Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E18: In Sickness & Suspicion

• Start Topic

With decision day approaching fast, some couples begin to see things in a different light; the newlyweds gain new insight when they gather their friends for a housewarming party; a familiar face returns with a surprising revelation.

Air date: 2/21/2024

• Applause 1

Unless the familiar face is Hank, the dog's, I am not interested. But, I am assuming that it will be Cam's, and I would like to hear his revelation. If he says he realized that he missed Clare, I am going to insist that he get off the meds he is taking. How cool would it be if the revelation is that he faked the whole surgery thing because he couldn't think of any other way to keep her away? Or, that he is engaged to one of his nurses and will marry her as soon as the divorce is settled.

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
4 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

With decision day approaching fast, some couples begin to see things in a different light; the newlyweds gain new insight when they gather their friends for a housewarming party; a familiar face returns with a surprising revelation.

Air date: 2/21/2024

Didn't they already do the stupid housewarming parties? Clare and Cam had the fight about ordering food? Emily's friends drank too much and managed to make even Brennan look good with their rudeness? How many times do we need to warm this temporary housing?

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
Just now, Elizzikra said:

Didn't they already do the stupid housewarming parties? Clare and Cam had the fight about ordering food? Emily's friends drank too much and managed to make even Brennan look good with their rudeness? How many times do we need to warm this temporary housing?

I took the description from the Lifetime website. Could they have screwed it up? I guess we'll see on Wednesday! 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Actually we still have to suffer through Michael and Chloe's housewarming party.  I think that's what that's referring to there.  It's going to be like deja vu all over again.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Didn't they already do the stupid housewarming parties? Clare and Cam had the fight about ordering food?

I think this one is just for Michael and Chloe, since they are late to the party.

ETA- OK, note to myself, next time READ the responses before jumping in to post something!

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

I think this one is just for Michael and Chloe, since they are late to the party.

ETA- OK, note to myself, next time READ the responses before jumping in to post something!

Mehhhhh. That’s one more too many.

I don’t think Brennan would have stayed at the hospital if the cameras hadn’t been there. He looked annoyed.
Becca and her stomach problems were gross to hear about. I think Ball Cap is turned off by her acne problem. 
Why is Orion back? Im glad Lauren called him out in his bullshit for the cameras. He’s such a lying liar! 
Chloe doesn’t want to admit that Michaels dressing like a freak is a turnoff. She also called him fashion forward but that is not fashion forward. I don’t think they’ll make it.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Just in case you might be wondering, Chloe lets us know that it’s a lot. About a thousand times in one conversation. Oh, and then there is the processing of all the a lot-ness, as well as a lot of processing.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

Austin pets Becca like a horse.  Let it go, Becca.

why doesn't he just tell her that there will be no sex until after decision day

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

Emily wants to “keep the post-trauma happy vibes going.”  Bless her heart.  I do have to commend the way he has tended to her during her recovery, but Brennan will leave his car running in the parking lot during his turn on Decision Day.  He has had one foot out the door since day one. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

I think Brennan would have stayed because she did look really bad in that hospital bed.  He might not even like her, but he didn't want her to be alone.

I mean - how uncaring of a person would you have to be to leave her there alone like that? I don't really like Emily and I don't even know her but I'd have stayed with her. 

I don’t think he’s interested in having sex with her at all.

Ever.

The conversations that Chloe and Michael are having with the friends is such cliche-ridden bullshit. 

All of these people take 10,000 words to say what they could say in about five (and at least half of those million are "like"). I'm sick of all the words and all the passive voice... "I'm made to feel like..." instead of "when you do X, I feel Y." The experts are the worst. I could not believe Pastor Cal saying that Austin and Becca's problems aren't about what's in the bedroom. Yes. Yes they are. They are pretty much ok on everything else - they just don't have sex and Austin doesn't really want to. It's a lovely platonic friendship.

Also, could someone teach Brennan how to neatly twirl pasta on a fork?

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3

Chloe constantly licking her lips is annoying.  She really thinks she’s the cats meow.

From day one, Brennen looks like he doesn’t want to be there at all.  He looks disinterested all the time.  Like he wants to be somewhere else.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

I think what Emily and Brennan and the experts are all missing is that Brennan prefers head-injured Emily to woo-hoo Emily. They aren't getting along because Emily is injured; they are getting along because Emily isn't out drinking and partying and woohooing...

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 4
39 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

The conversations that Chloe and Michael are having with the friends is such cliche-ridden bullshit. 

I think they both were put there as a fill in.  They both don’t seem genuine in the marriage.  Chloe looks like she has a script and is following it.  It just doesn’t look like a real marriage to me.  She has a lot to say, and I can’t figure out what that is.  It’s a lot of gibberish coming from her.  Him too.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Can any of these people talk without saying like every other word? It drives me crazy. What was up with Becca having a sock on one foot when they were in the hot tub? Is she injured too?

Chloe doesn’t talk like a real person; I just have never known people who speak in therapy speak all the time. I wonder if she ever just talks about a movie or something.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Note to Chloe: Your weepy begging is a pathetic turn-off. Fuhgeddaboutit. And Austin is a consummate liar. He's "trying to work on things"?! To feel lust?!   

He trimmed his beard! Hold me back. 🤣

ETA: I don't see Chloe deciding to stay. She said it all with her moving out for a few days. 

ETA 2: Sorry for the mistaken name "Chloe" above! It is indeed "Note to Becca". 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
34 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Note to Chloe: Becca Your weepy begging is a pathetic turn-off. Fuhgeddaboutit. And Austin is a consummate liar. He's "trying to work on things"?! To feel lust?!   

He trimmed his beard! Hold me back. 🤣

FIFY

So, no comments about Cameron? He has an arterial flutter, and not arterial fibrillation. Talking to Brennan, he seemed to really have a hard time catching his breath. 

I'm confused because it appears like many of them, he appears one way on camera and another way off camera. He told Brennan that if Claire said yes on DDay, he'd continue with the marriage.

Then in the preview for next week, we see Claire telling Emily that Cameron is going on dates as well as Brennan? They're going on double dates? Is that what I heard? SMH

Finally, Austin throws in the towel and moves out. I like Becca and genuinely feel sorry for her, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see the attraction just wasn't there for him. 

• Like 8
4 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Emily thinks her marriage is in the bag.  I don’t think so.  I think he feels trapped now.

I think they’re both  enjoying this positive attention but they’re still in the shallow end of the pool

Why do they keep changing the story about Becca and Austen at the couples retreat, it’s absolute crap

If i want my posts merged why can’t i make that choice, geez I’m always in a pissy mood after i watch MAFS

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Can any of these people talk without saying like every other word? It drives me crazy. What was up with Becca having a sock on one foot when they were in the hot tub? Is she injured too?

Chloe doesn’t talk like a real person; I just have never known people who speak in therapy speak all the time. I wonder if she ever just talks about a movie or something.

Chloe thinks she’s  a people person, more a self ego person, she is odd indeed

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

The experts are the worst. I could not believe Pastor Cal saying that Austin and Becca's problems aren't about what's in the bedroom. Yes. Yes they are. They are pretty much ok on everything else - they just don't have sex and Austin doesn't really want to. It's a lovely platonic friendship.

I thought the same thing but I think Cal was just grasping at being able to talk about something because Austin won't let them discuss the 800 pound gorilla in the room on camera.  At least Pepper was able to get one comment in about how a woman not feeling sexually desired by her partner is corrosive to a relationship.  Amen to that. 

Becca said in the Afterparty that she can't talk about Austin and sex because he doesn't want his business made public.  That's why Becca and Austin's meeting with the experts was so choppy and they all danced around the point.  I think he is hiding something big like maybe he was abused as a child or had something else traumatic happen that causes him to have sexual hang ups or take longer to trust someone enough to have sex.  But then Becca leaked in the Afterparty that he didn't give her the impression that it always takes him so long to have sex.  So he is sending her mixed messages and we'll likely never know what the real story is.  I would bet that it has something to do with whatever his sexual hang ups are that he won't talk about on camera.  And I really doubt he's being honest with Becca about them in private either.  It looks like he is avoiding dealing with Becca altogether in private.  I think his sexual hang ups are why he is still single.  He's damaged goods.  

What pisses me off is that he is gaslighting Becca by making her think he wants her when they're on camera and then doing the opposite in private.  He is trying to pass himself off as "doing whatever he can to make the relationship work" but he's not doing it.  And he's making Becca think she's going insane by denying the truth.  Having been down that road in my distant past I really feel for her.  But the "experts" pissed me off here because they always take his promises at face value.  The whole problem is that he keeps promising and doing the opposite so do they really think him promising again is going to change anything?  Unbelievable!

2 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Finally, Austin throws in the towel and moves out. I like Becca and genuinely feel sorry for her, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see the attraction just wasn't there for him. 

Oh, she sees it, that's why she's crying so much.  But she's also crying because he's trying to pass himself off as wanting her and the relationship when he clearly doesn't.  And it's messing with her emotions because of course she wants to doubt what her gut is telling her and believe his BS.  He is gaslighting her pure and simple. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
2 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Then in the preview for next week, we see Claire telling Emily that Cameron is going on dates as well as Brennan? They're going on double dates? Is that what I heard? SMH

And yet both men are saying they will not say "no" on DD either, so WTF?  Are they advocating cheating?  They are both full of shit.  Again with the men saying they're all in on the marriage but acting just the opposite!  They say whatever they think makes them look good on camera and then do whatever they want as soon as the cameras stop rolling.

6 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Emily thinks her marriage is in the bag.  I don’t think so.  I think he feels trapped now.

Poor thing, I feel bad for her.  She looked visibly upset and trying to hide it on the Afterparty.  He set her up again and let her down.  He's a liar that does everything for the cameras.  He even told her on camera about how the accident made him trust her so much more.  Talk about leading someone on!  No wonder her hopes were up after that.  I wouldn't have fell for it myself but I can't blame her for hoping.

On 2/19/2024 at 4:52 PM, Crashcourse said:

I think Brennan would have stayed because she did look really bad in that hospital bed.  He might not even like her, but he didn't want her to be alone.

I think that's giving him too much credit.  If the cameras weren't rolling he'd have run for that car he had idling out in the parking lot in a hot minute.

6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

OMG, the guy has zero manners!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, endure said:

Chloe thinks she’s  a people person, more a self ego person, she is odd indeed

That stupid get- up she was wearing like a hippy.  What’s she, about 50 yrs old, lol.  Bad Actress.  The camera gives her a closeup.  Get the hell out of here.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

This show was good in the beginning.  They must have different producers, as it’s horrible lately.  Wish they would bring back Australia.  That show was much better,  but disappeared into thin air in the middle of a season.  Now, I have to watch the After Party with Keisha.  Ugh ! 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

This show was good in the beginning.  They must have different producers, as it’s horrible lately.  Wish they would bring back Australia.  That show was much better,  but disappeared into thin air in the middle of a season.  Now, I have to watch the After Party with Keisha.  Ugh ! 

Yes!!! I remember when it was three couples and I didn't fast forward through the show!!

I was really getting in to the Australia show too, then poof it was gone.

Now were stuck with Emily stuck on the 0% chance that Brennan wants to be married to her!!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

FIFY

So, no comments about Cameron? He has an arterial flutter, and not arterial fibrillation. Talking to Brennan, he seemed to really have a hard time catching his breath. 

I'm confused because it appears like many of them, he appears one way on camera and another way off camera. He told Brennan that if Claire said yes on DDay, he'd continue with the marriage.

Austin needs a lively fun girl in her twenties.  Not a woman like Becca who looks over thirty, has some health issues and is needy.  Not blaming her either, but they are totally mismatched.  He’s is just waiting fir decision day.  Same with Emily and Brennen.  They matched him with an alcoholic party girl.  What were they thinking?  For drama?  It didn’t work.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I mean - how uncaring of a person would you have to be to leave her there alone like that? I don't really like Emily and I don't even know her but I'd have stayed with her. 

Ever.

All of these people take 10,000 words to say what they could say in about five (and at least half of those million are "like"). I'm sick of all the words and all the passive voice... "I'm made to feel like..." instead of "when you do X, I feel Y." The experts are the worst. I could not believe Pastor Cal saying that Austin and Becca's problems aren't about what's in the bedroom. Yes. Yes they are. They are pretty much ok on everything else - they just don't have sex and Austin doesn't really want to. It's a lovely platonic friendship.

Cracks me up .. they pick a guy who constantly looks away and looks disgusted all the time.  He has that f..k face going on all the time like he’s disgusted to be there.  Whoever did the picking should be fired.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
16 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Austin needs a lively fun girl in her twenties.  Not a woman like Becca who looks over thirty, has some health issues and is needy.  Not blaming her either, but they are totally mismatched.  He’s is just waiting fir decision day.  Same with Emily and Brennen.  They matched him with an alcoholic party girl.  What were they thinking?  For drama?  It didn’t work.

Becca is 32, Austin is 31. Becca turned 32 during filming, so she and Austin were the same age when they married. And Becca’s health issues don’t seem to slow her down much - the sickest she’s been was whatever stomach ailment she had on the retreat.

I think Becca’s neediness is in part due to knowing Austin doesn’t like her That Way and really wanting him to, and clinging to the hope that something might be there since he continually says he’ll “try,” but like … try to do what? Nobody wants pity attention. He does show her affection, which I think keeps her hope fires burning.

Austin doesn’t seem lively or overly fun to me, and a party girl in her 20s like Emily doesn’t strike me as a match for him either. Austin seems nice and pleasant to be around, but not like a partier.

I find Chloe to be kind of annoying with her therapy-speak.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Can any of these people talk without saying like every other word?

Between that and starting sentences with, "I mean,. . ." They haven't said anything yet, so they don't need to clarify anything!!! 

Once I was interviewing people for a position on my team, and one of the candidates used 'like' extensively. I did stop her and call attention to it and asked if she could stop saying it because one of the responsibilities of our group included giving PROFESSONAL presentations to senior leadership and I would not be able to send her out. She was unable to stop.

I fell asleep during the show, so will have to watch it this morning. I am curious to see Cam. It was very hard to watch Becca with the 'experts' because she was so broken.  But, the more she lets herself become that way, she has to see that Austin, or any other man, will never be interested. And she has to gain or regain some self-confidence, which is not happening. 

I think that if Austin did tell her that he wanted to wait until Decision Day to have sex, at least she could stop trying to seduce him and be rejected. Nothing will happen after D Day, but it would give them a little break.

ETA - I am watching now - JUST STOP TALKING, Becca and Austin. It's NOT going to get better. You are NOT both working on it.

I really don't like Chloe at all. She thinks she is way better than she is. But, I was very happy to see pets again. Well, not the cats, but the dogs were cute. Sorry - not a cat person. Deathly allergic. But, what the hell is she wearing on her head? Michael says the right words, but the fact that they have only been together for 7 days, including the honeymoon, and she needs to go home to recharge for 3 days, says it all.

Speaking of saying it all, it looks like next week will have some action. Austin walks out, Cam and Brennan want to double date???? (I meant they want to date women and go together - not date each other.)

All hopes are on Michael and that awful Chloe? Well, maybe they will be the only ones to have sex since they are shopping for kinky toys together.  I bet Dr. Pia loves that!

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Why did Cam say that he would say yes on decision day if Clare says yes?  That made zero sense.  And he basically told Brendan that Clare wasn't offering support because no support was needed, he was either in the hospital or recovering at home.  Aren't those 2 scenarios when you would actually need support?  I think he is just a really odd person.  And it sounds like he is still blaming the show and Clare for causing stress that may have caused his condition.  In looking up what he has, it doesn't seem like its stress related.   I have no idea why these two keep claiming they are such good friends and describing each other as "the best person they've ever met" but yet they don't even seem to want to talk on the phone (esp Cam), never mind see each other.  

Edited by Katie111
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1

I think she had a new tattoo that she wasn't supposed to get wet; that's why her foot was out of the tub. I think the sock was just to keep it warm. But yeah - some explanation would have been nice.

Austin needs a lively fun girl in her twenties.  Not a woman like Becca who looks over thirty, has some health issues and is needy. 

There are actually some fun and lively people in their 30's and beyond. I think Becca is actually more lively and energetic than Austin. I also don't think Becca is needy. She doesn't want a sexless marriage; a lot of people don't. I think she is trying to work with what the experts gave her and it's not her fault they totally mismatched her.

Why did Cam say that he would say yes on decision day if Clare says yes?  That made zero sense.  And he basically told Brendan that Clare wasn't offering support because no support was needed, he was either in the hospital or recovering at home.  Aren't those 2 scenarios when you would actually need support?  I think he is just a really odd person.  

Yeah - that was weird. Clare might have missed him but I didn't. I'm glad he's ok but I find him a little off-putting as well and I didn't need him back. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Michael's faces when Chloe said she wanted to go to her apartment for a few days were like, "WTF?!!" Again, I wonder if fear she was quitting crept in. It came off as self-centered & one-sided. She didn't consult with him & just decided. Good thing he's so kind & supportive. I wish he would've said what he was thinking about her deciding that. No hug or kiss goodbye, that was shown, YIKES! 😬 Feels like pulling away. Seems like this experiment is designed for some people to fail because it's so fast & certain types of people can't do that & I guess don't know that til they try it. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
(edited)

I would love to see some background footage of what the heck these people are up to when the cameras aren't on them. It's like they have two totally different "shows" going on. 

My theory on Austin is he liked Becca and then excitement of being on TV at first.  Then the thought of bedding a woman who wasn't thin got the better of him. He doesn't want to say that out loud so because it wouldn't play well on TV so he just bobbles along till he can escape. They could have been good friends if they hadn't had the sex thing to deal with. 

Edited by DocTerv
Complete sentences are a good thing
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Cracks me up .. they pick a guy who constantly looks away and looks disgusted all the time.  He has that f..k face going on all the time like he’s disgusted to be there.  Whoever did the picking should be fired.

You sound just like my husband.  He imitates that face and cracks me up every time.  You'd think the guy was smelling a dog turd.

3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I think Becca’s neediness is in part due to knowing Austin doesn’t like her That Way and really wanting him to, and clinging to the hope that something might be there since he continually says he’ll “try,” but like … try to do what? Nobody wants pity attention. He does show her affection, which I think keeps her hope fires burning.

I got the impression in this episode that some of that is done out of obligation.  He asked her in one scene if she wanted him to hold or cuddle her and she said "no".  Anyone with any ounce of empathy and sense would have known that that was NOT the right moment to ask her if she wanted that.  I think he is clueless and doing things he thinks are the right thing but are really far off the mark and not necessarily coming from his heart.

2 hours ago, Katie111 said:

Why did Cam say that he would say yes on decision day if Clare says yes?  That made zero sense.  And he basically told Brendan that Clare wasn't offering support because no support was needed, he was either in the hospital or recovering at home.  Aren't those 2 scenarios when you would actually need support?  I think he is just a really odd person.  And it sounds like he is still blaming the show and Clare for causing stress that may have caused his condition.  In looking up what he has, it doesn't seem like its stress related.   I have no idea why these two keep claiming they are such good friends and describing each other as "the best person they've ever met" but yet they don't even seem to want to talk on the phone (esp Cam), never mind see each other.  

I think many of them this season are acting for the cameras.  They say they want one thing but it's obvious that they don't and when the cameras are off they don't care one fig for their spouses.  Are they doing it because production wants them to and it's in their contract that they have to act on camera like they're trying and seeing the relationship through past decision day?  I'm beginning to wonder if that's what it is.  If so, they're not fooling anyone and it's only wrecking up the show altogether for the audience.

55 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

There are actually some fun and lively people in their 30's and beyond. I think Becca is actually more lively and energetic than Austin. I also don't think Becca is needy. She doesn't want a sexless marriage; a lot of people don't. I think she is trying to work with what the experts gave her and it's not her fault they totally mismatched her.

I agree with you 10,000%.  Like Pepper said, it's corrosive to a relationship for a woman not to feel desired.  I was reduced to that pile of blubbering Jello once myself by a guy who did similar to me and I'm far from a needy person in a relationship.  And I wasn't even married to him - Imagine if I was?  Austin is not just not having sex with her, he is leading her on on camera and not following through when the cameras are off.  What we are seeing from Becca is not neediness on her part in my opinion - this is how a person acts when someone is gaslighting them.  It's different.  They are constantly leading you on and dropping you like a hot potato.  After a while you become exasperated and think you're going out of your mind.  No one but you sees what they're doing in private, too, which only makes the world not understand why you're acting that way.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

I think Clare has rebuilt some kind of fantasy in her mind since she hasn't seen Cam for a while. She has turned him into this wonderful, smart, amazing man in her mind, when she had absolutely no feelings for him all when they were together. She was cold and indifferent and condescending to him all the time.  I think she doesn't like the fact that he didn't seem to miss her. I think she has been enjoying playing the role of the dutiful wife, and going to all the couples' activities, and not having to do much at all, since her marriage is done. I have no idea why Cam would say that he would say yes if Clare did. What if they asked him first?

Clare wasn't that excited about his career in the first place, and now that he has been diagnosed with his heart condition, he said it would be a long time before he could resume his biking activities. That is going to lead to a very depressed man - is that what she wants?

I think it is going to be a very short D Day show this season, since most of the couples seem to have already split up.

• Like 4

Boring season. How come MAFS Australia, in a country with 26 million people, can find 10 or 12 good looking, somewhat interesting, couples and the U.S. MAFS can't find five? They should stop trying to force mismatched people to be hot for each other.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I tried watching MAFS Australia and didn't care for it. For one thing, the couples are not legally married, so there really isn't any incentive to make the relationships work. Also, the participants seem to be really "out there." 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1