Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E05: Save the Stress for Later

• Start Topic

Oh, man, they are so lost.  Reminds me of that other team -- I don't remember which season it was -- they were the first out because they drove pretty much to Argentina instead of toward the ocean.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Popping in to ask: I think I read that this season was filmed before the last one.  If that’s correct, does anyone know why?  

It was originally edited for a 60 minute timeslot, then due to the writer's strike they had a 90 minute slot to fill. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 2
Just now, Grizzly said:

"That's my dude!" should have been the ep title.

Is it bad I want them to be “Team Bromance” and not just “Pilots”?

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 8
11 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

It was originally edited for a 60 minute timeslot, then due to the writer's strike they had a 90 minute slot to fill. 

Makes sense.  Thank you!  

Just now, MerBearHou said:

Leticia is terrible at this!!!

She is not even trying. She didn't try with that group of 20 people behind her.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
Just now, nilyank said:

She is not even trying. She didn't try with that group of 20 people behind her.

She was quite a contrast to Angie's cheerful funny dancing.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
Just now, Lantern7 said:

Ricky & Cesar win again.

They seem like delightful guys, but I was hoping for a shakeup.

How many wins is that?

Just now, Lantern7 said:

Looks like the firefighters will pull out another escape from elimination.

And the cousins are not as annoying this week.

4 minutes ago, anniebird said:

I don't want to hear Danny talk about having the lollipop ripped away from him - if he'd stop helping people maybe they'd do better.

He doesn't even wait for them to ask for help. He goes straight to giving them help.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2

Danny asking his mom if she wants to climb the fence? Sure, kid.

Climbing challenge that Mom can't possibly do? "Oh, I love to climb!"

He always points out that mom is the weakest link: "These drums are HEAVY, and Mom's shaking maracas."

He bugs. Big time!

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
2 minutes ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

Danny asking his mom if she wants to climb the fence? Sure, kid.

Climbing challenge that Mom can't possibly do? "Oh, I love to climb!"

He always points out that mom is the weakest link: "These drums are HEAVY, and Mom's shaking maracas."

He bugs. Big time!

Well, he's just pointing out the obvious. Sometimes he goes overboard with it, but it's an interesting contrast to her laid-back I-know-my-limits practicality.

• Like 10

Cesar  and  Ricky, another first place. Well done! 

Sunny and Bizzy make me nervous. 

Danny has great navigational  skills, so much so, two teams followed  them.

I figured the cousins might be last,  lost time at the board task.

Bye cousins. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

Sunny and Bizzy can’t keep getting away with this! lol. 

Well, it felt like the fact that she was a helicopter maintenance technician was going to be important later on in the episode, and so it proved. 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Browncoat said:

And she is so close to the steering wheel!  It looks so awkward.

They all look that way to me.  So close.  I wondered if they had to be that close for equipment or something.  A lot of them look like the steering wheel is in their chest and with a slight bump, WILL be in their chest.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I'm a hideous introvert and I could have asked for money better than Leticia.

While I liked the cousins, it was their time.

Exactly how long were Rod and Leticia lost?

• Like 4
4 hours ago, bunnyface said:

They all look that way to me.  So close.  I wondered if they had to be that close for equipment or something.  A lot of them look like the steering wheel is in their chest and with a slight bump, WILL be in their chest.

If the cousin driving hit a bump the steering wheel would be in her face. Darn, she is short.

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

Leticia is terrible at this!!!

Is there anything she's good at?  Maybe applying false eyelashes, something I cannot do, so there's that.

7 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

Danny has great navigational  skills, so much so, two teams followed  them.

Plus he said he went to school in Santiago, so he has some familiarity with the city.

Ugh, there are so many annoying people in this race, good thing they are being weeded out each week.  I'd had enough of the cousins' whining about not being able to do anything.  It did surprise me how well they scampered up the wall though.

Danny HAS to quit offering help to racers, because raaaaace!  Hopefully falling to third (?) was a wake up call that younger, faster (than mom) teams will take advantage of his help.

Ugh, Vinnie is the worst.  He transfers his panic to Amber and tells her to calm down when he is the one getting frantic.  How many times did Amber have to tell him to shut it?  Run, Amber, run!  He's a control freak who will always blame her when things go wrong.

The only ones not annoying me are Ricky and Cesar (good for them for another win!) and the pilots.  Both teams run their own races with little drama.  The girlfriends (whose names I still don't know, not the firefighters) are ok too probably because they are pretty much invisible.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

I lost track of time and missed the first 5 minutes of the episode.  Were maps given out to everyone, or did everyone actually stop and buy maps?  They all seemed to have the same one.  It bugs me that no one bothers folding them to show the area they need, and instead have this giant map out that obscures their view of the road and signs.

I was so hoping that Rod's lost nut would be the end of them.  Leticia bugs me. 

I'm getting worried that Danny is doing too many of the roadblocks.  I think Angie is going to get stuck with something too physical for her.  I am enjoying this team more than I originally thought I would.  Although the constant giving help is so going to cost them the race at some point.

The girlfriends get so little air time.  I wonder if they're the Beekman Boys of this season? 

Sunny & Bizzy really should be doing so much better than they are.  I like their dynamic together, and I wish they will have at least one episode where they run a really clean race with no stupid errors.

I love Ricky & Cesar.  No more to say.  😁

I thought the days of begging from locals was long gone.  But, the 2,500 pesos is only $2.50 US, so at least it's not that much.  I really thought they were going to have to learn a routine for the drum.  It was sort of disappointing that it was that easy. 

The climbing wall looked hard.  I'm short, and I don't think I could ever make some of those bigger reaches, even if I had any sort of upper body strength (which I don't). 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Is there anything she's good at?  Maybe applying false eyelashes, something I cannot do, so there's that.

This might have been why her whole "I'm so much better than his previous girlfriends who were just yes girls" speech fell quite flat.  She's been spectacularly unimpressive over this race, and seems to have a very high opinion of herself.

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3

Goodbye cousins!!!  Lordy too much crying.  Too much "I can't do it".  And that is an sorry excuse for "girl power" and no, you did not literally travel around the world.  Bye bye

Again, I think Vinnie & Amber are fine just showing their cultural socioeconomic differences et al not that he's a bad guy or bad boy friend. 

• Like 3
(edited)

Danny went to school in Santiago?  More info, please.

How did everyone know where to go to find the Thunderbird? Was that on the map? We needed more info on that too.

Why are there still stick shift cars? Those were brand new cars, not old ones. I get that some people still prefer manual transmission but they're not really better for gas mileage anymore so I don't get why they are still so abundant in foreign countries.

I missed how Danny and Angie fell behind after leaving the Roadblock in first place.

Whose kid was that greeter?

Still no big placement shakeups. This is turning into a really anticlimactic season. Ricky and Cesar still 1st. Amber and Vinnie from 2nd to 3rd. Angie and Danny from 3rd to 4th. Rod and Leticia still 5th. Juan and Shane from 5th to 2nd, the only big jump in the leg. Derek and Shelisa from 6th to 8th. Yvonne and Melissa from 7th to 6th, Sunny and Bizzy from 8th to 7th.

The leaders keep leading, the laggards keep lagging.

I did kind of laugh at Ricky and Cesar saying they want all the prizes.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
33 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Danny went to school in Santiago?  More info, please.

Angie mentioned this and said she was excited to see the city that he’d call her from. That’s all the info.

The treadmill at my gym has videos for a kind of virtual run. I picked one from Santiago this morning. 😊

• Like 1
  • Love 1