Type keyword(s) to search

Jinger and Jeremy Vuolo

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I see they still have Rufus. I find stuffed animals so creepy. 

I was like what? Then I looked - taxidermy - yes, I agree, creepy.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Jinger is presenting an Ark Encounter's "Answers for Women's Conference".  Apparently it is about "reclaiming God's good design for women and overcome the war on women happening in our culture".   Yes, there is a war on women but it is not coming from the evil secular culture.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5RXg3pJQDH/

Oh, good Lord. There's always been a war on women. Jinger you a part of keeping that war on women going.

• Like 11
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1

To clarify I don't know what Jinger is presenting but the conference is about "reclaiming God's design for women and overcoming the the war on women" She is using her book which I have not read so I don't know if she wrote about any of that.  I followed some links and apparently the Ark Encounters guy promotes lots of things about the bible being literal, no evolution, young earth, etc. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, auntieminem said:

To clarify I don't know what Jinger is presenting but the conference is about "reclaiming God's design for women and overcoming the the war on women" She is using her book which I have not read so I don't know if she wrote about any of that.  I followed some links and apparently the Ark Encounters guy promotes lots of things about the bible being literal, no evolution, young earth, etc. 

The Ark encounter is all about the bible being literally true and I expect they also stress a very traditional view of women; that their role is as helpmeet; wife and mother.  And the 'war on women' pertains to those who think it is perfectly natural and normal for girls and women to aspire to careers, to choose not to marry or choose not to have children; that not every woman wants or needs to be a stay at home wife and mother subservient to her husband.

• Like 20
2 hours ago, Notabug said:

The Ark encounter is all about the bible being literally true and I expect they also stress a very traditional view of women; that their role is as helpmeet; wife and mother.  And the 'war on women' pertains to those who think it is perfectly natural and normal for girls and women to aspire to careers, to choose not to marry or choose not to have children; that not every woman wants or needs to be a stay at home wife and mother subservient to her husband.

Wasn’t that war fought decades ago?

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, AstridM said:

Wasn’t that war fought decades ago?

Not for the fundies.   They believe there is a strict script that all women must follow and anyone who doesn't agree with them is waging a 'war against women' even though I see no one preventing them from living their lives as they wish.  It's the fact that the rest of us don't immediately surrender to their will and do as they do that they claim is a sign of how they are being persecuted.

• Like 19
  • Sad 4
  • LOL 1

IMO, the war on women has never stopped. Sadly, Jinger has no idea that she is standing on the shoulders of so many women who fought before her. Women who write books books using their own feminine name, women who wear pants, women who can vote and women whose voices are heard.

• Like 15
  • Applause 5
41 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

IMO, the war on women has never stopped. Sadly, Jinger has no idea that she is standing on the shoulders of so many women who fought before her. Women who write books books using their own feminine name, women who wear pants, women who can vote and women whose voices are heard.

Not too surprising since Jinger seemingly thinks it is the non-fundies who are intolerant of women's role(s) in society.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
On 3/21/2024 at 2:39 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

I couldn't make taxidermy into an adjective. 😀

I'm pretty sure I've seen "taxidermied" used in a couple of instances, but whether it's an approved term, I couldn't tell you.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Stevie Nicks said:

On Jeremy's Instagram, he's posted a video of him pontificating again. I can't get a link to post correctly. 

That's one of those words that just sound so dirty to me! 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
On 4/3/2024 at 11:40 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

That was tame. I wonder what kind of "anything" questions she gets that don't make the cut? 

I think she’s asking herself all of the questions.

• LOL 7
10 hours ago, Stevie Nicks said:

On Jeremy's Instagram, he's posted a video of him pontificating again. I can't get a link to post correctly. 

He is such a droning bore. It’s always the same info over and over and they present it like it’s some amazing discovery. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 3
17 hours ago, AstridM said:

I think she’s asking herself all of the questions.

If I were Jinger, I'd be questioning my life, too.

• Like 4
  • LOL 17

I didn't listen to Jeremy because, torture. And as most of you I would find living with him even worse.

But Jinger continues to impress me. She managed to start shaking off her childhood right out of the gate and hasn't stopped yet. She has taken each step with tact and diplomacy. It seems sharing her growth has nothing to do with revenge, but more to do with showing how she was able to get to a place of recognizing that the world independent of the Duggar mindset was not so scary and not so evil.

Sure the Vuolos are still uber Fundy and live and play among a more wealthy community, one that Jeremy embraces to the nth degree, but the Vuolo girls are living a relatively mainstream life which is a healthier environment than their cousins.

• Like 13
  • Useful 4

Something as small as the increased odds of Lissy and Evy Jo running into an LGBTQ+ family on a walk, in a grocery store or during a library visit compared to any of their cousins, is a big deal in the scope of things.

• Like 13
On 4/19/2024 at 12:29 PM, GeeGolly said:

Something as small as the increased odds of Lissy and Evy Jo running into an LGBTQ+ family on a walk, in a grocery store or during a library visit compared to any of their cousins, is a big deal in the scope of things.

True, but I'm afraid the message from their parents when they ask about these people they've met won't be much different than what the Duggar kids were told.

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Notabug said:

True, but I'm afraid the message from their parents when they ask about these people they've met won't be much different than what the Duggar kids were told.

True, but they will stop asking and will continue to see LGBTQ+ families often so it will feel typical after a time. The cousins will have less opportunities to see it, so they may ask each and every time, and/or feel its odd because the don't see it often.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Jeremy and Jinger went to ta screening of the movie, Unsung Hero. I know nothing about it except it is based on a true story. On IG Jer has a picture of he and Jinger with Mel Gibson at the screening. 

• Useful 4
39 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

Jeremy and Jinger went to ta screening of the movie, Unsung Hero. I know nothing about it except it is based on a true story. On IG Jer has a picture of he and Jinger with Mel Gibson at the screening. 

Oh dear. Mel is another hate spewer.

• Like 15
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1

Do Jingle and Books not know that Gibs is a strict, uber Catholic? I thought their belief system doesn't abide that? Maybe because he's conservative, and famous, Mr. and Mrs. Books give him a pass.

• Like 10
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I don't even get why Gibson was there. This is apparently an evangelical movie starring the odious Candace Cameron Bure. 

Gibson is an odious evangelical pseudo-Catholic.  He's got more in common with Bure and the Vuolos and their crowd than he does with actual Roman Catholics,

Gibson believes Vatican II, which is now over 60 years old, was heretical and that the Mass should still be in Latin.  He actually built a chapel on his property and has sympathetic priest pals who say the Mass in Latin for him there because he cannot tolerate Mass in the vernacular.  I presume seeing women altar servers and lectors gives him chest pain.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 6
1 minute ago, Notabug said:

Gibson is an odious evangelical pseudo-Catholic.  He's got more in common with Bure and the Vuolos and their crowd than he does with actual Roman Cstholics,

Gibson believes Vatican II, which is now over 60 years old, was heretical and that the Mass should still be in Latin.  He actually built a chapel on his property and has sympathetic priest pals who say the Mass in Latin for him there because he cannot tolerate Mass in English.  I presume seeing women altar servers and lectors gives him chest pain.

IIRC, he's a product of his environment. His father held those beliefs. 

Lots of odiousness to go around. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, DXD526 said:

Do Jingle and Books not know that Gibs is a strict, uber Catholic? I thought their belief system doesn't abide that? Maybe because he's conservative, and famous, Mr. and Mrs. Books give him a pass.

Gibson is not Catholic, he has essentially hijacked the Catholic faith to use as a platform for his own hateful beliefs.

Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

IIRC, he's a product of his environment. His father held those beliefs. 

Lots of odiousness to go around. 

Well, yeah, when your father teaches you that the holocaust was a hoax concocted by the evil Jewish overlords, you don't have a great grounding in reality.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 5
15 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The company you keep, JinJer. Hang out with enough of these people, and you will be guilty by association. 

I doubt Jer cares.  What he really wants is to be famous by association.  He never stops acting like he is super special just because he lives in LA.

• Like 12
  • LOL 3
16 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The company you keep, JinJer. Hang out with enough of these people, and you will be guilty by association. 

And going to the "Ye" concert. That can be taken one of two ways. Or both, I guess.

• Like 9

Jinger did another ask me anything on her IG . The only thing notable was someone asked if they were going to have anymore  kids soon. She said they are enjoying this time with the 2 but have thought they would be nice to have 3.  So there maybe one more eventually.  Guess they are going to be like his family with 3 kids not hers with too many. 

• Useful 6
11 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Jinger did another ask me anything on her IG . The only thing notable was someone asked if they were going to have anymore  kids soon. She said they are enjoying this time with the 2 but have thought they would be nice to have 3.  So there maybe one more eventually.  Guess they are going to be like his family with 3 kids not hers with too many. 

To me, it sounds like she'd like another one, but her headship doesn't.  So, unless she can talk him into it, there will be no more.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Notabug said:

To me, it sounds like she'd like another one, but her headship doesn't.  So, unless she can talk him into it, there will be no more.

And I was thinking the opposite. Jeremy wants a boy, but Jinger is fine with 2 kids. And if the next is not a boy will Jeremy want to try again.

With that said, I don't think either of them want a house full of kids.

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And I was thinking the opposite. Jeremy wants a boy, but Jinger is fine with 2 kids. And if the next is not a boy will Jeremy want to try again.

With that said, I don't think either of them want a house full of kids.

I guess I'm not giving Jinger enough credit for autonomy if that is the case.  If Jer wanted another kid, I don't see Jing opposing him.  If he does and she doesn't; I'd like to think she'd stand up for herself, but I just don't see it.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, Notabug said:

I guess I'm not giving Jinger enough credit for autonomy if that is the case.  If Jer wanted another kid, I don't see Jing opposing him.  If he does and she doesn't; I'd like to think she'd stand up for herself, but I just don't see it.

I don't either. I can't see her ever saying no Jeremy on anything. 

• Like 5