Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E6: Dangerous Liaisons

• Start Topic

Gino questions Jasmine's fidelity; Riley catches Violet texting another man; Statler can't wait to meet her girlfriend, Dempsey; Cleo worries Christian is having second thoughts.

First Look: 07/07/23; TLC: 09/07/23; Discovery+: 09/07/23;

• Like 2

So Statler who is a proclaimed 'bug girl in the streets and freak in the sheets' wants to Uhaul it from the States to the UK.  I think she's jumping the gun and needs to slow down and meet Dempsy first and see if they are compatible. 

Alina and Caleb  Christian and Cleo finally meet and its AWKWARD. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

So Statler who is a proclaimed 'bug girl in the streets and freak in the sheets' wants to Uhaul it from the States to the UK.  I think she's jumping the gun and needs to slow down and meet Dempsy first and see if they are compatible. 

Alina and Caleb  Christian and Cleo finally meet and its AWKWARD. 

Bug girl? Does she have crabs or something? 

Edited by Shrek
  • LOL 1

I don’t think an American can just unilaterally decide to move to the U.K. permanently.  They have laws.

I guess they are going for complexity this season.  Not just trans but trans and autistic.  Not just lesbian but lesbian and ADHD.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, greekmom said:

So Statler who is a proclaimed 'bug girl in the streets and freak in the sheets' wants to Uhaul it from the States to the UK. 

I predict Statler will be a COMPLETE hot mess. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
25 minutes ago, magemaud said:

People are already speculating that Christian is an alcoholic 

Wasn’t he the one having whiskey for breakfast with his friends? Then, yeah, I could see him as an alcoholic.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

People are already speculating that Christian is an alcoholic 

Isn’t it pretty rare to be cut off by a flight attendant?  And it seemed like it was fairly early in the flight.  May explain why he kissed her when he said he wouldn’t.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
14 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I couldn't say but the scenes from that market were a little too much for me...

I'm running a little behind in watching tonight. I thought that whole "first morning wake up" convo was a bit much. They can't show what they were both describing, but how did it become OK to sign it or speak in a different language about it? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
On 7/8/2023 at 8:04 PM, MrBuhBye said:

I guess they are going for complexity this season.  Not just trans but trans and autistic.  Not just lesbian but lesbian and ADHD.

Hey they've already done lesbian and drug addict/psycho, guess it's the new trend for this show.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

I’m so stoked that Chris kissed Cleo. Cleo is hot. And who cares if she’s trans. It was good to see on T.V. I was mad at Chris that he was hesitating. Cause she’s beautiful and she’s coming to the airport and see you and put you in her house. I did t want her to feel ashamed but I’m glad she will feel like someone sees her for beauty. 

Glad  that we are at a point on TV. When this can be celebrated. Do yo thing Cleo. And go knock the boots Chris. She ready for it. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Isn’t it pretty rare to be cut off by a flight attendant?  And it seemed like it was fairly early in the flight.  May explain why he kissed her when he said he wouldn’t.

He mentioned it was about four hours into the flight. It looked like it was when the lights were dimmed and people were expected to try and get some sleep. The cabin crew needs some down time and I’d be pretty annoyed if a passenger pressed the call button for a whiskey in the middle of the night 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

Long pause.

I think the long pause was because he was in shock that she would ask him that out in public with her friends who he said he wants to make a good impression on. I never understood women who dish to their girlfriends the intimate details of their relationships....call me a prude but, no, just no, that is off limits. I am glad that someone finally called her out for being a hypocrite with the staying friends with the ex situation. And I am sorry, but that video call was WAY too friendly IMHO (her terms of endearment)---if she heard Gino talking that way to a woman she would lose her shit and Lorena Bobbitt him. No one can convince me that she has been celibate for 18 months with Dane still in her life. 

Riley was a jackass. There is no chemistry, no affection between the two of them at all. I thought it was a nice gesture to bring the daughters gifts and they at least seemed somewhat useful and appropriate. I sort of love her no nonsense attitude with him and the fact that she actually stood up for herself and said, look we aren't married, I should be able to have some privacy. I still don't understand why they aren't using a translator app at all. Translating is exhausting if you are doing it constantly. Probably part of the reason Violet is always so pissed off and annoyed---girl is just tired from trying to explain shit to his dumbass in her second language. Let's see Riley say something in Vietnamese. I think a lot of her perceived deception and rudeness is translation issues and cultural differences. Her daughter even said that calling someone a liar is very, very harsh. Loved Violet's mom and her take no bullshit attitude as well. Violet and the girls seem to have a decent life in Ho Chi Minh----why TF would you pack up for Stroudburg, PA?? 

Cleo and Christian---I was shocked her kissed her at the airport. He genuinely seemed happy to see her and his comment about it being a little awkward, I think was just brutal honesty and I am surprised more of these couples don't own up to that. Video calls are SO different than in life interactions which is why I get so annoyed when people on this franchise say "my boyfriend of X years who I never have met in person." then he is NOT your boyfriend. he is a chat buddy. Her cats are adorable and I sort of agree with him that refering to him as their daddy was a bit premature. She seemed very hurt that he didn't try to bang her the first night, but seriously, he has had a long ass trip and is jet lagged AF. Looks like next episode more of his obnoxious personality will come out and Cleo will see what it is like to see him out in the wild, not just on a video call one on one. Not so charming, is he? 

David and Sheila. I thought the ASL set was a thoughtful gift and she seemed to appreciate it. I like her and he so far he seems into her, but JFC I did NOT want or need all the detail about their first night together. and please, stop with dead silence when he is in a new situation. I get it, he is totally deaf. He handled the market way better than a lot of these fools who go to the Philippines. He does look just sweaty and smelly though.......

Statler....this is going to be such a trainwreck. I am heterosexual woman and think she is hot. But once she opens her mouth and starts bragging about how she just wants to fuck anytime and anywhere, no thanks. I loved the chocolate bar she and her friend checked out, great idea. Cringed when she said what her special occasion was----sort of a female gay version of Christian. She just wants attention and shock value wherever she goes. That would get exhausting. Guessing her girlfriend's flight delay will lead to her meeting up with the ex she mentioned. 

Tyree----from the previews, he will be back. At this point I think he is dragging this BS out as long as he can for that TLC payday. I don't blame him, he seems in some desperate financial straits, he sent $$ to a catfish...why not recover something? I predict he will be on the single life, or a new season with someone who he connects with because of this show. 

• Like 16
  • Applause 2
On 7/10/2023 at 9:07 AM, Stuckathome said:

Tyree----from the previews, he will be back. At this point I think he is dragging this BS out as long as he can for that TLC payday. I don't blame him, he seems in some desperate financial straits, he sent $$ to a catfish...why not recover something? I predict he will be on the single life, or a new season with someone who he connects with because of this show. 

We missed the first half because someone decided to nuke the Tivo descriptions between Saturday and Sunday, so I think I agree with you overall, but I know I missed some stuff.

Not only is Tyree completely delusional here, but they're hiring a private investigator to harass that poor woman whose pictures were used by the catfisher?  This is beyond surreal, borderlining into what should be criminal harassment.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, anoninrva said:

but they're hiring a private investigator to harass that poor woman whose pictures were used by the catfisher? 

Perhaps then and only then will he accept that he was not actually texting with that person. Probably not....

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

Perhaps then and only then will he accept that he was not actually texting with that person. Probably not....

Watching catfished on youtube, sometimes, it takes the actual real person who's photos were stolen to tell the person being catfished (in this case Tyrall): "I've never talked to you. Never received money from you. I don't know you. I am a victim too."  So they will FINALLY BELIEVE it.

Sharp is getting too much in the TMI - first with last season's Gabe and now with Jasmine and David.  I don't need to know this much about their sex lives or plumbing issues.

I don't know who mentioned it in the threads but I totally agree. Statler has stage 5 clinginess. The woman needs to dial it down a few notches.

I know we laughed and laughed at Darcy's bathroom cleanup seasons ago, but damn, don't none of these people shower when they get to their destination? It's become a real pet peeve of mine.  And the expectation that things are going to go down when people are jet lagged and sleep deprived.  All I want to do when I get off from a long flight is shower, eat and sleep.  

• Like 10

I think Statler is gorgeous but crass. I do feel sorry, though, for her sense of loneliness and unworthiness. I think a good therapist would help her much more than constant sex and online relationships. But maybe that doesn’t make for good reality tv?

• Like 9
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Sharp is getting too much in the TMI - first with last season's Gabe and now with Jasmine and David.  I don't need to know this much about their sex lives or plumbing issues.

I don't know who mentioned it in the threads but I totally agree. Statler has stage 5 clinginess. The woman needs to dial it down a few notches.

I know we laughed and laughed at Darcy's bathroom cleanup seasons ago, but damn, don't none of these people shower when they get to their destination? It's become a real pet peeve of mine.  And the expectation that things are going to go down when people are jet lagged and sleep deprived.  All I want to do when I get off from a long flight is shower, eat and sleep.  

While I agree with you about TMI I found the Gabe information to actually be educational, the rest of it is just uncalled for & boring.

Statler is just looking for her Waldorf but is going about it the wrong way. She also seems to have the "I'm murican so I can live anywhere I want" attitude.

I call it the Darcy shuffle, and my how we all laughed at her for her bathroom clean up but some of these people make me think that she at least tried. 

After years of flying back & forth across the Atlantic I've found that I like to try & get on the same time zone as quick as possible has helped me not to be awake when everyone else is asleep. Flying business class or at quiet times when you can get a row of seat to yourself helps achieve this.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

. I am glad that someone finally called her out for being a hypocrite with the staying friends with the ex situation

What a world where a woman who has toddleresque temper tantrums says it’s okay for her because she is more mature.  And even if she really believes that why would you want to be with a guy you describe as immature at 53?

• Like 9

No one can convince me that she has been celibate for 18 months with Dane still in her life. 

I think she said it didn’t work out with Dane because he wasn’t passionate in bed.  Now Gino is avoiding sex with her.  She is the common denominator, her personality is a turn off.

calling someone a liar is very, very harsh.

If someone called me a liar the relationship would be over.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

She just wants attention and shock value wherever she goes.

Sex in a church, in an elevator, at an airport.  She’s probably one of those people who talk about sex but don’t really do it much.  If not, that behavior is borderline criminal and if she keeps it up she will rightfully be arrested one day. 

3 hours ago, anoninrva said:

We missed the first half because someone decided to nuke the Tivo descriptions between Saturday and Sunday, so I think I agree with you overall, but I know I missed some stuff.

Not only is Tyree completely delusional here, but they're hiring a private investigator to harass that poor woman whose pictures were used by the catfisher?  This is beyond surreal, borderlining into what should be criminal harassment.

He wasn’t on this episode nor was Meisha.

• Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

If someone called me a liar the relationship would be over.

I don't understand why these two are still "together." And I put that in quotes because I see ZERO passion or affection between the two of them. Their scenes look like Riley is a tourist and Violet is his tour guide showing him around, have they held hands or been affectionate even ONCE. I am shocked that he hasn't mentioned any frustration that she didn't stay the night yet----it has been a few days/week at this point. And when they were at the tailor shop, and the lady asked her "how big is he (or maybe she said it)?" I dont' think she was asking about his belly measurement. It was telling that when she asked her if that was her husband, Violet was very cautious to say he is a friend. I wonder if there isn't SOME reality to his paranoia----she may have multiple men on the line chatting and sending money, not ever expecting one to keep tolerating the drama and then to actually fly to Vietnam. 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I can't possibly be the only person questioning David's level of intellectual development now that we've seen him refer to "bananas" and "donuts." What sort of adult talks like that? If you're mature enough to be having sex, you're mature enough to talk about it like a goddamn grown-up. I'm now even more disgusted with how David's deafness is being handled/portrayed, because it seems pretty evident that both he and Sheila (she, to a far lesser degree) have some developmental arrest and they're just being exploited horribly by this show. I used to NEED to watch each episode as it aired, to avoid spoilers and be able to snark in real time with all y'all. Now I have to record the episodes so I can FFW through certain couples.

Gino and Jasmine would've been fast-forwarded because their story is so tediously one-note. He doesn't wanna fuck the screeching shrew who makes fun of his erectile dysfunction on TV. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I still think Riley is rude and came to Vietnam expecting waaaaaay too much from Violet. He seems to have no awareness of her culture and even less interest in respecting it. He's way too far up in her business for a guy who's still only a potential boyfriend.

Also expecting too much too soon: Cleo. Let Christian sleep off the jet lag before you jump to conclusions about how he feels. He kissed you at the airport - just let that be enough for the time being. Let the rest unfold organically. 

Statler? Who names a kid after one of the Muppet Show balcony hecklers? No wonder she's wack. And she somehow finds another person with a surname for a first name! What are the odds?? All I can say is that her story must've ended up a bust because they've introduced her 3/4 of the way into the season as a fill-in for the pitiful Tyray catfish debacle. The camera operators seemed pretty obsessed with getting close-ups of her Hungry Man TV dinners, which I guess is their way of throwing shade, but it did make me laugh. Also, who eats forkfuls of potato and brownie and corn niblets? So nasty.

Edited by FrancescaFiore
  • Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Wait. So Sattler just goes outside and picks up wood/debris and makes comments on the bugs? Huh? That's called kindergarten.

Cleo is a weirdo, but Christian is extra.

Why are my posts gone?

Riley's eyebrows look like a catepillar. They go almost to his hairline when he has something to say, which is always. 

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

because they've introduced her 3/4 of the way into the season

If only episode six was that far into the season.  Many go 18 episodes lol.

23 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

The camera operators seemed pretty obsessed with getting close-ups of her Hungry Man TV dinners, which I guess is their way of throwing shade, but it did make me laugh. Also, who eats forkfuls of potato and brownie and corn niblets? So nasty.

She was also using a knife where most of the meat items are so soft you can use the side of your fork.

Violet appears to be hedging her bet with Riley.  I don't think she is really into him.  Wish he'd thought to bring something for her mom.  

Statler appears to be a straight shooter with a lot of confidence. She is also easy on the eyes.  So, I can't help but wonder why (according to her) her relationships don't work out.  Something is off.  Someone upthread said that she is moving too fast, which made me thing of this joke. "What does a lesbian bring to a second date?  A U-Haul truck."

I am not a prude, but I would rather not know every single detail of Gino/Jasmine and David/Sheila's intimate moments.  It's almost as if they are going out of their way to make viewers uncomfortable.  Enough already!

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

I can't possibly be the only person questioning David's level of intellectual development now that we've seen him refer to "bananas" and "donuts." What sort of adult talks like that? If you're mature enough to be having sex, you're mature enough to talk about it like a goddamn grown-up. I'm now even more disgusted with how David's deafness is being handled/portrayed, because it seems pretty evident that both he and Sheila (she, to a far lesser degree) have some developmental arrest and they're just being exploited horribly by this show. I used to NEED to watch each episode as it aired, to avoid spoilers and be able to snark in real time with all y'all. Now I have to record the episodes so I can FFW through certain couples.

Gino and Jasmine would've been fast-forwarded because their story is so tediously one-note. He doesn't wanna fuck the screeching shrew who makes fun of his erectile dysfunction on TV. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I still think Riley is rude and came to Vietnam expecting waaaaaay too much from Violet. He seems to have no awareness of her culture and even less interest in respecting it. He's way too far up in her business for a guy who's still only a potential boyfriend.

Also expecting too much too soon: Cleo. Let Christian sleep off the jet lag before you jump to conclusions about how he feels. He kissed you at the airport - just let that be enough for the time being. Let the rest unfold organically. 

Statler? Who names a kid after one of the Muppet Show balcony hecklers? No wonder she's wack. And she somehow finds another person with a surname for a first name! What are the odds?? All I can say is that her story must've ended up a bust because they've introduced her 3/4 of the way into the season as a fill-in for the pitiful Tyray catfish debacle. The camera operators seemed pretty obsessed with getting close-ups of her Hungry Man TV dinners, which I guess is their way of throwing shade, but it did make me laugh. Also, who eats forkfuls of potato and brownie and corn niblets? So nasty.

I think we sometimes underestimate just how much we absorb just by listening to those around us, on tv etc.   David doesn’t have this luxury.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
25 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I think we sometimes underestimate just how much we absorb just by listening to those around us, on tv etc.   David doesn’t have this luxury.  

I'm not sure how being deaf correlates to using childish euphemisms for genitalia. David surely got the same education as the rest of us in the boy's health/girl's health department. Surely he knows the technical terms 'penis' and 'vagina.' If he's going to talk about those things in that level of detail, he should be able to do so without resorting to toddler-speak. It's a penis, not a banana. Not a tinkledink, or a willyworm or any other such thing. And unless David was systemically infantilized by his parents and every teacher since kindergarten, being deaf has nothing to do with discussing adult topics with a modicum of maturity.

Edited by FrancescaFiore
  • Like 5
7 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

David surely got the same education as the rest of us in the boy's health/girl's health department.

And he is HOW old? And this is not a Nicola situation, David has had relationships before with women. he mentioned the last one was with a woman who was also deaf, so she could sign and they were together 4 years. 

• Like 4

Although the snark remains strong and wondrous, the show itself is going downhill.  The producers are pushing the limits to see how much some of us will watch.  I don't want to hear about bananas and donuts.  I don't want to know anything about the kinkiness of Jasmine and Gino.  I don't want to see excessive tempers and jealousies.  And, I don't want to watch not-quirky but annoying people try to convince us how 'quirky' they are (especially when they aren't).

I guess my tolerance for some of these characters/people is reaching its limit.  However, my appreciation for everyone's comments and snark is just as strong as ever, so I guess I'm still in as the forum is so entertaining.  It's a balance I guess-get through the episode so I can enough and understand the forum.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Although the snark remains strong and wondrous, the show itself is going downhill.  The producers are pushing the limits to see how much some of us will watch.  I don't want to hear about bananas and donuts.  I don't want to know anything about the kinkiness of Jasmine and Gino.  I don't want to see excessive tempers and jealousies.  And, I don't want to watch not-quirky but annoying people try to convince us how 'quirky' they are (especially when they aren't).

I guess my tolerance for some of these characters/people is reaching its limit.  However, my appreciation for everyone's comments and snark is just as strong as ever, so I guess I'm still in as the forum is so entertaining.  It's a balance I guess-get through the episode so I can enough and understand the forum.  

Some people just watch PT to get the gist of the storylines.

On 7/10/2023 at 9:17 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder where the relationship will go if Sheila has a medical condition that prevents intercourse.  It sounds like that’s what is happening.  

We finally watched that scene, and it sounds like she hasn't heard of lube and he's still rusty on foreplay.  Sorry for being graphic, but the show kind of beat us to that..

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, anoninrva said:

We finally watched that scene, and it sounds like she hasn't heard of lube and he's still rusty on foreplay.  Sorry for being graphic, but the show kind of beat us to that..

That’s what I was thinking as well. She might not be comfortable with him yet and that’s impacting her sexually. Not that she dislikes him (I think she likes him), but our largest sexual organ is our brain. They JUST met in person, I think they will figure it out. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

That’s what I was thinking as well. She might not be comfortable with him yet and that’s impacting her sexually. Not that she dislikes him (I think she likes him), but our largest sexual organ is our brain. They JUST met in person, I think they will figure it out. 

He’s kind of nerdy with the Charlie Brown shirts so he may not have that much sexual experience.  He said he has been celibate for four years too. So be probably has no idea how to please a woman.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

He’s kind of nerdy with the Charlie Brown shirts so he may not have that much sexual experience.  He said he has been celibate for four years too. So be probably has no idea how to please a woman.

I am far from the most sexually experienced person on Earth- but getting with someone new isn’t always smooth sailing. The way Sheila was smiling and giggling I do think she likes David, but given they just met in person, still have to use a translator app to communicate David’s four year dry spell (I don’t know if Sheila’s been through a dry spell as well), I’m not surprised at all their night didn’t go exactly as planned. 

Cleo’s cats are so sweet looking! I love their faces. Yeah Christian doesn’t know how to interact with cats- let the cat come to you. But he means well. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, anoninrva said:

“David, the donut needs glaze.”

Not to mention Hearing/Listening is how a lot of men learn if a woman is enjoying herself. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 9

He admitted to being very horny and he hardly let Sheila finish eating dinner so I suspect he got right down to business without any foreplay or getting her ready. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Statler? Who names a kid after one of the Muppet Show balcony hecklers? No wonder she's wack. And she somehow finds another person with a surname for a first name! What are the odds??

I’ve seen some people are theorizing that they made up those names to be edgy and they were really born Kate and Jennifer. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5