Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E15: One on One: Part 1

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

18 hours ago, Granny58 said:

As a woman, I have no idea how easy or difficult it would be for a man to perform without a sexual attraction.  For me, it would be gag inducing but really, to honor the "covenant" I would only need to lay there.  Any men here who want to chime in?  

I grew up with two brothers and lots of male buddies and they all told me if there was any chance to have sex, they went for it. Didn't matter if they even liked that girl or thought they were attractive or not, sex was sex. I always told them to leave my besties alone, I didn't want to lose a friend just because my brothers or friends couldn't keep their hands off themselves  when all  they wanted was a one night stand and the girls were hoping for more. 

But on the other hand, they all were very protective of me, because "they knew what guys are like, we're all the same".

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 11
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Elodia said:

I grew up with two brothers and lots of male buddies and they all told me if there was any chance to have sex, they went for it. Didn't matter if they even liked that girl or thought they were attractive or not, sex was sex. I always told them to leave my besties alone, I didn't want to lose a friend just because my brothers or friends couldn't keep their hands off themselves  when all  they wanted was a one night stand and the girls were hoping for more. 

But on the other hand, they all were very protective of me, because "they knew what guys are like, we're all the same".

I'm a woman but have had many male friends and have discussed this with them over the years.  While at their most basic levels what you're saying is true, many men, especially more mature ones do not exist at this basic level, so they would be less likely to act on that most basic level and will prefer to stick to their principles and preferences with women.  And as their testosterone levels fall with age, they start to criticize men who exist at that most basic level.  I am LOL at how my husband sees things as he gets older and I tell him he sounds more like me every day about this!

I'm sure when he was young, Kotex was a real hound dog deep down.  Not that he acted on it until marriage, but he probably wasn't all that discriminate about who he could have sex with and could do so even if he didn't like them that much or found them that attractive.  And that's why he was OK with bedding down Christine despite not really feeling that attraction.  And besides, he had other women he did find attractive so that made it more tolerable.  And of course there were other reasons for his having sex with someone he didn't feel attracted to, like him seeing it as his duty as following what he saw as God's will for him.  

13 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

I apologize in advance for the shock value but rapists are not interested in sexual attraction, only power. 

I'm not calling Kootie a rapist but power is certainly his raison d'etre.  He has verbalized in the past that he found Christine repulsive so I doubt there was any attraction there at all.

Yeah, and there's another motivation for having sex with someone he's not that attracted to.  He loved the ego boost of the conquest.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 12
11 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Oh thank god I got through all that. The hotness (or notness) of sex between Kody and the wives is going to give me nightmares. The only thing more nightmare-inducing from this show would be discussing the hotness or notness of sex between Mykelti & Tony.

Once again, I'd like to request an EWWWWW emoji in the options.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 20
34 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

Once again, I'd like to request an EWWWWW emoji in the options.  

Yeah, I'd like to piggyback on your ask at this time to also request a "no Kootie allowed" emoji while you're at it.  Perhaps an upside down triangle to represent his shoulders and pectacularus-ness while at the same time indicating a teeny tiny, ummm, groin area. Plop a circle atop replete with a few brassy yellow curly lines for Ramen noodles and voila, his very own emoji.  😁

Le Sigh.  One can dream...

• LOL 14
21 hours ago, IvySpice said:

Centuries of gay men have fathered children with their wives. Assuming Kody likes girls, as I think he does, it has to be easier for a straight/bi guy with an unappealing woman than for a gay guy with any woman.

Kody was pretty young when he married Christine. My stereotype is that a guy in his early 20s can make it work in practically any situation -- especially if he's not invested in showing his partner a good time.

I was going to comment something similar. Sexuality and sexual expression are complex, but the drives (or needs) most people have in their late teens-thirties, isn’t the same when they hit their 50s. 

Not to say older people don’t have sexual needs or drives (that would be ignorant), but a 20 something Kody likely had a very different sexual expression (along with desire for biological children) than a 50 something Kody who’s got 15 bio kids (I distinguish between biological and adopted children as sex was involved to get the bio kids). I’m sure that impacts how he has treated the OG 3. 

7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I'm sure when he was young, Kotex was a real hound dog deep down.  Not that he acted on it until marriage, but he probably wasn't all that discriminate about who he could have sex with and could do so even if he didn't like them that much or found them that attractive.  And that's why he was OK with bedding down Christine despite not really feeling that attraction.  And besides, he had other women he did find attractive so that made it more tolerable.  And of course there were other reasons for his having sex with someone he didn't feel attracted to, like him seeing it as his duty as following what he saw as God's will for him.

I could see this. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Yeah, and there's another motivation for having sex with someone he's not that attracted to.  He loved the ego boost of the conquest.

My two cents. When someone is putting another person down, especially in the rude/cruel way that Kody has been doing lately they often give away something about themselves. I think there is a lot in the statement he made about Garrison/Gabe during Covid "only wanting to get their pencil wet". Kody only knows how he felt at their age and gave away a tidbit...on camera.

Also...in my humble opinion of the subject...I believe Kody is selfish and Janelle has low expectations.

• Like 20
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Roslyn said:

My two cents. When someone is putting another person down, especially in the rude/cruel way that Kody has been doing lately they often give away something about themselves. I think there is a lot in the statement he made about Garrison/Gabe during Covid "only wanting to get their pencil wet". Kody only knows how he felt at their age and gave away a tidbit...on camera.

Also...in my humble opinion of the subject...I believe Kody is selfish and Janelle has low expectations.

Kootie does often project himself on others   Too bad he can’t see the reflection 

• Like 15
On 11/27/2023 at 5:10 AM, laurakaye said:

Kody, no one - and I mean NO ONE - wants to hear about your pecs and abs ever again.  It's disgusting how he proclaims that Janelle used him for his body when he's been doing the same damn thing for the past 30 years, except with four different women.  

Jenelle's reaction to this claim was priceless. Can't say why, but I do sense their sexual connection was better than Kodouche's with the other two wives. Regardless, him claiming to have been essentially used as a boy toy by one of several wives who supported the family for decades is consistent with the level of intelligence he's displayed in general. I often wonder if he has any idea how ridiculous he easily makes himself look.

Edited to add: Now that I've had time to read prior comments, I agree with others who mentioned that K could feel used because J never seemed to want anything beyond a friendship and bedroom time with him -- I mean, she was a busy woman, supporting the family and all -- whereas the other wives were definitely (and reasonably) needy of more than that. K isn't the type to think this through like the wise minds here, so for him this likely registers as a simple feeling that he was "used" in some way by J...and he may as well justify to himself and the viewers that he was used for his Adonis-like body (can't believe I typed that).

Edited by thatsall
  • Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 11/28/2023 at 10:46 AM, islandgal140 said:

I too was shocked at the sight of Meri's ears. As a Succession fan, I immediately thought of Tom saying to his wife: "Your earlobes and thick are chewy, like barnacle meat!" LOL!

Had to google photos for this; and indeed, they are remarkable.

What I find even more remarkable than the earlobes is Meri's decision not to replace that front crown that is so distinctly and distractingly not colored similarly to the rest of her dentition, which is quite straight and aesthetic. Evidently Meri has worn Invisalign recently (no small commitment, from personal experience), which optimized her smile; but still no changes for the discolored front tooth. Mind boggling.

Edited by thatsall
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, thatsall said:
On 11/27/2023 at 9:10 AM, laurakaye said:

Kody, no one - and I mean NO ONE - wants to hear about your pecs and abs ever again.  It's disgusting how he proclaims that Janelle used him for his body when he's been doing the same damn thing for the past 30 years, except with four different women.  

Jenelle's reaction to this claim was priceless.

What was it?

On 11/29/2023 at 5:35 AM, Rabbit Hutch said:

I don't know, y'all, I think both  Kootie Pectacular and Janelle are trolling us.  I recall the early years when Janelle appeared to be almost comatose on the show.  Now, it does seem that sometime during the Vegas years something happened between the Ramen-noodle headed one and Janelle. A resparking of sorts if you will.  But I would put money on it that that Kootie saved up most of his "humanity" for Robyn during that time.

As far as current times are concerned, I think Kootie's ardor is cyclic when it comes to Janelle.  Basically, it's when he needs her money.  It probably came in bloom when Janelle gave her inheritance to help buy the LeHigh house, then there was some talk that she cashed in her 401K to help the family in - now wait for it - Los Vegas where the respark supposedly occurred, and now, on the show she's leaving and her Kootie pops up (pun intended) yet again.  🤔

You be a hoe, Kootie!  🤑🤑🤑

On 11/29/2023 at 5:35 AM, Rabbit Hutch said:

I don't know, y'all, I think both  Kootie Pectacular and Janelle are trolling us.  I recall the early years when Janelle appeared to be almost comatose on the show.  Now, it does seem that sometime during the Vegas years something happened between the Ramen-noodle headed one and Janelle. A resparking of sorts if you will.  But I would put money on it that that Kootie saved up most of his "humanity" for Robyn during that time.

As far as current times are concerned, I think Kootie's ardor is cyclic when it comes to Janelle.  Basically, it's when he needs her money.  It probably came in bloom when Janelle gave her inheritance to help buy the LeHigh house, then there was some talk that she cashed in her 401K to help the family in - now wait for it - Los Vegas where the respark supposedly occurred, and now, on the show she's leaving and her Kootie pops up (pun intended) yet again.  🤔

You be a hoe, Kootie!  🤑🤑🤑

I agree 100%. Kody only wants Janelle's money, not Janelle. She's always appeared comatose and I've never seen any sexual spark between these two in any if the seasons, and I've seen them all since the beginning. I've always thought that Janelle was maybe asexual. Kody has always said she is just like one of the guys and he only sees her as one of his buddies. He's said it's never been a romantic love and that he never saw her in that way.  I wouldn't be surprised if the last time they had sex was when she got pregnant with Savannah. I seriously doubt he was having sex with any of them once Sobbyn entered the picture, and if he was, it probably wasn't that much. Kody has always said that Janelle was easygoing and didn't demand anything of him and when he would go to her house, it was always chill because she required nothing of him, so their relationship was easier for him than with his other wives. Kody was happy taking her money over the years, knowing he didn't have to put in any work and thought she would continue to passively go along with it and hand over her paychecks. Now that Janelle has opened her eyes, and seen how much he has done for Sobbyn, and how he puts her on a pedestal when Sobbyn contributes nothing, Janelle started to demand more of Kody for their relationship, and he's not having it. Kody doesn't understand why Janelle suddenly has a problem with  Kody doing nothing for her and he can't seem to understand why it's a problem now, after all these years. He's confused why he would have to put in any work at all. He thought he was going to continue taking her money (and Meri's) with no complaints from them.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ladyscorpio said:

I've never seen any sexual spark between these two in any if the seasons, and I've seen them all since the beginning. I've always thought that Janelle was maybe asexual.

Totally agree with this. I don't know where all of this talk about their sexual chemistry is coming from.  And over the years Janelle has come across as don't expect me to get out of my recliner and lift a finger to do anything.

I believe that Kody is desperate to keep Janelle in the family so that he can go to TLC and say see there are 2 sister wives left. If Janelle leaves this show, Sister Wives, no longer exists. It's  just Kody and Robyn in a monogamist relationship.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
8 hours ago, ladyscorpio said:

I agree 100%. Kody only wants Janelle's money, not Janelle. She's always appeared comatose and I've never seen any sexual spark between these two in any if the seasons, and I've seen them all since the beginning. I've always thought that Janelle was maybe asexual. Kody has always said she is just like one of the guys and he only sees her as one of his buddies. He's said it's never been a romantic love and that he never saw her in that way. 

For a very long time I thought the exact same way as this about Janelle, including the part about her being asexual.  But then after all this talk about Kody feeling used like a "piece of meat" and knowing how he's said he sees her like "one of the guys" I've changed my views on her.  First of all, romance and sexual desire are often not felt together.  Usually we expect a married woman to want romance with her husband, and sex is an outgrowth of those romantic feelings.  But it appears that Janelle is atypical in that she doesn't appear to need or want romance with Kotex, but she still desires friendship and sex from him.  So on the one hand she's like one of his "guy buddies" because she can be his friend without romance like one of them, but on the other hand she still wants sex with him.  She has these two aspects of a marriage completely compartmentalized from each other.  That's often the way married men operate in extramarital affairs, which is something like what we call "friends with benefits".  So technically, Janelle wants a friends with benefits relationship with her husband, not a romantic relationship where sex and romance are all bundled together.   And that's very atypical.  And it also explains why Kodork says he felt like a "piece of meat" to her.  Obviously even he wants sex to be an outgrowth of romance in a marriage.  I find it very amusing how he's copping the traditional "female" role in this relationship with Janelle.  He's the one feeling vulnerable and used for sex and she's the one not giving him the extra emotional intimacy he craves that usually comes with a romantic relationship. 

I personally think Janelle has major issues with emotional intimacy in romantic relationships and polygamy is her "work around" for that. She likes it because she doesn't have to feel too much pressure to give something she's uncomfortable with since there are other women that can provide romance for her husband.  Meanwhile, she can sit back, relax and not put that much emotional energy into the relationship, but still get her sexual and arms-length friendship needs met.  Obviously this was not exactly what Kody wanted out of their relationship, which is interesting because he seems like such a hound dog that you'd think sex was his first and biggest priority.  But it's interesting how when someone is denied something all of a sudden that's what they want even if in other relationships they can be the picky/choosy one or the one not being as giving of their emotional intimacy.  Like in his relationship with Christine, he is the one distancing himself from her emotionally and otherwise while in his relationship with Janelle she's the one doing that to him.

• Like 7
  • Useful 7

I don't know about this but you might be right about Janelle. I have seen nothing at all that tells me that Janelle is starved for sex with Kody. All I have heard is Kody bragging bout his pecs. and calling himself Janelle's pool boy and piece of meat. What did Janelle do? She laughed at all of this. All of this sex talk is coming from Kody. 

• Like 11
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I've always felt that Janelle gravitated toward polygamy because she has a lower libido, but not no libido at all.  And she is definitely not interested in the romantic side of things at all.  So, she could share the duties of keeping Kody satisfied with other women and get as much as she needed when he was around.  I just think Kody is mad because she isn't weeping over their relationship breaking down and doesn't like having the shoe on the other foot.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

I've always felt that Janelle gravitated toward polygamy because she has a lower libido, but not no libido at all.  And she is definitely not interested in the romantic side of things at all.  So, she could share the duties of keeping Kody satisfied with other women and get as much as she needed when he was around.  I just think Kody is mad because she isn't weeping over their relationship breaking down and doesn't like having the shoe on the other foot.

I think it's easy to make assumptions based on appearances, but the reality is often much different.  I think it's hard to tell with libido in a person that isn't very emotionally expressive, like Janelle.  She's a very cool cucumber on the surface but in her case "still waters may run deep".  I know I'm an awful lot of things people would never think I am because I'm an introvert and don't wear everything on my sleeve in public.  With her it may be even less obvious because unlike me, I don't think she's a feeling type, but a thinking type.  Also, while part of it may be her specific temperament,  if Janelle grew up in a very sexually repressive culture, especially for women, she may have learned to hide that part of herself even more.  I don't think she would feel comfortable talking about that side of herself on TV.  Kody putting it "out there" on the show is his way of giving her the big finger, in my opinion.  His attempt to mortify her.

• Like 16
On 11/28/2023 at 2:39 AM, Yeah No said:

Also, I don't for one minute believe that at some point after he married Robyn, (probably years ago already), he didn't realize this but still chose to string the other wives along, telling himself that they should have known what they were signing on for.  And rather than being an adult about it and leveling with them so that they could make their decisions before spending years trying to get blood from a stone, he chose to do nothing and let them "swing in the breeze".   And there is NO EXCUSE for that AT ALL.  He might be able to get sympathy for being duped by his religion into thinking it was a good idea to marry women he wasn't in love with or chose based on compatibility, but no one's going to have any sympathy for what he knowingly did to them much later on that went on for years.  And how he could just expect 3 other wives so be OK with seeing him fall in love with a new wife and accept this as "their lot in life" as ordained by God (supposedly) is unbelievable to me.  But that's just how narcissistic and misogynistic this bastard really is.

Yes!  Kody is only just now admitting (and using as an excuse) that he married the OG3 for other reasons than love.  He treated them all, children included, like second class citizens, and then was mystified when they all left his ass.  Since he could no longer keep up the act of being the loving polygamist husband and father, he came up with this pitiful excuse.  Not being "in love" with three women he spiritually married and had children with does not excuse him of the responsibility of the families he created.  Every time I hear him start to explain himself, I think he will be human and say that he regrets his actions which have alienated most of his family members, but instead he doubles down and acts the victim.

• Like 5
  • Applause 8
  • Love 4
On 11/28/2023 at 10:47 AM, RoxiP said:

Besides, the religious aspects, I also think Kody was influenced by wanting to have sex, which in most strict religious sects is forbidden outside of marriage.  (

Oh I'm sure....having sex with multiple women and having multiple knocked up women prancing around him at the same time made him feel like a stud,  he was loving that....but all that's long gone so he "never loved them".    I think he forgot that kids grow up and have a mind of their own and might not always worship him the way they did when they were little.   Such an ass

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 12/1/2023 at 12:48 PM, thatsall said:

Had to google photos for this; and indeed, they are remarkable.

What I find even more remarkable than the earlobes is Meri's decision not to replace that front crown that is so distinctly and distractingly not colored similarly to the rest of her dentition, which is quite straight and aesthetic. Evidently Meri has worn Invisalign recently (no small commitment, from personal experience), which optimized her smile; but still no changes for the discolored front tooth. Mind boggling.

Sometimes, people do whitening or refinements after their Invisalign regime is completed.  Maybe she is doing that.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
On 11/27/2023 at 5:04 PM, Roslyn said:

but he was really pissed because it was her job to keep a house worthy of King Kody.

This is absolutely true, and totally galling, because he never would've have visited her, big fancy house either. Meri's had an elevator, and did he ever step foot in it?

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Like 4