Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Just Give Me a Reason

• Start Topic

Angela catches Michael in a lie; Yara makes a big decision without consulting Jovi; Usman is caught in the middle after his mom makes an unexpected request; Libby and Andrei find out some life-changing news; Sumit prioritizes work over Jenny.

First Look: 28/10/22; TLC: 30/10/22; Discovery+: 30/10/22

• Love 1

The preview:

Sumit wants to go to work, they didn’t buy many groceries after coming back from the honeymoon and Jenny has to buy stuff herself. And of course get ripped off by the folks at the markets. He talks to his friend about Jenny wanting him to visit America. He wants to stay in India. At least go for a month.

Yara and her mom go sightseeing. I could actually understand them in bits and pieces. I guess her mom is retired or something because she would love to look after Mylah every day, so Yara can have some hobbies, spend time with friends, do what she wants. Uh, bad idea. Jovi and precious Yara are responsible for their baby. Life changed when Mylah arrived and Yara needs to learn that the baby is priority numero uno. Her old life is gone. Six months from now (or less), you may be a very angry, used and abused baba. Set some appropriate boundaries with your almost 30 year old daughter. She will take advantage of you. Yara is also thinking of looking for an apartment in Prague. Guess most of the family is looking to move there.

Andreii and Libby find out that they are expecting. The whole family goes to the ultrasound. They are debating telling Lib’s family. Nothing from Immigration yet.

Usman and Kim are to meet with his brother and mother. Kim wants to be the nice person that she thinks she is.

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Kim wants to be the nice person that she thinks she is

I wish I had a fraction of Kim's high opinion of herself. In this preview alone, she said she was "a beautiful woman" "a good person" "charming" and "good with people." 

I couldn't help but think of the old SNL "Daily Affirmations" skit, where Stuart Smalley looks in the mirror and says, "I'm good enough, I'm strong enough and doggone it, people like me..." 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2

Yara will drain Jovi dry if he lets her rent an apartment..she doesn't work, so has no money of her own? I do hope they came back home..at least Jovi and the baby? Once she is back, he needs to hide her pass port, or he will come home from work and find them both gone. The baby just does not need to live in a war zone.

• Love 3

Jenny hasn't been out by herself in the 3+ years she's been to India?  She expects that Summit is going to take care of her??? hahahaha Basically she's looking for a nursemaid/housekeeper/loverboy who will cook, clean, wash her bottom, do the shopping, and give her the occassional 🍆.  That's not how relationships work chicken Jenny. 

I think that buying an apartment in Prague is a good idea if Jovi has the money.  They can Air B&B it when they are not there and there is somewhere for them to go stay when they visit Prague and Yara's mother.  It is feasible for Jovi and Yara to go there for 2 months out of the year. Or at least Yara and Mylah.

I agree with @magemaud in regards to Kim.  That's some major high opinion of herself. The problem is she keeps shacking up with losers like Usman. 

What!!??! Libby is preggers? That's a shock (said NO ONE EVER!)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

Jenny hasn't been out by herself in the 3+ years she's been to India?

I can't help but wonder WHAT THE HELL SHES DOES ALL DAY! We know she doesn't do any cleaning or cooking. 

• Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I can't help but wonder WHAT THE HELL SHES DOES ALL DAY! We know she doesn't do any cleaning or cooking. 

Probably sleeps in, watches tv and takes naps.

She really had a good opportunity to learn the language and culture. Such as waste.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, magemaud said:

I wish I had a fraction of Kim's high opinion of herself. In this preview alone, she said she was "a beautiful woman" "a good person" "charming" and "good with people." 

I couldn't help but think of the old SNL "Daily Affirmations" skit, where Stuart Smalley looks in the mirror and says, "I'm good enough, I'm strong enough and doggone it, people like me..." 

If Kim is beautiful then everyone is beautiful.  And if everyone is beautiful the word has no meaning.

According to Soapdish she is longer at that chain restaurant and is now a receptionist at a spa.  Wouldn’t you want the face of your business to represent your brand?   I don’t think of beauty and luxury when I think of Kim.

Edit I think the second Stuart affirmation was smart enough.

2 hours ago, magemaud said:

I wonder about the wholesomeness of Chef Sumit’s food when he doesn’t clean either.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

Probably sleeps in, watches tv and takes naps.

At least she could watch TV shows or Bollywood movies in Hindi! But she hasn't demonstrated even the simplest, most basic vocabulary. 

1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

According to Soapdish she is longer at that chain restaurant and is now a receptionist at a spa.

We have a local carwash that pretentiously advertises itself as an "automobile spa." Maybe that's the kind of place where Kim works. 

• Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

Like many of these 90 Day-ers, she is an "influencer" on Social Media and has started her own fashion line! 

What is WITH these women who want to have fashion lines??  They think because they wear clothes that somehow that translates into them being able to DESIGN clothes?? I just. don't. get. it. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

I think she buys the clothes from cheap manufacturers and then resells them at a huge markup. Like her Bougie makeup line, which is custom from Ali Express. Add your logo and resell. Probably what Miona does with her makeup brushes and ponytails. Slaps her brand on them and laugh the way to the bank. Doubt anything original is going on with those two.

• Like 4
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I think she buys the clothes from cheap manufacturers and then resells them at a huge markup. Like her Bougie makeup line, which is custom from Ali Express. Add your logo and resell. Probably what Miona does with her makeup brushes and ponytails. Slaps her brand on them and laugh the way to the bank. Doubt anything original is going on with those two.

Yara and Miona will never be able to achieve the success of House of Eleven! 

Came back to comment that I have to give credit to Stephanie for coming up with an original product for her business venture, “Farts in a Jar.” At least she doesn’t resell someone else’s flatulence.

Edited by magemaud
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 14

The writers are getting so lazy that they recycle the exact same story one week apart. Last week, Sumit was ambushed by his aunt and brother coming to the meeting instead of his parents, this week Faruk blindsides Usman and Kim by showing up instead of Mohammed. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, magemaud said:

Yara and Miona will never be able to achieve the success of House of Eleven! 

Came back to comment that I have to give credit to Stephanie for coming up with an original product for her business venture, “Farts in a Jar.” At least she doesn’t resell someone else’s flatulence.

Are we sure about that? Have you authenticated one of those jars? 😀

• Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Are we sure about that? Have you authenticated one of those jars? 😀

Good point. I remember a rumor going around that she was using her pug's farts and passing (ha ha) them off as her own. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 2

Doesn't Liz have a daughter? And is she OK with subjecting that kid to this dysfunctional relationship?  Is this the kind of relationship that she wants to model for her daughter so that her daughter can repeat the pattern?

And, poor Ed, he is such a victim.

Edited by Kid
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Kid said:

Doesn't Liz have a daughter? 

Yes she does, and apparently Liz shares custody with her (first) ex-husband, which makes it convenient for production to not have to explain the girl's whereabouts. 

• Love 2

I ask you, WHEN is Michael going to wise the hell up!

When  Angela gets out of the car, her dress is stuck in the crack of her ass!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Good point. I remember a rumor going around that she was using her pug's farts and passing (ha ha) them off as her own.

I thought she hurt herself from farting too much and had to retire from the flatulence business. 😟

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
22 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

According to Soapdish she is longer at that chain restaurant and is now a receptionist at a spa.  Wouldn’t you want the face of your business to represent your brand?

Advertising for the spa: If you don’t have a spa treatment, this is what you’ll end up looking like. 

• Wink 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, magemaud said:

How the hell would you even do that?  I can kind of understand capturing your own farts, like you feel one coming on and grab the jar.  But how would you coordinate it with the pug?  At least its tail is well designed for positioning a fart jar.

Also, anybody else LOL at the way Liz holds on when she's riding on the back of the scooter?  She has her arm over Ed's shoulder and I thought it was because she's so much taller than he is, but Mr. Outlier (poor guy was walking through the room) said she can't get her arms around Ed's middle to hold on.  Whatever--it's nothing I've ever seen before.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/29/2022 at 2:24 AM, Meh said:

Yara will drain Jovi dry if he lets her rent an apartment..she doesn't work, so has no money of her own?

1. She said BUY an apartment.
  2. She said she has her own money.
  3. She said she "has a job" and makes money.
    On 10/29/2022 at 2:24 AM, Meh said:

The baby just does not need to live in a war zone.

They're not in Ukraine or in Russia.  All of Europe is not a war zone.

• Applause 2
  • Love 5

When Europe is without heating gas or oil this winter, they will feel like they are in a war zone. Or if Putin drops a dirty bomb onto Ukraine, How can Yara have an established, money making clothing line? She just got her green card, and supposedly couldn't work or make money until she got it?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Meh said:

When Europe is without heating gas or oil this winter, they will feel like they are in a war zone. Or if Putin drops a dirty bomb onto Ukraine, How can Yara have an established, money making clothing line? She just got her green card, and supposedly couldn't work or make money until she got it?

If everything is made and shipped from outside the US, that may be how.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Angela could not have looked more like mutton dressed like lamb in that striped dress, grandma bra straps showing, her polyester pony tail plopped on her head with her real very damaged bleached hair not blended in with the fake, her top dentures or cheap veneers slipping with every word she says, etc...

I will never understand what Angela wants from Michael in reality.  

Why are these people so opposed to having a job? Angela does not seem to have a job anymore so maybe TLC is funding her lifestyle, what does she do for health insurance?  

Michael could have an IG page, just change his name, I would totally resort to trickery if I had to answer to Angela. 

Jenny is upset because Sumit wants to work and might have to work weekends, she is retired what difference what days he works, when you are retired everyday is a weekend! Sumit is right about spending time apart and wanting to earn money and see his friends, Jenny has done nothing to make a life for herself in India.  Once again, a 90 Day person is not happy about a spouse having a job.  Also, Sumit is positively gleeful to be leaving the house everyday and now Jenny has an excuse to never cook dinner now that she knows he will be bringing home take out from his restaurant.

Ed's therapist has blankies for her patients???? Is that a thing now?  I have a feeling all the therapy (with or without blankies) in the world will not help Ed, he is just going thru the motions.  Liz is addicted to drama, Ed is an enabler and all too happy to bring drama.  Liz is one of those women who makes bad decisions, it is all she knows.  

Yara and Jovi, ugh. Yara leaves the hotel room with the kid, no coat, no stroller, she exits the hotel with the stroller, a coat and her mother in tow...such editing almost makes me think none of what we see is real, lol.

Libby and Andreiiii, I don't care if they ever make up with her family or if he gets deported, they have been too long on TLC, unless they pur Charlie and Andreiii in a cage match they are not interesting to me.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 10/29/2022 at 2:28 PM, magemaud said:

I found it odd too when they had come back from their honeymoon Jenny made a remark that Sumit had unpacked all of his luggage and Sumit said he would have unpacked hers but didn't know where she wanted her things.  As if she would expect him to unpack for her.  Yes exactly what is it that Jenny does all day?  Then when Sumit said he was going back to work she was saying Oh what am I supposed to do all day then?  So Sumit has to do the cooking, work at the restaurant, do the grocery shopping,  and be a full time entertainer for Jenny in case she gets bored.  Oh, I did notice Jenny making some Chai tea when Sumit asked.  That's something?

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
22 hours ago, Kid said:

Doesn't Liz have a daughter? And is she OK with subjecting that kid to this dysfunctional relationship?  Is this the kind of relationship that she wants to model for her daughter so that her daughter can repeat the pattern?

And, poor Ed, he is such a victim.

Yes I feel bad for Liz's daughter.  I wonder about Liz's childhood.  What were her models for relationships?  I also think Liz is in a state where she's trauma bonded.  When someone is in that kind of dynamic it's very hard to get to a place of clarity.  It's a kind of addictive pattern.  Once you have that endorphin fueled hit after that abysmal low you keep seeking that reinforcement again and again.  So I don't think Liz is thinking rationally enough to consider what's good for her daughter or for herself.  I wonder too what Liz would say if someone asked her to define what she meant by love.  She keeps saying she wants to work things out with Ed because she loves him.  What does that word mean to her?  Some ephemeral feeling here today and gone tomorrow?  Or something that actually adds something to her life--support, understanding...?

And Ed, Ed who needs love when you can be a victim instead?

• Applause 3
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, procrasstinator said:

Yes I feel bad for Liz's daughter.  I wonder about Liz's childhood.  What were her models for relationships?  I also think Liz is in a state where she's trauma bonded.  When someone is in that kind of dynamic it's very hard to get to a place of clarity.  It's a kind of addictive pattern.  Once you have that endorphin fueled hit after that abysmal low you keep seeking that reinforcement again and again.  So I don't think Liz is thinking rationally enough to consider what's good for her daughter or for herself.  I wonder too what Liz would say if someone asked her to define what she meant by love.  She keeps saying she wants to work things out with Ed because she loves him.  What does that word mean to her?  Some ephemeral feeling here today and gone tomorrow?  Or something that actually adds something to her life--support, understanding...?

And Ed, Ed who needs love when you can be a victim instead?

I believe she was raised by her grandparents, but I could be wrong. That says some thing right there when her mother is alive.  And if she was abandoned, literally or figuratively, she will choose a partner that will either emotionally or physically abandon her.

Edited by Kid
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1

I tried couples therapy with my ex, the first one he didn't feel understood the magnitude of our (meaning my) issues and we never went back to her. The second one was a therapist he had seen before by himself and trusted, but once this guy tried to make my ex understand my side of things that was the end of that.  Therapy doesn't work with people who absolutely refuse or are incapable of understanding anything outside of themselves, and are always the victim. My ex hated one of my best friends who didn't like him, and he blew up at me repeatedly over wanting to stay friends with her. He said that my continuing to talk to her and spend time with her was the same thing as cheating on him, and the therapist said, "Do you hear yourself?" We didn't have blankies, though. Ed doesn't want Liz to work because the people she works with are 'toxic'...meaning they probably don't like him and he's worried they will convince her to leave him, so he wants to isolate her, and if she is financially dependent on him even better.  I left my ex 8 years ago after three years of horrible, awful fights and trying to change my life to please him and make him feel secure, but it was never enough.

Now I'm very happily married and last year my husband and I went to Prague on our honeymoon, so I loved those scenes with Yara just for the scenery. I can understand wanting to live there part of the year and be close to her mom, but come on.  She acted all like what is the big deal to Jovi, but it is a big deal. If you can't discuss these things with your husband that is a problem. It was almost like she was trying to sneak getting an apartment past him, and if she uses her own money how could he have an issue with that.

If I lived in a country where shopping involved haggling with people who screamed at me like that woman did to Jenny I probably wouldn't ever want to do it either.  But I do love to cook and I would be trying to learn some new skills, like cooking Indian food and learning the language.  Mashed potatoes, that's it?  Indian food is SO GOOD. It kills me when people get married and think their spouse is going to change. Jenny doesn't enjoy cooking or cleaning and she isn't going to start miraculously start just because Sumit is gone 7 days a week.

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Ed's therapist has blankies for her patients???? Is that a thing now? 

I was waiting for the therapist to pass around stuffed animals and a tray of pacifiers. Maybe they were "weighted" blankets although they looked kind of thin. 

• Wink 3
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

I was waiting for the therapist to pass around stuffed animals and a tray of pacifiers. Maybe they were "weighted" blankets although they looked kind of thin. 

If so they weren't heavy enough as they both managed to get up & leave.

• Wink 2
  • LOL 4
59 minutes ago, Goshengir1 said:

If I lived in a country where shopping involved haggling with people who screamed at me like that woman did to Jenny I probably wouldn't ever want to do it either.  But I do love to cook and I would be trying to learn some new skills, like cooking Indian food and learning the language.  Mashed potatoes, that's it?  Indian food is SO GOOD. It kills me when people get married and think their spouse is going to change. Jenny doesn't enjoy cooking or cleaning and she isn't going to start miraculously start just because Sumit is gone 7 days a week.

Jenny seemed to handle herself quite well.  She walked away from the screaming vendor and bought from the quiet one.  Her only real problem was not knowing the language so she over paid 500 for 300. 

I can understand not liking to cook or clean.  I don't understand how people don't have anything to occupy their time with unless there's someone with them.  Of course I come from a family where everyone has always had a lot of hobbies:  knitting, quilt making, reading, puzzles, crosswords, sewing etc.  There must be something Jenny is interested in she can do to occupy herself. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Kid said:

I believe she was raised by her grandparents, but I could be wrong. That says some thing right there when her mother is alive.  And if she was abandoned, literally or figuratively, she will choose a partner that will either emotionally or physically abandon her.

I believe she mentioned in one episode that her bio dad was not involved in her life and her mom was busy taking care of her disabled brother so the grandparents had custody. It does seem kind of strange if the grandparents raised her for her entire childhood if the mom was around, so I don't know if there were other issues or what.

Regarding Libby, I don't know if that scene was just producer driven or what, but doesn't Libby have an OBGYN? She had to ask the lady how far along am I, like she didn't know. Don't most doctors schedule the first ultasound at 7 or 8 weeks to determine due date, measurements, etc. I don't know. Maybe it was all just for the show and she actually does have a regular doctor.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Kid said:

Liz did explain that she was raised by her grandparents because she didn't get along with her mother. I forgot the thing about her disabled brother. Both her grandparents and mother were at the party and her mother gave the couple her blessing. I don't remember if she had met Ed before. To me, Mom gave off a kind of "barfly" vibe, like Patrick and John's mother. 

Now Liz's own daughter is "temporarily" living with her ex-husband (#1). I imagine this must be for filming purposes so Liz can be staying at Ed's. I forget, was Norma living at Ed's place or was he living back home with her last season? 

1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

If so they weren't heavy enough as they both managed to get up & leave.

It would have been hilarious to see Ed try and untangle himself! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Applause 2
11 minutes ago, applewood said:

She had to ask the lady how far along am I, like she didn't know.

I thought she asked the tech how soon it was advisable to tell people about a pregnancy and was told "after the first trimester." Of course, Libby has had a baby and already knew the answer, (doesn't everybody?) so I am pretty sure the conversation and the "Meet the Baby" visit was all producer driven and sets up an opportunity for dramatically telling her family who are already aware that she's "showing." I also believe that she has been to her OB-GYN but maybe they didn't want filming in the office and it was great advertising for the ultrasound facility. Pregnancies are big business nowadays and pregnancy announcements starring your fetus are quite the trend. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 10/30/2022 at 1:50 AM, goofygirl said:

What is WITH these women who want to have fashion lines??  They think because they wear clothes that somehow that translates into them being able to DESIGN clothes?? I just. don't. get. it. 

I agree. However she's doing it (buying cheap and reselling or whatever) I think it's ridiculous. It's certainly gives Yara new confidence and thinks that she can support herself now, primarily with this gig. She's ready to dump Jovi. I'm getting tired of her with all her digs at the US - most recently, something about drinking swamp water back in NO. Girl, shut it . . . have some respect for the country you live in. She talks endlessly about "Europe" now and it's gotten old. "I love America" - bull, you don't. Which is fine, but still show some respect. She's making a mess now for Jovi and their daughter, who will take the brunt of her decisions - I'm envisioning them breaking up and she moves back to Europe and taking their daughter with her while Jovi unwillingly becomes an absent dad. Yara was never ready for marriage in the first place.

BTW, I'm into style and haven't even noticed Yara's clothes - which means (to me) they are boring and not noticeable.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

BTW, I'm into style and haven't even noticed Yara's clothes - which means (to me) they are boring and not noticeable.

I have. I like a lot of her clothes, actually. I liked the all white outfit she wore with a pink coat while walking with her mother. Then again, I've never met a cozy sweater I didn't like.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

I have. I like a lot of her clothes, actually. I liked the all white outfit she wore with a pink coat while walking with her mother.

She does wear casual outfits (jackets/pants) for travel that look classy and comfortable.  She always looks well put-together.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, procrasstinator said:

I don't understand how people don't have anything to occupy their time with unless there's someone with them. 

We can only imagine the scintillating conversations they have had spending all day together for two years.

1 hour ago, procrasstinator said:

There must be something Jenny is interested in she can do to occupy herself. 

Supposedly she was going to volunteer at that Krishna temple but I guess that was last season’s storyline.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Angela could not have looked more like mutton dressed like lamb in that striped dress, grandma bra straps showing, her polyester pony tail plopped on her head with her real very damaged bleached hair not blended in with the fake, her top dentures or cheap veneers slipping with every word she says, etc...

My sons are 54 and 56 and I'm  familiar with their lifelong friends in that age group.  Angela is supposedly 55...and after all that work, she STILL looks like she could be their mother.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Ed should try Pillow Therapy. That's when you take a pillow and hold it firmly over Ed's face until he stops kicking.

This is the funniest thing I have ever read!

• LOL 4
4 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I always wondered who bought Hamburger Helper. 

It's estimated that more than 1 million households eat Helper for dinner each weeknight. After all these years, Helper still has a hold on American culture. Feb 9, 2017

• Sad 1