting there isn't at least a major alliance like Reba that's ruling this season.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, srhall79 said:

Hide and seek providing insight into how someone plays- was Q the same one who figured Moriah was a threat because she said Audrey was her favorite player? I suppose at least no one is basing their alliances on zodiac signs.

Credit for the Soda vote, well, Venus did talk to people about it, even if others got convinced by someone else, they still voted the way she wanted. And if no one else is taking credit... although I'm sure if she makes final tribal, Tevin will stand up, "Um, actually." Not that it matters too much, someone's getting voted out each tribal.

I do still like Venus. I feel like with Gabler, everything his tribe loved about him was hidden from us. Similarly, I think a lot of what Venus has done that has everyone hating her hasn't been shown. I liked her walking in on the voting discussion; if the cool kids are going to sit on the beach while pointing and whispering, I don't think the outcasts should have to just sit and watch. And I do like that's she's trying to play her game and make moves. You've got some like Ben and Hunter, and I'm not sure they have much game plan (besides win every immunity for Hunter). It's too bad that she's pretty bad at it. Shame that the one friend she made got medievac'd out.

In the live thread, someone said Q's confessionals have the caps lock on, and yeah, feeling that. The attitude, the controlling, the everything, it really bugs me. I would have been good with a "you want out? Sure, we can skip the vote."

I find it interesting that Maria seems more dedicated to the six person alliance than Tim ever was. And if Tim was a fair target last time, I'm not sure why it was a crime to put out Maria's name (well, except for it not being Q's idea). Taking out Tim weakened the alliance, and targeting Maria or Tiff would hurt it more.

I'm not sure what was up with Q's "vote me out." I saw in an interview Jeff say that Q wasn't really trying to quit, which I agree with, and that Q is an enigma, and I don't think he's that deep. I was wondering if that was a plan for a big move, everyone votes for Q, Hunter plays his idol on Q so only Q's vote counts. But I don't think Q knows that Hunter has an idol.

I think my favorite part that I've haven't seen mentioned, after Tiff learns that Q's been talking about her idol, "Kenzie, get over here!" Our good friend Q out blabbing Yamu secrets.

Great points.

On 4/17/2024 at 6:37 PM, LadyChatts said:

I liked that everyone besides Q and Liz held their ground during the IC and wasn't going to risk their vote or sit out the challenge.  

On 4/17/2024 at 7:55 PM, dancingdreamer said:

Q is bossy, and I don't  get/ like him. I think  he was still pissed at not having the rice. The people  that dropped,  may as well have stepped  out and had something  to eat( the rice)

On 4/17/2024 at 10:07 PM, LadyChatts said:

I thought it was very telling that more people didn't sit out for rice.

I think it was "this is an iconic challenge that I'll only get to try this once" to a certain extent.  Women, being lighter in general, gave done well on challenges like this, I think.

On 4/18/2024 at 2:53 PM, QQQQ said:

Starting to wish they'd kept Bhanu and gotten rid of Q. That's how screwed up this season is.

Ewwww.   Just NO!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Dear God this is hands down the worst season of Survivor I've ever seen.  What is going on???   I hate all of these players, and I'm simultaneously annoyed/bored to tears.  Thank God Australian Survivor exists - it continues to excel in the casting department and though it sometimes adds too many twists, it is infinitely more entertaining than this steaming pile of garbage.  Having recently binged like 30 seasons, it's even more apparent how bad 46 is since it was only a few months ago that I was watching all time great seasons.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

At this point I’m all in for Venus for the win. Or Hunter.  I liked Q at first but then he….kind of went crazy and became a dictator in his own mind.  Hunger? Ego? Delusion?  
Then again I can’t imagine not eating for 16 days, so there’s that.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Not Overwhelming No - but close.

Q is delusional but in an amusing way. At his worst, he's not screaming for God to take him out of the game.  Bhanu was torture to watch and listen to.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
(edited)
On 4/18/2024 at 9:03 AM, Lamima said:

So, they wouldn't step up for rice. Not surprised in these 'all about me' times. Venus said she might win...NOT

To be fair, she was the last woman standing (hanging) (clinging) and nobody was going to beat Hunter, as we could see when he hung upside down with only the strength of his thighs--and women often do win that one IIRC.  I was quite impressed with her performance, actually, of being the 3rd to last out.  

Edited by Jobiska
  • Like 6
17 hours ago, JH Lipton said:
On 4/18/2024 at 4:53 PM, QQQQ said:

Ewwww.   Just NO!

16 hours ago, mbgriffith1 said:

Dear God this is hands down the worst season of Survivor I've ever seen.  What is going on???   I hate all of these players, and I'm simultaneously annoyed/bored to tears.

The season has really focused on the most odious players. It was all Bhanu all the time while he was still there, and now it's all Q all the time. 

Meanwhile, despite his obvious challenge prowess, I feel like we hear next to nothing from Hunter. Same with Ben. They're like background characters on The Q Show. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Question. So Q was all about the six.  He found out Tiff was wavering and wanted her to leave.  So why did he end up voting for Tevin? Confused.

I honestly wish this season had come before s45.  The hide and seek bored me to tears.  I loved the 90 minute episodes for S 45 - for this season it could go back to an hour.  The contestants “ talking head narrations” are not witty or interesting. I’m just not resonating with anyone.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
17 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

Question. So Q was all about the six.  He found out Tiff was wavering and wanted her to leave.  So why did he end up voting for Tevin? Confused.

Far be it for me to try to read into the amazing strategic prowess that Q possesses /s

But anyway...

Q can't vote for himself, so if he did literally want to be sent home and expected to be sent home, he had to vote for someone else.

Q still liked Tiffany and/or knew that there was no sense in voting Tiffany because there were not enough people who would go along with such a move. Also, Q might not want to undercut Tiffany's game any more than he inherently had by being a big ol' weirdo and outing that she has an immunity idol. Also, Q might have suspected that he wasn't going to get voted off and knew throwing Tiff's name out there would likely get traced back to him.

Q could have voted for Venus, as there were at least a few people who were anti-Venus, and that would be not going against "The Six."

But it seems like Q is honestly shaken up when he's not driving the vote or in the majority. So it could simply be that he just was counting votes and knew that Tevin looked to be a goner and sidled up to the majority. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Far be it for me to try to read into the amazing strategic prowess that Q possesses /s

But anyway...

Q can't vote for himself, so if he did literally want to be sent home and expected to be sent home, he had to vote for someone else.

Q still liked Tiffany and/or knew that there was no sense in voting Tiffany because there were not enough people who would go along with such a move. Also, Q might not want to undercut Tiffany's game any more than he inherently had by being a big ol' weirdo and outing that she has an immunity idol. Also, Q might have suspected that he wasn't going to get voted off and knew throwing Tiff's name out there would likely get traced back to him.

Q could have voted for Venus, as there were at least a few people who were anti-Venus, and that would be not going against "The Six."

But it seems like Q is honestly shaken up when he's not driving the vote or in the majority. So it could simply be that he just was counting votes and knew that Tevin looked to be a goner and sidled up to the majority. 

Thank you for the explanation.  Q a genius in his own mind.

Edited by Diana Berry
  • LOL 1
On 4/20/2024 at 11:54 AM, iMonrey said:

The season has really focused on the most odious players. It was all Bhanu all the time while he was still there, and now it's all Q all the time. 

Meanwhile, despite his obvious challenge prowess, I feel like we hear next to nothing from Hunter. Same with Ben. They're like background characters on The Q Show. 

So true .  Are Hunter and Ben  that bad with their  narration?  I guess they look at Q who apparently loves the sound of his own voice like Bhanu and the editors just go with them.  Good grief. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 4/19/2024 at 3:18 PM, SnapHappy said:

The only person I can stand is Hunter. 

I can very much relate to Hunter in that I too would be unable to hide my misery at sharing a camp with people who love to chew the scenery by serenading the tribe with camp songs that no one asked for.  I also laughed at how he seemed to sit like a confused, angry statue at that knee-slapper of a tribal council like he was wishing he was back in his garage working on his latest Survivor puzzle creation and maybe not actually playing the game for real with these crazy people.

When 75% of the players are acting so over-the-top as to be unbelievable, I will root for the ones that seem to be actually playing the game as it was meant to be played - so I guess I am on team Charlie, Maria and Venus?  Idk.

Old School >>> New Era.  Not all changes are good changes.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I can very much relate to Hunter in that I too would be unable to hide my misery at sharing a camp with people who love to chew the scenery by serenading the tribe with camp songs that no one asked for.

If i was Hunter and I was stuck on an island with this bunch of self-absorbed sad sacks, I’d be spending most of my time in the treetops too.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3