Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: The Hammer

• Start Topic

TUESDAY, FEB. 27 9:00-10:00 p.m. EST

The team comes together to celebrate John and Bailey's wedding; meanwhile, Celina discovers a discrepancy in her case, leading to a new discovery. Elsewhere, Lucy and Tim's relationship is put to the test.

12 hours ago, edhopper said:

Only 20 minutes in, and already up to their stupid plot point quota.

Key word being "stupid" and there was no quota as the entire fiasco was: 'fill in the blank'

All I can say is that was the dumbest story line EVER!!!! Who writes this stuff? The entire story line was confusing and stupid. I used to like NF in Firefly and Castle but the Rookie has been the biggest disappointment ever. Please let this junk go away!!!!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

This 100th episode is totally overhyped and chaotic.

There are so many absurd things being crammed into this episode - before the wedding chaos (cake, DJ, priest, flowers, missed flight/train, missing ring), unfunny Randy, Chastity, The Hammer, Oscar, Monica and Celina getting kidnapped. What’s with John Nolan cold-heartedly throwing a man out of a window, killing him??!

Chenford’s lie detector scene that leads to their first ILY is totally a fan service. I wish this meaningful scene is executed organically instead of shoehorning it like this. It feels cheap.

This show also manages to drag in a Celina/Aaron rebuffed kiss in the middle of everything else. Their purely platonic relationship is beautiful as it is, so why go there?

The only things that I like in this episode are Bailey’s wedding dress, James’ playlist and the return of the garage band. 👍🏻

🎶 Arrest me, but make it sexy… 🎶

• Like 7
(edited)

This show has just turned into one big bad comedy.  Shame, because it did have some potential when it started.  I still like some of the characters but several they've just made insufferable.  I hope this is the last wedding we get for awhile.  Also, what the heck is up with evil red hair lawyer woman?  Is there some group/cabal just keeping her on retainer to take on every scumbag criminal that has had any dealing with this particular precinct?

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
26 minutes ago, milkyaqua said:

Also, what the heck is up with evil red hair lawyer woman?  Is there some group/cabal just keeping her on retainer to take on every scumbag criminal that has had any dealing with this particular precinct?

↑ My thoughts, exactly. Her appearances are really tedious.

• Like 7

The garage band was fun, but even that had me thinking they had forgotten last week’s whole episode about Nolan’s “last shift.” Sgt Gray saved it by saying it was a tape from last week. 

Other than that, it was one stupid thing after another. I get the whole trope about everything going wrong, but these were things that made no sense! And you are going to tell me that the guys made those gorgeous flower arrangements? But Bailey’s wedding cake turned out awful? Well that part makes sense.

Tim gets punched and thrown around by some huge guy in the stupidest plot twist, but is perfectly fine the next day. Not even a bruise.

Are there no other police in the whole station who could have gone to Celine’s rescue? Aaron was drunk, but the others had also been drinking, I assume, being off duty and all. 

I just spent the whole episode muttering and shaking my head. 

• Like 10
6 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

Also, what the heck is up with evil red hair lawyer woman?  Is there some group/cabal just keeping her on retainer to take on every scumbag criminal that has had any dealing with this particular precinct?

Possibly but I think whichever character suggested that Elijah is back rolling the lawsuit is right because I'm pretty sure we saw Elijah meeting with Oscar after he got to prison. I honestly think I'd prefer an evil cabal over potentially more Elijah, who's about a tenth of the effective villain the show seems to think he is.

• Like 4

Did anyone else thing Bailey was dead when she was laying motionless half off of the unmade bed in her wedding dress the next morning? 

7 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

This show has just turned into one big bad comedy. 

If only. I mean, if only they just turned the show into a comedy.

Couldn't Tim and John have put on bulletproof vests?

However, I did think the PSA was organically worked into the script:

• [AARON] my dreams are mainly, um... violent.
  • [CELINA] Yeah. Yeah, me too.
  • [AARON] Yeah, I haven't told anyone that. Not even the shrink.
  • [CELINA] Okay, isn't that exactly the kind of stuff you're supposed to be telling her?
  • [AARON] If I'm trying to get better, yes.
    If I'm trying to get back on patrol, no.
  • Like 5

I'd like to thank The Rookie for giving me the final push to stop watching this train wreck.  What a terrible episode!  Nothing made any sense and it was physically painful to watch with the incredulous grimace I had on my face the whole time.  But I'm free now and no longer feel the tiniest bit sorry to have deleted this show from my watch list.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
(edited)
17 hours ago, AES13 said:

I'd like to thank The Rookie for giving me the final push to stop watching this train wreck.  What a terrible episode!  Nothing made any sense and it was physically painful to watch with the incredulous grimace I had on my face the whole time.  But I'm free now and no longer feel the tiniest bit sorry to have deleted this show from my watch list.

I should probably do the same, and yet…

If Richard T. Jones (Captain Sergeant Grey) could officiate at more weddings, that would be a societal improvement.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 5

Well..  I have to say I did expect some of their nemesis to invade the wedding venue, kidnap someone or take hostages etc etc and I was really surprised this did not happened.
Of course, near the end we had the stupidest of "action" plots: the almost drunk off duty police officers going to Celina's rescue (who she also did the less logical police action to leave a wedding and go to save an informer WITHOUT backup, but I guess some spirit/juju/magic told her to do so..)

But my main question, in this life and the next... is WHO ON EARTH FINDS RANDY FUNNY? 
And why you leave a certified idiot like him alone at your place on your wedding day? Seriously it would be safer to invite Eli**h

• Like 6
17 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Did anyone else thing Bailey was dead when she was laying motionless half off of the unmade bed in her wedding dress the next morning?

Yup, I was very disappointed to be wrong.

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I should probably do the same, and yet…

If Richard T. Jones (Captain Grey) could officiate at more weddings, that would be a societal improvement.

As a way to subscribe on the mobile site.

Sergeant not Captain Grey. Since killing off the Mid Wilshire Captain, making the "Night General" a dirty detective and losing Lopez's Lieutenant since she is no longer a rookie detective the watch commander Sergeant Grey and Tim's Metro Division liason Sergent to Mid Wilshire have been the higher ranks on the show.

• Thanks 1

I guess the show held back in 2 ways this episode -

• They didn't bring that documentary crew back to capture the wedding and hijinks, and for Alexi Hawley to make an appearance on the 100th episode.
  • Bailey is not the one who ran some guy out the window (???) to save Celina.

Sigh.  This was rough.  There is a target audience who loved it, but I am on an island (a well-populated one, I presume) not caring for it.  Wedding vows do not as a rule make me tear up, but a lot of tv couples will get me feeling something.  Not these two!  I was just like, "when is this going to be over, these words are not penetrating at all."

Bridget Regan's lawyer character is a clone or a hologram because she cannot be this busy and this omnipresent in this LAPD station's lives.  I really like Bridget, but this Monica character, meh.  Does Alexi Hawley hate redheads?  Was his long-time childhood bully a redhead?

I am capable of saying something nice, so - everyone looked good in their wedding attire.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, sweetandsour said:

There is a target audience who loved it, but I am on an island (a well-populated one, I presume) not caring for it.

I read on Reddit that they seem to be doing a lot of fan service in their scripts.
I guess their fan base is under 15 years old or something? 
The thing is, I signed in for a different show, the first season I could not wait to see next episode, it was quite a good-feeling and lighthearted series.
They have turned it to a bad copy of Castle, with unnecessary soapish drama full with  stupid writing and cliches,  that they are not even executed well. 
I think it is morphing into Law and Order SVU with Fillion being the new Mariska and his character having become "Saint Nolan". Which I could still tolerate if the writing was good.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, Zaffy said:

I think it is morphing into Law and Order SVU with Fillion being the new Mariska and his character having become "Saint Nolan". Which I could still tolerate if the writing was good.

Actually, now that you mention it, haven't they pretty much stopped with the "Saint Nolan" platitudes that were in every episode in the first season?
Or am I just immune to them now?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 2/28/2024 at 6:30 PM, shapeshifter said:

I was crossing my fingers. Guess that superstition didn't work. 

It was an awful episode, no doubt.

I think every bit of Nathan's age looks mighty fine. (not a grandma)

• Like 1
  • Wink 2

At least the wedding was short. 

I hope they didn't upgrade everything when the planner said their stuff would look shabby at the new venue.  I wasn't paying that much attention.  I get annoyed when people spend a lot of money on a one-day party.

It was a weird episode with things going wrong and then resolved quickly, but I'm glad they didn't linger on any of wedding mishaps.

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Johannah said:

I get annoyed when people spend a lot of money on a one-day party.

Given that we decided to be married by a judge in his chambers, and had a party in our backyard later, I'm with you. We thought we could put our money to better use. But then, we're pretty frugal people.

• Like 2
On 2/28/2024 at 8:30 PM, shapeshifter said:

I was hoping.

• Wink 1
  • Fire 1
(edited)

Reminded me of a scene in a James Bond movie. I don't remember which one, but the bride was played by Priscilla Barnes.

Edited by tv echo