Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E21: The Final Decision

• Start Topic

With the final couple's decision being made, the newly married and newly divorced begin anew.  But some decisions don't sit well, and tensions begin to boil for one couple.  Meanwhile, another couple legally binds themselves together even more tightly.

Airs Wednesday, May 24 at 8:00PM EDT.

• Like 1
(edited)

That doesn't sound good for Chris. 

And, maybe they will do like Alexis and whoever did last time - they said yes, but by the time they left the location, they were already done. So, does that count as a success for the show? I can see them getting a few extra bucks for false yeses. So, maybe that's what will happen with Shaq and Kirsten?

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 1

I never cared for Kirsten.  To me, she seemed like she wanted a meal ticket and have a man to take care of her.  She wanted a house, car, etc.  The nail in the coffin was when he came home with a problem and wanted her full attention to talk about it.  It’s a small thing but spoke volumes when she just continued to eat as she was hungry.  It was important to him to have her full attention.  She didn’t look too broken up on Decision Day.  She needs someone to pamper her and give her things.  Beauty isn’t everything Shaq found out.  Why were the experts surprised?  One out of five?  They look useless.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

I guess Kirsten wasn't an obedient enough wife for Shaq.  Too bad they were both kind of similarly weird together IMO. She handled the rejection well, just odd when they don't really see it coming.  But who knows, maybe the decision scene was a fake out.  I'm really losing all faith in these 'reality' shows lately.

• Like 5

This is a dead bore. And they're stretching it out for another month? Yeah, no, I'm done.

I was thinking about why this season was such a dud, and came to the realization that it's because none of the couples really tried. Nicole, maybe, but Chris was just there. The rest of them didn't seem to even care. Didn't hate each other, just had no real interest and they weren't even willing to fake it for the cameras.

Blah. This does not mean I'd rather see a season of Alyssas and that Subway King with the preggo ex-fiancee. But boring is really, really boring.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Why are Airris and Jasmine still wearing their wedding rings?

So they could take them off on camera I think and why do they need to give them back?  Airris is such a dipstick.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, endure said:

So they could take them off on camera I think and why do they need to give them back?  Airris is such a dipstick.

He is. But when a woman says “I expect you to buy me a house,” it’s probably a good time to run like hell. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, JayDub1987 said:

He is. But when a woman says “I expect you to buy me a house,” it’s probably a good time to run like hell. 

It's Kirsten who wanted the house, not Jasmine.

SHUT UP NICOLE!

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
2 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Kirsten is a mannequin that just happens to be able to talk.  

It's like that episode of Twilight Zone. She came to life to film MAFS and now it's back to her pedestal at the department store.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

Don’t tell me that Dom puts her new dog in a cage while she goes to work.  I won’t sleep all night.  She’s a dipshit of a woman who just wants to travel everyday and have a good time.  Someone call the Dog Patrol or whoever.    That speech she gave at the table was sour grapes.  Nobody puts Baby in the Corner.  She is pissed that Shaq said NO.  I’m talking about Krysten here.She was shocked that a man dumped her being she’s so gorgeous.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Just now, endure said:

Gina should bake a humble pie and ask Airris over to share it!

And they both claim to have “learned so much” from the MAFS experience. Yeah, no. And that is why neither will likely find anybody to have a true relationship with, let alone marriage. 

• Like 7
  • Fire 1

Nicole wasted no time.  She got the papers to change her name.  She’s still a pain in the ass and Chief Honcho of the pack.  She’s always ten steps ahead with everything.  Good Luck Chris.  You now have two Mothers.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I've watched some pretty bad seasons, but this is the worst.one.ever.  

The only two I wound up liking were Clint and Hank.  I hope next week's preview of Clint with Dom is just to fool us. 

Edited by Crashcourse
I meant Dom, not Gina. Not that I want him with either one.
  • Like 10
16 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

Airris was married to Jasmine.

Just now, kristen111 said:

Nicole wasted no time.  She got the papers to change her name.  She’s still a pain in the ass and Chief Honcho of the pack.  She’s always ten steps ahead with everything.  Good Luck Chris.  You now have two Mothers.

Yeah, she wasted no time trying to lock him down.

• Like 4

Grrr, I have a bad feeling Shaq and Kirstin are going to get back together. Just no. Quit while you’re ahead. 
Gina is such a bitch. Even after decision day, she can’t stop criticizing Clint. She’s acts like he took a dump in her oven or something. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

Somebody get a muzzle and put it on Nicole.  What nerve to fix up Gina and Mac in front of everyone at the table with Clint there.  I just cant.  The girl is a menace and thinks who the hell she is.    

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
(edited)

After this, I don't think Kirsten will ever speak to Shaq again, let alone get back together with him.  When he tried to give her a hug at the get together, she rebuffed him.  And, if looks could kill, he would be dead.  

I thought it interesting when Gina told Mac that when they all first met, he caught her eyes.  Seems the expert missed an opportunity to make a match.

Edited by Adeejay
  • Like 4

So only one couple stays together. Unless Chris grows a pair and eventually runs for the hills.

I doubt if I’ll continue to watch the rest of this dragged out show. I don’t know how interesting the trading partners will be because these people were so boring. 
I’m also done with this series, it’s definitely jumped the shark. 

• Applause 4

I get that Nicole is a lot, but I would offer that there’s never been a point where the other people on the show have voiced frustration or irritation with the things she says. That indicates to me that they like her and that their friendships are intimate enough that her questions and opinions weren’t something they were offended by. She’s always coming from a good place of genuine concern, not just starting shit. I’d also point out that with a cast this boring, without Nicole’s comments and neuroses it would have been dramatically less interesting.

Ultimately, this premise just doesn’t generate enough content to fill all of these increasingly absurd attempts to stretch out the season. Season 1 was 10 1-hour long episodes. Now between the episode lengths being between 90 and 120 minutes each and there being I believe 25+ episodes of the show itself, plus half an hour of cast reaction after each episode, PLUS random couples watching each episode and reacting to it… even the most entertaining cast couldn’t sustain this type of cynical cash grab.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Rye said:

I get that Nicole is a lot, but I would offer that there’s never been a point where the other people on the show have voiced frustration or irritation with the things she says. That indicates to me that they like her and that their friendships are intimate enough that her questions and opinions weren’t something they were offended by.

I think SOME of her buttinsky/shit stirring is producer-driven. They need someone to lead the conversation down the paths they want it to go in the group settings and only she and Clint have the personality for that in this cast. The questions she ask seem preconceived, not spontaneous. 

Glad to see the axe throwing trope made its appearance before the end of the season. 🙄 I’m guessing we’ll see the cheesy smash shit up place in a week or two.

• Like 6

Clint has all the qualities I look for in a spouse.  Sense of humor, compassionate, leads with his heart, stable, employed, smart, knowledgeable ,comfortable inside his skin.  Gina, you’re a fool.  Is Arris wearing pajama bottoms?  LOL.  

• Like 14

Gina talking with her friend about what a great catch she is and comments about her future ….. “who will be the lucky man?”  And then the camera pans over to her dog lol. 

• LOL 16
11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

If Chris and Nicole are still together after six months, they will be the first Caucasian couple to do since Jessica and Austin (Season 10).

I'm still betting they won't be together!! A little of Nicole goes a long way.

• Like 4

At the After Party, what the hell was Nicole wearing?  She was eaten up alive with that Gold monstrosity thing she was wearing.  That garb was for a very tall, skinny woman.  Which she is not.

• Like 5
12 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Somebody get a muzzle and put it on Nicole.  What nerve to fix up Gina and Mac in front of everyone at the table with Clint there.  I just cant.  The girl is a menace and thinks who the hell she is.    

And she had the nerve to get all pissy and defensive when someone mentioned her lack of tact in that regard on the aftershow. 

• Like 5

I just couldn't even start to watch the Afterparty. First, the cast who was there I have had enough of. Second, the host started with, "Let me tell you about me." No thanks. Just that you are sitting in for Keisha is enough. 

And, I still believe that all of the questions that arise when the whole group is together are producer dictated. They made Nicole the lead prosecutor this whole season and we have all had enough of her. Even giving her the benefit of knowing that, I still don't want to see/hear her again. Ever. I love that she never let Chris stay in his apartment by himself and she just moved into his. She is not taking any chances of letting him leave her. I wonder if he is allowed to pee by himself? And, Nicole, just because you change your last name, he can still leave you!

I am glad Kirsten finally got mad and shut Shaq down. In front of the group. I do think he was planning to go check out the dating situation and then go back to her. Ha ha.

I am liking Jasmine more and more every time. Airris is an ass. And a very unattractive one who was definitely looking to get some sex ASAP.

I am not a huge Mack fan, but I agree that Dom is no dog parent. She is too selfish. But, I do not like the previews for next week. Clint is coming off of 8 weeks of absolutely NO affection, so will he take her up on her obvious offer that is coming up? Yep. They will enjoy themselves and then he will find a real woman. I am glad he already gets to take Hank. It's good that Gina is letting him. Interesting that she has a trip planned already.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
(edited)

If Chris and Nicole are still together after six months, they will be the first Caucasian couple to make it that far since Jessica and Austin (Season 10).

I enjoyed seeing Kirsten giving the apartment the two-finger salute.

Just because it can't be said enough, Nicole, shut the heck up! I can't see Chris staying with her.

Edited by Adeejay
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Well, she did miss out on that house she wanted Shaq to buy for her.  I thought her two fingers up exit of the apartment was unclassy and spoke volumes about her character.  I also thought Shaq was too needy wanting her to be by his side wherever he traveled to.  So, in the end I wound up not liking him much either--and that clown jacket sealed it for me. 

• Like 9

I thought Pastor Cal was so rude when Shaq was walking away and he “he’s not going to get better”. You don’t know. Maybe he wants someone who has a little more depth. I’m glad he dumped her.

He gets personally offended when couples don’t work out. Dude, you’re the one that picked them. Might want to work on that. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'll be honest. I diss this show a lot (yet, I still watch it).

I am going to give them a much-needed compliment for this editing moment.

Shaq, "Golly, I sure do hope Miss Kristin ain't mad 'cause I wanted a little ole' divorce."

Cut to Kristin giving her middle fingers to the camera.

Also, you have not quite lived until you have seen Mac and Dom walk in slow motion through double glass doors followed by goofy Clint slow-mo.

I am so glad that Arris's friend's wife, Raven, has a gang of women just dying to be with Arris.

I know I'll sleep better now.

Edited by qtpye
  • LOL 9
21 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I never cared for Kirsten.  To me, she seemed like she wanted a meal ticket and have a man to take care of her.  She wanted a house, car, etc.  The nail in the coffin was when he came home with a problem and wanted her full attention to talk about it.  It’s a small thing but spoke volumes when she just continued to eat as she was hungry.  It was important to him to have her full attention.  She didn’t look too broken up on Decision Day.  She needs someone to pamper her and give her things.  Beauty isn’t everything Shaq found out.  Why were the experts surprised?  One out of five?  They look useless.

Eddie Murphy has this part in Raw, where he describes jumping through insane hoops to have sex with a beautiful woman, only to be terribly disappointed. The most messed up part was (by his own admission) he ended up being really angry at the woman.

For some reason, this reminds me of Shaq.

2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I thought Pastor Cal was so rude when Shaq was walking away and he “he’s not going to get better”. You don’t know. Maybe he wants someone who has a little more depth. I’m glad he dumped her.

He gets personally offended when couples don’t work out. Dude, you’re the one that picked them. Might want to work on that. 

Pastor Cal really though had hooked a brother up by matching him with Kristin.

As a pastor, he should know there is way more to marriage than just the physical, though that is also important.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I'm predicting that within 18 months, Shaq will be married to someone he chooses. I never really liked Kirsten though I did think she was pretty. I wish them both luck but I think he will have a much easier time finding a mate than she will.

• Like 4

OK.  Here's my take on Nicole.  I'm sure everyone knows someone who you can never really have a conversation with because this other person should just be standing behind a podium while making a speech.  I have a relative like this where every conversation is a lecture.  There is never a back and forth discussion.  Nicole is a know-it-all.  Who wants to live with that?  People like that don't change.   

• Like 13
(edited)

I loved how Clint, in particular, wasn't having any of Nicole's endless know-it-all blathering.  You could tell by the way he looked at her and he told Chris in so any words to RUN!!  

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Like 5

Yes, Nicole is that person who talks AT you, rather than with you.

She's the person who asks a question, only so she can tell you her answer to that question:

"How was your vacation?"  "Great, thanks!"  Nicole:  On my vacation, we.....blah blah blah....30 minutes later, still talking.

I've moved the Nicoles out of my friend group over the years, as she's that one person at the girls dinner who dominates to the point where no one else can get a word in.  Good luck there, Chris-y boy.

• Like 8

What is so interesting to me if how self-grandalized so many of these participants are and how they see themselves as such catches, yet they had to go on this show to get married.  I guess they're not much on logical thinking...

I thought Nicole actually calmed down a bit but was still too overly involved with the others.  I kind of wonder if after the cameras are gone, and her chance for media attention is also gone that maybe she'll let the limelight go and focus on others (especially Chris) rather than herself and her opinions on how everyone else should live.  We'll see.  However, a thoughtful friend (which she proclaimed to be) would never try to set two people up with their exes sitting right there.  I always thought Clint would have been up for the relationship had Gina been nice to him, so I believe his stunned reaction to Nicole setting up Mac and Gina right in front of him.  

When explaining why he wanted a divorce, Shaq emphasized that he was in the marriage 100% (although we have seen the footage that disproved that), but during the After Party (which I rarely watch but did watch this week), he finally admitted that maybe he wasn't there 100% and some of what he saw in the episodes about his interactions opened his eyes.  

I think that the most lasting relationships from this season will be Airris and Duchess and Clint and Hank.  So, does that improve the percentage of successful relationships?

• Like 3