Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

Just now, OoogleEyes said:

The journey of my weight loss, not my weight loss journey. How refreshing

Must be a new writer's room!  Exciting!

• LOL 4
48 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

What's in a "volcano safety kit?"

A tarp kinda thing to cover the computer and monitor because ash gets everywhere and is bad for electronics and a mask, like we wore during covid. 

Before I left Washington, I went on a tour of Mt St Helens. It was fascinating to see life coming back to the mountain. I still have my little bottle of volcanic ash. 

• Like 4
(edited)

He's inspirational isn't he?

Well I will be here next week, can't miss this chat, too entertaining. 

I might even try Love during Lock up again, maybe not throw things at the tv this time. 

Night everyone!

Edited by Chicklet
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Well, good night, everyone.  I can't believe this is it... weren't we promised a WATN season too???   

If I don't see you for a while - have a fabulous Spring, and Summer, and Fall!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

lol 😂 I read it as fried chicken but that sounds delicious. I know fried chicken is fried but I don’t like overly greasy fried chicken….i recognize this makes zero sense

No, Chicken Fried Steak (white gravy) and Country Fried Steak (brown gravy) are both round steak, tenderized, and fried with the breading like fried chicken has on it.     Meat and three places are very popular here, a meat entree with three sides.  

Month 10-Everett, and the sister shows up.    He's now struggling again.   And he's drinking juice with dinner.    Now, he talks about getting surgery in Seattle.  So, Charles thinks he'll claim to move to Houston, get surgery, and then sneak back to Everett.   

No surprise, he's not going to Houston for surgery, and he's doing a video call with Dr. Now.  He wants Dr. Now to refer him to a Seattle surgeon.   

Tomorrow night is the 2 hour Supersized of Charles.   I think I'm skipping that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All right friends, I'm heading back to Britbox and finding a nice police procedural. Have a fantastic week, hope to see some of you for Love After Lockup on Friday! Love you all! 

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

So we just wasted two hours for nothing? 

We spent two fun hours chatting with some good pals. Have a great week all! 

Can't wait to see some of you for Love DURING Lockup, Friday 9PM est.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

So we just wasted two hours for nothing? 

Time spent in this forum is never wasted!

Y’all are some of the best imaginary people in my life!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Good night, all, I laughed and laughed. I did not like Charles at all and I don't think he will ever get WLS. But I love all y'all and I will see you here in the forums (forii?)! Hugs!

• Like 5
  • Hugs 1
  • Thanks 1

Great season ending episode. Show should be called “What’s the Point?”

No tumor watching for me, so I’ll say adieu to all you hilarious snarkers. I hope to be back next week, so until then, have a great rest of the week and go to the park  so you can grill your meals. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

He is really short!

Anyone watching Take My Tumor?

I wasn't going to but I seem to be...this guy had great 70s hair when he was younger.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

He is really short!

Anyone watching Take My Tumor?

This is actually the sort of thing that would fascinated me normally, but I watched the first show of this series, and it was excruciatingly slow. I didn't even make it to the operation, it was so dull and full of unnecessary details.

• Like 1
(edited)

Charles wasted every effort.   I suspect he's probably right back where he was when the show started.    

I've been thinking about it, and next weeks WATN One Ton Family may be called "Supersized", but I remember a follow up episode about them about a year after their short season started.   or maybe it was the last episode of the series.   It may be a rerun with a few changes. One the chance it's really new I'll probably start it, but I'll have to see if I remember it. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

All right friends, I'm heading back to Britbox and finding a nice police procedural. 

Have you watched "Ripley" on Netflix? Filmed in Italy in black and white. Very slow moving story but highly intriguing. 

I  didn't get to watch the whole episode last night, only the end, so that's why I'm posting late. 

Since this may have been the season finale, can anyone refresh my memory as to the success rate of the Poundticipants? How many actually got WLS? I seem to recall the season started out on a promising note with likeable people, then it was all downhill from there. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Have you watched "Ripley" on Netflix? Filmed in Italy in black and white. Very slow moving story but highly intriguing. 

I  didn't get to watch the whole episode last night, only the end, so that's why I'm posting late. 

Since this may have been the season finale, can anyone refresh my memory as to the success rate of the Poundticipants? How many actually got WLS? I seem to recall the season started out on a promising note with likeable people, then it was all downhill from there. 

Krystal S. success, Rose great success, Abi success, Delana success.  However, William, Shakyia, and Charles all failed.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Krystal S. success, Rose great success, Abi success, Delana success.  However, William, Shakyia, and Charles all failed.  

After all the YEARS of me watching this show where I was rooting for the pounder to succeed, I would like to make an EXCEPTION in commenting on the Charles episode. 

With the EXTREME disabilities with which he suffers (physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual) and the comfort/enjoyment he gets from eating (he and his bro eating in the Bar-B-Q restaurant for example) I say let the guy eat whatever he wishes.

Of course, his body will wear out, probably in the near future but he will leave this world in a state of carbohydrate/fat/sugar nirvana.

• Like 3
Just now, ams1001 said:

I'm here... I'm heating up mac & cheese with broccoli for my eating habit. I went for a walk when I got home from work.

I had salad, of course. With chicken and avocado. But I baked a HUGE mango bread for my mother this week, and I commandeered a piece for myself, which I am now shoving down my gullet in bed. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Here! Just had three chocolate covered almonds I got from Amazon because the nursing home food is dismal, though their website boasts “fine dining.”

It feels like we started in the middle …

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

I'm here. Not sure what this is. 

Who is the One Ton Family? Do they have a show? Looks like a crossover

I think it was a special episode or several. I remember Roshonda, who bellowed like a wounded buffalo on the regular. She's a treat. 

• LOL 2
Just now, judylo said:

The scripts for the voiceovers rely heavily on the word “because.”

They desperately need to hire some new writers. "Journey" "emotional eater" "cravings" "excited to see what the future holds" "stay on track"......

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

A little late to the party here. Dad life had me running around like crazy! Missed y'all last week with a vacation in Florida. Thank God for spring break! My middle school students were on my last nerve!! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hey gang. I've been watching away from the computer while I pack. These are the most depressed, unhappy-looking people who've had WLS that I've ever seen. I hope they show some additional patients. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
Just now, mk828 said:

A little late to the party here. Dad life had me running around like crazy! Missed y'all last week with a vacation in Florida. Thank God for spring break! My middle school students were on my last nerve!! 

Here, grab this comfy armchair by the fire. Dessert? We're featuring ginger molasses cake with creme fraiche, lemon lavender cake with whipped cream and fresh berries, and Affogato. With or without a Sambuca on the side. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Are they already on WATN episodes?? I feel as if the season just started. I saw rumors online it was the last season. Dr. Now might be retiring?!?! He can't retire! What would we do without our snark dates? 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, mk828 said:

Are they already on WATN episodes?? I feel as if the season just started. I saw rumors online it was the last season. Dr. Now might be retiring?!?! He can't retire! What would we do without our snark dates? 

Only 6 episodes this season. 

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, mk828 said:

You'll have to join the merry band of snarlers on the Love After Lockup forum on Fridays! Some quality snark there. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

With or without a Sambuca on the side. 

My brother got me a big bottle of black Sambuca for Christmas. I haven't even opened it yet...

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

You'll have to join the merry band of snarlers on the Love After Lockup forum on Fridays! Some quality snark there. 

I'm not sure i can handle Love After Lockup

• LOL 2