Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E21: Reunion Part 3

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone involved in the discussion revolving around assault on page 2. You navigated a difficult topic with respect, didn’t let posts that could have been perceived as a bit more confrontational distract you from debating the facts and kept the conversation considerate and constructive. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Maybe we finally get a Nnecka segment?

Maybe we finally get an Ashley update?

Definitely no accountability for Gizelle.

Definitely Candiace gets blamed for EVERYTHING. 

• Like 4

It definitely seemed like Nneka came in with her strategy of making Wendy look like she wasn't supportive of another like housewife. I know this show is heavily edited, so I want to know if the colorism conversation happened before the Osu conversation happened, because if so Nneka borrowed that "we don't have the ability to talk about it" line from Wendy. Speaking of Wendy, when she told Ashley to talk about it, that was a moment. Ashley looked like she was fighting for her life. She actually looked like she was going to cry. 

Keirna, obviously Gizelle checking on you was strategic. Please girl. I want you to be successful on Potomac. Keep your eyes open. 

Initially I thought Mia was doing great at first chair, but she is interjecting too much. You don't have to speak that much on every single thing. 

I'm not touching the altercation, social media did a great job of dragging that out. Gizelle was not there to have an opinion. Why was she even asked her opinion???

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Ashley says that she and Gizelle are great business partners/gym buddies, care about their bodies. What does any of that have to do with actually running a business, unless your both personal trainers with additional skills.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Why does Candiace deserve physical assault for her words, when the rest of these women can spew venom with impunity? 

Giselle having an opinion when she wasn’t there and Ashley saying she didn’t know what happened when the video showed her there all along.

It doesn’t matter who made the decision, Candiace is glad to be gone from this toxicity where she’s held to account for everything but others take no accountability for anything,

• Like 12
  • Applause 7

I’m very disappointed.  I mean, I went to the UMD and I was expecting Andy to ask them if they remembered me and why none of them have sent me any Facebook friend requests.

• LOL 17

One of the things I don't like about housewives is that people think they can just say anything they want over the season, then apologize and it's supposed to be forgiven. Some things you cannot come back from, in reality tv land and in real life. 

• Like 11

Candiace was right, the line was always moving, she used her words and Ms. Muppet started the fight, she would have started the fight no matter what...the GEB's say some awful stuff and nobody takes a swing at them.

Gizelle, shut up, sit down and shut up again. 

Gordon sharing his mental health issues was bold and brave.

I am sort of surprised that there was not more of an interest in Wendy's talk show, like Andy was not giving her much time to talk about it, I mean they have that sort of thing in common.

I could go on about the other women but mostly I wanted to say that K should be on next season even if she is just a friend of, she seems nice, she is beautiful and had the best TH look ever.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

Speaking of Wendy, when she told Ashley to talk about it, that was a moment. Ashley looked like she was fighting for her life. She actually looked like she was going to cry. 

She should have been crying.  Ashley's bullshit contributed heavily to the fail of this season.  If Ashley wanted to know about "osu" so badly, she could've asked Wendy (who she knew) instead of asking Nneka about Wendy being osu.  Frankly Nneka should've jumped in Ashley's ass too.

51 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Why does Candiace deserve physical assault for her words, when the rest of these women can spew venom with impunity? 

Right. But everyone else can say people are broken whores or need to fill the hole in their hearts, not the one between their legs and it's ok.  Other cast members can actually assault disliked cast members and that's ok too.

Funny how Candiace busting a glass upside Monique's lip in self defense was not ok according to Karen but Karen approved of K busting Sesame Street upside her head after being hit with a glass.

1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am sort of surprised that there was not more of an interest in Wendy's talk show, like Andy was not giving her much time to talk about it, I mean they have that sort of thing in common.

I think a lot was cut out, such as Wendy giving Nneka the business in Igbo (a scene we saw from the trailer but did not see tonight) and an extended cut Ashley getting her ass handed to her.  We got the extended cut of Candiace being piled on by Gizelle & Robyn and having to apologize, though.

3 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Gizelle, shut up, sit down and shut up again. 

I liked the part where Gizelle said "I can't wait for this to air and see the tweets!"

Did she mean she thought everyone on Twitter would be tearing Candiace a new asshole or did she mean Candiace would run to Twitter and bitch about Gizelle & Robyn again? 

Because Candiace hasn't said anything regarding the show beyond "Y'all can have this" and that was the day the previews for part 3 dropped.  Otherwise she's been tweeting 11:11 and about Cowboy Carter.

Yes, Gizelle.  Please do look at Twitter and see how many #BoycottRHOP and "Get Gizelle off my tv screen" tweets there are.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
8 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

I think a lot was cut out, such as Wendy giving Nneka the business in Igbo (a scene we saw from the trailer but did not see tonight) and an extended cut Ashley getting her ass handed to her.  We got the extended cut of Candiace being piled on by Gizelle & Robyn and having to apologize, though.

I was specifically waiting for that scene. Amazing how they keep re-editing up to the last minute.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
36 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

think a lot was cut out, such as Wendy giving Nneka the business in Igbo (a scene we saw from the trailer but did not see tonight) and an extended cut Ashley getting her ass handed to her.  We got the extended cut of Candiace being piled on by Gizelle & Robyn and having to apologize

Where’s the extend cut ( or rather, the cut that puts everything into context)

13 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Where’s the extend cut ( or rather, the cut that puts everything into context)

If you have Peacock, they are supposed to air the uncensored cut of the reunion on there.

They spent too much time holding Candiace accountable for everything and not enough time holding Robyn, Gizelle and Ashley for their bullshit .

Why did Gizelle rally the cast to ice out Candiace & Wendy? Gizelle told Robyn not to engage, suggested to Karen that Candiace was too dangerous to bring around and tried to influence Keiarna into seeing Candiace & Wendy as bad people.

Why would Ashley bring around a person who lied on TWO of the husbands in the group?

Why did Gizelle lumped Wendy in with the fight when she wasn't even there?

Why Robyn was smirking when Candiace was defending herself about having to defend herself against Sesame Street?

Why did Mia think it was inappropriate for Candiace to respond with her words but it was ok for Mia to toss the drink in Wendy's face?

If Nneka felt Wendy & her mother were submitting her to the shrine, why was Nneka still try to have anything to do with Wendy? 

Who was Wendy trying to ice Nneka out with, since neither Gizelle nor Robyn was interacting with Wendy and the entire cast filmed with Nneka?

Why does the cast seem to get along with each other when Gizelle is not around?

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5

I wonder if the real reason that Wendy is giving up teaching is because she’s embarrassed the University so often they don’t want her back.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2

I always feel like these reunions do not need to be three parts and this one was no exception. 
I felt bad for Gordon. Mia was quick to abandon him for another man. 
Wendy is so hateful toward Nneka. She should have been more upset with Ashley. She had such a stank look on her face when Andy finally brought up Nneka. They probably cut her segment because she was acting like an asshole. She’s one unhappy woman. I wonder if Eddie is getting tired of her diva act. 
Candiace wasn’t to blame for the fight. It was all Deborah. I don’t even know why that was a discussion. I do get tired of Candiace acting like a victim. She’s been plenty nasty through the years.  I’m not sure why Andy gave so much attention to Gizelle. She was quite stank herself. 
Ashley made it sound like she still rubs Michaels feet but then she back tracked that it was when they were together? She really didn’t have a good season. Nobody wants to hear about her rubbing feet.

• Like 8

I thought it was interesting that Andy gave that disclaimer before getting into the topic of Wendy and Nneka. Makes me think that someone, likely Wendy and a lot of other people, really laid into them about the seriousness of the topics they allowed to be shown this season. Maybe they were irked that Wendy refused to bring on Nneka, so they "encouraged" Nneka to go against Wendy for revenge to solidify her place on a show that she clearly desperately wanted to join. Nneka had the opportunity to shut the Osu stuff down when she takes to Ashley, she didn't because again, desperate to be on the show. Said the shrine stuff. Did what needed to be done to solidify a place on the cast. Then Nneka realized the gravity of the situation, and tried to apologize and walk it back. She seems desperate to move forward with Wendy and paint Wendy to have done equal wrong. Wendy, knowing full well the implications of what Nneka did, and knowing that Nneka knows full well, refuses to accept her apology, because it would be like saying what she did, playing around with their culture like that to join the show is ok. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Wendy is so hateful toward Nneka. She should have been more upset with Ashley.

The person who should've been more upset with Ashley is NNEKA.  Ashley straight lied on what Nneka actually said.  Nneka didn't bring up the osu bullshit, Ashley did and then told Wendy that Nneka was talking about Wendy being osu.  I think the whole situation with the shrine stuff could've been squashed earlier had Ashley not lied on what Nneka actually said.

3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I do get tired of Candiace acting like a victim. She’s been plenty nasty through the years.

The problem is only Candiace is made to be held accountable for what she says but everyone else gets to skip away from what they say.  They've been forcing Candiace to apologize since Season 5, yet nobody else is held to that standard (except maybe Wendy). You had Mia saying Oscar was looking to fight that night but the responsibility of the fight was laid all at Candiace's feet.

2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I thought it was interesting that Andy gave that disclaimer before getting into the topic of Wendy and Nneka. Makes me think that someone, likely Wendy and a lot of other people, really laid into them about the seriousness of the topics they allowed to be shown this season.

There was a guest on WWHL a while ago who is of Nigerian descent (forgot who).  Andy asked them about the osu/shrine storyline and that guest straight up said the shrine osu/shrine storyline should not have never been brought to American television; it's serious business and not to be played with.  

Gizelle, Robyn & Ashley decided to bring that shrine/osu bullshit to our screens but used Ashley to bring it forth because it would've been too obvious if Gizelle or Robyn had brought it up.  Ashley couldln't confess what really happened, that's why everybody was on MUTE when Wendy asked her to explain what osu is all about.

Maybe they were irked that Wendy refused to bring on Nneka, so they "encouraged" Nneka to go against Wendy for revenge to solidify her place on a show that she clearly desperately wanted to join.

Production is on some racist bullshit because they did not need to bring Nneka on via Wendy.  Nneka is not from the East Coast and didn't live in Maryland prior to the show so why would she know Wendy?  They should have introduced Nneka via Karen or Charrisse since both of them live in Potomac: Hey guys, here is our new neighbor Nneka, she just moved to Potomac.

Wendy, knowing full well the implications of what Nneka did, and knowing that Nneka knows full well, refuses to accept her apology, because it would be like saying what she did, playing around with their culture like that to join the show is ok. 

Iyke knew it was wrong too.

Robyn confirms she was fired.  Production/BRAVO fired her before the reunion and that's why they didn't even wait until it aired before leaking it to the blogs*.  Which serves Robyn right since she likes to leak about the other castmates to the blogs.  I wonder if Gizelle & Robyn knew she was fired going into the reunion and that's why they were extra nasty to Candiace?

Hope tha spa works out for her.  If it doesn't TJ Maxx is right across the street.

*Add: Robyn is ticked because her blogger friend (the one she was telling Candiace's business to ...the same one who was calling Candiace & Wendy "Crunchy Black & Crunchy Blacker" on Twitter)  confirmed in a tweet right after it was leaked to the blogs that Robyn was fired.

That's poetic justice, since Robyn was leaking stuff to the blogs about her castmates, including Gizelle.  Cheers!

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 10
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Nneka had the opportunity to shut the Osu stuff down when she takes to Ashley, she didn't because again, desperate to be on the show. Said the shrine stuff. Did what needed to be done to solidify a place on the cast. Then Nneka realized the gravity of the situation, and tried to apologize and walk it back. She seems desperate to move forward with Wendy and paint Wendy to have done equal wrong. Wendy, knowing full well the implications of what Nneka did, and knowing that Nneka knows full well, refuses to accept her apology, because it would be like saying what she did, playing around with their culture like that to join the show is ok. 

All of this. Especially since both Nneka and her husband confirmed on the reunion that it's taboo to even talk about it at all. But when Ashley brought it up on the show, she didn't immediately shut it down cause she was desperate and she allowed something that's very specific to their culture to be opened up for discussion and ridicule to the wider masses. She knows she fucked up. But that's on her. And she needs to realize that Wendy doesn't need to engage with her or accept her apologies. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 5

I had tears in my eyes with Gordan's admission of BP1. It is a tough disease, as an RN I have seen it in all forms. Hopefully he continues to be on top on it and stays on the meds he needs, as he really sounded grounded. My heart goes out to him. 

• Like 8
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm honestly glad that Candaice is off the show. I really am not fond of that woman but at the same time I can't stand GEB. Ashley isn't that bad cause her role is as obvious as a costume and to be honest she really doesn't "put her chest" into any of it. Her participation really is superficial and as damaging as some of her pot stirring is I'm never that bothered with her involvement. Now don't get me wrong, she's gotten on the nerves and her indifference to causing trouble is annoying and rude but at the same time since it's par for the course on these reality shows I just can't get myself too worked up about what basically boils down to her doing her job. 

But yeah, I think one of the main reasons why Candaice gets soooooo much heat from the cast, the viewers, etc. is because she's ALWAYS at a 9. I can't stand Robyn or Gizelle but Candiace and Wendy get on my nerves for other reasons as well. 

There never seems to EVER be any lighthearted moments with Candiace or Wendy. Even when they are in neutral mode and getting their filming in they OOOOOOZEEE disdain. Not saying they don't have reason to feel how they feel but I mean if you can't even get through filming without sitting their stank faced, pressed and bothered then why even bother? Not saying that the GEB don't have their moments either but this is a show. They are forced to be in the same room on multiple occassions and throughout the season you can FEEL IT through the screen how disgusted Wendy and Candiace are AT ALL TIMES. 

Candiace doesn't win supporters because she taunts too much. I sorry to say, as valid as her complaints are with regards to the cast it just ain't entertaining TV to see a smirking, taunting, fake unbothered chick, but hella pressed in any segement you tune in to cast member. I'm not saying she should have to play nice all the time but unfortunately if you're choosing to CONTINUE with this toxic set up then it would behoove you to take a sip of the fake keke kool aide in order to get through at least SOME of the filming schedule without it always being about how you're the victim. 

Now I know it'll probably be said that SHE HAS "played nice" but not really cause in those instances she is constantly making it clear, with her body language, facial expressions, tone and delivery that everything coming out of her pores is pure repulsion for having to be in the same camera shot as the others. It's the air that she's above the show as a whole and it really shows how much she feels above the others (with good reason). It's just not good for the show because it's annoying. If you don't like it that much then girl bye. Which Candiace finally decided to do. Thankfully.

Candaice presence is straight condescention for the others and Candiace makes it a point to have that front and center at all times and all it's done is create this heavy atmosphere in every scene. Again, Candiace has EVERY reason to bring that energy cause they deserve it but when it sucks the life out of every filmed scene then it really does drag down the viewing experience. 

Unfortunately Gizelle manages pretty regularly to have light moments and enjoyable banter throughout the show so it's not always doom, gloom and anger. I do understand that Candiance can't be as lighthearted because she has so much aimed at her regularly but her fake bounce back and fake, lets film face isn't convincing and just doesn't work. 

I dislike that that's the recipes for these shows but there you have it. Candiace has recognized that she can't play that game effectively and has parted ways as she should.  

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

The problem is only Candiace is made to be held accountable for what she says but everyone else gets to skip away from what they say.  They've been forcing Candiace to apologize since Season 5, yet nobody else is held to that standard (except maybe Wendy).

I haven't been watching - because this forum is way better - but I suspect the ones that remain know how to cooperate with production and give production what it wants. Gizelle and Ashley are especially good at this.

Candiace's emotions are always near the surface, and she can act like a spoiled brat. I suspect she, Chris and earlier her mother wore out their collective welcome behind the scenes. Bravo would work hard to keep them if it really needed them.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)

The same blog that reported Robyn's firing a month ago is reporting Nneka has also been fired.

Unfortunately that means Ashley will probably be staying.  It also means Wendy will probably also be staying unless production/network is doing a bleaching of the cast or unless she also leaves (which I actually have no problem with, for reasons I've previously stated).

I don't like it, because production only brought her on to be a replacement for Wendy and they failed her.  Now they're done with her and tossing her away and I don't like that.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Candiace just announced she is pregnant, about 13 weeks along. She was not fired, she left to protect her pregnancy against assholes like Ashley, Oscar, Gizelle and the rest who would've stressed her out during her pregnancy.  She'll probably rejoin the show after the baby is born.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

Loved K going after Ashley. How in the hell is Candiace responsible for the fight when Deborah was the one that went up to her. And Candiace told her I have nothing to say to you. And Giz throwing in Wendy's name as also being responsible for the fight?? Wendy had the least to do with it. I'm glad everyone pushed back and then Giz begrudgingly took Wendy out of it. And I don't even like Wendy!

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

I was pretty bored, no need for 3 episodes of the reunion.  

I'm glad there's a cast shakeup, long overdue. I'm happy  to read Candiace  is pregnant,  now to see if the marriage  lasts,  I hope so.. I don't  know why the husband's  bothered  to show up. I was sorry to hear G talk about his mental health,  but happy  to hear Mia is there, if he needs anything. Meanwhile  Mia is happy with Incognito. 

I don't mind Gizelle or Karen, they are more alike than not. Ashley doesn't  need to be on this show, dancing  around, in every  scene.Wendy, she thinks she's special,  personally,  I prefer Nneka, by just a bit.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, dancingdreamer said:

I'm glad there's a cast shakeup, long overdue. I'm happy  to read Candiace  is pregnant,  now to see if the marriage  lasts,  I hope so.. I don't  know why the husband's  bothered  to show up. I was sorry to hear G talk about his mental health,  but happy  to hear Mia is there, if he needs anything. Meanwhile  Mia is happy with Incognito. 

I don't mind Gizelle or Karen, they are more alike than not. Ashley doesn't  need to be on this show, dancing  around, in every  scene.Wendy, she thinks she's special,  personally,  I prefer Nneka, by just a bit.

Mia gave Candace some good advice: Keep your mouth shut. She does not understand AT ALL how her words escalate situations. I have never been a Candace fan because of her smart mouth. That girl confronted Mia about calling her a 4 or whatever, and she was wise enough to say, no, we're all black queens, otherwise, she said, she might have been the one in a melee.

Wendy says she's leaving teaching to spend more time with her children, but is that true? If I were an administrator at Johns Hopkins I would ask her to go because the tits out outfits, the behaviors, etc. are not a good representation. 

I hope Karen and Gizelle have a good season next year. G may be the one to gently approach her about the DUI.

The new girl, whose name begins with K, is a good advertisement for her skin care business. Except for a couple of zits on the side, her skin was poreless and lovely.

Till next time!

• Like 5

I think Wendy needed to quit 'teaching' before she was fired. Especially with the gutter, low brow comments she's been making. 

The ladies seem to think Candiace deserves physical retribution for her reads. I suspect it's because she's SO DAMN GOOD AT IT. You can't deny she has the quick wit and vocabulary for the job. With that being said, I'm glad she took her exit and spared herself all the drama and mistreatment she's been receiving. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Now Ashley got on IG and said that this reunion was a hard one for her. I expected to see that during part 3. In my opinion, even though Wendy gagged her, she got an incredibly generous soft edit, nothing that looked worthy of making her go to IG to talk about how hard it was for her. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

I think I prefer Nneka too. Wendy is constantly stank faced and with Candiace leaving she won’t have anyone to film with. Maybe Karen and Ashley but Ashley will probably team up with Gizelle 

• Like 5

Gizelle is the worst! I want her to shut the fuck up. She needs to go. She’s ruining the show. Nothing about her is entertaining.

Robyn needs to stop with her bitchy ass smirks.

Lol Karen.

Not minding Mia still. Hope she’s back.

• Like 5
(edited)

Some cast members, and even Andy Cohen demanded that Candiace should have to be accountable for her actions while they are not so strict regarding others. Deborah was responsible for the fight at the season finale party/GnA party. And Ashley who invited her. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Some cast members, and even Andy Cohen demanded that Candiace should have to be accountable for her actions while they are not so strict regarding others. Deborah was responsible for the fight at the season finale party/GnA party. And Ashley who invited her. 

Candiace realized production/network was always going to protect Gizelle. She knew this time she wasn't going to comply with their demands or keep bending to Gizelle so she decided to leave.  

Candiace will never be allowed on RHOP again as long as Gizelle is a part of the cast.  Gizelle is not going to allow it.

I think if RHOP is now the Gizelle &  Friends show, BRAVO needs to restructure the show around Gizelle and her friends. It's no longer an ensemble show and I think if BRAVO is honest about that, it will be better than what we got for Season 8.  

Wendy doesn't fit with Gizelle's friends so they need to release Wendy and not worry about the backlash of all of the darker skinned cast members leaving the show. If viewers don't like it, they can stop watching the show and that should lead to a less toxic fanbase & viewershiop.

If RHOP is now the Gizelle show, BRAVO actuallly needs to make it the Gizelle show and see where it takes them.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Gizelle is boring! I also believe she isn’t as favored as people think. 
They could make the show around Karen. There’s more to her story plus she will film with anyone. I hope Wendy stays too. 

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, Giddyup said:

They could make the show around Karen. There’s more to her story plus she will film with anyone. I hope Wendy stays too. 

Gizelle is being dragged thru the mud on Twitter. I think Bravo, yet again, is picking the wrong horse.

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Giddyup said:

Unfortunately, for some reason she is favored by the powers that be.  Monique said in an interview ( I don't know if it is a recent interview) that at the Season 5 reunion production edited out Gizelle's meltdowns & tantrums because of the binder.  Monique decided to leave after seeing how production edited that reunion to protect Gizelle.

Production protection of Gizelle is why Candiace is no longer employed by BRAVO.

Gizelle made it known to everyone she is protected by production.  While that was the flex needed to get rid of Candiace, I don't know if that was a good thing for the show because if you're a current cast member, you are now on notice that you bet not cross Gizelle or you'll be on the unemployment line with Candiace.  And if you're a new potential cast member, do you want to sign up for the show knowing Gizelle will lie on you and hyou're not allowed to clap back or be upset about that or you'll be on the unemployment line too.

I see this show being put on pauce for at least 6-8 months before they resume filming.  If they film earlier than that, they've learned nothing and it will be more than the same.

• Like 5
  • Fire 3

So, Gizelle wanted to being Candiace to heel and instead Candiace said, I’m done.

Seriously Gizelle is so vile, refuses to be real and think the show revolves around her, which is constantly confirmed by production and Andy.

Now that Candiace is gone, who is her next goal to eliminate.

She is an ugly person on the inside who thinks way too highly herself. 
She’s on a Real Housewives show but n all he seasons she’s never been real nor a wife (or a recently ex-wife for that matter )

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
7 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

So, Gizelle wanted to being Candiace to heel and instead Candiace said, I’m done.

Seriously Gizelle is so vile, refuses to be real and think the show revolves around her, which is constantly confirmed by production and Andy.

She is an ugly person on the inside who thinks way too highly herself. 
She’s on a Real Housewives show but n all he seasons she’s never been real nor a wife (or a recently ex-wife for that matter )

I don’t understand Gizelles position on the show. In the first season or two I don’t remember her being so unlikable  but she hasn’t been fun to watch in a long time. Her fake reunion with Jamal should have been the end of her.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
(edited)
On 4/14/2024 at 9:10 PM, Stats Queen said:

Giselle having an opinion when she wasn’t there and Ashley saying she didn’t know what happened when the video showed her there all along.

It doesn’t matter who made the decision, Candiace is glad to be gone from this toxicity where she’s held to account for everything but others take no accountability for anything,

I could tell watching this reunion that Candiace has already moved on. She was quiet most of the time unless she was addressed. She seems over these women and the HW experience. 

Sorry but not buying the Mia redemption edit at the end with Gordon. She was practically crowned Queen. I get it that Gordon was difficult to live with but Mia is no saint. Also not believing that she hasn’t been carrying on with the boyfriend for the entire marriage. 

I used to like watching Gizelle even though she’s shady. But after this season, I have found it harder to stomach her shenanigans. I’ve never gotten much out of Robyn. She is more of a blank slate to me or a yes-person for Gizelle. Not understanding why this show is so focused on Gizelle. 

I don’t see Wendy and Nneka reconciling. There is a lot of hostility between them. 

On 4/14/2024 at 10:03 PM, LaurelleJ said:

One of the things I don't like about housewives is that people think they can just say anything they want over the season, then apologize and it's supposed to be forgiven. Some things you cannot come back from, in reality tv land and in real life. 

Yes and they apologize and then usually repeat the behavior later. So their apology would mean little to me. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
(edited)
On 4/15/2024 at 7:59 AM, drivethroo said:

There was a guest on WWHL a while ago who is of Nigerian descent (forgot who).  Andy asked them about the osu/shrine storyline and that guest straight up said the shrine osu/shrine storyline should not have never been brought to American television; it's serious business and not to be played with.  

Interesting. I noticed they were very careful and didn’t seem to want to discuss it at all. 

Mia gave Candace some good advice: Keep your mouth shut. She does not understand AT ALL how her words escalate situations. I have never been a Candace fan because of her smart mouth. That girl confronted Mia aboutcalling her a 4 or whatever, and she was wise enough to say, no, we're allblack queens, otherwise, she said, she might have been the one in a melee.

Agree. It was disappointing that Candiace would not take accountability for how she goads people. She doesn’t deserve to be physically attacked, but that doesn’t mean it’s wise to verbally push someone when the person is enraged. She should’ve learned this during the Monique incident. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Interesting. I noticed they were very careful and didn’t seem to want to discuss it at all. 

Agree. It was disappointing that Candiace would not take accountability for how she goads people. She doesn’t deserve to be physically attacked, but that doesn’t mean it’s wise to verbally push someone when the person is enraged. She should’ve learned this during the Monique incident. 

I still think it's crazy how people STILL want to push the narrative that being antagonized, belittled, disrespected in a confrontational and combative manner (cause some of Candiance interactions have been rather nasty and aggressive) is some no biggie, pish posh, shrug away type of moment.

YES, the text book response it to be "above it all" but emotions DO have a play in these matters and as "behaved" as everyone EXPECTS people to be that just ain't realistic. People stay stuck on the right and wrong side of it but I personally would rather be on the side that won't have me knocked upside my head because I pushed the wrong button that day. All that righteous support Imma have from people saying that person was wrong to lay hands on me ain't gonna change the fact that now I'm dealing with the pain and humiliation of a huge ugly knot on my head. Like come on now. Lol. 

My thing is, why are we advocating so hard for people to be aggressively, intimidating and calculating with no remorse or consequence? I can easily say, in the same breath that X was wrong for putting hands and A was wrong for antagonzing. I don't know about anyone else but I feel like the people that go so hard about physical retailiation are those that want to be rude, nasty and mean to people but don't want to have to worry about someone acting out on them cause you know, "I'm only using my words to cut and hurt you."

I just can't stand the defense of ugly people, whether they are physical or verbal abusers. Abusers are abusers and I hate the safe haven that is created for verbal abusers when only one side gets the stigma. It's ridiculous all the way around.  

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I don't know about anyone else but I feel like the people that go so hard about physical retailiation are those that want to be rude, nasty and mean to people but don't want to have to worry about someone acting out on them cause you know, "I'm only using my words to cut and hurt you."

It's not just some people who feel this way - it's reflective of our society's value system when it comes to physical versus verbal assault.  It's a fact of our society that it is not legally acceptable to respond to a verbal assault with a physical one.  I can agree that there is such thing as verbal abuse and that people can go too far and should experience consequences as a result of their words, but I will never agree that physical violence is an acceptable response to any verbal assault.  I don't think that anyone here has actually said that people who go too far with their words should experience NO consequences.  We just strongly feel none of those consequences should include physical violence.  

6 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

People stay stuck on the right and wrong side of it but I personally would rather be on the side that won't have me knocked upside my head because I pushed the wrong button that day. All that righteous support Imma have from people saying that person was wrong to lay hands on me ain't gonna change the fact that now I'm dealing with the pain and humiliation of a huge ugly knot on my head. Like come on now. Lol. 

I certainly agree that a physical assault MAY indeed happen as a result of a verbal assault towards the wrong person, but I can't understand justifying it.  What if Candiace had run her mouth at Chris Bass instead of his wife?  Would it be ok for him to assault Candiace because she went too low and said something too nasty?  What if Candiace was the SIZE of Chris Bass and ran her mouth the same way?  Would Monique have still attacked her, or figured out a less violent way to deal with the things Candiace had to say?

And how do you decide, using this metric of words can get you assaulted and you need to expect it any moment, when to ever open your mouth?  Do you complain to the manager if you get the wrong dinner?  What if he doesn't like your tone and slaps you?  Why do you think the law doesn't allow for this aspect of human nature that is apparently completely normal when someone pushes your wrong button that day?  If people aren't expected to control themselves, why aren't there "Yo Momma" clauses in assault laws?  Because we, as a society, expect people to keep their hands to themselves, unless they are protecting themselves or someone else from imminent physical (NOT verbal) danger.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1

Gizelle is going to be more arrogant because she thinks she pushed Candiace out, something that she was trying to do for some time. 

• Like 5
On 4/15/2024 at 5:51 PM, LaurelleJ said:

I wonder if Carlos will try to get Nneka to join LAMDC now that she is supposedly out in Potomac. 

NNeka wouldn't fit on LAMDC, even with the half of the cast that's still left.

On 4/17/2024 at 10:32 PM, Stats Queen said:

Wendy.

On 4/18/2024 at 5:57 AM, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t understand Gizelles position on the show. In the first season or two I don’t remember her being so unlikable  but she hasn’t been fun to watch in a long time. Her fake reunion with Jamal should have been the end of her.

Season 3 was actually Gizelle's villain origin story when Monique & Charrisse brought Kyndall on to expose Sherman and Sherman dumped Gizelle.

On 4/19/2024 at 7:55 AM, Sweet-tea said:

I don’t see Wendy and Nneka reconciling. There is a lot of hostility between them. 

Wendy should NOT reconcile with Nneka because Nneka has allowed herself to be a willing tool of GNA to spout harmful stereotypes against Wendy for her own personal gain. She could've said simply that Wendy's mom called and cussed her and Lebe out. She didn't need to say anything about shrines & witchcraft.

On 4/19/2024 at 8:01 AM, Sweet-tea said:

She doesn’t deserve to be physically attacked, but that doesn’t mean it’s wise to verbally push someone when the person is enraged.

Oscar wanted to fight Candiace BECAUSE Candiace would NOT talk to her.  As I recall, Sesame Street threw the drink on Candiace not when Candiace called her Vermin or The Help. Snuffy threw the drink on Candiace after Candiace turned her back on her and went back to dancing.

22 hours ago, lasu said:

What if Candiace was the SIZE of Chris Bass and ran her mouth the same way?  Would Monique have still attacked her, or figured out a less violent way to deal with the things Candiace had to say?

Monique sure backed the F up when Robyn's burly ass stepped to her.

15 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Gizelle is going to be more arrogant because she thinks she pushed Candiace out, something that she was trying to do for some time. 

Gizelle has pushed out 2 cast members and has let it be known she is That Girl on Potomac and protected by production so the rest of the cast is on notice they better do what Gizelle says and better not displease her or they will be without a job too. The network is obviously ok with this or they would shut her down.

7 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

If I recall correctly, even the Gizelles of the RH world eventually get taken down by production.

She'll get taken down if she starts messing with their money.  Right now they can say Candiace was the reason for the show failing (especially if she actually did quit and took her baby story with her).

But if Seasons 9 and 10 and beyond are worse, they will have no choice but to revisit Gizelle's role on the show.

• Like 5

Gizelle is receiving her share of backlash for her behavior this season. I read that they let go of Robyn partly to see how Gizelle would do without her “minion.” 
Rumor has it she’s already upset about Mia getting bumped up. I don’t think Gizelle is all that safe. I think this coming season is her sink or swim season.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Gizelle is receiving her share of backlash for her behavior this season. I read that they let go of Robyn partly to see how Gizelle would do without her “minion.” 

Gizelle came off as a mean girl bully. People may not like Candiace but they dislike nasty ass bullies *more*.

I hope they got rid of Robyn because she's useless and not because she's Gizelle's "minion" because Gizelle's actual minion is and always has been ASHLEY.

2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Rumor has it she’s already upset about Mia getting bumped up. I don’t think Gizelle is all that safe. I think this coming season is her sink or swim season.

If Gizelle is smart, she and Ashley will  not attack anyone next season and keep everything light and fun, to show everyone that Candiace was the problem all along, not them.

Gizelle can't fight against her nature, though, so she will attack somebody.   She's going to leave Wendy and Karen alone. Ashley is her minion.  So that leaves Mia or another newer cast member to attack. If you're darker than a paper bag, you can probably mark yourself safe from Gizelle next season.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I can totally see Gizelle going up against Mia next season because she is mad that bumped her from 1st seat. Karen lost first seat somewhat early so it wasn't the biggest deal. Gizelle will also need to feud with Karen and hope that Karen also has conflict with Mia, so that Karen and Mia will have to sit on the same couch. It's going to look even worse though for Gizelle to go after Mia's relationship because it feels like rinse and repeat. 

I am really surprised that Robyn got the boot before she and Gizelle had a chance to go head to head. I have long said that whenever the GEBs felt as if Robyn's job was in jeopardy, that they would feud with each other because they know people would want to see that. 

I may be on an island of one, but I really like to see the housewives having fun and getting along more than I like the arguing. I want to see more of that. Potomac often feels like the housewives franchise with the least money, and it shows that all of them behave as if they need the money. I want to see the silliness that comes with rich people not giving a care in the world. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

may be on an island of one, but I really like to see the housewives having fun and getting along more than I like the arguing. I want to see more of that. Potomac often feels like the housewives franchise with the least money, and it shows that all of them behave as if they need the money. I want to see the silliness that comes with rich people not giving a care in the world. 

It is an island of at least two, and I really think that is what many long time viewers want. I want to see silliness and petty drama of rich people that are not toxic and battling to be the last one standing.

• Like 4

Make it 3.  I think my favorite moment was when they went to Karen's historic home.  Karen and the young ones.  No Gizelle, Robyn or Mia.  It was silly and fun

I can't even bring myself to comment on part 3.  So over the protection of Gizelle by TPTB.

• Like 4