Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E21: The Final Decision

• Start Topic

(edited)

"When explaining why he wanted a divorce, Shaq emphasized that he was in the marriage 100% (although we have seen the footage that disproved that), but during the After Party (which I rarely watch but did watch this week), he finally admitted that maybe he wasn't there 100% and some of what he saw in the episodes about his interactions opened his eyes."

I couldn't watch the Afterparty because like everyone else I was sick to death of this show and these people.  But I am glad to hear that Shaq stopped portraying himself as the endlessly giving martyr.  Yes, Kirsten is no prize--she is a mannequin (good call there!)  and she is selfish. That creepy smile on her face when he was dumping her was very unsettling.  But he was, as others have said, extremely needy and she could never do enough to please him.  She could have been the one to say what he did at decision day--I kept trying to please you and nothing worked.  I also think he was really cold to her and I will never forget that moment when she said to him, I don't think you even like me.  I don't think he did!! So both of them failed IMO.

We did see a genuine love match this season--Clint and Hank!! Seeing Clint say a goodbye, however temporary, to Hank, really warmed my heart more than any human interaction on this show. 

Edited by Alexander Pope
typo
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

I loved the scene next week with Clint and Hank and Airris and Duchess walking the dogs in the park. I don't want to see Airris, but I am glad that he likes Duchess and that she gets more playtime. I still want to see a road trip with Clint and Hank. I would so watch that!

• Like 7
17 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I loved the scene next week with Clint and Hank and Airris and Duchess walking the dogs in the park. I don't want to see Airris, but I am glad that he likes Duchess and that she gets more playtime. I still want to see a road trip with Clint and Hank. I would so watch that!

Same!! Think of the drive throughs they could enjoy together!  Burgers all around!

• Like 3
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I thought Pastor Cal was so rude when Shaq was walking away and he “he’s not going to get better”.

And also (with the caveat that I haven’t seen the episode yet), someone he actually loves and who loves him will be “better” than Kirsten even if she’s somehow “less” than Kirsten. Less conventionally attractive, makes less money, whatever - if she’s his person, she’s the best for him. 

Kirsten is pretty but there’s a school of thought that some attractive people don’t bother to develop personalities because they don’t need to, because people want to be around them for their looks. That’s Kirsten, to me. There’s not much there there. Conversely, Clint may not be the hottest man to walk the earth but he’s funny, kind and has interests and hobbies - he’s a much more interesting person overall.

• Like 14
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2
On 5/24/2023 at 11:59 PM, Rye said:

I get that Nicole is a lot, but I would offer that there’s never been a point where the other people on the show have voiced frustration or irritation with the things she says. That indicates to me that they like her and that their friendships are intimate enough that her questions and opinions weren’t something they were offended by. She’s always coming from a good place of genuine concern, not just starting shit.

Sorry, not sorry, but I'm cheering for her, even though she definitely can be annoying AF.  I'd rather have her every day and twice on Sunday, than even five minutes of Alyssa, or Lindsay, or Olivia, or Alexis.

On 5/24/2023 at 9:45 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Grrr, I have a bad feeling Shaq and Kirstin are going to get back together. Just no. Quit while you’re ahead. 

It's like, could they make it together?  Sure.  But should they?  Hell no.  Neither of them described a feeling of wonderfulness with each other, that was simply strained at times by difficulties they need to work on.  Pastor Cal needs to take a seat.  He saw an attractive Black couple of two nice, intelligent, driven people, and got drunk off of his "power couple" fantasy.

• Like 6

Chris can’t be that stupid to let a woman lead him around like Nicole does.  Maybe he will dump her in private when the time comes.  Then again, why sign lease papers for an apartment?

• Like 5
(edited)

I don’t think it was very nice of Nicole to suggest Mac and Gina get together right in front of Clint.  That was a stupid move of Nicole.  So, now she’s a matchmaker?  Who made her Boss?  I think Nicole is too pushy and should mind her own business.  She thinks too highly of herself.  It may seem like they all like her, but in reality, they probably can’t stomach her.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 8
On 5/25/2023 at 7:21 AM, suzeecat said:

And she had the nerve to get all pissy and defensive when someone mentioned her lack of tact in that regard on the aftershow. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nicole is trying to secure her future on the show as either a couch opinion person or some other role, she just tries too hard, too much, all the time.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, endure said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nicole is trying to secure her future on the show as either a couch opinion person or some other role, she just tries too hard, too much, all the time.

You know, good point.  Let's knock Jamie Otis off the couch already.  But please, anyone but Nicole!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Chris can’t be that stupid to let a woman lead him around like Nicole does.  Maybe he will dump her in private when the time comes.  Then again, why sign lease papers for an apartment?

I think he actually likes her and feels like he can build a future with her. I don’t think he’s stupid but I do think he’s pretty laid back and just doesn’t mind letting her lead.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

You know, good point.  Let's knock Jamie Otis off the couch already.  But please, anyone but Nicole!

i'm all for losing Jamie but I think Nicole could see herself in Keisha's place on the after show

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I think he actually likes her and feels like he can build a future with her. I don’t think he’s stupid but I do think he’s pretty laid back and just doesn’t mind letting her lead.

Yeah, well given her track record with her spending habits, it'll be interesting to see how much he lets her lead.  

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
22 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Yeah, well given her track record with her spending habits, it'll be interesting to see how much he lets her lead.  

guess we'll see if she ends up buying that expensive ugly green swivel chair

• LOL 1
13 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Someone call Pet Control.  She’s too busy galavanting to have a dog.

she'll probably be as committed to dog ownership as she was to being in a marriage, so i imagine the dog will be available for adoption again soon

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
On 5/24/2023 at 11:48 PM, Ms.C. said:

Clint has all the qualities I look for in a spouse.  Sense of humor, compassionate, leads with his heart, stable, employed, smart, knowledgeable ,comfortable inside his skin.  Gina, you’re a fool.  Is Arris wearing pajama bottoms?  LOL.  

AND he loves animals and is ready for children. Like damn, he's a ten on the mafs scale.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
On 5/26/2023 at 10:01 AM, Alexander Pope said:

Yes, Kirsten is no prize--she is a mannequin (good call there!)  and she is selfish. That creepy smile on her face when he was dumping her was very unsettling.  

Very unsettling. I was kinda happy to finally see a little emotion, even if it was crass, when she finally gave the finger when leaving the apartment. I wasn't sure she had any emotion at all. Thought the girl was a robot😂

• Like 5
(edited)
On 5/26/2023 at 11:56 AM, Empress1 said:

Kirsten is pretty but there’s a school of thought that some attractive people don’t bother to develop personalities because they don’t need to, because people want to be around them for their looks. That’s Kirsten, to me. There’s not much there there. Conversely, Clint may not be the hottest man to walk the earth but he’s funny, kind and has interests and hobbies - he’s a much more interesting person overall.

This

Also, I think that Shaq knew he was going to say no after he heard Kirsten sing...just kidding.

Edited by qtpye
  • LOL 5
(edited)
On 5/26/2023 at 11:56 AM, Empress1 said:

Clint may not be the hottest man to walk the earth but he’s funny, kind and has interests and hobbies - he’s a much more interesting person overall.

I actually find Clint quite attractive and once he had a haircut and beard trim, even more so. 

And hot damn, he cooks!  That's super appealing to me!

Edited by ECM1231
  • Like 13

I didn't really like Clint when the season started as he came across very one-dimensional.  It seemed like all he could talk about was sailing.  In hindsight, I think he was nervous about being on TV.   He just wanted something to talk about and sailing just kept coming out of his mouth.  I think as the weeks wore on he became more comfortable with the cameras and his true personality came out.   I also didn't find him attractive at the start of the season and by the end I really liked him an thought he was cute.  Shows how if these people actually gave this a chance (which is what they CLAIM they are going to do) the process might just work for them.

On the other hand, Gina came across as one dimensional at the beginning, only talking about her salon, and that never really changed,  She never really showed any other sides of her personality. She started off boring and fake and ended boring and fake.  The only time she seemed even the slightest bit fun was when she went out drinking.  I also hope she watched the show back and realizes she is dressing all wrong for her age and body type.  She doesn't have a bad body, but her half shirts and booty shorts make her look like Dora the Explorer.  

• Like 8
On 5/24/2023 at 8:20 PM, Crashcourse said:

Why are Airris and Jasmine still wearing their wedding rings?

On 5/24/2023 at 8:26 PM, endure said:

So they could take them off on camera I think and why do they need to give them back?  Airris is such a dipstick.

I noticed the rings, too. I thought they were showing all the couples taking off their rings and setting them on the counter with their apartment key fobs before walking out? I'm not going back to watch to see if they showed ALL the couples, but I know they were showing that when the couples would leave the apartment for the last time.

• Like 3
(edited)

It's funny Shaq said he felt like his effort wasn't good enough for Kirsten when that's how was about her effort. This reminds me of Keith blindsiding Iris. So messed up. Kirsten took it really well, I'm surprised she was so nice to him & even hugged him. She was real to the cameras solo tho. 🤣 She should consider herself lucky, he set her free. He was standoffish when he got home because he didn't want to be there. She wondered if he even liked her because of that. Now we know it was a HUGE SIGN!!! I wonder if she asked him about that behavior, seriously, he would've told her. He felt alone & something was missing? & Evidently he didn't want to find it. Why wait til then to tell her???!!  Something's wrong with him!!! She was willing to settle & hope things got better & she shouldn't have. I hope she learned that.

Edited by Lindz
  • Like 1

Airris & Clint can STFU with their "sticking it out." It means nothing because that's all they did. Big whoop! They faked it for the cameras to get to DD FOR WHAT?!?!! Airris was the biggest faker!!! It was so obvious! I think Clint would've really tried if Gina hadn't said that BS on the honeymoon. They were getting along just fine til then. Such a shame. Now that we know Airris told Jas his decision was no, I wonder if that made her say no. 🤔 Kirsten didn't want to discuss their decisions? How dumb! She asked to be blindsided then. That was weird during their last conversation. She acted like she was gunna say yes, then tried to play it off like she wasn't sure. If they can't have an honest conversation, what kind of relationship could they have?

• Like 1
(edited)

WHY were Airris & Jas still wearing their rings at the group dinner when they apparently left them in the apartment when they moved out?? Why were they sitting together??? I knew Shaq & Kirsten weren't together because they were sitting separately. It's so bizarre that A&J are "friends" when he wasted her time acting like he was trying. She totally saw through it & was fed up by the end.

Edited by Lindz
  • Like 1

So messed up of Nic to ask Mac & Gina about going on a date!!! WTF?!!!! Biggest WTF moment of the series ever!!!! She really shouldn't be playing matchmaker, especially in front of an ex. If they want to date, they should figure it out themselves! So rude! Inappropriate!!! Classless!!! At first she was unapologetic & said Clint didn't care, then said she'd apologize after the guys said it wasn't cool with him. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Lindz said:

WHY were Airris & Jas still wearing their rings at the group dinner when they apparently left them in the apartment when they moved out?? Why were they sitting together??? I knew Shaq & Kirsten weren't together because they were sitting separately. It's so bizarre that A&J "friends" when he wasted her time acting like he was trying. She totally saw through it & was fed up by the end.

I was wondering the same thing myself. I didn't go back and rewatch to see if they had left them in the apt with the keys or not. Just remembered that they made a big show of couples leaving key fobs and rings on the counter, then walking out.

WTF was that nonsense Shaq was talking about the door being open & maybe he'd be her prince charming one day??? Jas asked about the door being open. Funny the contrast to last season. The wife was all "open door" & the unattracted husband wasn't. Kirsten's totally right. This was the one opportunity & it's gone. It's over. Hope she sticks to it. Shaq made no sense on the aftershow talking about DD is deciding on that day, not the future. HUH??!!!! Did he think the experiment ended & that meeting ended their situation & they'll check back at another time to resume their marriage if they chose to stay married?!!! 🤨 MAKES NO SENSE!!! I'm so over him!!!

• Like 3

There goes Clint making an awkward, poorly timed "joke." Final decisions aren't the appropriate time to joke. No one even reacted because they're over it. I'm sure they won't miss that. I wonder if they'd take him over Gina for him attempting to entertain. 🤔

• Sad 2