Type keyword(s) to search

S11. E10: Line In The Sand

• Start Topic

Lala hosts a water-tasting event; Schwartz confronts Katie for her recent hookup; Ariana takes Sandoval to task for an irresponsible mishap; tensions boil over when Tom and Ariana clash about long-simmering resentments.

First aired on 4/2/2024

• Like 1

A "$1,000 bottle of water" -- GTFO, weirdo.

And, as mentioned previously, Ariana needs to stop being such a slob. How hard is it to throw away your food garbage? Is she a hoarder or something? CLEAN YOUR ROOM! And acting proud because you cleaned the litter box a week ago?  🤮 

Also, Ariana, the self-proclaimed genius, needs to learn that "extrapolation" is not a synonym for "extraction."

• Like 16
  • Applause 4
(edited)

I hate Brock. Dude needs to STFU.

Ariana has every right to be pissed. Lala's a fucking hypocrit. Let's see her hang at the beach with Rand.

She & Scheana are teeming with jealous rage. Just because Ariana isnt on the couch crying, it doesnt mean shes not still hurting.

If they didnt have scandoval, what the hell would they talk about on the show, on their podcasts, to the paps? Sparking water?? 😂

Edited by snarts
  • Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, snarts said:

I hate Brock. Dude needs to STFU.

I don't hate him, but I agree that he needs to STFU. It seems stirring the pot is his solution to having no story line.

• Like 14

And to think, this was filmed 8 months ago and Ariana just bought a new home. Ariana really spent an entire year spewing vitriol at Tom? This was four months in and everyone was already over how uncomfortable this was. Yes, she was hurt and her feeling are valid. But the way she was even yelling at all of the guys for not putting Tom in his place was just absurd. Both events Tom wasn’t doing anything or saying anything about her. She was the one constantly talking smack about him and trying to incite arguments. Lala and Scheana both (accurately) said how Tom cheating on Ariana was the best thing that’s ever happened to her. She never would have gotten all of the endorsements and work she did otherwise. And, frankly, any sponsors seeing her behavior now might have a change of heart. She might be upset about Tom having a “redemption tour,” but she’s really making it hard for viewers or her friends/castmates to take her side.

Aside from all that, what’s with the outdoor bathtub at Scheana’s house? Is that “a thing”?

• Like 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

Also, Ariana, the self-proclaimed genius, needs to learn that "extrapolation" is not a synonym for "extraction."

I laughed out loud at that.

1 hour ago, snarts said:

If they didnt have scandoval, what the hell would they talk about on the show,

If Scandoval hadn't happened, I don't think there would still BE a show.  

But seriously, I'm over Sandoval.  Loved at the end how he tried to throw ANN under the bus about locking Mya in the room.  "Someone, either me or maybe Ann....."  Ann didn't go in there to fix the air conditioner.  And even if Ariana did leave food, she explained that she makes sure that Mya has no access to the room when she's not there.

And Lala - you're the "sucker born every minute" if you believed for one second that that bottle of water cost $1,000 and was the only one in the U.S.  I'm willing to bet it was tap water in a decorative bottle.  That YOU paid for.

By the way, Brock, no one is living for your fucking approval, especially Ariana.  And if you don't like how they behave you can just absent yourself from filming.  Fuck the hell off.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Tom wasn’t doing anything or saying anything about her. She was the one constantly talking smack about him

Didn't he sit down on the beach and quickly start talking about and dating website he's on? Why even say that?  I think part of the sickness here is that he sometimes does things to fan the anger.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

And, as mentioned previously, Ariana needs to stop being such a slob. How hard is it to throw away your food garbage? Is she a hoarder or something? CLEAN YOUR ROOM! And acting proud because you cleaned the litter box a week ago?  🤮 

I agree - I was like "WTF????"  And here, I thought I splurge when I buy a six pack of Fiji Water!!  🤣  I do agree, though, that different waters do have different tastes.  For example, I can tell the difference between Dasani and Fiji water.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I think Tom just does things to get a reaction out of Ariana like talking about the singles event.

Leaving food out does gross me out beyond belief. 

Which idiot chucklefuck actually brought up Rachel?  I was like "are you fucking kidding me?"  And count me in with the person upthread who said wonder what Ms. Get Over it Lala would do or say if Schwartz brought his buddy Randall to a couple of these events.  And did she seriously tell Ariana that her lawyers shouldn't be doing her communicating?  Uh, excuse me honey - aren't YOUR lawyers the ones talking to Rand?  You two weren't married either.

The fact that Ann tells me she'd rather work for Ariana than Sandoval is quite telling. 

By the way, why isn't Schwartz pissed at his supposed best friend Max betraying him with Katie?  

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1

Ariana is so fucking tedious.  Enough already.  She did the exact same thing.  They all have.  And she’s made herself a millionaire because of it.  I don’t even care that he’s a douchebag because she’s just so over the top.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 5

Never been a fan of Sandoval. And now I'm definitely not liking Ariana. Arguing over cleaning a litter box? My heartfelt sympathy to the cat(s) who have to listen to these immature, egotistical assholes yelling and screaming. And most obviously, neither of them give a shit about the pets. 

Excuse me while I go puke.

• Like 7
27 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

The fact that Ann tells me she'd rather work for Ariana than Sandoval is quite telling. 

By the way, why isn't Schwartz pissed at his supposed best friend Max betraying him with Katie?  

I have felt all season that Ann seemed to like Ariana more than Sandy - makes me wonder if this whole thing isn't a contrived "storyline" - I mean what do either of them need an "assistant" for anyway?  They could use a housekeeper or a pet sitter, but an assistant?  And Ann brought her "resume"? 😂

Color me surprised that Schwartz's "best friend" is Max - I always thought it was Sandy.  The whole thing about getting involved in their "friend group" really meant VDR cast anyway, so Schwartz was in the wrong because Raquel was on the show, whereas stupid old Max is no longer, so Katie may be right that she can do as she pleases - but Max, Katie?  Really?  And then skanky old Dayna at the water party 🙄. At least no one's bringing old barf bag Brett back! 😖🤢. He was the worst!

Based on the house conflict, I can just hear Ariana and Sandy saying, "Why should he/she get the VDR paycheck and not me?  I'm not leaving!!!"

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Tom is definitely  a huge ass ,  but now I've heard enough  from Ariana . First,  if the AC was off when you got home, and not fixed, you'd probably  rage. Throw your food leftovers  in the trash! We've  seen your room, it's a state, and poor Mya seems  to eat anything. 

Brock mentioned  Raquel  didn't  he, good lord,  what's wrong  with you. Although  he said something I agreed with, usually when he's  talking with Scheana. Water sommelier, we saw a program  once and it's a real job. I like my water from my tap.

• Like 8
(edited)

I’m sick of this Sandoval victim shit.

Schwartz broke the agreement first so meh. They are funny together when they were just joking around.

Sandoval was wrong in the Mya situation. Him going into the room is so shady and I still think he shut the door on purpose. Ariana should throw her trash away obv that’s gross but she had shut the door. Why is the main AC thing that needed to be fixed just in that one room lol. So weird.

Brock shut up.

Sandoval prob did think Ariana would take whatever for the house.

I do not care about Sandoval’s dating life. People need to stop asking and he needs to stop talking about it. 

Sandoval thought him and Ariana would be civil? Lmao damn he is so delusional.

Again Ariana isn’t perfect but Sandoval fucking sucks. It’s not like Sandoval has actually accepted being a dbag he is just amping up

LaLa wants Ariana to get over it but she raged about Randall for like 2 years lol.

A water sommelier is idiotic lol. I agree different water have different tastes but some of the shit that guy was saying was dumb. Also $1K for a bottle of water? GTFO. Yea let’s somehow make water become unattainable when everyone should just automatically be getting the best water because it’s fucking water and humans need it but that’s not what happens. Now we got dbags having water tastings. Fuck off with that.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 12
  • LOL 2

Observing Sandovals' deficient levels of self-awareness, maturity, responsibility, concern for anyone other than himself - his feelings, his "needs" (needs that include needing a paid "assistant" to pick up his dirty undies and sox from wherever he's tossed them & launder them🙄) and his near pathological attempts  to place blame for anything  he does on anyone other than himself  (ex: he  eavesdrops on Ann telling Ariana she'd prefer working for her. This pisses  him off & next opportunity he has he insinuates that Ann may be responsible for Mya being shut in Arianas room. Spoken like a true slime ball Sandy-o.

The only logical conclusion to be drawn from these observations is that   

.Sandoval is a desiccated  turd in the litter box of his life.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2

(Some initial thoughts about "Line in the Sand". I might write something more elaborate later.)

I never heard of a "water sommelier" before, and then it suddenly occurred to me that this was going to be a Culligan water purification system pitch. 

What is Assistant Anne's malfunction? 

Arrianna needs to quit being such a raving screaming bitch. I doubly resent her making me side with Sandoval.

LaLa and Brock were the voices of reason this week. Is this the world we live in?

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
8 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

I think Tom just does things to get a reaction out of Ariana like talking about the singles event.

Leaving food out does gross me out beyond belief. 

Yeah, but Ariana already had a serious boyfriend at this time. She started dating him within like 2 weeks of the break-up (and she’s still with him). So hearing about Sandoval having a date shouldn’t be some knife to the heart. What’s Daniel (the boyfriend) to think about how Ariana feels about him if she’s acting so unhinged over her ex? The opposite of love isn’t hate, it’s indifference. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, TOL said:

And she’s made herself a millionaire because of it.

Not at this point she hadn't, no.  The time delay on these shows has really made the narrative pretty screwy.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

Sandoval embracing his villain era should be way more entertaining than this.

Lala is about as deep and interesting as a bottle of still water so that kind of made sense.

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Yeah, but Ariana already had a serious boyfriend at this time.

Very fair, although "serious" is a probably bit of an oversell this early.  

1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

What’s Daniel (the boyfriend) to think about how Ariana feels about him if she’s acting so unhinged over her ex?

That she's on an entertainment show, I'd think. I'd imagine it's been discussed.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Arrianna needs to quit being such a raving screaming bitch. I doubly resent her making me side with Sandoval.

I get the sentiment, but if it had been my dog I'd have forced broken skewers down his throat in his sleep.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Yeah, but Ariana already had a serious boyfriend at this time. She started dating him within like 2 weeks of the break-up (and she’s still with him). So hearing about Sandoval having a date shouldn’t be some knife to the heart. What’s Daniel (the boyfriend) to think about how Ariana feels about him if she’s acting so unhinged over her ex? The opposite of love isn’t hate, it’s indifference. 

I think given Sandoval cheated on her and this is a few months after when they filmed he shouldn't have brought it up. It was mentioned earlier in the season Daniel hasn't stayed at the house when he visits her. 

• Like 5
(edited)

I sat here watching this mess like, Ariana, girl, run. You have one actual friend in this group, the rest are jealous assholes who only want to be your friend if they can get Uber Eats commercials and a possible rec for DWTS. Sandoval is disturbing, and the rest of them are being gleefully gaslit and enjoying it. The hypocrisy over the "make peace," and "get over it" crowd is just gross. Let's bring in Rand, see how peaceful LaLa is about that. Anger doesn't look good on anyone, but I can't begrudge Ariana her anger. This type of thing is not a "get over it" quickly kind of thing? It's gonna take more than a few months. My god, I'm just so grateful for my friends right now who give me room to have my feelings without judging them. 

Sandoval's shamelessness makes me physically uncomfortable. He isn't sorry in the least, and he seems to think he can whine his way out of this - cuz that's exactly what's happening with 95% of the damn cast. 

Katie and Schwartz, however, are the most watchable they've ever been. I somehow enjoy this weirdo stage they've entered. 

If this show makes it another year, I hope if revolves around Summer Moon and Hippie/Graham Cracker, and maybe Ally. Otherwise, ugh, boring. Not compelling TV, folks. 

Edited by Stiggs
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

I have questions!

How much does the event itself cost if just one of the bottles of water costs $1,000? If there is only one bottle of this magical water, what is the point of doing a "tasting" if no one can continue to buy and use it anyway? Why would this backyard event with these people be the place where someone tastes (and/or wastes) their magical water?! 

Bobby Boucher would have A LOT to say about this!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, TOL said:

Ariana is so fucking tedious.  Enough already.  She did the exact same thing.  They all have.  And she’s made herself a millionaire because of it.  I don’t even care that he’s a douchebag because she’s just so over the top.

The bold part -- I'm lost; what exact same thing is being referred to? 

Ann said to Tom that she was "helping Ariana" with something. This makes me curious: if Ann is paid by Tom, why is she helping Ariana? I mean, I don't care that she is, but I feel like ol' scorekeeper/chore-tallying Tom would!

While I agree that keeping leftover food in the bedroom isn't great, it's a separate issue and beside the point; the dog incident is 100% Tom's fault (assuming that the story we have is the truth). Neither Ariana nor the chicken satay shut the dog into the room -- Tom did (after also going in there in the first place; they basically have a mediator running interference when someone wants to walk down a hallway, FFS -- as ridiculous as it is, he probably should have had Ann or someone else handle this AC issue).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 5

Ann was making assistant recs for Ariana.

Even though Ariana had started seeing Dan, we don't know how serious or sexual it was. I can imagine her wanting to take time to get to know him better before intimacy and from the very teeny bit we've seen of him, I can imagine him going along with it.

I don't get the Ariana hate here. It was just four months on, she was still hurting/reeling and the big bucks had not yet begun rolling in. She had the DWTS gig, but hadn't started it yet and had no idea how far she'd go.

Tom is a fucking asshole who does shady shit like bringing up their issues in front of the others to get a rise out of her. He is extremely insensitive. Knows she doesn't want him to talk to her, which he ignores.

And all of these cries for her to move are ridiculous. Thankfully she ignored them, saved her money and now has a nice new home of her own. Meanwhile Scheana and Lala have two mortgages each. Why?

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I’m  going to weigh in here with the dog - I see this as Ariana’s fault - I have a dog and well dog’s eat stuff they shouldn’t she must know this. You don’t leave dangerous food waste lying around. I get the dog didn’t have access to the room but things happen especially when you share with people. Sure Tom was irresponsible looking the dog in the room but seriously you don’t leave dangerous stuff lying around.

Just get rid of takeaway stuff easy to lay blame on others when really if she just got rid of the stuff it wouldn’t have been an issue.

6K at the Vet - does she not have insurance for her children!

The cat litter tray WTF - in the footage shown she was scooping it not emptying it surely you scoop it more than once every couple of weeks poor kitty!

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Cute: James embarrassed that The Water Guy caught James looking at him and then hiding.

Haha! I laughed -- it's your own house, James; you're allowed to look out the window!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

Why are so many of them wearing these bright greens? Schwartz’s shirt/sweater at this water tasting.

Spoiler

Ally and Sandoval are wearing loud greens at the Reunion.

I think I learned watching Project Runway that green is often NOT flattering.

Katie and Schwartz were both wearing terrible outfits at the water tasting.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

You might be expecting too much.   It is embarrassing how dumb all of these people are.  I recall that Schena couldn't name the Frist Lady of the US.   

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Oh, I DETEST Sandoval’s reasoning that, because Mya did not DIE, he’s off the hook. Someone did that to me. They believe that, as long as no one died, this absolves them 100% of negligence or high-risk behavior. 

• Like 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Lassus said:

I get the sentiment, but if it had been my dog I'd have forced broken skewers down his throat in his sleep.

🤷‍♂️

I just can't get past her leaving leftovers on her nightstand that would harm her dog and counted on the door being kept shut. I don't know about you all, I put mine in the fridge as soon as I get home.

19 minutes ago, BluishGreen said:

Arianna is serious about her vocabulary. 

19 minutes ago, BluishGreen said:

You might be expecting too much.   It is embarrassing how dumb all of these people are.  I recall that Schena couldn't name the Frist Lady of the US.   

What's a "Frist Lady"? 😉

Edited by Gharlane
  • Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, BluishGreen said:

My apologies to the spelling police.  First Lady of he US.

Don't worry! Haha, it's like some kind of crazy rule in the universe that if you call out someone's error in writing, you'll probably end up with some kind of typo in said callout. Believe me, I know; I'm a copy editor and it happens all the time. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Scary, fucking rage all the time that he had to deal with, their entire relationship?!?

I can see why everyone is tense whenever Arianna is around. She just flies off the handle any time something that could be related to Sandoval is mentioned!

Speaking of which, I could have sworn Arianna called 9-11 on him this week. 🤔

• Like 5

I kind of don’t understand why Ariana didn’t install a lock on her bedroom door. In an early episode, they show Ariana’s bedroom. Many boxes, shipments of clothing. Stuff piled up everywhere. So we kind of conclude that she didn’t feel safe or comfortable leaving items in the living room or garage. But she trusted Sandoval to respect a closed bedroom door? I am not trying to blame her. But I do believe that she is cautious enough and was feeling vulnerable enough to take that extra step.

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Scary, f- - -ing rage all the time that he had to deal with, their entire relationship?!?

He is so fucking full of shit.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Get Over it Lala would do or say if Schwartz brought his buddy Randall to a couple of these events.  And did she seriously tell Ariana that her lawyers shouldn't be doing her communicating?  Uh, excuse me honey - aren't YOUR lawyers the ones talking to Rand?  You two weren't married either.

Lala says that as she wears different versions of "Send it to Darrell" sweatshirts every freaking episode. SO over her shit. She is such a producer pet and obviously jealous of the success Ariana has gotten. How many times has Lala brought up one of Ariana's gigs in her confessionals? Lala you left Rand's house cause you had zero ownership of it. Your situations are not the same! 

Brock really needs to STFU. If I were either Katie or Ariana I'd just call him a deadbeat anytime he tried to come for me. Pay your child support and see your kids and then you can try to take the moral high ground with me.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Lassus said:

Very fair, although "serious" is a probably bit of an oversell this early.  

That she's on an entertainment show, I'd think. I'd imagine it's been discussed.

2 hours ago, politichick said:

Even though Ariana had started seeing Dan, we don't know how serious or sexual it was. I can imagine her wanting to take time to get to know him better before intimacy and from the very teeny bit we've seen of him, I can imagine him going along with it.

We do know how she felt about Daniel at the time of filming. In either the very first episode of the season or at least an early episode, Ariana was gushing about how she’s going to make babies with Daniel, even though she never wanted kids before. She fucked him when she met him at her friend’s wedding, even though she never wanted to have sex with Sandoval. She was going on and on about how he’s a better man than Tom in every way. I can’t give specific quotes, but that was the general vibe. The baby thing she definitely said because Lala (or one of the girls) nearly fell out of her chair in shock that Ariana wants babies with this new man even though Tom couldn’t convince her beyond freezing eggs in a decade. Granted, she’s just been a moping sad sack or angry scorned woman in every scene we’ve seen of her since then, so she is certainly not acting like she’s moved on. But she did establish that she and Daniel were serious. Granted, they live on different coasts, and we haven’t “met” him so I’m not sure whether they went this whole season of filming without seeing each other. Though his feelings for her must be genuine if he’s not taken the opportunity to be on television.

• Like 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Granted, she’s just been a moping sad sack or angry scorned woman in every scene we’ve seen of her since then, so she is certainly not acting like she’s moved on.

I don't think she's been moping at all. But isn't she, by definition, an angry (validly) scorned woman? That isn't the opposite of moving on, I don't think; someone can be mad and also move on from something. 

2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

She fucked him when she met him at her friend’s wedding, even though she never wanted to have sex with Sandoval.

I'm not seeing what the issue is here -- should she not have sex with someone new because she didn't want to have sex with someone old (or someone previous, rather)?

2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Though his feelings for her must be genuine if he’s not taken the opportunity to be on television.

I am not saying his feelings are genuine or not -- I dunno -- but maybe being on TV is not a draw for him either way. I wouldn't, even if I had some famous SO. I thought he had some level of "fame" in some shit or another online? Again, I don't know...

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 2