Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9: Speculation, Rumors, Spoilers, and Other Omens

• Start Topic

So according to Deux Moi and Blocked by Jax on Instagram, Southern Charm is currently filming. Per Deux Moi, Austen/Austin and Taylor were seen filming together at a restaurant in Charleston.  Per Blocked by Jax Instagram story, Kathryn is out. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, aghst said:

Are you referring to two different persons or just Austen?

I never remember how Mr. Potato Head spells his name. 

Okay, now on Deux Moi they’re saying that it was definitely Austen and not Taylor, but I definitely wouldn’t put it past the SC overlords to try to squeeze a romance out of that boring stone, whether it was actually them filming or not. I will always and forever not give one shit about Austen. 

• Like 5
13 hours ago, Babyfoot said:

So according to Deux Moi and Blocked by Jax on Instagram, Southern Charm is currently filming. Per Deux Moi, Austen/Austin and Taylor were seen filming together at a restaurant in Charleston.  Per Blocked by Jax Instagram story, Kathryn is out. 

Kathryn should have been out years ago.

• Applause 4
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, aghst said:

Does she have enough IG followers to make some kind of living that way?

I was thinking more in terms of Only Fans-type of sites, and I'm sure there are many others of that ilk.  I dunno how many followers she has, but judging by the people that are eking out a decent living as "influencers" in this gig economy phenomenon, she would probably do well or well enough.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Never been on OF but seen some video clips.

Has anyone made money on OF without at least doing nudity?

Well maybe minor reality show celebrities will get lemmings to give her money, just because.

• Useful 1

The whole show should be canceled. Let's face it, there hasn't been an interesting story line since Thomas left/was fired. They never found anything interesting for solo Kathryn and the rest of the cast really didn't want to work with her.

The show has been circling the drain for several seasons. It's time to flush.

• Like 11

Question is, who's going to step up to bring the drama, now that Kathryn is gone?

Who's most likely to cause shouting arguments at a minimum?

Craig was a little shit last season but Leva presumably won't come back since she has her own show?  Or maybe that bombs and she comes back with her tail between her legs but the restaurants she and her husband own are suppose to be wildly popular so she doesn't need Bravo money.

Or are they going to give a greater role to Madison again, since she's a shit-stirrer herself?

Shep can also be a loud asshole so that's another potential candidate for the Kathryn Dennis chair.

But they don't see themselves as villains whereas Kathryn didn't GAF that she was a villain and tried to gaslight people into believing that she wasn't the awful person everyone could see that she was.

• Like 1

They will try to resurrect the carcass at least one more time. They will engineer a lot of fake conflict between the women, supplanted by occasional drunken outbursts from the lazy frat boys, with Whitney wafting in and out like a wraith. Patricia will be propped up for a few stilted appearances.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

FYI, they’ve added three new guys to the cast: a gay man, a popular local dude who’s Persian, and another guy in his 40’s who’s a bit sketchy and rumored to be like T-Rav 2.0. Now that so many of the cast’s featured gals are these bland blonde ex’es of the guys, I’m kinda into the idea of bringing some more freshness to the cast via adding more men.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
On 1/12/2023 at 1:55 PM, ProudMary said:

The whole show should be canceled. Let's face it, there hasn't been an interesting story line since Thomas left/was fired. They never found anything interesting for solo Kathryn and the rest of the cast really didn't want to work with her.

The show has been circling the drain for several seasons. It's time to flush.

Sad, but true. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 1/12/2023 at 2:39 PM, aghst said:

Question is, who's going to step up to bring the drama, now that Kathryn is gone?

Who's most likely to cause shouting arguments at a minimum?

Craig was a little shit last season but Leva presumably won't come back since she has her own show?  Or maybe that bombs and she comes back with her tail between her legs but the restaurants she and her husband own are suppose to be wildly popular so she doesn't need Bravo money.

Or are they going to give a greater role to Madison again, since she's a shit-stirrer herself?

Shep can also be a loud asshole so that's another potential candidate for the Kathryn Dennis chair.

But they don't see themselves as villains whereas Kathryn didn't GAF that she was a villain and tried to gaslight people into believing that she wasn't the awful person everyone could see that she was.

Madison can be as nasty as Kathryn, but I don't find her remotely interesting. Honestly, most of them showed themselves as pretty awful people the last couple of season. Even seemingly sweet Taylor completely humiliating and embarrassing herself at the reunion turned me off on her completely. The rest of the women are boring. I miss Cameron. Can no longer stand Shep or Austen and Craig has, unfortunately, become insufferable. The totally fake relationships last season didn't work either. But, honestly, the Dog Wedding was the final shark jump on the show. And this comes from a major Animal lover, who throws Christmas gatherings with a few close friends and our dogs! 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

It's such a shame about Kathryn.  I have to confess that season 5 is my favorite season due to the Ashley drama, and you could see how clear-headed and grounded Kathryn was.  For the most part, at least, she handled conflicts rationally and expressed herself clearly without going overboard, and she was committed to her sobriety and could see the benefits that came with it.  I hope she's able to find that clarity again in the future.

I can't believe I'm saying this, given that this was my favorite show for quite awhile, but I may not watch this season.  It's not what it used to be.  Although I stand by my oft-repeated declaration: if they bring Landon and Ashley back in the same season, put them in the same Charleston apartment as roommates, and turn them loose, I am so there.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
19 minutes ago, mandymax said:

For the most part, at least, she handled conflicts rationally and expressed herself clearly without going overboard, and she was committed to her sobriety and could see the benefits that came with it.

I am inclined to think she was under the care of mental health professionals, court-ordered or not, and likely with the appropriate medications on board. If those are the factors that aided in the appearance of rationality and clarity, I would highly recommend that she return to that regimen. Her children deserve nothing less, nor she.

I hope I never see her on a television program again. Mostly for her sake.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Either that or it was a false story line.  She may have been cheating on sobriety but they pretended otherwise.

And that Ashley plot was a huge boon to the producers.  It blew up on social media before they were going to shoot the season so it was a gift to them to integrate Ashley into that season.

• Like 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Taylor hooked up with Whitney?

Or, more likely, executive producer Whiney has a clause in his contract that states a there must be a storyline each season involving him hooking up with one of the ladies. Then they all draw straws & the loser gets to practice her acting skills. 

Edited by snarts
  • Like 2
  • LOL 9
8 hours ago, snarts said:

Or, more likely, executive producer Whiney has a clause in his contract that states a there must be a storyline each season involving him hooking up with one of the ladies. Then they all draw straws & the loser gets to practice her acting skills. 

Don't get me wrong hooking up with Whitney seems vomit inducing, however, when your other options are:  Craig, Austen, or Shep can it really be considered losing to get Whitney.

There are no winners here........

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

Why would she only be limited to cast members of this show?

She's only socializing with others on the show?  If anything, they have their own circles of friends and a lot of these cast members aren't spending time with each other when they're not filming the show.

• Like 2

When did they first started suggesting that cast members were hooking up with each other within this supposed social circle?

Well season 1, Katherine pretty much was accused of sleeping with every male cast member except Craig.

Then some suggestion that Landon had interest in Shep and Thomas or was accused and she denied it.

Then maybe now Naomi, who was first with Craig and supposedly hooked up with Whitney?

They also tried to make it seem like Madison and Pringle could be a thing when she was still with Austen.

The original cast was suppose to be well-heeled, like the upper crust of Charleston society, with polo matches and such.  Now they're all sleeping with each other or could?

• Like 4

I have returned from Charleston...I did not see any filming or evidence of filming in the city or Mt. Pleasant although I did suffer thru a terrible meal at Nico, (Naomi's parents restaurant), it was not good but the staff were so nice. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1

Ugh. I hate that. Who doesn't? Sitting down for a nice meal when you're hungry and then the disappointment.  Naomi is so holier than thou, and then her restaurant sucks?

• Like 3
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

...for money basically. There's a name for that. Whether real or scripted, allowing oneself to be portrayed in that manner doesn't say much for one's character.

But that's just me.

I'm not so sure they are sleeping with each other.  They want you to believe it, because it's suppose to be a "reality" show.

Maybe some cast members desperate enough to be on TV will have sex with other cast, just like apparently they do on The Bachelor shows.

But this is basically a soap opera now like a lot of other reality shows and the drama is from cast hookups and relationships and fights over it, cheating, etc.  So these soap opera reality shows always imply or outright fake some supposed couples.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Kill it. Make it dead.

I agree. It’s hard for me to believe that once upon a time this show was must see tv for me!

• Like 4

IMDB has the new season premiering September 14.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm on the fence.  I typically purchase every season right from the get-go because it's been one of my favorite shows, and I like to rewatch and have them on in the background.  But this time around, I don't even know if I'm going to watch, let alone purchase.  All my favorite people and train wrecks are gone.

• Like 6

I like the OGs. The original recipe cast for me was the most entertaining. Even with Shep and Ravenel…I know a lot of people are fans of Chelsea. I have never liked Austen, so when Chelsea dated him she lost points for me. 
Season 1 was the best season IMHO.

• Like 8