Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E21: Climbing Down From Decision Day

This topic is under Yellow Light Status.

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Cam also brought up that Emily actually cheated on Brennan which Becca tried to defend and put the blame on Brennan (but she also acknowledged that it happened).

?! Oh, I have to watch this. Cam just spilling the tea! That’s very bad form of Becca (and Emily). While I can understand Emily wanting to cheat since her marriage was clearly dead … it’s 8 weeks. She couldn’t wait 8 weeks? It’s like the guy a few seasons ago who got caught on a dating app with a week to go - just ride it out and then go do whatever when you’re divorced next week.

37 minutes ago, Maximadc said:

In the yesterday episode they had 28 under Austin name

They also had Brennan over Austin. I think it was just sloppy editing. Austin’s age has been listed as 31 for the entire season.

I hope Emily cheating is brought up on the reunion.

Edited by Empress1
  • Like 4
20 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I hope Emily cheating is brought up on the reunion.

To be fair, Becca said Emily made out with a guy, not that she actually had sex with him. Still unacceptable from a married person but I don’t know that I would call it “cheating.”

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1

I think that Chloe wants all of the wounded animals and the foster children so that she can feel like a savior and not have to focus on whatever inner turmoil she could possibly have.  She comes off as someone who is very tightly wound up and a perfectionist- these noble causes she wants to do to the extreme might be so that she can look more and more perfect and virtuous to others.  It just seems too much.  Who knows- but she needs to stop saying, "kiddos"- so annoying. I want to know why she doesn't want to give birth to her own children or at least have one child naturally. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
25 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

To be fair, Becca said Emily made out with a guy, not that she actually had sex with him. Still unacceptable from a married person but I don’t know that I would call it “cheating.”

Oh, I would.

10 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I want to know why she doesn't want to give birth to her own children or at least have one child naturally. 

I think Chloe said there were enough people in the world. She’s also 39, so she may not want to deal with infants at her age (yes, I know women give birth into their 40s), although based on what I remember her saying at the wedding, it didn’t sound like she’s ever wanted to give birth. Which is fine.

• Like 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Oh, I would.

I think Chloe said there were enough people in the world. She’s also 39, so she may not want to deal with infants at her age (yes, I know women give birth into their 40s), although based on what I remember her saying at the wedding, it didn’t sound like she’s ever wanted to give birth. Which is fine.

That makes sense. I just don't think that Chloe is thinking about how challenging it can be to raise older foster kids.  I had an acquaintance who was a little older than me and she adopted a teen foster kid who has deep trauma and trust issues from his childhood that she's helping him through.  Imagine Chloe having 5 foster kids on top of her demanding job.  If Chloe wants to have 5 foster kids, she really should start with one and take it from there. 

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Michael is quirky looking, but he's really gotten a raw deal with his matches.  The first one bounced as soon as she saw him, and the second one is batshit crazy.

I still have suspicions on the "first bride." This show has always been teasing a "runaway" bride. Also we saw NOTHING about the first bride during any of the matchmaking episodes.

I think this could have been a producer set up and Michel went along with it and knew he'd get another wedding.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

That makes sense. I just don't think that Chloe is thinking about how challenging it can be to raise older foster kids.  I had acquaintance who was a little older than me and she adopted a teen foster kid who has deep trauma and trust issues from his childhood that she's helping him through.  Imagine Chloe having 5 foster kids on top of her demanding job.  If Chloe wants to have 5 foster kids, she really should start with one and take it from there. 

In some ways, it's great that Chloe is open to fostering more than one kid at a time. Sibling groups are hardest to place together so foster parents who are willing to do that are really highly valued and difficult to find. But yes, as someone who has never parented or fostered before, Chloe should start with 1. Foster children by definition have experienced trauma and have special needs associated with that. It's a lot to take on, even without a pasture full of special needs animals.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

It's a bit suspicious to me that Michael said he has not told his mother that he got married.  And, Chloe supported that (at least she said so).  Very similar to Cam who did not tell his father (maybe his whole family) that he got married.  I wonder what some of these participants really wanted from being on this show.  While some had their whole families at the weddings, others haven't even told their families about the wedding.

• Like 6
(edited)

22 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I think Chloe is embellishing about what she envisions their lifestyle to be to push him towards ending the marriage so she doesn’t have to be the “bad guy”. Even her tone doesn’t sound very serious. She’s Too nonchalant while Michael is about to hit the panic button. It’s over.

I think this too. 

21 hours ago, kikicat said:

Wishing we had a WTF emoji...

Maybe this: 🤯

15 hours ago, shok said:

Oh, do tell!!!! We don't get the Afterparty here in Canada so a summary would be very much appreciated. Please and thank you.

Lots of tea was spilled. Sone that I remember: 

- Clare asked Cam to lie and back her up on the Brennan/Cam double date situation. Cam says he refused to lie about it because it involved E & B relationship. Clare was determined to bring down Brennan. Cam told her it might cause Brennan to bring up the Emily cheating situation. Clare didn't care if it hurt Emily because "cheaters get what they deserve."

- Emily made-out with an Australian guy. Becca confirmed. 

- at the very beginning of marriage Clare told cam "you can kiss me but I won't like it." 

- Austin vapes a lot. He would hide his vaping and would lie to Becca about it.

12 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Why is Keisha’s husband on AGAIN?  Wtf?

I actually like him and what he has to say.

Edited by Blissfool
Mixed up names
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

- Austin vapes a lot. He would hide his vaping and would lie to Becca about it.

And Becca thought it was strange that he lied about it because she said she doesn't have a problem with him vaping.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I did not have sexual relations with that man :))

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)

Chloe just said on the after party she wants 7,247 animals—correcting Keisha saying 700 alpacas. I hope this is a joke—or maybe she somehow recalls the exact number of animals at the farm they visited. But if she’s really going through life saying she precisely needs 5 foster kids and 7,247 animals, I need to get to the root of this number. So odd.

wow. The second half of the after party with Cam and Becca was really juicy! I have to say, out of all of these people, I believe Cameron. He seems to be the only one who doesn’t care about “optics.” He cares so little about how he comes off on TV that he completely stopped filming. I mean, granted, he had more important things to worry about. But his words and delivery are specific. He’s not just throwing around the three buzzwords —even though I think he invented “optics” before Clare had the girls commandeer it. And Clare did seem to have great glee in getting everyone all worked up.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

I am watching the Afterparty now. I really don't like Chloe. I think she is totally fake and playing a part, but I don't know what part. I am looking forward to the Cam part. Not sure what Keisha's husband is adding.  I also have had enough of woe-is-me Becca. If she was finding out lies Austin was telling every single day, including the vaping, why was she making it such a big deal to dump him? What did she think was going to change? And for her to keep saying that she loves him is also over the top. It was 8 weeks! And she kept losing trust in him. What exactly was she loving about him? And, after seeing the previews for next week that they showed at the end of Afterparty - she is still second guessing herself and missing him????? There has never been a season where there are so many episodes after D Day, but before the reunion. This group of people was so toxic and manipulative, the show needs to go back to when the couples did their own things and didn't hang out with the others so much. 

However, I am loving Cam talking about Clare and how she was determined to break up Emily and Brennan. As most of us have noted, Clare is NOT a nice person, nor were her friends. (Maybe that was Emily's friends, but anyway, Clare is not nice.) And, I do believe that she wanted to control the "camera optics" as much as the men did and she was hoping to get new clients.

But, I do think I am done. I don't want to see another episode of weepy Becca, ridiculous Orion and Lauren, and horrible Chloe. I don't believe there is any need for a reunion show because they haven't stopped spending all their time together - it's over, people, you all wanted divorces, so go away!

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

To flesh out the Emily cheating story--she made out with an Australian guy she met at a bar.  Make of this what you will.  Not sure why it was important that he was Australian, but it was amusing that it seemed to be.  I don't know if this is what Brennan thought would "ruin" her, but it certainly gives more weight to concerns about her drinking.

Chloe's weeping over the disabled cow was either her most over the top performance or her only sincere moment--I honestly can't tell which!  And it seemed like she was almost equating fostering senior animals and fostering older "kiddos," which I found lowkey offensive, and completely clueless.  What a narcissist!

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • Like 5
  • Applause 5

Clare is horrible but I saw the daggers in Cam's eyes when Becca called him out on the Afterparty for stealing Clare's narrative and making it his own by claiming that Clare was manipulating him and telling him what he could and couldn't say.  According to Becca he was doing the same in reverse to Clare.  She even cited chapter and verse in his texts to Clare right to his face!  He shut right up and was suppressing a lot of anger there.  I'm sure Becca had him dead to rights.  He is no better than Clare.

Austin on the Afterparty was in my opinion trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes about his behavior.  He apologizes and takes responsibility but he is sanitizing everything he's done to make himself look innocent.  And Keisha's husband was buying into it!  Then when Becca came on later she totally shut him down.

WTF is wrong with Becca?  It is WAY past time to be second guessing her decision to get out of that toxic marriage.  I seriously hope she doesn't cave to this guy.  Her gut knows best, IMO.  I understand but only to a point and she's now gone past that point.

Becca looked depressed on the Afterparty in a worrisome way.  She previously had been looking up and positive and now is anything but.  I hope she gets some help to get over this stupid show.

• Like 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

wow. The second half of the after party with Cam and Becca was really juicy! I have to say, out of all of these people, I believe Cameron. He seems to be the only one who doesn’t care about “optics.” He cares so little about how he comes off on TV that he completely stopped filming. I mean, granted, he had more important things to worry about. But his words and delivery are specific. He’s not just throwing around the three buzzwords —even though I think he invented “optics” before Clare had the girls commandeer it. And Clare did seem to have great glee in getting everyone all worked up.

If Cam wasn't concerned about "Optics" he wouldn't be constantly trying to make Clare look like the bad guy in the relationship when clearly there is responsibility on both sides for the toxicity there.  I believe Becca is right that he was essentially trying to steal the narrative to make himself look innocent and Clare the villain.  She even quoted his texts to show he was not innocent.  I refuse to believe that he doesn't share responsibility in that.

50 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

To flesh out the Emily cheating story--she made out with an Australian guy she met at a bar.  Make of this what you will.  Not sure why it was important that he was Australian, but it was amusing that it seemed to be.  I don't know if this is what Brennan thought would "ruin" her, but it certainly gives more weight to concerns about her drinking.

What I don't understand is how when Emily goes out and makes out with a guy Becca says that's "understandable" because the relationship was on shaky ground, but she acts like it's cheating that Brennan might have wanted to go on a double date with Cam.  Again, clearly there is guilt here on both sides to some degree or another.  These people need to cut the crap with each other and take personal responsibility.

It could be that that's what Brennan thought would "ruin her".  That would make perfect sense, although it's no worse than anything we'd expect from her anyway, so so much for that.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I am watching the Afterparty now. I really don't like Chloe. I think she is totally fake and playing a part, but I don't know what part.

36 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

Chloe's weeping over the disabled cow was either her most over the top performance or her only sincere moment--I honestly can't tell which!  And it seemed like she was almost equating fostering senior animals and fostering older "kiddos," which I found lowkey offensive, and completely clueless.  What a narcissist!

I agree with both of you.  What a freaking Sarah Bernhardt she is and she gets more over the top every week!  Come on, is the show trolling us with this shit or do they really think we're buying this?  I am beginning to wonder whether she is paid to play this part or she is just acting for the camera because she's a wacko and that's what she does for her narcissistic kicks.  Michael may actually be for real because it looks like he's having second thoughts.  If he is and is really considering staying with this woman I think he'd be making the wrong move.  He needs to trust his gut.  She may be amping up the ridiculous stuff about animals and foster kids to get rid of him without looking like the bad guy and it may be working.

• Like 4
On 3/13/2024 at 6:54 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I think Chloe is embellishing about what she envisions their lifestyle to be to push him towards ending the marriage so she doesn’t have to be the “bad guy”. Even her tone doesn’t sound very serious. She’s Too nonchalant while Michael is about to hit the panic button. It’s over.

I can’t figure her out, maybe she’s bipolar?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

She even cited chapter and verse in his texts to Clare right to his face!  He shut right up and was suppressing a lot of anger there.  I

I recall that differently. I heard him say that he had those same texts and his were in context, and he would be glad to share. I think that was the point when he just started telling what Clare had told him not to say. And, yes, he really was mad. I can't help it - I believe him over her. I do wonder how early in the "process" they decided that there was no future and what their game plan would be.

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 3/13/2024 at 9:42 PM, VioletNevermind said:

I wish someone would reach over and knock that damn ball cap right off of Austin’s head.  Come on, man.  He looks like he’s about 14-years-old. 

Worse, he looks like a somewhat thicker guy in his 30s who is dressing like a 14-year-old skater who can't skate (skater who can't skate was how he described his style in his own words).

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
20 hours ago, Rightside said:

I still have suspicions on the "first bride." This show has always been teasing a "runaway" bride. Also we saw NOTHING about the first bride during any of the matchmaking episodes.

I think this could have been a producer set up and Michel went along with it and knew he'd get another wedding.

i am sorry, i dont understand this post. can you explain further?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

Worse, he looks like a somewhat thicker guy in his 30s who is dressing like a 14-year-old skater who can't skate (skater who can't skate was how he described his style in his own words).

He's the Uncle Rico of Denver skater boys 😅.  I bet he wears skateboard sneakers inside while he vapes weed and plays Nintendo 64 games.  Why did Becca beg and plead every week to fuck him?! His houseplants have more growth potential than him! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, zoomama said:

i am sorry, i dont understand this post. can you explain further?

I will try to explain.

Post 1: Michael is quirky looking, but he's really gotten a raw deal with his matches.  The first one bounced as soon as she saw him, and the second one is batshit crazy.

My reply post:  I still have suspicions on the "first bride." This show has always been teasing a "runaway" bride. Also we saw NOTHING about the first bride during any of the matchmaking episodes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm saying I think the "first bride" for Michael was a producer stunt for a "runaway bride."  There was no info on this "bride" during the matching match making and no pics of her getting ready or walking down the isle.

I think Michael was told in advance about this, agreed to it, and the producers did it for ratings. He probably agreed knowing there was going to be another match that was already selected for him.  He would get to be somewhat of a "victim."

Just my individual opinion!  And I think this was done with Michael because of his appearance and it would not have been done with a "The Bachelor" ish looking groom.

Edited by Rightside
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
9 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I recall that differently. I heard him say that he had those same texts and his were in context, and he would be glad to share. I think that was the point when he just started telling what Clare had told him not to say. And, yes, he really was mad. I can't help it - I believe him over her. I do wonder how early in the "process" they decided that there was no future and what their game plan would be.

If so why didn't he tell us the context instead of just hinting at it?  I don't believe him any more than her.  If he had something to say to prove his point, he should just say it.  Otherwise he should STFU because it's all just more BS designed to make himself look innocent. 

He had his own selfish reasons for making an off-camera agreement with Clare not to reveal each other's potentially damaging stuff and to get their stories straight so that neither of them would look bad on camera.  I doubt she pushed him into it like he claims and BTW, he ended up breaking it himself by throwing her under the bus.  So how is he so much better than her?  I was right about that, BTW - I theorized that they made a mutual agreement for that purpose weeks ago and he confirmed it here.  I believe her that he is trying to flip the script to make her look like the bad guy, only I think both of them are equally responsible for doing that to each other.

What I want to know is why anyone has to make any off-camera agreement to "protect" each other on this show?  Have the producers become so toxic that they'll throw everyone under the bus just for drama and the spouses have to find ways to protect themselves from that or anything they do and say might be "used against them"?  Because that's what it's starting to look like to me with all of them.  I think the show is sabotaging these relationships in the name of drama.  And the only relationship left is either completely fake or another setup for disaster (Chloe and Michael).

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Rightside said:

My reply post:  I still have suspicions on the "first bride." This show has always been teasing a "runaway" bride. Also we saw NOTHING about the first bride during any of the matchmaking episodes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm saying I think the "first bride" for Michael was a producer stunt for a "runaway bride."  There was no info on this "bride" during the matching match making and no pics of her getting ready or walking down the isle.

I think Michael was told in advance about this, agreed to it, and the producers did it for ratings. He probably agreed knowing there was going to be another match that was already selected for him.  He would get to be somewhat of a "victim."

Just my individual opinion!  And I think this was done with Michael because of his appearance and it would not have been done with a "The Bachelor" ish looking groom.

I theorized all that here right from the start with these two and I wasn't alone so it's not just your opinion, but one shared widely on this board and elsewhere.  Welcome to the club, it's a big one!

• Like 3

Chloe is ridiculous. As a single foster mom with a soft spot for senior rescue dogs, I really wanted to like her.... but then I watched this episode. Micheal's comment about the 'scope and intensity' of these 'dreams' being scary was spot on. Her desire to take on a sanctuary-ful of animals and houseful of tramautized children shows no awareness of what it would actually take to meet any their needs. Girlfriend is all about the savior 'persona' and  seems to enjoy the shock factor. Whether shes using that to present herself a certain way on TV or scare off her stranger husband- it's kind of gross. 

• Applause 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Another take on this - Cam assumed that Becca didn't have access to the context of the messages.  How does he know that?  And he talks about how he didn't want to bring up stuff that would make Brennan out Emily's having made out with some guy at a bar on the show, but what is he doing right then and there but bringing it up on the show?  That was news to Keisha and us too.  And It's none of Becca's business to discuss either.  How would Emily feel about them outing that about her?  These people have no boundaries, no integrity and I don't buy a word out of their mouths about how much they care about anyone but themselves and how they look.  If they really cared about Emily's image they wouldn't be talking about this openly right there.  

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 3

If one could make money for being a professional liar, my brother would be a millionaire.  And one tip he has told me that liars do:  Deny til you die.  That's Cam in a nutshell - I want to see those texts.  I'd also like to see proof that he was in the hospital with a heart condition.  He's a Lie Til You Die kind of guy.  Although can't you all totally see Clare telling him, "You can kiss me, but I won't like it" - I'll believe him on that one! 😂

I think Austin is just a regular guy with a regular guys lies - he admitted it really quickly and knows he biffed it with the "hanging out with the producer" lie.  And his lies about vaping and other things were him just not wanting to "get in trouble" while he waited out the marriage. He's still full of shit about wishing he had done better, etc. - all he had to do was start sleeping with his wife and nothing else would have mattered as far as she was concerned 😂  So no matter how much stupid old Becca "regrets her decisions" or whatever she's going to do, it won't even matter because in the end he doesn't want her and will just hang around until she finally gets a clue.  Also - he mentioned that Becca wanted to bring up the religion talk with the experts, and Becca made a snide remark during the episode (not afterparty) about his next wife being a Christian and praying, so I think she was carrying a grudge about that the whole time - from the first mention it was obviously her problem and not his.  Fault on that: the "experts"

Emily making out with an Australian?  First of all - hee hee 😄. Second of all - she looked like an idiot "hoping for more" all these weeks with a Brennan who clearly disliked her - I wished all season she'd just be honest with the experts, and if she knew it was over enough to make out with the Australian she could have given us a little better on the show! 😡

Lauren:  give Orion an angry set-down or get off my tv!

Chloe:  maybe she wants to make her "dream" so ridiculous that Michael will have to be the bad guy and dump her; maybe she wants to make herself sound good - both options have been offered here and I don't know which to choose!  What I do know is that she has no actual plans to run an animal sanctuary or adopt "kiddos" - I call bullshit on her entire act.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

If so why didn't he tell us the context instead of just hinting at it?  I don't believe him any more than her.  If he had something to say to prove his point, he should just say it.  Otherwise he should STFU because it's all just more BS designed to make himself look innocent. 

He laid everything out and Becca had no comeback.  She came at him saying something about having a few texts.  He said he had ALL the texts with the full context, and then began divulging everything, including Emily's cheating. Whereas, Becca HID Emily's cheating. Becca had no comeback, and looked depressed and upset.  He does look innocent.  Meanwhile Becca inexplicably admitted that she used to be the gaslighter in relationships. So Becca's image took a huge hit.  She looked like a trainwreck this season yet wants to blame Austin for not wanting to have sex with her. Becca said she didnt care about Austin's vaping, but then why did she make him lie to her about vaping?  She is not making sense anymore. She says he vapes alot, but refuses to say what that means?  Once a week? Once a day? Once an hour?  Something is off about Becca.

• Like 9
29 minutes ago, Gator Stud said:

Becca said she didnt care about Austin's vaping, but then why did she make him lie to her about vaping? 

Becca is an idiot; that is clear.  But I fail to see how she "made him lie" about vaping?  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, princelina said:

I'd also like to see proof that he was in the hospital with a heart condition.  He's a Lie Til You Die kind of guy. 

I think you're the only other person besides me that has questioned that.  I said I thought it was his convenient out from the show.  He may have a heart condition but as to him actually having to go into the hospital right then I am still skeptical.

49 minutes ago, princelina said:

Chloe:  maybe she wants to make her "dream" so ridiculous that Michael will have to be the bad guy and dump her; maybe she wants to make herself sound good - both options have been offered here and I don't know which to choose!  What I do know is that she has no actual plans to run an animal sanctuary or adopt "kiddos" - I call bullshit on her entire act.

Yep, #1 has been my theory too and I don't believe for one minute that she has actual plans to run an animal sanctuary and adopt kids.

2 minutes ago, Gator Stud said:

He laid everything out and Becca had no comeback.  She came at him saying something about having a few texts.  He said he had ALL the texts with the full context, and then began divulging everything, including Emily's cheating. Whereas, Becca HID Emily's cheating. Becca had no comeback, and looked depressed and upset.  He does look innocent.  Meanwhile Becca inexplicably admitted that she used to be the gaslighter in relationships. So Becca's image took a huge hit.  She looked like a trainwreck this season yet wants to blame Austin for not wanting to have sex with her. Becca said she didnt care about Austin's vaping, but then why did she make him lie to her about vaping?  She is not making sense anymore. She says he vapes alot, but refuses to say what that means?  Once a week? Once a day? Once an hour?  Something is off about Becca.

That's not how I saw it at all.  Cam also stopped short of coming back with responses other than the one I mentioned and also looked depressed and upset.  Becca hid Emily's cheating because she's her friend.  He said he didn't want it to become public but he talked about it anyway without caring how it might hurt Emily.  Becca confirmed it after Cam mentioned it, which she shouldn't have done but that's another story. 

Becca said Austin lied about the vaping and hid it from her from day one.  How could she possibly have made him lie to her about that?  Even if she told him she didn't like vaping he still deceived her by not being honest about it and that wasn't her fault.  I don't agree with Keisha's husband who made it sound like his lying was Becca's fault.  It's not.  She has a right to express her feelings and opinions to Austin about his behavior without being told it's her fault if he then lies to her because he knows she doesn't like something.  So is she expected to lie to him about not liking vaping so as not to "make" him lie to her?  That's just ridiculous and unfair.  And Austin admitted that he lied about a few things including the vaping and I didn't see him saying it was because she made him do it.  I watched it a second time too.

I think Becca knew Austin was hiding a lot on camera and now he's mystified as to why she didn't trust him but if that's the case he's just clueless about cause and effect.  You can't put on this front for the camera and then expect a person to think you aren't also lying to them.  But I don't believe him, I do think he was lying and misrepresenting himself and now he's copping an innocent act and Keisha's husband even bought into it!

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
9 hours ago, princelina said:

Becca is an idiot; that is clear.  But I fail to see how she "made him lie" about vaping?  

Maybe Becca is lying about not caring about the vaping??  She said she used to be the gaslighter in relationships.  Why would Austin lie if Becca didnt care? That wouldnt make sense, would it? My ex wife cared that I smoked weed, so I didnt tell her about it.  But she sure could drink.  If she didnt care, I would have done it openly. Then Becca says he he vapes alot without defining what that means. She never mentioned her bestie Emily's drinking, and I thought it was excessive, yet she wants to throw her hubby under the bus for vaping. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Gator Stud said:

Maybe Becca is lying about not caring about the vaping??  She said she used to be the gaslighter in relationships.  Why would Austin lie if Becca didnt care? That wouldnt make sense, would it? My ex wife cared that I smoked weed, so I didnt tell her about it.  But she sure could drink.  If she didnt care, I would have done it openly. Then Becca says he he vapes alot without defining what that means. She never mentioned her bestie Emily's drinking, and I thought it was excessive, yet she wants to throw her hubby under the bus for vaping. 

Austin would lie about the vaping because Austin doesn't want to let Becca or the world know what he does if he thinks they might not approve and so he would probably hide that anyway whether or not he knew Becca approved of it.  I'm sure he never even brought up vaping with her so she never thought to give him her opinion on that.  If this guy didn't want any of his personal feelings or business seen on national TV he shouldn't have agreed to go on the show and get married.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
7 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Austin would lie about the vaping because Austin doesn't want to let Becca or the world know what he does if he thinks they might not approve and so he would probably hide that anyway whether or not he knew Becca approved of it.  I'm sure he never even brought up vaping with her so she never thought to give him her opinion on that.  If this guy didn't want any of his personal feelings or business seen on national TV he shouldn't have agreed to go on the show and get married.  

Becca admitted to gaslighting her previous partners, but you know she is 100% telling the truth now. She gets on Austin's case for lying about not cheating, but sits their mute when Emily cheats in front of her.  If Becca's response is so bad that Austin cant be straight with her about innocent things, then that sounds like Becca's issue. Its very clear to me that Claire manipulated the other women to make the guys look worse than they are. She is supposed to be a shrink but gets into people's heads to manipulate them.  But now we are supposed to trust what they say?

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

But that’s not your ex-wife “making” you lie by omission. That’s you choosing to lie by omission to your ex-wife to avoid confrontation.

12 hours ago, princelina said:

I call bullshit. Becca didn’t “make” Austin lie; he chose to lie. Who knows why? Dumbass vaped in the apartment bathroom; did he really think she couldn’t smell it?

Plus Becca said she didn’t understand why Austin lied about vaping. Some people lie even when it’s easier to tell the truth. It doesn’t to make sense.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

A few years ago, I got my Doctorate degree in Clinical Bullshit.  Based on my analysis, Clare and Becca are full of it.

Have you considered applying to the show as an expert? 

I am sure you will do a much better job than these clowns.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 9

For those who were unfortunate enough to see the visuals of Afterparty.

Was it weird that the ladies looked so done up and Austin looked like he was in the middle of cleaning out his garage?

I am sure that his clothes cost a lot of money.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
26 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Have you considered applying to the show as an expert? 

I am sure you will do a much better job than these clowns.

Oh, I feel pretty sure I could weed out the bullshitters.  

NEXT APPLICANT! 😠  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
49 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Was it weird that the ladies looked so done up and Austin looked like he was in the middle of cleaning out his garage?

He had his cap on the right way instead of backwards. I found myself wondering if it was some sort of secret message.

• LOL 7
5 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

I think she was throwing him under the bus for lying 😄. I don't necessarily believe everything the women say, but Cam is a known liar and Austin is an admitted one.If his decision was to lie about it until he could escape on decision day that's just further proof that he was not trying to make this work, IMO.

8 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

He had his cap on the right way instead of backwards. I found myself wondering if it was some sort of secret message.

It's his dressy look! 😂

Also:  Austin said that when he went out with the gang and the producer, he had asked Becca about going out but she didn't want to because "she doesn't go out" - I know on the wedding day she told him that she didn't drink but was fine with him doing it, but if he enjoys nights out having a few beers and she doesn't want to go out at all - probably not something he wants to sign up for life with either.  And I am not blaming him or her for this: it's another "expert" fail.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

Becca admitted to gaslighting her previous partners, but you know she is 100% telling the truth now. She gets on Austin's case for lying about not cheating, but sits their mute when Emily cheats in front of her.  If Becca's response is so bad that Austin cant be straight with her about innocent things, then that sounds like Becca's issue. Its very clear to me that Claire manipulated the other women to make the guys look worse than they are. She is supposed to be a shrink but gets into people's heads to manipulate them.  But now we are supposed to trust what they say?

Austin was clearly trying to slide through this with the least amount of confrontation and even if he had to avoid it when it wasn't necessary he would rather do that than make even a tiny bit of effort to ask Becca how she felt about it.  

I got the impression that Becca was referring to herself as a gaslighter in the past when she was more immature and didn't care or have so much invested in a relationship.  I don't necessarily believe everything out of her or any of the women's mouths but It sure looked to me like she had a lot invested in Austin and really wanted to make this work. 

In contrast I did not get that impression from Austin at all and nothing he says is convincing me of that.  He pays a lot of lip service to doing right by Becca and the relationship in general but he acts like a guy that just doesn't give a shit so I don't believe him at all.  Becca on the other hand is crying, depressed and distraught, and still second guessing herself about whether she has done the right thing.  My money is her being flawed but at least genuine.  Plus she never admitted to gaslighting Austin. 

Austin wants everyone to believe he's not a gaslighter and said he is "floored" that she would accuse him of that.  But if thousands of people in the audience are getting that impression of him including Becca, maybe it's time he looked in the mirror and figured out why.  Even if he's doing it unconsciously, he's doing something and he may not even be aware of it.  He has taken responsibility for his lying but he is still just defending himself with that, meanwhile Becca is clearly feeling regret and remorse for her part in this.  Once again I feel like he's more concerned with optics than Becca. 

And I'm going to bold the next sentence because it's important:  If Becca were that concerned about optics and lying about stuff that would look damaging for her she wouldn't let everyone see her in her worst moments and would instead hide everything potentially seen as negative about her.  Austin has clearly been doing that from day 1 and hiding the vaping is only the tip of the iceberg.  And the only reason he admitted it is because basically he was backed into a corner and wanted everyone to see how he could admit to a failing.  It was only done to make Becca look in the wrong.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 2

I’m not a Brennan fan, but I will give him credit for not bringing up Emily’s drunken make out session with the Australian guy.  Very odd the ladies tried to make the double date story a thing, knowing Emily made out with someone not her .husband 

This is the fifth drunken Emily story we have seen in a six week marriage.   

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

In CA and CO, people openly smoke.  There is no stigma.  Everybody vapes too.  There is no reason to hide something if your partner is cool with it.  She outed him with the vaping anyways, so it kinda obviates your point. She probably doesnt like that he drinks too, but wont bring that up because she knows how stupid it would sound. 

I never saw him vape.  The only reason why I know, is because she outed him out of spite.  So that implies that she obviously had a big problem with it.  Or else she would have never mentioned it, like Emily's cheating.  Vaping is worse than cheating?  No one I know would ever say that. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

But that’s not your ex-wife “making” you lie by omission. That’s you choosing to lie by omission to your ex-wife to avoid confrontation.

When my ex got wasted on alcohol, did I complain at all? No, because I didnt give a shit. What is worse alcohol or weed?  More people died yesterday from alcohol poisoning than weed in the history of humankind.  People who died from weed =0.

Who gets into fights: people who are wasted on alcohol, or people who are stoned.  Lets cut the the BS propaganda on all of this.  Austin vaping > Emily drunk blackouts.  I didn't LIE, I just didn't tell her.  Did she tell me every time she had a drink?  She lied by omission too, right? Becca is not right. Whatever she did, Austin doesnt feel like he can be straightforward with her. She needs to work on that.

4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I call bullshit. Becca didn’t “make” Austin lie; he chose to lie. Who knows why? Dumbass vaped in the apartment bathroom; did he really think she couldn’t smell it?

Plus Becca said she didn’t understand why Austin lied about vaping. Some people lie even when it’s easier to tell the truth. It doesn’t to make sense.

Maybe Becca is lying. She ratted out her hubby for vaping, even though there is nothing wrong with that, but didnt rat out her bestie for making out with the Australian, and possibly giving him a BJ. I dont even think he lied.  I think he just didnt tell her. And Becca is considering that a lie. 

• Like 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, qtpye said:

Sometimes when you are stoned and just trying to make it through, you just dont give a shit.  The thing that really surprised me about Austin is that I assumed he was going bald, when in fact he had hair growing out of everywhere.  He had neck hair.  But he mostly covered it up.  Why would a man with great hair cover it up?  Was it a flex?

Edited by Gator Stud
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2