Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: Friendship Is a Mother

• Start Topic

Candiace hosts a special Mother's Day brunch with some noticeable absences; Rayvin comes to town to celebrate Karen's Triple Twenty and meets with Gizelle and Grace to talk college; Robyn and Candiace try to see if they can salvage their friendship.

Airdate: 01.21.2024

• Like 1

I enjoyed tonight’s show and I’m telling y’all that Gizelle and Karen are secretly friends.  Um, Candace?  Robyn did defend Chris and it’s killing me to defend Robyn.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Axie said:

I enjoyed tonight’s show and I’m telling y’all that Gizelle and Karen are secretly friends.  Um, Candace?  Robyn did defend Chris and it’s killing me to defend Robyn.

At some point Robyn flipped on her position about Chris and it happened before any of the Juan situation came out:

When Gizelle told the group (minus Candiace) on the bus that Chris had grabbed Sesame Street's ass (aka sexual assault), Robyn claimed Chris was probably drunk when he did it.

At the reunion, Robyn yelled that it was inappropriate for a married man (Chris) to be in a hotel room with a single woman.

These statements were said before any of the Juan & Patreon stuff came out.  

Candiace is begging Robyn to disavow her friendship with Gizelle because she needs to know Robyn isn't the type of person who would play the games Gizelle does, because they did have a real friendship outside of the show.  The problem is Robyn IS the type of person who would do that and that's what Candiace is having a hard time accepting. 

Robyn made it clear on tonight's episode she has washed her hands of Candiace but the truth is Robyn started lathering up on Candiace long before the Juan scandal came to light.

On another note, Candiace's brunch was lovely and elegant and a far cry from pickles at pickleball, chickenshit bingo and dinners in the driveway.

• Like 18
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Axie said:

I enjoyed tonight’s show and I’m telling y’all that Gizelle and Karen are secretly friends.  

I've always said this! Even when they're sniping at each other on the show, their actions say otherwise. I remember the episode a few seasons ago when Karen and Ray renewed their vows. It was during a period when Karen and Gizelle supposedly weren't getting along, but during the party, there was multiple shots of Gizelle looking genuinely happy for and celebrating Karen. They know what's required of them for the show, but they really do seem to have a genuine friendship off of it. And, in a surprise to myself, their relationship is one of the only things I'm enjoying about this season. It was really nice seeing them with their girls and seeing what lovely young women they've grown into.

• Like 17

So now Wendy wants her own talk show.  To be as educated as she so vocally screams about she sure seems to be a Jack of all trades.  And you know what they say about Jack's of all trades.  So she fired her previous co-producer because basically she was going to have to pay her.  How dare the person who was going to be doing the majority of the work expect to be paid for their hard work!  These Housewives kill me.  They tack their names on other people's hard work and act like they themselves should make the most money for it.  It irritates the piss out of me.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, swankie said:

So now Wendy wants her own talk show.  To be as educated as she so vocally screams about she sure seems to be a Jack of all trades.  And you know what they say about Jack's of all trades.  So she fired her previous co-producer because basically she was going to have to pay her.  How dare the person who was going to be doing the majority of the work expect to be paid for their hard work!  These Housewives kill me.  They tack their names on other people's hard work and act like they themselves should make the most money for it.  It irritates the piss out of me.  

Tell us how you really feel!  But seriously, I completely agree with you.

• Like 4

Wendy's show is on YouTube. It's actually watchable. She needs some polishing but the foundation is there. 

Karen admitting next week she didn't put all the names in the hat is comedy gold. Reminds me of an episode of The Golden Girls. 

Karen's daughter is very sweet. However COMMA her and Charisse look like they are going to a 1964 civil rights march as soon as they finish their confessionals.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Wendy's show is on YouTube. It's actually watchable. She needs some polishing but the foundation is there. 

Karen admitting next week she didn't put all the names in the hat is comedy gold. Reminds me of an episode of The Golden Girls. 

Karen's daughter is very sweet. However COMMA her and Charisse look like they are going to a 1964 civil rights march as soon as they finish their confessionals.

Did Wendy get the fancy set she originally wanted, or is it more podcast like?

• Like 1

Wendy’s talk show doesn’t sound like anything special. A little current events, a little entertainment AND you have to hear Wendy’s opinion? No thanks. 
Candiaces event was lovely and the background very pretty. It’s too bad she felt the need to sing one of her terrible songs. PLEASE NO MORE SINGING on these shows.  She’s simply not a good singer. 
I don’t believe that Wendy couldn’t have made it to her friends event. She was too chicken to show up with that nasty mom of hers after the way her her and her mom treated Nneka. 
Robyn absolutely supported Candiace and her lazy husband last year. She didn’t say anything that bad about Chris Bassett.  Candiace on the other hand was trashing the Dixon all over social media. She’s a little chicken shit that hides behind her device to give her stupid so called reads. Robyn actually cared for Candiace. It’s too bad Candiace wouldn’t apologize and make peace with her. That would have driven Gizelle nuts and put Candiace in a much better position in the group. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Robyn absolutely supported Candiace and her lazy husband last year. She didn’t say anything that bad about Chris Bassett.

Only that Chris was probably drunk when Gizelle claimed he sexually assaulted Sesame Street. This was said before the Juan revelation.

43 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Candiace on the other hand was trashing the Dixon all over social media.

AFTER Robyn sat on the reunion and claimed Chris was inappropriate for being in the room with Gizelle. Reunion was taped before the Juan revelation.

44 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

That would have driven Gizelle nuts and put Candiace in a much better position in the group. 

What would’ve put Candiace in a better position with the group would be to accept Gizelle’s lies about her husband and join them in icing Wendy out of the group.

Robyn washed her hands of Candiace when Candiace refused to join her in icing Wendy out. That’s when Robyn pulled that Five & Below speaker box out to expose Candiace for trashing Gizelle/Ashley on IG Live. Robyn claimed “she’s trashing all of us” yet on the Live Candiace explicitly stated she was NOT talking about Robyn or Karen. But Gizelle sick, so Robyn sick too.

Candiace did not start trashing Robyn until she realized Robyn had been trashing her to curry favor with Gizelle. And the worst she’s called Robyn is a fraud, which she is because Robyn’s been hiding this since Season 6 yet claimed she wasn’t going to expose her husband for anyone’s entertainment…except the time she did when she exposed Juan’s activities from behind the paywall for $5.99.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Only that Chris was probably drunk when Gizelle claimed he sexually assaulted Sesame Street. This was said before the Juan revelation.

AFTER Robyn sat on the reunion and claimed Chris was inappropriate for being in the room with Gizelle. Reunion was taped before the Juan revelation.

What would’ve put Candiace in a better position with the group would be to accept Gizelle’s lies about her husband and join them in icing Wendy out of the group.

Robyn washed her hands of Candiace when Candiace refused to join her in icing Wendy out. That’s when Robyn pulled that Five & Below speaker box out to expose Candiace for trashing Gizelle/Ashley on IG Live. Robyn claimed “she’s trashing all of us” yet on the Live Candiace explicitly stated she was NOT talking about Robyn or Karen. But Gizelle sick, so Robyn sick too.

Candiace did not start trashing Robyn until she realized Robyn had been trashing her to curry favor with Gizelle. And the worst she’s called Robyn is a fraud, which she is because Robyn’s been hiding this since Season 6 yet claimed she wasn’t going to expose her husband for anyone’s entertainment…except the time she did when she exposed Juan’s activities from behind the paywall for $5.99.

Chris Bassett admitted to being drunk when he went to Gizelles dressing room. Robyn’s right, it is inappropriate just as doing laundry and hanging at nail salons is inappropriate. I don’t believe he flirted with Sesame Street but the man was constantly drinking during filming last year. I think part of the problem is that Candiace is embarrassed by Chris Bassett and is forced to defend him.

Robyn defended Chris Bassett last season. 

• Like 6
8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Did Wendy get the fancy set she originally wanted, or is it more podcast like?

It's a talk show set. Her glow up is one of the best as far as Housewives. I personally think she looks great. I'm not subscribing to her show, watching on a regular basis, recommending or turning on notifications - but good for her lol.

They have all done and said HORRID things about each other with the exception of Wendy. And when I say HORRID I'm not speaking of one of one insulting matches.

I 100% believe Robyn knew what G planned to do. I will never be talked down from that. Now I'm not saying Robyn agreed to be a part of it but she was in the room and Jesus couldn't convince me otherwise. She has sat back and watched G stir up shit every single season and just shrugged her shoulders or laughed. This is no different.  Someone is just finally trying to get her to see she is not innocent because she didn't participate. That is Robyn's logic.

Robyn everyone talks about Juan. You may not want to trash your husband for entertainment but not sure why you think Don Juan is immune. Move on Candiace. Co-exist and move on.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Boofish said:

Wait, what? It is a real thing?!?!

@Boofish great, now I am going over to Youtube to see Wendy's show, just great.

Her set looks great, she is good on camera, who knows, maybe we are watching the next Tamron Hall.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • LOL 5
10 hours ago, drivethroo said:

At some point Robyn flipped on her position about Chris and it happened before any of the Juan situation came out:

When Gizelle told the group (minus Candiace) on the bus that Chris had grabbed Sesame Street's ass (aka sexual assault), Robyn claimed Chris was probably drunk when he did it.

At the reunion, Robyn yelled that it was inappropriate for a married man (Chris) to be in a hotel room with a single woman.

Candiace is begging Robyn to disavow her friendship with Gizelle because she needs to know Robyn isn't the type of person who would play the games Gizelle does, because they did have a real friendship outside of the show.  The problem is Robyn IS the type of person who would do that and that's what Candiace is having a hard time accepting. 

Robyn made it clear on tonight's episode she has washed her hands of Candiace but the truth is Robyn started lathering up on Candiace long before the Juan scandal came to light.

On another note, Candiace's brunch was lovely and elegant and a far cry from pickles at pickleball, chickenshit bingo and dinners in the driveway.

Absolutely it was a beautiful luncheon. Robyn can only be Candiance's friend when Giselle isn't present. That's the issue. 

• Like 11
42 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Wait, what? It is a real thing?!?!

@Boofish great, now I am going over to Youtube to see Wendy's show, just great.

Her set looks great, she is good on camera, who knows, maybe we are watching the next Tamron Hall.

Sorry boo 😂

But she has mostly positive feedback in the comments. That's saying something on YouTube.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, byrd said:

Robyn can only be Candiance's friend when Giselle isn't present. That's the issue. 

Right. Ashley gave Robyn the blues about Juan for 3 seasons straight, even hopping in the little car to speed down the Capital Beltway to confront Ashley. It was only when Gizelle brokered a truce between them that Ashley stopped coming for Juan & Robyn and Robyn was able to move on.

With Candiace and Wendy, Gizelle has no desire to engage with either one of them NOR does she want the rest of the cast to engage with them either and that’s the problem. 

Robyn does have a legit beef with Wendy however what Wendy said about Juan & Robyn’s relationship (or lack thereof) was waaaaaaaay tamer than anything Ashley ever said about their relationship.

IMO Candiace doesn’t feel Robyn is a fraud for the Juan/Patreon situation, she feels Robyn is a fraud because Robyn was coming around as her friend off camera but flipped on her on camera for Gizelle. When she’s begging Robyn to choose between her and Gizelle, she’s wanting to know if Robyn was ever really her friend.

Now that Candiace knows Robyn was never her friend (IMO), she doesn’t need to spend anymore energy on her because Robyn certainly isn’t wasting any energy on Candiace. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
26 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Robyn does have a legit beef with Wendy however what Wendy said about Juan & Robyn’s relationship (or lack thereof) was waaaaaaaay tamer than anything Ashley ever said about their relationship.

What did Wendy do to her BEFORE her and G came for Happy Eddie and the cheating rumors. It was Robyn's idea to confront Wendy at that vacation home and try and get her to admit she had all that surgery to keep her husband eyes off Instagram. Honestly, it's so much ridiculous petty beef I can't keep track.

• Like 8
26 minutes ago, Boofish said:

What did Wendy do to her BEFORE her and G came for Happy Eddie and the cheating rumors.

Nothing, but Wendy was firing at Gizelle and tossed a stray Robyn’s way (when the person who should’ve caught a stray in Williamsburg was Ashley). 

So Robyn does have a legit beef with Wendy but that could’ve been worked out with a 1 on 1. However, whenever Gizelle is sick, Robyn is sick.

Robyn feels the same way towards Wendy that Candiace feels towards Robyn. And Robyn is indignant anyone is talking about her husband but can’t understand why Candiace and Wendy feel the same way about theirs. Robyn is purposely unreflective and that serves her in all areas of her life (Juan too).

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

The luncheon was very pretty. When Candiace was on the phone with Wendy, she was standing in between these roses that were hanging on strings and it looked very nice. That's all I got with this episode.

• Like 6

Candyass forgot to blend her awful too dark and thick schnaaz makeup. It looks like she's wearing a brown breathing strip.

Oh no! Not everyone gets to go on the luxury surrey trip?! Cuz ya know...Karen has that special property insurance that charges for each occupant upon arrival. 

• LOL 6

So, if Karen has a special property insurance policy that charges by visitor to her property, does that mean if you live in Surrey and never have company, you don’t have to have property insurance?

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1

I loved the interactions between Nneka & her sister, Karen & Rayvin at the tattoo parlor, Karen, Gizelle, Rayvin, & Grace at breakfast.

Candiace's Mother's Day brunch was, indeed, fabulous.  Peonies are such lovely flowers.  (What a contrast to the hideous Mother's Day event on RHOM!)  I love the idea of a perfume party!!!  Candiace is no Dinah Washington, but I didn't even mind her singing (as much as I usually do.)

The only boring stuff was Robyn & her family about whom I couldn't care less at this point. Robyn is totally in concrete bunker mode about her marriage.  I think the divorce announcement is maybe eight months off.  Maybe.  (Wouldn't be surprised if it came a lot sooner.)

• Like 7
22 hours ago, J80134 said:

Oh no! Not everyone gets to go on the luxury surrey trip?! Cuz ya know...Karen has that special property insurance that charges for each occupant upon arrival. 

That made no sense at all, Karen really does spout some silly things she expects us to take at face value.  

Are they all staying at her grandparents house?

2 hours ago, Maximona said:

I think the divorce announcement is maybe eight months off. 

We see Robyn digging in her heels, doubling down on the over the top, "I DON"T CARE!" The only way Robyn and Juan will divorce is if Juan serves her with papers but we know it won't happen, he has nothing and nowhere to go.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Karen's feet are exactly the reason you should NOT wear those ridiculous stilettos. 

Also, Nneka...the use of term "lolly gagging" is not a Nigerian thing.

Edited by gwen747
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2

Nneka and her sister were a good vibe together. I’m liking her more. She shouldn’t let insecure Wendy and her creepy mom get to her. She’s got it going on and seems nice when she’s not letting unhappy Wendy get to her. 

I could live without the Robyn and Juan family scenes. I don’t think they are that bad off but the scenes seem forced.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, gwen747 said:

Karen's feet are exactly the reason you should NOT wear those ridiculous stilettos. 

Also, Nneka...the use of term "lolly gagging" is not a Nigerian thing.

That's the only thing that made my ears perk up, I have said that a few times. I just felt  bored, like everyone  is just going  through  the  motions.

• Like 4
(edited)
On 1/22/2024 at 6:38 AM, Chatty Cake said:

Chris Bassett admitted to being drunk when he went to Gizelles dressing room. Robyn’s right, it is inappropriate just as doing laundry and hanging at nail salons is inappropriate. I don’t believe he flirted with Sesame Street but the man was constantly drinking during filming last year. I think part of the problem is that Candiace is embarrassed by Chris Bassett and is forced to defend him.

Robyn defended Chris Bassett last season. 

Even if he was drunk, Gizelle admitted he didn't do or say anything inappropriate. it was more like she was uncomfortable being alone in the room with him drunk. Fine but she didn't have to make such a huge deal of it and turn it into her big storyline, thus implying Chris sexually harassed her. I don't blame Candiace for being ticked off. 

Candiaces event was lovely and the background very pretty. It’s too bad she felt the need to sing one of her terrible songs. PLEASE NO MORE SINGING on these shows.  She’s simply not a good singer. 

I thought she sounded pretty good. She's no Whitney Houston but she wasn't bad IMO. 

Robyn annoys me. She lives in denial. Fine if she wants to look the other way about Juan's cheating, but I'm weary hearing about it. The two of them always seem "on" for the cameras and the least authentic of any of the others on this show. This is a low bar as they are all performing to a degree. 

Too bad Mia's mother doesn't come. Sounds like a strained relationship. I've been there and feel for her. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
48 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Even if he was drunk, Gizelle admitted he didn't do or say anything inappropriate. it was more like she was uncomfortable being alone in the room with him drunk. Fine but she didn't have to make such a huge deal of it and turn it into her big storyline, thus implying Chris sexually harassed her. I don't blame Candiace for being ticked off. 

I thought she sounded pretty good. She's no Whitney Houston but she wasn't bad IMO. 

Robyn annoys me. She lives in denial. Fine if she wants to look the other way about Juan's cheating, but I'm weary hearing about it. The two of them always seem "on" for the cameras and the least authentic of any of the others on this show. This is a low bar as they are all performing to a degree. 

Too bad Mia's mother doesn't come. Sounds like a strained relationship. I've been there and feel for her. 

I don’t enjoy interacting with drunk men, even if they are friends. It’s possible to be uncomfortable and annoyed without being hit on or harassed.  Did it need to be a storyline ? No but Gizelle decided to go with it. 
I can’t with Candiaces singing.  It’s a waste of time.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Juan calling another woman the love of his life didn't end their relationship. She certainly won't leave him because he watched another woman drawers go through the spin cycle.

As ridiculous as they are, I will never condone trying to convince another woman to leave her marriage unless she is being abused in any way. I think it's very mean spirited for all of them to keep reading the top 10 reasons Robyn should leave Juan. All women have different dealbreakers. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 1/21/2024 at 10:51 PM, drivethroo said:

At the reunion, Robyn expressed that it's not a good idea for a married man to be alone with a woman in a hotel room.  The subtext was that the optics weren't good and there would be no issue had it not happened.  She did not insinuate that Chris had bad intentions.  I don't consider her reunions statements as incongruent with what she said during the season.  

On 1/22/2024 at 11:32 AM, drivethroo said:

Right. Ashley gave Robyn the blues about Juan for 3 seasons straight, even hopping in the little car to speed down the Capital Beltway to confront Ashley. It was only when Gizelle brokered a truce between them that Ashley stopped coming for Juan & Robyn and Robyn was able to move on.

With Candiace and Wendy, Gizelle has no desire to engage with either one of them NOR does she want the rest of the cast to engage with them either and that’s the problem. 

IMO Candiace doesn’t feel Robyn is a fraud for the Juan/Patreon situation, she feels Robyn is a fraud because Robyn was coming around as her friend off camera but flipped on her on camera for Gizelle. When she’s begging Robyn to choose between her and Gizelle, she’s wanting to know if Robyn was ever really her friend.

Now that Candiace knows Robyn was never her friend (IMO), she doesn’t need to spend anymore energy on her because Robyn certainly isn’t wasting any energy on Candiace. 

The issue with Wendy is that she "made up" with Robyn but went on to laugh at the cheating rumors the next season and talked shit just like Candiace.  How do they expect to be friends with Robyn while simultaneously displaying behavior of an enemy?

9 hours ago, Marley said:

Boring episode.

Gizelle needs to go. She is dividing the show and I’m not into it. I’m sick of the behind the scenes bullshit.

Gizelle is the root of all of the division but since she's the face of the show, she's not going anywhere.  I think the only way to fix it is for Gizelle to apologize to Wendy and Candiace for playing with their marriages.  It will be unfair if they get rid of other people due to the mess that Gizelle has caused. 

• Like 2
On 1/22/2024 at 12:35 PM, drivethroo said:

Robyn is purposely unreflective and that serves her in all areas of her life (Juan too).

all-of-this-pointing.gif

And her being "100% unbothered" or whatever the heck she says in her intro. If she doesn't think about it or react to it, then it's not real. And both Juan and Gizelle use that to their advantage. But Candiace is the problem because Candiace is actively calling her out and trying to hold her responsible for how she shows up when these things occur. That's why Robyn is so pissed. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
14 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

re the bolded:  exactly, they are always ON, except when Juan is OFF and fake sleeping during the massage so he wouldn't have to talk about anything.  

• Like 3
On 1/23/2024 at 12:31 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

We see Robyn digging in her heels, doubling down on the over the top, "I DON"T CARE!" The only way Robyn and Juan will divorce is if Juan serves her with papers but we know it won't happen, he has nothing and nowhere to go.

Robyn is digging in her heels.  But she divorced him once already, & the first time's the hardest!  😀

I think Robyn's one of those people who takes it stoically till it reaches a certain point (whatever "it" is) and then does a 180.

We shall see!

• Like 2

dead GIF

^ Real life footage of me after Karen told the COO or CCO of Parfums de Marly that they were in the same family because they both sold at Bloomingdale’s. 

• LOL 5
(edited)
On 1/23/2024 at 9:27 PM, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t enjoy interacting with drunk men, even if they are friends.

Well that's why you don't invite them to your hotel room.

On 1/24/2024 at 1:47 AM, Boofish said:

As ridiculous as they are, I will never condone trying to convince another woman to leave her marriage unless she is being abused in any way. I think it's very mean spirited for all of them to keep reading the top 10 reasons Robyn should leave Juan. All women have different dealbreakers. 

Robyn at this point has dug in her heels and Juan could be having sex with a woman in the food court of the Mall in Columbia and she will still claim they were just wrestling or the woman was his yoga instructor.  

On 1/24/2024 at 6:39 AM, Talented Tenth said:

I think the only way to fix it is for Gizelle to apologize to Wendy and Candiace for playing with their marriages.  It will be unfair if they get rid of other people due to the mess that Gizelle has caused. 

Unfortunately, I think they will get rid of Candiace, Wendy or Nneka* and put the blame of the show's failures on them instead of Gizelle or Robyn's BS. When they do, it will hasten the demise of this show.

On 1/24/2024 at 7:07 AM, luckyroll3 said:

But Candiace is the problem because Candiace is actively calling her out and trying to hold her responsible for how she shows up when these things occur. That's why Robyn is so pissed. 

And that's the real reason Robyn is pissed at Wendy because Wendy accidentally touched Robyn's nerves in Williamsburg about her crappy relationship with Juan.

On 1/25/2024 at 8:23 AM, Maximona said:

Robyn is digging in her heels.  But she divorced him once already, & the first time's the hardest!  😀

I think Robyn's one of those people who takes it stoically till it reaches a certain point (whatever "it" is) and then does a 180.

We shall see!

Robyn's not going anywhere and neither is Juan. Especially if she married him without a prenup. This is the same woman who gave the audience a middle finger at her wedding.

I still don't think they are legally married though.

*Even though Nneka brings nothing to the show, I would hate for her to be blamed for the show's failures and fired for it.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1