Type keyword(s) to search

S.8 E.18 An Iconic Ending

• Start Topic

(edited)

WE MADE IT!  IT'S THE SEASON FINALE!

Iconic photo reveal.  Surprising separation news (Not Ashley...and not really surprising news. I mean its not like she hasn't broadcast it all season).  Ashley gets questioned about her wrong side of the Sesame Street friends.  Charrisse confronts Candiace.  Candiace and Gizelle still pay each other dust.

aa4.jpg

Edited by dosodog
  • LOL 4

Ashley, you've got a husband who (allegedly) sexually assaulted a member of the production team and a friend who showed up at your place of work and started a physical altercation with your co-worker. While a person can't be held responsible for someone else's behavior, at a certain point you are the company that you keep. And you can drop this "I wasn't thinking of Candiace when I invited Deborah" business because no one's buying it.

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
4 minutes ago, Steph J said:

Ashley, you've got a husband who (allegedly) sexually assaulted a member of the production team and a friend who showed up at your place of work and started a physical altercation with your co-worker. While a person can't be held responsible for someone else's behavior, at a certain point you are the company that you keep. And you can drop this "I wasn't thinking of Candiace when I invited Deborah" business because no one's buying it.

Ashley said that tensions were brewing between Sesame Street and Candiace. That is not true. Candiace refused to interact.

Now Ashley is distancing herself from Deborah since her stunt backfired. I hope Ashley is fired and Deborah will never be on tv again.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Candiace thinks she can run her mouth and go unchecked. Yes, Deborah is thirsty and went heavy on the confrontation for attention and camera time. But this isn't the first time Candiace has said shit and poked people. At some point, poke the wrong person, and you're gonna get poked back. What's funny is that she stayed back and grabbed the champagne bottle like she was going to do something (she wasn't. lol!). 

Ashley's allowed to invite whomever she wants to her event. It's laughable that people want to blame her for other people's actions. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Candiace thinks she can run her mouth and go unchecked. Yes, Deborah is thirsty and went heavy on the confrontation for attention and camera time. But this isn't the first time Candiace has said shit and poked people. At some point, poke the wrong person, and you're gonna get poked back. What's funny is that she stayed back and grabbed the champagne bottle like she was going to do something (she wasn't. lol!). 

Ashley's allowed to invite whomever she wants to her event. It's laughable that people want to blame her for other people's actions. 

I don’t understand this. Candiace did not initiate anything, she was doing her own thing, she did not talk to or interact with Deborah at all. Deborah was verbally aggressive with Candiace and she made a snarky comment and left the situation. This was after Deborah made up lies about Chris which were proved by actual video footage. If I was Candaice the tamest thing I would have done was what she did.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Like 12
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

I just cannot believe that Nneka wore that cheap hooker looking, unflattering dress, it is second only to Mia's white mess of an unflattering outfit and Charisses's dress was waaay too short.  Candiace has the under boob going but I feel like she should just pull down her top because it looks like an unintentional under boob.

Gordon gives a glowing speech about Mia as a phony hail Mary pass but...too little too late.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1

I will never understand this new trope of justifying violence because of words. That is not how self defense works. I find it hard to believe that all the people making excuses for others violent reactions towards Candiace live their life in this manner. How is that socially possible? How many altercations are you involved in per week? Do you only hit people you think will not or cannot defend themselves or do you go toe to toe pound for pound with all your adversaries? I'm genuinely curious. Asking for myself because I have a smart mouth, no fear but can't fight. A bad combination. I need to know if I should take Taekwondo? 

• Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 9

Gordon: I told you that you could seek outside relationships as long as you kept to certain rules and you broke all of them.

Mia: If I had your blessing, than what's the problem?

Girl, what? Follow the conversation.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
9 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I will never understand this new trope of justifying violence because of words. That is not how self defense works. I find it hard to believe that all the people making excuses for others violent reactions towards Candiace live their life in this manner. How is that socially possible? How many altercations are you involved in per week? Do you only hit people you think will not or cannot defend themselves or do you go toe to toe pound for pound with all your adversaries? I'm genuinely curious. Asking for myself because I have a smart mouth, no fear but can't fight. A bad combination. I need to know if I should take Taekwondo? 

This is everything 

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1

Watching for the first time in months to decide if this show will go back into my rotation. Except ... I tuned in about a half hour into the show, so I can only recap the last twenty-five minutes:

- Gee, but I'd forgotten that HD is not RHOP's friend! The caked-on make-up was REALLY caking tonight. That's what I noticed the most as Ashley attempted to defend Sesame Street's actions. I'm gon leave the wigs alone. If I don't, I'll wind up typing a treatise on the various shades of blonde, as well as the versions of Indian remy, Brazilian, and synthetic strands the gals are rockin'.

- The fashions were not fashioning. I'd really thought that these low-hanging-titty dresses would be out of style by now. Most 25 year old's can't carry them off well, IMO. More mature women -- even those with amazing bodies -- don't do much better. Just because you can wear something doesn't mean you should.

[Rant] Why do so few women today know their correct bra size? I'm flabbergasted whenever I see women who make good money walking around in ill-fitting undergarments. A tape measure costs less than two dollars! Watch a Youtube video and get the girls sitting right! [/End Rant]

- Green is Gizelle's color! Honorable mention to Mia who looked great in white. The colors work great with their skin tones. I still, however, side-eye the fashions/silhouettes.

- Mia will hold on to her flute with the storyline about her upcoming divorce. She says she and Gordon may have stayed together had she not admitted that she married him for his money. So what, Gordon! You married a woman nearly young enough to be your granddaughter for what -- her deep intellect, love of life, and philanthropic endeavors? Or was it coz you like how that booty bounce?

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Boofish said:

No one is justifying violence. It's stupid to get physical over liquid being thrown at you. It's stupid to throw liquid instead of exchanging words. But let's not act like Candiace doesn't go hard running her mouth. It's just like Kenya with the specter on RHOA and when Porsha had enough and lunged at her. Deborah was confronting her for the things she said last season, as I imagine this is the first time they've been in the same space. But Deborah could've just let it go, but she wants attention and to be on the show so she blew up this issue further. 

Keiarna, bless her, was trying to deescalate and it was just wrong place wrong time. But let Candiace deal with her own mess. You see how, when it was over and Deborah was being removed from the premises, all was said and done, Candiace was still running her mouth like a chihuahua? All bark and no bite, but we're supposed to pretend Candiace is completely innocent. 

I'm just saying, not everyone is going to let smart mouths fly. Physical violence isn't right, but let's not act like Candiace isn't a provacator. Just like Monique back then. I'm sure, rightfully, Deborah will be banned from RHOP stuff. 

Candiace tried to get feisty on RHUGT, but the girlies from the other franchises weren't having it. Make no mistake, I am not defending Deborah. Who even is she? But I'm just saying, at some point accountability has to fall on Candiace for her actions, too. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 10
10 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

No one is justifying violence. It's stupid to get physical over liquid being thrown at you. It's stupid to throw liquid instead of exchanging words. But let's not act like Candiace doesn't go hard running her mouth. It's just like Kenya with the specter on RHOA and when Porsha had enough and lunged at her. Deborah was confronting her for the things she said last season, as I imagine this is the first time they've been in the same space. But Deborah could've just let it go, but she wants attention and to be on the show so she blew up this issue further. 

Keiarna, bless her, was trying to deescalate and it was just wrong place wrong time. But let Candiace deal with her own mess. You see how, when it was over and Deborah was being removed from the premises, all was said and done, Candiace was still running her mouth like a chihuahua? All bark and no bite, but we're supposed to pretend Candiace is completely innocent. 

I'm just saying, not everyone is going to let smart mouths fly. Physical violence isn't right, but let's not act like Candiace isn't a provacator. Just like Monique back then. I'm sure, rightfully, Deborah will be banned from RHOP stuff. 

Candiace tried to get feisty on RHUGT, but the girlies from the other franchises weren't having it. Make no mistake, I am not defending Deborah. Who even is she? But I'm just saying, at some point accountability has to fall on Candiace for her actions, too. 

I disagree 1000% and that's ok. We don't have to try and convince each other. There are other ways to hold someone with an acid tongue accountable and in my orbit, none of them includes violence.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Candiace thinks she can run her mouth and go unchecked. Yes, Deborah is thirsty and went heavy on the confrontation for attention and camera time. But this isn't the first time Candiace has said shit and poked people. At some point, poke the wrong person, and you're gonna get poked back.

Except Candiace was not poking at Big Bird, Big Bird was poking at her. Deborah, who doesn't know Chris or Candiace, lied on Candiace & Wendy's husbands. Deborah had more smoke for Candiace than she ever did for Chris, who was the alleged offender. Deborah, who made a whole Tik Tok or IG Reel about being a Sesame Street character, wanted to beat Candiace's ass for being called Sesame Street and it's just very thirsty and sad.

4 hours ago, funnygirl said:

No one is blaming Ashley for Deborah's actions.  Ashley is getting blamed for her own actions which consisted of:

Bringing someone to a cast event who had been proven to have been lying on 2 of the cast member's husbands

Talking shit about Candiace with Deborah and their crew at the party 

Asking if the cameras were cut off and immediately The Help goes to fight Candiace

Taking no accountability or responsibility for her own actions that set her own event ablaze (she was all too happy to agree with Gizelle that Candiace ruined the event)

Karen, Wendy, Keiarna and even Nneka put the blame on BIG BIRD not Candiace.  The only people who put the blame on Candiace were Ashley, Big Bird, Charrisse, Kal and Gizelle.

3 hours ago, eXiled said:

Mia will hold on to her flute with the storyline about her upcoming divorce.

Mia and Gizelle are pretty much the only flutes secured for next season.  Mia gave more in this episode than any of the OGs have since season 3 or 4 combined. That plus half the cast handing Ashley her ass about bringing Snuffy around is why Ashley will probably be the first of the OGs cut.

3 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Physical violence isn't right, but let's not act like Candiace isn't a provacator.

All of us are sitting here trying to figure how how Candiace provoked this situation when she has not engaged with Deborah.  That's why she's mad, that's why she threw the drink on Candiace because Candiace won't engage with her and give Deborah a moment.

I supposed you could mean when Kal came over and claimed Candiace and Wendy were talking shit about Deborah, and I'm trying to understand how he knew what and who Candiace and Wendy were talking about, when Wendy said she knew Deborah, Ashley & the Pretty Old Things were talking about them but she couldn't hear exactly what because of the loud music. So I'm trying to figure out how Kal knew exactly what Wendy & Candiace were saying, especially if he wasn't near them.

I will watch the replay because I want to see where everyone is at the fashion show.

3 hours ago, funnygirl said:

but let's not act like Candiace isn't a provacator. Just like Monique back then.

There was nothing Candiace at that barn that justified Monique assaulting her. Saying "Good night I'm sleep I'm bored" doesn't justify a beat down.

Ashley got her ass handed to her about Deborah this episode by:

• Karen
  • Wendy
  • Nneka Mia (Nneka didn't blame Ashley but she did put 100% of the blame on Grover)

and special MVP Crystal, who put Ashley on notice.  Crystal's side eye when Ashley came in to greet everyone was the first clue on how Miss Ashley's night was going to go.  Now Ashley's put her friendship with Deborah "on pause," sliding away from Deborah (we just have play dates) like Homer Simpson melting into the bush. Girl bye.

EDIT: If Candiace AND Wendy were talking shit about Deborah at the party,why didn't Deborah confront Candiace AND WENDY? Wendy was right there ...why no smoke for Zen Wen?

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 7
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 5

Wow. Those last scenes with Gordon and Mia were brutal.  It’s bad enough she doesn’t know who the father of her son is, her kids knowing all about her affair is insane.  Woman has no shame and those kids are going to end up in therapy for a long time.  
On a different note, I bet when Karen woke up this morning she was glad the reunion had already been filmed.

• Like 15
(edited)

If everyone resorted to physical violence because of words that were being said, emergency rooms would be overwhelmed.

At the end of the day you are responsible for your own words, actions and reactions. This is what being an Adult entails.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Ashley completely set Candiace up. She even asked if the cameras were down.  She may not have known what Sesame was going to do but she definitely planned that.  Even though she may not have written a script (or maybe  she did, who knows), Ashley was responsible for that mess. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Oddly, with all the disturbing revelations from Mia, tonight’s ICK award goes to Ashley for next week’s reveal that she rubs Michael’s feet every night.  Ewww, ewww, ewww!

• Like 5
  • LOL 8

I hate to say it but in that wig and red dress, Wendy reminded me of Wesley Snipes in To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything! Julie Newmar.  Not a good look for her. 

Screenshot_20240325-001716_Google.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
19 minutes ago, swankie said:

I hate to say it but in that wig and red dress, Wendy reminded me of Wesley Snipes in To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything! Julie Newmar.  Not a good look for her. 

Screenshot_20240325-001716_Google.jpg

I don’t like Wendy but that was a great movie.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Candiace does run her mouth and say awful things but in this case I absolutely think Ashley set her up using Deborah. It’s not lost on me that Ashley picked a friend that’s a bit odd looking who is thirsty to be on the show. Ashley knows Deborah isn’t a threat except that things backfired and now people see Ashley.

Mia and Gordon’s relationship sounds nasty and both are users. I don’t find her that interesting that she needs to sit next to Andy. The fact that she’s discussing her sons paternity when he is old enough to understand is gross.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Wendy's red dress reminded me of a mermaid costume, seashell bra with the elastic showing...most of these women always look like they are wearing costumes.

Why didn't Ashley and Giz show up in one of those GNA gawd awful gym to evening wear outfits?

Can Candiace do anything legally against the muppet that hit her? 

I really cannot understand why having your boobs hanging so low in a tacky dress is the look you went for, Nneka telling us how rich she is could not afford a mirror?

Charisse looked terrible, that dress was too short.

How does Giz come out as the best look of the evening? That NEVER happens.

What were the photos purpose for Monarch Magazine? 

Who was that guy who kept chiming in on the women's situations?

Why did it seem that Karen show up with security?

Mia and Gordon are a mess and probably always were but now it is being filmed, the fact that Gordon was mentioning it all was amazing because I think Mia would have never been that forthcoming, Gordon knew what he was doing. 

So this is how her kid finds out his father might be the DJ?

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, funnygirl said:

It cracks me up on how people want to be all it's just words, words, words like verbal abuse and bullying ISN'T a thing. 

Look I think that altercation was wack a dack and as much as I can't stand Candiace I have to admit that in that instance she really wasn't engaging at all so that whole pop off was ridiculous on everyone's part.

Violence is not okay but the obtuseness that people gravitate to when la-la-la'ing about "it's just words" really do make my eyes roll. And let's be clear, that was CANDACE grabbing a bottle with intention or nah???? Candace isn't a beacon of peace and I'm tired of the one sided criticism.

It's okay to take the WHOLE situation into account when sharing an opinion like, for example, i can acknowledging that Candace really didn't do all that much for it to escalate into a physical altercation however I do believe this was really about misjudging how much personal space you fixin' to invade tryna DE-escalate something. That's securities job and Ms. K---- ? can't remember her name was a bit too cavalier in her attempt and ended up the one in the brawl. 

In this case I don't believe anything truly falls on Candace but lets not pretend Candace does not also position herself as an aggressor as well. The only difference is that because Candace is such a punk ass keyboard warrior and shit talker her aggressive side pales to those who retaliate.

So just because Candace didn't make contact with anyone using that bottle she grabbed it's all good? Candace never actually gets a chance to deliver her brand of violence cause she just can't not that she doesn't want to. So all this defense of how Candace just uses her words just amazes me because her actual violent side gets completely ignored. And to be clear I think verbal assualt and verbal attacks are not any better than physical violence. Anything aimed to hurt and harm should be frowned upon. Nasty and meanspirited shouldn't be given a pass just because it "never got physical".

A co-worker sending unsolicited nudes isn't physical but is still a violation that is absolutely traumatic and unacceptable so lets stop giving Candace all these breaks just because she never manages to make solid physical contact with her targets. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
3 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

It cracks me up on how people want to be all it's just words, words, words like verbal abuse and bullying ISN'T a thing. 

Look I think that altercation was wack a dack and as much as I can't stand Candiace I have to admit that in that instance she really wasn't engaging at all so that whole pop off was ridiculous on everyone's part.

Violence is not okay but the obtuseness that people gravitate to when la-la-la'ing about "it's just words" really do make my eyes roll. And let's be clear, that was CANDACE grabbing a bottle with intention or nah???? Candace isn't a beacon of peace and I'm tired of the one sided criticism.

My opinion on hitting and violence

Here is the thing with words thrown at you ......go to a lawyer push for Slander for defamation etc etc  ... you dont hit .. hitting is illegal.... Violence will  get you thrown in jail ... you are a whole ass adult if you cant handle words you need to go see someone ...being mouthy doesn't mean you deserve to be hit ... this isnt 4th grade .. you hit me and im suing your ass for the last thing you got ..

• Like 6
  • Applause 7
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

So this is how her kid finds out his father might be the DJ?

Radio personality 😂

• LOL 12
(edited)

Well Candiace will not be back next season so Ashley can bring around Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock and anyone she wants because the cast will not have to endure Candiace's mouth or Twitter or violence.  GEB and crew have won.

Or have they? Because Mia gave  in those last 15 minutes what Robyn was supposed to have given this season.

This is who needs to be out next season:

• Candiace (confirmed)
  • Wendy (needs to be next because ally Candiace is gone)*
  • Ashley (Mia is the same character as Ashley but gives more)
  • Robyn (Mia gave what Robyn was supposed to have given this season)

Candiace's move actually saved Nneka's job.  It might have actually saved Ashley's job.

There should be ZERO excuses from the remaining cast on why they aren't bringing it and no more blaming Candiace and antagonizing her to cover up their lack of a storyline.

I question if Karen will be back because she may not want viewers seeing her as a drunk driver.  Ray may take her down to Florida permanently.

*Wendy needs to decide if she wants to stay for the bullshit because with Candiace out, they are really going to go after her next. Production and cast were ready to lie and claim Wendy and Candiace started the fight and they were too willing to spew hurtful claims about "osu" and witchcraft to get her off this show.

Edit 2: According to the Jasmine Brand, Robyn will also not be back. If true, she can thank Jobless Juan for that.

Gizelle, Robyn and Ashley did all that worrying about Candiace & Wendy and scheming and rallying the cast and production to get rid of them when they should've been paying attention to MIA all along.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Applause 1

Oof, Gordon was spilling all the tea. I hope he and Mia talked to their son beforehand because that would be a horrible way to find out your dad may not be your dad.

I'm glad the ladies called Ashley out.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Here is the thing with words thrown at you ......go to a lawyer push for Slander for defamation etc etc  ... you dont hit .. hitting is illegal.... Violence will  get you thrown in jail ... you are a whole ass adult if you cant handle words you need to go see someone ...being mouthy doesn't mean you deserve to be hit ... this isnt 4th grade .. you hit me and im suing your ass for the last thing you got ..

I always wonder about full-grown adults still living by "Talk Shit, Get Hit." That might work when you're fifteen and have very little to lose, but that life ain't as cute at 40. Any chick that old who would rather lead with a punch versus a nasty comment should be arrested. After the arrest, she should be sued.

Unfortunately too many people have grown up fighting, so losing their dignity, their weave, and their press-on nails won't mean a thing. That means you'll have to go after her career, her home (if she owns one, since these types usually have very little to lose), and anything else she holds dear. Only then will she think twice before throwing hands.

People laugh about black women Karen-ing in situations where they are attacked, but I'm too old now and definitely with the shits. And yep, my mouth is slick. Attack me and I'll have your ass arrested. I'll hire an investigator to hunt down every last asset you have. You'll be wondering if pulling my hair was worth it in the long run.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Although Candiace still has the mouth, she had transformed herself this season. She had an inner peace. When she was sparring, she was expressing her facts, but it wasn't the viciousness she displayed in earlier seasons. First time I ever enjoyed watching her. 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, eXiled said:

I always wonder about full-grown adults still living by "Talk Shit, Get Hit." That might work when you're fifteen and have very little to lose, but that life ain't as cute at 40. Any chick that old who would rather lead with a punch versus a nasty comment should be arrested. After the arrest, she should be sued.

Unfortunately too many people have grown up fighting, so losing their dignity, their weave, and their press-on nails won't mean a thing. That means you'll have to go after her career, her home (if she owns one, since these types usually have very little to lose), and anything else she holds dear. Only then will she think twice before throwing hands.

People laugh about black women Karen-ing in situations where they are attacked, but I'm too old now and definitely with the shits. And yep, my mouth is slick. Attack me and I'll have your ass arrested. I'll hire an investigator to hunt down every last asset you have. You'll be wondering if pulling my hair was worth it in the long run.

And that's that on that *BLOOP*

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Understood but what I'm talking about is the narrative that Candace ONLY uses her words and that she is NOT physically aggressive because SHE IS. Chris has had to physically restrain her how many times??? Again just because she has never managed to make actual contact in these altercations she's had, doesn't mean she's any better than the one's that do. She's TRIED to so, for me that negates this whole narrative that Candace is a different animal than the ones that actually manage to put hands on. 

Candace BARELY avoids contact and on more than one occasion has also resorted to physical behavior. She just CAN'T follow through on the act  cause either she's getting her ass beat cause they beat her to the punch (literally) or someone has restrained her. The only reason we ain't got pound for pound examples of physical violence to hurl at her is because she just isn't capable of actually following through on her aggression, usually because outside factors have gotten in her way. 

It's the defense that Candace is above because she uses her words and her words only and she actually doesn't. She's advanced on people and has gone for weapons in the past so I'm just challenging the idea that Candace is NOT violent in any way shape or form. Let's stop pretending that this woman hasn't gotten gully and been down to throw down on more than one ocassion. 

• Like 8
(edited)
39 minutes ago, eXiled said:

since these types usually have very little to lose),

I actually think this is why Candiace is choosing to leave: she has stuff to lose.  Most of the rest of the cast does not. Her team probably told her "It's time to go."

Charrisse and Karen actually gave us the reason in last night's episode why Candiace is leaving:

Charrisse* told her she had too much to lose by getting into these scrapes.

Karen told Ashley she sent a signal to the show's fans that it's ok to run up on cast members and attack them for clout.

There are cast members who would love nothing more than to disrupt Candiace (and Wendy's)  opportunities because they don't have anything else going on.

Candiace is building something greater for herself than this show and remaining on the show is inviting clout chasers to come on the show to attack her.  So it's time for her to leave. (Wendy may also want to reconsider remaining on this show)

Karen, who is always on the fence, was most definitely NOT on the fence last night because she knew what Deborah and Ashley were up to. That's why she handed Ashley her ass about destroying the trust of the group.

If Ashley is also gone next season, her going down to Sesame Street (plus Mia) is going to be the reason why.

*Has Charrisse and Ashley really interacted with each other one on one? I kinda feel like Charrisse isn't really feeliing Ashley too much and that has nothing to do with the current situation.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 13
  • Love 3
(edited)
43 minutes ago, eXiled said:

Thing is, it may sound completely out of the ordinary because lets be honest it is. It really doesn't matter if I still live by the "Talk Shit, Get Hit" mantra cause most people ain't coming across with this trifling ass behavior at this scale on the regular. We aren't encountering these grossly inappropriate and outrageous violations of personal space in the average day.  So for those swearing up and done that there are a lot of us making bail on the regular, sorry to bust that bubble. LOL But I will say that it is pretty humorous how often this sentiment creeps up.  

Some of us express our boundaries and what would be an absolute not in any of these situations. Some of us are also much more honest about it and not trying to present some moral high ground for no reason. 

Most people will not accept someone in their personal space that its advancing or constantly crossing physical lines during a confrontation. There will be some form of boundary restricting body language which could be in the form of a raised hand in front that can make contact. That's all it takes for a confrontation to turn physical. After that then we're off to the races.

Most of these altercations don't just start with an uppercut to the jaw so simplifying it to some random barbaric act on one persons part is just very naive and purposefully obtuse. It's usually a build up of inappropriate behavior all around that includes unacceptable body language and invading personal space with the potential of harm for both parties. My position is that once you involve yourself in a combative confrontation and exhibit aggression and intention to become physical then you are not more innocent than which ever party makes first contact. 

Point. Blank. Period.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 2
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Understood but what I'm talking about is the narrative that Candace ONLY uses her words and that she is NOT physically aggressive because SHE IS. Chris has had to physically restrain her how many times??? Again just because she has never managed to make actual contact in these altercations she's had, doesn't mean she's any better than the one's that do. She's TRIED to so, for me that negates this whole narrative that Candace is a different animal than the ones that actually manage to put hands on. 

Candace BARELY avoids contact and on more than one occasion has also resorted to physical behavior. She just CAN'T follow through on the act  cause either she's getting her ass beat cause they beat her to the punch (literally) or someone has restrained her. The only reason we ain't got pound for pound examples of physical violence to hurl at her is because she just isn't capable of actually following through on her aggression, usually because outside factors have gotten in her way. 

It's the defense that Candace is above because she uses her words and her words only and she actually doesn't. She's advanced on people and has gone for weapons in the past so I'm just challenging the idea that Candace is NOT violent in any way shape or form. Let's stop pretending that this woman hasn't gotten gully and been down to throw down on more than one ocassion. 

For me, it's not about defending Candiace. It's disagreeing with people who openly state SHE DESERVES TO GET HER ASS BEAT BECAUSE SHE TALKS TOO MUCH. 

Robyn is very guilty of advancing on people and making threats as well. Honestly everyone except Gizelle and Wendy get in people's personal space with threats and nonsense. Candiace picking up a bottle in anticipation of defending herself was her response to someone else's violent behavior.

My sole issue is people who think Candiace should be popped in the mouth for the things she says. Because let's line up Gizelle and Ashley for one of those beatdowns if that is the only criteria.

My hobbies include walking away and pressing charges. 

Edited by Boofish
  • Like 3
  • Applause 9
2 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Thing is, it may sound completely out of the ordinary because lets be honest it is. It really doesn't matter if I still live by the "Talk Shit, Get Hit" mantra cause most people ain't coming across with this trifling ass behavior at this scale on the regular. We aren't encountering these grossly inappropriate and outrageous violations of personal space in the average day.  So for those swearing up and done that there are a lot of us making bail on the regular, sorry to bust that bubble. LOL But I will say that it is pretty humorous how often this sentiment creeps up.  

Some of us express our boundaries and what would be an absolute not in any of these situations. Some of us are also much more honest about it and not trying to present some moral high ground for no reason. 

Most people will not accept someone in their personal space that its advancing or constantly crossing physical lines while having a confrontation. There will be some form of boundary restricting body language which could be in the form of a raised hand in front that can make contact. That's all it takes for a confrontation to turn physical. After that then we're off to the races.

Most of these altercations don't just start with an uppercut to the jaw so simplifying it to some random barbaric act on one persons part is just very naive and purposefully obtuse. It's usually a build up of inappropriate behavior all around that includes unacceptable body language and invading personal space with the potential of harm for both parties. My position is that once you involve yourself in a combative confrontation and exhibit aggression and intention to become physical then you are not more innocent than which ever party makes first contact. 

Point. Blank. Period.

Or they could simply walk away. If they dislike a person so much that them standing nearby during a confrontation might cause a violent outburst, walking away would definitely be for the best. The attacker could lose a lot more than she bargained for if she pops the wrong one.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Boofish said:

If we were allowed to have signatures, this would be mine. Loves it!

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)

I'm glad Candiace is gone because she's childish and mean. She makes personal attacks based on people's appearance, especially women, and she has a nasty temper. I'm sick of reading about her deadbeat husband.

Same perspective on Robyn. Good riddance.

Let's see how they do without Bravo paychecks and perks.

And Karen is a drunk who needs to knock off the DUIs. That's shitty behavior and she's slid into the gutter.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3

To Deborah, In the words of Jackie Christie:

giphy.gif

As many have stated, Candiace wasn't saying shit to or about Deborah. She was minding her business when Deborah sought her out to start something. I'm still trying to understand why Deborah would even come back to be filmed on this show. It says a lot about her and her level desperation that she would willingly come back after the PRODUCERS, not the ladies, straight up clowned her ass last season by showing she was lying about everything. And they didn't even wait until the reunion to do it!

And I'm sorry, I'm still over here laughing at Candiace's "Bye Grover!"

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

That was good to see Karen and Wendy hold Ashley somewhat accountable. I hate that Ashley's friend put violence on the show. Keirna still looks pretty after that mess. Candiace's sister is gorgeous. That was nice to see her standing up for Candiace. I almost want Ashley off the show after this. Charrisse seems to want Candiace to feel down and out like her. Charrisse knows that was Ashley and her friend's fault. Gizelle's friend Cal seemed like he was trying to gain brownie points with Ashley. I liked Mia in this episode,especially with her speaking the truth to the group about the attack (fight). 

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

To Deborah, In the words of Jackie Christie:

giphy.gif

As many have stated, Candiace wasn't saying shit to or about Deborah. She was minding her business when Deborah sought her out to start something. I'm still trying to understand why Deborah would even come back to be filmed on this show. It says a lot about her and her level desperation that she would willingly come back after the PRODUCERS, not the ladies, straight up clowned her ass last season by showing she was lying about everything. And they didn't even wait until the reunion to do it!

And I'm sorry, I'm still over here laughing at Candiace's "Bye Grover!"

I loved them inserting horror movie music every time Deborah appeared this season 😆

• LOL 3

Candice is a POS. There was no reason to call Debra Cookie Monster, It, and This Thing. And don't say I don't speak to you when you are talking about her. Candice is disgusting.

And Karen why did you have to tell Robyn you didn't like her picture? That was very ill mannered.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Boofish said:

For me, it's not about defending Candiace. It's disagreeing with people who openly state SHE DESERVES TO GET HER ASS BEAT BECAUSE SHE TALKS TOO MUCH. 

Robyn is very guilty of advancing on people and making threats as well. Honestly everyone except Gizelle and Wendy get in people's personal space with threats and nonsense. Candiace picking up a bottle in anticipation of defending herself was her response to someone else's violent behavior.

My sole issue is people who think Candiace should be popped in the mouth for the things she says. Because let's line up Gizelle and Ashley for one of those beatdowns if that is the only criteria.

Well my dislike for Candace is that she also has a very violent nature in these instances that gets overlooked. I can understand and accept the words vs. physical argument. It's when it's used as a cut and dry argument in SOME not ALL of Candace's altercations.

I think it's fair NOT to condone the very meanspirited, hurtfulness and downright threatening and aggressive behaviors Candace's has displayed while still pointing out physical violence is not okay. It's the glossing over Candace's very harmful ways that's always stuck in my craw. It is absolutely possible to condemn Candace at the same time as any other party who has behaved badly and the constant acceptance of Candace's nasty hatefulness in the name of "keep your hands to yourself" movement just seems absolutely bizarre to me. 

Yup, don't put your hands on anyone, but I need the next verse to be and it's also unacceptable to inflict emotional abuse upon others as well. It's the diminishment of importance to one unacceptable act in order to condemn the other is what's always got me baffled. It falls hollow to me. Let's condemn ALL the bad behavior or none at all.  

I don't think popping Candace in the mouth for the slick shit she says is an acceptable response but in the same token I'm really not going to be broken up about it when it happens. Grown folk can make grown decisions and the aggressor who choose to get physical will deal with their consequences the same way Candace will deal with the consequences of her decisions. Seems fair to me. I mean it is what it is and playing with fire is a saying for a reason. 

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, eXiled said:

Or they could simply walk away. If they dislike a person so much that them standing nearby during a confrontation might cause a violent outburst, walking away would definitely be for the best. The attacker could lose a lot more than she bargained for if she pops the wrong one.

And some people are willing to take that chance.

May seem stupid to some but I sure as hell know not to test the waters when  there are so many possible outcomes. 

It's pretty silly to lean into the text book result being the only result possible when participating in bad behavior. Yeah, sure the right and wrong of it remain the same but the motivating factors carry that much more weight that disrupt the ratio of the RIGHT result being what actually transpires.  

I love how "pressing charges" is such a battle cry. Okay sure. Press charges from that recovery room while scheduling that follow up appointment and therapy sessions for the trauma. 

Go right ahead, I guess. LOL

The same way the Right and Wrong position thinks it's absolutely foolish to physically retaliate and risk jail and bad publicity 

The opposite sees the foolishness in risking personal harm and bodily injury for the sake of being meanspirited and hateful using "just" your words. 

Two sides of the same coin.

Ugly behavior is ugly behavior and no one wins.  

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Yup, don't put your hands on anyone, but I need the next verse to be and it's also unacceptable to inflict emotional abuse upon others as well. It's the diminishment of importance to one unacceptable act in order to condemn the other is what's always got me baffled. It falls hollow to me. Let's condemn ALL the bad behavior or none at all.  

I don't think popping Candace in the mouth for the slick shit she says is an acceptable response but in the same token I'm really not going to be broken up about it when it happens. Grown folk can make grown decisions and the aggressor who choose to get physical will deal with their consequences the same way Candace will deal with the consequences of her decisions. Seems fair to me. I mean it is what it is and playing with fire is a saying for a reason. 

Let me say my stance is on this particular altercation because this is what happened on the show. I'm not sure how C behavior can be factored in on this night. Not only was she ignoring Deborah but she also refused to engage with her at all. She was approached. Asked her to get away from her. Deborah continued trying to antagonize so instead of using her hands as a weapon C used her words. Now in this instance that is 100% on Deborah. It's not like Candiace walked up to Deborah and started calling her names. That didn't happen. Candiace has never engaged this woman. She always walked away and paid her dust. She called her a Sesame Street character in her confessionals. They all talk shit in their confessionals. 

Deborah and Ashley were embarrassed, humiliated, degraded, demeaned and exposed. So they plotted to try again. And again they were embarrassed, humiliated, degraded, demeaned and exposed. In this instance, in my eyes, Candiace absolutely didn't do a damn thing wrong. If you get in my face and I ask you to move and you continue (especially someone who did what Deborah and Ashley TRIED to do) you best believe you are about to the subject of my stand up comedy audition. And you should consider yourself lucky if I don't include ya momma. And if you put ya hands on me, be prepared to bend over and cough.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I love how "pressing charges" is such a battle cry. Okay sure. Press charges from that recovery room while scheduling that follow up appointment and therapy sessions for the trauma. 

Go right ahead, I guess. LOL

This doesn't equate to just standing there while someone beats me. I just don't find this funny nor a flex so I will bow out of this conversation/replies gracefully.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

My hope is with Candiace gone, a lot of the people who started watching this show in Season 5 will leave with her. The people who think "talk shit get hit", the people who tuned in every week and every season hoping Candiace would get her ass beat, they can all leave too.  Candiace is gone, Monique is gone, neither are coming back and neither should any of the people who started watching this show in Season 5.

Mia mentioned last night Gordon took away her phone like she was a child (which is the same controlling behavior Michael did on Ashley [season 4]). It's abusive and while I don't like how she did it, Mia shouldn't have to put up with controlling and abusive behaviors.

I don't think Gordon is a bad guy. I think he's old, impotent and scared of being alone at the end of his life and instead of just sitting down in the rocking chair and enjoying his sunset years with his first wife and kids, he decided to recapture his youth by flashing money to get a young chick without the tools or equipment needed to keep a young chick. 

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

The altercation itself happened between Deborah and K person so the fact that the conversation still swayed over into the famous:

"to beat or not beat (Candace), that is the question......" 

shouldn't have even began but alas......

Anyhoo, I wonder if there will be any more light shed on what has happened in their regard, (Sesame Street and K person), you know like who pressed what charges from what hospital bed and what appointments will be made for all injured parties moving forward. It's going to be interesting who will be the one that had the upper ground in that situation. Not that it matters since it's a whole hot mess all the way around.

I guess we will just wait and see.  

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

I don't think Gordon is a bad guy. I think he's old, impotent and scared of being alone at the end of his life and instead of just sitting down in the rocking chair and enjoying his sunset years with his first wife and kids, he decided to recapture his youth by flashing money to get a young chick without the tools or equipment needed to keep a young chick. 

This was hard to watch but it reminded me of the early days of this franchise when things were silly and real. I wonder if someone is keeping track of how many marriages we have watch implode on Bravo. I don't even watch all the franchises nor every season and I can name at least 20. 

• Like 8