Type keyword(s) to search

Jinger and Jeremy Vuolo

• Start Topic

(edited)

Wasn't it three or four years for the doctorate?  I can't remember when he began.  Could they be buying a house closer to the church or in a better neighborhood?  

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Wasn't it three or four years for the doctorate?  I can't remember when he began.  Could they be buying a house closer to the church or in a better neighborhood?  

Ah okay. That's a little shorter than what I'd assumed. In my graduate program, it was 4-5 years, which is my default rule of thumb for PhD lengths. LOL I think they moved to California in 2018 or 2019, if I'm not mistaken, and he did the master's first. I just checked, and he graduated with that in 2022.  So, it seems he'd have at least another year for a three to four year program. It will be interesting to see if they stay in the LA area or relocate. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

The website for the Master's Seminary says three years for the Doctor of Ministry and 2-4 years for the Doctor of Philosophy (both after the master's degree).  The first is to preach and the second is to study/teach.  Any idea which one he's in?

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
4 minutes ago, Fosca said:

The website for the Master's Seminary says three years for the Doctor of Ministry and 2-4 years for the Doctor of Philosophy (both after the master's degree).  The first is to preach and the second is to study/teach.  Any idea which one he's in?

Good catch! This says he's the former. 

https://www.ligonier.org/learn/teachers/jeremy-vuolo

• Useful 3

From Wiki:

On May 14, 2018, Jeremy announced that he had been accepted into the Theological and Pastoral Studies Program at The Master's Seminary. He began attending The Master's Seminary in Fall 2019. On May 8, 2022, Jeremy graduated with his Master of Divinity Degree. In 2025, Jeremy will graduate with his Doctor of Divinity Degree.

• Useful 6

I can see him teaching at a college more than I can see him as a preacher.  He seems to have a very friendly personality, and perhaps a steady teaching schedule would appeal to him.  I am wondering if he already has a teaching position somewhere and needs to relocate.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

Options:
new baby coming need more room

getting a divorce

outreach program though his seminary

California too liberal for them

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
55 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Options:
new baby coming need more room

getting a divorce

outreach program though his seminary

California too liberal for them

Maybe he has a job at a school that is not in Southern California.  I don't know know anything about their house, but I am surprised that it is not priced higher in that area.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

From Wiki:

On May 14, 2018, Jeremy announced that he had been accepted into the Theological and Pastoral Studies Program at The Master's Seminary. He began attending The Master's Seminary in Fall 2019. On May 8, 2022, Jeremy graduated with his Master of Divinity Degree. In 2025, Jeremy will graduate with his Doctor of Divinity Degree.

With all the exact dates, it reads like Jeremy himself wrote this. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
6 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I can see him teaching at a college more than I can see him as a preacher.  He seems to have a very friendly personality, and perhaps a steady teaching schedule would appeal to him.  I am wondering if he already has a teaching position somewhere and needs to relocate.

He’s also a blowhard who enjoys pontificating, so a professor at that seminary would be perfect for him. 

• Like 16
  • Applause 2
2 minutes ago, awaken said:

He’s also a blowhard who enjoys pontificating, so a professor at that seminary would be perfect for him. 

But that would be a full time to commitment. Can't have that. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5

I also suspect he would have issues teaching female students; didn't he already say something like he has a wandering eye and Jinger needs to keep him on a leash, or am I imagining that?  If he gets a spot at Masters Seminary, that's likely a really good indication that he's the heir apparent of MacArthur.  I wonder if they're going to send him elsewhere to start a new church branch?  

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They could dump the gym room and move it to the garage. Voila! Room for more kids 

Or repurpose the library book collection room.

12 hours ago, awaken said:

As long as he can stand before a captive audience and yammer, he's happy.

• Like 12
(edited)
13 hours ago, Fosca said:

didn't he already say something like he has a wandering eye and Jinger needs to keep him on a leash, or am I imagining that? 

Nope not imagining it. At one point, he even claimed he made her responsible for his phone. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 3
22 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

So when he cheats, he'll blame her for it.

Yep. There's a lot about Jeremy that strikes me as emotionally abusive. This was one of them, but also how much of an asshole he was to her over a game of Would You Rather. 

• Like 15

I don't think any of the Duggar husbands would cheat, nor do I think the Duggar brothers ( minus Josh) would cheat. And even if they wanted to, I don't see any women who would jump at the chance. Even if someone somehow found any of these guys attractive, once they opened their mouths, that would change.

So its either Nike or having "unrighteous thoughts" for this bunch.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Jinger and Jeremy both have posted on IG with stories and pictures. Jer's mother and father are visiting and the whole family is walking someplace in Malibu that has a waterfall and mountain views.  Very pretty view area.  I would assume that is too expensive an area for them to be house hunting.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
On 6/6/2024 at 11:59 PM, Fosca said:

I also suspect he would have issues teaching female students; didn't he already say something like he has a wandering eye and Jinger needs to keep him on a leash, or am I imagining that?  If he gets a spot at Masters Seminary, that's likely a really good indication that he's the heir apparent of MacArthur.  I wonder if they're going to send him elsewhere to start a new church branch?  

No worries there since I don’t believe the seminary allows female students 🙄

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
15 hours ago, awaken said:

No worries there since I don’t believe the seminary allows female students 🙄

They don't, at least not for pastoral type programs.  Their sect believes that women are not capable of leading a church or preaching; that God wants men only in the positions of highest authority.  I think they do have some classes that women can take about other aspects of their faith and how to be a helpmeet or whatever; but the main student body is male.

• Sad 14
12 minutes ago, DXD526 said:

It's just as well. We wouldn't want all these dogly men being exposed to wimmins, and getting cooties. 

How could the men possibly pay attention to what they're saying, because boobs.

• LOL 13
(edited)

Women are only allowed in their undergrad program. No ladies allowed at the Masters Seminary or beyond. 

Unless it's to drop off a delivery for Deacons and Donuts.  Or Christians and Croissants.  Pastors and Puddings?  They could all cosplay as their favorite British king. 

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 19

Unless it's to drop off a delivery for Deacons and Donuts Day.  Or Christians and Croissants.  Pastors and Puddings?  They could all cosplay as their favorite British king. 

I like yours, but it’s Doctrine & Donuts. 😁

• Like 6
(edited)

Jinger is "writing" another book, to be published in January. Something about being a people pleaser. 

Amazon has the pre-order listed. 

Screenshot_20240611-111903.png

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 7
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The hardcover isn't discounted. Didn't check Kindle. 

The blurb says the Kindle price is a 13% discount

• Useful 5
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Notabug said:

What's with the hat?  Are they moving back to Texas?  Is she joining the rodeo?  Is it a bad sign that Amazon has already discounted it 6 months before it is published?

I can't explain the hat, but Amazon frequently offers 10 to 45% discounts on pre-release books from all of the Big Five publishers, usually without any input from the publisher. It's not a sign of anything other than Amazon trying to maintain their 50 to 80% stranglehold on the Big Five book publisher market. 

Edited by quarks
  • Like 2
  • Useful 10

Well, that's interesting. Are we sure they didn't mix up their Duggars and it's really Jill's second book (or Jana's finally spilling the tea)? 

I mean, I don't know enough about the Vuolo's marriage dynamics to say for sure, none of us do, but Jinger has never struck me as an independent sort since she married. 

• Like 14
6 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Jinger has never struck me as an independent sort since she married. 

Jinger "I love books because Jeremy loves books!" Vuolo.

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Ben's Amish Paradise hat is millions times worse. 🤪

I think about that hat more than I care to admit. Going to party like it's 1699!

• LOL 17