Type keyword(s) to search

Amazing News: ARC In The Media

• Start Topic

A thread to catch announcements about the show in the Media, or just (non spoiler) information about the race from sources other than the Race and the After show.

I'll open with news about scheduling:

The Season 2 Finale is getting a 2 Hour finale + a 1 hour After show with all of the teams. (Something TAR.usa hasn't done in years). It is moving to Sunday (probably to make way for all the US show season premiers) but that's actually fairly standard; and a Sunday night airing isn't bad at all; especially a 3 hour Sunday block.

A little bit of correction, season 2 finale will be a one hour episode from 20:00 to 21:00 and then it will be followed by After the Race from 21:00 to 22:00. So the two-hour event refers to both the finale and post-game show.

Related to that, I hope that it is James Duthie or Jon Montgomery himself that hosts the post-game show. I certainly do not want the annoying women of The Social ruin a great season like last year.

• Love 2

I certainly do not want the annoying women of The Social ruin a great season like last year.

Oh my. I had forgotten about that debacle last year. Yeah, let's hope Jon gets to host. I feel like a very bad Canadian, in that I don't know who James Duthie is, but anyone other than those twits from that embarrassing 'girls talk' show is good with me.

Which Sunday is the finale?mi hate when networks move a show to a different night for the finale, because I have my Sunday night shows to watch then. Ugh.

And moving it to avoid US premiers is a bad reason (unless it's this coming Sunday) since premiers are on Sundays too.

Which Sunday is the finale?mi hate when networks move a show to a different night for the finale, because I have my Sunday night shows to watch then. Ugh.

And moving it to avoid US premiers is a bad reason (unless it's this coming Sunday) since premiers are on Sundays too.

Sunday, Sept. 21. 

So we have the regular ep next week (Sept 16) and then the following Sunday is the finale. It's less getting out of the way of US Premiers and more a matter of finishing up the series before the US Premier season starts. CTV has a lot of CBS shows and they seem to be starting up the week of the 21st. (TAR.us is the Friday after I believe?)

Survivor airs on Global up here; so it's premier date is irrelevant. But  Person of Interest, Agents of SHIELD and Forever all debut next Tuesday, and CTV's schedule has all 3 of them, leaving no room for TARC.

There aren't any premiers on Sunday the 21st, so TARC is filling in a big empty slot in the schedule for CTV. The week after, their Sunday is full with Once Upon a Time, CSI and Resurrection. 

Yes, TAR25 does air the Friday after, which makes removing the Finals and AfterShow from the regular Tuesday timeslot seem a little unnecessary, even in spite of Survivor 29: SJdS-BvW2 and the non-reality show season openers.

Survivor plays on Wednesday. What does that have anything to do with TAR-C?

Edited by TV Anonymous

Since S1 contestants don't have their own thread, I thought I'd post this here. I saw a lovely article in The Vancouver Sun yesterday about Jody (of "Brothers" team Jody and Cory Mitic) regarding his life post-Afghanistan and how his now-wife was one of the people who saved his life. They were the team I was rooting for in S1 and reading this confirmed what a swell guy he (and Cory) seem to be. Possible tissue warning for tender-hearted readers.

• Love 1

Thanks for posting that Vyas. Jon is certainly an entertaining, interesting, engaging person and I enjoyed listening to it and getting some insight into the show. I'm glad to hear they're going to continue to emphasize the Canadiana of the show as that's what makes it unique. I found his conjecture about why the Canadian tasks and challenges are so much more difficult than the US show interesting. It's maybe something the American version could take into consideration to make their own show better.

• Love 1

So Mickey and Pete (Winners of Season 2) were on Rick Mercer Report this week (Oct  26, 2015). Rick was at their No Wake Wakeboarding park that they built. Looks like they're doing great and their camp setup certainly looked like it was fun.

Basically it's set up on a lake and they have a cable pulley system to pull you around the lake on a wake board, and over the jumps and such. Lots of fun. 

I don't think that means they're lying. It sounds like they discussed not U-Turning each other but no official deal was made. I'm more likely to believe the girls because, this is reality tv, if they had made a deal and then broken it, TPTB would have been all over that to create drama.  

Only if they got it on tape. They were close early on with J/E and made other deals with them, so I believe they'd have talked about this during pit stops and down time too.

They have been shown to lie unnecessarily and then get caught like with Joel/Ash being at the mat when they were forced to give up the Express Pass. 

• Love 1

*shrug*  Sure, they probably did discuss it. That doesn't mean they made a deal.  Just as easy for Emmett to lie about it after the fact.  But I don't think he is, I think he probably just mistakenly believes that talking about something means agreeing to something.

11 hours ago, Artsda said:

Only if they got it on tape. They were close early on with J/E and made other deals with them, so I believe they'd have talked about this during pit stops and down time too.

This is why the teams are mostly kept separated at the pit stops. One of their strictest rules is that they cannot discuss the race with other teams unless there is a camera there to record what is said. They can't talk strategy during their down time. There are all sorts of producers and production people around all the time to make sure the teams abide by this rule.

• Love 1

Dunno how it is these days but olden times the teams freely mingled with each other during Pit Stops, in technical lingo it was called "eat, sleep, and mingle" -time (ESM). It was time to strategize, set up alliances, and call taxis for next morning.

Well then. Didn't realise that there was so much animosity from that last bit of the leg.

Spoiler

Anyone else getting the vibe that Joel & Ashley are getting the winners edit? I hope not because after some time, Ashley has finally gotten to me with her attitude. She comes off as spoiled and entitled, to me anyways.

Edited by kdm07
  • Love 2

Yeah not good terms at all. Ashley deleted her initial tweet that Frankie called her a bitch on. 

Ashley just doesn't come out likable at all, just full of herself. Doesn't seem like she made one friend from the cast. 

• Love 3

I hate when people act all high & mighty, boasting about how much integrity they have, etc.  This isn't real life. It's a freaking race!  It isn't up to other teams to hold your hand, sing Kumbaya and skip happily across the finish line with you.  You didn't run a clean race, you ran a STUPID race, which is why you were eliminated. 

• Love 1

Yeesh, Ashley and Team Trailer Park not coming off well in all this.  This season really has lacked for likeable contestants.  I think this might be the last season for me, especially if Awful Ashley or Screechy Freak Jillian end up winning.  In fact, I think it will be my last season anyway.  It's just never really been enjoyable and, since they aren't in Canada as much anymore, I can't even have the pleasure of seeing how beautiful Canada is.

9 hours ago, Artsda said:

Saw the After Show and boy is there still tension and anger between Ashley and Frankie/Amy.  I don't think they'll ever be friendly.

Yeah I saw bits of that and noticed the tension there too.

Also: why four hosts CTV?

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 4:54 PM, Artsda said:

Yeah not good terms at all. Ashley deleted her initial tweet that Frankie called her a bitch on. 

Ashley just doesn't come out likable at all, just full of herself. Doesn't seem like she made one friend from the cast. 

Yeah, and what's even more telling is that Jillian and either Steph or Kristen retweeted Amy's tweet before also deleting it.  Pretty much tells me that their teams didn't like Ashley, either.

Season 5 will premiere on July 4, that is Tuesday.

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/ctv-announces-blockbuster-2017-summer-schedule-including-three-new-buzzed-about-series-and-massive-line-up-of-heavyweight-cant-miss-specials/

Returning to the CTV schedule are some of Canada’s most popular competition series. THE AMAZING RACE CANADA is back to celebrate Canada’s 150th anniversary of confederation with a fifth season on July 4. The country’s most-watched summer series for four years in a row, this season has all the non-stop, action-packed adventure viewers have grown to love, as the racers travel across Canada and the world in the hopes of being the last team standing.

• Love 1

I don't know if I'm allowed to ask this or not.  Also, if you can answer I possibly need pictures and for you to show your work.  I not bright. 

I have only watched TARC way behind on youtube.  I watched the last two seasons the last few months.  How does one watch the new series in real(ish) time in the US?  I went to CTV.ca but it won't play the team videos, so I'm assuming I won't be able to watch the episodes either.    Do I just have to lag behind?  Thanks.

Just saw the commercial featuring the contestants for this season..... and I'm out!  This show has never been a priority for me and the contestants seem even more annoying than usual, so I'm not going to bother.

Oh my God, that’s AWFUL! I heard about that on the news but didn’t realize it was him. I loved Team Give’r. Them randomly spotting one of their brothers on the streets of Ottawa is one of my all time favourite TAR moments. I’m so sad.

Bad news that TAR Canada has not aired since 2019 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Season 8 was supposed to air in 2020, but due to the pandemic it was delayed to 2021, and it was delayed again to 2022 due to surge of Delta variant.

TAR CAN IS BACK!

(If you haven't noticed the promos on CTV recently).

It is returning to CTV on July 5th with 10 teams racing for the prizes.

Hosted by Olympic Gold Medallist Jon Montgomery, Season 8 of Canada’s favourite summertime adventure continues as an all-new cast of racers head to the starting line to push themselves out of their comfort zones in a non-stop, action-packed expedition. Teams competing this season include an Olympian, a JUNO Award-winning singer, teachers, personal trainers, a firefighter, a comedian, entrepreneurs, a sales representative, a marketing expert, a motivational speaker, and Broadway performers.

Faced with the most intense race of their lives, the teams tackle various challenges with the hope of winning two first-ever Chevrolet Silverado ZR2’s, a once-in-a-lifetime trip for two around the world courtesy of GURU Organic Energy, a $250,000 cash prize, and the coveted title of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA champions.

The actual teams are in the linked article and will be on the CTV website. 

• Love 1