Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: It's Giving Karma

• Start Topic

After a shocking elimination, one competitor has a target on their back; a supersized game of telephone puts the contestants' communication skills to the test as theyrecite and decode limericks; new, helpful clues are found on the clue wall.

Airs July 24th.

Cole was definitely the sure guess after all the extra clues. I liked him. If his clues weren’t so obvious, he could have gone far, he was playing well. 
SNL + CYE = JB Smoove

• Like 3

Cole was my favorite, and I'm sorry to see him go, but his relative was obvious with the clues on the board, and during the telephone game.  I have a feeling it is going to come down to Chris, Gabriel, or Hugo.  The youth of the players is making the clues for Hugo and Chris difficult for the others to guess. 

• Like 7

The telephone game cracks me up.  If I were playing, I'd try to memorize one line at a time even if I had to make five trips back and forth.  They did start to do that towards the end.  It's easier to remember one thing at a time than several at once.  And since they were familiar with the game from last season, I'm surprised no one did that right from the beginning.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, mertensia said:

Am I missing something or are people ignoring Olivia?

How on earth did Gabriel get Curb your Enthusiasm from that clue?

The only part of that I guessed correctly was curb, since they showed a car on a curb. I guess if you just thought about things in entertainment that have the word curb in them, it might come to you. Then the other clues would make sense. A finger pointing to you and a person throwing their arms up. I think the last icon of the acting mask means actor. 

• Like 1

Did production secretly want Cole out of this game? I’m suspicious of the timing of the piano suddenly appearing on the clue wall.

I feel like nobody is ever correctly going to guess who Chris is related to. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
4 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

I have that feeling, too, and it cracks me up! Every time I look at him, visions of his relative just SMACK me in the face! They are all going to feel pretty dumb when it's finally revealed.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

Yeah, as soon as I saw Chris I thought he looked identical to Donny Osmond.  Then, I saw a little Colin Jost when he grins. But put his photo up against Donny at that age, and it would be tough to tell them apart.

• Like 1

I hope Chris wins, but he'll win only if the producers want him to win.  I thought last year that no one would get Dean Martin as they were all too young, but all of a sudden they came up with the Rat Pack out of nowhere and then guessed Dean.  As with any reality show, there's manipulation behind the scenes.

• Like 9
16 hours ago, Grammy6 said:

The youth of the players is making the clues for Hugo and Chris difficult for the others to guess. 

Chris is 30 years old, married, and has a daughter. No, I don't just know that ... I looked him up. Hugo is 23. I looked him up too.

• Mind Blown 1

When I said that the age of the contestants made it difficult for them to guess Chris or Hugo, I did not mean the age of Chris or Hugo, but the others seem not to recognize how much Chris looks like his father, because his father isn't part of their knowledge.  His popularity was before their time.  As far as Hugo, once again, their ages don't make his grandfather someone they identify with peanut farmer, or other things in the clue.  Alicia Keys was easy to identify, because she is part of their generation.  Monay even knew that Alicia Keys had a half brother who dated Emma Watson.

• Like 5

I had no idea JB Smoove was involved in SNL.  I've always been a regular watcher of SNL so I knew he's never been a regular cast member or featured player.  I looked it up and it says he was a writer from 2003 to 2006 and had bit parts in some sketches.  The average person wouldn't be aware of that so it was weird that it was in the clue.  

• Like 5

I liked Shayne (it didn't hurt that she was easy on the eyes)

Some clues are a lot easier (like Monay) than others (Karsyn).

Known (via Google):

Hugo: Grandfather, Athlete, Nobel Peace Prize

Spoiler

Jimmy Carter

Chris: *Father, *Singer, Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

Spoiler

Donny Osmond

Monay: Father, Athlete, Emmy

Spoiler

J.B. Smoove

Unknown:

Karsyn: *Uncle, Musician, *Some kind of Hall of Fame

Gabriel: Brother, *Athlete, NAACP Award

J.R: Brother, *Singer, *NBA Championship Ring

Olivia: *Brother, Razzie Award (could not find the occupation)

Out:
Carly -- Tom Hanks

Travis -- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Jane -- Dolly Parton

Shayne -- Eddie Murphy

Cole -- Alicia Keys

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I found it funny that they took so long getting the clues that one of the Jonas brothers had to leave for a concert.  I do wonder why Monay keeps the 'betrayal' line going.  Cole was trying to stay in, so, of course he took the 'known' way out.  I would bet that Monay would have done the same.  Sorry to see Cole leave, but they did figure out his relative and, again, it was the 'known' option.

• Like 3
On 7/25/2023 at 1:14 AM, mertensia said:

Am I missing something or are people ignoring Olivia?

It's probably just that the editing is ignoring her. The others could be thinking about who she is but since it hasn't become a thing yet, they aren't showing it. It's like how Shayne and Monay were clued into who Cole was early but they didn't show us until the last episode because it went along with the plot then.

17 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

SNL + CYE = JB Smoove - well shoot, he didn't even come up on my radar. 

Yea, I never thought of JB Smoove. But assuming that is correct, I can see the resemblance. I also didn't know he was part of SNL but the Curb Your Enthusiasm clue was enough because he was the only Black man I could think of that was on that show.

I was really hoping someone would pick Chris and guess Jim Carey.  That's my favorite part of this show, when someone actually guesses wrong.   Is someone related to Jom Carey though because there do seem to be a lot of clues that relate to him.   I love Chris, he's so cute and looks so much like his relative, who I also had a crush on back in the day!

• Like 7

Could Olivia be related to Jim Carey?

I don’t know JB Smoove well, but tgat clue fis.  are there other clues we’ve seen that connect with him?

So funny how Chris is “related” to other people and they can’t figure his true relation out.  He did well pivoting the Vegas clue to magicians.  Did Donny Osmond do a show with David Blaine?

On 7/25/2023 at 2:50 PM, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

SNL + CYE = JB Smoove - well shoot, he didn't even come up on my radar. I was thinking Tim Meadows.  

I thought Tim Meadows, too. I even had myself convinced she looks a little like him, around the eyes. 

I was a little distracted during part of the episode, but was Olivia actually encouraging someone to guess Jim Carrey for Chris?  If so, that was pretty genius on her part. At this point, I've flip flopped multiple times on whether Olivia is related to either him or Jenny McCarthy. But, either way, those Carrey clues are obviously about her, so reinforcing someone else thinking they're for Chris is pretty good game play. Even better if she's related to Jenny, because she's kind of double misdirecting people on her clues, then. And she wasn't doing it overtly and obviously like Carly was doing in the first episode. 

On 7/25/2023 at 3:50 PM, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

The whole Chris thing is just killing me

Me too!!  the first episode, before they had introduced everyone and were just panning across to everyone, I recognized him and figured they would guess him first, since he looks exactly like his father.  But I guess if the contestants are young enough, they wouldn't be familiar with Donny.  

• Like 1
On 7/25/2023 at 2:50 PM, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

The whole Chris thing is just killing me.  Or maybe it's because I'm old enough to remember his dad quite well back in the day. 

Me three!!!  The first time I saw a picture of the cast, I said - out loud - “that’s an Osmond”. It was so obvious! And when he gave the first clues, I knew immediately that he was one of Donny’s sons. Amazing but kinda fun that no one has picked up on the clues. 

• Like 1
On 7/28/2023 at 7:37 PM, KerleyQ said:

I thought Tim Meadows, too. I even had myself convinced she looks a little like him, around the eyes. 

I was a little distracted during part of the episode, but was Olivia actually encouraging someone to guess Jim Carrey for Chris?  If so, that was pretty genius on her part. At this point, I've flip flopped multiple times on whether Olivia is related to either him or Jenny McCarthy. But, either way, those Carrey clues are obviously about her, so reinforcing someone else thinking they're for Chris is pretty good game play. Even better if she's related to Jenny, because she's kind of double misdirecting people on her clues, then. And she wasn't doing it overtly and obviously like Carly was doing in the first episode. 

Disclaimer- I haven’t been paying attention to the “Jim Carey” clues but I just don’t see them using Jim Carey clues as clues intended for Jenny McCarthy. If anything, they’d use New Kids on the Block clues for her over Jim Carey clues, but even then that’s kind of suspect. They should use clues for the actual celebrity, not a current or ex-husband/boyfriend. Celebrity is a loose term for Jenny McCarthy, but I’m sure they could come up with something. So, if there are Jim Carey clues, then Olivia must be related to Jim Carey. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, JJ1 said:

Me three!!!  The first time I saw a picture of the cast, I said - out loud - “that’s an Osmond”. It was so obvious! And when he gave the first clues, I knew immediately that he was one of Donny’s sons. Amazing but kinda fun that no one has picked up on the clues. 

Yeah, to me Chris looks as much like his father as Simone Biles' sister looked like her last season. I wonder what would happen if they guess his relative to be Marie, or Jimmy Osmond, or one of the other brothers?

46 minutes ago, Gravity Check said:

Yeah, to me Chris looks as much like his father as Simone Biles' sister looked like her last season. I wonder what would happen if they guess his relative to be Marie, or Jimmy Osmond, or one of the other brothers?

Even those these participants don't seem to know who Donny Osmond is, I would think he is the most famous of the Osmonds so if anyone guessed an Osmond it would be him.

• Like 2
On 7/25/2023 at 3:13 PM, Gemma Violet said:

I hope Chris wins, but he'll win only if the producers want him to win.  I thought last year that no one would get Dean Martin as they were all too young, but all of a sudden they came up with the Rat Pack out of nowhere and then guessed Dean.  As with any reality show, there's manipulation behind the scenes.

I won't be surprised if Chris wins at all. Dollly's Niece was likely the only one who could get who he is and she was elimated Quickly.