Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Feeling Uncomfy

• Start Topic

First off, Brittany was wearing either way too much makeup or way too harsh of makeup in the pods because it is a night and day difference now that they're on the beach.  She actually looks her age and so much better!

Chelsea needs to end it now because Jimmy's uncanny ability to say all the wrong things is giving her issues.  She so obviously is feeling insecure while he's out there making inappropriate comments about other women's bodies. 

And while we're on the subject, poor AD!  First Clay is saying that he'll order her to the gym if he feels she's gotten out of shape, then Jimmy feels the need to talk about her butt, then there was the entire "bean dip" incident.  She handled all of that with a crazy amount of grace and restraint, when honestly, so many apologies were owed to her.

• Like 16
1 hour ago, Samwise979 said:

Omg. Chelsea getting jealous when Jimmy was talking to AD meanwhile the whole conversation was Jimmy gushing over AD and Clay's relationship 😂 that is one insecure woman. 

Let's be real though, Jimmy went over and talked to AD after first saying. "Hey, check out her ass!" He's a creep.  Also, he's so full of crap.  His going on about how his relationship is going to smoothest when there are so, so many issues.  You could tell AD was just tolerating his drunk butt and that fool just kept going.  

Chelsea's ridiculous in that she chose "woe is me" Jimmy over Trevor, whom she actually seemed to have fun with.  It's like Trevor was too into her, so she went with Jimmy, who she constantly has to seek validation from.  Let me save you some time, Chelsea, he's just not that into you.

• Like 17
  • Applause 2
(edited)

I dunno. You all are coming down hard on Chelsea, but I think Jimmy is the problem here.

Jimmy got sold (IMO) on Chelsea by her saying that people have said she is reminiscent of Megan Fox. Which...is not exactly in the same ballpark in my mind, but I could at least see some people making the comparison sincerely or as flattery. At least, if I were to come up with a celebrity who she resembles, I can't come up with an obviously better fit.

Of their times in the pods that we were shown, Jimmy said he enjoyed laughing with Chelsea and said he enjoyed the idea of travelling with her. Not much, if anything, about what about her character attracted him.

I think that Jimmy is a good-looking superficial dude. He chose her over Jessica because the notion of a Megan Fox lookalike who he can travel around the world with was more exciting than a single mom (who he probably envisioned as having a body more like Chelsea's). 

I think unlike all the other guys on the reveal, Jimmy didn't seem at all enthusiastic once he actually saw her. The others did the ring-giving almost immediately, and he slow-walked it. 

I think Chelsea has started to sense Jimmy's got some regrets. And Jimmy was much more excited about seeing AD and talking to her than he's shown in hanging with Chelsea in person. Now, I don't know if Chelsea was imagining Jimmy twirling AD completely, if she mistook AD deciding to twirl for him, or what went on there. Same with whether Jimmy spent much of the evening leaving her alone. So it could be that her complaints about being abandoned by Jimmy are true. If they are true, obviously Chelsea's got a legitimate gripe.

But even assuming it's largely in her head, Jimmy didn't do himself any favors. It's easier as an older third-party to say that the answer she was clearly looking for was an easy one: listen to what she's saying and let her know she was being heard. "Babe, I'm sorry I made you feel alone. I'm sorry that I didn't spend more time hanging out with you. You're my choice and I'll do what I can each and every day to make you know how much I love you." There was some of that, but there was also a bunch of cutting her off when she was explaining how she was feeling, and no taking accountability for his role in that. 

As a LIB veteran, I expect that there is going to be some pre-wedding reunion of the cast where Jimmy will see what Jessica looks like and will react like a cartoon wolf. 

I feel bad for Chelsea not only because of that, but she is one of the few borderline plus-sized women who has gotten cast and a proposal. I think she's still attractive bodywise, but I can see how many people might disagree.

As for the rest of the case, I think this is a first for us to have gotten to the mid-point of the season without any participants to have revealed themselves as obviously having psychological problems, ill intentions, or the like.

I think Clay is too much of a jerk for the marriage to work. The "Get your ass to the gym" hopefully is a big enough red flag. 

I think Amy/Johnny and Brittany/Kenneth are going to make it and the rest are going to crash and burn.

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Let's be real though, Jimmy went over and talked to AD after first saying. "Hey, check out her ass!" He's a creep.  Also, he's so full of crap.  His going on about how his relationship is going to smoothest when there are so, so many issues.  You could tell AD was just tolerating his drunk butt and that fool just kept going.  

Chelsea's ridiculous in that she chose "woe is me" Jimmy over Trevor, whom she actually seemed to have fun with.  It's like Trevor was too into her, so she went with Jimmy, who she constantly has to seek validation from.  Let me save you some time, Chelsea, he's just not that into you.

I found it telling when Trevor was like, "If I asked you first, would you have said yes?" and she didn't have an answer for him. It seemed to me that she was guarded about her feelings until she could be sure that she had a proposal in hand. She decided she rather take the bird in the hand of Jimmy's proposal, and if Trevor proposed first, she would have taken that proposal. 

• Like 12

I believe Chelsea caused her own problems with Jimmy.  There was no reason for her to tell him that people think she looks like Megan Fox.  She knew that would put the idea in his head that she was attractive.  Now she has to live up to that fact and in Jimmy's eyes she did not.  I believe she realizes that Jessica is better looking than her and it is really bothering her what Jimmy will do when he sees Jessica.  I think Chelsea loved the idea that she won Jimmy over Jessica.  I really think Chelsea would have been a better match with Trevor.  

• Like 7

Questions for LIB vets who might have better memories than me:

If we are to take the women at their word, none of the couples have yet had sex. Is this the first time that has happened? My sense was that previously almost all got it on except in the cases of obviously incompatible couples.

Is Chelsea the first woman to effectively have two men who were willing to propose to her?

• Useful 1

Chelsea was the cool, fun girl in the pods.  Traveler girl.  Flight attendant girl.  Giggling, Megan Fox (wannabe) lookalike girl.

Who wouldn't want that?

Chelsea, one step outside the curb of the studio:  insecure, needy, emotional, whiny, more Rachel Dratch/less Megan Fox.

Jimmy ain't no prize neither.

Jessica, bullet:  dodged.  

Yes, girl, you should have told him much earlier about how your precious, best-daughter-in-the-world.  You shouldn't come on this show and want to move in with a stranger and put a child through any sort of risk.  

Why would anyone do that to a child?

• Like 14

Jimmy's certainly saying all the right things but his body language (and stare into the camera during the reveal) say he's less than enthusiastic about Chelsea. I think he's very camera aware and going through the motions so he's not to be publicly branded an asshole. Oh, and he looks like a thumb with ears.

Six seasons in, these people know how this show operates and look at doing it as a way to increase their social media following, open the doors to other reality TV offers, get a free vacation, etc. Most are not coming into it truly looking for a lifetime commitment, despite what they say.

Chelsea a bundle of insecurity and she got too involved in the competition aspect. I think she & Trevor would've been a much better match.

I hated how everyone was fetishing AB's body. WTF was up with Laura telling her man to flick AB's nipples? I thought AB handled that and Chelsea yelling out JImmy's comments as well as she could but, as a viewer, I was insulted. 

The only couple that seems solid is Amy & Johnny. Finally, there is no way Kenneth is 25, dude looks 40ish.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

As a LIB veteran, I expect that there is going to be some pre-wedding reunion of the cast where Jimmy will see what Jessica looks like and will react like a cartoon wolf. 

I feel bad for Chelsea not only because of that, but she is one of the few borderline plus-sized women who has gotten cast and a proposal. I think she's still attractive bodywise, but I can see how many people might disagree.

Does anybody remember S2 couple Danielle and Nick? Chelsea reminds me so much of Danielle.  They look very much alike with the same body type and Danielle was so insecure that, IMHO, she drove away Nick because he had to constantly reassure her of his love.  That would get old really quick!

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
5 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I found it telling when Trevor was like, "If I asked you first, would you have said yes?" and she didn't have an answer for him. It seemed to me that she was guarded about her feelings until she could be sure that she had a proposal in hand. She decided she rather take the bird in the hand of Jimmy's proposal, and if Trevor proposed first, she would have taken that proposal. 

Trevor called her on it too. He was like, well, that sucks for Jimmy.

Clay talks a lot about how he needs what AD brings/does, but nothing about what he can do for her aside from telling her she needs to work out, which was really rude. I don’t like him.

Chelsea and Jimmy are both annoying. She’s really needy, and I think part of that is feeling that Jimmy’s not that into her. Jimmy is just kind of tactless and clearly not that into her.

50 minutes ago, snarts said:

I hated how everyone was fetishing AB's body. WTF was up with Laura telling her man to flick AB's nipples?

It was so gross. AD was graceful about it but it was really gross. Chelsea said she made an uncomfortable situation more comfortable… comfortable for who, Chels? Probably not AD.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Trevor dodged a bullet. Why in the world would he want a woman who'd accept whichever marriage proposal came first!

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 2/18/2024 at 12:11 PM, LakeGal said:

I believe Chelsea caused her own problems with Jimmy.  There was no reason for her to tell him that people think she looks like Megan Fox.  She knew that would put the idea in his head that she was attractive.  Now she has to live up to that fact and in Jimmy's eyes she did not.

I also think she caused the issue with AD too.  She "cool girled" her way into a jealous funk. The way Jimmy felt so free to tell her how stacked AD was and how she said "you can tell me anything" makes me think they've discussed being able to freely share who they felt was attractive. 

Then she had to show how "cool" she was by sharing it with AD (which she really really did not need to do.)  And by her doing that, Jimmy felt he needed to go over and talk to AD because that created a weird situation.  He shouldn't have kept the conversation going as long as he did but Chelsea only has herself to blame that it happened at all and she immediately got jealous.

On 2/18/2024 at 12:28 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Questions for LIB vets who might have better memories than me:

If we are to take the women at their word, none of the couples have yet had sex. Is this the first time that has happened? My sense was that previously almost all got it on except in the cases of obviously incompatible couples.

Is Chelsea the first woman to effectively have two men who were willing to propose to her?

I don't know that none of them had sex.  From what I can recall, as soon as sex came up, it looks like Amy stood up and walked away to find Johnny. I read that as her not wanting to have that conversation on camera--and that made me think that they probably did have sex.  And I don't recall AD saying whether or not she had sex but rather she said to the others "so none of you guys had sex" but I don't recall her saying whether or not she and Clay did.  She told the camera that she was willing and I have a hard time believing Clay would say no. 

I don't recall what has happened in the past.

As for Chelsea being the first woman to have two men willing to propose, she's not.  Natalie had someone other than Shane propose to her but we weren't shown that footage. I think most of the time, the women eventually cut things off before it gets to the proposal stage.  For instance, the way things were edited made it seem like Kwame might have proposed to Micah (who eventually went with Paul) but she dumped him and he ended up pivoting to Chelsea. 

I'm sure there were others I don't remember or we weren't shown.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't recall AD saying whether or not she had sex but rather she said to the others "so none of you guys had sex" but I don't recall her saying whether or not she and Clay did. 

I think she said things “got hot” but they didn’t have sex.

• Useful 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I also think she caused the issue with AD too.  She "cool girled" her way into a jealous funk. The way Jimmy felt so free to tell her how stacked AD was and how she said "you can tell me anything" makes me think they've discussed being able to freely share who they felt was attractive. 

Then she had to show how "cool" she was by sharing it with AD (which she really really did not need to do.)  And by her doing that, Jimmy felt he needed to go over and talk to AD because that created a weird situation.  He shouldn't have kept the conversation going as long as he did but Chelsea only has herself to blame that it happened at all and she immediately got jealous.

I read it a little differently... there's no doubt Chelsea is insecure and that is making her and Jimmy a very bad match, but I think most of the blame falls on Jimmy being SO weird and now having any idea how to talk to fellow humans haha.

He keeps saying the words "we have the best connection, I am so happy, I'm the happiest out of anybody" but zero of his actions are matching those words. We've seen him mention looks multiple times already, he turned into a cartoon wolf around AD, which clearly made Chelsea insecure, so she kinda played into it to NOT seem insecure, which backfired... but it was Jimmy who decided to go stammer at AD for who knows how long, with a drunken aloof grin on his face, while Chelsea just waited and waited. I feel like after Chelsea piggybacked off his comment and did her own catcall, Jimmy could've just been like "we're all so lucky, everybody here is smokin hot!" or something and totally diffused the situation. Instead he went and draped himself over AD like a lovesick (horny) puppy under the guise of apologizing.

On the topic of objectifying AD, I was really turned off by Laura's "bean dip" thing... If I remember right, her fiance (Jeremy?) was like "so Laura told me to go bean dip you, I don't even know what it means, she said you would know what it meant...?" which very understandably made AD and Clay weirded out, and then Laura tried to blame the entire thing on Jeremy, as if he made an inappropriate joke...? Even though she was the one who told him to bring it up? I thought I was gonna like Laura, I figured she might be light and funny in the group settings, but that was messed up and weird. I don't like the vibe between her and Jeremy.

Edited by Cornhusker12
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1

And this is the episode that Laura came out of the middle of the pack and made herself the absolute worst.  I didn;t like her in the last episode but she was a real piece of work in this one.

First, tell your fiance to go flick the breasts of a woman he has never met before.

Second, get offended when no one is amused by it.

Third, call them childish because they are not amused but your "joke."

AD showed a lot of restraint in both this and with Jimmy and Chelsea's comments about her body.  This is a textbook demonstration of a woman who has had to deflect, laugh off,  and defuse uncomfortable situations.  Even Clay was not amused but had to defuse the situation and make it less than it was.  I was so incredibly uncomfortable watching that whole situation, knowing that because Clay and AD (after some mild pushback) seemed to go along to get along, some people would buy into the 'it's just a joke, look, AD is laughing... ha ha." 

And then we end with Chelsea's insecurities on full display.  Her voice went into up three octaves s she was whining to Jimmy.  As much as I am sure he is kinda disappointed with his choice, she participated in her own situation.  She is 100% this season's Danielle.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 2/18/2024 at 5:12 PM, HerkyJerky said:

Does anybody remember S2 couple Danielle and Nick? Chelsea reminds me so much of Danielle.  They look very much alike with the same body type and Danielle was so insecure that, IMHO, she drove away Nick because he had to constantly reassure her of his love.  That would get old really quick!

I thought Danielle was wayyyyyy more attractive and yes she was high maintenance but chelsea is soooooo exhausting and draining and awkward. Im in the camp of thibking jessica looks super harsh with all the fillers and bringing a child into this is dangerous and wrong .

• Like 2
On 2/18/2024 at 2:52 PM, retired watcher said:

If Chelsea is insecure now wait until Jimmy sees Jessica.

What did she say? That he's going to need an EpiPen? Yikes.

On 2/18/2024 at 12:30 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

think Clay is too much of a jerk for the marriage to work. The "Get your ass to the gym" hopefully is a big enough red flag. 

This. Even back in the pods, I was screaming, "Run, AD, run!" Clay never seemed into her as a person, and he never seemed to care about making her happy or even telling her how he felt about her. It was always about him and his ego. 

• Like 2

I think we spent so much time with the AD drama that I don't feel invested in any couple. It feels everyone talks the talk but we don't see any actions. Regarding Chelsey and Jimmy, I would bet that he told her he is not that into her (in private) and they agreed to pretend to create drama so they get screen time. Everyone knows how things in LIB work and they know only drama moments and fighting is shown on TV.

I don't really think any of this season's couples will actually stay together long term.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 10:52 AM, topanga said:

Clay never seemed into her as a person, and he never seemed to care about making her happy or even telling her how he felt about her. It was always about him and his ego. 

IIRC, he literally talked about the importance of his ego twice in the pods...and that's just twice that we saw. There was probably more mentions that we didn't see.

• LOL 1
(edited)

AD is sweet and deserves better. Clay telling her he would push her to go to the gym after having his baby?!?! He can fuck all the way off. It reminds me of Emily and Kobe on Pilllow Talk…some dude said almost something identical and Emily commented about her weight after the babies and Kobe looked horrified and said «  but…you are the mother of my children ..you are a good mother and wife and so sexy » Clay isn’t marriage material…too immature 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 2/18/2024 at 9:35 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

I think she actually said to one of them, "you haven't proposed yet," as in, I won't know how I feel until you do it.  Trevor is a smart dude and knows her well.  She would have been so much better off with him.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

I think she actually said to one of them, "you haven't proposed yet," as in, I won't know how I feel until you do it.  Trevor is a smart dude and knows her well.  She would have been so much better off with him.

Except for this, which I'll put as a Spoiler:

Spoiler

Trevor had a girlfriend the whole time and was just using this to get on TV.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4

Chelsea complaining was so annoying. Why did she CHOOSE to "feel hurt"??? Oh ya. Insecurity ain't cute. Just repeating herself waiting for him to say what she wants to hear was so stupid. I can't even. I disagree with all of that. Validate her dumb feelings SHE CHOSE?!! EFF THAT!!! MOST INEFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION I'VE EVER SEEN!!! 🙄

• Like 1