Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Good Cop Bad Cop

• Start Topic

As alliances solidify, others work on new theories about their fellow housemates; in a revealing challenge, competitors must prove themselves masters of deception as they are subjected to an interrogation while hooked up to a heart rate monitor.

Airs July 31st.

I like this group. They were pretty good liars on interrogation. I especially like Gabriel and Hugo, they’re fun. I don’t remember seeing any clues about Jenny McCarthy, they should have at least shown us what clues referred to her. And if the clue says JR’s relative is Lil Naz X, then what’s with all the baby clues? Gabriel has been lucky coz no one’s pulled his clue so far but his is the only one left. He’s also lucky Chris shares clues with him and tells him what they mean.

Eta: I forgot the babies are for Gabriel’s relative. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 4

Ha, they were so shocked when Jenny McCarthy was revealed.  It's fun when they're fooled.

I'm glad Chris is still here--he's my favorite--although next week doesn't look good for him.  Of course, if the preview says someone is in trouble, that usually means they'll be fine.

The Lil Nas X clue was so clear:  Bold Artist...Old Town Road.  Some clues are kind of hard, but this one was obvious.

• Like 2

There must have been Jenny mccarthy clues somewhere along the way. The cast ignored them and I think the TV audience did as well. I can't even think of anything Jenny M was famous for besides the partners she had. Did anyone see any clues on the board that pointed to her? Was she on The View for a short time?

What I remember her for is claiming she cured her son of autism through diet, then blasting jim Carrey for not continuing a relationship with her son after they broke up, because it was devastating to an autistic kid to lose a relationship with an adult. Even though she had written a book about how her son was cured. Other than that, I have no clue about her celebrity status.

• Like 4

Wow, I never saw Jenny McCarthy as the relative for Olivia (I was thinking Jim Carrey, but the participants were convincing me about Carrot Top).  I guess the one clue for her was the Mask (as noted by mertensia).  If there were clues for Jim Carrey as a way to get to Jenny McCarthy then it would seem she's not famous enough for people to guess her without her relationship partner(s).  I guess they could have had needles/syringes with a red circle with the cut off over them for her anti-vax stance (as she tried to convince everyone that vaccines caused her son's autism.

I thought it was good strategy to put her up as the guesser as they didn't have any idea (other than Carrot Top) about who she was related to.  

I really liked the challenge of the "interrogation" and found it fun.  Gabriel has a pretty good read on things but stays low key so that he doesn't become a target.  I like the partnership/friendship that is developing between him and Chris.

Fun show and I'm enjoying the participants.  Oh, and once again the eliminated person got a video, so it's only Carly (so far) who didn't get one.

Oh, and even though Olivia went home with a wrong guess about Karsyn, I think the group will finally focus on Dale Earnhardt Jr., and she may be gone soon.

1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

There must have been Jenny mccarthy clues somewhere along the way. The cast ignored them and I think the TV audience did as well. I can't even think of anything Jenny M was famous for besides the partners she had. Did anyone see any clues on the board that pointed to her? Was she on The View for a short time?

What I remember her for is claiming she cured her son of autism through diet, then blasting jim Carrey for not continuing a relationship with her son after they broke up, because it was devastating to an autistic kid to lose a relationship with an adult. Even though she had written a book about how her son was cured. Other than that, I have no clue about her celebrity status.

Don’t forget she also blamed his autism on vaccinations and has been vocally anti-vax, writing books and advocating against them, even during COVID.  

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

I think Jenny McCarthy is "famous" but she's not really famous for anything in particular so she's a tough one to guess.  I think the only way to get Chris out is the same strategy, have him be the guesser and he guesses wrong.

I just love this show.  I love the Jonas Brothers and I love how the show doesn't take itself too seriously.  The interrogator was hilarious.  And I love how everyone in the house gets along.  No stupid drama like Big Brother or the Bachelor.   

• Like 8

I found the interrogator creepy. Too bad Olivia was the guesser and guessed wrong because I think she would have gone far. Just slipped under the radar with her personality and relative. 

Edited by jackjill
  • Like 4

Love this show and my husband, who hates all the reality shows I watch, even got sucked in. I love how nice everyone seems and there isn't all the political/social commentary that had infiltrated my other reality shows (like Survivor and BB). Just some good honest fun entertainment. And neat to guess who they are. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Wow, I never saw Jenny McCarthy as the relative for Olivia (I was thinking Jim Carrey, but the participants were convincing me about Carrot Top).  I guess the one clue for her was the Mask (as noted by mertensia).  If there were clues for Jim Carrey as a way to get to Jenny McCarthy then it would seem she's not famous enough for people to guess her without her relationship partner(s).  I guess they could have had needles/syringes with a red circle with the cut off over them for her anti-vax stance (as she tried to convince everyone that vaccines caused her son's autism.

I thought it was good strategy to put her up as the guesser as they didn't have any idea (other than Carrot Top) about who she was related to.  

I really liked the challenge of the "interrogation" and found it fun.  Gabriel has a pretty good read on things but stays low key so that he doesn't become a target.  I like the partnership/friendship that is developing between him and Chris.

Fun show and I'm enjoying the participants.  Oh, and once again the eliminated person got a video, so it's only Carly (so far) who didn't get one.

Oh, and even though Olivia went home with a wrong guess about Karsyn, I think the group will finally focus on Dale Earnhardt Jr., and she may be gone soon.

Yeah, as I mentioned in last week's thread, it's weird to me they would use Jim Carrey clues for her when they broke up in 2010!  Jenny has been married to Donnie Wahlberg since 2014 so they could've used clues for him such as NKOTB, that cop show he's on, etc...  It's sad that they have a "celebrity relative" on this show who is such a blackhole of nothingness that they have to do more clues of their ex....

I know this may make me look dumb, but I never would've gotten Jimmy Carter with those clues.  Obviously, I know who he was, but he was President when I was like 5-9.  I wasn't paying attention to anything politics then. 

• Like 1

Only things I know Jenny Mccarthy to be famous for are: Her and Chris Hardwick Hosted Singled Out on MTV in the 90's, she posed for Playboy multiple times, Judge on The Masked Singer and Married to Donny Walberg. Really thought Olivia could've went far. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Whimsy said:

It's sad that they have a "celebrity relative" on this show who is such a blackhole of nothingness that they have to do more clues of their ex....

Right? Lol. Almost unfair when you have A-listers likeTom Hanks and Alicia Keys where one clue gives them away, then you have Olivia, whose relative could have had the whole wall filled with clues about her and she still would have flown under the radar! If she'd won, Carly would have been so mad, lol.

Edited by kassandra8286
  • LOL 2
18 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I know this may make me look dumb, but I never would've gotten Jimmy Carter with those clues. 

Same. And I don't think any of these people would have put it together either without Jane.

There Chris goes again with his 'I figured it out!' when he decidedly did not figure it out lol.

Olivia could have won this thing. I even thought I was smart for knowing that Carrot Top had won a Razzie award! Well played by Karsyn, whom I am now convinced is related to Danica Patrick. 

The bunny for Playboy makes sense in regard to Jenny McCarthy. (For the young ‘uns, it was a BIG deal if you were a Playmate in the ‘90s … six-figure deals for covers and the savvier ones like McCarthy were able to propel entire careers from it).

Gabriel is playing this game so well because people are overlooking his sunny disposition and not realizing he might be the smartest one there.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, jabRI said:

so who was the interrogator? i missed a few minutes, could not rewind.!

7 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

They called him Derrick I think.

The fact that they called him Derrick took me to The Good Place and actor Jason Mantzoukas, but while there is a resemblance, I don't think it was him after all.

Edited by leocadia

I like this group of players a lot better than last year's, by and large. With a few exceptions (most notably Tom Hanks' niece), they have the right balance of being friendly yet diehard competitors. I don't feel as tense as I did last season.

Loved the cold water being thrown on everyone with the wrong answer for Karsyn and out-of-nowhere relative for Olivia. Not because I dislike anyone, but because it's good to have their collective confidence shaken up at this later stage of the game. Keeps it interesting!

(Superficial note: Karsyn is cute as hell and also has the deadpan humor going strong, which I appreciate 🥰)

Also, this isn't a spoiler, just speculation about the winner:

Spoiler

It's Gabriel, right? I mean...he's winning this, right?

Edited by tracyscott76
12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Gabriel is my fave so I hope he wins. I think it'll probably be him or Chris. 

It feels like those two are the only ones that you could call protagonists, though Chris sometimes veers into antagonist territory. Monay, Karsyn, and Hugo are all key players, but not super dominant in the narrative except as they relate to the other two. And JR is...also there.

Just now, tracyscott76 said:

It feels like those two are the only ones that you could call protagonists, though Chris sometimes veers into antagonist territory. Monay, Karsyn, and Hugo are all key players, but not super dominant in the narrative except as they relate to the other two. And JR is...also there.

Exactly this. I could see Chris maybe betraying Gabriel at some point and putting himself even more into antagonist territory.

• Like 3
23 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

And JR is...also there.

JR is the only one remaining who I feel pretty confident won't be winning. Dude gets like 30 seconds of air time per episode. 

I like that we've had more wrong guesses this season. It makes that part of the episode more interesting instead of the foregone conclusion it was in each episode last season. 

• Like 3
On 8/2/2023 at 6:25 PM, leocadia said:

The fact that they called him Derrick took me to The Good Place and actor Jason Mantzoukas, but while there is a resemblance, I don't think it was him after all.

It wasn’t, but I said out loud as I watched that this guy is probably Jason’s stand-in.

The “funny bunny” clue from Telephone was definitely for Olivia - I was a kid in the 90s but I remember Jenny McCarthy being known as the “goofy” playmate.

• Like 2

If they used Jim Carey's movies as a hint to Jenny McCarthy, to be fair they should have had a Tom Hanks clue (like the Librerty Bell for Philedelphia, not the freaking BENCH!) for Rita Wilson. If I were Carly, I'd be even more pissed.

My pick for winner is Monay, simply because her celebrity (see below) is too obscure.  

I wonder what Olivia's clue looked like.  Gabriel is the only player whose clue we haven't seen.

July 12

Known (via Google):

Hugo: Grandfather, Athlete, Nobel Peace Prize --

Spoiler

Jimmy Carter

Monay: Father, Athlete, Emmy 

Spoiler

JB Smoove

J.R. Brother, *Singer, *NBA Championship Ring

Spoiler

Lil Nas X

Suspected:

Chris: *Father, *Singer, Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame -- Donny Osmond

Karsyn: *Uncle, Musician, *Some kind of Hall of Fame – Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Gabriel: Brother, *Athlete, NAACP Award -- Da Baby

Out:
Carly -- Tom Hanks

Travis -- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Jane -- Dolly Parton

Shayne – Eddie Murphy

Cole – Alicia Keys

Olivia – Jenny McCarthy

18 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I wonder if they are allowed to take their own clue bottle to keep anyone else from seeing it.  

I think it came out at some point in the first season that you can't pull your own clue. I think the closest you can get to protecting your own clue is if you're teamed up with someone you really, really trust (which would be shaky for me, personally, I think the only duo in either season that was close enough for that kind of trust was maybe LC and Logan), and you both agree to take each other's clues and not reveal them to anyone else. But there'd be all kinds of potential pitfalls on that, including that you'd need to make sure you both won a challenge before anyone else grabbed one of your clues. 

• Like 1
On 8/1/2023 at 6:42 AM, tinkerbell said:

In addition to the rabbits and mask the bloody knife was one of her clues. She was in Scream 3. The pole dancer was probably also her clue. 
The baseball glove could also refer to Baseketball.