Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Not Well Yet

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

After a fun night out with Sam and Dennis, Nell winds up sick in bed and wanting to be left alone. Meanwhile, Lexi convinces Sam and Dennis to join her for lunch, which spirals into a much longer commitment.

Original airdate 4/19/23

A lot of characters were way more annoying than usual in this episode—I wanted to slap Lexi and Edward, and at least pop Dennis lightly on the back of the head—but as always, the last few minutes of the episode made it all come together and got several "Awws" out of me.

I really enjoyed the musician couple; like @DanaK said, they were fun. I'm getting too attached to most of the dead people, though (especially Monty); I don't want them to go!

• Like 4

This episode sealed for me that I do not want Nell and Edward to become a romantic pair. They are giving more bickering sibling vibes. 

The guest stars as the ghosts continue to shine on this show. Really good casting. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 9
1 hour ago, funnygirl said:

This episode sealed for me that I do no want Nell and Edward to become a romantic pair. They are giving more bickering sibling vibes. 

Yeah, but it's looking more and more likely that they'll get together since Edward no longer has a girlfriend and Nell isn't dating anyone either. Single characters on sitcoms are not allowed to stay single and be happy.

• Like 4

Yay for Nell yelling at Edward. Stupid man cold and man-baby.

It was nice to see the actors that played the dead couple. Telma Hopkins is 74 and looks fantastic- makes me miss Family Matters.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, twoods said:

Yay for Nell yelling at Edward. Stupid man cold and man-baby.

It was nice to see the actors that played the dead couple. Telma Hopkins is 74 and looks fantastic- makes me miss Family Matters.

Edward had no right to be expecting Nell to take care of him. But he is too demanding and entitled in general, it has been a running character trait since episode 1 so I get it.

• Like 6

2nd episode where Nell was the least annoying character. I think they're trying to course correct; I used to find her the most annoying all the time, now they change it up.

I found the dead couple annoying, Edward annoying, Lexi annoying... was anyone else even in the episode? 

And even Nell was a rather annoying, sneezing all over people and coming to work super-contagious. As Lexi pointed out, Nell can work from home, so it's especially terrible to show up sick. I understood she wanted to get the annoying couple a=obit finished, but she often works outside the office, so coming in like that was absurd as well as inconsiderate.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
On 4/21/2023 at 4:28 PM, twoods said:

It made me miss Tony Orlando and Dawn…because I am old as dirt!  I went to see them at the Allentown Fair on my 6th birthday.

On topic (sort of)…the first time we saw Ed Begley Jr. “play” the oboe, he was holding it wrong—his right hand was closest to his face. Oboes are played with the left hand high. As a musician, that drives me bananas…as a flutist, I get especially enraged when someone in teevee, movies, or commercial print is shown playing one held out to the left.

• Like 3
On 4/20/2023 at 10:00 AM, funnygirl said:

This episode sealed for me that I do not want Nell and Edward to become a romantic pair. They are giving more bickering sibling vibes. 

The guest stars as the ghosts continue to shine on this show. Really good casting. 

I sensed it very early on. It's a gift 😄 but MAYBE they won't go there?  Even though the the tired tropes are there. Unless Edward is gay or TPTB introduce the female version of him. 

On 4/21/2023 at 4:28 PM, twoods said:

Telma Hopkins is an OG who should get more accolades. She's been around forever, and she consistently gets new work. I see her doing guest and supporting roles all the time.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

I HATE the trope that if a male and female ARE just friends, one of them is gay.

I dislike it too, but Hollywood is a slave to tired tropes. One Tree Hill did it really well. Two opposite sex, heterosexual people who were truly just friends. They were like siblings. If the series is renewed. They can still end up in that 2% 

On 4/21/2023 at 4:40 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

This just made me wonder if we'll ever see dead children, such as a teenager.

Oh, shit, that made me think that Nell would be assigned the kids in a school shooting...but the show will never go there.  Just thinking of her having to deal with that depresses me and we don't need that "very special episode".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think this show is trying to keep things light. They might give her a sweet urchin who died cinematically of cancer or something like that, though. I think if they do something serious, it will be more the "tug at your heartstrings" and "make Nell's heart grow three sizes" scenario, and not something that will give us nightmares or make us angry.

• Like 2
On 4/25/2023 at 11:20 PM, Johann said:

Oh, shit, that made me think that Nell would be assigned the kids in a school shooting...but the show will never go there.  Just thinking of her having to deal with that depresses me and we don't need that "very special episode".

That would be a really cool and unique storyline with the potential for some powerful acting. Too bad the show will never go there.

• Like 2
On 4/22/2023 at 1:03 AM, possibilities said:

2nd episode where Nell was the least annoying character. I think they're trying to course correct; I used to find her the most annoying all the time, now they change it up.

I found the dead couple annoying, Edward annoying, Lexi annoying... was anyone else even in the episode? 

And even Nell was a rather annoying, sneezing all over people and coming to work super-contagious. As Lexi pointed out, Nell can work from home, so it's especially terrible to show up sick. I understood she wanted to get the annoying couple a=obit finished, but she often works outside the office, so coming in like that was absurd as well as inconsiderate.

Nope. Nell was still the most annoying.  

On 4/23/2023 at 12:37 AM, Lovecat said:

It made me miss Tony Orlando and Dawn…because I am old as dirt!  I went to see them at the Allentown Fair on my 6th birthday.

On topic (sort of)…the first time we saw Ed Begley Jr. “play” the oboe, he was holding it wrong—his right hand was closest to his face. Oboes are played with the left hand high. As a musician, that drives me bananas…as a flutist, I get especially enraged when someone in teevee, movies, or commercial print is shown playing one held out to the left.

OMG. I forgot she was in that group. I watched their shows. 

• Like 1