Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Back to School

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, TomGirl said:

So, is that the end of this season?  It sure felt like it.

I thought so to. 

Will this new chick be the love of Jazz's life??  Will she be attacked by a deranged hater?  Will Jeanette finally get a life?  We shall have to wait with bated breath for these answers and more... 😁

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
45 minutes ago, Meh said:

I haven't watched this show in a long time. Did Jazz's brothers finish school, and if so do they work, or are they just on the show?

Sander is a Social Media Influencer and recently started a new job within that field. Griffen is in Law School and will graduate UF this spring. He is focusing on tax law.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I hate how many low energy rallies Jazz organizes - there are several every season and the one in the last episode was pitiful, and shows how much clout and enthusiasm Jazz brings to her "advocating".  I muted the whole date with the woman because I can't take Jazz's insipid conversation with anyone she tries to create a relationship with.

So we bid goodbye to another season of this family babbling and being neurotic.

• Like 8

I don't watch that often so could somebody bring me up to speed? I remember Jazz wanted to go to Harvard and got accepted but took a gap year and had to be re-accepted before starting, right? Did she go there last year for both semesters and is returning for her third semester? Or did she start for the Spring semester? Now she's talking about not going back? 

And her going on and on about the person making the death threats knowing she goes to Harvard. Doesn't EVERYBODY? She certainly says the H word enough that it is impossible to forget. But it's no secret where she lived BEFORE if someone wanted to find her badly enough. 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

I hate how many low energy rallies Jazz organizes - there are several every season and the one in the last episode was pitiful, and shows how much clout and enthusiasm Jazz brings to her "advocating". 

How many were at this rally? 10? 15? Sad. 

And there's Jeanette all the way from Florida in the background making sure nobody is going to hurt her 21 yr old baby. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Two episodes ago, Jazz talked to the parents about leaving school and starting a career of advocating for trans rights, etc.  After seeing the sad rally she organized in the season finale, Jazz needs to think about spending some time in an established foundation that advocates for the underserved.  Go volunteer at an LGBTQ or disabled veterans or birth defects non-profit, etc., a place that has a reputation and is known for their work with the public.  Instead, we see Jazz sitting in a dorm room with 2-3 of your besties where this thinktank came up with the equivalent of the old "let's put on a show!" trope in old Hollywood movies.

I presume the producers are going to squeeze another season out of this wreck and already set up the teaser for it:  Will Jazz end up with a male or female?   Sigh.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

The second episode in the season where Jazz decides to make a video to change hearts and minds. Its nonsense, no one who would discriminate against someone on the basis of them being trans is going to have their mind changed by a video.

Jazz deciding to continue at Harvard as soon as she got back clearly demonstrated to me that that whole storyline was manufactured for the show. If she was actually conflicted then I think she would have waited until the term started and was going well.

I have never seen people who don't belong to some sort of fundamenalist religion be so focused on coupling off young.

According to Jazz's twitter this was the season finale

I am so glad we didn't have another series of the family making snide comments about Jazz's weight, that wasn't helping the situation at all. I was surprised Jazz getting healthier wasn't a storyline this season especially when she was playing sport in the first ep and she had the summer off

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
On 3/1/2023 at 1:09 PM, magemaud said:

I don't watch that often so could somebody bring me up to speed? I remember Jazz wanted to go to Harvard and got accepted but took a gap year and had to be re-accepted before starting, right? Did she go there last year for both semesters and is returning for her third semester? Or did she start for the Spring semester? Now she's talking about not going back? 

And her going on and on about the person making the death threats knowing she goes to Harvard. Doesn't EVERYBODY? She certainly says the H word enough that it is impossible to forget. But it's no secret where she lived BEFORE if someone wanted to find her badly enough. 

A quick google search reveals their real last name & location.  This show needs to die. So friggin boring. Spend the energy on getting mental health therapy for mother and daughter.  

• Like 6
(edited)
On 3/2/2023 at 9:44 PM, BAForever said:

Sander and Griffin gross me out- sex talk, vanishing hair lines, just yuck. Time to pull the plug on this show. I ff'ed thru every episode.

At least Griffin has a future as a lawyer and is pursuing a Masters. Sander seems to be floundering. Living at home and trying to be a success as an influencer piggy backing off the semi success of his sister. 

Edited by bichonblitz
wrong twin
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

Stick a fork in it, this show is just BORING now.  I can't even believe that I watch it anymore.  For one thing, Jeanette needs some serious psychotherapy STAT.  Her anxiety is over the top.

Why did Jazz want to go to Harvard in the first place?  Was she going to be an influencer? A social worker? A lawyer? A college professor in English Lit?  Like WHAT? EXACTLY??

Whatever it was, it's LONG GONE.  So is this show. Buh-bye.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 3/1/2023 at 1:26 PM, bichonblitz said:

How many were at this rally? 10? 15? 

If I had seen that group in paper capes carrying signs around Boston Common, I might have guessed they were some kind of sorority initiation. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, goofygirl said:

Why did Jazz want to go to Harvard in the first place?  Was she going to be an influencer? A social worker? A lawyer? A college professor in English Lit?  Like WHAT? EXACTLY??

Didn't she originally really want to go to Pomona and mama bear talked her out of it so Jazz would be closer to home?

Too bad she didn't go there, she may have broken the chains from Jeanette.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Didn't she originally really want to go to Pomona and mama bear talked her out of it so Jazz would be closer to home?

Too bad she didn't go there, she may have broken the chains from Jeanette.

Judging by the number of times they all ostentatiously mention "Harvard" during the show, I'm pretty sure Jeannette convinced Jazz to go to Harvard because she's thirsty for that upper middle class peer group awe and approval!

• Like 12
  • Love 1

This is not to blame Jazz and family - at this point all of reality tv is suspicious.  Two things I doubt from this show:

1.  I don't believe Jeanette is such a freak about Jazz when cameras aren't rolling

2.  I don't believe what they are selling about this latest "death threat"

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
On 3/15/2023 at 10:42 AM, Midwestern Lady said:

I wonder how Jazz speaks in real life.   Every time she opens her mouth on this show, it's to lecture and be deep and meaningful.   Is there a sense of humor or fun?   I hope she's more engaging in real life than tv.   

I think she must, just like I don't believe Jeanette is so ridiculously overprotective.  I think they have "characters" and a "mission" for this show that overrides their normal selves.  I also don't believe that they constantly wear t-shirts with trans slogans when they're not on tv 😄

• Like 3

I liked this episode.  I was surprised at the way Jazz transformed her dorm room.  Man, it looked as if she painted and wallpapered her room.  And, the twin bed wasreplaced with a larger bed.  I wonder how they got that accomplished. 

I thought the turnout was good.  I know that I would be hesitant to appear at a trans event, due to fear for my safety.  And, I’m in the capital of my state!  Raleigh, NC.  There are a lot of people who detest transgender people in the south.  It boggles the mind.  

(edited)
On 3/1/2023 at 10:09 PM, magemaud said:

It's quite a confusing story for me. I hope someone can make it clear. But I still wonder if Jazz could study if she missed a semester or more. She would have to pay for essay and other written works and do extra tutoring. Otherwise, she would have bad grades and be expelled from the university. Indeed, a tutor and this helpful site https://essays.studymoose.com/pay-for-essay with which you can write essay for money would be her only way out. No matter what, she would have coped with all her learning problems.

I'm also not clear enough about Jazz and Harvard. But I think she did go to Harvard.

Edited by AshleyTucker
23 hours ago, AshleyTucker said:

I'm also not clear enough about Jazz and Harvard. But I think she did go to Harvard.

She did attend for a full year but at the end of the last season, she was considering not returning for "mental health" reasons. 

On 3/2/2023 at 12:04 AM, maggiegil said:

The second episode in the season where Jazz decides to make a video to change hearts and minds. Its nonsense, no one who would discriminate against someone on the basis of them being trans is going to have their mind changed by a video.

Jazz deciding to continue at Harvard as soon as she got back clearly demonstrated to me that that whole storyline was manufactured for the show. If she was actually conflicted then I think she would have waited until the term started and was going well.

I have never seen people who don't belong to some sort of fundamenalist religion be so focused on coupling off young.

According to Jazz's twitter this was the season finale

I am so glad we didn't have another series of the family making snide comments about Jazz's weight, that wasn't helping the situation at all. I was surprised Jazz getting healthier wasn't a storyline this season especially when she was playing sport in the first ep and she had the summer off

I would expect more mastery of the English language, especially use of punctuation, from a perfectionist Harvard student like Jazz.

• LOL 1
On 3/1/2023 at 9:19 AM, spacefly said:

Sander is a Social Media Influencer and recently started a new job within that field. Griffen is in Law School and will graduate UF this spring. He is focusing on tax law.

Well, at least one of them has a plan that just might work

• Like 2
On 3/3/2023 at 6:55 AM, chediavolo said:

A quick google search reveals their real last name & location.  This show needs to die. So friggin boring. Spend the energy on getting mental health therapy for mother and daughter.  

Oh, most definitely intensive therapy for the kid. For Mommy Dearest, I'd prefer permanent incarceration for the most horrific child abuse ever. And documented!

• Like 3