Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E23: Last Call for Music City

• Start Topic

In the season finale, our Nashville couples continue to navigate life after Decision Day.  While one couple remains married, four others face the harsh reality of divorce and finding love again in Music City.  From a tail-wagging soirée, to hurling hatchets, the individuals prepare to bid farewell to the cameras. But will an unexpected hookup send shockwaves through the group?

Airs Wednesday June 7 at 8:00PM EDT.

And I realized after I posted this..EPISODE 23???????

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
13 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Every time I see there’s yet another episode of this tired ass show, I’m like, “what now?!!!”

And yet I continue to watch!  What is wrong with me?????

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 4
44 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Chris might be a nice guy, but he is such a dull, lifeless blob. 

He’s a blob, and she’s an expert on everything and too sure of herself.  She knows everything and runs everything.  Annoying.

• Like 4

wait, so next week it isn't even any of these couples, it's prior participants/victims of this show?!

why?

seemed like gil pretty much shot down the idea of meeting up with dom.... smart guy

she still thinks she's mature.  her mother (and i think she just wanted to be on tv herself) does her no favors for encouraging to be blind to the fact that she's not

• Like 7

Shaq just wanted to marry his mommy apparently. Just endless coddling and nurturing and a unilateral focus on his feelings and needs at all times. You dumped Kirsten and still criticize her for not making you feel better about it and not making herself emotionally available to you going forward? Okay dude.

The fact that he still doesn’t recognize that his expectations are unreasonable, and that the soothing he seems to constantly need should come primarily from himself, means he’s not ready to be married to anyone else. But that’s also something the “experts” should have identified about him, or at least counseled him about during the marriage.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Rye said:

Shaq just wanted to marry his mommy apparently. Just endless coddling and nurturing and a unilateral focus on his feelings and needs at all times. You dumped Kirsten and still criticize her for not making you feel better about it and not making herself emotionally available to you going forward? Okay dude.

The fact that he still doesn’t recognize that his expectations are unreasonable, and that the soothing he seems to constantly need should come primarily from himself, means he’s not ready to be married to anyone else. But that’s also something the “experts” should have identified about him, or at least counseled him about during the marriage.

well, i don't really understand what Shaq needs, i think maybe he just doesn't express it well, but i still find Kirsten to not be warm at all and i don't blame him for wanting out.  they just didn't match in their needs and personalities.  

if anything further happens with clint and dom after this big kiss, i will think much less of him

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, cinsays said:

If anything further happens with clint and dom after this big kiss, i will think much less of him

I will as well. She's much too young for him and immature. I was more or less Team Mac during the short time he and Dom were married, but my opinion of him has changed a lot since then. However, Dom thinks way too highly of herself. Gil's disinterest was palpable. She's delusional if she thinks he's going to keep in touch.

5 minutes ago, endure said:

What the heck was that nonsense with the divorce lawyer, give me a break MAFS, shame on you! Stupid fake show.

I thought that the show paid for the divorce if it was decided on Decision Day. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Shaq if you are going to go through life being such a self centered guy, you will never have a good marriage and you blame everything on Kirsten, at least she tried.  

• Like 5
35 minutes ago, cinsays said:

well, i don't really understand what Shaq needs, i think maybe he just doesn't express it well, but i still find Kirsten to not be warm at all and i don't blame him for wanting out.  they just didn't match in their needs and personalities.  

if anything further happens with clint and dom after this big kiss, i will think much less of him

That's exactly how I feel about Shaq and Kirsten. She's nice. But every time she talks, I picture a 'vacancy' sign on her forehead. If I muted my TV, every conversation looked like they were talking about the weather. There is just no 'there' there.  

• Like 5

Who were some of the previous cast members in the preview? I saw Shawniece and Jephte, crazy Lindsay from Boston, Steve Noi from Boston who's now dating Mindy, Tristan from Dallas and who else? Was that other guy quiet Henry?

2 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I thought that the show paid for the divorce if it was decided on Decision Day

We've seen before (through Mark the Shark) that there are extra steps involving lawyers for some of them.

People like to joke about birthday parties for babies being dumb because they won't remember or begin to care. But, having a birthday party for a pet is next level silly to me.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Who were some of the previous cast members in the preview? I saw Shawniece and Jephte, crazy Lindsay from Boston, Steve Noi from Boston who's now dating Mindy, Tristan from Dallas and who else? Was that other guy quiet Henry?

I think Krysten (Kristen?) from San Diego was there, talking about who has been in her DM's. It makes no sense to me, to air this episode ahead of the reunion... other than to extend this season  beyond six months. Then the new one starts in July. 😩

• Like 1
9 hours ago, cinsays said:

Kirsten is a robot with very few feelings and often doesn't come off genuine. I'm sure he was looking for someone who actually exhibits...any emotions and seemed like they gave a damn ever.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
9 hours ago, nichelle said:

That's exactly how I feel about Shaq and Kirsten. She's nice. But every time she talks, I picture a 'vacancy' sign on her forehead. If I muted my TV, every conversation looked like they were talking about the weather. There is just no 'there' there.  

Vacancy or “out to lunch” in her head.  I find Kirsten very pretty, but void of emotion.  She needs som caffein to spark her up.  The only time I saw some emotion in her was when she told Shaq she wanted a big beautiful house and nice new car.  I don’t blame him, as men do need support and coddling sometimes.  They are human too and have feelings.  Women are understanding or not.  Kirsten is not understanding.  Shaq knows what he needs, and she is not for him.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Bees52 said:

I think Krysten (Kristen?) from San Diego was there, talking about who has been in her DM's. It makes no sense to me, to air this episode ahead of the reunion... other than to extend this season  beyond six months. Then the new one starts in July. 😩

who was the one that stormed off after yelling at steve?

When Kirsten was talking with Jasmine about buying a party bus, she showed more excitement and enthusiasm than at any other time during the season.  I think she was very disinterested in Shaq but at least wanted to try after the cameras left.  If anyone told me at the beginning of the season that I would be more supportive of Kirsten than of Shaq, I would not have believed it.  I initially really liked Shaq but this episode cemented by growing dislike of him when after meeting with Kirsten, who is still hurting from his rejection of her on decision day, he stated that she was not nurturing of him at all during that meeting.  What?  He expected her to 'nurture' and 'support' him after he rejected her?  Wow, he doesn't see himself at all.  He really doesn't understand marriage IMO-it's not all about one person continually supporting and nurturing the other, it's mutual respect, love, and support.

Nicole continues to want to run everything.  I'm surprised they went for another apartment instead of trying to rent a house that would have a yard.  Three large dogs in an apartment?  No thanks.  And, I love dogs, but no to the apartment with three dogs.

Even though Gina said she felt nothing when Clint and Dom kissed, her facial expressions told me a different story.  And, Airris and Jasmine seemed close at the axe party-especially when they called Kirsten.

And, Airris?  He seemed so disconnected on that date.  He didn't look at her, always off to the side, and he is not an articulate conversationalist.  I really don't see him as the party guy he tried to portray.  He just seems awkward around women.  As for Dom trying to hook up with Gil-I think the only reason he even interacted with her was because the producers offered him some money or something.  As soon as she said she ended it after 11 days, he was done.  Also, I did not need to see Dom's mother who signed her up for the show-and I continue to blame the producers for including Dom in the season.  If she's not interested enough to sign herself up for this show, then don't hire her.  Sign up her mother.  I really, really, really hope that Dom and Clint don't hook up.

The biggest unanswered question I have about this episode: did Clint get a puppy?  THAT'S the relationship I want to see...

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

Kirsten is a robot with very few feelings and often doesn't come off genuine. I'm sure he was looking for someone who actually exhibits...any emotions and seemed like they gave a damn ever.

Shaq is a good man.  He should have been matched with the cheerleading coach.  Forgot her name.  Not a woman who wants, but a woman that gives too.

8 minutes ago, cinsays said:

who was the one that stormed off after yelling at steve?

Who the hell knows.  They all changed their hair color.  I could barely recognize them.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

When Kirsten was talking with Jasmine about buying a party bus, she showed more excitement and enthusiasm than at any other time during the season.  I think she was very disinterested in Shaq but at least wanted to try after the cameras left.  If anyone told me at the beginning of the season that I would be more supportive of Kirsten than of Shaq, I would not have believed it.  I initially really liked Shaq but this episode cemented by growing dislike of him when after meeting with Kirsten, who is still hurting from his rejection of her on decision day, he stated that she was not nurturing of him at all during that meeting.  What?  He expected her to 'nurture' and 'support' him after he rejected her?  Wow, he doesn't see himself at all.  He really doesn't understand marriage IMO-it's not all about one person continually supporting and nurturing the other, it's mutual respect, love, and support.

Nicole continues to want to run everything.  I'm surprised they went for another apartment instead of trying to rent a house that would have a yard.  Three large dogs in an apartment?  No thanks.  And, I love dogs, but no to the apartment with three dogs.

Even though Gina said she felt nothing when Clint and Dom kissed, her facial expressions told me a different story.  And, Airris and Jasmine seemed close at the axe party-especially when they called Kirsten.

And, Airris?  He seemed so disconnected on that date.  He didn't look at her, always off to the side, and he is not an articulate conversationalist.  I really don't see him as the party guy he tried to portray.  He just seems awkward around women.  As for Dom trying to hook up with Gil-I think the only reason he even interacted with her was because the producers offered him some money or something.  As soon as she said she ended it after 11 days, he was done.  Also, I did not need to see Dom's mother who signed her up for the show-and I continue to blame the producers for including Dom in the season.  If she's not interested enough to sign herself up for this show, then don't hire her.  Sign up her mother.  I really, really, really hope that Dom and Clint don't hook up.

The biggest unanswered question I have about this episode: did Clint get a puppy?  THAT'S the relationship I want to see...

i was waiting for his question to her about her favorite sex position

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
2 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Boston Lindsay, who's divorced from Mark the Shark.

I’d like to see how Mark the Shark is doing, and if Lindsey is back from California.  Also, the one who left the beach bum. Lol.

27 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Boston Lindsay, who's divorced from Mark the Shark.

oh, so someone whose opinion i could care less about

don't have any interest in these people other than mindy

• Like 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Ha, it is Steve Moy!  Noi was his wife.

Interesting that he is now with Mindy!!  I will have to go watch that part. 

Edited by Rightside
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

And what kind of "nurturing" does Shaq want?  He acts like a big, bald whiny baby.  All he needs is a diaper.  I don't like Kirsten either, so they both dodged bullets with each other.

I think he means(and said) “warmth and emotion” when he mentions her lack of nurturing, and I can see that. She seemed lighter on this last show to me but there is still something wooden about her to me. 

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, Petey1960 said:

I think he means(and said) “warmth and emotion” when he mentions her lack of nurturing, and I can see that. She seemed lighter on this last show to me but there is still something wooden about her to me. 

Well then, he should have just told her that he knew she wasn't attracted to him.  He should have just let it go when he said No, instead of this "nurturing" bs.   

• Like 2

Checked in a couple of times and all I kept seeing was Nicole. I love my dog, but there is no way I would have a birthday party for adults and make them wear hats. He gets a burger patty and a Pup Cup of ice cream from Culver's and we call it a day. (LOL - of course, if it falls on a day he is in doggy day care, they celebrate with cake from a dog bakery for everyone. Some dog parents send home little treat bags to bring home.) BUT, I would still never subject my potentially non-dog loving friends to humiliation. But, that is the essence of Nicole. I never want to see/hear her again.

Or Dom. Or Kirsten. Or Airris. Or Gina. I don't plan to watch next week for a rehash from past people I don't care about. And, at this point, I may be able to skip the Reunion. Maybe not, but getting close.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I think that a few friendships did develop during the season, but, unless production pays them for appearances, I doubt they will continue the whole group gatherings.  I also doubt that Mac will, indeed, travel frequently to Nashville.  I think he expressed interest in Gina in order to stay relevant to the season.  I don't understand why he and Dom have been featured so much in these last few episodes.

• Like 5

Nicole will have Chris dressing up in some stupid Halloween costume every year.  If he doesn't like it, he'll have to stand his ground and call a halt to her shenanigans.

I wonder why Kirsten was never set up with a "date"?   Is it because the producers knew she'd just sit there with a blank stare?  

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Well then, he should have just told her that he knew she wasn't attracted to him.  He should have just let it go when he said No, instead of this "nurturing" bs.   

I don't dislike Shaq but I really didn't understand his repeated statement that he and Kirsten didn't really have a chance. They had the same 8 week chance everyone else did. If he thought a good relationship could develop with more time,  why not stay married and see if it works out than getting divorced on D-day. It really didn't make any sense.

• Like 5
30 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't dislike Shaq but I really didn't understand his repeated statement that he and Kirsten didn't really have a chance. They had the same 8 week chance everyone else did. If he thought a good relationship could develop with more time,  why not stay married and see if it works out than getting divorced on D-day. It really didn't make any sense.

yeah, especially since he was insisting that he just didn't know until the actual decision day what he was going to say....  if it's that iffy, stay married and give it a few weeks

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Dom getting off the video chat, clueless that he was giving her the brush-off was hysterical. Gil likes classier women, like Myrla., not someone ratchet like Dom. You could tell he wasn’t impressed she only lasted eleven days.

Not sure why Kristen and Shaq even met up in the first place other than her wanting him to tell her it wasn’t her, it’s him, when he basically told her in no uncertain terms that it was. She can’t take it that someone wouldn’t be all into her because “look at me”.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think he actually took the whole decision day thing seriously which I love since that day is borderline pointless at this point with so many people giving yes...to time. I mean, they can always reconnect anyway. But, I think he was so unsure, he truly should have given it more time. But, it didn't really have to be that serious. We see couples that have gotten closer post dday with one and by the reunion with another. Kirsten can't look past the initial rejection so they can't try things without the forced marriage on them.

Gil was a good sport to go along with this producer-driven Zoom call with Dom.  Who goes by "Dom", but has a necklace that says "Nique".  Whatever.  I'd be shocked if Gil isn't surrounded by cute girls all over Houston.  He's a true catch.  Myrla was an idiot.  He was such a gentleman to "Dom", even though it was so clear he wasn't interested.  She kept doing the thing where she waited, hoped, hinted, that he'd ask her for a follow-up, and he did everything gentlemanly to let her know that nah, that's not happening.  I loved seeing her taken down a peg.

Not that Mac is any better.  Ugh.  I'm sure he only agreed to be pretend-interested in Gina for more screen time.  Dude is sketchy.

My favorite love story of the show is Clint & Hank.  I loved seeing him with those puppies, OMG.  I do see dog walks in his & Gina's future, but no, Clint & Gina are not a match.

I'm happy for Nicole & Chris, although I'd throw Nicole off the roof of the building if I had to listen to her all day.  She was prodding Clint and Dom at the axe-throwing, and she even said, "I make the rules".  Yikes.

• Like 4

I think Shaq was really attracted to Kirsten when he saw her walking down the aisle (she is pretty), but once he got to know her, he realized that there's no "there" there with her.  Doesn't excuse his whining for nurturing, so neither one was a good catch.  

• Like 4

The more I think about it (don’t worry I already hate myself), I think what Shaquille means when he says nurturing is displaying hurt. I think he was upset at that meeting because Kirsten didn’t “seem” hurt, in whatever way he expected a person to display that. When I think the reality is Kirsten is extremely guarded about displaying emotion and 8 weeks wasn’t enough time for her to open up fully with him. Lots of people need to feel extremely safe before they can let someone see them in a vulnerable state like that, and I don’t think Kirsten ever got there.

Basically he was like, “I need you to visually display vulnerability to me so I feel safe with you and like you care about me,” and she was like, “Until I feel safe with you and like you care about me I'm not showing you anything.” And the more upset he got, the further away she got from being able to give him what he was looking for. I think they really cared about each other and even were starting to love each other, but they were too insecure to let a connection really happen. I don’t think Kirsten’s authentic personality is cold, she’s always animated and engaging when she’s with other people—people she feels secure with.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

So, the fact that they couldn't have meaningful, adult discussions with each other means that neither one was a good catch--or match--and should not have been selected for this "experiment."

I rest my case.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

So, the fact that they couldn't have meaningful, adult discussions with each other means that neither one was a good catch--or match--and should not have been selected for this "experiment."

I rest my case.

Oh, no, I agree, they shouldn’t have gotten married. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Rye said:

The more I think about it (don’t worry I already hate myself), I think what Shaquille means when he says nurturing is displaying hurt. I think he was upset at that meeting because Kirsten didn’t “seem” hurt, in whatever way he expected a person to display that. When I think the reality is Kirsten is extremely guarded about displaying emotion and 8 weeks wasn’t enough time for her to open up fully with him. Lots of people need to feel extremely safe before they can let someone see them in a vulnerable state like that, and I don’t think Kirsten ever got there.

Basically he was like, “I need you to visually display vulnerability to me so I feel safe with you and like you care about me,” and she was like, “Until I feel safe with you and like you care about me I'm not showing you anything.” And the more upset he got, the further away she got from being able to give him what he was looking for. I think they really cared about each other and even were starting to love each other, but they were too insecure to let a connection really happen. I don’t think Kirsten’s authentic personality is cold, she’s always animated and engaging when she’s with other people—people she feels secure with.

This makes more sense to me than anything either one of them has ever said about their relationship.

17 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I rest my case.

i just think they weren't a match for each other.  they'll find someone once kirsten gets a personality and shaq pares his workload down so he has time for love