Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E22: First Dates and Swapping Mates

• Start Topic

With Decision Day behind them, our ten individuals embark on their lives post-experiment--either as happily married, or back in the dating pool once again.  A first date with a mystery man leaves one former wife with a renewed hope for love, while another first date ends with a former husband seeing "red." And the chemistry is hot when two former spouses steam things up making lattes.

Airs Wednesday May 31 at 8:00PM EDT.

Does Nicole ever look in the mirror when she gets dressed?  That pink top was horrible looking on her.  Why does she have to be in competition even with men?   She has to calm down and STFU.

• Like 5

Interesting that Jasmine's "friend boy" date didn't have his face fully shown, and some shots of him were blurred.  I doubt he was a real date.  Probably a producer plant just to tell her he's attracted to her and how beautiful she is. 🙄

At least Nicole is wearing a top with her shoulders covered. 

• Like 5
(edited)

Dom is so immature and not at all interesting.  Mac is moving back to Michigan of course.  Clint has had sex.  Long distance is perfect for Gina so she doesn’t have to be there for her partner.  Airris is still a “F Boy”. Jasmine is finally with friend boy who sees her beauty, and I think she’s gorgeous.  Kirsten is trying to keep in and Shaq lost his grandmother.  
That’s about it.  
ETA I like the Afterparty host wayyyyy more than Keshia. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Like 5
20 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Wow - the show is over and there have only been 10 responses. - 3 of them from me just commenting and it hasn't even been on here yet! Just tell me - did we see the scene with Clint and Dom kissing?

They showed Clint and Dom kissing as "next time on...." So they're still stringing that along on us.

• Thanks 1

Why do I like McKinley so much better now than I did before with Dom. He seemed smarmy to me.  But not now.  Seeing him through new eyes.   Maybe a match for Gina except for distance.  But I thought she could have done with Clint too had she given it a chance.  

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Ms.C. said:

Why do I like McKinley so much better now than I did before with Dom. He seemed smarmy to me.  But not now.  Seeing him through new eyes.   Maybe a match for Gina except for distance.  But I thought she could have done with Clint too had she given it a chance.  

I can't recall much about McKinley from the little he was shown in the beginning. I feel like he was overshadowed by Dom's domination of drama and her hatred of him. He really didn't get much of a chance to show himself.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

What really makes these women unattractive and annoying to me is what braggarts they are, every one of them was tonight.  Not sure if it’s how they really are or producer driven.  You can be a strong, attractive woman and leave your big ego at the door.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I totally get why Kirsten needs more closure from Shaq, she still wanted to try to make the relationship work and his breakup was very confusing, she def needs an explanation from him.

• Like 6
8 hours ago, endure said:

What really makes these women unattractive and annoying to me is what braggarts they are, every one of them was tonight.  Not sure if it’s how they really are or producer driven.  You can be a strong, attractive woman and leave your big ego at the door.

Nicole is the worst.  She knows everything, sees everything, tells everyone what to do, blah, blah,and she needs that GOLD chair.  Does Chris have a mouth?  He’s such a wuss.  Just goes along with her flow.  He should go and buy himself a motorcycle or something.

• Like 6

I had this on and switched between 4 other shows. There is NO reason we have to be subjected to Chris and Nicole (well, Nicole). I don't care that she wants an ugly chair. I don't care that they are going to play pickle ball. I hate that she insists that they will do everything together until they die. I truly don't think he can even go to the bathroom alone and it makes me disgusted. So, when she comes on, off goes the show. I am switching between Everybody Loves Raymond reruns, QVC, and news. ALL better than watching her.

Dom - we were just fine not seeing her once she left. I am sure she would love to get her fangs in Gil, but not a chance. Production is really trying to find someone who will take her. First, get her a personality. Second, wipe that permanent "I'm so much better than you" smirk off her face. Dom on - time for Raymond.

I am really liking Jas and her "friend boy."  You can tell how much damage Airris did to her by the things she is asking. She really needs validation that she is attractive. She will be fine and "friend boy" will be lucky. Airris will be sorry to hear that his time with Duchess is done. 

I have a sinking feeling that Kirsten and Shaq will try again. He will need consoling after the loss of his grandmother. I don't think they will work in the long run, but if she needs to try again, whatever. I am tired of her voice and I have no respect for him. He is too needy.

I still absolutely adore Clint and was glad to see that he and Dom don't hook up. I think the scene they keep showing is some kind of a dare because they all seem to be there when they kiss. He is too classy for that if it is not a dare. I am glad he has had great sex and that it wasn't with Dom. I am really interested to see what happens with him and Hank next week. Miss Gina has not been home since the show was over - she is so busy traveling and strutting her stuff. I don't think Clint would take Hank, although Hank would be happy. He will get his own dog and give Hank back, I think. But, I really don't want him to. He is a much better dad than she is a mom. You can tell when the dog chooses his person and it is NOT her.

I don't know why they started adding these after D Day shows. They are more fillers and don't make me like any of these people any more and make me dislike the ones I already don't like even more. I LIKE Clint and Jas and Hank. I can tolerate Kirsten and Chris (as long as he stood firm on no gold chair. If he caved, then he goes to permanent ban).

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

What is with women telling Clint (and probably other red-haired men) that they don't like "gingers" or red hair?  And the women herself had red hair.  Whatever.  No worries Clint, you will be just fine.  And, I think Clint had true insight about Gina when he said that Gina was used to being the center of attention and with Clint she wasn't as he drew more attention.  I agree 100%.  AND, she still had to diss Clint when speaking with Mac.  Just stop Gina.

I don't know why Nicole thinks it's cute that she is so competitive about everything.  We already saw how she reacts when she is losing (and the editors decided to include reminders of miniature golf in Gatlinburg just in case any of us forgot her horrible attitude).  We are beginning to see their future issues over finances (just speculation on my part).  Her desire to buy any and everything will really start to grate on Chris IMO.

I agree with others that Mac seemed much more human in this episode.  He probably is a nice guy who was just matched with the wrong person.  I think Gil will interact with Dom as he probably would like the extra income from being on the show again.

• Like 6
13 hours ago, endure said:

I totally get why Kirsten needs more closure from Shaq, she still wanted to try to make the relationship work and his breakup was very confusing, she def needs an explanation from him.

Maybe he was tired of her baby voice and didn't want to hurt her feelings. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

when the afterparty host asked all of them if they would do it again and they all said yes, it got me worried that the next season will be these 3 guys with new matches.........please no!!!!!!!

• Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I had this on and switched between 4 other shows. There is NO reason we have to be subjected to Chris and Nicole (well, Nicole). I don't care that she wants an ugly chair. I don't care that they are going to play pickle ball. I hate that she insists that they will do everything together until they die. I truly don't think he can even go to the bathroom alone and it makes me disgusted. So, when she comes on, off goes the show. I am switching between Everybody Loves Raymond reruns, QVC, and news. ALL better than watching her.

Dom - we were just fine not seeing her once she left. I am sure she would love to get her fangs in Gil, but not a chance. Production is really trying to find someone who will take her. First, get her a personality. Second, wipe that permanent "I'm so much better than you" smirk off her face. Dom on - time for Raymond.

I am really liking Jas and her "friend boy."  You can tell how much damage Airris did to her by the things she is asking. She really needs validation that she is attractive. She will be fine and "friend boy" will be lucky. Airris will be sorry to hear that his time with Duchess is done. 

I have a sinking feeling that Kirsten and Shaq will try again. He will need consoling after the loss of his grandmother. I don't think they will work in the long run, but if she needs to try again, whatever. I am tired of her voice and I have no respect for him. He is too needy.

I still absolutely adore Clint and was glad to see that he and Dom don't hook up. I think the scene they keep showing is some kind of a dare because they all seem to be there when they kiss. He is too classy for that if it is not a dare. I am glad he has had great sex and that it wasn't with Dom. I am really interested to see what happens with him and Hank next week. Miss Gina has not been home since the show was over - she is so busy traveling and strutting her stuff. I don't think Clint would take Hank, although Hank would be happy. He will get his own dog and give Hank back, I think. But, I really don't want him to. He is a much better dad than she is a mom. You can tell when the dog chooses his person and it is NOT her.

I don't know why they started adding these after D Day shows. They are more fillers and don't make me like any of these people any more and make me dislike the ones I already don't like even more. I LIKE Clint and Jas and Hank. I can tolerate Kirsten and Chris (as long as he stood firm on no gold chair. If he caved, then he goes to permanent ban).

If this show insists on being 'on' I would much rather see some updates of some of the old cast, especially the success stories.  I too have had more than enough of this season, I personally don't have any regard for any of them, and the couple of cast mates I did kind of care about I'm totally over and done with now too.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Is this the first season they have done this, I have not been aware during other seasons but may have watched the decision day then just assumed it was done and deleted any tapes assuming they were reruns.... it is def too much 🤮

Go away Nicole and take Gina with you and don't ever come back!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

What is with women telling Clint (and probably other red-haired men) that they don't like "gingers" or red hair?  And the women herself had red hair.  Whatever.  No worries Clint, you will be just fine.  And, I think Clint had true insight about Gina when he said that Gina was used to being the center of attention and with Clint she wasn't as he drew more attention.  I agree 100%.  AND, she still had to diss Clint when speaking with Mac.  Just stop Gina.

I don't know why Nicole thinks it's cute that she is so competitive about everything.  We already saw how she reacts when she is losing (and the editors decided to include reminders of miniature golf in Gatlinburg just in case any of us forgot her horrible attitude).  We are beginning to see their future issues over finances (just speculation on my part).  Her desire to buy any and everything will really start to grate on Chris IMO.

I agree with others that Mac seemed much more human in this episode.  He probably is a nice guy who was just matched with the wrong person.  I think Gil will interact with Dom as he probably would like the extra income from being on the show again.

If Gil watched the current season why would he even consider Dom and surely he has a ton of eligible women interested  in him after being on the show.... more MAFS BS IMO 😕

Edited by endure
  • Like 7
20 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Interesting that Jasmine's "friend boy" date didn't have his face fully shown, and some shots of him were blurred.  I doubt he was a real date.  Probably a producer plant just to tell her he's attracted to her and how beautiful she is. 🙄

At least Nicole is wearing a top with her shoulders covered. 

Not everyone wants to be on tv. It's a thing.

1 hour ago, cinsays said:

when the afterparty host asked all of them if they would do it again and they all said yes, it got me worried that the next season will be these 3 guys with new matches.........please no!!!!!!!

That's not a realistic worry for anyone. They are already in a different location for next season and they never going to just recycle people for another season. Maybe a spinoff but this season was a failure anyway.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, cinsays said:

What in the effing hell????

So the most boring terrible season of a mediocre-at-best show is the one that gets several extra episodes????

Maybe the real question is why am I still watching...

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

Not everyone wants to be on tv. It's a thing.

No kidding!  It's just interesting that he didn't want to be shown.

12 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Can this stupid show lay off the redhead man-bashing?

There are plenty of people who love redheads.

She was probably a producer plant and was told to say that to Clint, but I still didn't like her for saying it.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I wouldn’t mind a “tell all” when Chris finally dumps Nicole. 

Unpopular opinion - I don't mind Nicole so much. I missed a bunch of episode but caught this one tonight. I thought she looked pretty on her way to the wedding and I do think that she is loyal and really wants love. I think that Chris is calmer and definitely more low key but I really don't see that he is just dying to get out of this relationship. Also, I really don't care what size her arms are - she can wear a tank top if she wants. The world is just way too judgy about women's bodies.

I didn't like Clint at first and I like him better now but if he tries to take Hank and not bring him back to Gina, I will hate him with the fire of a thousand suns. That is just an epic dick move. I also don't agree that he is "classy." Too much talk like "going to poundtown." He may be a nice guy and a good catch but he's not the epitome of classy.

He is a much better dad than she is a mom. You can tell when the dog chooses his person and it is NOT her.

I disagree. We really haven't seen enough to know who is the "better" pet parent. Both of Gina's trips were for work and even if they weren't people with dogs are allowed to go on vacation and not take the dog with them. For all we know, when Gina is not traveling she takes Hank for long walks and cuddles him on the sofa watching movies every night (I sure would). I can tell she is a good dog mom because Hank is a healthy, outgoing confident dog. He likes people. He is well trained. My first dog (as an adult) was definitely my dog and she loved me. But in her first family, the dad took care of her. He trained her and fed her and took her for walks. She LOVED all men. I had male friends who took care of her when I traveled and she adapted very quickly to their care. She was a total flirt. That doesn't mean they were better dog parents than I was and I would neither have given her away nor stood for anyone taking her from me. She just was a "man's dog." I miss her every day. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I disagree. We really haven't seen enough to know who is the "better" pet parent. Both of Gina's trips were for work and even if they weren't people with dogs are allowed to go on vacation and not take the dog with them. For all we know, when Gina is not traveling she takes Hank for long walks and cuddles him on the sofa watching movies every night (I sure would). I can tell she is a good dog mom because Hank is a healthy, outgoing confident dog. He likes people. He is well trained. My first dog (as an adult) was definitely my dog and she loved me. But in her first family, the dad took care of her. He trained her and fed her and took her for walks. She LOVED all men. I had male friends who took care of her when I traveled and she adapted very quickly to their care. She was a total flirt. That doesn't mean they were better dog parents than I was and I would neither have given her away nor stood for anyone taking her from me. She just was a "man's dog." I miss her every day. 

Both Hank and Duchess seemed like such sweet lovable dogs.  

They both seemed better trained than any of Chris's 3 dogs.

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Unpopular opinion - I don't mind Nicole so much. I missed a bunch of episode but caught this one tonight. I thought she looked pretty on her way to the wedding and I do think that she is loyal and really wants love. I think that Chris is calmer and definitely more low key but I really don't see that he is just dying to get out of this relationship. Also, I really don't care what size her arms are - she can wear a tank top if she wants. The world is just way too judgy about women's bodies.

I didn't like Clint at first and I like him better now but if he tries to take Hank and not bring him back to Gina, I will hate him with the fire of a thousand suns. That is just an epic dick move. I also don't agree that he is "classy." Too much talk like "going to poundtown." He may be a nice guy and a good catch but he's not the epitome of classy.

Gina's mum considers Hank her grand-dog and insisted Hank was staying with her, I'm sure Hank is well loved and taken care of ❤️ We had a golden retriever, the dog was devoted to my husband and I equally and treated us both differently, definitely more playful with my husband and more loving with me, you're right we can't tell.  We just saw scenes with Clint more. Appreciate all your comments!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Agree with all your points!  I get why people are tired of Nicole, but that’s on the producers and matchmakers.  There is only ONE couple that made it past decision day so of course they are going to be featured heavily, just wish the producers gave them interesting things to do instead of hanging with the other couples and talking about their relationships constantly.  That is annoying.  Nicole seems smitten with Chris.   Having someone who truly adores you is the best feeling in the world and I imagine Chris is very happy with the way things turned out for him.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 5/31/2023 at 9:10 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

So, Jazmin is “back on the streets”. That just sounds wrong. Lol

Interesting how she specifically indicated that her next relationship better propose within one year.  If that is her main criteria, then I'm sure she can be successful, though how successful the relationship would actually end up being for her is another story.

• Like 3

"Friend boy" sounded ridiculous, but I get the meaning. It was stupid of Jas to ask him if he found her attractive. They're 2 totally different scenarios. The only time she should ask that is if she marries another stranger at first sight, picked by others. I can't believe they hid his face! Stupid!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Lindz said:

"Friend boy" sounded ridiculous, but I get the meaning. It was stupid of Jas to ask him if he found her attractive. They're 2 totally different scenarios. The only time she should ask that is if she marries another stranger at first sight, picked by others. I can't believe they hid his face! Stupid!

Yes, it was stupid of her to ask him if he found her attractive, but she knew he'd say Yes even if he didn't mean it because he didn't want to look bad on national tv.  I still think the whole setup was producer driven.  I think she has a great body, but that's about it.

And "friend boy" does, indeed, sound ridiculous.  

• Like 2

WTF is Kirsten talking about asking Shaq why he said no?!! It's TOO LATE!!!! LET IT GO!!!! He did her a favor!!! She knows she wasn't happy so she shouldn't dwell on it anymore. 

Interesting timing of Niq messaging Gil. She just had to wait until that moment for Clint to help her send a message. 🙄 Nic's got a point about Niq's problem with Mac was him having no roots in Nashville, so why is she interested in someone in another state? She should've asked her about it. I wonder what Jas was gunna say about Myrla. Are all the women fans of the show??? 🤣 So unoriginal. A few people have already "talked" to previous participants. Turns out Niq was right about Mac since he's going back to Michigan. Idk why he bothered going on a date with Gina & turns out he's not interested in getting married. Hope he told her that. She's thinking they're gunna try dating long distance when he probably isn't.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Lindz said:

Interesting timing of Niq messaging Gil. She just had to wait until that moment for Clint to help her send a message. 🙄 Nic's got a point about Niq's problem with Mac was him having no roots in Nashville, so why is she interested in someone in another state? She should've asked her about it. I wonder what Jas was gunna say about Myrla. Are all the women fans of the show??? 🤣 So unoriginal. A few people have already "talked" to previous participants. Turns out Niq was right about Mac since he's going back to Michigan. Idk why he bothered going on a date with Gina & turns out he's not interested in getting married. Hope he told her that. She's thinking they're gunna try dating long distance when he probably isn't.

My guess is that Dom's real reason for not liking Mac was that he is not financially stable beyond coming from a well-off family.

I imagine they do want that to be revealed because it goes against their "these people are the cream of the crop" narrative.

I know that cannabis growers, suppliers, and sellers are having a lot of economic issues in California due to the price of the crop tanking. I am not a smoker but I enjoy learning about unique economic situations

Also, he claims that he went to Michigan for work but his profiles still list cannabis as his main occupation (from what I have heard, I have not checked this for myself).

It's like that guy who pretended to be a school principal but actually cleaned rooms for free yoga lessons. Unfortunately, that guy did not have family money to fall back on like Mac.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 2
(edited)

Airris & Clint probably called their standbys right after their decisions to hook up. Why'd they bother waiting til the end of the experiment? They could've quit the experiment before the honeymoon ended & gotten back to their normal life. Apparently they didn't cheat, but what was the point since they weren't building a marriage??? I just don't understand. Same for the wives. 🙄

Edited by Lindz
On 6/1/2023 at 5:17 PM, endure said:

If this show insists on being 'on' I would much rather see some updates of some of the old cast, especially the success stories.  I too have had more than enough of this season, I personally don't have any regard for any of them, and the couple of cast mates I did kind of care about I'm totally over and done with now too.

YES to everything.  May I throw in the “After Party” too?  Same crap,different day.  I’ve never heard of the person that’s on now, and who cares?  They repeat, repeat.

• Like 2
  • Love 1