Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Thick Line Between Love and Weight

• Start Topic

It's Meghan and Jon's wedding day! When she gets cold feet, she leans toward leaving Jon at the altar. Tina and Ashely are getting bariatric surgery on the same day! While Ashely is under the knife, Tina refuses to show up for her operation.

Original air date 2023.03.08

• Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

I was wondering too.  Good for her if she did, good school.

Yeah, she was wearing a T-shirt with the school's name on it. Not that that means anything.

Edited by Ladybugnine
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

I’m so excited to see Vanessa after skin surgery, but that’s a long time to wait, and deal with rashes and smells and skin pain. Maintaining ideal weight is nearly impossible for Anybody. Feels cruel to expect that before helping her, even if the results aren’t perfect, they’ll improve her way of life tenfold. At least do the poor woman’s arms! 

This surgery confrontation is ridiculous. They’re bullying her at this point. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 6

Meghan is a child living in a fantasy world of zero responsibility.  Tina is a frigging LOSER & a doormat & she & Meghan deserve each other.  She probably was never going to ask her to leave anyway.  

Yeah I agree, why can't they just do Vanessa's arms for now.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
36 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

So she didn’t do it..that was foolish

I'm guessing next weeks cliffhanger will be her panicking on the gurney, but ultimately getting the surgery.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Hurting you how Megan? How long have you freeloaded ? Never an offer of help or support. No. Fuck off Megan.

When Tina had to relocate to the hotel that would've been the perfect time to tell Meghan she was on her own, the Tina family would've had a two room unit for themselves, but the coward couldn't do it.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
Just now, sagittarius sue said:

When Tina had to relocate to the hotel that would've been the perfect time to tell Meghan she was on her own, the Tina family would've had a two room unit for themselves, but the coward couldn't do it.

Tina is spineless and Megan is a bitch. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

Good GAWD Meghan!!  Get your big ass and your big ass husband out of Tina's house!!!  Why in the WORLD would you think about "nesting" in Tina's house??

Do what every other person in the world does, dingleberry!  RENT SOMETHING!!!  You have money from the show, dumbo.  Time to GO!

These people sure are nutty!

• Like 8
  • Applause 7
(edited)

No…no…you aren’t family. Hubby and kids come first.  How long have you had to save money Megan? She is thinking if she throws a tantrum that Tina will cave like she always does. I hope she follows through 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ladybugnine said:

Ashely went to Spelman?

Yay!  I have a niece who graduated from Spelman.  She graduated along with Keshia Knight Pulliam who played Rudy Huxtable on The Cosby Show.  I was at their graduation.

52 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

I've been saying this all along.  Dr. Now would have had this surgery done for Vanessa already.  He doesn't require you to be at your goal weight before doing skin removal.  He would have at least removed those bat wings for her by now.

30 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Good GAWD Meghan!!  Get your big ass and your big ass husband out of Tina's house!!!  Why in the WORLD would you think about "nesting" in Tina's house??

Do what every other person in the world does, dingleberry!  RENT SOMETHING!!!  You have money from the show, dumbo.  Time to GO!

I can't believe that dead weight had the nerve to get mad when Tina finally grew a pair and gave her the long awaited heave ho!  Talk about no self awareness!  Be grateful you were able to stay as long as you did.  I just can't with Meghan.  And usually I always cry at weddings...even TV weddings.  But I felt absolutely nothing watching Meghan's.  I thought they looked like a bunch of high school students doing a medieval senior class play...badly!  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Meghan's reaction was incredible when Tina told her she and Jon would have to get their own place.  Instead of being grateful for the time Tina let her stay, she whined that "she was family, too", and 'she never thought her best friend would turn on her", and that they were going to end up homeless.  Deep down, I'm thinking that Meghan would be homeless just so she could show everyone how "heartless" Tina is by not letting her and Jon stay.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 1
(edited)
32 minutes ago, SkateQueen said:

Meghan's reaction was incredible when Tina told her she and Jon would have to get their own place.  Instead of being grateful for the time Tina let her stay, she whined that "she was family, too", and 'she never thought her best friend would turn on her", and that they were going to end up homeless.  Deep down, I'm thinking that Meghan would be homeless just so she could show everyone how "heartless" Tina is by not letting her and Jon stay.  

I just don't understand why they don't move in with Meghan's mom.  I assume she lives alone since Meghan's dad died.  They could stay there until they save up for their own place.  She would probably welcome the company.  Ashley said Jon and Meghan are gamers.  Is that what Jon does instead of working?  Explains a lot. 

Edited by swankie
Spelling
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
(edited)
On 3/8/2023 at 9:35 PM, Snarkastikate said:

Meghan is a child living in a fantasy world of zero responsibility.  Tina is a frigging LOSER & a doormat & she & Meghan deserve each other.  She probably was never going to ask her to leave anyway.  

Good point.  Do a preliminary removal for the arm, and do the later one when she hits her goal weight.   However, the lower body surgery will be brutal, so she should wait to do that later, and one time only.    

I'm guessing Meghan's mother doesn't want her moving back in, especially with John in tow, and the huge amount of stuff Meghan has hoarded. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

I hope Vanessa is working on building muscle.  I understand that makes the removal surgery easier and healing better?  Regardless she will look amazing.

Meghan whining about not knowing sooner that she needs to move out so she would have used some of the wedding funds to move.  Seriously someone needs to tell you to leave?  

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, swankie said:

I just don't understand why they don't move in with Meghan's mom.  I assume she lives alone since Meghan's dad died.  They could stay there until they save up for their own place.  She would probably welcome the company.  Ashley said Jon and Meghan are gamers.  Is that what Jon does instead of working?  Explains a lot. 

Perhaps Meghan's mother is perfectly content to live alone, and hoarder Meghan and gamer Jon can live elsewhere.  Knowing Meghan's personality I sure wouldn't want her to live with me.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

Perhaps Meghan's mother is perfectly content to live alone, and hoarder Meghan and gamer Jon can live elsewhere.  Knowing Meghan's personality I sure wouldn't want her to live with me.

Heaven forbid mom expects help with something that could take away from gaming time!!   Seriously I'll bet living with those 2 could be really aggravating & frustrating.   Meghan is a hoarder & John is L.A.Z.Y.  Well they both are, actually.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I don’t know why Megan is hesitant to marry John, they are both freeloading losers. Perfect match. Honey, you don’t need your husband to hold your hand at the gym. Get a grip.

I've never seen a person more "not happy" about getting married.  It was uncomfortable to see.  Marriage is hard enough under the best of circumstances.    But to go into it with the serious doubts Meghan has?   I wanted to scream,  don't do it!   It only gets harder....in my experience anyway.   Yes I'm divorced after 32 yrs married.  But when I was 21 yrs old and knew it all,  no one on this earth could've talked me out of it.    No regrets though.    So,   live and learn.   That was cathartic  ....thanks guys☺️

• Like 6
  • Hugs 2

I’m confused. They talk about having the gastric sleeve, but then they talk about having gastric bypass. Two different procedures. Which did Vanessa have? I know Ashley did a revison from sleeve to bypass. 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Do a preliminary removal for the arm, and do the later one when she hits her goal weight.   However, the lower body surgery will be brutal, so she should wait to do that later, and one time only.    

I feel so sorry for Vanessa for having to wait almost a year for weightloss surgery.  This is what she reminded me of when she was walking up Tina's yard.  Nobody wants to go through life looking like this. 

Screenshot_20230309-220505_Google.thumb.jpg.7c6fb2963702b7ceac92f3791d8ff677.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
18 hours ago, SkateQueen said:

GOOD!  LET HER LIVE IN A SHELTER!!!  Whatever it takes, just get the hell out of Tina's house and take all that shit with her!

• Like 9
2 hours ago, suev3333 said:

I've never seen a person more "not happy" about getting married.  It was uncomfortable to see. 

I think that whole act was just another way for Meghan to get attention.  She saw everybody concentrating on Tina and had to do something to get it back on her.  Even when they were at Tina's and Vanessa was going back and forth with Tina, Meghan screamed, "Hello!  Am I talking to myself here?!"  She's such a damned attention whore and so friggen irritating.  

Edited by swankie
Puncuation
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Seriously, people.... If Meghan and John have to move into a shelter, that's fine with me IF... they really have NO MONEY NO JOB NO NUTTIN. Then go there.

Otherwise, we know Meghan's getting SOME $$$ for doing this dumb show.  Whether it's 30K or 300K, that is ENOUGH TO GET YOUR OWN PLACE TO LIVE!!!

She doesn't need to move back in with her MOTHER, she doesn't need to live with her BESTIE, she is a MARRIED WOMAN, OVER 21, with a HUSBAND.  Between the two of them, getting a J-O-B (even at McDonald's) will be enough for them to GET THEIR OWN PLACE.

Now, the buying crap every day may have to end. Meghan may need to SELL some of that shit instead of buying MORE shit but it's time to GROW THE FUCK UP.  If not, time to get yourself admitted to the funny farm.  It won't be hard.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I’m confused. They talk about having the gastric sleeve, but then they talk about having gastric bypass. Two different procedures. Which did Vanessa have? I know Ashley did a revison from sleeve to bypass. 

Vannessa had gastric bypass

• Like 4

Did a licensed doctor actually refer to a patient’s vagina as Miss Kitty?

Meghan’s last name is Crumpler lol.  So fitting.

I’m sure if Tina had told her before the wedding she would say the timing is wrong because she spoiled the wedding.  Ditto with before or after the bachelorette party.  Ditto with before or after the flood.  Ditto with before or after the visit with Proctor where she stormed out like a child.  I have your number Meghan.  Also, Meghan acting all teehee about the wedding night when they have been together a dozen years.  They’ll be farting while they play video games.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

Vannessa had gastric bypass

Did I mishear something, because I believe I heard Ashley confirm with Dr Proctor just before being sedated that he was doing a duodenal switch.  Maybe this is what a revision surgery is technically called?  🤷‍♀️

If they're zoning allows for it how much you wanna bet that Tina & Jon put a trailer on their property for those 2 last loads to live in & she'll STILL be hanging out with Tina all day eating & getting rides everywhere she wants.  🤣🤣.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Duodenal Switch has better outcomes than Roux-en-Y bypass long term.     So, I'm glad Ashely had the switch instead as a revision. 

I hope Ashely really embraced the program, and has increased her health, and kept her great attitude. 

I think Tina never wanted surgery, and I hope she cancelled sooner than the day of that they showed on the program. 

I really want to know how they expected a hairdresser to make their sparse hair look good?   They should have worn wigs like everyone else at the Ren fair.        

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Snarkastikate said:

Did I mishear something, because I believe I heard Ashley confirm with Dr Proctor just before being sedated that he was doing a duodenal switch.  Maybe this is what a revision surgery is technically called?  🤷‍♀️

I had looked up Vannessa’s Surgery and every mention of it just said “bariatric surgery” except one that referred to it as “gastric bypass.” Apparently it’s similar to the switch but not exactly the same:

“What is the difference between gastric bypass and duodenal switch?

Both involve reducing your stomach (weight loss by restriction) and bypassing part of your small intestine (weight loss by malabsorption). In general, the duodenal switch leans more on malabsorption, while the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass leans more on restriction.”

but both are very different than the “gastric sleeve.” Maybe Ashely had the switch because of previously having a different surgery. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
16 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Did a licensed doctor actually refer to a patient’s vagina as Miss Kitty?

Vanessa had already used so many crude terms I assume it was a way of bonding with her without getting as crude as the patient already had.

I understand waiting to do skin removal surgery until the situation is optimal, but this isn't somebody with one shot via insurance who is going to be unhappy if she ends up with small batwings instead of no batwings because of a 10 lb weight shift. Wait on the arms/breasts/legs, sure -- but get that weight off her abdomen! Those wrap around surgeries are extreme and risky, but there certainly could be an intermediate surgery done with room for plastic surgery excellence to follow at a later date.  This is a serious quality of life issue; I bet she'd trade a flat tummy in the long run for relief in the present with the hope of improvement later. 

Maybe the difference is that Dr. Now is a general surgeon and not going for refined plastic surgery aesthetics, and this was a plastic surgeon who wants the best possible cosmetic result.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1