Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

On 12/30/2023 at 2:50 PM, TexasTiffany said:

Meri may have changed her last name to Davenport.  I googled her maiden name and it said it's Meri Caroline Davenport

Meri's parents were Bonnie Ahlstrom and Bill Barber.  I think Davenport was a family name but not her maiden name. I can see her wanting to get rid of all things Brown but she has a business with the name Meri Brown. Who would recognize Meri Barber or Meri Davenport? I guess she could keep Meri Brown  for her business. but when you use 2 different names it get tricky. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Meri's parents were Bonnie Ahlstrom and Bill Barber.  I think Davenport was a family name but not her maiden name. I can see her wanting to get rid of all things Brown but she has a business with the name Meri Brown. Who would recognize Meri Barber or Meri Davenport? I guess she could keep Meri Brown  for her business. but when you use 2 different names it get tricky. 

This is what came up when I googled her maiden name, maybe it's wrong?Screenshot_20240101_203438.thumb.jpg.a7d4562097c5ec3f9128464bace1efd4.jpg

• Mind Blown 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

I say good for Meri if she indeed changed her name.  Crybrows changed her name to Brown before snagging Kootie into their legal marriage, and he gushingly said that "it shocked and awed me."  Barf!  🤮

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6

I wouldn’t place too much  stock in that internet mention.  It refers to Meri as they, which is not the correct pronoun for Meri AFAIK. So the entire mention is questionable. 

My guess is that if Meri has changed her name, an entry would have  needed to be posted in a local paper as part of the name change court filing- and there would be online court records. No one has mentioned finding either. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4

I think the "they" in that post was referring to they as in Kody and Meri, they were married from 1990 to 2014. Not a pronoun for her specifically.

At any rate, there surely would be some court documents to verify a name change and so far none have been found. No valid proof as of yet of any name change as far as I can see.

Davenport is an old family name so it could be something of sentimental value to her. There was something posted on Reddit from Lizzie's Inn that listed some of the historical names in the family and Davenport was one. I think it was in the Valentine's Day Flyer she posted/sent out...

• Like 5
  • Useful 5
3 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

At any rate, there surely would be some court documents to verify a name change and so far none have

From Google:

"Except for a handful of circumstances (such as drivers license, Social Security account, passport) a person can use any name they wish without any legal name change procedure."

• Useful 10
  • LOL 1

All of this Davenport stuff stems from the picture of an ornament from (presumably) Jenn so who knows what it really means.  It was something hand made, as I recall so it might hve been something from a passing conversation or just Jenn's imagination.  We may be reading too much into it.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

All of this Davenport stuff stems from the picture of an ornament from (presumably) Jenn so who knows what it really means.  It was something hand made, as I recall so it might hve been something from a passing conversation or just Jenn's imagination.  We may be reading too much into it.

I agree. The ornament was a joke from Jenn. If Meri were to drop Brown, which I don’t think she would do, I don’t think she’d take a name from far back that she never had. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
9 hours ago, ladyscorpio said:

This is what came up when I googled her maiden name, maybe it's wrong?Screenshot_20240101_203438.thumb.jpg.a7d4562097c5ec3f9128464bace1efd4.jpg

That reads to me as though she had a second middle name. Her maiden name would have been Meri Caroline Davenport Barber.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5

Did anyone watch the Hulu show the hot wives of Las Vegas?  A spoof of real housewives shows.   Anyhoo there is a character that is getting married and demands the people stand for him to walk down the aisle ( after the bride had ).  And kept making sure his face was in frame       It just hit me this morning.    That’s kootie !!

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, Orcinus orca said:

All I can add is that I saw a copy of a flyer from Lizzie's, around Valentine's Day I think, on Reddit, showing several past family members' names, there was a Davenport among those names. So I don't think it is something Jenn dreamed up. All the rest about the name change is just speculation as far as I can tell. I can't/don't even know or care to know how to search Reddit to find that post. Maybe some one more knowledgeable about Reddit can find it.

Personally, if I were Meri, I'd think that would be a good name change from Brown any day! But for now, it is just another one of those stories floating around that probably are fiction anyway.

• Like 8
On 12/27/2023 at 11:34 AM, Orcinus orca said:

I have felt that way for a while.  If he were truly "in luvvvv" with her, he would be glad the others left and he can devote himself to the Dark Queen exclusively.  No more worrying about the pesky other wives and kids, he can shine his brilliant light on his One and Only.  I think all of this devotion crap is for the show.  

His beaming smile as they dance at their wedding is the same one that he had on his face while dancing with Meri at hers.  Sobbyn is just the latest model and once she is saddled with his 'roid raging manchild for a while, I can see her bailing out as well.  Without a steady flow of cash from the show, he's going to lose it big time and she'll be the only one in the line of fire.

I think there's a lot of truth here but he can't be happy they left because they were his income, with which he keeps Robyn happy. Once they are gone, he can't be carefree because now he's got financial troubles. He may not be in actual poverty, yet, but his income has been significantly cut and if we know Robyn, that won't fly. As for worrying about the pesky other wives and kids, he stopped doing that long ago. Doesn't even pretend.

• Like 19
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

ET put out a teaser for the Christine and David's Wedding Special:

It's longer than the teaser we saw after the recent episode. Kody's not too bad here. I get why Robyn was trying to shut him up. Who knows how he'll spout off.

That said, I thought Robyn's final good wish was oddly worded. "I hope Christine and David can be happy. That's all I'm gonna say."

"Can be happy"? Really, Robyn. If (GOD FORBID) I was married to Kody Brown, and he was smoother off the cuff than I was, I'd have myself evaluated for cognitive decline. Just sayin'...

• Like 8
  • LOL 7
25 minutes ago, surfgirl said:

They look like such petty, small, moronic idiots in that clip.

That's because they ARE petty, small, moronic idiots. He blames Christine for everything so maybe Robyn doesn't expect that Christine can be happy anywhere. Which shows she's not watching the show.

• Like 10
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1

This clip shows how unhappy Robyn is with Kody. How much anger she  feels he still has after all this time.  How tired she is of dealing with that anger.  Meanwhile he thinks  his anger is something to joke about. 

I really wish the powers that be would stop focusing on these two in TH.    

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 1/1/2024 at 4:44 PM, Gramto6 said:

A subliminal stab at Crybrows? Meri loves dogs, she doesn't kick them!!

Please explain. I guess I missed that tidbit. Never mind I googled it. 

Edited by js9548
  • Like 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Her face in the above thumbnail is just priceless. As for Kody, he has the expression of a child.

A very deranged child!! And Robyn looks so aged.

Edited by ladyscorpio
  • Like 4
  • LOL 6
On 1/1/2024 at 7:53 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I say good for Meri if she indeed changed her name.  Crybrows changed her name to Brown before snagging Kootie into their legal marriage, and he gushingly said that "it shocked and awed me."  Barf!  🤮

I watched that episode over the weekend where she presented it at Christmas.  Mr. Natalie commented that should have been done in private.  Robyn is awful.

• Like 8
  • Love 4

Sister, you need to go a whole MILE farther for me to think you have anything to add.

Otherwise, just go ahead whatever your new name  is, get on with your MLM business and go fly butterfly.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
On 11/26/2023 at 7:51 AM, Orcinus orca said:

I have had doubts since he suddenly decided to have a presence on Instagram and started showing up all over SM.  Now it looks like he's jumping on the TLC gravy train which lowers my rating by a lot.  Is it to please Christine?  Maybe.  Is it to join the famewhore club?  Maybe.

It seems to me that seeing the damage that has been done to all of the kids in that family, growing up in on this scammy show, that he'd follow Logan's lead and refuse to be part of the circus.  But apparently not.  

Jumping the shark big time.  Just go away.

I find him very sincere and I am all in for more “truth” shows.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
On 1/2/2024 at 7:29 AM, Sandy W said:

That reads to me as though she had a second middle name. Her maiden name would have been Meri Caroline Davenport Barber.

AKA; Meri Brown

• Like 3
On 12/4/2023 at 1:04 PM, ladyscorpio said:

I thought that part was weird too. I can't picture Christine talking to her kids like that. 

I can’t picture that either.  IMO, Gwen’s revelation made no sense and she never said anything about the kitchen problems.  I can SO see Meri being abrasive and abusive.  Her normal tone is abrasive on it’s own.

• Like 5

I just came across this article, I knew that Sobbyn was behind the whole ring melting thing, she's such a liar saying he never had a wedding ring when she first met him. I knew it was her idea for him to stop wearing it. Meri said that when he started dating Sobbyn,  he told Meri that he didn't want to wear it anymore. I could totally see Sobbyn complaining to him that she feels left out and not as important because he's wearing a ring Meri gave him. She's such an evil snake. I can't stand her!! https://www.distractify.com/p/kody-brown-new-ring-sister-wives

• Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 2
On 12/30/2023 at 9:27 AM, Meow Mix said:

Yeah, I watched this scene and Robyn's response is one of complete panic because he is about to say something really stupid and damaging.  And what made it worse is that he was responding to a guy who is one of his few fans.  
Kody needs some sort of psychiatric help.

I think he needs a straight jacket and a gag ball.

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
24 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yaay!  Just saw the new thread for it.  That’s a nice birthday gift for me. 

Happy Birthday!!  🎂

• Like 3
  • Love 2
On 1/5/2024 at 9:56 PM, ladyscorpio said:

I just came across this article, I knew that Sobbyn was behind the whole ring melting thing, she's such a liar saying he never had a wedding ring when she first met him. I knew it was her idea for him to stop wearing it. Meri said that when he started dating Sobbyn,  he told Meri that he didn't want to wear it anymore. I could totally see Sobbyn complaining to him that she feels left out and not as important because he's wearing a ring Meri gave him. She's such an evil snake. I can't stand her!! https://www.distractify.com/p/kody-brown-new-ring-sister-wives

Gee Sobbyn lied again and got found out.  What a shock. 😀

So now we have the lie about the personality test that was actually filmed and now the lie about the ring.  I really hope Meri is finally giving up magical thinking regarding Kody and has really moved on.  There was never anything she could do that would make him love her.  I did love in one of the tell all episodes that she said that his being upset was not her problem anymore.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Gee Sobbyn lied again and got found out.  What a shock. 😀

I did love in one of the tell all episodes that she said that his being upset was not her problem anymore.

Dawn comes about every 24 hours. In Meri's case, it took 24 years.

Better late than never.

• Like 1
  • LOL 16

The story about Robyn's ex was that he was abusive, I wonder if she ever got treatment independently for that. If she didn't, it explains how she married a polyabuser like Kody. If she did, Robyn certainly got very little benefit from it. I think Robyn was okay so long as she could deflect and  redirect all of Kody's abuse towards Meri, Janelle, and Christine. I think she knows that Kody's deep reservoir of anger/abuse now can only land on her, and her alone. I don't feel sorry for her, if she was able to identify her ex as abusive, she certainly should have been able to see Kody Brown's abusive nature from miles away. I had to laugh when Kody said he "vetted" Robyn to be sure she wasn't "leaving a good man." Guess that made him feel very secure Robyn would be just fine with bad, bad Kody Brown! Out of the fire, into the frying pan.  

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Julyolo said:

I had to laugh when Kody said he "vetted" Robyn to be sure she wasn't "leaving a good man."

There are soooooooo many offensive AF things this moron has said over the years, but this really annoyed me. Who is he to decide who is good or not good, especially given he has all but abandoned what, 13 OG kids?! Thirteen children that he has either no current relationship with or a tenuous relationship at best (Mykelti, Ysabel, Truly). This thing, this supposed 'man' who has said of his own children that they can all 'fuck off' on television? If ever there was a garbage human and worst man ever, it is surely KoDouche Brown.

• Like 7
  • Applause 10
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

Not sure that is any more than a story. Apparently he couldn't have been too bad since she willingly sent her children to visit him.  I take anything that comes out of her mouth with a grain of salt.

Abuse to Robyn may have consisted of David Preston ranting..."buying jeans and pj's at Victoria's Secret??? WTF are you doing, we could not even afford a crib for the babies".

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, General Days said:

Who's going to perform a ritual sacrifice to keep the site working during the episode?

I volunteer Kodylocks' curls for this!

• LOL 15

I don’t know if it makes the episode, so I’m putting it here. For their wedding rehearsal they wore crocs. Truely decorated David’s.

EFB01085-3ED9-4587-9A6B-9079C81A3935.jpeg

759C7C00-B0ED-4024-B4D2-C21621372E8F.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

David's Crocs seem to have Groot and ET. I can't make out any of the other characters (other than the Mickey pumpkin). 

Christine's have Ursula, Maleficent, a diamond, and Disney 2023 thingie. 

Cute.

• Like 6
18 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think he needs a straight jacket and a gag ball.

And a dominatrix.

I hope Christine and her new husband get their own show on TLC. And I hope I never see Koody and Sobbyn again

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1