Type keyword(s) to search

S05: All Season Thread

• Start Topic

"Is This a Dagger Which I See Before Me?". Controversy at home spoils Ethan and Olivia's European trip. Meanwhile, Moriah makes a big decision without warning and meets Micah in Cairo to discuss the fallout with their parents.

I finally watched this one and TBH, I was bored and am having trouble remembering what happened, but I think they mentioned something about Kim using a credit card she got in Ethan's name and getting angry when Olivia cut off her access. I am not sure though, because it was only briefly mentioned the one time.

• Olivia, you knew what you were getting into when you married that man-child. Deal with it.
  • Ethan needs to grow up.
  • Moriah needs to grow up as well and quit dressing like a stripper. That was shitty of her to turn on Olivia, though. Ditto for deciding to split without telling Olivia and Ethan while they were in Europe. I bet she left a mess at the house, too.
  • Micah looks like a dick with that Gavin Newsome haircut, but it fits. How the hell can he afford a place of his own, especially if he's not doing much modelling now? Oh yeah, way to backstab Olivia, dude!
  • Kim is a narcistic bitch. I rolled my eyes at her commenting on what "the community" would think about her and her spinning the separate living situation. 
  • Barry still manages to be a blank slate and a creep. I rolled my eyes at him saying that Olivia had been "brainwashing" Micah and Moriah. Yeah, whatever, dude. Oh yeah, Barry sublimates all his energy into "working out" now.  It was amusing to watch his mis-matched physique. thruout this ep.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

A 17 year old goes in halfsies with a grown man on an airplane with the help of his mother who has a drinking problem and owned a failed dance studio. What could go wrong here?

Yea Kim. That whole double date thing is totally normal. What a dipshit she is. 

Edited by JayDub1987
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

Barry shouldn’t talk to people. 
“If people ask me why Moriah got this tattoo, I’ll tell them….”

Dude, nobody gives a squirt of duck shit what you’re grown ass kid tattoos on themselves. I have multiple tattoos, and I doubt that one person has ever asked my parents the meaning behind any of them. 

Also, if you have to constantly tell people you’re a rebel, you’re probably not a rebel. You’re an attention whore. 

Edited by JayDub1987
  • Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

Wait. Her hair all fell out when she was a child, and now her answer is to fry it? Seems counterproductive. 

What happened?  Why did Moriah not have hair?

My satellite cut out for a couple of minutes, so I missed her story.

7 hours ago, Ziggy said:

What happened?  Why did Moriah not have hair?

My satellite cut out for a couple of minutes, so I missed her story.

Apparently she had a very severe case of alopecia as a child and was bald (including no eyebrows or lashes) for a few years.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Moriah is so incredibly damaged. It's painful to watch her. She looks totally emaciated in her talking head wearing that black criss cross top thingy. Girl needs help. I hope someone in that sick family can see that. 

Micah has one foot in LA and the other in Cairo. I guess he will go where ever TLC wants to film. 

Kim has to let it be known she co-signed for the plane. Because she's a great mom and her son loves her for it. Then she had to rub it in how happy she is that she didn't need Barry's approval to do it. She's a big girl now! Go have a few more drinks and get behind the wheel, you moron!

I am shocked at how young all these kids are. Moriah is 20. Micha must not be far ahead of her. Ethan and Olivia married 4 years and are only 24? Holy crap! That's a lot of living these kids have squished in their lives. They are all still babies!

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I am shocked at how young all these kids are. Moriah is 20. Micha must not be far ahead of her. Ethan and Olivia married 4 years and are only 24? Holy crap! That's a lot of living these kids have squished in their lives. They are all still babies!

Yet none of the Plath kids have any education to speak of.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, applewood said:

So, when Ethan and Olivia went on their first date Ethan took 20 minutes to order because he had never seen a menu before? Whaaat??? So I assume the Plaths never ever went to restaurants??

Kim had super strict dietary restrictions…..for the kids. So I’m sure they couldn’t go out to eat. 

• Like 3

Interesting that Ethan uses the pictures on menus because the “fonts” are confusing. Just how illiterate is he?

I believe that some forms of alopecia are stress induced. Since Moriah’s was temporary I wonder if stress was the cause. 

• Like 5

Kim kept saying that she was a co-signer on the loan but Isaac is only 17. I worked in a (Canadian) bank for 35 years and we would never have lent money to someone who was not a legal adult.
I wonder if Barry is the other actual co-signer but it makes a better storyline if they pretend it’s Isaac. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, JayDub1987 said:

Kim had super strict dietary restrictions…..for the kids. So I’m sure they couldn’t go out to eat. 

I remember that. Didn't she forbid them from eating sugar, too? I guess she wanted to hoard it all for herself. Do as I say, not what I do, huh, Kim? 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
On 9/24/2023 at 9:34 PM, ChiCricket said:

Maybe if he wore a paper bag on his head... 🤮

One would hope he would wear 2, in case one falls off. 

So, I get the feeling booze hound Kim and Popeye told Moriah and Micha and Isaac and creepy Jesus freak to post that social media stuff about Olivia, and in return, Moriah gets help with rent, Isaac gets an airplane, Micha has a boat and rents paid and Lydia gets a lifetime of bibles. So creepy to watch her and hear her say I am the oldest girl and she welcomed her sisters like they had been gone for months when they probably were at in the back yard

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Shelbie said:

Kim kept saying that she was a co-signer on the loan but Isaac is only 17. I worked in a (Canadian) bank for 35 years and we would never have lent money to someone who was not a legal adult.
I wonder if Barry is the other actual co-signer but it makes a better storyline if they pretend it’s Isaac. 

My wife spent years in banking, and I do real estate. There’s no bank that either of us have ever heard of that would even let a minor sign for a loan, let alone on an airplane. 

1 hour ago, camom said:

Interesting that Ethan uses the pictures on menus because the “fonts” are confusing. Just how illiterate is he?

I believe that some forms of alopecia are stress induced. Since Moriah’s was temporary I wonder if stress was the cause. 

They’ve said before that none of the kids were educated enough to function in the real world. I’d guess his reading level is incredibly low. 

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I remember that. Didn't she forbid them from eating sugar, too? I guess she wanted to hoard it all for herself. Do as I say, not what I do, huh, Kim? 

Exactly. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

My wife spent years in banking, and I do real estate. There’s no bank that either of us have ever heard of that would even let a minor sign for a loan, let alone on an airplane. 

They’ve said before that none of the kids were educated enough to function in the real world. I’d guess his reading level is incredibly low. 

Exactly. 

Last season, Ethan said he was so poorly educated he could barely read and Olivia was helping him with it.  He said that, when he expressed an interest in cars, Kim sent him out to the barn to work on an old car there and that is all the 'schoolwork' he did.  He seemed pretty resentful that he had such a limited education.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 4

So, even though Lydia and Isaac are close in age, she thinks she is sooooo much more mature than Isaac. Funny, she seems incredibly immature to me. The guy that Isaac is going in on with the airplane stated that he is comfortable doing so because Isaac is so mature. Shut up, Lydia.

• Like 8
29 minutes ago, TipseyGirl said:

So, even though Lydia and Isaac are close in age, she thinks she is sooooo much more mature than Isaac. Funny, she seems incredibly immature to me. The guy that Isaac is going in on with the airplane stated that he is comfortable doing so because Isaac is so mature. Shut up, Lydia.

She gets her self righteousness from her mother. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
On 9/20/2023 at 8:07 AM, TipseyGirl said:

Kim, shut up about dating around your kids. They aren't ready for that. 

Word is that Kim is dating that flight instructor of Isaiah's. She found herself a sucker pretty quickly. Here's the story:

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/9012673/welcome-to-plathville-kim-plath-barry-new-boyfriend-divorce/

On 9/19/2023 at 11:53 PM, JayDub1987 said:

“this divorce is the hardest thing my parents have gone through.” Yea, fuck that whole mom running over your brother thing. 

Wowza, goes to show how effed up these people really are. Moriah being the worst of the bunch in my opinion.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 3
On 9/27/2023 at 1:17 PM, JayDub1987 said:

Did the dietary restrictions not extend to herself?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Yeah, Kim was "dating" that guy before she ever decided on a divorce.  Not buying the story Kim is trying to sell.

Lydia is turning into Kim pestering Isaac about whether and who he is dating.  He needs to keep her out of the loop.  It's none of her business.  She needs to get a life of her own instead of being Barry's surrogate wife.  And both she and Isaac know nothing about what really went on with Ethan and the credit card.  I would love to hear Isaac explain exactly how Ethan benefited from paying Kim's bills and having her steal the points he had "earned".  

I felt sorry for Ethan with the menu.  That has to be an embarrassing thing to admit.  I'm guessing he is basically literate, but he doesn't have the skills to figure out things from context and grow his vocabulary.  He could do with some adult literacy tutoring from someone who knows what they are doing.  It's nice that Olivia is helping him, but he needs someone with teaching skills to help him level up.

• Like 7
On 10/1/2023 at 1:40 PM, Meow Mix said:

Lydia is turning into Kim pestering Isaac about whether and who he is dating.  He needs to keep her out of the loop.  It's none of her business.  She needs to get a life of her own instead of being Barry's surrogate wife

But didn’t you hear? She’s the “oldest female in the house.” That means she’s the stand-in wife and mother. Fortunately, she’s bought all the way into the cult shit that these people push so she’s a viable replacement. 

• Sad 2

"No Legacy Is So Rich as Honesty". Ethan struggles to find balance between Olivia and his family. Barry and Micah strengthen their bond. Olivia reunites with her sister. Kim considers dating again as her divorce progresses.

Zzzz... I finally got around to dragging thru the second ep of the season. Bored.

• What's the deal with the bloody establishing shots?
  • Micah and Barry work out. Like manly men.
  • Olivia's sister, Lydia Grace, visits but Ethan unexpectedly drops by.  Lydia interviews about drama. 
  • Kim meets her "good friend", Sue at Bradley's Sausage Store. I don't think it's really here in Tallahassee. Kim tries to act concerned about Barry and her children but wants to start dating. Sue knowingly says something about it being someone she already knows. Hmmm...
  • Olivia and Lydia goto the beach. Blah blah blah.
  • Barry and Moriah act surprised to see each other at the family farm. She claims Olivia stole her music and Ethan told her to pay the rent, so she cut them off. She reveals that she wants to be baptized. Again.
  • Ethan works on his car in GA and talks about his side of the story. 
  • Back at the beach, Lydia thinks Olivia saw Kim was like her but unlike Kim, wants to improve herself.
  • Like 1

I call your ZZZ's and add my Yawn. This episode circled the drain. The only think that made me the least bit awake was hearing Lydia again talk about her close relationship with her dad. I repeat for her sake her FATHER. They are not equals. That poor girl is in need of help and not in a spiritual way. I do not find Olivia and Eathen as cringe and backward as others. I see a couple who married too young struggling to keep and grow a relationship. Kim is hopelessly self-centered. Her poor pilot bf. That will end sooner but messier than it did with her marriage. The little parts of Maria (ap?) showed again her hypocrisy. I found My God, but I don't have to forgive and I don't have to own my shit.

Frankly, I am surprised I found a whole paragraph to post. I think this show is circling the drain.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 9/13/2023 at 8:05 PM, Meow Mix said:

Kim was so already involved with that guy.  I suspect she may have been involved with him before she even left Barry.  I wonder what ultra religious Lydia would say about that if she figured it out.  Kim and her friend were extremely obvious about it.

I agree. Kim was totally pretending to be coy, like when she "accidentally" let slip to the kids about the divorce. 🙄

On 9/20/2023 at 8:07 AM, TipseyGirl said:

Quite an interesting getup Moriah chose for her baptism - boots and all. This family is just so weird and inappropriate.

I caught a glimpse of that in the previews at the end of the second episode and thought "Aren't you supposed to wear a white robe and do that in a church, not in a scummy drainage pond while wearing nightclub wear?"🤔 

Oh! Was she wearing suede go-go boots? 😮

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

This episode was light on Moriah, so there was at least that.

Micah is as deep as a puddle.  And I was rolling my eyes so hard at the people raving about his posing.  He wasn't all that, but I'm sure they were doing what the producers told them to do.

Isaac has obnoxious friends, but they are very young, so I cut them a little slack.  I thought the woman at the coffee shop was more polite in shooting down his friend that she needed to be.  They sat at that table making gross remarks about women, then hat boy thinks he can just strut up to her and she will give him her phone number.  He was a total slob and I am sure she was thinking not if he was the last man on earth.

Barry is either doing better at being a father to his kids or he is smart enough not to show us anything negative on camera.  I hope it's the former and he truly is trying to be there for them while Kim is off being Kim.

And speaking of Kim, I will say it again, she was involved with her racist boyfriend before she ever left Barry.  I wanted to slap that smirk off her face.  I wonder if Isaac will be bullied into accepting the situation if he wants to have access to the plane.

Honestly, Ethan and Olivia need to wind this up.  They are discovering who they are and while they may make great friends, they will not make a great married couple.  They are drifting apart spiritually.  Ethan wants to stay in Minnesota and I am sure Olivia doesn't want to stay more than the agreed-upon year.  Ethan wants kids NOW and I'm not sure Olivia wants them at all.  It's OK to call it quits rather than sticking it out and being miserable.  No one is the bad guy here, they just want very different things.

• Like 6
20 hours ago, geej said:

Frankly, I am surprised I found a whole paragraph to post. I think this show is circling the drain.

It's been bugging me awhile because i could not put my finger on it, but I noticed this show is very reminiscent of The Hills now. Did they change producers from last year? 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Micah is as deep as a puddle.  And I was rolling my eyes so hard at the people raving about his posing.  He wasn't all that, but I'm sure they were doing what the producers told them to do.

"Nice. Oh niiiiiiiccceee. NICE! Yes! PERFECT! Niiiiiiiiiiicccccccceeeee!!!"

They were ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

I hope Ethan and Olivia can make it. Ethan is a bit uneducated and naive but he seems like a kind and good person and Olivia could do a lot worse. The idea of moving to a new city every year and going on 3-4 trips to Europe every year sounds great but they won’t have the show income forever and I will never believe Olivia makes a fortune as an occasional wedding photographer. I guess she wants to be a bartender now? I’m not sure how Ethan can get a steady job if he has to move yearly and have months off for travel. Micah seems like he is tired of LA and wants to move home-the same story of thousands of other would be actors and models. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
18 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

What the heck happened to him? He seemed like a nice guy but this season he comes across as a Hollywood douchebag. I suspect his eyebrow-acting has become more pronounced, too, unless his Gavin Newsome haircut makes it more noticeable. 

• Like 3

I can’t believe how narcissistic Kim is. I hope she reads these posts - Kim has nice hair but her appeal ends there. She’s mean, self serving and really doesn’t give a crap about her kids. Buy that ticket and sail away from everything and everyone Kim. They don’t need you with that attitude. 

Moriah you are so immature. If you’re acting for the show that’s one thing. But I think you are uneducated and a mean girl. You crave attention and will get it any way you can.

Micah without Olivia’s pictures and contacts you would be nowhere. You said your modeling work is not working out well. Maybe put some effort into making contacts and DOING THE WORK. Being pretty is not enough. You have no education to do anything else unless you go back to Cairo and work minimum wage and live at home. 

• Applause 6
(edited)

Both Micah and Moronah owe everything they have to Olivia taking them under her wing and showing them the world. The way they've turned on her without any legit reason is gross. Ethan has said ivia want lying about Kim, yet these two dimwits decide to trash Olivia publicly and call her a list? FTS. I hope Micah and Moronah end up in Cairo forever, while Ethan and Olivia continue to travel the world and live in different places and just experience life and all it has to offer.

Also, Isaac is pretty full of himself for no apparent reason, which is a trait sadly embedded in his parental gene pool. However, he'd going to get knocked down several pegs when he finds out his mommy is screwing his plane buddy. That ought to be fun for him (not). Perhaps then he'll see what Ethan and Oliva see in Kim, the worst mom on TLC.*

*Actually that's a toss up between Kim and Sobbyn Brown.

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
On 10/12/2023 at 2:47 PM, Madding crowd said:

I hope Ethan and Olivia can make it. Ethan is a bit uneducated and naive but he seems like a kind and good person and Olivia could do a lot worse. The idea of moving to a new city every year and going on 3-4 trips to Europe every year sounds great but they won’t have the show income forever and I will never believe Olivia makes a fortune as an occasional wedding photographer. I guess she wants to be a bartender now? I’m not sure how Ethan can get a steady job if he has to move yearly and have months off for travel. Micah seems like he is tired of LA and wants to move home-the same story of thousands of other would be actors and models. 

I agree with some of this in that it's hard to get established in any career if you are moving around.  My understanding was that they agreed to try out different places for three years, not do this forever.  And it was originally Ethan's idea in that he said he wanted to experience more of the country.  Now he wants to just stay in Minnesota.

As far as Olivia goes, yes Ethan can be a nice guy when he isn't burying himself in his cars and going no contact for weeks at a time.  However, saying she should stick to this marriage because she could to worse is not a ringing endorsement.  She could also live a great life as a single person and possibly continue her education before settling down.  Neither one of them has to be married to have fulfilling lives.  I think Ethan would be happy just hanging out in Minnesota and possibly meeting someone more interested in living in a small town and having a few kids.  I don't think Olivia is that person and that's OK.  

• Like 4

No one is forcing Olivia to stay married, if she wants to be single she can.What I meant by she could do worse is that if she loves Ethan and wants to stay married, I think he will be a kind and good husband. It was Olivia’s choice to move around the country, she says so on her Instagram. Ethan chose Minnesota because he has family there. Ethan does bury himself with his cars and Olivia takes off for Europe for months at a time. Wouldn’t work for my marriage but it might work for them. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So Kim is all about herself and Barry is focusing on making a secure home for his children. My Kim hatred just grows and grows. 

Ethan is such a baby. He’s so disrespectful of his wife and obviously doesn’t care about her feelings. Olivia is no Angel, but next to Ethan she looks pretty good. Thank goodness they don’t have kids. Kim and Ethan are actually quite a bit alike. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
12 hours ago, camom said:

So Kim is all about herself and Barry is focusing on making a secure home for his children. My Kim hatred just grows and grows. 

I find myself disliking Kim more and more as the show goes on. I wonder how long her and Ken have really been dating. I totally think she was cheating on Barry.

She's really put on quite a bit of weight as well.

• Like 8