Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 M600LL and Season 8 WATN LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, aliya said:

She's in Anacortes? It's so nice out there. Too bad she can't get outside and joy the nature.

Yeah. I've been thinking about moving to that area. Someday. (Inertia is real!)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, aliya said:

I'm a big fan of his (being a Wolverine and all, I'm partial to all things Ann Arbor). I like Nadine the best and have his little book about her. It's pictures of her on one side of the page, and line paper on the other so you can write your own story about the picture. He asks you to send in your stories, so I sent one to him. Turns out we both like the same classic movie star who was in my story.  I thought he'd just say "thanks," but he sent a very nice email. I'm totally a fan girl.

That's awesome! I have three Nadine prints. They are just waiting to go up on my wall (had to get another hanger which I just picked up from my parents' l last night). I'm off Friday and my dad's coming to hang a shelf so I'll get him to help me place them evenly over my couch. (There's a fourth Nadine print that I was going to get but it went out of stock before I ordered. Might wait a bit and see what else comes up because I have three more frames. There is a recent post that I hope he makes available (but I don't remember at the moment what it was).

I want to go to AA someday and just wander around to see who I find.

• Like 1
Just now, Suzywriter said:

I would love to see the shop that must happen after a tax refund. 

In Oklahoma, I lived across the hall from a native American who used to get what she called "Indian money" twice a year and twice a year she would jam up her house with all kinds of crap and crappy food. Just like getting a tax refund.

We lived on campus and she was married to a grad student from the middle east who was in one of the petroleum engineering programs. He hardly talked to her. They were so mismatched - I don't know if she even had high school - he was with her for the green card. I wonder if he stayed with her much after that. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1

Fast food on the road is a pet peeve of mine. I force us to stop and eat in a real restaurant much to Mr Poetic's chagrin. 

So is she admitting its a mental thing about eating on the road? I thought it was about physical pain 

So, they're showing the drive thru stops.  Guess the camera crew is not happy with her.   They've been on the road for three hours, and have the first big sack from the drive thru.  Not a good situation at all. 

Anacortes to Dr. Now's is 36 hours, and almost 2400 miles.   This will be epic.  

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

I have to give a lot of credit to the step-parents who "inherit" their spouse's super morbidly obese child (or drug addicted kids) & has to go hell trying to get them well.  And Stephanie doesn't seem overly grateful to the guy that inherited her.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
5 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

This episode is so boring, I'm glad to see a commercial.

I was waiting forever for a commercial to finish fixing my dinner and it wasn't long enough so the microwave keeps beeping at me.

Peeps, I have a confession to make. I hadn't had fast food in almost four years - March of 2019 (initially because I got sick the next day and was put off for quite a while, then the pandemic came along and I didn't want to go anywhere and things were closed and I don't do drive-thrus...but a couple weeks ago I broke my streak. I took the morning off for a doctor's appointment and then on my way to work I stopped at McDonald's and got..........two hamburgers!!! 😳 

(Actually, technically I broke the streak in October when I had a BK hamburger, but that was at a rest stop in the middle of a three-hour drive, so I didn't count that. Not a lot of options on the PA Turnpike.)

• Like 1
  • Love 2
Just now, Snarkastikate said:

I have to give a lot of credit to the step-parents who "inherit" their spouse's super morbidly obese child (or drug addicted kids) & has to go hell trying to get them well.  And Stephanie doesn't seem overly grateful to the guy that inherited her.

Stephanie doesn't seem overly grateful to the mother than shovels up food for her, or her kids, or basically anything.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
4 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I couldn't drive cross country and I'm healthy. This trip sounds horrible

A few years ago, my son and I wanted to go to Ann Arbor for the university's Bicentennial. We live 7 hours away by car. Son had driven it a few times and we considered it. Then we decided that though we love each other, one of us would have killed the other on a road trip like that. The only question would have been who would get killed first.

So we flew. 1.5 hours. Best choice we've made in a long time.

• Like 4
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

They are in the car now! How is doggie?

He had to find just the right spot. I didn’t want to miss a second of snark. I’m wearing a pounder muumuu tonight too.

• LOL 5
(edited)
13 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I've only seen a couple people that obese, and both of them were at my hospital.  One was on a gurney in the Wounds clinic, eating mini cookies as fast as she could.  As a 600pl vet, it didn't surprise me.

I've seen a few very obese people grocery shopping, but never have I seen one of these epic shopping trips that require a trailer to drag home.

BTW, the stepdad dynamic is odd. Did he marry this woman knowing that his entire existence would revolve around a sackcloth-and-ashes eternal regret from his wife and a gi-huge-ic stepdaughter? Where are the brothers?

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2