Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

My 20's and 30's were my Primetime, even though I did have babies. 

Me (Iin white) with my sister (in red) and our babies, 1988. I'm 34.

6530.jpeg

You look 24!!!

2 minutes ago, mk828 said:

Ok I was wrong about her. Now I feel like a terrible human for snarking about her. 

Don't blame yourself--it's what we've learned to expect from this show.

7 minutes ago, Hellga said:

On the fashion side,  I love the 70s.  I wasn't even born until early 80s, but how can you not love bell bottoms?  I am so glad they made a couple comebacks so I could flaunt them!  They are so incredibly cool with high heels.   

I graduated high school in 1972. I still have the jeans I wore back then, stashed away somewhere. The fashion in my town was to steal a pair of your boyfriend's jeans and take them in at the inseam. That made them hip huggers and really tight. Then you just wore them and wore them and patched them with colorful scraps. Mine are patched from waist to knee. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
Just now, aliya said:

I'm not seeing a debate here. Diabetes and lactose intolerance be damned. That's what Big Pharma is for!

Well, I'm not lactose intolerant and the doctor's office called on Friday with my blood results and said my blood sugar and everything were normal.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
14 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Rose’s breasts look like sandbags 

There's a older lady in my book club whose breasts look like sand bags.  She uses a walker and is hunched over.  Has long gray hair. I so want to gift her some bras, anonymously. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

I graduated high school in 1972. I still have the jeans I wore back then, stashed away somewhere. The fashion in my town was to steal a pair of your boyfriend's jeans and take them in at the inseam. That made them hip huggers and really tight. Then you just wore them and wore them and patched them with colorful scraps. Mine are patched from waist to knee. 

I wore designer jeans with heels in the 80s. It was a thing. But jeans had no stretch so you had to lay down to get them zipped. Lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

5 lb loss.  At least she didn't gain.  Probably remembered to eat better in the last week before appointment or something.  

• Like 3
(edited)

Month 1-564

Month 3-497, down 67 lbs

Month 5-492, still down 5 more lbs. 

Houston is expensive compared to where she lives.   At least she's not making excuses, or blaming the scale.  New goal 50 lbs in two months, and move to Houston for surgery. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

I had a slip up it means I cheated once.  Maybe twice.  But to not really lose, she ate pretty much every night...

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

I wore designer jeans with heels in the 80s. It was a thing. But jeans had no stretch so you had to lay down to get them zipped. Lol

Jordache and Gloria Vanderbilt with Candies slides

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

Mr Lemon and I on our honeymoon circa 1982

20230702_135808.jpg

My first thought was "uh oh, were they arrested?" And then I saw the Norwegian Cruise Line thing at the bottom.  Heh

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Really, it should be no surprise most gain or stay the same after a loss. EVERYONE knows its not losing that's hard, it's keeping it off. Hence, the need for surgery or medical intervention.  Always annoys me when he asks What happened?!  Duh. What always happens and that's why they're 600lbs. 

• Like 5
Just now, mmecorday said:

She was dippin' in their sweet buckets? What the hell does that mean?

The kids have buckets of candies and Zebra cakes awaiting them upon their return from school?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
Just now, OoogleEyes said:

My first thought was "uh oh, were they arrested?" And then I saw the Norwegian Cruise Line thing at the bottom.  Heh

Lol. Mr Lemon thought he was  Al Pacino in Serpico. His brother looked exactly like Saturday Night Fever  John Travolta. My sister had a huge crush on him. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

I had a slip up it means I cheated once.  Maybe twice.  But to not really lose, she ate pretty much every night...

A single cheat doesn't make a bit of difference in a month. A slip up sounds like rolling down that keto hill of one dinner roll leading to three weeks of ice cream sandwiches piled on waffles. Oh, have I been there. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
Just now, mmecorday said:

Apparently they have candy for the grandkids when they visit, not a good situation.   Isn't that Cassandra?  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Pi237 said:

Always annoys me when he asks What happened?!  Duh. What always happens and that's why they're 600lbs. 

I think he wants to see where their heads are at, whether or not they’ll take responsibility for their behavior.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Jordache and Gloria Vanderbilt with Candies slides

Our house was burglarized in 1978. The thieves (two young girls, it turned out) took my jewelry and one pair of GV jeans. 

• Mind Blown 5
4 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

I loved that look but through most of the 80s I was over 30 and felt that was a style for a younger woman! 

Here is my hilarious designer jeans anecdote: Designer jeans were just getting to be a thing in the late 70s/early 80s. I was bartending in those days, in a fun bar in the Faneuil Hall are in Boston. One cocktail hour some friends stopped by, they were on their way to check out a new spot that had just opened in the neighborhood. Minutes later, they were back. "Wait, what happened? You didn't stay?" "They wouldn't let us in. They only let you in in jeans if they're designer jeans!" Which led me to ponder who might have the unenviable job of checking the asses of potential patrons for designer labels. And made me resolve to never patronize that establishment. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 7
1 minute ago, mk828 said:

Does it say "My Love 2" on he phone? I thought he was hubby #3? 

Who counts lol. Just another husband.

And he didn't approve her, it was conditional, did she forget that?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

"You can dip in my sweet bucket, if you know what I mean!" wink wink. 

• LOL 6
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

The kids have buckets of candies and Zebra cakes awaiting them upon their return from school?

When I was little, I had a toy fridge (maybe a foot tall by half a foot wide and deep?) and I filled it up with secret stash of candy during holidays and kept it in the back of the closet for my emergency supply.  Maybe her grandkids have something like that going? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Just now, MagicEyes said:

1. Get a bucket

2. Fill it with candy.

Easy peasy! 

Reminds me of the SNL Dick in a Box. 1. Get a box. 2. Put a hole in the box. 3. Put your junk in the box

• LOL 9