Type keyword(s) to search

S11. E10: Line In The Sand

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

What makes Schwartz think he’d be a great dad? Does he realize there’s a chance the baby might be a girl? 

You know there’s zero chance Schwartz knows how biology works. ZERO.

• LOL 8
(edited)
26 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I don't think she's been moping at all. But isn't she, by definition, an angry (validly) scorned woman? That isn't the opposite of moving on, I don't think; someone can be mad and also move on from something. 

I'm not seeing what the issue is here -- should she not have sex with someone new because she didn't want to have sex with someone old (or someone previous, rather)?

I am not saying his feelings are genuine or not -- I dunno -- but maybe being on TV is not a draw for him either way. I wouldn't, even if I had some famous SO. I thought he had some level of "fame" is some shit or another online? Again, I don't know...

Definitely not judging her for hooking up with Daniel. I was responding to the comment that we don’t know how serious or sexual the relationship is and how she probably wanted to take it slow. I was providing context on what she told us about the relationship.

23 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

You know there’s zero chance Schwartz knows how biology works. ZERO.

I’m not positive, but didn’t Schwartz claim to be pre-med in college?! Despite that, you’re probably right. Lol.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

In either the very first episode of the season or at least an early episode, Ariana was gushing about how she’s going to make babies with Daniel, even though she never wanted kids before.

Didn't Arriana say something about she and Sandoval's future children? I remember hearing it and thinking "Didn't she say she didn't want to have children, despite Sandoval's nagging her about it?".

• Like 3
(edited)

I didn't sense judging -- sorry if it seemed that way in my reply. I am doing 59 things at once; was trying to be concise, but maybe it came out snippy!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, elizacat said:

The cat litter tray WTF - in the footage shown she was scooping it not emptying it surely you scoop it more than once every couple of weeks poor kitty!

Seriously. I've always scooped the box several times a day. I can't imagine how disgusting the litter box and entire area would be if you only scooped every week or so.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I kind of don’t understand why Ariana didn’t install a lock on her bedroom door. In an early episode, they show Ariana’s bedroom. Many boxes, shipments of clothing. Stuff piled up everywhere. So we kind of conclude that she didn’t feel safe or comfortable leaving items in the living room or garage. But she trusted Sandoval to respect a closed bedroom door?

People are lazy.  Hell, I'M lazy.  It's not an excuse, but it is a reason why I can see this not happening.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

I’m not positive, but didn’t Schwartz claim to be pre-med in college?! Despite that, you’re probably right. Lol.

You are correct. Schwartz says he was pre-med at Florida State University. For what it's worth, I suspect he is probably the smartest of the group. Schwartz often uses "big words" that people ridicule, but, as opposed to Ariana, seems to use them correctly. Personally, I've never met a dummy who was pre-med anywhere, at any time.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I would like to take a left turn here to talk about the water tasting.

$1000 water is idiotic.  But tasting different waters strikes me as not the CRAZIEST 1st-world activity on the planet, especially in a place like Los Angeles, where the tap water comes from very far away and tastes awful.  I was lucky enough to grow up with well water from one of the greatest, cleanest water sources on the planet, the Adirondack mountains in northern NY State.  Bottled water can be pretty blech. Evian in particular I consider the most plastic-tasting water I've ever had.  If I have to drink bottled water (which is also terrible for the environment) I generally go for Poland Spring.

So really REALLY surveying the water you drink I actually get - I wouldn't harsh on Lala too much for this in particular to bring it back on topic, despite thinking she's terrible in general. 

A water sommelier is stupid, though.

13 minutes ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

I suspect [Tom Schwartz] is probably the smartest of the group.

I vote no.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
23 minutes ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

You are correct. Schwartz says he was pre-med at Florida State University. For what it's worth, I suspect he is probably the smartest of the group. Schwartz often uses "big words" that people ridicule, but, as opposed to Ariana, seems to use them correctly. Personally, I've never met a dummy who was pre-med anywhere, at any time.

SAYS  he was pre-med…

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Serious question - what exactly is pre-med?  Is it just the intention of eventually going to med school? Or is it something you apply for and are accepted into?  I've never understood this.

Sandoval is absurd.  He was bitching that Arianna moved on so he should too.  Um, sir, you moved on BEFORE you left the relationship, so shut up about what she does.  I also wonder if he realizes how bad it makes him look that he penalized Ann financially for daring talk to Arianna about changing jobs.  It's petty, vindictive, and controlling.  He needs to stop acting like he's the victim.  He's a bad look.

Arianna - look, I can kinda give a pass on the take out box still being there less than 24 hours later.  It's still pretty gross, but whatevs.  However, bragging that you cleaned the litter box last week??? What the actual fuck?  You don't get to call them your children and take subpar care of them.  Definitely not ok. Pull yourself together, ma'am, and take better care of your pets.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Sandoval has not changed a bit. Ever. He’s always been the narcissistic, controlling, know it all, asshole that he is now. And it wasn’t all that long ago that Arianna would destroy and chop down anyone who dared to come at him for anything. Including his ex that she treated horribly when he cheated on her, with Arianna. So she can take several seats now. She is so awful and hypocritical she’s making me take his side in this breakup. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, lasu said:

Serious question - what exactly is pre-med?  Is it just the intention of eventually going to med school? Or is it something you apply for and are accepted into?  I've never understood this.

I don't know if all schools follow the same curriculum, but my knowledge of the process is that a pre-med student declares his or her intention to attend medical school and has an advisor who assists in choosing the requisite coursework necessary to achieve that goal. In addition to general classes, there is a heavy focus on subjects such as biological sciences, physiology, biochemistry, organic chemistry, genetics, calculus, etc. This helps prepare the student for the MCATs and applications to medical schools. In my opinion, college doesn't get tougher than this track.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

All of these negatives could (and may) be true about Ariana, but they don't change the fact that Tom is the one who trashed the relationship* and endangered the dog. I don't see how any side in the breakup could be taken but Ariana's, even if you (the universal you) hate everything about her.

*Even if the relationship was as bad as Tom says, he still cheated instead of just getting out if it. 

ETA: Good point by Watch What Crappens re. skewers: Tom (it appears) leaves food and shit out all over the counters regularly.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

I don't know if all schools follow the same curriculum, but my knowledge of the process is that a pre-med student declares his or her intention to attend medical school and has an advisor who assists in choosing the requisite coursework necessary to achieve that goal. In addition to general classes, there is a heavy focus on subjects such as biological sciences, physiology, biochemistry, organic chemistry, genetics, calculus, etc. This helps prepare the student for the MCATs and applications to medical schools. In my opinion, college doesn't get tougher than this track.

I agree this is incredibly tough IF that's what someone is actually doing.  But based on this, it sounds like Schwartz could say he was pre-med based on nothing.  It sounds like anyone can declare themselves "pre-med" (or, I'm guessing, "pre-law"), but in reality they are just working on a bachelors like everyone else.  I'm sure those that do get accepted into med school have followed an outline like you describe, but I don't believe Schwartz was.  Is anyone else horrified at someone who can't handle the stress of a bartending shift becoming a doctor??

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, lasu said:

I agree this is incredibly tough IF that's what someone is actually doing.  But based on this, it sounds like Schwartz could say he was pre-med based on nothing.  It sounds like anyone can declare themselves "pre-med" (or, I'm guessing, "pre-law"), but in reality they are just working on a bachelors like everyone else.  I'm sure those that do get accepted into med school have followed an outline like you describe, but I don't believe Schwartz was.  Is anyone else horrified at someone who can't handle the stress of a bartending shift becoming a doctor??

I seriously doubt that Schwartz would have made it far on this track before washing out completely, but I still think he likely has more innate intellectual ability than the rest of the cast. Not that Florida State is an apex school, but it is fairly selective (25% acceptance rate). Most of his cast mates attended colleges that pretty much accept anyone with a pulse.

• Like 6

I watched the extended version of the episode on Peacock (instead of focusing on my work) and there was a lot that they cut out on Bravo's episode.

There was a fun scene with Ally and James out to dinner with his mother and Lisa and them giving them all the hot goss.

Also a scene of the Toms out to dinner with a friend talking about dating, etc.

At the beach Ariana and Katie shared they had hired Ann to help them with sandwich shop stuff. Tom didn't hear that part, but had an attitude about Ann and Ariana's chat and how it shouldn't have happened and that he hadn't fired her. Meanwhile the producers flash back to his night out and he says he's hired some dude named George to be his assistant and replace Ann. He's so full of shit.

Anyway, it was fun to watch.

• Like 8
  • Useful 4
2 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

Seriously. I've always scooped the box several times a day. I can't imagine how disgusting the litter box and entire area would be if you only scooped every week or so.

Yeah exactly I scoop my cats tray multiple times a day! 

• Like 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, JenE4 said:

And to think, this was filmed 8 months ago and Ariana just bought a new home. Ariana really spent an entire year spewing vitriol at Tom? This was four months in and everyone was already over how uncomfortable this was. Yes, she was hurt and her feeling are valid. But the way she was even yelling at all of the guys for not putting Tom in his place was just absurd. Both events Tom wasn’t doing anything or saying anything about her. She was the one constantly talking smack about him and trying to incite arguments. Lala and Scheana both (accurately) said how Tom cheating on Ariana was the best thing that’s ever happened to her. She never would have gotten all of the endorsements and work she did otherwise. And, frankly, any sponsors seeing her behavior now might have a change of heart. She might be upset about Tom having a “redemption tour,” but she’s really making it hard for viewers or her friends/castmates to take her side.

Agree. She was awful. I wouldn't want to be around someone so filled with rage. It isn't healthy for the person or the ones around her. I don't know where this show has to go. I'm finding it hard to root for any of the people. Actually, I'm finding it hard to tolerate any of them. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, politichick said:

I watched the extended version of the episode on Peacock (instead of focusing on my work) and there was a lot that they cut out on Bravo's episode.

There was a fun scene with Ally and James out to dinner with his mother and Lisa and them giving them all the hot goss.

At the beach Ariana and Katie shared they had hired Ann to help them with sandwich shop stuff. Tom didn't hear that part, but had an attitude about Ann and Ariana's chat and how it shouldn't have happened and that he hadn't fired her. Meanwhile the producers flash back to his night out and he says he's hired some dude named George to be his assistant and replace Ann. He's so full of shit.

Thanks.  This was helpful for me to scan through to find those scenes.  Wow, Sandoval was such a dick at that dinner.  He was really trashing Katie and Ariana.

• Like 5

On the After Show, Scheana and Kristen discuss how Sandoval, oblivious, locked Mya in Ariana’s bedroom.

Kristen says, “He’s not aware of his surroundings… Just the mirror.”

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, snarts said:

Ariana likely has one of those cat litter robots that only require weekly disposal.  Similar to diaper genies, they're vacuum sealed. 

Unfortunately, when they showed Sandoval grandstanding on camera and changing the litter box, she has a litterbox cabinet with a regular (looked very small, tbh) litter pan.  And it really did look bad.  She really should get one of the litter robots, if she hasn't already at this point.

• Like 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Scheana is actually being a very good friend to Ariana in the After Show. She is supporting Ariana 100% in the way Ariana is reacting to what Sandoval says and does.

I’ve noticed this, and it was probably because she was being interviewed next to Kristen, who is very Team Ariana. Scheana is the ultimate flip-flopper.  When she is with Lala she is more sympathetic to Sandoval.

I was so distracted by Schwartz’s sweater at the water party.  He looked like Will Farrell in my favorite Christmas movie, Elf.

Edited by Kiki777
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Stiggs said:

I sat here watching this mess like, Ariana, girl, run. You have one actual friend in this group, the rest are jealous assholes who only want to be your friend if they can get Uber Eats commercials and a possible rec for DWTS. Sandoval is disturbing, and the rest of them are being gleefully gaslit and enjoying it. The hypocrisy over the "make peace," and "get over it" crowd is just gross. Let's bring in Rand, see how peaceful LaLa is about that. Anger doesn't look good on anyone, but I can't begrudge Ariana her anger. This type of thing is not a "get over it" quickly kind of thing? It's gonna take more than a few months. My god, I'm just so grateful for my friends right now who give me room to have my feelings without judging them. 

Sandoval's shamelessness makes me physically uncomfortable. He isn't sorry in the least, and he seems to think he can whine his way out of this - cuz that's exactly what's happening with 95% of the damn cast. 

Katie and Schwartz, however, are the most watchable they've ever been. I somehow enjoy this weirdo stage they've entered. 

If this show makes it another year, I hope if revolves around Summer Moon and Hippie/Graham Cracker, and maybe Ally. Otherwise, ugh, boring. Not compelling TV, folks. 

They need to get new people for the show.  Ones that aren’t jaded and pushing or past 40.  The interesting part of the show was the interaction at the restaurant.  No one works there anymore.  In fact, most of them just plain don’t work.  Pining for an invite to DWTS and whining about not getting one is not a job.

I am also avoiding The Village because, even in a different setting, these people have no redeeming qualities.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I kind of don’t understand why Ariana didn’t install a lock on her bedroom door. In an early episode, they show Ariana’s bedroom. Many boxes, shipments of clothing. Stuff piled up everywhere. So we kind of conclude that she didn’t feel safe or comfortable leaving items in the living room or garage. But she trusted Sandoval to respect a closed bedroom door? I am not trying to blame her. But I do believe that she is cautious enough and was feeling vulnerable enough to take that extra step.

Don't most doors have locks?

1 hour ago, lasu said:

Unfortunately, when they showed Sandoval grandstanding on camera and changing the litter box, she has a litterbox cabinet with a regular (looked very small, tbh) litter pan.  And it really did look bad.  She really should get one of the litter robots, if she hasn't already at this point.

I wondered about the cabinet invoice the box was located and wondered if it was a robot literbox. I use a silicate type so I only need to scoop the poop, but once it reaches absorption capacity,  it gets bad FAST.

10 hours ago, JenE4 said:

We do know how she felt about Daniel at the time of filming. In either the very first episode of the season or at least an early episode, Ariana was gushing about how she’s going to make babies with Daniel, even though she never wanted kids before. She fucked him when she met him at her friend’s wedding, even though she never wanted to have sex with Sandoval. She was going on and on about how he’s a better man than Tom in every way. I can’t give specific quotes, but that was the general vibe. The baby thing she definitely said because Lala (or one of the girls) nearly fell out of her chair in shock that Ariana wants babies with this new man even though Tom couldn’t convince her beyond freezing eggs in a decade. 

IMO Ariana's rage is understandable, and I'm glad if she's found a new guy who treats her well.  But I've always found her to be full of shit in her proclamations about herself (with the occasional bout of honesty), and that includes this one.

7 hours ago, lasu said:

It's easy to be "pre-med" or anything else freshman year when you're still taking basic requirements - do we know how old he was when he dropped out?

1 hour ago, b2H said:

They need to get new people for the show.  Ones that aren’t jaded and pushing or past 40.  The interesting part of the show was the interaction at the restaurant.  No one works there anymore.  In fact, most of them just plain don’t work.  Pining for an invite to DWTS and whining about not getting one is not a job.

I am also avoiding The Village because, even in a different setting, these people have no redeeming qualities.

The problem is that no one wants to watch new people on the show, and the people we want to watch have aged out.  If the Schwartzes, the Sheanas and the Stassis were all on the Village we'd probably all watch it even as we complained about them, but Dayna, Max, Charlie, Danica and the gruesome and hideous Brett proved that we don't want to watch new people doing these things, and while The Village may catch on it will never be VDR because no one cares about those people either 🤷‍♀️  VDR just needs to fade out.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 4/2/2024 at 7:39 PM, Jaundiced Eye said:

And, as mentioned previously, Ariana needs to stop being such a slob. How hard is it to throw away your food garbage? Is she a hoarder or something? CLEAN YOUR ROOM! And acting proud because you cleaned the litter box a week ago?  🤮 

She’s disgusting.  Cats are very clean animals, it’s distressing to them when the box is not clean, it’s cruel to not clean the litter box.  It is a DAILY thing.  She says she loves her animals but that’s no way to treat them.

On 4/2/2024 at 10:19 PM, Carolina Girl said:

Which idiot chucklefuck actually brought up Rachel?

It was stupid Brock.

12 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I can see why everyone is tense whenever Arianna is around. She just flies off the handle any time something that could be related to Sandoval is mentioned!

Speaking of which, I could have sworn Arianna called 9-11 on him this week. 🤔

She is insane if she thinks the police need to be called because Sandoval is speaking to her.  They are filming a show!  Together!!

1 hour ago, Gharlane said:

I wondered about the cabinet invoice the box was located and wondered if it was a robot literbox. I use a silicate type so I only need to scoop the poop, but once it reaches absorption capacity,  it gets bad FAST.

That was not a robot litter box.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

She is insane if she thinks the police need to be called because Sandoval is speaking to her.  They are filming a show!  Together!!

Yeah, she is becoming insufferable and just an asshole. The police have much better things to do than to deal with their crap. Neither one of them should be pet owners right now. In a year, I predict Tom will be back with the group and she will find herself on the outs. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Is it fun to watch Ariana be so angry?  No.  But it is even less fun to watch Lala and Sheana be such bad friends to her. And Brock just needs to go away, such a thirsty pot stirrer.  Has he straightened up his child support/visitation issues??

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Various interior doors on our house have locks, but the type to lock when you're in there, not the type with keys.  Like a bathroom door lock.

5 hours ago, gwen747 said:

The police have much better things to do than to deal with their crap.

She said she would on a show that they pay them to be dramatic on.  No one was calling the cops.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
18 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

Me too - I was surprised that they had not purchased one of those incredible self-cleaning boxes that are amazing and only require maybe weekly or even bi-weekly maintenance to dump a receptacle box's contents.  The priciest one is about $400.  Hell a LitterMaid would be better and that's a couple hundred. .

• Like 2

We find out all sorts of disgusting things about individuals when they are knee-deep in an acrimonious split. Sandoval wears the same underwear and socks, day after day, without laundering them. Ariana neglects the litter box. That room must smell to high heaven. Even if you scoop and replace the litter often, it will smell. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I know we all have our things; but of all the things to judge someone morally on, I simply cannot rank a 1-cat, once-a-week litterbox scoop that high on the terrible scale. 

Granted, I have three cats and it's constant.  Allow me to say when it was one cat?  It definitely wasn't.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 5
18 hours ago, Lassus said:

$1000 water is idiotic.  But tasting different waters strikes me as not the CRAZIEST 1st-world activity on the planet, especially in a place like Los Angeles, where the tap water comes from very far away and tastes awful. 

That's why I thought it would turn out to be a demo for a Cullgan water purifier, not a shady salesman. I swear I recognize him from somewhere and thought he was a shyster then, too.

16 hours ago, politichick said:

Wow, almost makes me want to subscribe! 🙂

Is this what they eventually play on Bravo's "extra" eps and "lost footage" specials?

Wait, why are they paying Anne to help with their pretend sandwich shop? 🤔

• Useful 1
(edited)

Cleaning a litter box takes all of a couple of minutes; outside of the occasional forgetting, I really can't come up with a reason that the average cat owner wouldn't/couldn't do it at least once a day. And, if it's one of those "most hated" chores like we all probably have (grocery shopping for me -- screw you, grocery shopping!), it's probably worth the expense of the automatic ones.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)

That's why I said "average cat owner." But really, it's a couple of minutes. And if it takes longer than that, I'd argue that might be all the more reason to stay on top of it. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I can see why everyone is tense whenever Arianna is around. She just flies off the handle any time something that could be related to Sandoval is mentioned!

Funny, I just watched Ariana listen without "flying off the handle" when Lala announced she had gone, uninvited, to Ariana's home to work on her own relationship with Sandoval.?  If I was ever going to get pissy with someone, THAT would have been the time!  Does Lala think everyone has forgotten her tirade at the Reunion? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lassus said:

I know we all have our things; but of all the things to judge someone morally on, I simply cannot rank a 1-cat, once-a-week litterbox scoop that high on the terrible scale. 

Granted, I have three cats and it's constant.  Allow me to say when it was one cat?  It definitely wasn't.

I am not necessarily judging these reality TV cast members. Certainly not morally! 

But it’s interesting for me, because I am so self-conscious. If I were on TV, people would probably accuse me of being fake, because I am naturally a hoarder, but I WOULD tidy every time before they brought cameras in. I would clean that litter box. 

It probably makes Ariana more relatable. 

• Like 3

Even production - which has always favored the “men”on this show -is having a hard time making Ariana look as bad as Sandoval if the worst things about her now are a) being a slob and b) being mad at her ex who secretly slept with her friend for 6 months.

Sandoval a) wears the same filthy drawers for days and b) gets mad at you for using words he doesn’t understand 😝 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
On 4/3/2024 at 6:40 AM, Lassus said:

Not at this point she hadn't, no.  The time delay on these shows has really made the narrative pretty screwy.

Ariana already (August 2023) had many deals with big name companies. 

(edited)
On 4/3/2024 at 8:56 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Why are so many of them wearing these bright greens? Schwartz’s shirt/sweater at this water tasting.

Hide contents

Ally and Sandoval are wearing loud greens at the Reunion.

I think I learned watching Project Runway that green is often NOT flattering.

Katie and Schwartz were both wearing terrible outfits at the water tasting.

Neon green is a trendy color. And Katie had a lot of nerve criticizing Schwartz's sweater when she was wearing a long t-shirt with a bra and panty print. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I was shocked by Ariana's outbursts. Yes, even If it was five months after she found out about Sandoval's cheating. 

Her relationship to Daniel was serious if she claimed she would have children with him that early.  

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Neon green is a trendy color. And Katie had a lot of nerve criticizing Schwartz's sweater when she was wearing a long t-shirt with a bra and panty print. 

Thank goodness none of them have been wearing neon green. (I think the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills had a group photo, promoting an upcoming season. The color theme seemed to be neon/highlighter pen colors. At least four of them had to wear neon yellow or green.)

It’s a shame that so many reality TV cast members don’t know how to dress or style themselves. They will wear whatever is trendy, even if they look ridiculous in it. 

Katie’s jean jacket vest was also laughable. At one point, they were looking at each other with awkward smiles. As if they were realizing, “We both look like s- - -.”

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Ariana already (August 2023) had many deals with big name companies.

I was listening to a podcast earlier this week and they said usually for these brand deals you don't get paid until about 60-90 days after the ad is out.  So she may have had these deals but probably hadn't seen most of the money yet.  I had no clue that's how a lot of these deals worked. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1