Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

No healthy options on the plane, so he had a cheeseburger. Of course.

Ooh, I almost forgot. Y'all will appreciate this. I pass a place most days (when I leave the house, at least) called something like Good Vibes Nutrition...well, I see the sign, I can't tell where the restaurant actually is...(possibly in the same building as the kickboxing place that took over a building that used to be an Italian restaurant). I finally looked it up a couple weeks ago and they sell expensive salads and $15 smoothies and I will almost certainly never go there. 

The sign shares a pole and is just below the sign for the Domino's pizza next door. 🍕🥗

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

My first childhood pet was a rabbit so I can’t eat them

My son and I have had rabbits off and on for years. One lived to be 11. The ashes of the most recent on are still on his mantle.  No way am I eating a rabbit.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, aliya said:

I lived in Seattle for 5 years. Absolutely loved it (this was before everything went to hell in a handbasket there). I loved seeing the mountains just riding the city bus or on campus. I loved the trees and the overcast sky. This guy has a wonderful environment all around him and he can't even take advantage of it.

image.png.478349296eb50ecc2b83957ee8d6e60b.png

Drumheller Fountain on UWashington campus, with Mt Rainier in distance.  I used to have dreams about the mountain becoming a volcano. Too many movies, I guess. And the fact that we were each supplied with a volcano safety kit at our desks in the doctoral office.

I’d move out there if I could afford it. 

Dr Now won’t be impressed by smoking and protein shakes. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, babyhouseman said:

He said that was on the plane. No healthy options.

Yeah right.  As truthful as ever, probably.  Not to mention he could have packed healthy food from home or bought something in the airport.  

I get motion sickness pretty bad if I am travelling on an empty stomach (doesn't matter, car, bus, train, plane, boat) so if I am going on a flight longer than 1-2 hours, I will eat a good meal at the airport.  There are always options, even during peak COVID there were, not great, but not nothing.  

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

You could smoke in the grocery store! And no one blinked.

We used to smoke in the office.

I'm so old (how old are you?) That we used to use carbon paper. A secretary was emptying her ashtray and set the carbon paper in her trash can on fire.That was an exciting day.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
Just now, katycat74 said:

What an idiot. Surprise visitblol

Can you imagine just showing up at your doctor's for a surprise visit or blood draw? Wow. Who does that?

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

The sign shares a pole and is just below the sign for the Domino's pizza next door. 🍕🥗

There was a place in a small town in New Jersey that was - I am still not sure if it was one place or two but the signage was exactly teh same style and they shared a door IIRC - Kosher Chinese Jerusalem Pizza (something like that, definitely those four words but I can't remember exact sequence).  I always thought that mind-blowing but I never dared to try it. :) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

He looks like a corpse on that bed!

They way his brother was calling his name I think he was afraid he might be...

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
4 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

@Pepper Mostly, I quit drinking sodas years ago, but I can't kick the smoking habit. I am down to 4 a day. 

I quit for about 25 years, but I missed it, always said I'd start up again when I retired. I have maybe five a day, and I enjoy the bejesus out of each and every one! I  quit soda years ago too, and never looked back. 

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
Just now, OoogleEyes said:

I'm so old (how old are you?) That we used to use carbon paper. A secretary was emptying her ashtray and set the carbon paper in her trash can on fire.That was an exciting day.

I’m 69.  So yeah. Carbon paper and electric typewriter. Learned to type on a manual typewriter. 

• Like 6

I'm super late. And apparently traveled back in time to when you could still get your doctor on the phone when you called. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 13

Surprise visit to the doctor.   He is very sincere and very child-like in his belief that Dr. Now has nothing to do but sit around and wait for him.  Egocentric to the extreme.  

• Like 10
4 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Wait, he doesn't even have an appointment?

He's like those stalker guys who show up at your house. "I came all this way to see you!" Charles. Dr. Now owes you NOTHING. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I am not majorly overweight but was on birth control and unbeknownst to me have a genetic condition and I got blood clots. I need to take blood thinners in high risk situations for the rest of my life. This idiot could have died. 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 6
22 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

This is the finale? I don't think we're going out on a high note. 

The WATN One Ton Family Supersized, sounds familiar.  I know they followed up with the three cousins before.  Maybe a calling it Supersized makes it technically new.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

He's like those stalker guys who show up at your house. "I came all this way to see you!" Charles. Dr. Now owes you NOTHING. 

Reminds me of Becky and Justin on Seeking Sister Wife.

• LOL 5
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

You mean like Justin and Becky on Seeking sister Wife?  

• LOL 4
3 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

An ashtray was standard office equipment. I worked at an employment agency and my ashtray was the size of a manhole cover. 

At one of my bartending jobs the wastebaskets used to go up frequently. We used to get those wrapped straws and would strip the paper off. About 500 straw wrappers goes up quick! 

• Like 3

The Fresh Pet commercial with the redheaded date...what is he doing with that salad?

(I still don't get the problem with dog food in the fridge. When I was a kid we had a special lid that fit dog food cans, because we had a small dog and most dog food didn't come in small-dog portions like they make now. Where else would the leftovers go?)

• Like 5
  • Applause 1