Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: Boat Load of Throuples

• Start Topic

Capt. Glenn threatens to kick one of the throuple charter guests off during a drunken guest fight; Mads receives a wake-up call that prompts her to dismiss Gary's apology attempt.

Airdate: 07.10.2023

Episodes 16 and 17 are airing back to back on original airing; please be sure to comment in correct topic.

I had to look up what Glenn meant when he accused one guests of getting "aggro." I'm just not with it I guess. Also why do people pay thousands of dollara to charter a yacht so they they can get shit faced drunk, fight and puke in their rooms? Sounds like a fun vacation Not!.

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1

Like a puzzled grammarian attempting to find the correct usage and appliance of “period”, these comments are in the order of the episode scenes broadcast.

Just when you think Gary has hit a new low this season, he tops himself – or rather, lowers himself further.  His reaction to Mads possibly having her monthly visitor (and it is only possibly, since when she told Alex she quickly added she was kidding), but he has to have conversations about it in front of the entire crew!  What a douchebag.

Alex really wasn’t much better, because while I believe he didn’t mean to be vindictive about relating what Mads told him, he should still have just kept his mouth shut.  The men on this crew have been worse gossips than any of the female crew.

When guests start fighting over who gets the “big” drink and asking questions about what is the thread count on the sheets, you know there’s going to be problems.  Not even counting the poor woman who almost drifted away on the inflatable toy in the strong current.

More sailing, more heeling, and more things being displaced.  This time, though, it didn’t look like there was much warning, and Ileisha could have been seriously hurt by hot stuff on the stove.

I don’t envy Glenn having to lay down the law with the drunken guests.  The throuple trouble is making it a lose/lose experience for everyone.  You’d think the other guests would have tried to do something to calm things down, but… no. 

I couldn’t help but think that the failing “disco bulb” in Colin’s cabin is yet another indication this boat is suffering from mechanical issues.  It’s almost as if they were cursed this season. 

Poor Lucy!  Having to deal with all the vomit, crap, etc. from these monster guests.  Not surprised she called her dad and had a bit of a meltdown.  Three more days, Lucy, just three more days.

Meanwhile, with a bunch of sketchy guests on board that need to be watched more than usual, Colin and Daisy are having a lengthy chat below and Gary continues to have a meltdown. 

What will happen next episode?  Will the guest aggro ramp up again?  Will the crew remember to do their jobs instead of continuing their drama?  Will we care?  Stay tuned – one more episode to go!

• Like 7
(edited)

These guests are disgusting and gross, on top of being the weirdest group I've ever seen on BD!  I could not figure out who was whom, who was with whom, and what was the older woman doing there with all of these over the top personalities.

Their behavior was obnoxious and I guess they achieved what they probably started out to do - to be in the top five worst BD guest groups ever.  

You've got to be pretty bad if you make Captain Glenn lose his temper and raise his voice.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 7
  • Love 2

Some of the guests seem fine.  Randy (Ray) was the one that was completely out of hand.  A few others made some not so nice comments, but nothing like the mess that Ray was.  Maybe not the best advertisement for throuple-hood.

Nobody likes to flush a toilet after someone else, but I think Lucy might just be a bit overtired and had an extreme response to it.  Heck, if she had just gone in and flushed it down, WE all wouldn't have had to see multiple shots of it on our televisions.  It's making me question my choices for entertainment. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Some of the guests seem fine.  Randy (Ray) was the one that was completely out of hand.  A few others made some not so nice comments, but nothing like the mess that Ray was.  Maybe not the best advertisement for throuple-hood.

Nobody likes to flush a toilet after someone else, but I think Lucy might just be a bit overtired and had an extreme response to it.  Heck, if she had just gone in and flushed it down, WE all wouldn't have had to see multiple shots of it on our televisions.  It's making me question my choices for entertainment. 

I know that they have to do these things for the tip. But I would have been tempted after seeing the room to close the door and leave it as is. I do not think that stews should be expected to clean up vomit and human waste. Maybe BD needs to keep hazmat suits on hand for guests who can't behave like humans.  These people were pigs. I wonder what they think of themselves when they see the show?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

It was pretty obvious these were not the type of people who belonged on a luxury yacht. I don't mean to be a snob - I've never been on a yacht and I'm sure I never will. But to get that trashed that fast, be that obnoxious, on TV - it's just so tacky. Not even flusing the toilet, jeepers. These people are low class. I don't know where the show found them but I'm sure they were exactly the kind of group Bravo adores.

The irony of Daisy saying she could never be in a throuple. Honey, go back and hit rewind on this season.

Did Alex swim all the way back to the boat with that floatie toy? Wow.

Nobody came off well in Period-Gate, but I couldn't help but notice how Colin was once again stirring the shit. He did that last season too with the stews.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 6

These guests were cast for the throuple gimmick.

Also they're going around in thongs and preening.  Those brilliant minds thought it would make for good TV to have some "colorful" people on.

• Like 3

Good riddance to this season. Someone in the production chain must have a real fetish for bodily functions because it is a gross, immature recurring theme especially on BDSY and BRAVO in general. No need to show the full toilet and a white towel streaked with feces. So many ways to creatively edit it down to get the effect you want without the visuals....unless you wanted the visuals. I'm sorry, but I tune in to see a charter yacht being run. The occassional mishap, argument and hook up of course...but this melee of disgusting dysfunction that has bombarded us is not my idea of entertainment. I was going to say it's aimed at twelve year olds,  but I don't want to disparage them, as I know several that are much more mature than that.  I was going to mention Gary now, but he doesn't apply because he acts more immature than twelve :)

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
44 minutes ago, NaughtyKitty said:

He was using the motorized surfboard thing (fly board?)

I thought he gave that to the older woman to get back to the boat, and then he swam back with the unicorn float.

I would have been crying with Lucy - they were pigs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Nobody came off well in Period-Gate, but I couldn't help but notice how Colin was once again stirring the shit. He did that last season too with the stews.

Yep, and it's why I've never been a big fan. That, and he seemingly has a new girlfriend each season which is a red flag for me.

Everyone let me down, except Ileisha, who was a charming bit of freshness in an otherwise turd bowl of a season. Even Captain Glenn seemingly succumbed to production pressure and at times attempted to micro-manage for drama.

I think all the BD shows have become too formulaic and repetitive. They should freshen things up by having longer, more realistic charters and charter guests. They're missing out on a goldmine opportunity to have crossover episodes. Put the cast of Southern Charm or Vanderpump Rules or one of the Housewives shows on a 3 week charter and watch what happens. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, NaughtyKitty said:

He was using the motorized surfboard thing (fly board?)

No, he used the motorized board to get to the unicorn inflatable thing, but when the old girl fell off, Alex gave her the board and he swam back dragging the inflatable

• Like 4

Ewwww. That fat guy getting a massage on a table where people eat?  I think he was lying face down, entirely naked on the table with a towel draped over his ass. I may be wrong there but I refuse to rewatch one second of this disgusting episode. 

4 hours ago, snarts said:

Everyone let me down, except Ileisha, who was a charming bit of freshness in an otherwise turd bowl of a season.

I wouldn't mind seeing Alex or Chase again, but only if Gary is gone. I wouldn't mind seeing Lucy again either. All the "new" people were good workers and they never fought amongst themselves. I really have a hard time having any respect for Mads though. I'm not shaming her or anything I just think she made some bad choices and was partly responsible for the whole fiasco with Gary.

• Like 7

Does Ileshia cook for the crew? We often see them shoveling pasta-like meals into their faces, but they never really mention what it is or where it came from. I can't imagine it's a bunch of microwave food, as that would get old very quickly. But cooking for the guests seems like a pretty big job already.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, dleighg said:

Does Ileshia cook for the crew? We often see them shoveling pasta-like meals into their faces, but they never really mention what it is or where it came from. I can't imagine it's a bunch of microwave food, as that would get old very quickly. But cooking for the guests seems like a pretty big job already.

I wonder about this most season, sometimes we see the chef making crew meals and radioing that crew meal is ready other seasons we see a lot of take out boxes on the table.  I will tell you for some reason I have visceral reaction to every meal being eaten out of bowls, (it is very Zen Buddhist like but whatever), like every meal is something that is suitable for a bowl?  

• Like 2
(edited)
On 7/11/2023 at 12:13 PM, aghst said:

These guests were cast for the throuple gimmick.

The heavy hand of production was so obvious. Even the Mom was in on it, peeking at the camera and delivering her "lines." Not cute: the line about how they were making fun of a "gimp" earlier in their trip, followed by snark about large people wearing small clothing.

No doubt that they were all drunk, but they were also performing (clumsily).

Colin was once again stirring the shit

That's his assigned role. He's a Bravo whore like the rest of them (including Glenn).

Put the cast of Southern Charm or Vanderpump Rules or one of the Housewives shows on a 3 week charter and watch what happens. 

A Salt Lake city housewife was on BD Adventure or whatever it's called, and Cynthia Bailey from RHoA was on one of the BD episodes.

Good riddance to this season.

And for me, goodbye to the BD series. It's lost all of its charm, and it insults the viewers.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, dleighg said:

It was established early on, probably in the original show, that the chef is in fact responsible for making the crew meals too. I think probably they just make extra of whatever they're preparing for the guests. However, they never refer to this anymore. So either they don't do that anymore or they just never show it.

There is a significant decrease of focus on the meals and the guests in lieu of juvenile crew shenanigans and hookups. They never even showed any of the guest lunches this season. Yet I assume they had them.

• Like 6

Didn't one of the chefs actually throw a bitch fit because he didn't want to be responsible for the crew meals? I think it was Matthew - whom I found destestable. I wouldn't eat anything that he had touched. He seems like the type to be vindictive and take a piss in the food.

• Like 2

These guests are about the most disgusting people I’ve seen on any BD franchise. Just because you have people whose job it is to keep your room clean does not give you the license to abuse that. If you wouldn’t leave a mess like that in your bathroom, don’t do it in a hotel, on a yacht, or wherever. (Or if you DO live in such squalor, get psychiatric help.) 🤮 No use for people who treat staff that way.

Have some fucking respect and decency.